z

Young Writers Society

Divergent (Open)

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed May 08, 2013 10:48 am
littleauthor says...

Welcome all Divergent fans and YWSer's!

You are part of a society of choice. When you turn 16 you have a choice, Amity the peaceful, Abnegation the selfless, Erudite the intelligent, Candor the honest, or Dauntless the brave. But you don't really get to choose, you are put though a simulation that decides what faction you shall live in. You have to leave your family and friends for your choice, unless you choose to stay. Those who leave are forgotten and hated. Those who are Divergent, are hated even more. If you are Divergent it means that you have 2 choice of where you can go, one more than anyone else. You will be considered a threat and it is kept a secret if you are Divergent.

The Factions:

Erudite: They are the intelligence. They are very snob like and often come off rude. Nobody really likes them, but they are what keeps our society running. Also they have a grudge with Abnegation. They must wear at least one article of blue clothing at a time, and glasses.

Dauntless: They are the brave. Well they really are just the cool kids who run around jumping off things and shooting birds. They dress in all black and usually have multiple piercings and tattoos.

Abnegation: They are the selfless. They always think of others first and rarely of them self. They have no mirrors in their homes and are not aloud to look at them self, except for every 6 months when they get their hair cut. They wear a grey and have their hair in tight knots on top of their heads. Blond hair, blue eyes.

Candor: They are the honest. They think that they are better than everyone else but only because they are the most trustworthy. They wear a white shirt and black trousers.

Amity: They are the peaceful. They work in the gardens and bring our society the food that it needs. They are often very kind and never raise their voice. They wear yellows and reds.

Setting: The city of New York, but in this story it is in ruins. Dauntless lives in underground bases in a city maybe 20 miles from New York, oh it also has an amusement park. Erudite is in the city and is covered in library's, labs, and schools. Amity is a farming nation so they live in the country and their land is pretty much entirely plantations. Candor is also in the city surrounded by large buildings and offices. Abnegation is at the edge of New York and they live a very prefect life.

Character spots:
Divergent F- RESERVED: SharraeWilson
Divergent M- Rory 'Blade' Mckinson : cm57105
Divergent F- Annamarie "Daredevil Tactician" Blanco: Dante
Divergent M-Dante Everborn: desticakes101
Normal F-Chelsea Gavins : Misscaroline
Normal M- Luke Bines: Littleauthor
Normal F- Aurora Spectrum: REDDY2325
Normal M- Erin Westby: VampireSenshi512
Normal F- RESERVED: Katkage
Normal M-Flynn Winsler: JadeFox
Normal F- RESERVED: Crazycraz
Normal F- Caitlin Gordon: TaylorLove
Normal F-Alexa Rowe: wordsandwishes
Normal F-Caroline Westby: VampireSenshi512
Normal F- Zoe Pond: JourneyGirl
As always, I can add more spots if needed.

Character profiles
Code: Select all
[b]Name[/b]
[b]Gender[/b]
[b]Age[/b](15-17)
[b]Current Faction[/b]
[b]Appearance[/b]
[b]Brief History[/b]
[b]Up for love[/b]
[b]Other[/b]

Rules

-I am allowing swearing but of course no F-bombs.
-There will be romances but no sex.
-God-modding sucks so don't do it
-Trust me nobody perfect so please no Mary Sue's
-Pretty much just all the usual YWS rules.

And now let the madness begin

DT!
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=97828
Last edited by littleauthor on Sun May 12, 2013 11:55 pm, edited 6 times in total.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed May 08, 2013 3:06 pm
ChimeraMania says...

OMG I like TOTS love the book. SO i'd like Divergent female please. But I must warn you I might not be on during the summer because of band.
SHUGGS = SWEET + HUGS (It makes since in my universe.)

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Wed May 08, 2013 9:05 pm
MissCaroline says...

Can I reserve a Normal Female, please? :smt001

23 Reviews

Wed May 08, 2013 9:07 pm
littleauthor says...

Name Luke Bines

Gender Male

Age18 (I will be evaluating you)

Current Faction Amity

Appearance Image Dark hair and grey eyes. He is tall and strong even though he doesn't look it. Also he has a black earring which he regrets

Personality Very kind. He doesn't really care about anything, but he loves to sing. Luke is a master tree climber so he is usually climbing one.

Brief History He was born in Dauntless but switched to Amity because he was never brave enough. He left his family with no regrets and now he is a Amity. A perfect one you might add. He has the perfect background and personality for it.

Up for love Sure he could always use a little distraction.

Other He is master with computers, though he will never be telling anyone this.
Last edited by littleauthor on Wed May 08, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Wed May 08, 2013 9:33 pm
cm57105 says...

Reserves Divergent Male
If you don't have a trophy case that spins into a secret room with a press of a button, then your an idiot.

Need a review? You've come to the right person.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&p=1143828#p1143828

Reviews: 0
Wed May 08, 2013 9:53 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Can I reserve a divergent male please?
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed May 08, 2013 10:08 pm
KingLucifer says...

Name Annamarie "Daredevil Tactician" Blanco

Gender Female

Age 17

Current Faction Dauntless

Personality Annamarie is known to be very aggressive in terms of actual thinking and fighting while keeping to a strategy in a situation earning the nickname "Daredevil Tactician" she is a Dauntless Transfer from Erudite and a Divergent, her results coming in at Erudite, Dauntless, and Candor. In just one year, Annamarie has made it in Dauntless as the head of the Security Team, and one of five leaders of Dauntless.

Appearance Annamarie is known to be very risky, she has five tattoos, going from her back hand to her shoulder on on her left arm, Erudite, Dauntless, Candor, Amity, and Abnegation. Not only does she have this, but she also has five rings on her right arm a color for each faction. Other than this, she wears the usual standard Dauntless attire. She has hard amber eyes, short curly black hair with gray stripe running though it, making her to show she has as much experience as she knows she has.

Brief History Annamarie was born in the Erudite faction, she was known to be incredibly bright with what she can do. She was even so far considered a genius among the Erudite, but came choosing day, she choose to transfer to Dauntless seeing that her life at Erudite was growing boring due to her Divergence. After initiation, she scored second highest out of her class, only someone else scoring first place.

Present Day: Annamarie works as the Head of Security, and secretly as the head of an army if she had ever to pick up a gun to go to war. as one of the five leaders of Dauntless, she represents the faction in poltical events and secretly she is also working to recruit the Divergent for some reason...

Up for love Sure, she is bisexual with a female lean.

Other Annamarie biggest fear is facing down the Judgement of Erudite by herself, being judged as "thinking she was to good" or other things of that nature.
Last edited by KingLucifer on Fri May 10, 2013 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

23 Reviews

Random avatar

Reviews: 30
Thu May 09, 2013 1:18 am
MissCaroline says...

Name: Chelsea Gavins

Current Faction: Amity

Appearance: Thin blonde hair with piercing green eyes. Freckled face. Shorter than most of the other girls. Almost always blushing.

Personality: Very soft-spoken, doesn't say much unless she is asked a question. Never really one to give her opinion. Overall, really sweet and shy.

Bit o' History: Left her family because she always was being put down. Growing up in an abusive household, she was quick to make her decision about leaving. Her family's constant put-downs have shaped her to be so insecure and soft-spoken.

Up for Love? Prefers to keep to herself. Too many insecurities to put herself out there.

Other: Loves to escape away and have time to herself, although she's always scolded for leaving the farm.

23 Reviews

Thu May 09, 2013 1:29 am
littleauthor says...

Okay we need some 16 year olds. I need someone to test! NO MORE 17 YEAR OLDS

Reviews: 0
Thu May 09, 2013 3:22 am
Desticakes101 says...

i'll be 16!
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

Reviews: 2
Thu May 09, 2013 4:18 am
REDDY2325 says...

Can I please join? I've already got my character description.
Name
Name-Aurora Spectrum
Gender- Female
Age-15 years old
Appearance- natural red hair with emerald green eyes. A little bit of freckles around the bridge of the nose and the cheeks. Cheeks are always a little rosy. A little short for her age.
Personality- She is always spunky and it's hard for her to focus and concentrate for a long time. Although she knows she knows when to shut-up. She is also really energetic. She's not very good at flirting with boys.....at all. She talks back a lot when she doesn't agree or doesn't like someone. But she also is a really trustworthy and nice friend.
Current Faction- Amity
Brief History-
All her family wants her to do is be peaceful and be kind and stop raising her voice. This is not her style and she doesn't want to be a mellow calm person. She wants to be a crazy wild fun-loving person. Her family discourages her and always think she is failure in the family.
Up for love?- She is up for anything but I must warn you, it will be a challenge.

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri May 10, 2013 12:09 am
wordsandwishes says...

Can I reserve a female spot please?^^

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri May 10, 2013 1:15 am
KatKage says...

Oh holy goodness, Divergent!!! O3O *Must Join!!!!!!!!! O3O*

Out of curiosity, . . . may I be a factionless who sneaks into one of the factions? >u> A 16 year old female, obviously X3 *could use her skills in sneaking to sneak in with some of the other initiates as they go to their new factions >u>*

*Would be divergent, obviously, but might not exactly know to keep it secret :3* it could make for some awesome plot >u>

(She'd most likely join with Dauntless X3)
I am a Leaf on the Wind,
Watch me Soar
~
Kyrie Eleison down the road that I must travel,
Kyrie Eleison through darkness of the night

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri May 10, 2013 1:21 am
Craz says...

Reserve a female spot for me please!
Last edited by Craz on Wed May 15, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

There has never been a sadness not cured by breakfast food.
— Ron, Parks & Rec