z

Young Writers Society

Divergent (Open)

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Thu May 30, 2013 12:23 am
cgirl1118 says...

Alyss Chan

I sit in my dorm room researching for something that I have to do for Dr. Walker. It was a top secret project and I was the only one picked to help. I smile, Ha! I'm the one picked my Dr. Walker, not anyone else!. I hear laughter at the door and it opens to see my room mate, Ida. The window on my computer quickly changes to something else. No one is supposed to know or else I might actually be killed. "Hey Alyss" she says slurring. She plops down on her bed, "Whatcha doin' now Alyss?' she says slurring again, probably drunk I think. "Nothing" I say innocently. Ida is not exactly the smartest person in the world and is only in Erudite because that's her original factor. I hear snoring and see that she's asleep. I can't risk her seeing what I'm doing so I decide to work outside.

The wind is whistling and it's as cold as an ice box. I pull my blue sweater closer toward me and push my glasses up. 10583.02719-018373/hdl/k.19393 I type the code in to access the more secret network. I hear a ping next to me, "Hello Alyss" says a woman's voice. "Ah Dr. Walker. I was just getting into the network" I say nervously. For some reason Dr. Walker always makes me nervous. "I see that. Anyway we need to talk, meet me in the staff labs now" she says this and then goes offline. I turn of my computer and go inside. It's much warmer in there, actually it's always the right temperature. With our updated technology the temperature is always just right. I walk down the hallways towar the lab, my heels clicking on the floor. click click
What is life without books?

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:13 am
Pencil2paper says...

Alethea "Allie" West

Hiding in the darkest alcove of the school library, I gather stacks upon stacks of books at my desk. If anyone saw me here, a Candor, they would know the truth. God, wouldn't that just seem hilarious. A Candor hiding things from everyone she's ever known. Wouldn't that be something to laugh at. Not to mention the fact that I knew, without a doubt, that I was going to lie to my parents about getting Candor. And, another thing I knew for sure was that I sure as hell wasn't going to be Dauntless. I don't even have the courage to tell them the truth. Hell, might not even be able to get to Erudite, I'll be so scare of what everyone will think back home.

Trying to squander these depreciating and depressing thoughts, I began to read. I had grabbed books ranging from theoretical physics to abnormal psychology. The only time I can find solace and comfort from the world around me and my riptide mind is when I read. Here I was living in Candor but Erudite to the core.

But my haven did not last for long.

"Hey, Erudite!" Martin, smarmy and truthful in the worst sense of the word, yelled, barging into the previously peaceful library.

It took me a while to realize that he was not, in fact, talking to one of the many Erudite scattered around the room, but in fact to me.

"Allie, hey! I was talkin' to ya!" Raising my head wearily from the book in my hands, A Brief History of Time by Stephen Hawking, I glared at him and his cronies behind him. They had made me the target of their torments since the third grade.

"You called a Erudite. Seeing as we're neighbors and I'm wearing these clothes, that would leave most people to assume that I am, in fact, Candor."

"Oh, shut up! That is the most Erudite thing I have ever heard. Besides, everyone knows that you're switching out. Might as well own up to it now, Erudite." he said, spitting the last word like it was utterly poisonous. His cronies laughed behind him stupidly. The scene closely resembled if Draco, Crab and Goyle had cornered Hermione. Interesting, how books can relate to real life if you pay attention to them.

Saved by an unknown voice across the library, I heard a woman call out, "Alethea West!"

Grabbing my books and bookbag, I walked quickly to the front of the library, where the voice of my savior originated. But as soon as I saw the face of my haven, it turned to hell.

Smiling, the woman said, "Are you ready for your test?"

Mouth dry, palms sweating, I could only manage a nod. No, certainly not Dauntless. My stomach churned as I followed her down the hall, and after many twists and turns, arrived at the testing room.

Entering the room, the woman said to me, "My name's Dr. Williams. I'll be testing you today. Please take a seat." Her voice was thin and reedy, as thin as she was. I sat carefully in the dentist-like chair while she hooked up wires and things to me. She stuck a needle in and gave me some serum. I couldn't understand what exactly she was saying, I was so zoned out in my fear of what was to come.

The next thing I knew, I was in the simulation.

One second I was in the room with Williams, the second after on the same bus that I ride to school each morning. Standing there, I see a man with a newspaper next to me. "Do you know this man?" the man asked, pointing to an image on the paper.

"No," I said, backing away a half a step. But I did know him. Even though I knew his man in he paper, I felt a sense of unease, even fear as I considered telling him the truth. Somehow, I knew that telling him the truth would be a very bad idea. It was only rational to lie.

And wit that, as quickly as I was plunged into the sim, I was pulled out, finding myself again in the room with Dr. Williams.

"You're Erudite." she said simply, then hurried me out of the room, saying that she was late for another appointment. Funny, how things work out. The same sim that proved without a doubt that I was no Candor also affirmed my allegiance with Erudite.

"Hey mom, hey dad!" I called, running upstairs to hide my books.

As I came back down, my parents were waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs.

"How'd it go?" my mom asked, dying to know.

"Candor." I said, plastering on my plastic grin.

"Thank God we beat that Erudite crap out of you when you were younger." my dad said, grinning.

My mom hugging me tightly, I grimaced over her shoulder. This was going to be worse than I thought.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:37 am
youngandclueless says...

Hello :) I really love Divergent and if you have an extra spot I hope you get the character that I made. But I just made this account so I'm not sure if I did it right.
Thanks!
"There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed."

-Ernest Hemingway

"Now I realize that there is no righteous path, it’s just people trying to do their best in a world where it is far too easy to do your worst."
— Castiel