Young Writers Society

Divergent (Open)

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed May 15, 2013 11:16 am
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Luke

Luke sat in his chair ignoring the screaming that was going on inside the other room. Soon the doors burst open and the guards pushed a blond girl in. Candor.

"Hi, I'm luke and I will be evaluating you today." Luke sad in his perfect voice. "You must be Alexa."

The girl shrugged and sat down in the chair. Luke leaned back to chair and brushed a couple stray pieces of hair out of his eyes. The girl wasn't speaking all she had was a glare on her face that soon turned into a smirk.

"Ready?" The girl shrugged in reply so Luke attached the electrons and put the fluids in. This time it was a bus scene. Alexa stood in front of a man with a news paper.

"Do you know this man?" The man asked. Alexa shook her head. "Are you sure."

"Dude, I don't know him so back off." Alexa said as the man stood. He reached for her but she instantly kicked him off.

That's all I need. Luke pulled her out of the simulation. She had a smirk on her face and she leaned back I the chair.

"Your dauntless." Luke said writing on his paper.

"Yes!" Excaped her mouth as she ran out of the room.

Crazy,
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed May 15, 2013 8:13 pm
Pencil2paper says...

Name Alethea (a-leth-ee-ah) "Allie" West
Gender Female
Age(15-17) 16
Current Faction Candor
Appearance Alethea has dark brown hair, almost black, and clear, light blue eyes the color of the sky on a cloudless day. She has fair skin with a sprinkling of freckles across her nose. She is about average in height, about 5'6". She wears her hair down most of the time and is always wearing glasses because of her poor eyesight. She wears the normal Candor garb of black pants and a white top, but her favorite color is blue.
Brief History Alethea was born into Candor by a couple who both came from a long line of Candors before them. She is the youngest in her family of four. Her older brothers and sister are all starting to become prominent members of Candor. But Alethea has always felt awkward in Candor. She likes to keep things private in her life. She doesn't even tell her family that she's interested in learning, reading and science. She's afraid of what her family will think when she becomes Erudite. She has been interested in books and writing since an early age, but she also learned to hide it as well, starting when her parents screamed at her for bringing home a stack of books home from the school library, claiming that the Erudite were stuck up and intellectual snobs. Ever since she has kept her secret hidden.
Up for love Sure.
Other Nope.
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

Reviews: 1
Wed May 15, 2013 9:28 pm
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Caitlin
Today was the day. My parents made it clear to my that they would not be selfish with me. They said that they would still love me after whatever choise I make. I pull my grey sweater tighter around me as I walk into school. As I walk down the hallway, some of the dauntless come running down the hallyway. I do my best to get out of the way, but that was not enough. I get tackled to the ground as laughter comes out of their mouths. "Get out of the way stiff." One of them calls as they run down the hallway.

I get up, brushing myself off. Why do people have to be like this, why can't we just get along? I walk into the lunch room and sit down at another table with some other abnegation. We do not talk about the simulation. Everyone looks a little nerves, so we avoid the subject. Dante sat with us for a while until his name was call. He had been my neighbor for as long as I could remember. "Caitlin." My friend says across the table. My mind wanders for what I thought was only a few moments. "Caitlin." She says a little louder.

I snap out of in and bring my attention to her. "Yes?" I ask her.

"Your name was called." She says. I look and find a man waiting for me.

I get up and walk over to him. "Oh, sorry." I say, walking with him
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Thu May 16, 2013 4:46 am
View Likes
Jadefox says...

Flynn Winsler-Aptitude Test

I laughed as I dealt out the cards to my fellow Amity companions, an attempt to make the situation lighter. I explained the rules of the card game, "rubbish."

"You see, it's really simple and you have to be able to bluff extremely well. The best part is you can always win against the Candor." I said and laid down the first card: the Ace of Hearts.

"Don't forget unfaithful traitors." Louise snickered, a small, pathetic stab at my past in the undetectable Amity way. I ignored the comment.

We went round and round laying card after card. Roaring with laughter every time a player sadly failed at keeping his bluff and had to gather the deck into his own hand of cards. Beneath the laughter and the livelihood of our game, there was an uneasiness and an uncertainty about what lay ahead for us all. We didn't discuss the test you couldn't prepare for or more commonly known as the "Aptitude Test" because we didn't know where to begin. No one that was any younger or barely sixteen years old had any idea what the test contained and required or even how it functioned. That was okay though. The easiness of the Amity lifestyle made it simple to forget your worries and maintain a peaceful mind.

Suddenly the room fell silent. My hand froze as I laid down my final card: a queen of hearts. The doors to the testing room opened and the administrators of the test called out the names.

"Flynn Winsler." I stood and received encouraging pats on the back from my buddies. I glanced at Luke Bines wishing I could have a familiar person administer my test, however that's against the rules. Instead I was greeted by a tattooed and pierced Dauntless woman. At least I thought it was a woman, but with the strong jaw and shaved head it was hard to tell until she told me her name. It was Reese. I always felt that Dauntless members were unkempt and didn't understand the perfect balance of structure and peace.

"Just relax. You will be induced into a simulation from which I will be able to tell your aptitude." Reese told me.

My hands shook slightly as she attatched electrodes to my head. I tried to focus on the double rings in her nose and the tattoo that laced her cheekbone. I will be Amity, that's who I am and I don't need a simulation to tell me that.

All at once I found myself in the cafeteria, where I had been only moments before with my friends. I was alone this time. In front of me was a wedge of cheese and a knife. I shuddered at the sight of the sharp blade. Choose, a voice commanded. My hand instantly wrapped around the cheese wedge.

The doors swung open and a dog growled from the doorway. I held the cheese out and breathed steadily. My eyes wearily opened and my muscles remained tense.

"Congrats for making it through your aptitude test, Flynn. You have received the aptitude for Amity." Reese said and handed me a glass of water.

A knot in my stomach that I hadn't realized was there unraveled. But as the knot untangled I felt my stomach tighten again. If I received the aptitude I expected, then why was I disappointed?
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

Reviews: 0
Thu May 16, 2013 5:33 am
View Likes
Desticakes101 says...

Dante

The knife felt heavy in my shaking sweaty hand and I almost wanted to pass out. I looked betweenthe bland gray stones and then the hot coals. I felt my parents watching me, their eyes were burning holes into my back. I felt like I've been lying to them this whole time. Betwen acting selfless, when I would truly want to do what was god for myself, and only myself. I hid it pretty well. My parents probably thought that they knew what was going to come out of my future. They probably thought that i'd drip my blood into the gray stones, finish off school, get married to our neighbor Caitlyn, have two kids, and live selflessely ever after.

I distantly hear my blood sizzle on the hot stones and then an undercurrent of voices. When I begin walking towards the smug looking black clothed group, I release a sigh of relief. I was truly never a good abnegation (I enjoyed looking out for myself to much), i'd be a horrible candor (I've been lying all of the time while with abnegation), being an erudite was practically unquestionable (I suck at school), and being an amity...just no. So the nearer I got to the dauntless the more I began to smile smugly myself. When I actually rached the group I was offered high fives from all around and heard constant mutterings of "So we get another stiffy...". To which I look confidently up to and state "Never again."
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

23 Reviews

Thu May 16, 2013 10:26 am
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Luke

Luke opened the door to a girl with blond hair. Abnegation. She quietly walked in and sat in the metal chair.

"I'm Luke and I will be evaluating you today." Luke said getting bored from doing this maybe 20 times before her. "Ready?"

Luke attached the electrons and tilted back Caitlin's head. He slowly pushed the liquid in and her eyes closed. Luke found him self looking at Caitlin in the large lunch room. A dog emerged from the 2 big doors and Caitlin grabbed for the cheese. She held it out in front of her, eyes closed, and Luke pulled her out of the simulation right before the dog jumped for the cheese.

Caitlin sat up breathing hard. Luke was scribbling things on his sheet and then took off the electrons.

"Okay, your Amity." Luke said smiling. Welcome.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri May 17, 2013 3:48 am
View Likes
Jadefox says...

Flynn Winsler-Choosing Day

The room was silent except for the uneasy inhales and exhales of the other 16-year olds. I would be near the end of the list to choose my future. I was told I was Amity. I belonged in Amity. But did they accept me for who I was and not for who my parents were? My hands tensed at the thought of my parents and I fought the urge to form fists. I searched the onlooking crowd of faction families for my Aunt Fiona. I couldn't leave her could I?

Aunt Fiona has watched over me and consoled me about the painful rebuke, no matter how "unnoticeable" I've received from Amity. She was the closest, no, the only family I had. But could I live in a faction that was supposedly peaceful, that pricked teasingly at one's past to their breaking point?

"Winsler, Flynn." My name was called and my legs lurched towards the bowls at the center of the room.

The knife dragged its way across my palm and the sharp sting relieved into the warm sensation of blood. I allowed the blood to pool in my cupped hand. Drips escaped through my fingers as I studied the bowls. Abnegation would be the easiest for me to escape to. Their peaceful ways would be easy to adapt to from Amity. The gray stones called gently to me. No. That's now who I was.

I could never be somebody I wasn't. I would be betraying my faction and Aunt Fiona. I splashed my blood into the soil of Amity and prayed they would accept me for Flynn not the Winsler name. I was Flynn. I was peaceful. I was Amity.
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

Reviews: 1
Sun May 19, 2013 2:22 am
View Likes
TaylorLove says...

Caitlin
Amity? Amity was the only thing that ran through while I was waiting for my name to be called. Never have I ever thought about choosing a different faction, until now. I never got a chance to think about myself because I was putting others before myself. Was peace what I wanted? I look over to the Amity and then to the Abnegation.

The deeper I dig into my thoughts the more I see the peace that I desire with in. My parents said they would love me no matter what I chose and that might be the only comfort I have in me right now. Just thinking about changing factions shows that I am not as selfless as I though I was.

"Caitlin Gordon." They call. My heart pound in my chest just as it did when I saw the dog in the test. I was up on to the stage and grab the knife. I look out into the crowd of people and in the back, I see my mom and dad. My mother gives me a smile and nods, as if she knows that I am not going to stay in Amity. My father smiles as well, and I can see a proud tear in his eye. I know that my parent love me because they want what is best for me and they will be happy in what ever I choose.

I look bag at the knife and drag it along my hand. I bite my bottom lip when I feel the sting. I look at the blood and drop it into the soil for Amity. With that single drop of blood, my life is going to change completly. I walk off the stage and stand with the members of my new faction. Their smiling faces welcome me and I greet them with one as well.
Sometimes the smallest things take up the most room in your heart
-Winnie the Pooh

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun May 19, 2013 9:07 pm
View Likes
JourneyGirl says...

Zoe Pond

I walk out of the Aptitude Test still shaking, I got the result of being Dauntless. I should be happy, I've been leaning towards Dauntless for a while now. But I'm afraid of what my parents will say, what they will do. Just this morning I had this same problem, I woke up and ate my breakfast silently, my 15 year old brother, Jeremy, giving me a sympathetic smile. He knows that I've been freaking out about this for a while. Lucky for him, he's not going to have this problem next year. He's known for years that he wants to be Erudite, while he won't tell my parents that now, he's so confident that he isn't even worried about how they'll react when he leaves, and I admire that about him.

I try to calm myself down as I walk home, but to almost no success. When I get home I head straight up the stairs, but only make it about half way before my parents stop me. "Zoe!" they call me into the family room where they sit. "Yes?" I try to put on a fake smile, but they can see right through it; this is why I could never stay Candor. "How did your Aptitude Test go?" My mother asks, even though she knows we're not supposed to discuss it. "Good." I tell her. "So you got Candor then! I told you we wouldn't have to worry about her betraying us like Troy and Julianne!" he tells my mother," I think we made it pretty clear to her that we wouldn't be pleased with that." I give a fake slight giggle as I back out of the room. Great. This is just great.

I head upstairs and finally make it to my room. I jump into bed and stay there until I hear the knock on the door. Jeremy comes in. "Hey," he says, when I don't respond, he continues, "So mom and dad said you got Candor and they're really relieved." He stares at me awkwardly. "I don't believe it for a second. What did you really get?!" "I'm not supposed to say. I didn't even tell them that I got Candor. They just assumed when I said the test was okay." I explain. "Come on I won't tell anyone." I give in, "Alright fine. I got Dauntless."
"I knew you didn't get Candor! Dauntless sounds more like you. Or Abnegation." I would never pick Abnegation. Not after being raised almost exactly like one. "What do you think mom and dad will say tomorrow?" I ask him. "Who cares? It's your life, your decision. It shouldn't even matter to them" But he knows it does and he must see the pain in my eyes because he gives me a hug then turns to leave. "You're going to make a great Dauntless," he says before leaving.

At dinner I sit in silence as usual. That is, until my mother looks at me. "What's the matter Zoe? You can't possibly be nervous about the Choosing Ceremony. You're going to have a wonderful rest of your life in Candor!" They really just don't get it do they? I shake my head numbly. Jeremy speaks up though, "I can't take this anymore! Don't you get t!? Shes not staying here with you! She's going to Dauntless!" " What?" my father says through gritted teeth. The rest of dinner everyone is silent, but afterwards, when I get up to go back to my room my father stops me. "We need to talk. Now." He leads me to the family room where my mother sits waiting for us. Jeremy enters but is sent upstairs.
"Is this true," my father asks, "Are you going to Dauntless?" I slowly nod. My mother hits me with her belt.
"I'm going to ask you again. Are you going to Dauntless?" I nod again, tears in my eyes. More abuse. This continues until I finally break. By this point I'm hysterical. "Are you going to Dauntless!?!" My father is screaming by this pint. "No!!" I scream, curling up on the floor. "No." "Good." my mother says firmly. "Now go to bed."

Somehow I manage to make it up the stairs. I enter my room and Jeremy is sitting on my bed. "You can't keep doing this. You have to go to Dauntless. They can't touch you there." He tries to make me reconsider. As much as I want to go to Dauntless I can't, but then again, this will just continue as a daily thing if I stay here.

When I wake up in the morning I don't even look my parents in the eye. When we make our way to the Choosing Ceremony, I stand with the other 16 year olds. While I wait for my name to be called I think about last night's events. I have to stay Candor or who knows what they'll do to me. But if I do stay here it will just get worse. I'm still torn when I hear my name. "Zoe Pond." I stand in the center of the room and a knife is handed to me. I'm shaking and I hope no one notices. I look through the crowd and see Jeremy, the encouragement in his eyes, and my parents, the forcefulness in theirs. I slide the edge of the knife along my skin and I start to bleed. I am about to approach the bowl for Candor when I notice a familiar face among the Amity, Julianne. She wears a look of concern, knowing what I am about to do. If she's here, then... I turn to where the Dauntless are seated, and sure enough, there is my brother. Troy, I haven't seen him in two years now, and he has gotten so muscular, more than before. He looks at me as if he is sending me a message, and I know what he is trying to say. "Don't do it. Don't sta in Candor. You'll never be happy," is what he would tell me. So I make my way to the Dauntless bowl and let my blood flow into the flames and hit the burning coal. Then I take my place standing with the others who chose Dauntless.

Troy Pond

It's the day of the Choosing Ceremony, of Zoe's Choosing Ceremony. I know that she must be having a tough time. Hopefully our parents haven't found out that she has even been considering leaving them because they would not take that lightly and Zoe would be in a whole new world of trouble. I make my way to the Choosing Ceremony to watch. Scanning the crowd, I see Julianne amongst the Amity. She must have been worried about Zoe too and came to see what she chose. When everyone else starts to arrive, I watch my parents enter with Zoe and Jeremy. They've grown up quite a bit in the last two years. Zoe stands with the 16 year olds, Jeremy sits with my parents and the other Candor. The look my father gives Zoe before she walks away says that they already know that she wants to leave and probably tried to stop her. Hopefully she'll still leave. I wish she could have gotten out of there sooner. She looks torn, from the time she first got here until now, as she stands in the center of the room. She starts to approach the Candor, but then stops. I realize that she has found Julianne, she turns around and scans the Dauntless, then finds me. We lock eyes for a moment. Don't do it. Don't stay in Candor. You'll never be happy. I think. I wish I could actually tell her, but the look she gives me says that she already knows. I then watch as she lets her blood flow into the Dauntless bowl of flaming coals and takes her place amongst the others who chose Dauntless behind me. I have never been so relieved. Looking at Julianne and Jeremy, neither have they. My parents look almost murderous, they are so fumed. I am so proud of her for finally getting herself out of there.
~Journeygirl

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue May 21, 2013 10:38 pm
View Likes
VampireSenshi says...

Cray

The day had come! Choosing day! I had been waiting for weeks, finally. In the council building where everyone gathered there were the pedestals where the of age would make their decision. It had only been a few years since I had been standing on the very same platform and already so much about me had changed. I sat up in the front of the Dauntless section with Annamarie next to the Dauntless born. Across the way where the Amity were seated I could just make out my mother and father. It was clear that they could see me as well, my mother had a sad look in her eyes when she made eye contact with me. To the right where the Erudite were seated I could see Erin seated proudly next to a tall man with a cunning look in his eyes. He hadn't really changed since I had seen him last, but he had new glasses. I imagined what it must be like to see the change that I'd been through by my parents and Erin.

There looked to be a few new Dauntless initiates, and a few of the Dauntless born that had transferred - in total we had 26 initiates. sixteen transfers and ten Dauntless born. A few stood out to me in particular. There was a girl that seemed to just appear among our transfers that was dressed in Amity clothing that seemed a bit dirty. Another was the Candor girl, Alex Rowe. Finally, the Abnegation born boy - Dante.

Once the ceremony had concluded, Annamarie, Troy and I rallied the initiates and walked them to the tracks.

"Alright! Looks like we have a hungry bunch of initiates this year!" Annamarie yelled.

"Are we on schedule?" Troy leaned over to whisper to me. I simply nod.

"So! Let's look over who we have!" Troy yelled, "Before our ride gets here!"

I stepped forward.

"Listen up! I will not tolerate any pansycakes or baby criers! We do things here like the Dauntless do things! If you can't hang, then you don't have to! Dauntless is about the survival of the fittest!"

"Looks like we got us a Stiff or two this year guys!" Troy yells. Dante shifts his weight.

"And a few Candor girls?" Troy questions.

"Looks like it!" I step closer the the blond girl, Alexa. She has a fierce look in her eyes, she growls. I laugh loudly.

"Blondie's a feisty one!"

The train is coming up on us. Annamarie stands at the head.

"Alright Initiates! We'll be jumping onto the train! Be lively because it will not stop for you!"

Almost all of the initiates seem to get the idea of jumping onto the train, but one misses the car that we jumped on and fell to the ground. He made quick work to get to his feet and run after the last car on the train to jump on but his footing is bad and he falls again and doesn't make it onto the train.

"What about that one?!" One of the transfers asks.

"Survival of the fittest. He wasn't fit, he didn't survive" Troy says solemnly. There's a silence among everyone. Annamarie stands in the front of the car and proceeds to explain all the specs about Dauntless. I've heard the speech before and really wasn't into listening to questions. So I looked out the car and watched as the rails rose over the city and all the buildings passed under us.

"We're coming up on the jump zone! Everyone get ready!" An Erudite transfer stands,

"Are you saying we're going to have to jump off this moving train onto the roof of a building?!" Annamarie waits, Troy gets up and jumps out onto a roof so he can meet us at the actual jump zone if the transfers need any catching. The Erudite boy is astonished.

"There is no way that I'm doing that, you can't make me." Another transfer, an Abnegation girl stood up as well.

"I'm not jumping either." I stood up next to the ledge,

"If you don't jump - then we're leaving you behind and you're Factionless." My tone was stern and harsh. They both sat down, not willing to move.

"Alright! Cray you stay with the pansycakes to make sure they jump! I'm gonna be the example." She leaps off the train onto the building. Several others follow her, Alexa has no trouble I see. The mystery Amity girl also has no trouble. The Stiff boy almost misses the edge but doesn't thanks to the swift arms of his transfer mates and also Troy. Three other initiates miss the edge entirely, falling to their deaths. So cries ring out.

"This is your last chance you two." I say softly. They both shake their heads in defiance.

"I'm sorry then..." I say, and then jump onto the building with Annamarie and the others, our now 10 transfers and 10 Dauntless born.

Once we were all situated on the top of the building, Annamarie stood on the ledge.

"Something that happens every year, for the initiation and every time you leave the compound afterward. Getting to the compound. The first two parts you've seen, the next is arguably the hardest. For transfers that is." A transfer girl raises her hand.

"Yes Transfer!" I say, Annamarie hides a smile.

"Are you telling us that we have to jump off a goddamn building?" The Dauntless born initiates just giggle.

"Your answer." Annamarie smiles, and falls back off the seven story building into the net below.

Troy begins to laugh and then cannonballs over the edge after her, his laughs are contagious. Although the transfers don't really laugh. I make a gesture to the ledge,

"The Daredevil Tactician and her lovely Sidekick, everyone." I take a stance by the ledge, looking to see if they had gotten out of the net.

"ALRIGHT! Who's gonna be our first jumper!" - silence. And then the mysterious girl in the Amity clothing steps forward.

"Shiny! Let's have you go first, daisy picker."

"The name's Kakki - and I'm no daisy picker." I was a little confused, because she didn't really have that Amity lilt that you'd expect. She vaults over the railing and falls into the net below.

"AND KAKKI IS THE FIRST JUMPER!" I yell with conviction.

The others came in rapid succession. Alexa had no problem. Dante went right after her, for an Abnegation he wasn't too squeamish about the task, he would do nicely.

After everyone jumped, I jumped down to meet them.

"Nice! Everyone follow Troy." Everyone follows him and she stays behind with my to make sure there are no stragglers.

"This is going to be so much fun." I giggle.

"You did a good job, nice tone. We're gonna get these in shape in no time." She pats my back and rests her hand and rests her hands on my shoulder. I turn my head so she doesn't see me blushing. I'd had a massive crush on her for a while, but why would I have told her - she was too busy being a badass Dauntless leader to notice usually plus I didn't think she'd really be into me.

She started walking and I followed suit.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed May 22, 2013 12:05 am
wordsandwishes says...

Alexa~The jump

Adrenaline shoots through me as I fall through the sky; The wind whipping through my hair. I can't help but let out a smile; This is what I live for.

It ends far too soon. I hit the bottom, and barely have time to catch my breath before I have to dart out the way of the next jumper. I push my mess of tangled hair out of my face and head over to wait with the other initiates. The dauntless born are all kinda grouped off to one side talking amongst themselves. The rest of us are just standing here, a few words are exchanged, but most of us remain silent. It doesn't take long for the rest of the initiates to land, then before I know it we're headed off down a dark corridor by another Dauntless guy; Troy.

It's dark, and uncomfortably warm with all of us packed so tightly together. I crane my neck to get a better look at what's ahead. I can't see very much, but there's light near the end of the corridor.

When we reach the end, the Dauntless born are lead down another hallway, and we step out into an open stairway with a waterfall cascading of the edge. Troy begins to list off what I can only assume are the rules and guidelines for initiation. I can barely hear him over the roar of the falls and I'm too preoccupied with scanning the rest of the place to listen. The walls are worn smooth with age, and I can pick out a few security cameras scattered among the shadows.

I turn back as the group begins to move down the stairway and I follow near the back. But on the way down I notice something at the bottom of the falls; It's a faded, and dark but unmistakably red. It looks like... blood. Did somebody jump? I turn back as an Amity girl catches a glimpse of the mark; She stares at it, wide eyed.

"Is that, blood?" She swallows nervously.

A Erudite boy comes up behind her. "Most likely, being Dauntless doesn't make you invincible you know." He waltzes off to the centre of the group; Obviously pleased with himself for some reason.

I roll my eyes and make a face at the Amity girl. "Erudite."

A small smile tugs at the corners of her mouth and we walk the rest of the tour in silence. When we finally reach the dorm I collapse onto the nearest bed and plunk my face into the pillow. "Dibsed it."

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu May 23, 2013 11:48 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Annamarie Blanco - Dauntless Compound

Life gets better and better, I stand there as people haul a dead body from the casem. Second one this week, Cray was just off to my side as I step back. Of all days for something like this to happen, it was today, why today with all the new initiates? I had an idea, but I'm hoping this isn't true.

"What do you think, suicide?" Cray asked, I barely hear her words.

"Always assume murder until proven otherwise," I replied.

The body is finally on the ground, and it had the face of someone I didn't want to see, Joselyn Fairchild. Ranked #4 in our initiation class.

"Oh my god, Joselyn," Cray said.

"Not who I wanted to see," I said.

Cray shook her head for her, but I somehow knew this was a message and if I was right, then it was only something to make me move faster than ever. I walked off towards the tunnels passing the Initiates Dorm Room, and was headed to my own room.

"Anna, wait up! where you going!?" Cray yelled after me.

"To do my job Cray." I said.

What job? I didn't get the security footage until tomorrow, there would be nothing for me to do right now besides go to my room and rest. Cray catching up just to prove a point in my thoughts, I felt her hand on my shoulder but do nothing to push it off.

"Don't you thinking your working a little, to hard? I mean for the last two months you've sat in your room reviewing security after security tape. Why not give it a rest, come get a tattoo with me or something?" she asked.

I looked away thinking, but my eyes were pulled back to hers, her eyes big and round, puppy dog even. She was so cute and adorable, I couldn't resist her like this.

"Fine," I said with a little irritation in my voice.

We walked to the Tattoo Parlor, I see Troy there, doing his usual thing as he just finishes up with another Dauntless member.

"Ladies, what can I do for you today?" Troy said with a big bright smile on his face.

"New tattoos of course," I said my mood lightening considerably.

"Alright, so what you want and where?" Troy asked.

I've been considering some new tattoos for a while now, enough to probably ink up my entire body though I'd be hesitate to show anything personal to Troy, but I did want three tattoos on my right hand.

"A black rose on my back right hand, a yellow floor on the palm of my right hand and and lips on my knuckles," I said.

"Lips on your knuckles?" Troy asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah, so the next person I fight, they'll be kissing my knuckles," I said with a grin.

"Careful Annamarie, the next person you fight might not mind getting a kiss from your fist then," Troy said jokingly.

"What are you getting Cray?" I asked.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sun May 26, 2013 11:27 pm
View Likes
JourneyGirl says...

Zoe Pond

After the Choosing Ceremony was over, all of the Dauntless, including us initiates ran. We ran down the stairs, out of the building and down to the railroad tracks. We were going to jump onto the train. I didn't see Troy, he was leading the group and I was towards the middle. The instructors, Troy and two women who look about 17, explain that we're going to be jumping onto the train. The instructors and a couple of initiates jump on and I start running. I swallow hard, close my eyes, and jump on. Not a lot of the initiates are in the car yet. I still can't get a word with Troy, he's helping initiates into the car. We're not on the train long when we jump off, onto the roof of a building. I let a few people off first before jumping off and landing on my feet, but as I land I stumble, Troy steadies me. I still can't talk to him though, he has to make sure other initiates don't fall off. After everyone's on the roof, we watch one of the women fall backwards off the building. Troy cannonballs off after her, making my heart stop. My brother just jumped off of a building! "The daredevil tactician and her lovely sidekick everyone!" The other instructor yelled with a laugh. Sidekick? That girl looks younger then Troy. Whatever, they're obviously friends so I can't wait to meet her. Then, one by one, we all jump off the building as well. I'm one of the first few to go, my heart pounding. It's such a thrill. When I land, I am caught by a net and Troy helps me out of it with a smile. After everyone is down, we are lead to our dorm. I try to stay near the front of the group so I'll be by Troy. When we get into the dorm I make my way over to the back of the room and take the top bunk farthest from the door, so maybe people will leave me alone. "I'm one of your instructors, Troy," Troy announces, "If you need me while we're not training, I'll be in the tattoo parlor where I work. Your other two instructors, Annamarie and Cray, they'll be somewhere around the compound." With that he leaves.

I hang out in the dorm for a while but then I decide to go find the tattoo parlor. I could really get lost in the Dauntless compound, and I do for a few minutes, but I eventually find the tattoo parlor. When I walk in, Troy is just finishing up a tattoo on either Annamarie or Cray while the other one waits nearby. After he finishes I walk over to him. "Troy!" I smile as I enter the room. I haven't seen him in two long years. He smiles too. Annamarie and Cray are confused. They know I'm an initiate, but I guess Troy didn't tell them that we're related.

Troy Pond

Annamarie, Cray, and I lead the initiates to the train tracks and jump onto the train, the initiates following. When we reach the roof of the building, I jump off first so I can catch any initiates that might fall. Most of them need steadying, even Zoe. Soon. Soon we'll be at the compound and I see her, more than just a second, and we can catch up. Once everyone is here, Annamarie falls backwards right off the building. I know what she's doing, she's showing the initiates what their next challenge is. I laugh, give Zoe a little smile and cannonball off after her. The initiates come down one by one not soon after. I help them all out of the net and when they are all down here, I lead the transfer initiates to their dorm and list the rules of initiation on the way even though I know they're probably not listening. I drop them off in the dorm and tell them to come to the tattoo parlor if they need me after training. After that I head down to the tattoo parlor. Not long after, Annamarie and Cray enter.

"Ladies, what can I do for you today?" I ask with a smile. They were in the first group of initiates I trained, last year, and we've been friends since. This year we are all training the initiates.

"New tattoos of course," Annamarie answers.

"Okay so what do you want and where?" I ask.

"A black rose on my back right hand, a yellow floor on the palm of my right hand, and lips on my knuckles," she answers.

"Lips on your knuckles?" I ask. That's an interesting request.

"Yeah, so the next person I fight, they'll be kissing my knuckles," she said proudly.

"Careful Annamarie, the next person you fight might not mind getting a kiss from your fist then," I said with a laugh.

Then she sat down and I started on her tattoos. We make a bit of small talk while I work and Cray tries to figure out what she wants. Just as I was finishing up, Annamarie stares at the doorway. I stay focused on her hand.

"What is it?" I ask.

"One of the initiates." She says.

With that I finish. I stand and see a familiar face. It's not just one of the initiates, it's Zoe. A smile finds it's way to my face.

"Troy!" she runs towards me with a smile.

Cray and Annamarie look slightly confused.

"Zoe!" As she approaches we hug.

I look at Annamarie and Cray, who is standing behind her.

"This is my sister Zoe, she's one of the initiates from Candor. Zoe, this is Annamarie and Cray, you're other two instructors."
~Journeygirl

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Wed May 29, 2013 9:26 pm
cgirl1118 says...

OMG!! I totally love this series!

Name: Alyss Chan
Age(15-17): 17
Current Faction: Erudite
Appearance: I have long black hair that's always in a bun. I wear blue glasses, without it I'm blind.
Brief History: I was originally in Amity but I was always the girl who read all the books and got everything right on tests. Everyone knew I was going to move to Erudite. The day before I left my parents pleaded me not to go. On the outside I knew I shouldn't leave my parents but I just wasn't fit for Amity.
Up for love: um...no
What is life without books?

23 Reviews

Wed May 29, 2013 9:49 pm
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Luke Bines

Luke lead the new and old Amity kids to the trucks. He leaned into the drivers seat and started up the car. The kids piled into the back of the car and most hung their legs over the sides of the truck.

"Okay guys, We will be at the Amity compound in 40 minutes max." Luke said walking around to the back to the drivers seat. Some of the old kids started singing and clapping and soon the in tire group was into it. Luke smiled and tapped his foot to the beat.

The roads soon became bumping and uneven, but he kept on going along. The kids laughed every time he hit a big bump and someone almost went flying out of the truck. Farms came into views and the old Amity kids pointed out their farms and their homes as the rows of wheat and corn started to thin out. They pulled into a pig opening and the kids pilled out.

"Ready to have a look around?" Luke asked shutting off the car and running around to the kids. He had noticed most of them had frowns or dried tears of their faced. "Come on guys, its great here, I promise. I switched and I have never regretted it a day in my life."

That got some of the kids smiling as the others grew even bigger ones. Luke sent them off to their leaders and I went off to the main office. Then Luke turned in his papers and picked up an apple from the counter.

"Luke were the kids okay?" Luke's best friend Katie yelled from behind the counter. Her blond head whipped up and her long perfect curls went with it. Luke smiled and nodded giving her a hug. She hugged him back and she ran off to her group only now realizing she was late. Luke returned to my group of kids that already had lived in Amity.

"You guys ready to say hi to your parents?" Luke asked clapping my hands. They nodded and ran off towards their moms and dad giving them a hug and reassuring them that they were still loyal. Luke's parents never came on visiting day, but he wasn't expecting them to. He kept smiling and just waited and wondered how his parents were doing now.

"Life, although it may only be an accumulation of anguish, is dear to me, and I will defend it."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein