z

Young Writers Society

The Dominion (Started)

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:11 pm
Craz says...

I was going to make this into a story, but I thought I should try it as a storybook first.

The Plot:

Spoiler! :
The Dominion had existed for as long as anyone could remember. It ruled its streets and guarded its citizens and kept everyone locked tight from the mysteries of the outside world. It had existed for so long in fact, that no one knows what is outside its thick cement walls called the Ward and why their children are stolen in the middle of the night to fight on the Ward.

The Wardens, those who have chosen to defend the walls out of free will, break into houses and take people on the middle of each month when they have turned seventeen, which in the eyes of the Dominion turns you officially into a Citizen. Those who are taken are branded as Anomalies, but the kidnapping isn't random. It is said that the Dominion watches each child as they grow for signs of being an Anomaly, who are people gifted with a power that is unnatural. Those who are an Anomaly are put on the front lines of the battlegrounds, and never see the faces of their family again.

The Anomalies are grouped together in pairs of six to ten, sometimes with Wardens. Tensions between the Anomalies and Wardens are high, and for that matter it is rare to find them socializing together. An Anomaly can have any one gift, from shocking enemies to setting things on fire. Anomalies never know if they are an Anomaly or not before that because their gift doesn't begin to manifest until teen years, and very few have had suspicions about it. Something about using their gift makes their physical health slowly but surely improve the more they use their gift, and their physical features begin to become more attractive.

The Problem:

Spoiler! :
Outside the Wards is a thick forest filled with monstrous plants and animals. Its trees are thicker than a house, and slick black creatures that scuttle in the night would have anything as a midnight snack. But that isn't the problem; the problem are the Rogues.

Rogues are people that have witnessed the wrongs and horrors of the Dominion. They are people that have tried to fight and riot the streets and tried to call a revolt, only to be tossed outside of the Wards and left to die. But there have been people that have been supplying them with guns and ammunition, and the fight continues from the outside. The harsh climate had left the Rogues misshapen and barbaric, sometimes even being mistaken for the animals. The children that were born in the Rogue camps are often animal like and bellicose, and hate the Dominion with every fiber of their being.

But what would make people hate the Dominion so much to the point of sacrificing their lives?

The Districts:

Spoiler! :
District 1: This district is nicknamed the ruins. No one knows how it got that way, only that anyone that gets on the Dominion's bad side is sent there. Only the rebels and mass murderers are kicked out. Remember that no one knows what goes on outside, so the Dominion tells anyone that is related to someone who is a rebel that they were sent here. It is a bombed and broken down collection of cities, and food is dumped in the square in truck loads once a week. People live wherever they want, and every Anomaly that is born here is killed. The Dominion does not allow any Wardens to be from here to limit the amount of rebellion as much as possible.

District 2: This district is the farming district. Almost every amount of food is grown here, and the soil is a moist rich brown. A small portion of the river runs through the edge.

District 3: This is the fishing district. The river runs directly through it, and large lakes and swamps are dotted all over the land. Most towns live next to water, and there is only one bridge that runs to the other side of the river, and the only other way to cross is to pay for a boat.

District 4: This is the industry district. All metals are mined and all technology is crafted here. The sky is normally a dark haze, and everyone lives in squat buildings next to the factories. Stores are normally abundant here and only the families that own the factories are rich.

District 5: This is the mountain and lumber district. Trees stretch as far as the eye can see and mountains kiss the sky with snow capped heads. Deer dance on the mountains, and people here can live in little clusters out in the middle of nowhere where their family members can go out and chop down wood.

The Capital: Only the important people live here. People that work for the government live in prosperity and are extremely sheltered from misfortune, and their children go to the best schools and live a long life. Health care is great, and most people look down on the districts in some way, especially Anomalies. Trains run around the clock here.

The Profile:

Spoiler! :
Name:

District:

(Warden, Anomaly, or Rogue):

Appearance (picture accepted but please description):

History:

If an Anomaly, your gift:

Up for Love:

Other:

The Spots:

Spoiler! :
1. Athena Macon ~ crazycraz
2. Kixx Flight ~ Danceingtreeelf
3. Melvin Saunders ~ Noelle
4. Bettina Cas ~ Danceingtreeelf
5. Jolie Adler ~ Desticakes101
6. Jackson Kro'Gath~Aquestioning
7. Fang Nightrebel ~ pegasusgirl2
8. Zia Morningstar ~ janika
9. ~ Sylverdawn
10. jon7670 ~ Drew Behrens
11. Tara Westerfeld ~ Penciltopaper
12. Casey Jonas ~ Littleauthor
Like always, will add more if someone wants to join.

The Rules:

Spoiler! :
1. NO godmodding. Its annoying.
2. This is a crazycrat; I have ultimate say.
3. Cussing allowed, no F-Bombs, and no sex
4. Read the posts before you. If your post does not make sense to the previous posts, I will call you out.
5. Be active. I don't want this SB to die and I don't want to be the only one to move things along.
6. Put effort into your posts instead of writing like, "Jimmy said hi. Jimmy walked around. Jimmy smiled."
7. Don't kill off characters without permission.
8. DON'T be a Mary Sue. Not everyone will love you.
9. Lastly, have fun.

The Extra Info:

Spoiler! :
There are no cars, only trains. The main trains run from town to town and district to district, while the town trains (basically trolleys) run around a town. Town trains are only in towns that are big enough, and the smaller ones have people walk. The main trains are your typical trains, and only the first three trailers are for people while the rest are for cargo. Both types of trains run on a schedule, and the only train that runs at night (outside of the Capital) is the Warden train that on top of transporting Wardens to and from the Wards also transports the Anomalies to the Wards. There are roads, but they are only for the Warden trucks that patrol the districts for troublemakers and people that break the curfew. The curfew was originally made to keep from people from seeing the people being taken off at night.

No Warden is allowed to speak what is outside of the Wards or of anything they saw on duty. No one will be from District 1, but it would be okay to know someone that was sent there. It is extremely rare for someone to leave their district, and everyone will basically know everyone else from scratch. I want as less people as possible to be a Rogue, simply for the fact that there wouldn't be much of any interaction until we are a good bit through the beginning. Although it is perfectly fine if someone wants to be a Rogue as a main or side character if that is what you want to be.

There is a section leader and a supervisor of each group. A section leader will be the one to take charge of the group in the field, and would be someone that already has experience. A supervisor (late 20 to 50 years old) would be someone that has a lot of experience and knowledge, and would oversee the group but would not be in the field. This person would receive updates from the section leader and would give them supplies. I have an idea for the supervisor, but if anyone would like to be that then please message me.

All Anomalies learn on the field and it is up to the section leader to over go their training, and that is why they never live long. New Wardens are given some training that is mixed in with the field. Also, I will probably end up adding extra stuff that I forgot in here later on.

The DT:

viewtopic.php?f=200&t=97767
Last edited by Craz on Thu May 09, 2013 2:53 am, edited 13 times in total.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Thu May 02, 2013 10:56 am
Noelle says...

Can I save a spot for an Anomaly please? Will get my profile up soon
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

77 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2013 11:13 am
Craz says...

Sure.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu May 02, 2013 11:26 am
Danceingtreeelf says...

Name: Bettina Cas

District: 5

(Warden, Anomaly, or Rogue): Anomaly

Appearance: she is 5' 10" with short light yellow or flaxin hair.She has grey eyes and is missing a finger from an childhood accident.she is mostly seen flying through the trees and across the mountain side.http://yurigetgirl.deviantart.com/art/Request-for-Angel-Hearted-Being-280747324?q=gallery%3Ayurigetgirl&qo=3( what she looks like)

History: Has only a grandmother that was nothing important.Never knew her mother and father due to a logging accident,she was at one point a trouble child but grew up when her grandmother got sick.She ran away from home when she found that if she concentrated hard enough she could take a persons will away from them and use them like puppets.She will not use her gift to harm but help, she hates it.

If an Anomaly, your gift: Turn other beings in to he puppets.She learned that she could take there will when she became very mad at the logging site overseer,snatching him from his platform without touching him.

Up for Love:why not

Other:she doesn't like plumbs.
Last edited by Danceingtreeelf on Sat May 04, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons....

other times we just struggle.....

The only stupid questions are the ones unasked.

I'm afraid you've gone mad, but I'll let you in on a secret, all the best people are.

Reviews: 0
Sat May 04, 2013 1:08 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Name: Jolie Adler (Her nickname is usually just Jo or JoJo)

District: District 5

Appearance (picture accepted but please description): Jolie is quite beautiful by Capitol terms but in district 5 she is just seen as too feminine and practically a waste of space. Jolie is 5'3 and pretty petite. She has a gorgeous figure, but since District 5 either wants people slim enough to climb really high trees or strong enough to chop them down, she's practically useless to everyone. Her skin is one shade darker then caramel which pretty uncommon compared to the mainly olive skinned and tanned District members. Her hair comes down to her shoulders and is really really curly. Its main color is mahogany but since she's in the sun all of the time her hair now has golden highlights all over. Her eyes are a light forest green and really compliment her skin. She usually just tends to wear loose pants and tunics and usually doesn't try to flaunt her body all that much unless she is trying to impress a guy.

History: Jolie has both of her parents and one younger sister and an older brother. It was never an issue that she was a middle child because her parents were always good at spreading the love. She grew up always very close to her mom and after her sister, Lily, was born Jolie was like a second mother to her at 8 years old. Her brother had always been calm and withdrawn but was always very protective of his family. Though Jolie wasn't very popular with most of the adults in district 5, she was always well liked at school, and home, for her spunkiness but over riding positive attitude.

Personality: Jolie is an overall good person. She does things with the best of intentions and always want to help the person next to her. But even considering that, if she believes that whats best is to kill you, she won't hold an ounce of guilt. She has problems with her anger also. Its very hard to get Jolie angry, but when it happens, she's a force to be reckoned with. When angry she just completely stops caring, and only see's red. She also has a bit of sadism in her, so she's never above torture. But again, that only happens when she's angry.

If an Anomaly, your gift: Jolie has the power to shapeshift into any person or animal. When she turns, she has the mind body and soul of that person, yet still has her own mind. She's able to get their memories, emotions, strengths and weaknesses (including the powers of whoever she's changed into). The longest she's ever been able to shapeshift into anything was two hours. But thats improving everyday, the more that she practices. Yet, she's beginning to notice that each time she shifts she gets sicker and sicker. It's usually just a cough or sneeze, but it's getting worse each time she uses her power.

Up for Love: Definitely

Other: Jolie usually feels close to whoever she has become when she shapeshifts, and sometimes finds it hard to fight or kill them when the time comes. Also, she began sleeping with a warden after he found out that she had powers. Inwardly she hates him to death, but she doesn't want to leave her family, so she continues sleeping with him to make sure that he keeps quiet.

(Picture I found in google is in the DT)
Last edited by Desticakes101 on Sun May 05, 2013 12:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

77 Reviews

Sat May 04, 2013 2:29 pm
Craz says...

@Desticakes101, can you possibly put in some weaknesses or faults for your character? Her power sounds a little like godmodding. Maybe put that when she uses her gift she gets weak or sick or she is glitchy when she shapeshifts.

Reviews: 0
Sun May 05, 2013 12:48 am
Desticakes101 says...

No problemo boss!
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun May 05, 2013 1:02 am
Omni says...

JOINing...
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun May 05, 2013 1:08 am
AlmondEyes says...

Working on profile right now.....
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun May 05, 2013 2:44 am
View Likes
Rurouni says...

Name: Fang Nightrebel

District: 5

Appearance (picture accepted but please description): Fang is a dark guy, black clothes and hair, and eyes, wears a locket necklace, has a few scars on left cheek, likes them touched. http://kaiencrosss2.deviantart.com/art/fang-322022012

History: Orphaned early on, Fang has learned to care for himself, he doesn't usually let others help him. He had an adoptive mother and father, his adoptive mother died when he was sixteen.

If an Anomaly, your gift: Wings. Black in color, and 13 feet wingspan. http://animegirl10129.deviantart.com/ar ... -175385476

Up for Love: Of course.

Other: Hates having his wings shown.
Cookies!

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Sun May 05, 2013 5:01 am
AlmondEyes says...

Not quite finished yet.

Section Leader

Name: Zia Morningstar

District: District 5

Appearance (picture accepted but please description): Tall and built, she stands six feet tall. Olive toned skin and long dark auburn hair with startling bright ash grey eyes. She has a scar cuts diagonally across the stomach from a brawl she got into a few years back and another one straight down her left eye, but they don't take away from her looks, they just add a hard edge to her.

History: Zia lost her her parents when she was young. They were robbed and murdered one night on their way home. She didn't have any other family to live with, so she had to learn how to take care of herself.

If an Anomaly, your gift: She can alter a person's thoughts and perceptions of reality anyway she could choose. They don't actually know what her gift is, so there isn't really much they can about it. She learned early on to keep her to herself about her ability, and doesn't even know how they caught on to her. She hardly ever uses it, so she's not really much of a threat unless you mess with anyone she cares about.

Up for Love: Yes. Straight

Other:
Last edited by AlmondEyes on Thu May 09, 2013 2:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

77 Reviews

Sun May 05, 2013 2:29 pm
Craz says...

Was about to give up on this SB.
Okay, we need some more people that are NOT from district 5. (Feel free to make more profiles if you want to- I can have two groups join together :))

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sun May 05, 2013 2:41 pm
Noelle says...

Spoiler! :
This isn't finished yet (obviously), but I wanted to at least get it up. Will finish by the end of the day!

Name: Melvin Saunders

District: District 3

(Warden, Anomaly, or Rogue):

Appearance (picture accepted but please description): he's a stocky guy, big for his age. He has brown hair and brown eyes. His skin is really tan and stays that way almost all year round. He always keeps his hair in a crew cut and never lets it grow out too long.

History:

If an Anomaly, your gift: power over water

Up for Love: nope

Other:
Last edited by Noelle on Sun May 05, 2013 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

77 Reviews

Sun May 05, 2013 2:50 pm
Craz says...

@Noelle, your character needs to be at least 17.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Mon May 06, 2013 1:20 am
Pencil2paper says...

Mind if I save a spot for a female anomaly from district 4?
"Look out! He's got a daisy!"
- Making Money by Terry Pratchett

Chuck Norris- worshiping gnomes, undead pandas, pet chupacabras and undead Keanu Reeves-what could possibly go wrong?

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix