z

Young Writers Society

Welcome to Camp Half-Blood (Started/ Still Accepting)

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:48 pm
TrinaleeHatch says...

Name: Natahni

Parents: Athena, Jalo

Appearance: Gorgeous, navajo, brunet/hair to waist, she is six feet three inches tall, athletic

Personality: intelligent to the point of annoyance, serious, active, mysterious.

Brief History: born on the reservation, ran away when she was 8. Natahni got to camp a year later and has been at camp for 7 years. she always has a battle plan. she is the best artist at camp. she has an amazing voice, and a small temper.

Favorite Weapon: Magical Item

Magical Item: a 2 foot celestial bronze rod. when she shakes it a wickedly sharp ribbon of celestial bronze is shot from the end, making a ribbon stick of death.

Up for Love?: absolutely, she may be a little on the stiff side when it comes to romance, but will try my hardest (weather she likes it or not) to have her fall in love this summer!

sooooooo sorry i think i put this in the rong place......oops :?

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:13 pm
View Likes
Wonder says...

(Yeah...I think once the story has started, you're supposed to post in the Discussion Topic. I made the same mistake in this SB too. >.<)
Even though the girl smiles and laughs doesn't mean that she isn't dead inside.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:20 pm
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Gemini - Capture the Flag

I descended from the sky but my feet never touch the ground, instead I fly along the ground and lock onto the nearest crowd. Reds and and blues fighting each other, I go after the nearest guy. I slam my foot straight into the first guy, sending him to the ground, the second one a girl. Buff like Lexi, takes notice and swings her sword at me. I block it with my blade and push her off, and then slam my fist into her armor covered chest. Sending a powerful volt straight though her armor and into her body, she sent to the ground. I dived head long into the crowd and begun fighting, my body took over as I fought. As I fought taking on each of the campers, my mind going back as I remembered a happier time. When I first met Lexi and Abri, five years ago.

I was training hard in the arena, at the time I didn't have the Blade of the Juggernauts. I had a simple bronze short sword, and I was hacking and slashing away at the straw dummies that were set up for me. I had carved though five or six at the time, and was working on my seventh. After I finally carved though the seventh, I took a break. I felt sweat dripping off of me, my shirt was wet and clinging to me from the intense work out that it was not attuned to.

"Chiron was right, she is a fighter!" I heard a giggle from my left.

I turned and saw two girls, one was muscular, fit, ready for battle. The other was a girl I would have been jealous of, given if I was normal. She had the most perfect hair, her body was fully developed to that of a woman's but, her attitude, was that of a teenagers or little girls. I breathed deeply, taking in why these two girls were here.

"Yeah? and who the hell are you two?" I asked still breathing heavily.

The muscled girl stepped forward crossing her arms over her chest, her eyes sizing me up like I'm her next opponent.

"I'm Alexis, Daughter of Ares, but everyone calls me Lexi though. This is Abri, she's the Daughter of Aphrodite." She said waving her hand to herself and Abri.

I look at the two suspiciously, "Gemini, Daughter of Zeus, and why are you here?" I asked.

"Chiron sent us to be your friends, you seemed lonely anyway just fighting out here on your own and what not," Abri said.

I walk over the final straw dummy that was left standing, and stick my sword into it's chest. I watch from out of the corner of my eye to see reactions, but nothing happens. I breath deeply.

"I don't make 'friends'" I said with a touch of anger in my tone.

"Of course you don't, none of us do, easily at least." Abri said.

"Yeah, and why not?" I asked turning around to face them.

"Well, Lexi is much more aggressive than most of the Ares cabin, and me, I don't know why they don't like me." Abri said.

"Maybe it's because you managed to out talk most of the Aphrodite cabin?" Lexi said sarcastically.

"Well yeah, and you Gemini, don't have any siblings to keep you company, and none from the other cabins either." Abri said.

"Thankfully," I replied.

I'm pulled out of my memory by the sudden fall of rain tapping on my head, I see it's starting to rain. The crowd I had been attacking was backing away as I had already left six people on the ground, at first the rain was light, but then it picked up and it was pouring hard as I heard lightning boom in the distance. I raise my free hand over my opposite shoulder and swing hard as lightning cracks and forces the crowd further away from me.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:39 am
View Likes
Dragonette says...

Daemon : Dionysus

As I stared at the boy's dead body, I was so full of terror and shock that I was unable to move. I sat there, dry eyes and heavy limbs, rain pelting from above. Most days I would scoff at the cliché-ness of it, but right now I was numb and unaware of it as it rolled down my body.

There was a voice calling out a name in the foggy distance -"Adrian!"- and suddenly a blond girl rushed beside me and I felt cold metal roughly jabbed under my chin and I woke out of my haze. Harlow's dangerous green eyes burned into mine. "What. Did. You. Do!" she said through gritted teeth. Warm blood mixed with the cold rain and drenched my shirt collar as her blade bit harder at my neck.

At that moment two more people rushed in and I heard my name get called. The pressure of Harlow's sword slackened a bit and I was able to turn and see Ben searching Adrian's body for the damage. "Ben, I- he- we were- it was an acciden-" I tried to get out.

"It doesn't matter now, we need to get this kid out of here, now," he said; then he started listing off plants to the girl at his side. When she left, Harlow's attention turned back to me and I was again pressed down with a blade at my throat.

If Ben was sending for healing plants, that must mean that there was some hope of life. I wanted to ask him, but the sword pointed at my adam's apple made it hard for me to even swallow.

In moments the girl returned and everyone was silent as Ben worked. After a few moments of nothing but rain pattering on the forest floor, he finally spoke. "He'll live." Harlow and I let out the breath that we had been holding. She left me and rush to her brother's side and I -with the blade gone- followed. He still looked dead to me, limp and pale. I held my cold, wet fingers to his wrist but still couldn't feel the pulse. "He's alive, Daemon," Ben reassured me when seeing my doubtful face. "But he needs to get help as soon as possible," he added as he helped drape him around my shoulder. Harlow rushed to his other side, probably not trusting me with her brother. Guess I didn't blame her. Honestly I was relieved that she did, I could barely carry his armored-down weight, especially with my bruise-covered body and the gash across my shoulder, which was starting to burn like hell.

Finally we got out of the woods and made our way to the Athena cabin. Its brick walls seemed to loam over me and the stone owl guarding the door frame seemed to glare at me as we stepped inside. I had never been inside the Athena cabin and I would have been impressed if I were paying attention. It was organized chaos; blue lights signified advanced technology, papers were scattered everywhere and books littered mahogany book shelves. We dragged Adrian's body over to his bed which was in a neat cubby in-between a window and a desk scattered with legos.

After dropping off his body on the bed, Harlow stayed to make him comfortable and I wandered over to the window to stare out at the grey wetness. It suddenly clicked in the back of my mind that we weren't supposed to get storms in Camp Half-blood.

As I pulled out a Monster, I heard Harlow come up behind me. "What the hell happened." Her words were laced with warning and danger. I ignore her and popped open my drink. I then drained it and a couple awkward seconds went by as nothing but me gulping my soda could be heard in the still cabin. After I had cleaned the can, I crushed it in my hand, sending all of my frustration in the grip.

Not feeling high enough, I ripped out another one, opened it, and pressed it to my mouth. Harlow stormed over to me and, with an angry blow, smacked the can out of my hand and across the room; disgust mixed with hatred emanated from her.

"F**K!" I blew up as everything in me snapped. "Gods, you think I meant to do this to your brother! Isn't that the point of this damn game anyway? ISN'T IT?! This place is so screwed up!" I was screaming at her, probably spitting. Hot tears stung my eyes.

Flashes of horror images screamed through my head. There was a snapshot of every one of my little siblings' dead bodies, torn from the beast I had failed to defeat in time. There was my mom's body, her skin sunken in her bones as she lay lifeless in her dirty, cheep mattress. And the girl from my gang that died on the night I got kicked out, after another monster had attacked us. And now Adrian joined them in the projector film. I clutched my head and crumpled to the dark floor, moaning in agony. I was hardly conscious of the world around me, feeling only the hard, wooden floor tipping like theTitanic. The dark air was foggy and swirling. Maybe this is what Adrian had felt like, maybe I deserved this.

The last thing I was aware of, was the sound of horse hooves rattling in my ear.

Spoiler! :
Um, sorry about the f-bomb, it just didn't feel like it would do it justice to leave it out.
So basically, Daemon is medically ok, he's just paranoid and the kid has gone through A LOT in his life, so his poor Dionysus-twisted mind snapped and he had a... well, I'm not sure if you'd call it an anxiety attack... But anyway, the plan is that Chiron will take him and Adrian to the camp infirmary where Daemon will hopefully wake up the next day. I thought this was a good way to prolong Gemini's discovery of his power, cause I want him to sttaaaaaayy :( So this way, nobody knows what happened still. I'll probably have Chiron know what went on, but besides that, it's a mystery. And Daemon definitely isn't going to talk about it (except maybe to his "bestie", Maya :wink: ) And of course everyone is curious about it because Daemon is covered in cuts and bruises and yet Adrian is the one laying in a coma without a scratch on his body.
Mwahaha I'm just excited guys! X)
Last edited by Dragonette on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:58 pm
View Likes
Jony says...

This is pretty long so I placed it in spoilers so you only have to read one section at a time.

Ben Richard- Son Of Apollo- Capture The Flag- Red Team

Spoiler! :
I watched as streams of light collided with the dark clouds overhead. Rivers of water pouring down my face and the lightning in the sky streaking across the forest. It was chaos as I saw everything unravel almost in slow motion. From the moment Laila and Alex charged the blue team flag to Rand unloading crystal like arrows of light into the cold, bleak, stormy sky. All of this unraveled to return me to the present, the present where I could do nothing but stand there and stare.

I felt angry at myself, everyone was fighting as if their lives depended on it, yet I was scared. Scared of pain, scared of rejection, scared of myself. But as I stood there in the pouring rain and flashing lightning, mixed with Rand's bright arrows, the chaos of fighting and screams, I realized that everyone was scared of something and I just needed face my fears head on.

I started to feel angry at my fears, I felt angry at myself and my cowardliness. And I let those fears and angers fuel me. I felt every frustration and fear build up in the pit of my stomach like kindling, until I couldn't take it anymore and the fire in my soul ignited.

I watched in satisfying horror as small red flames licked the tips of my fingers. The bright flames wavering in the breeze and pulsing in rhythm with my heart. Until they slowly spiraled their way up my arms like snakes. It felt so good, I felt bliss yet excitement at the same time as the flames continued to pour out from my hands and surround my body.

This was the first time I had ever let the flames take over my body like this ever since the incident, but this time I felt control. I unsheathed Eclipse, the blade now glowing with light and the hilt engorged by red, pulsating flames. I took a deep breath and looked up, the rain not even reaching me before it turned to small trails of steam.

My heart beat hard against my chest as I stepped out of the tree line, it was time I stopped running away and pushing back all my feelings. I was going to make sure that all my teammate's fighting would not go to waste. It was time I showed camp half-blood what a shy, self conscious, dreamer and musician could really do.

Spoiler! :
Before I knew what was happening, my feet were bounding across the now damp ground towards Ness. He turned to face me and met my eyes with a cold stormy stare. His sword in hand and water flowing around him like a personal hurricane.

It didn't take long before streams of water started shooting at me like thin arrows. But that didn't stop me even as I felt one of them graze my arm and blood started pouring out from the wound. Sword met sword as I took my first swing at him, steam erupting from the violent collision like a geyser. Our identical yet different blue eyes locked together in conflict, like sky battling against ocean, fire battling against water.

I felt blood trickle down my forearm in streams of crimson. My arms shook violently as we battled for control, but Ness was stronger and more experienced than me. He overpowered me then kicked me in the stomach, sending me backwards. Blood sprayed from my mouth as I was sent to the ground.

More streams of water came flying towards me and I held out my hand as if to yell stop. I then felt a tugging sensation coming from my forearm like a bow being notched and I released a torrent of spiraling flames. The streams of water now more clouds of hot steam that surrounded my vision as I stood up. Disoriented, I looked around, searching for any signs of Ness but all I could see were clouds of steam and all I could hear were the yells of everyone around us.

The steam then parted as a sword arched through the air, luckily I had seen it coming and I parried with Eclipse. The collision sending bright sparks like fireflies sparkling through the air until they died, their short life snuffed out. As the grey shroud cleared and disolved back into the cold, rainy, brightly pulsating sky, Ness attacked again. Spinning the sword in the air then swiping low at my legs, trying to trick me.

The blade caught on one of my legs as I tried to avoid it. I stumbled onto one knee, my heart racing as Ness struck again. He was too powerful, even with my flames defending me from some of his water attacks, he still outmatched me in strength and experience. But I couldn't give up now, I wasn't going to run away from this fight.

Instead of blocking or parrying, I quickly rolled to the right and swung Eclipse at Ness's leg. He grimaced and fell to one knee and I kicked him in the jaw, a small dribble of blood now running down from his mouth. I was about to follow with a strike to his shoulder but as I raised Eclipse, I found myself up a against a wave of water. I tried to fight against it but I was eventually pushed back.

My breath was heavy and ragged, blood still pouring out from the wound on my forearm. A giant cloud of steam now infront of me. Was this what Ness had wanted? Had he used my power against me? I was tired, bloody and bruised, even the flames that enveloped my body like silk had started to lose energy. Who was I kidding? I was up against a kid from one of the big three, there was no chance a shy musician like me could ever hope to compare.

"Ben!" I heard Rand's voice yell from out of the steam. "Ben run! There are some battles that can't be won!"

Yet Rand was putting his all into this, I could tell his voice was straining from the energy used to use his light arrows. I hate myself, even when I gave it my all, it still wasn't enough. I could feel my energy draining and dark mist start to surround my vision, snuffing the glow I saw from my body, snuffing the fire I felt in my soul.

Spoiler! :
Through the hazy darkness, I saw someone standing above me. Was it Ness come to finish me? Or just a hallucination?

"Ben, my son, I know I haven't been the greatest father, and I know that right now might not be the best time for father-son bonding. But I want you to know that you are more powerful than you think you are, you are my son. I want you to always remember that happiness fuels the fire in a persons soul more than hate or anger ever could, because happiness and memories are the fuel that will always last, as long as you make it last," with those last words, Apollo, no, dad, touched me slightly on the forehead and made a three fingered claw gesture over my heart then pushed outward.

I then felt all my worries, anger and frustration melt away, to be replaced by my happy memories. From the day I received Eclipse, to receiving a message from Hermes to head towards Camp Half-Blood and even the day I was claimed by Apollo. All these memories and more came together, making what I could only describe as knowledgeable bliss.

The image of Apollo then melted back into the steam as I saw the hilt of a sword come down, aimed for my chest. Sorry Ness, but this fight wasn't over until one, or both of us were incapacitated. This was for you, dad.

I felt an overwhelming surge of heat build up in the area were Apollo had blessed me, the heat spreading like wildfire across my whole body until it erupted from my body like flames spouting from the sun. My entire vision was filled with bright orange as flames continued to surge and pulse out.

As my vision cleared and steam melted back into the cold rainy sky, I saw Ness standing with a torrent of water like I had never seen before surround and envelope him like armor. The only thing uncovered by the thick running stream of armor like water was his head. His entire eyes a fierce ocean blue, he pointed his sword at me and charged forward.

I raised Eclipse and met him head on. We fought like two dancers around the field, kicking and parrying each strike like our lives depended on it. Every blow that I parried he returned with a kick, every kick that I received, I returned with a strike to his armor. The rain continued to pour down as we fought, every move and thought focused on one thing; not losing.

The blue teams flag shook in the almost hurricane force winds. That is when I stumbled over something, gasping as Ness bared down on me, I kicked him in the stomach and using a blast of fire, sent him sprawling backwards. His form now covered in steam.

"Ben?" wait, was that plant talking to me? Did I hit my head when I fell down?

"Ben, it's me, Laila," Laila? Since when was she a plant?

I couldn't form any words to plant-Laila so I burned the vines off her. That is when I heard two yells of anger come from behind me, ugh, Demeter kids.

"Ben-" Laila gasped. "Since when did-" She reached out to touch something on my head.

I moved away from her and turned around. "Laila, I'm going to create a distraction and I want you to take that flag and move away from here as fast as you can. No questions asked. Okay?"

Laila nodded and ran back to fight the Demeter kids, I think one of them was Abrin. His hair wet and plastered against his head.

I returned my eyes back to Ness as he stepped out of the steam. I watched in silence as an arrow then cut through the air and buried itself into Ness's left shoulder, disarming the sword and piercing his armor. The arrow glowed like sunlight as Ness stepped backwards with his left leg from the force of the blow.

Rand was still looking out for me. I then buried Eclipse into the soft, muddy dirt. I was going to end this. I watched Ness's head snap up and stare at me, waiting for me to make my move.

It was like a Western stand-off, each of us waiting for the other to make a move. I took a step forward and then with all the strength I could muster, I charged forward. Ness then met me head on and we collided.

I watched almost like it was in slow motion as Ness and I threw ourselves at the other. My flame armor now exploding like a supernova and Ness's water flying towards me like a hurricane on jupiter. When we did meet, almost as fast as we collided, we were thrown backwards. Steam erupted from us like a bomb and we were sent spiraling backwards.

I had used the last of my strength on that and as I met the ground, the glowing fire that had wrapped around and conformed to my body, slowly started to die out like embers. I felt one of my ribs crack as I slid across the muddy ground, a thin stream of blood now coming from my mouth.

I watched as silky darkness started to envelope my body, the giant cloud of steam probably now covering the whole area. My ears rang from the noise Ness and I made as we collided. I was about to let the darkness take me but that is when I saw Laila come running towards me with the blue teams flag.

Laila gasped as she saw me, my flames now only slightly warm glowing embers on my skin.

"Ben!" she ran towards me and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder.

I tried to support my own weight but failed and almost stumbled back to the ground. "Stop it, your in no shape to try anything now," Laila scolded me as we made our way into the forest. Our only mission now to get Laila and the flag across that border.
Last edited by Jony on Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

-Jon7670

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:46 am
Dutiful says...

Laia - Hermes
Capture the Flag

I stared at Ben in awe. Did he do what I think he just did? He'd used fire! Fire!
"Ben! Since when did-" I reached out to touch the marks on his head, but he moved away from he. I quickly dropped my hands. He told me to go get the flag and run away as fast as I can.

I hesitated just for a nanosecond, then nodded and ran towards the Demeter kids. Oh they're going to get a piece of me. Nobody covers me in plants and walks away unharmed.
I unsheathed my dagger and ran straight for them. The Demeter boy had miraculously recovered from the bruise I'd given him and was charging towards me with fury in his eyes. I was ready. With one stroke, I cut the left side of his cheek and while he was distracted by the sudden cut I plunged my dagger into his thigh. He collapsed to the ground. For a minute I was concerned I'd hit him too badly, but when I saw he was aiming for my legs, all thoughts of concern vanished as I hit him on the head with the butt of my dagger. He passed out.

I ran towards the flag but the Demeter girl blocked my path. I think it was her who trapped me. i felt anger rise in me as I ran towards her with my dagger, roaring. She unsheathed her own sword and rotated the blade and smirked at me, as if telling me, 'There's nothing you can do about it' The hell I couldn't. I let out a cry and struck her arms with my dagger. It wasn't a major cut, but it was bleeding. She dropped her sword and I kicked it away. Sweat was dripping down my face I as I contemplated how to stop her from following me to the flag. She looked at me with cold eyes, then looked over my shoulder and saw her brother passed out. I could see the anger in her eyes. Behind her, a panther ran towards her. Panther? Now I was scared, but I did not show it in my eyes as we circled each other, panther trailing behind her.

I was trapped and she knew I knew it. She smirked and lunged towards me. I moved away at the last second and she fell forward. Using the chance I fell on top of her and pinned her arms to her side. Using the butt of my dagger, I closed my eyes and hit her on the head. Twice. And she also passed out. I quickly got up and searched for the panther. He must be near. But I didn't see it anywhere. So I quickly ran up to the blue flag. On getting closer, I found it was covered in vines. Ugh, I was starting to hate plants. I looked around me, nobody was paying attention to me. I used my dagger to cut of almost all the vines, just enough for me to dislodge the flag. It was tedious work and soon I was drenched in sweat. I pulled out the flag. I kind of expected a dramatic music to play in the background while I took out the flag, but no such luck.

I turned around, flag in hand. Nobody had noticed! I jumped up and down, waving the flag, still nobody noticed. They were all too busy fighting. Honestly, I could have belly danced with the flag right there and still they wouldn't have noticed. Feeling put out, I walked slowly towards the border, taking my time in case someone wanted to fight. Nobody, not even a tumbleweed came in my way.

As I was walking, I saw Ben, glowing skin and all, looking like he was about to pass out. I ran towards him and helped him up, lifting his hand and draping it over my shoulder. He was in a terrible shape. I had to get him to the infirmary. He tried walking on his own, but stumbled like a baby taking its first steps. I scolded him and placed his hand back on my shoulder and walked towards the border. Lightning flashed across the sky as the downpour increased.

We'd done it! We'd won the game!
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

49 Reviews

Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:53 pm
View Likes
Jony says...

Ben Richard- Son of Apollo-Capture The Flag- Red Team

The steam was thiner in the forest but still present as Laila and I quickly made our way through the grey shrouds. Luckily I wasn't limping and I only needed a little help from Laila to move on my own. But our victory was short lived as I saw the form of Ness in the grey steam. How the Hades was he still standing?

Water shot out at Laila and I as we started to run through the forest. My fear mixed with adrenaline now helping me run on my own and ignore the pain in my chest from the broken rib. I took out my bow and started shooting at Ness, I heard him cry out as one connected with his forearm.

But the water continued to come towards us like bullets as we ran through the forest. I was running as fast as I could, occasionally turning back to shoot at Ness. I cringed as one of the streams of water grazed my leg. I stumbled slightly but continued running. I needed to keep distracting Ness with arrows so Laila could make it across the border.

My heart felt like it was going to explode from a mixture of exhaustion and nerves as we bounded across the forest floor. I expertly weaved through the dense trees and hopped over logs. Laila was infront of me doing the same.

I gasped, I could hear the river infront of us. We were almost there, I turned back to Ness and shot another arrow. I was running out, I only had two left. But I continued to run and was almost to the tree line, I could see the river in the distance. Laila had already broken past the tree line and was now bounding towards the river.

I stumbled as I broke past the trees, I was so close to the river. My stomach flipped as I saw Ness emerge from the trees a yard away from me. I was right next to the river and Laila was already swimming with the blue flag held high, we were so close. But my heart stopped as Ness raised his trident towards the river. I didn't know what he was going to do, but I knew as a son of Poseidon, he wouldn't let us cross that river without a fight.

I scrambled for my bow and notched an arrow, my hand quaking with exhaustion. The dark clouds in my vision now back. I released the arrow but it missed Ness by a hair, Ness's armor of water was now gone and I could tell it was taking him longer than usual to bend the water to his will.

I reached back and grabbed my last arrow, I notched it in the bow and took aim once again. This was my last chance, if I missed now, the red team may never get a chance like this again. I felt my heart hammer against my chest as I watched in almost agonizing slow motion as the arrow left the bow.

I watched as the first peaks of water formed in the river, had I missed? I strained my neck and what I saw amazed me. The arrow had pierced his hand perfectly and distracted him enough for the river to return to normal.

Watching in amazement, I saw Laila cross the boundary between teams and raise the flag high in the air. The wind causing it to quake violently as Laila buried it into the earth, the biggest smile I have ever seen plastered onto her bloody, mud covered face. Her black eyes shining like there was a hidden bright lantern bobbing through the darkness.

She yelled with triumph and I started whooping. I looked at my reflection in the water and gasped, my skin was smoldering red like dying embers and a flaming laurel had been placed on my head, was that what Laila reaching for before? I had never seen myself like this before, even my bright sky blues eyes had small flecks of orange in them. Then as I heard the horn blow to signify the game had been won, the laurel and smoldering embers on my skin melted back into nothing and I looked back at myself.

And as the last echo of the horn reverberated through the forest, the last dark cloud formed in my vision and I passed out. The last thing I saw was Ness leaning slightly on a tree, exhausted and he nodded at me with respect. His own bright blue eyes had returned to normal. And as I let the darkness envelope me, all I could hear was the sound of the horn echoing through my blissful dreams.

Spoiler! :
Hope this doesn't conflict with your post too much DutifulWriter, I just wanted to extend Laila crossing the border some more so it doesn't seem so sudden. Also, I SWEAR I didn't mean for it to be this long, and I'm sorry if it seems like I'm posting too often, I will try to post a little less frequently after CTF ends for sure.
Last edited by Jony on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”

-Jon7670

30 Reviews

Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:53 pm
View Likes
Dragonette says...

Abrin : Demeter : Blue team

I stood with my back to the flag, faithfully guarding it with the rain pouring down. I gave a sideways glance to Ness, he had probably done it to impress Maya but it had caused nothing but trouble. Firstly, if the rain kept up like this, the strawberry garden would be a mess. And secondly, I wondered about all of the kids wearing armor, Maya and I didn't have any on because we came straight from gardening, but for everyone else they were probably rusting up pretty bad. Man, Marxus is going to be busy with cleaning everyone's armor after this.

Just then, Alex came rushing through the trees, but the odd thing was, he looked like he was charging at us. Suddenly, he crumpled to the ground, one of Maya's sleeping draft-tipped darts sticking out of his side. Ok. That was...weird, I thought. But I didn't have much time to ponder it before a brilliant ray of light was shot from behind a tree and I was momentarily blinded. My heart skipped a beat as I took a stumbling step back. Now, not only was I lacking in hearing, but I also couldn't see and it was like being in a black hole of nothingness. Crippled from two senses, I was completely helpless.

Blinking hard, I started to regain my vision, with exceptions of some bright spots that still lingered. Then, out of nowhere, a girl attacked me and slashed at my knees. Startled and hurt, I fell backwards, but when I looked up at the girl, I saw her quickly being entwined with vines until she was a struggling mass of green laying beside me. Thanks, sis, I told Maya as she helped me up. I selected a seed from my pouch -these were special seeds that could grow into any plant I chose- and pressed it to the gash on my leg, willing it to grow into a soothing herb. Then I grabbed another seed and caused a vine to wrap tightly around the wound, acting as a make-shift bandage.

The bright arrows continued to come and Maya, knowing that I was utterly helpless without my sight, made herself the target to draw them towards her, and I took the chance to sneak up behind the source of the arrows (I was assuming it was Rand, as he was known to use this style of fighting). Sadly, I had never been very good at sneaking up on people. To be sneaky, you had to be quiet, a word I didn't understand because I didn't understand what made things unquiet to begin with. So Rand turned around to face me before I was five yards behind him. My plan had been to simply put my sword under his neck, forcing him into surrender so that I could take him to the CtF prison, but that didn't look like it was going to work out. Thinking fast, I quickly charged before he could shoot me in the chest. Reaching into his quiver, he pulled out a thin dagger of light and parried my blow as I came on him. A few more strikes and parries passed, my curved sword against his bright dagger, when suddenly we were both distracted by a sudden burst of flaming heat to the side. We looked over and saw Ben's body soaked in...fire? The heat was so intense that I felt like I would get burned even from this distance; water droplets sizzled and died before they could even reach him. causing a bubble of dryness around him. I watched in awe as Ness and Ben charged and an epic battle of the elements unfolded. *Steam hissed angrily at each time their strikes met.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any more time to observe the fight because my own fight came off of pause as Rand took a swing at me with his light-dagger and we went at it again. The increasing steam made it difficult to pin down Rand's location and I mainly used the glowing of his dagger to target him. A minute later, I lost him, only to see another flashing arrow a distance to my right. He was probably helping out his little brother in his fight with Ness. Something I could understand. Ness was a seasoned warrior and I know I wouldn't want my younger sibling to fight him alone.

Alone and free from fighting, I made my way back to the flag (I had wandered a ways in the fight with Rand), and I was struck with horror at the devastation Ben's fire had caused. Black grass and charred wood littered the area. No longer was it a living, beautiful forest sight. I clenched my fists.

I spotted the girl (Laila, I think her name was?) in a clear patch of mist. I normally wasn't a fighter, but adrenaline had suddenly filled my body at the sight of the dead, burning plants around me and I used it to attack. She was stealthy and quick in her moves. Hermes kid, I thought to myself. Twice she managed to strike flesh: a slice on my cheek and a gash on my thigh. I fell to my knees at the latter blow, causing the cut on my knee to throb. Seeing only one way out, I swung my sword at her legs, but suddenly I was knocked across the head and I momentarily blanked out.

The blackness cleared as I woke up from my unconsciousness a couple moments later. In a blur, I saw Laila disappearing into the mist with the flag in her hands; I had also caught sight of an injured Ben limping beside her. Trying to stop them, I pulled out a vine seed from my pouch and shot it out in that direction. I couldn't see anything in the steam, but I used my connection with the plant to feel around as it snaked along the forest floor. Finally I sensed the vine pass over a human and I willed it to wrap around her ankle and pull her toward me. But to my surprise it wasn't Laila that I drug out of the mist, it was Abri, cussing like a sailor in French. That girl really needs to wash her mouth out with soap sometimes. She stood quickly to her feet and drew her daggers, looking fierce but slightly uncertain.

Spoiler! :
So I wanted to give Carina a chance to post a little fighting with Abri before the horn blew.

*Steam hissed angrily at each time their strikes met.

Gah! I forget he's deaf! It is so much more difficult to write from a deaf point of view then you'd think, it's quite challenging. Like, I couldn't mention Alex's battle cry, or a grunt from a blow, or the snapping of a twig from someone approaching, etc. I'm not complaining, it's such a building exercise for me, it has really stretched my brain cells X)

On another note, I hope it's ok that I gave Rand a light dagger, I figured it'd work best for close ranged fighting, and I assumed that he could form any weapon out of light from his quiver, but I couldn't remember, so let me know if I need to change something.
Last edited by Dragonette on Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Random avatar

Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:03 pm
View Likes
TrinaleeHatch says...

Natahni - after capture the flag

Campers voices echoed around camp. Some screaming with excitement, some cursing the winners, and some moaning with pain as the where being hauled to the imfermery. I didn't know who had won today's capture the flag. And I didn't care. I had been to so many, and was just glad they didn't make me play with my recent broken arm. I had been released from the imfermery about an hour ago. All they did was give me a tiny square of ambrosia, then rap my wrist in a cloth bandage. I was sad I had missed capture the flag, but I was glad to have some time to think. Or in my case read or draw or write or practice monster fighting. Today I drew. With my good hand. I thing better when I do stuff like that. And it's easier to do in silence. I had drawn a picture of Marcus. I'd had a crush on him since I first saw him. But I doubt he even knew I existed.

I am sixteen years old. I have been at camp for seven years. I stay year round. My dad thinks I'm dead, and my mom's a greak goddess. I dont have anywhere else to go. Chiron takes care of me. He knows my situation and treats me like a daughter, but I don't get much special treatment or anything. It's more of a, I'm there if you need someone to talk to about anything, and I will protect you with my life, kind of "takes care of me." I'm in the Athena cabin. It's pretty fun I guess, But if you had been hear as long as I had you would have seen enough death to last you a lifetime. I try not to make to many friends now because you may lose them the next day. It's hard, because you can't be in the same camp for seven years and not make any friends.
Last edited by TrinaleeHatch on Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

50 Reviews

Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:07 pm
KingLucifer says...

Gemini - Before the end of Capture the Flag, Sky vs Ground.

I fought my way past the campers, one by one I felled each one, fighting like a wild animal. Slashed and hacked, even delivering possibly fatal blows. These people were simply no match for me, I was a One Woman Army. I had blown off most of my steam, all that was left was the simple pleasure in being able to hurt anyone and everyone without consequence. The final one was trying to crawl away from me, I stalked forward with a grin on my face.

"Got to, get away, warn, Chiron," the girl said.

There was blood everywhere on her, her lips were bleeding, burn marks around her body. Her armor was completely destroyed. Helmet was gone, she began to crawl into an open clearing. I followed her, and soon I put my foot to her behind, grinning like a mad woman. I pushed her forward as I looked down at her, her entire body collapsing forward, I soon roll her over, her eyes unable to focus on mine. I grab her head with my free hand, and her eyes finally focus on mine as I grinned with the pleasure in the pain she was feeling.

"Just remember, you died a failure to the Gods," I said in a cruel tone.

I take my blade in both hands and raise over my left shoulder, I stab forward, only to be interrupted suddenly but a powerful, and demanding of respect voice.

"Stop!" the female voice yells.

My blade stops right at her chest, the tip sharp enough to cut a small wound in her chest, I wipe all emotion from my face before looking up. On the hill, was a woman, long dark hair, pale skin, and black eyes like a black holes. The moonlight was pale against her, making her foreboding, almost as if Thanatos himself was here. Against the woman's wish, I plunge the sword in the girls chest, destroying her heart. I then pull it free and swing the sword hard at the air, blood splattering everywhere.

"And who might you be?" I asked her.

"Your death, the Gods will know of your transgressions!" She said, her voice full of anger like an old womans.

"Then be my death, and test yourself against the most powerful Demigod to ever live," I said with no emotion.

She drew two daggers from her belt, I swung my blood stained blade onto my back, freeing both of my hands, this will get interesting.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:06 pm
Skyguy says...

Spoiler! :
Hey guys, since you gave me some ideas, I'll have Travis enter the camp the day of CTF, and Travis will be in camp, training with an instructor while the game goes on. I think I'll start with about how he gets to camp.Thanks guys!

Travis dragged a screaming Gleeson Hedge away from the already dissolving monsters." Coach! Its dead!" He yelld. Hedge froze, then puffed up his manly... er, goatly chest."tHat'll teach em!" He shouted. Travis glanced down at the arrow wound in his thigh. It was still bleeding. He was lucky it had'nt been poisened. He lifted his sword, which his father had called a khopesh, or an Egyptian sword. The half end was curved like a crescent moon. It was qiute deadly if used properly. His spear was about 7 feet long and was made of pure celestial bronze, except for rawhid leather, wrapped around the base for holding and throwing. He dragged the coach to a hill, where... was that a dragon?
Hedge grinned. ' Don't worry boy!Thats Peleus! The guard dragon." Travis rolled his eyes." Oh goody! a dragon that was guarding and protecting the camp. How wonderful! Travis smiled grimly. Oh well. He would have to get used to it.Then he saw the camp. All the cabins in a horseshoe shape. But he knew the plavce by heart. His "father" had shown him a picture.( The mortal one. so far, the immortal had refused to help.) He sighed and dragged the battle mad satyr down the hill. Travis extended his arm, and his falcon, Fury, landed on his arm." Camp Half Blood," he murmurred.
Things were about to get interesting for Travis. He was the son of Zeus. And his father was about to leave a present for him.
I will never give up... I will never give up! As long as I'm still breathing in this world... as long as I'm still standing in this world I will never give up!

30 Reviews

Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:24 am
View Likes
Dragonette says...

Abrin : Demeter : Tuesday evening

Abri and I stood there awkwardly for a couple moments, both waiting for the other to make the first move. Then, with out warning, she relaxed her shoulders and sheathed her daggers, and then simply turned and started walking away.

I looked quizzically after her. When she glanced over her shoulder and saw that I hadn't moved, she mumbled something that I couldn't understand, returned and put an impatient hand on her hip. "The horn has sounded. The game is over." I read her red-glazed lips spell out for me slowly as if I were a toddler who didn't understand somoething. I raised my eyebrow and the corner of my mouth slightly in amusement at her attitude. I shrugged and surveyed the thinning mist to find my sister. I caught sight of her body crumpled against a tree and I jogged over to her. Maya's panther, Misa, was guarding the body, her green eyes looking fierce, but because she knew me she let me approach.

After a quick inspection, I saw that she had a few cuts, but nothing too majorly serious. I gently scooped her up in my arms so that I could carry her to the infirmary. I caught sight of Rand catching his breath a few paces over, and sent him a message in the dirt saying I'll take Maya back. You and Abri bring in Alex. He looked up and nodded at me, confirming that he had seen it, and I started making my way towards camp with Misa padding closely behind. Don't worry, sis, I'll take care of you, I sent to her mind. I don't know, maybe she could hear me in her dreams.

Maya was fairly light, but with two bleeding gashes on my left leg, I had to stop a couple of times to take a rest. When I did reach the infirmary I pushed through the tent's flap door and was hit with bustling chaos. It was normally pretty busy after capture the flag, but this was madness. Nymphs serving as nurses were rushing around frantically, satyrs carried in seriously injured campers and lay them on cots that were quickly filling up, and our doctor -a young-to-middle-age man whose father had been an Apollo's child- seemed to be treating a dozen demigods at once with a very concerned look on his face.

I found an empty cot for Maya in the corner and lay her in it. In the bed beside her, bruises and scratches covered Daemon's pale body, and in the bed beside him lay Adrian. Harlow stood between them looking emotionally tense.

I walked up to her and put a hand on her shoulder. Hey. Are you doing ok? I signed

After a second of trying to hold it together, she slowly shook her head and I pulled her in for a hug. Adrian is in a coma, the doctor doesn't know if he'll wake up, she signed, rubbing unfallen tears from her eyes.

I was about to assure her that everything was going to be alright, but was suddenly bumped by a satyr carrying another bleeding camper. "Excuse me," I saw him mutter as he lay the injured girl on a bed. I couldn't help starring at her shoulder, the cut was gruesome and looked burnt on the edges. "What happened here?" I saw Harlow ask.

I couldn't see his response because his face was turned away as he bent over the girl, but Harlow's hands interpreted for me as he said We're not allowed to talk about it. And then he scurried off.

Harlow gave me an expecting look. Knowing what she was wanting, I began studying the groups of nymphs as they worked. Nymphs were such gossips, and when you can read lips like I can, getting information was a breeze. The first clump of nymphs I spied on were gathered around a nymph named Ashlin; she was going on about an "insolent girl who had the nerve to challenge me. Well I can tell you I had her running with my sticks whipping at her behind as she went." The group laughed gaily and I moved my eyes on to the next group, hoping they'd prove to be more helpful. The remaining nymphs were mumbling nervously about a mad girl and some freak lightning. I decided that the latter conversations were what Harlow was interested in and passed it on to her. I'm going to see if I can help out. I'll see you later, ok? I gave her another quick hug and went to work.

And work I did, they kept me busy for a while. Mainly, I was sent to the herb garden out back to fetch healing plants. I got some sweet basil leaves for someone who had gotten a scorpion sting, and some other asorted plants for other healing purposes. The most wanted was the Aloe vera plant; it was used for cuts and, naturally, had a pretty big demand. So I was busy using my Demeter gifts to multiply its leaves.

In time, Ness came in carrying Ben. His skin was flushed and hot, which was no mystery concidering the battle that had happened. I found some dandelion flowers to be made into tea for Ben's fever; I know Chiron was already having him drink Nector, but some good herbal tea always helped.

The sun had gone by the time things started to slow down. The crowd had gone and all of the campers in their cots had been treated. It was then that I finally got proper bandages for my cuts. Feeling suddenly exhasted, I headed back to my cabin. Before long I was in my bed, out like a light.

Spoiler! :
This. Is. Horrible. I'd have to say it is up there with some of my worst posts. Writer's block hit me hard today, guys. I suppose it's some kind of carma for telling Carina and Aquestioning to write through their writers block, well now I know what it feels like -.-
So yeah, please forgive me for that post, I'm sure you were grimacing through it all. And of course there's no spelling check on the computer I writing on. I'll probably edit it tomorrow and fix a lot of things, but today my brain cells are DEAD. (stupid brain)
But at least now some people can go on to the next day, I guess. I tried to mention as many characters as I could. And the people who still need to finish a scene, just write it in past tense, or start there and end with your charrie going to bed *shrugs* Whatever.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:48 pm
Dutiful says...

Laila- Hermes
Tuesday Night

I felt exhausted, literally drained by the time I hit the bed. I didn't linger long after handing Ben over to Ness. I headed straight for the showers and then went to bed.

I replayed over the events of the day and cringed. I had hurt so many people. I looked at the dagger on my bedside table and wished I didn't have to use it again any time soon. There was only one good thing that had come out of this; I made a new friend.

Ben. What had he done today? He'd used fire. I'm not well versed with Greek mythology, but I was pretty sure Apollo kids aren't supposed to control fire. He hadn't wanted to tell me before, but I really wanted to know.

I really did want to know. But how? I was pretty sure he would evade me next day.
I sighed, getting up. There was only one way.
I checked the time. 3.00 am.
Well, it was now or never.

I sneaked out of the cabin and walked up to the infirmary and looked searched for Ben. I found him asleep and pulled out a chair and sat, waiting. I knew it was a really dumb idea but it was the only way I could get him to talk. I watched his face while he slept peacefully. There were a few scars on his face but otherwise, it was the same handsome face. I searched for the marks on his forehead, but it was gone.

There was movement and I shook myself awake. I hadn't even realized I'd fallen asleep. I looked to Ben's bed and found him staring at me.
"What?" I asked.
"What are you doing here? At this time of the night?"
"I wanted to see you," I said.
HE looked at me like I was mad. " You could see me in the morning."
"Also, I wanted to ask you," I began, " How you can control fire," I said.
"Oh"
"Yeah.So can you tell me? I promise I won't tell anyone."
"Umm.."
Spoiler! :
Sorry for the short post, but I really have no time to post. I hope Ben doesn't mind! Oh and sorry @Dragonette , err I mean, ma'am for knocking out your character! Please forgive!
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

49 Reviews

Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:58 am
View Likes
Jony says...

Ben Richard-Son of Apollo- Tuesday Night

Laila watched me intently as I explained what my power could do. I don't know if it was lack of sleep or if I was just exhausted, I had hoped that people would of just dropped the subject but I explained it to her anyway.

My powers are different than that of lets say, a gifted child of Hephaestus. While Hephaestus may be the god of fire, other gods, like Apollo do have a form of that same ability, including Hestia and even Hades who can control Hell-fire.

I inherited a form of Apollo's Pyrokinesis from him, which is rare, even for an Hephaestus kid it's rare to have a form of this power. But what separates my ability from a child of Hephaestus is that I can't use it on will, I can only use it if I am provoked, in mortal danger, or extremely scared/agitated.

Even then the amount of fire I create depends on how angry or scared I am. A good scale would be; if I'm annoyed/irritated, sometimes my skin gets warmer than usual. If I am a little angry, I can feel a surge of heat run up my arms which could occasionally turn into small flames. If I am genuinely furious, flames could start to surround me, but that is only when I want them to. And on the rare occasion, (this has only happened twice) the flames would erupt on their own in what I like to call an emotional supernova.

I am also vulnerable to regular fire, unlike a child of Hephaestus may be.

It was a long talk as I explained to her what I just explained to you, my only interruption being the occasional question from Laila. I had never explained to anyone my powers before, but then again, nobody had ever asked.

I probably bored her. But she had asked and I had answered. After I finished she just shook her head at me with amazement. She was about to ask me another question, but my exhaustion suddenly came back to hit me. I felt like I was going to pass out as the world started to spin around me like a top. That is when the blackness came and enveloped me in it's embrace.

Spoiler! :
Sorry if this post is a little short but I just wanted to have Ben interact with Laila and clear some things up. So I had to power through some writers block and boring moments and I know this isn't my most exciting post but it gives him some more interactions and ties the day in for him. Ness can still be the one to wake him up tomorrow morning though.
Last edited by Jony on Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

-Jon7670

50 Reviews

Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:43 pm
KingLucifer says...

Gemini Randa

She came at me fast swinging the daggers in her hands, slicing at the air and I dodged out of the way, she cuts a clean arc at me, I bend backwards, feeling my hands touch the ground. I spring back as I see the second dagger coming down I just barely grab, twist her wrist and slam my foot hard into her chest. She staggers backwards barely catching herself before she fell. I raised my right hand and just as she looks up, catch her in the jaw sending her sprawling onto the ground. I grinned arrogantly.

"My death right?" I asked her.

"Yes, your death," she said.

In quick and sudden move, to fast for my eye to catch, she's suddenly on her feet and a dagger found it's marked deep in my left shoulder. My face becomes something of anger and pain, but she smiles like she just won the fight or something, my upper lip trembles in barely contained rage.

"Die." the voice I gave barely sounded human, if not animistic.

My spare right hand, goes straight for my blade, I spin and slam it hard in front of me, but the she devil just jumps back in anticipation of my move. A grin still on her face, which only serves to further anger me.

"Not so cocky now, are you?" she said.

I gave out a roar, and began drawing lightning from the storm I light up like a light bulb as lightning coursed all around me. At first it was blue, but then began to become black, I wanted to use my most powerful ability in my arsenal, but I stopped myself as I began to raise my hand to the sky.

"No," I said.

"Not yet, I want to make you suffer," I said.

I levitated off the ground and with ungodly speed, charged her with my blade drawn. She tries blocking with her daggers, but I wasn't playing around anymore, my superior strength and speed allowed me to easily break her guard. I dig my blade straight into her shoulder and we go flying up the hill and into the air breaking the flag along the way. But as we fly, her body becomes nothing but shadows, I was just there flying in the air. I look to the ground and see an army of clones of her on the ground. Something in the form of an angry growl comes from my throat.

I curl up into a ball and then stretch all my limbs out, yelling angrily as I drew so much power from the storm, my anger and hatred only making it worse. A funnel overhead forms, and at any point it could turn into a tornado and tear though Camp Half Blood and destroy everything. I began shooting Black Lightning at the ground, volley after volley, the blasts so powerful they were sending clubs of dirt into the air. I was screaming angrily, I began to wonder myself, why was I like this, why was I so angry? was it because of the wound that was inflicted on me? Because Lexi had deserted me? Because Zeus took everything from me? Because I felt like no one understood my pain? Because I felt alone?

These questions riddled my mind, and I had no answers to give, eventually, I was just floating in mid air. The volley's having finally stopped. Below only one body was there, the one person I had been fighting. I was breathing heavily as I just floated there, the world began to spin, and eventually, I blacked out and fell to the ground in a deep sleep.

The only person I know for certain I am better than is the person I used to be.
— CandyWizard