z

Young Writers Society

Camp Crazy (STARTED!/ Still accepting)

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun May 05, 2013 1:41 pm
littleauthor says...

Riley Anders

I sat on my towel watching the others talk and laugh. Pookie sat next to me but then scurried off towards another cat nearby. I saw the cat trying to swim out to the ocean and there I saw a hand flying out of the water in panic. I reacted quickly and swam quickly out to the water where the hand was. I saw bubbles and then hair sinking farther beneath the water. I held my breath and swam down and picked up thr girl by the waist and swam her back to the shore. I laid her down on the sand and started doing CPR.

"Come on," I mumbled to my self, pumping her chest. Pookie and the other cat sat next to me meowing. I breathed into her mouth once more and the girl sputtered to life my mouth still on hers. She bit my lip in panic and I pulled away.

"You okay?" I ask her.

"I think so," She replies. What must be her cat jumps onto her lap and licks her. "This is charm.

I pick up pookie and put her in my lap. "This is Pookie, so whats your name?"

"I'm swift" she replies acting shy.

"I'm Riley," I say giving her a hand. She doesn't take it and she stands up by herself. "So I'll see you around?"

"Sure," She replies scurring off.

"Weird." I say turning to walk towards my cabin once more. I go inside and change out of my bathing suit, take a shower, and put a pair of jeans and a t-shirt. I brush out my hair and slide into my converse and walk towards the bar.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sun May 05, 2013 5:42 pm
ChocoCookie says...

Megan

I look at the time. Its almost time for dinner and all the lights have come up too. I don't think anyone realizes that yet and that's dark already. I see Riley walking up to the bar and I smile at him.

"Hey, do you have any idea when dinner's going to be ready?" he asks.

"Its supposed to now. But they haven't yet informed me about it." I reply and gives me a look which probably is giving me the sign that he's really hungry.

I laugh. "How was the day?"

"Oh cool, I guess. Though this girl-Swift kinda drowned and had to save her." he spoke casually.

"What?! How come you never told me?" I ask. I mean, I'm the leader. "None of the instructors got to know about it?"

"Nah, don't think so."

I breath a sigh of relief. Thank god, thank god, thank god. I wouldn't have heard the end of it if they did so.

"Sorry if I upset you?" he asks, raising an eyebrow and I just shake my head.

I get a text message from Ms. Holly saying dinner's ready and I catch Riley reading it too. He grins, happier than ever.

"Finally!" he says, walking to a table and I get up from the seat and blow my whistle.

Everyone looks at me and I announce dinner. "Okay, you guys! I guess that's enough fun for today! Now, dine in!"

There's a mad rush and I can see everyone has just only been waiting for me to say "dinner". They grab a table and I walk towards my group who came today. They're all excited, checking out the menu's and buffet. Some are even sneakily picking on the tomatoes and cucumbers from the salads. I smile because I remember I once used to do that and how I got caught straight from my best friend-Rebecca. Oh, how I miss those days.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun May 05, 2013 6:58 pm
Swiftfur says...

Swiftfur

I spluttered to life and found myself staring Riley in the face.
I quickly sat up, and Charm jumped into my lap and licked my cheek.
"You okay?" He asked.
"I think so," I admitted.
Riley picked up a kitten and sat it on his lap.
"This is Pookie, so what's your name?"
"I'm Swift," I replied shyly.
"I'm Riley."He stood up and offered me his hand, but I refused it and got up to my feet. "So, I'll see you around?"
"Sure," I said, scurrying away.
Once we were out of earshot, Charm smirked and said, "Awwww, lil' ol' Swift is turning into a girly-girl."
"Shut up!" I snapped.
Charm huffed. "Well so-ry for teasing you."
"Great Starclan!"I muttered under my breath.
"Swiftfur and Riley, sittin' in a tree,K-I-S-S-I-N-G," Charm sang mockingly in a low voice.
"I heard that!" I whispered furiously.

As soon as I walked in the door of my cabin, I dumped Charm on my bed, wrapped in my wet towel.
"Hey!" She meowed.
"You deserved it," I chuckled. "Since you said I was a girly-girl, you have earned yourself a whole day of punishment."
Charm wriggled free of the damp towel and looked at me with wide eyes.
"What!?"
"I'm joking," I reasured.
"You'd better be," She growled.
"Cross my heart."
"Good. Wake me when food's ready."
She curled up on my pillow.
"Lazy," I muttered.
I grabbed two metal bowls and filled one with dry cat food, and one with water, then took a bottle of hand sanitizer and a bottle of vanilla perfume off the shelf and poured a bit of hand sanitizer into the water,and the perfume into the dry cat food.
"What's that smell?" Charm piped up.
"I've been in the ocean, and I'm going to dinner after you've had yours."
"Oh, I see. You're going to a fancy dinner with your boyfriend."
I glared at her,then picked up the bowls, delivered them to her, and dashed out the door.
I heard her take a bite, them yowl, "You'll pay for this!"
I laughed all the way to dinner.
You can't change the past, so live in the future, and choose your course wisely.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sun May 05, 2013 10:46 pm
Craz says...

Devyn Garland

The sun was lowering over the splash of waves and everyone was heading towards the dining hall for dinner. Devyn, still sporting her bikini, had a fine collection of goose bumps and shivers that racked her tiny frame and sent cold spiders running up and down her spine. Evan had already changed and she assumed he was at the dining hall alone. His mom had sent him here to socialize, and so far he had barely even mumbled a hello to someone besides her.

When she walked into the girl's cabin a black cat was perched on one of the beds. Devyn froze in the doorway, eyeing the cat like it might sprout wings. She had never had a good experience with cats, and she had the scars to prove it. She walked warily to her bunk which meant she had to pass the cat on the way, and made sure she kept one eye on it. It stared back at her lazily, its yellow eyes bright in the low light.

She changed into pants and an over sized sweatshirt and flipped her hair out of its ponytail. The cat was still staring at her. "What are you staring at?" she said, annoyance making her tone a little sharp. She didn't expect for it to respond, and it didn't. She walked pass it again, and when she was about to leave she pointed an accusing finger at it. "Stay." She said, and walked to the dining hall.

Just as she thought, Evan was alone and waiting for her at an empty table with two plates of food. She scowled at him much like she did with the cat, and then her eyes were drawn to the other tables where a burst of laughter echoed in the large room. I haven't said more than hi to anyone else either, she thought. She stood and pulled Evan out of his seat and led him like a horse to water to the most populated table. Evan stiffened slightly but didn't pull away, and Devyn plopped them both down in empty seats.

She directed herself to a good looking guy and said, "Hi, my name's Devyn and this is my cousin Evan. This is where you say your name."

He looked a little startled, and then put on a movie star smile that she wished she could paint. "My name's Riley."

She held out her hand and he shook it, him smiling in amusement at the slight formality. She asked, "So, you surf?" She had took pictures of everyone at the beach, and she recalled him surfing.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun May 05, 2013 10:58 pm
View Likes
cm57105 says...

Cadel's heat sunk as he looked at Landon. How could he compete with that? Oozing confidence, Landon was perfect. The way Emma looked at him...

Cadel didn't stand a chance.
If you don't have a trophy case that spins into a secret room with a press of a button, then your an idiot.

Need a review? You've come to the right person.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&p=1143828#p1143828

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sun May 05, 2013 11:10 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Jennifer Gray

Everyone was all at the dining hall by the time I got there. The first thing I went for was some cucumbers."Mmmm!" I say. "My favorite!" I mumble again talking to myself. Erina walked up beside me sneaking some tomatoes. "Hey." she says. I look over to her and smile while nibbling another cucumber. "Hey." I reply. "How is camp so far?" she asks me. "Well pretty good, I guess. I'm keeping to myself. How was yours?" I ask. She couldn't help but smile. "Great." is all she said.

Walking over I sat at a table looking at everyone mingling. "Devon is cute." Erina says. "Yup, he is indeed. So is Chaise." I say. Smiling she walks away going to sit with Megan and Emma and some Ashlynn girl.

Devon Turner

Walking into the dining hall, I sat down just watching everyone chat. I saw Erina but decided just to leave her be for a little while. I saw Jenny and decided to walk over and sit with her. "Hey." I say. She looks up to me a little startled. "Hola." she replies. "What you up to?" I ask. "Sitting here waiting." she says.

I look over and see Riley and some girl walk in together then afterwards I seen Swift. "I'll be back." I say to Jenny.

"Hey Swift. I haven't seen you in ages!" I say. She smiles at me and gives me a hug. "I didn't even know you were here." she says. "I can say the same thing to you." I say back. Grabbing my hand she pulls me to a table to talk for a little bit.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Mon May 06, 2013 12:36 am
littleauthor says...

Riley Anders

"So you surf?" said the girl who introduced her self as Devyn. She was very pretty to my amusement.

"Yup," i replied digging into my salad.

"I took some pictures of you today, your really good." She said quickly then looking like she regretted it. She looked adorable.

"Thanks," I said laughing. She blushed then returned to her salad. Devon and chaise were entertaining the table and I chirped in every few minutes. Pookie was under the table being as sneaky as ever, eating all the food that is dropped. She soon scatters off though towards the girls cabin, probably to play with swifts cat. I get up for seconds and Devyn follows.

"So where are you from?" She asks dropping some salad onto her plate again.

"California," I replied giving her the same answer I had givin Landon earlier I the day.

"You don't look like you would be from there," Devyn says walking back to the table.

"Really? I have the classic tan skin and blue eyes, what did you expect?" I reply laughing.

"You don't have blond hair," She says pointing her fork at me. I smile and sit next to her once more.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon May 06, 2013 1:59 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Spoiler! :
Yes, yes, late again, back at school, catching up with all my work D;

Emma-May

"Ash isn't that a little dangerous?" I asked worry seeping through my voice.

She smiled, "Yes." Then walked away.

I just realised I was still holding the new guys hand, think his name was Cade. He was currently getting death stared by Landon. I didn't understand, if he didn't remember me why was he making that face. He looked over me with sad eyes.

"Urm, y-you guys hungry?" I asked to try to smile. Cadel nodded at me.

"That'd be great. Coming, Landon?" He asked.

Landon

"That'd be great. Coming, Landon?" asked.

"Hmm.." I replied still looking at Emma. She was looking down at her feet still holding that guys hand, Cadel, What kind of name is that? Oh, and Emma, is my best friend, not his... Gahh, I sound like a creep.

"Okay, well we will be up there." Emma pointed to the bach house. They walked off, still hold hands. That should be me. I put my arms over my chest and crossed them. I decided it would be no good sulking on the beach all day, so I followed them.

They were already seated when I got up there. I pulled out a chair and dragged it over to sit next to Emma, its a real shame she doesn't remember me.

Spoiler! :
Gahh, getting my characters mixed up D;
Last edited by winterbites on Mon May 06, 2013 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

25 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2013 2:07 am
View Likes
Swiftfur says...

Swiftfur

I walked into the dining hall, which was already packed full.
"Hey Swift. I haven't seen you in ages!"
I whipped around to see Devon standing behind me, a secret smile on his face
I smiled and gave him a hug.
"I didn't think you were here," I replied.
"I can say the same thing to you."
I took his hand and led him to an empty table to talk.
"So, what's the news update? How do you like Camp Crazy?"
I laughed. "To answer your first question, I pulled a prank on Charm."
"You did?"
"Yep. She didn't like it, not one bit."
"What did you do to her?"
"I put hand sanitizer in her water and perfume in her food."
My stomach growled.
"Speaking of food, I'm starving.What's on the menu?"
Devon shrugged, his hair falling in front of his eyes. "How should I know?"
I looked at the menu and considered my options; salad, ramen noodles, and something else that I can't see.
"I heard you drowned today," Devon said.
"I didn't drown! I merely stayed underwater too long."
"Riiiiiiiiiiiiight..." He replied smugly.
"It's true! I heard Landon talking to someone on the beach. I didn't want them to think I was eavesdropping, so I ducked underwater."
Devon was looking over at Jenny.
"I see you've found your match," I chuckled. "Go ahead, I don't mind being deserted."
He stood up and went over to her table, leaving me alone again.
Something caught my eye, and I turned my head.
It was a guy, with ash-blond hair and icy blue eyes.
He was sitting by himself, looking very lonely, so I went over and joined him.
"Hey there."
He looked up.
"I'm Swift. What's your name?"
"Cadel."
"That's a nice name." I sat down next to him.
"Why are you at this table alone?"
He shrugged."Don't know."
"Anyway, how do you like Camp Crazy so far?" I said, changing the subject.
"It's all right."
I stood up, not really hungry anymore for some reason.
"Well, if you need me for anything, I'll be in my cabin."

Poor guy, I thought as I left the Dining Hall. He's probably single, by the looks of him.
I shook myself.
Since when did I care about guys so much?
You can't change the past, so live in the future, and choose your course wisely.

25 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2013 2:11 am
View Likes
Swiftfur says...

Spoiler! :
Uh, Winter, don't you mean,"sulking" ?

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon May 06, 2013 4:17 am
View Likes
cm57105 says...

Spoiler! :
can't post till after school, sorry
If you don't have a trophy case that spins into a secret room with a press of a button, then your an idiot.

Need a review? You've come to the right person.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&p=1143828#p1143828

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon May 06, 2013 5:44 am
winterbites says...

Spoiler! :
Yes, sorry, thanks for pointling the out for me! c:
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon May 06, 2013 8:47 am
View Likes
ToBeMe says...

Neve

“Okay, everyone! We’re going to go to dinner now,” one of the leader’s announcers a little while later and I push myself to my feet.

Come to think of it… it is getting kind of dark. I look over at the others, “It was nice meeting you guys… I’ll see you at dinner?”

I walk slowly back to the cabin and change into a pair of dark jeans and a cool green tee-shirt I found in a vintage shop near the airport.
Then I walk back to the dining hall- which is seemingly packed at this point- and drop down in an empty seat near a few other people that I saw around on the beach before but didn’t and smile.

“Uh, hi!” I start, “I’m Neve. Nobody was sitting here, right?”

Chaise

I walk into the dining hall and take a place at one of the table’s with some of the other guys.

I stare down at the empty plate in front of me before I glance around at the table, “Hey guys,” I grin around at the others, “so what’s for dinner?”

Just then some other people come in carrying full trays of food. I can’t see it from my place at the table but it definitely smells good. A couple of trays are placed at the centre of our table.

Well, if this is what camp is all about then I’ve been missing out.

I lean forward and grab some chips and then I scoop up a handful of salad. Everything here just looks awesome.

I look around again and spot Devon and Jenny sitting at the other side of the table from me.

I cast them a grin, “So, what do you think?” I gesture around, “This place is pretty awesome, huh?”
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon May 06, 2013 2:51 pm
ChimeraMania says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry my post is so late, but I'll just start off at the dinner with everybody else.

Erina Rose

After having a wonderful conversation with Devon, who is totally cute. I wasn't expecting any guy to talk to me while I was here. I thought it'd be just me, some girls, and my guitar. But Devon is so cool. I can't believe he things guitars are cool.

I walk into the dining hall and see that Jennifer and I were almost the last two in here. I walk over there and grab a tomato as I see her getting cucumbers. Oh how I love tomatoes. I thought to myself.

"Hey." I say to her.

"Hey." She replies.

"How is camp so far?"

"Well pretty good, I guess. I'm keeping to myself. How was yours?" she ask me.

All I could to was smile. "Great." Was all I said. Why is Devon always on my mind? I ask myself. I don't think talking to yourself is doing any good. Ugh mental babble, annoying.

"Devon is cute." Just realizing I said it out loud, I blushed but acted like I ment to say it out loud.

"Yup, he is indeed. So is Chaise." She said. I walk away and go sit with Megan and Emma and some Ashlynn girl.

Not really paying attention to what Megan, Emma, and Ashlynn were saying, I saw Devon. Thinking you've been with him a lot, maybe you should give him a little space. So I look away and try to focus on what the girls where talking about, while eating my noodles. Who ever thought of a camp that serves noodles. Best camp every.

Feeling lost is the whole conversation, I look over a Devon who is going to sit by Jenny. I stand up and go back to my room to grab my guitar. Totally need to stop being shy about my music and play something for everybody I thought to myself, getting up my courage.
Last edited by ChimeraMania on Thu May 09, 2013 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon May 06, 2013 3:02 pm
NicoleBri says...

Jennifer Gray

Devon came back and started talking to me again, to be honest, I didn't pay much attention. "So?' he asks. I smile not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry, I just don't talk much to people." I say to him. He smiles blankly but nods. "I love your smile." he says to me. "Thanks." I say.

Looking over across the table I see Chaise just looking around, he looks over to me and Devon, I'm guessing he was talking to Devon,

"So what do you think? This place is awesome, huh?" he asks.

"I'd say so." Devon replies. I looked at Chaise and then at Devon, I felt a little dumb but I pitched in too, "This place is beautiful, and amazing people." I say.

Devon Turner

I walk back over to Jenny after talking to Swift for a bit. She didn't talk much but it was okay I guess. Chaise was sitting across from us smiling at how awesome this place was,

"So what do you think? This place is awesome, huh?" he says. "I'd say so." I reply. This place looked awesome. I walked over and sat by Chaise so we could talk, it seemed like Jenny didn't want company to much. "She doesn't really talk." I tell Chaise. "I bet she would talk to me." he says with a sly grin. "I had no problems talking to her." he says again. "Bragger." I say to him with a smile.

He walked over and sat by Jenny, they talked some and I walked over to see Erina. She sat with Megan and Emma but that was okay. "Nice guitar." I say and smile just a tad. She looks up at me and blushes. "Well hello." she says to me.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content