z

Young Writers Society

Camp Crazy (STARTED!/ Still accepting)

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed May 01, 2013 5:53 am
winterbites says...

I put you in the "Character" thing I made.
It would be great if you guys could maybe share thins around YWS.
I wanna get it going.
I want to at least have 8-10 characters, before I start, even if people play two.c
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Wed May 01, 2013 10:49 am
View Likes
LadyPurple says...

My Profile:

Name: Tamsin Locke

Age (15-19, unless you're one of the leaders.): 17

Appearance: (description and photo please!) She's about 5'4" and, well, looks like the picture that I hope posts. I suppose her hair would be light brown and her eyes dark blue. She's chubby.

Personality: Tamsin is fairly shy and introverted. It takes some time for her to get used to new (potential) friends. She's trustworthy and loyal. Although she is forgetful and impatient.

History: Her parents were busy working during the break so she didn't get to go anywhere cool this year on break. Her friends were all going to really awesome places and she was bored at home. So she begged her parents until they gave in and let her go to the camp.

Up for love: Sure!

Other: she is bisexual.
Attachments
tamsinlocke.jpg
Tamsin
tamsinlocke.jpg (6.21 KiB) Viewed 369 times
Last edited by LadyPurple on Thu May 02, 2013 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed May 01, 2013 1:27 pm
View Likes
ChimeraMania says...

Okay I so want to join, but I might not be on here all the time. I do have school and stuff so my weekends are mainly taken up by school work or band. Hope thats okay.
SHUGGS = SWEET + HUGS (It makes since in my universe.)

152 Reviews

Wed May 01, 2013 1:56 pm
View Likes
ChimeraMania says...

My Profile:

Name: Erina Rose

Age (15-19, unless you're one of the leaders.): 18

Appearance: (description and photo please!) Erina has gray eyes with a hint of brown. Short drown messy hair. She has a daddy's girl tattoo on her top left shoulder blade. She's 5'2', very short. (I can't get the picture on here)

Personality: She's crazy and not all that fashion forward. She kind and likes to make friends, but sometimes she likes to be alone. She plays the guitar and likes to play alone away from everybody. She's gets distracted very easily. She's shy when it comes to talking to boys, especially if it's one she likes.

History/ why your sent here: Her step father thought she needed to get out of the house and make news friends and even a boyfriend. Her mother just sat there not saying a word. To be honest she was happy to get out of there. She doesn't really like her step father, he tries to act too much like her father which will never happen. So she came to work on her music and, if she can, make friends along the way.

Up for love: Yeah she's defiantly single but shy. It may not seem like she up for it but she is.

Other: She likes the beach and is where she comes up with her songs.
SHUGGS = SWEET + HUGS (It makes since in my universe.)

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Wed May 01, 2013 4:21 pm
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

can we start yet? can we start yet? can we start yet? this will be totes awesome when it does start. So can we? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

Reviews: 1
Wed May 01, 2013 10:07 pm
View Likes
MrWinters says...

Name:Rory Alison

Appearance:Rory is about 6’3”, well built, and has an earthen shade of skin. His hair is dark brown, sometimes appearing to be jet black, and it often stands fluffed up, causing Rory to look like he was recently electrocuted. His eyes are a strange combination of multiple different colours, with one eye being predominantly blue and the other green. To match his often contradicting views, he wears a pair of sunglasses with one red and one blue lens.
(I’ll upload the picture soon.)

Personality:Rory is one of the few people blessed with empathic abilities, although he considers it to be a curse. He often takes on the mood of the people around him, but negative emotions seem to dominate. To avoid excess exposure to bad feelings, he tries to isolate himself from other people. People seem to dump their problems on him, and he finds himself unable to resist trying to help. Some people think he can act cold and uncaring, his friends know he is one of the kindest people on earth. Because of his “gift,” he normally has a slight pained expression on his face, but he refuses to admit it, even though the reality is much worse than it appears. Once he gets to know somebody, he will consider them to be a friend for life.

History/ why your sent here:Rory absolutely hates large groups, and a camp is one of his biggest nightmares. His parents, sceptical of his powers, decided that it would be a chance for him to meet know people and come out of his shell. They argued for several days about it, but in the end, Rory was forced to go.

Up for love:Although he is terrified of making close connections, Rory is still interested in finding the perfect girl. He sets his standards high and isn’t looking for any short-term fling, he wants the woman he can spend the rest of his life with.

Other:Rory is a very powerful empath, someone he can tell how others are feeling. He isn’t able to control his abilities, and any large crowd can cause him to freak out from all of the varying emotions. His powers are strongest whenever he makes physical contact with someone, in which case he generally freaks out from over exposure to their mind.
Spoiler! :
Basically, think of an empath as a telepath who can only read feelings and physical ailments. However, empaths not only read the emotions, but they also feel as if the feeling or pain is their own.

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Wed May 01, 2013 11:42 pm
Swiftfur says...

Profile:

Name: Swiftfur

Appearance: She's really tall, about 5'8" with long blonde hair and forest green eyes flecked with blue, hazel, and gold.
She also wears gloves and black boots with her outfits.She looks something like the blond haired girl in this pic, http://www.donmai.us/posts/999831?tags=shining_hearts only more realistic,if you know what I mean. Plus, she's one of those people who doesn't trust really anybody, because you never know when something might turn on you. That is why she carries weapons, in her case, a dagger that she tucks into her left boot.

History/Why you were sent here: Her parents were killed when she was only three years old, so she ran away from home and lived alone in the forest for six years.
When she returned, a human had been recruited/excepted into the clan.
Birchstar, her group leader, was angry at the humans for making them slaves, and declared war. Her sister, Lilypool, had gone with him, along with the human.
When a bullet was fired at the human, Lilypool pushed him away and took the bulet herself
Overcome with grief, she and her companion, Charm, set off for the human world. There, she was adopted by her foster mom at an orphanage.

Up for love Not really, but since her foster parents didn't want her to be single, she gave it a shot.

Other:
She was injured when her parents were killed. She has a long scar that stretches across her left eye, and is almost invisible in the day-time.
Last edited by Swiftfur on Wed May 08, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
You can't change the past, so live in the future, and choose your course wisely.

35 Reviews

Wed May 01, 2013 11:54 pm
winterbites says...

Thanks so much guys, I'm think of starting today, if thats okay with everyone. I just have to message someone.c:
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

46 Reviews

Wed May 01, 2013 11:59 pm
NicoleBri says...

Im DEFINITELY okay with it :D

- Ayn Rand

35 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2013 12:22 am
winterbites says...

Okays, good good!

35 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2013 12:37 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Spoiler! :
First Post!

Emma-May

Finally! I thought as we drove down the highway for Camp! Omg, it's going to be crazy! I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. "You're really looking forward to this, aye?" Mum eyed me in the review mirror. I nodded eagerly. "Now, I want you to be safe. Make sure you wear sunscreen and long sleeves, so you don't get burnt. And, no boys!" I zoned out after she said no boy's.

"... Yeah, sure mum." I rolled my eyes with a smile. "I'm gonna have so much fun." I beamed.

"Did you hear anything I said, Emma-May?” Mum laughed, "I want you to be safe. And-"

"Yes, mum! No boys!" I laughed cutting her off.

"I was going to say... Have fun. You really worked hard for this." I gave me a pleasing smile. "I love you."

"I love you too mum." I smile and lean forward to rub her shoulder. "It’s time to let go of your little girl." I added softly.

"You’re my baby...” She sighed, "Maybe it is time...” another sigh.

"Come on mum. Cheer up, we're almost there." I squeezed her shoulder lightly. I looked out the window at the beach. The water was as blue as ever, I smiled and pressed my forehead to the cool window. I'm Gonna be spending lot of time here, making friends. But, what if people don't like me? I frowned and rested my head on my hand. "What if people think I'm weird, mum?"

"Aww, baby, sure they wont!! You're so nice." I could tell she was smiling, by her voice.

"Thanks Ma."

Mum stopped the car and opened her door. I follow. "Now, you remember everything I said?" She grasped my hands, I nodded.

"Yes mum. Now, I need to grab my bag...” I shook my hands out of her grip. I walked to the back of the car and lifted the boot up. My black holiday bag sat in the middle of the carpeted flooring, I reached in and grabbed it out. "Well, good bye mum." I say while hugging her tight, "I love you. And, I'll be safe. Promise."

"Love you too, sweetie." She let go and waved. "I love you." I said again as I went up to the door of the giant house. I looked left; where the house ended there wave vines weaving around, what would be a fence. I knocked on the big wooden door and waited.

I girl, no, a really pretty girl around my age, maybe older answered the door with a smile, "Hey!" I said. Her blonde hair fell down around her face and past her shoulders, "Welcome, come inside! I'm Megan."

I walked in, it was so big and clean. There were a few other people in there, they were all happy faced.

"Hey, everyone!" Megan called, "This is..."

"Hi, I'm Emma-May." I smiled.

I have a feeling... I'm goning to like it here!
Last edited by winterbites on Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

46 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2013 12:45 am
View Likes
NicoleBri says...

Jennifer Gray

Packing my things, I slowly got them ready, I was a little nervous because I was about to be around nothing but strangers. "Jenny, come on we need to get you there by four." my mother yelled. I rolled my eyes at my mother and just kept packing. "Jenny! I'm serious! I got to go pick up Rick at 7." she yelled again. "I'm coming!!!" I scream back. Tears welted my eyes, In the back of my mind I just had a feeling Rick was going to hurt my mother while I was gone. I haven't seen him do anything to her, but I sense it.

Walking down the stairs I wiped my teary face and pulled my bags out to the vehicle. The drive was about 2 hours. "There it is." my mother said with a big smile on her face. I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car to get my things. "Looks like your not the first one here afterall." my mother said. Once again, I rolled my eyes because she was starting to get on my ever loving nerves.

After I got my stuff mother zoomed off like she just won the lottery or something, I walked up a few steps going into some main office type place. "You must be Jennifer Gray." some girl said. I looked around a little shocked that someone knew my name. "And you are?" I ask.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Devon Turner

Packing my bags didn't take long, I was so ready to leave this house. "Finally." I sigh to myself with a smile. Mother came to my room with a saddened face and asked if I was ready and I shook my head yes. "Momma, I'll be fine." I say to reassure her. "I just don't want you hurt Devon, mentally or physically. I don't want you going after no girl now." she says stirnly. I laugh at how my mother just assumes I'm going to go there to meet girls. "I'm going to have fun mom, not get with girls. You know I am not like that." I replied.

The car ride was long and silent. I was going to drive in my car but mother really wanted to drive me instead so I wasn't going to object. "Be careful baby." mom says to me. I shake it off with a smile and look out the window. Soon, I end up seeing the camp. "Awesome!" I say. Looking around I saw a beach, it was pretty. "Lookie there." mother said looking at the pretty waters. "I know right." I smile.

Jumping out the car I grab my bags, before I close the door I look at mother and say, "I love you mom. See you soon." She just smiled and waved so I shut the door and begin walking to the stairway of the beginning cabins, at least that's what it looked like.

- Ayn Rand

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu May 02, 2013 1:12 am
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Riley Anders

"bye mom!" I screamed over my shoulder as I walked towards a large building.

"Be safe!" my mom yelled back.

"Looove you!" I said stunning to face her. I blew her a kiss and she smiled climbing back In the car. My surfboard under my arm I walk up the steps into the building. A blond girl was sitting at a table, not much older than me, and looked up smiling as I walked in.

"Hi, you must be Riley." I nodded giving her the sweetest smile I could manage. "Your cabin in that way, have fun!"

I nodded and walked the way she directed me, pookie my small kitten trailing behind me. I walked up the cabin stairs leaning my surfboard up against the railing. I opened the door and inside sat a boy around my age.

"Uh hey," I said dropping my bag on the floor. "I'm Riley. "

"cool, I'm devon." I smiled sat down in the chair across the table. Pookie jumped into my lap curling into a tight ball. "That your cat?"

I nodded stroking her fur. I got up to find a kitchen so I could finally eat something after my 7 hour drive. I finally found it and made 4 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and brought it back out setting it on the coffee table.

"You hungry?" I asked grabbing a sandwich. Devon shrugged and grabbed and sandwich for him self they ate and both of thir heads shot up as they heard the door open again.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu May 02, 2013 9:02 am
View Likes
ToBeMe says...

Chaise

I jump out of the car and grab my bags, walking quickly forward to catch up to Neve as she trudges towards the buildings with a glum look on her face.

“Hey, Nevie,” I start, “Cheer up. You’d think you we’re walking into a slaughterhouse or something instead of a summer vacation.”

She scowls, “A winter vacation at some cheap camp while mum and dad are off parading in Spain, huh? Tell me, Chaise. Just how is that a fair trade?”

I roll my eyes at her little speech and put on an overdone air as I say, “And that’s not even mentioning the fact that we actually have talk to other people and spend time on the beach. Oh perish the thought.”

She reaches up and whacks me but I can’t help but laugh. The bit about her hating the beach may be a little overdone though. Back home Neve spent about as much time as I did on the beach. And It wasn’t any short amount.

“Come on just think of it as a fun thing to do. I’m sure it won’t be that bad.”
“Hey that’s what me and mum and dad thought about the Ice Capades last holidays to but you begged to differ.”

“Hey,” I start, “That was just creepy-“

She lets out a short laugh. “Uh huh, whatever you say, kid.”
When we come to the middle there are people there- supposedly the “leaders” (even though they can’t be much older than us) direct us to the cabins.

“The boys cabin is that way,” she points to one cabin and then gestures to the other, “And the girls is that way.”

I turn back to Neve for a second. “Hey, I know you’re kinda set against this whole camp thing but we’re going to be here all winter so you’re going to be stuck with these people. It wouldn’t hurt to just… y’know- try.”

She shakes her head, “ Whatever you say, kid. Whatever you say.”
We both walk off towards our cabins and I smile over my shoulder at my retreating sister before I push the door to the boys cabin and walk inside, standing in the open doorway for a moment as I take everything in.

There are a few beds, a couple of chairs and a small kitchen in the corner where there are two other guys sitting at a table and eating what looks like peanut butter sandwiches.

I grin. “Hey.” I wave a little awkwardly with my free hand as I walk into the room.
“I’m Chaise,” I drop my bags on one of free beds.

“What are we eating?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neve

I walk off in the direction of the “girls” cabin with my bags in hand. There are a few people already there, standing around and introducing themselves.

I stand at the door for a second listening as they all say their names and I take a few in.

The “leader” is Megan. One of the blonde girls introduces herself happily as, “Emma May,” and another girl walks over to the group and the name Jennifer is thrown around.

I take a step inside and must’ve made some sound because they all look up.

I stand there awkwardly for a moment, not really knowing what to say as the leader girl- Megan (Chaise said I should actually try here and addressing people by their actual names and not there titles would probably be a good start)- looks down at her list. “And you are-…”
“Nevada Aarons...Uh, just Neve actually… ”
A few are still staring at me and I hold my bag a little tighter. I have never really been as good at talking as Chaise is.

“Um… Hi?”

I look around the room and pick the first bed that I see, throwing my stuff down on it before I walk back over to join the others.

“So, what are we doing?”
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

152 Reviews

Thu May 02, 2013 1:21 pm
ChimeraMania says...

Erina Rose

Packing as quickly as I can, I almost forgot my guitar by my bed. I can't wait to get to this camp. I thought to myself.

"Alright now I don't want you talking to none of them no good boys now. You're a good girl and I don't want you coming back here with a new attitude...." I tuned the step-loser out as I finished packing all my stuff into my Toyota Camry. Thank got he bought me a car. I swear if it wasn't for this car I'd hate the step-loser a little bit more.

"Did you hear your father Erina?" Sighing deeply I answered unwillingly.

"Yes I heard." The step-loser I add to myself. I swear, again, the only time mother talks is when step-loser orders me around and she knows I'm not paying attention.

Still looking at me with evil eyes. "Okay mother I have to go or I'll be late."

Without waiting to hear any of their replies, I hope in my car and drove off as fast as my Camry would go. Once I made it to the red light five blocks away I put in my CD. Hearing my favorite group 2pm, I started singing along in Korean.

A few hours later and into the song Hands Up, I make it to the camp. Looking at the beach I just know some good songs will come from over there. I don't know where to part my car so I pull up to a building I swore I saw a girl walk in. I get out and get my bag and guitar.

Finally nervous I slowly open the door. My mouth drops open, there're really a lot of girls here. Wonder how many guys are here. I take a deep breath and move closer and for the first time they see me.

I give a little wave. "Hello I'm Erina." When nobody said anything I remembered my car. "Umm where should I park my car?"

"And what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
— Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland