z

Young Writers Society

Camp Crazy (STARTED!/ Still accepting)

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Mon May 06, 2013 4:00 pm
ChimeraMania says...

After getting my guitar I walk back to the girls and sit my guitar beside me. My act of courage in getting my guitar ended when I walked back into the dining hall.

Off the corner of my eye I spot Devon. He was coming over. Now I really don't want to play my guitar. I said to myself.

"Nice guitar." He said with a smile.

I blushed, totally not meaning to. "Well hello." I said. I wanted to slap myself, was that all I could come up with. We had a good conversation and all I could say now was 'well hello.' After he's been on my mind almost all day all I could say was 'well hello.'

He sits down beside me and picks up my guitar. Holding myself back from snatching my guitar, I put my hands in my lap. Just looking at him, I can tell he doesn't know how to handle it.

"Here." I said hold out my hands for my guitar back. He hands it over and just stares.

Feeling a little scared about playing in front of him, I breath in. Letting the breath out slowly, I strum an a cord. Then I strumming every cord I know. I closed my eyes and started playing the melody I played at the beach earlier.

"When I saw your face
I knew you were the one for me
When I saw your smile
I'd smile with you
You are so sweet and kind to me
And that why I like you
OOhh I like you

But I'd never could have told
You to your face
But in this song you can see it's true
That I like you a lot
And think you're really cute
I hope you're okay with me writing about you
But I'd just have to say that I like you

When I saw your face
I knew you were the one for me
When I saw your smile
I'd smile with you
You are so sweet and kind to me
And that's why I like you
OOhh I like you"

When I finished my song, I opened my eyes and looked up.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Mon May 06, 2013 4:33 pm
NicoleBri says...

Jennifer Gray

I heard someone singing and I looked over towards Devon and Erina. "Oh my god, she sings beautiful." I tell Chaise. He was in awe to about how awesome her voice was. Devon looked towards Chaise while she was singing and had a huge grin on his face.

Chaise and I got up, then we walked over to them and listened, Erina had her eyes closed so she didn't notice everyone had gathered around to listen.

Devon Turner

"Wow, that is amazing." I tell her when she is done. She looked at me a little startled at seeing so many people gathered around her. "Amazing." Megan said. "That is a great song." Landon replied.

"Did you make that up yourself?" Emma asked in surprisement. "Yes." Erina replies.
I just sat there and smiling, I hear the song go over and over in my head. "You sing and play the guitar amazing." I tell her.

Blushing, she looked at everyone. They all started clapping and she took a bow with a huge smile on her face.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon May 06, 2013 6:58 pm
Swiftfur says...

Swiftfur

By the time I got back to the cabin, I felt an overwhelming wave of sadness wash over me.
Charm noticed my expression and came over.
I guess she had gotten over what happened earlier.
"What's wrong?" She asked, her voice filled with concern.
I sighed.
"I can't explain it. It's like, this...this wave of sadness overwhelmed me as soon as I walked in the door."
Charm looked at me in surprise, her eyes as wide as wide as my fist.
"What?" I inquired.
"You can sense feelings."
"What do you mean?"
"You can sense other peoples feelings."
"Can't you do that too?"
Charm shook her head. "It has to do with being sensitive and attentive to what's around you."
I was stunned, and let me tell you, it take a lot to surprise me.
"I'm going to the beach," I mumbled.
"Want any company?"
"Not this time."
I headed out the door.

Sitting on the dock with my legs dangling over the edge, I stared out at the deep royal blue waves.
I decided to sing a song to pour all my sadness into it.
Winter Moon, that's a good song,
Taking a deep breath, I began to sing softly.

In the woodlands low, born of ice and snow,
there's a maiden weeping tonight.
Snow falls softly 'neath the winter moon

Forest bare and white, she dwells there by night
Listen to her cry sorrow's song.
Tears falls softly 'neath the winter moon

Breathless, icy, bright. Daughter of the night.
Oh, who do you cry for?
Keening softly 'neath the winter moon

Fuyu no tsuki, fuyu no tsuki, kanashimi utsusu fuyu no tsuki
Kogoeru fuyu no tsuki no yoru ni yuki no otome hana o mistuke ni
yuki ni umoreta sanrin no naka o tabi tsuzukena sai

Traveler passing through, feet all bare , his smile was true
His eyes shone with starlight
he walked softly 'neath the winter moon

Love made my heart soar, you're the one I've waited for
Stay with me forever
she cried softly 'neath the winter moon

In the snow he stayed, from my side he did not stray
My hands could not warm him
He died softly 'neath the winter moon

"You've got a beautiful voice."
I whipped around to see Cadel standing there behind me.
"Th-thanks."
He sat down next to me.
"What's that song called?"
"Winter Moon by Erutan."
"What other songs do you know?"
"A lot of them. Most are by Erutan." I pulled my iphone out of my pocket and turned it on.
The screen glowed to life, and I selected Erutan's playlist.
"You know all those?"
I nodded.
"Can you sing another one?"
I chose The Willow Maid and began singing it into the night.
Last edited by Swiftfur on Wed May 08, 2013 10:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
You can't change the past, so live in the future, and choose your course wisely.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Mon May 06, 2013 9:37 pm
onedarkhorizon says...

Can I be a female please? :)

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 pm
winterbites says...

Yes, you can.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 pm
View Likes
cm57105 says...

Before I knew it, without conscious thought I was joining in. It was one of my favorite songs, I knew it off by heart and her voice was melancholy yet beautiful. She accepted the duet without comment, our voices melding together untill they couldn't be told apart. It was like, I had a connection with her, somewhere inside of him he knew her.

The song ended on a soft note, long and drawn out. I sat in silence after that, tasting the cool breeze on my lips. Swiftur looked over at me, giving me a shy smile.

"I've got to go, see you round." And with that, the mysterious girl was gone.
If you don't have a trophy case that spins into a secret room with a press of a button, then your an idiot.

Need a review? You've come to the right person.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=188&p=1143828#p1143828

46 Reviews

Mon May 06, 2013 11:43 pm
NicoleBri says...

Jennifer Gray

After dinner, I walked to my cabin, it was time to take a nap. "Where are you going?" Chaise asked. "My cabin." I reply back. He took off after me, "Let me walk you?" he asks. "Uhh, sure." I say. We walked in silent for about a few seconds then he says, "So how is your night so far?" I shrug a little. "Ehh.. I guess it was okay."

I walked inside my cabin, waving good bye and good night to Chaise. No one was in the cabin yet but me. I sighed and layed on my bed thinking of the days events. I still miss my mother. I think to myself. Soon afterwards, I fell asleep.

Devon Turner

I took off out of the diner hall. I told Erina good night, then walked out to go find my bud swiftfur. "Hey Dev!" she said, right when I was taking a glimpse of her. "Hey swift. I miss us hanging out." I tell her. She smiles a little, "Really?" she asks. I nod my head yes.

We both ran off down to the beach, we wanted to sit in the sand and just talk about old times. "Remember that time you dared me to kiss you?" she asks. I laugh and say, "Oh wow, that was like ages ago. You haven't forgot that?" She shook her head. "No, why would I? I tried but you backed away like a chicken." I couldn't help but smile.

"I guess, goodnight?" I say while we get up and start walking back to the cabins. "Yes? Goodnight." she says.

- Ayn Rand

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue May 07, 2013 12:25 am
littleauthor says...

Riley Anders

I collapsed onto my bed as soon as I entered the cabin. I heard the door open but I didn't even look up, I was being way too lazy for 8:00.

"Dude, are you dead?" Devon said throwing his wet towel onto my face. I groaned and sat up throwing it back. He smirked and flicked the towel into a twist and snapped it at my back.

"Oh, HELL NO!" I said twisting my towel back too. I flicked his butt and we were soon in a all in towel smacking fight. Chaise walked in some where in the middle of it and joined in.

"Ladies please, calm your self's!" Screamed Megan from out side our window. We laughed and put down the towels.

"Megan, whats up?" I asked opening the door for her.

"Oh, just a little bonfire." Megan said trying to act bored. I smiled and ran and got my blanket.

"You guys comin'?" I asked as Chaise and Devon still stood in the living room. They smiled and got their blankets too and we left for the smell of smoke.

The girls already sat on logs around the huge bonfire holding marshmallow sticks. I sat next to Devyn. She looked cold so I wrapped my blanket around her and my self as we sat closely together. The other boys had gone to their cliques and they were all laughing a talking. I roasted Devyn a marshmallow and made the perfect s'more. She ate it marshmallow dripping down her chin that I lightly brushed away.

"Thanks," She said blushing. She was so pretty I almost couldn't believe that she could actually wanted to talk to me. I smiled and scooted closer, closing the gap between us.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue May 07, 2013 12:52 am
Craz says...

Devyn Garland

Devyn hunched her shoulders closer to the fire, still shivering feebly as the wind raked against her back yet again. Devyn wasn't made for the cold; she was already missing the warm Florida sun and the endless ocean on the other side of the continent. The fire did almost nothing to quench her chill; Devyn could have sworn the fire was purposefully hiding its heat from her, because the other campers only sported a light jacket and seemed completely fine.

She turned her head as a blanket found itself around her shoulders, and one good looking California surfer boy was grinning next to her, tucked closer than a guy friend would even dare. He already had a marshmallow going, and smashing it in her favorite combo of extra chocolate and a bare minimum of graham crackers, he handed it to her.

Her mouth exploded in gooey goodness, a huge and unladylike glob plopping on her chin. She was about to laugh (which wouldn't have been pretty, since her teeth had a fine film of melted chocolate) when Riley gently flicked it away with his thumb, his eyes made mysterious by the fire.

Oh Devyn, you're in trouble. "Thanks," she said, making sure to wipe her teeth with her tongue before she spoke. Heat kindled on her cheeks, and she became aware of the inches that had somewhere along the line disappeared. She looked into the fire, searching for a topic to save herself before she wrecked herself. "So, what else do you do besides surf?"
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Tue May 07, 2013 1:07 am
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Riley Anders

After Devyn asked if I did anything else than surf, I was a bit dumbfounded. Do I do anything besides surf?

After thinking I finally had an answer. "I'm the head of the middle school swim team."

She smiled and pretended to act like it was a big deal. I had to laugh as I started my self my own s'more. Pookie eventually showed up and curled up next to the fire as her orange fur seemed even brighter. I put my beanie on over my hair because of the wind and ate my s'more. Devyn had finished her S'more so I made another one for her as pookie chase the fireflies that had started to come out. I stood eating my s'more and grabbed at a firefly.

"What are you doing?" Devyn asked laughing.

"Catchin' fireflies." I said giving my s'more to pookie who gladly took it. I snatched at a fat one and caught it. I let it buzz around in my hand till I shoved it into my empty water bottle. Devyn stood and started to catch some too, the blanket still tightly wrapped around her.

"Your not made for the cold are you?" I asked laughing. She shook her head fiercely. "I'm not either."

"Then have your blanket," She said pulling it off.

"No, you need it more than me, I can survive." I said smiling. She nodded and jumped to catch a slow flying firefly. I looked over at my bottle to see it was glowing with light from the 50 fireflies that were in there. I smiled and climbed the tree near-by to get a better view of the scene.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

Reviews: 1
Tue May 07, 2013 1:24 am
View Likes
MrWinters says...

Spoiler! :
So sorry for the super late post, I've been under a lot of stress lately, but hopefully I'll be able to post more frequently now. :)

Rory

Camp Crazy I silently thought to myself, guess that fits me perfectly. I had arrived at the camp several hours earlier, but I never did actually try to find any of the other people.

When I had first arrived, I saw a few guys leaving a nice sized log cabin. Welp, guess this is gonna be home for the next few months. A large crowd was already forming at the beach, and I was sure that drama would inevitably pursue. After I was sure everyone was out of the cabin, I figured it was about time to set up my little nest. I never did really care to be on ground level, things were always calmer up high. I set up a hammock in the best spot I could find, just a few feet under the highest point of the A-frame roof, and a few smaller ones to leave my things on.

I spent most of my day wandering around the camp grounds, looking for the best hiding spots and just overall becoming acquainted with the basic layout. As expected, waves of excitement, embarrassment, and nostalgia overwhelmed me at constant intervals. So, it seems that some of these guys already know each other. Good, hopefully they'll stay with each other and avoid too much drama.
These waves of emotion continued throughout the day, and with a bit of eavesdropping, I had managed to associate the general feelings with most of the names by dinner time.

Presently, everyone was enjoying the soft warmth of a freshly lit bonfire. I had climbed up a nearby tree a few minutes before and found the perfect spot to lie down and rest on one of the larger branches. One of the girls, Erina if I recall correctly, was strumming her guitar, bring to life the wild music of an untamed melody. Everyone was thoroughly enjoying themselves, and for once I was actually at peace around a large group of people. Granted, they had know idea I was anywhere near them, or that I even existed in the first place. Still, it still felt good.

In fact, it apparently felt a little too good. I had lulled off to a quiet dream, forgetting all about the fact that I was still in a tree and the limbs weren't nearly as big as those of the mountain trees back home. My calm was shattered as a rolled off of the branch, falling right in the center of the cheerful ring, and only a foot or two away from the fire. Everybody panicked as they saw what most have looked like a crazy homeless guy fall ten feet out of a tree, and they were probably right to be worried. Thankfully, my pride was the only thing hurt from the fall. I was by far the best climber in the small mountain town I called home. Not that it meant much, most of the people there were at least sixty years old. Falling was not something I did much, and it almost never happened in front of anyone. Hopefully, nobody noticed my face turning beet red from embarrassment. Their concern almost overpowered me, but at the same time, it felt kind of good to be worried about in a weird sort of way.
I suppose I always did love grand entrances, and I can't do much better than this fiasco.
"Hey," I said, trying my best to appear nonchalant about everything, "I'm Rory."

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue May 07, 2013 2:04 am
winterbites says...

Landon

Emma sat at the table with me and a few other people. She ate her food in small bites, only finishing half. Cadel had left as soon as I came to sit with them. Obviously he knows where he stands. Emma didn't talk to anyone after she was finished. Megan and the other girl stood up to leave.

"Don't be up too late guys," Megan said. I though about that party Ash was talking to Emma about. I wonder if its still on?

"You going to that party?" I whisper in her ear. She shakes her head, no, "Why not?"

"Its unsafe and I-I don't know anyone there." She replied.

"Hey," said a mystery voice. I turned around to see a boy. Emma waved at him smiling. I don't know why I am getting so jealous over this. I sighed.

"So, no party?" I asked bitting my lip.

She shakes her head, "No, party. Lets go down to the fair... Together?"

"Yeah, sure, that'd be great." I say reaching for her hand. She hesitated then relaxed. .

I picked up on one of the guys conversations as we walked to the fair, "So, what else do you do besides surf?" Not that you'd be able to.

"Truth or dare?" I said the first thing that came to mind. The girls nodded, yes. Luna sat down next to a girl, then I sat down next to her.

"Okay, who wants to go first?" Devyn asked around the circle.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

46 Reviews

Tue May 07, 2013 2:20 am
NicoleBri says...

Jennifer Gray

I woke up from my nap, Megan had come to the cabin asking if I wanted to go join them at their bonfire. "Nah, I'll pass for today, thanks." I say to her. She smiles and says, "Well if you need something I'll be at the fire." then walks out. I get out of my bed and put my PJ's on. They were pink with all different color teddy bears on them. I wasn't the kind of girl to care what people thought of me.

I walked out of the cabin, with all my quietness I could do, which actually was a lot. Then snuck around the fire to go get me a drink from the bartender guy. He smiled at me after handing me the drink. "Why aren't you over at the bonfire?" he asks. "Alone time." I reply then wave at him as I left.

I took off towards the sandy beach, it was a pretty night and I went to lay out on my dry towel to look at the stars.

Devon Turner

Looking at everyone be so happy at the bonfire, I couldn't help but smile. Then some guy just falls out of a tree. "Grand Enterance." I say to him. He laughed a little and stood up greeting everyone. "Hi I'm Rory." he says. Everyone either hugged or hand slapped him with a greeting of their own.

I sat down beside Erina who was playing her guitar. She was beautiful in the moon light. Her eyes had this sort of glow to them. I look across the camp fire and Swift had found her someone, I think his name was Cadel. They seemed to be pretty into each other. "Good for you, Swift." I say in a low mumble.

- Ayn Rand

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Tue May 07, 2013 10:27 am
View Likes
Swiftfur says...

Spoiler! :
Ahhh! I need to catch up! I'm at school for most of the time, and when I got home, Sarah was working on her Latin until past nine. -.-
You can't change the past, so live in the future, and choose your course wisely.

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Tue May 07, 2013 12:04 pm
onedarkhorizon says...

Hattie Van Burghan

Appearance

Hattie has very wavy blonde hair with various different colours at the bottom; her eyes are a deep lapis lazuli. She likes to wear fashionable clothing but doesn’t obsess over shopping or manicures etc. She has a tanned complexion and very high cheek bones, she is also very athletic and has a fair amount of muscle mass.

Personality
Hattie is an Empath, a gifted individual with the power to interpret other people’s emotions whilst also feeling them herself. She is a very carefree, loveable person and believes that having an optimistic outlook on life can really get your through the day. Hattie is very easy to get along with and she doesn’t usually have a bad word to say about somebody. However, on the rare occasions when she does get irritated or insulted, she can be very passive aggressive and rude.

History/Why?
Hattie grew up honing her gift, since her mother was also an Empath. This granted her invaluable knowledge towards controlling her power, she isn’t in full control but she is getting there. Her father is a very wealthy attorney so she lives a very privileged life, however this hasn’t made her spoilt or mean.

Hattie was sent to Camp Crazy because her mother thought it was time that she socialised with somebody other than people who know about her ability. She felt that Hattie was becoming too comfortable with using her abilities in public so some time away from bad influences might do her some good.

Up for love: Hattie is definitely up for love, but she is very picky since she knows how guys feel most of the time. It makes her uncomfortable and embarrassed when somebody is feeling lust or overwhelming love.

"I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!"
— Feltrix