I really liked your post. hehe. ^^,

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Fri May 10, 2013 5:07 am
View Likes
Iggy says...

Michael Van Halen - Human.

As the beautiful woman continued to pursue a friendship with him, Michael found himself becoming more interested in Titch. In her past, about her dragon, about her personality, her interests, her love life.. Nope, that thought was quickly canceled out, scratched out, erased.

Michael tried to fight those feelings of interest in her, choosing to rudely ignore her and try to act as if she was invisible. But she smelt so good, and was very close to him, innocently twirling a faded red curl around her finger.

He caved. As he turned to speak, ready to answer all her stupid questions, she jumped up with a lit expression, as if she just remembered something, and dashed off. Disgrunted, Michael cursed under his breath and stared after the door she departed through, then shook his head.

His attention was directed towards the Official, who just sauntered in at that moment, and the older fellow, Marlon. Marlon labeled himself as leader, and while Michael raised an eyebrow (when did this happen and was the vote unanimous?), he was okay with it. Marlon was the eldest and seemed pretty wise for his age.

Michael was curious, watching as Marlon and Imara exchanged knowing glances and whispered words, then shrugged. It was their business, not his, and he didn't really care. At Marlon's orders, he got up and exited the room, missing Titch by a minute or two.

In his room, he grabbed up extra pairs of trousers and shirts, his throwing daggers, his socks and underwear, and all of his other necessities. He threw them into a simple woven backpack and slung it over a broad shoulder, then grabbed his sword and shealth, hooking it on his other shoulder.

Back down in the room where they all were previously, Michael slung his stuff down in an empty corner, knowing that no one would be stupid enough to try and touch his stuff.

Unsure of what to do, he leaned against the wall, his upper body hidden in the shadows. He figured that once Titch came inside, he'd try to speak with her, for real this time.

Spoiler! :
I shall give Titch and Deiven some time to catch up, then run into them. If anyone wants to chat with him, or if Marlon (Griffin) wants to give him orders, then go ahead, just don't take him out of character. He's a jerk, remember. If I ask you to edit your post, please do it. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 3
Fri May 10, 2013 9:02 pm
Pokit says...

Devien Luric~Elf

If I mess up anything with your character, I'm totally okay to fixing it. be harsh and real, seriously.

Fri May 10, 2013 9:37 pm
Pokit says...

Deiven Lurix% Elf

Deiven was searching desperately for his pack, someone had actually taken it when he asked. He needed to leave that place as soon as possible; Titch was not supposed to be there. He now fo und himself walking down a long hallway, and then another: lost.
He grabbed his hair with his fingers, and let out a stressful sigh. Maybe he could make the trip back home without food, anything to escape the rath of Titch.
He went on down the hallway, but on turning the corner, Titch appeared, as if fate hated him, she hated him more...not that she had a good reason, he he.
"T-Tich!" he leaned against the wall, and gave a nervous smile. Sweat begain from his forehead, and the mark she had given him earlier on the face, started to burn.
She breathed deeply, holding back an amazing amount of emotion, that not even a punch could show. She clenched her teeth. You'd think that she'd be sprinting at this moment, but it was as if her legs refused. So all she did was give him the worse, sinister look she could muster. Even one tear would show that he had won, won her a long time ago.
Awkward... "Hey, uh...Titch," he looked at the ground for a second then back up to her anger full eyes. Oh man, someone help me. "Um...you know, Its been a long time, uh since--"
"Since you ripped out my heart and stabbed it a hundred times with your glorious dreams, and better plans for life," she smiled, aggitated.
"Waoh," he stood back. "I never said--"
"No! You're right, you never did, you just left--without a word!"
"But I--" Deiven felt a firm shove at his chest, then Micheal stepped in front of Titch. His eyes showed he wasn't one to be messed with.
Seriously in fear for my life right now! "Hi--"
"Shut up, and go home."
"Uh," he rubbed his chest where he had be so harshly shoved, this was not his day. "You know, I was just trying to do that, maybe if you pointed the way out of this place--"
He pulled out a knife, even Titch was surprised. "Want to know my way?"
"...No thanks," you'd think he was crippled with the way he continued to walk down the hall. He continued rubbing his chest, "ouch."
Titch looked at Michael, then at his knife. She almost said thanks, when Michael said: "Death for him would have been a relief for us all."
Spoiler! :
I know Michael and Titch are not in love or anything yet...
Last edited by Pokit on Fri May 10, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Fri May 10, 2013 9:56 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Doe - halfling

Doe was hovering next to the faerie sprite and the dwarf Glumber, taking her own mental list of the supplies. She would go as soon as the list was finished to buy the stuff they didn't already have, and luckily it looked like they had a good set of basic supplies for the travel. They were about to be finished when the doors swung open, a loud voice booming, "Deiven of the Luric family!"

A tall pale shadow strode into the room, a bag most likely heavier than her strapped to his back. It was an elf, a peculiar one, that had a slash of black hair toppled on his head and eyes as dark as a still pond. Doe stared in surprise, and then in interest; she had never seen an elf that hadn't coddled his hair like a newborn child, or one that was quite as loud as he was.

"Hello, did I make it for the feast?" He said, his smile brimming wide. In an exaggerated gesture of exhaustion he plopped his bag on the ground and stretched his long arms above his head, cracking his neck from side to side. "Someone come get this thing," he waved towards the abandoned bag. He took a few steps farther into the room and glanced at her, a carefree smile pulling at the corners of his lips. Doe's eyebrows piqued and she blinked at him, but he was already moving towards the other elf named Roukin.

Doe waited as Glumber finished with the newcomer's belongings and said, "Can I see the list? I need to go and get the supplies."

Glumber handed it to her and Doe walked briskly to the gates of the castle, slipping through the streets to the market. The market was really clusters of thick throated men and women shouting in the ears of potential buyers, as if trying to scatter their brains into buying their merchandise. More than once had someone approached her about buying jewelry fit for a queen, and twice had she accidentally stepped on the feet of other buyers, who glared down at her as she spoke a brief apology.

Doe was not used to being bustled by multiple elbows, and she found herself like an ant compared to the hypertension herd of people. She managed to squeeze in front of a vendor owned by an intelligent looking man who was selling potions and healing equipment, and as he spotted her he said, "Best potions on the block! Anything you see here is for sale."

As she speculated over the medicine, the man spotted her inexperience like a hungry vulture. His smile became bigger, and once Doe had chosen what she would buy the vendor said, "Fifty coins."

Doe glanced at the tiny pile again, looking back up at him. It wasn't worth more than twenty five, and Doe wasn't a fool to pay for that much. Doe set her chin and looked him in the eye, replicating the poker face that she had seen around the market.

It turned out that Doe had a knack for bargaining, and soon she was heading back with sacks of supplies thrown over both shoulders and a coin purse with a remainder of two hundred and fifty coins left. I should have asked for someone else to come with me, she thought as she again readjusted the sacks as her back ached. When she approached the gate she asked for assistance from one of the guards, who helped her bring them back where the majority of people were waiting.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Fri May 10, 2013 10:22 pm
View Likes
onedarkhorizon says...

Titch Van Ro'Shay / Human

"Good for nothing--" Titch's voice trailed off mid sentence, she felt silly for letting that Elf spark a reaction out of her. However Michael had stepped in, all dark and authoritive-like. "Thank you." She muttered, her mood headed south.

Apparently Michael was back to his oblivious ways because he didn't reply. "Look, I know this isn't what you expected when you signed up for this journey. I for one am not a fan of drama, especially of the bitter ex kind." She squatted and folded her arms over her knees, her chin resting on her forearm.

Michael still didn't say anything but she could tell that he was looking at her from the corner of his eye. "Well, thank you again." Titch stood up straight and then began walking towards the largest crowd of people within the courtyard.

Across the grass she could see a small halfing being assisted by a guard, she walked over and smiled. "It looks like you acquired a lot and by the jingling of your coin purse, for a good price."

"Yes." Her voice was soft, but very quiet.

"I'm Titch. And you are?" Titch's eyes were watching every elegant movement as she went over the sacks that were now at their feet, probably making sure that she hadn't forgotten anything.

"Doe." It was another absentminded reply, she seemed deep in concentration.

"Well, Doe, thank you for getting all of this. It seems bargaining is your forte." Titch bent down and smiled brightly.

Random avatar

Reviews: 28
Fri May 10, 2013 10:55 pm
Hopkin says...

Slounder Bong~ Dwarf

Slounder Whacked the back of a very tall person, walking away he mumbled, “...Kids...” still chewing on his pipe he eyed the dark haired tall person and saw that it wasn't a person at all, it was an elf, but with black short hair, Slounder raised his bushy eyebrow his eyes widening as he looked him up and down, it didn't look like one, but sure enough it was one, tall and everything.
Slounder watched Glumber sound off words, he took out his pipe stared at it, then put it back into his mouth, got comfortable.

Slounder opened his eyes and jerked up, he had fallen asleep, “Wow, where were we?” he looked around confused.
“We have just finished listing.” Glumber was reading over the paper that the faerie had just written down the inventory on. “Alright Slound looks like we're be leavi'n soon.” Glumber put the paper down.
“Hey who was that elf thing? You know with the black hair? Didn't at all look like the other one.”
“Aye it didn't,” Glumber sat down thinking next to him. “Maybe it got ink poisoning and that's why its hair is like that.” they both chuckled.
“It was a boy right? And he did say that he was from the Luric family...these kids here are just so weird.” Slounder shook his head, “I don't know about elves but he seemed different.”
“I'd say, I bet his parents pretended that he was adopted.”
“Or they put him up for adoption.” they snorted then began to laugh at it, then at nothing. Slounder let Glumber have some of his pipe but he just coughed and gave it back.
“Don't know how you stay sane smoki'n that thing.” Glumber breathed out eyes watering.
Slounder shrugged and sucked in and let out a big ring of smoke, “See, it's art.” He watched a little satisfied with himself.

Roukin Luric~Elf

Roukin was trying to found his brother when he paused at seeing Titch, she started to help the halfling Doe, he didn't Particularity like halflings, he was brought up hating them, they were half, half elf and human, half of anything smart or pretty, most of all her hair was grievous to an elf, not as bad as his brother's hair, both still insulting.
He was intersted in talking to Titch, but he just sat and stared, then he noticed the medical stuff she got, he walked over and peered inside the bag.
“Hey, you can't get into that.” Doe said moving away from the other bags.
“Hmm, pretty good stuff,” he raised some bottles, “But it doesn't look like you know your way around.” it was actually all good, but Roukin didn't want to admit that, he should have been the one to buy all this stuff, he held up a bottle that was full of blue liquid. “How much did you get this for?” he wanted to see how much of a fool she could be pushed around.
“For less then twenty coins.” she took it away and put it back in the bag.
Roukin was surprised, “Are you sure you didn't steal it? Or was this shop owned by an imbecile, that bottle is full of savor fluid, worth more then fifty gold coins.”
Doe smirked, seemingly she was a very good bargaining. “I didn't steal.” she tied the bag back up.
Roukin didn't like how she acted so casual around him, she was less then him, she should know her place.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sat May 11, 2013 3:53 am
Iggy says...

Michael Van Halen - Human.

It was rather boring, sitting around while Doe took invetory and people sat around. Marlon was gone, Imara was no where to be seen. Come to think of it, neither was Titch..

His brow furrowed, Michael was quick to check in his stuff with Doe. A broad sword, a few pairs of trousers and tunics, three throwing daggers, a box of matches, and a sack of thirty gold coins. He was asked to hand over the coins, to add to the group fund, and he donated without complaint.

Done, he placed his bag by everyone elses and was about to go outside and see Pyre when a loud commotion caught his attention. In the loud range of voices, distinctly faint through the stone walls, he thought he heard Titch yelling, her tone annoyed and furious.

Moving quick, he found the human and a tall, dark haired elf facing off. Titch's eyes were flashing dangerously, her newly touched up curls cascading freely down her back, her tiny hands balled into fists. The elf was close to her body, his eyes anguished. It was clear these two had a history, more than likely romantic. Michael was quick to gather that this, this elf!, was putting moves on Titch. Titch..

He moved without thinking. A low snarl escaped his lips, and Michael took two large steps forward, coming between the elf and Titch. He shoved the other man away, his dark indigo eyes flashing murderously.

Behind him, he head Titch sigh and thank him and he stood protectively in front of her. She started to babble nonsense again, like usual, and Michael rolled his eyes, ignoring her and continuing to stare down the elf.

Then she was gone, to talk to Doe. Annoyed, he decided to deal with her in a moment, squaring up to the elf. "And you are?" He hissed quietly.

"Deiven." The elf responded, glaring straight into Michael's eyes. They were basically the same height, but Mcihael was much more broader than the skinny creature.

"Stay away from Titch, or I will break your face, creature." Michael said in a dangerously calm voice, then rammed his shoulder into the other's as he made his way over to Titch.

Catching her pale and slender arm, he firmly dragged her away from the mysterious Doe, giving the quiet woman an apologetic nod. Then he led the strange girl away from the crowds, away from Deiven's stalkerish gaze.

"Are you okay?" He murmured, a large calloused hand rising to gently touch her cheek, allowing himself a moment of concern for the woman he was curiously infatuated with.
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Sat May 11, 2013 3:37 pm
Hopkin says...

Ivy Lynch~Elf

Ivy had smoothly found her way around without any help, she was noticed by some, and a little ignored by others, but she didn't really care. She found Roukin, wasn't real fond on talking to him at the time.
She put her bag down next to some other ones when she had noticed one big one in particular. "Hmm." she picked it up, it was very heavy. "It's his alright." she scanned the people but didn't see him.
Ivy walked through the castle, she knew that it was his and that he needed the bag, she would find him eventually.

Ivy paused at seeing some human looking very angry, she stepped back and saw him Deiven. She smirked, getting into trouble with the girls no doubt. She shook her head.
Once the human left Ivy turned toward the wall and watched him walk past, she could now talk to Deiven face to face. She turned the corner and was met face to face, He had run into her.
"Ugh, what is wrong with you peopl-" Deiven jumped up as Ivy got up, he pointed at her, "You?!"
Ivy's smirk grew back, "Oh you remebered." she said calm and a little annoyed.
"B-but how? No, I'm leaving right now." he stormed past.
"Hey Deiven," he stopped, he didn't like the sound of that. " you kind of can't leave without this..." she held out his heavy bag.
"Oh, good you found it!" he reached forward, but she stepped back.
"Na, ah, you're not leaving this one, I'm going to make sure that you stay the whole journey~"
"You don't understand I need to get out of here." he almost whispered.
"Nope, you're not leaving, I know that Roukin is here, and he wont be too happy if you go."
"Uh, yeah he would, he would love it if I went, so I'm just going to be respectful to him and leave." he reached out again, she slapped his hand away.
"Well, rather or not he said anything, you would never be respectful to him, and rather or not you leave, you'll never survive without this bag."
"I don't want to fight you to get that back." he said staring at the bag that she had on her side.
"I know, but I'd love to see you try, again..." she said walking past. "But if you do, Roukin will hear about it."
He stood for a moment fidgeting, "Oh, for heaven sake just give it back!" he turned around.
Spoiler! :
Pokit just telll me if you want me me to change anything. ;)

Sat May 11, 2013 5:22 pm
Pokit says...

Spoiler! :
nothing needs to be changed, just make sure he's forced to go against his will--whoever takes over the departure of the journey, or whatever.
@Ignorance
make sure Deiven doesn't become too angry or emotional, that's not really him. He's a little scared of your guy at first, but through time he starts to push back a little.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 13, 2013 2:00 pm
View Likes
KeiPie says...

Leif Vex ~ Elf

"Thank you so much honorable dragon!" Leif dismounted Ahkrin feeling exhilarated from the flight. "I wish I had a dragon..."
The dragon nodded and smiled if a dragon could smile. Leif bowed and ran off to join the company.
"Let's get saddled up and grab our equipment," called Leif. "Marlon is on the way and we need to be ready to go."
People scattered and began shouldering their bags and saddling their horses or preparing the dragons. Off to the side, Glumber was snoring heavily, a piece of cake abandoned in his hand. Leif walked over and landed a strong kick in the dwarf's side. "Get up you slug!" Leif knew he was getting a little too cocky, but he now had the respect of most people in the company.
"What? Who?" thundered Glumber reaching for his ax.
"Easy there tiger," replied Leif calmly. "We're getting ready to go and you were sleeping. Keep alert bumble bee." Leif could tell that Glumber was not enjoying the names he was being given. Leif could only laugh to himself. It felt good to have some power.
"Watched your back, He walked away to prepare his belongings. He only had a small woven waist pack with his tools in it. He didn't understand why some people had entire trunks. They were going on a quest, not a vacation. There was really no need for extra clothing and Leif always had his leather armor on which reduced his items even further. And of course, Leif could always make himself more clothing if his wore out. He went over to the horse assigned to him, but only found a tiny pony. "This is crazy! I don't want a baby-horse. I wish I had a dragon." He rejected the pony and strutted importantly away.
"You," he poked Ayleth who had finished writing the list a while ago, already packed her bags, and sat playing with a harmless snake. "Can you gather the others. You're fast and you can scare them here if you turn into a giant or something." He grinned and Ayleth smiled back. He felt that the two of them would really get along well. They were the two smallest of the company, although she was much older, but they were alike in several ways.
"Sure," she replied. "I'll be right back." And she flew off turning to an eagle then into a dove and finally into a giant frog that landed heavily on the ground and bounced away. Leif grinned again then turned to check on the others. He wouldn't interfere with the humans or the halfling, he could tell they wouldn't respect him. The the dwarves were dumb enough and the elves were wise enough to respect him.

Spoiler! :
@Dakushau, maybe Leif and Ayleth could become really good friends or something... If that's okay with you :) Leif needs a friend.
“The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug.”
― Mark Twain

“You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.”
― Ray Bradbury

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon May 13, 2013 3:00 pm
Dakushau says...

Spoiler! :
@KeiPie: I was planning to have them became friends, so it's okay with me. :D
I'll write my post later when I can.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

Random avatar

Reviews: 20
Tue May 14, 2013 12:20 pm
View Likes
onedarkhorizon says...

Titch Van Ro'Shay / Human

Titch began pacing back and forth in front of Michael, she felt a little bad for putting distance between them but she was far too agitated.

“Yes, I’m fine. Thanks, again.” Her arms were folded and her eyes were looking across the people muttering and staring in their direction.

Impulsively, Titch stepped forward and hastily placed her arms around Michael; she embraced him for a brief second and then let go. “Sorry.” She mumbled.

“I-It’s fine.” Michael’s reply was brief, his eyes never leaving her movements.

An immeasurable amount of time passed before one of them finally spoke, and it was Titch. “It looks like everybody is getting ready to leave.” She appeared to have calmed down now, her usually optimistic presence rising to the surface. “So do you have a dragon?”

That seemed to make Michael smirk; he nodded and then signalled with his chin for her to follow him. Titch was intrigued, she slid her arm around one of Michael’s and clutched him tightly as they began walking.

Michael seemed to be shocked that Titch had gotten so close; she hoped that he wasn’t embarrassed.

After the brief walk to the dragon stables, she came across a few of them in the middle of eating; however J.P. was asleep at the back. Titch released her grip from Michael and walked over to the slumbering dragon; she knelt down and gently patted his snout. His silvery blue scales were glinting in the cracks of the wooden stable, the sunlight shining through.

“This is my—” Titch turned mid-sentence to see Michael looking up at a dragon, it was resting on an iron beam up above and its scales were as dark as the shadows.

“Pyre.” Michael turned to Titch after she’d spoken, “She is mine.”

“She’s beautiful.” Titch was amazed; it reminded her of a sleek, agile Jaguar.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue May 14, 2013 9:40 pm
View Likes
Craz says...

Doe - halfling

Doe was walking with the guard back in the courtyard when a human walked over, a bright smile on her face. She was beautiful, with chestnut hair that had brilliant strips of crimson and playful deep blue eyes that lit up when she spoke. "It looks like you acquired a lot and by the jingling of your coin purse, for a good price." She said.

"Yes." Doe replied.

The girl smiled again, a bit of white teeth flashing behind her lips. "I'm Titch. And you are?"

"Doe." Doe briefly recalled when she had named herself after overhearing a hunter and his son in the woods, the father exclaiming how your not supposed to shoot a doe. She was young at the time, and reasoning had said that if she was called Doe then no one would be allowed to hurt her. Of course it never worked, but she had decided that would be her name anyways.

The human Titch disturbed her thoughts. "Well, Doe, thank you for getting all of this. It seems bargaining is your forte." Titch bent down and examined the insides of the sacks. She was examining the various medicine bottles and other supplies when the elf Roukin walked over, peering into the more delicate materials.

“Hey, you can't get into that.” Doe said, moving protectively to the bag. The elf ignored her and lifted up a few bottles which glittered in the sun.“Hmm, pretty good stuff, but it doesn't look like you know your way around. How much did you get this for?” Roukin said, scrutinizing the bottles.

This wasn't the first time Doe had dealt with the more pride driven elves. Actually, she preferred to avoid them at most costs. They were the coldest to her, and looked down on her both literally and figuratively. But for some reason, she didn't feel any of the usual foreboding.

“For less then twenty coins.” Doe said, grabbing the bottle out of his hand and placing it carefully back into the bag.

“Are you sure you didn't steal it, or was this shop owned by an imbecile? That bottle is full of savor fluid-worth more then fifty gold coins.” Roukin exclaimed, an incredulous look on his face. Doe smiled slightly, amused that she could throw him off.

“I didn't steal.” She said softly, pulling the stings on the bag shut. Titch, who was taking the place of the guard that was helping her, was suddenly dragged away by another human. Doe turned from Roukin and watched them curiously, and the other human gave her a slight nod in apology. Doe nodded back but the human had already turned around and hadn't seen it.

Doe looked down on the bags in forlorn, her back reminding herself of how small she was and of how big the bags were. There was a pause and then Doe turned quickly towards Roukin, blinking the sun that had settled behind him out of her eyes. "Do you mind if I ask you to help me?" She said.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

Random avatar

Wed May 15, 2013 3:12 am
View Likes
Hopkin says...

Roukin Luric~Elf

Roukin was taken aback, the halfling had just asked for his help, what was she thinking? Asking an elf of all people, she should know that was one of the worst things to do. Roukin pursed his lips and looked at the big bags, they did look really heavy, he wondered how she even carried them all the way back.
"I will of course help anyone, when I can be of assistance to them." He bowed and straightened quickly, he had just bowed to a halfling, this of course turned into a stiff and glaring look.
He shook his head a little annoyed and picked up one of the bags, it was pretty heavy and delicate, full of glass bottles. He thought about starting a conversation but he didn't want to. Being seen with a halfling was a disgrace, but he knew that he would have to be, she would be on the journay just as well.
He picked up another one without thinking and carried both of them on his back, he gave her a look, "Well?" where was he to go with the bags?

Being a hero doesn't mean you're invincible. It just means that you're brave enough to stand up and do what's needed.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena