z

Young Writers Society

Elemental Lords

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:29 am
View Likes
sylverdawn says...

*My last few story books never took off. Would greatly enjoy it if this one did.*

Plot: Aeginea, the Endless City, was once considered a paradise. A beacon of civilization that shone into the Blasted Lands. Watched over by the benevolent eyes eight Elemental Lords, and their mythical companions. They sought to heal the Blasted Lands, to restore the world to what it was before the chaos and destruction of the Last War. But nothing shines forever.

Then it all ended. One by one the Lords were assasinated, only after their deaths did the culprits come forward. They had been the closest friends to the Lords, and had been blessed with powers and lifespans beyond mortal comprehension. And now, they ruled the city. Each of the conspirators took charge of one of the eight districts. And the Endless City became just one more part of the Blasted Lands, a place where might made right, and immortals ruled with an iron fist, the sharp bite of steel, and the cold kiss of the grave.

Time passed, first months, then years, then decades and centuries. People came to terms with their new reality. And the golden age of Aeginea faded from the mists of time and into the realm of myth and legend. This was the way things were and the way they would always be.

But twenty years ago, everything changed. The Elemental Lords were reborn. Young gods cloaked in mortal flesh. Would they try to reclaim their thrones, or scarred from betrayal would they walk away from the duties of their past?
----------------------------
Rules: The usual rules apply, no god-modding, no killing off characters without permission, etc... etc... The characters have yet to master their elements, some of them may even be unaware of their powers.
----------------------------
Characters: Please follow this character profile.
Name-
Age-
Gender-
Element- (this is if your one of the lords, you could always be a bad guy)
Appearance-
Personality-
History-
Other-
-----------------------------
Character List: In order the elemental lords, titles, elements, companions, and then whoever claims them. I'm not sure about some of the companions, if you come up with a better fit for your character feel free to change it. One thing, each element works best with its opposite.

All slots are currently taken.

Sunlord- Fire- Dragon- Mari, Carina
Sealord- Water- Water Horse (can shapeshift, fly, transform into mist)- Klark, Aquestioning
Skylord- Wind- Griffin- Kyris, sylverdawn
Stonelord- Earth- stone wolf (shapeshift, swim through the ground)- Ekroth, Dakushau
Shadowlord- Darkness- Hell Hound- Thea, therealme
Stormlord- Light (or sometimes lightning)- Thunderbird- Aquestioning
Voidlord- Space- ?- Redfang18, Andros
Timelord- Time- ?- Dante, Relm
Last edited by sylverdawn on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:48 am
View Likes
KingLucifer says...

Name- Relm Solidor

Age- She can appear to be as young as fifteen, sometimes as old as fifty, but in reality she's 17

Gender- Female

Element- Timelord - Has no companion.

Appearance- is a short girl with pure black hair, her skin is a golden tan, her piercing black eyes and and rough attitude make her one of the meaner of the lost ones. She wears long sleeve deimin white shirt with solid black dickie pants, she wears her solid black blazer on her right shoulder letting it cover her arm.
Spoiler! :
cute-girls-digital-girl-487804.jpg
This is Relm
cute-girls-digital-girl-487804.jpg (7.77 KiB) Viewed 2423 times

Personality- Relm is shy, really shy, but she likes to speck up to and say whats on her mind, she tries to prove intimidating to cover up her shy nature. Which works normally but there are others who can see right though her act, in her off time when she isn't busy with friends or family, she tends to listen to music as she reads. But when her friends are in trouble she's always there to help bail them out of trouble, the shyness seems to peel right off her during this and loyalty shines though for her.

History- Relm is able to remember her past life as the Timelord, Lady Bianca, in fact she was the second to last Lord to be betrayed and killed. The last one to be killed was her husband, the Voidlord, Relm can sometimes feel phantom presence of the blade that killed her back then. Relm remembers it all, the betrayal of her closest friend, she vowed vengeance against her old friend.

In her new life, she has made constant practice of rewinding, fast forwarding, slowing, and even stopping time itself. She uses her power to bail out her friends she's come to know around her and even using it to set people up that she doesn't like. She's often seen as weird or scary, because of this and people learn not to mess with her, she eventually ended up in an orphanage and met up with Kyris when she eventually found out, they were not to far off from knowing each other...

Other- You're Not Alone
Last edited by KingLucifer on Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

66 Reviews

Tue Apr 23, 2013 3:53 am
sylverdawn says...

name- Kyris (meaning Spark)
age- 18
gender- male
element- Wind, known as the Skylord, his companion is the Griffin.

appearance- http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7dh7 ... o1_500.jpg

personality- Kyris is well suited to his element. He tends to be somewhat capricious, and he's given to sly pranks. A hothead, he often charges head long into a situation without a plan or a thought to the consequences, often just making a larger mess out of things. But his heart is in the right place and Kyris would do anything for the people he cares about. Kyris has little to no fear of death. He has a reckless courage and a boundless curiosity, and is forever getting into one scrape or another. Kyris is a wild child, he obeys no law but his own.

history- Kyris came into his powers quite early, at the age of four. His father who was abusive started laying into Kyris, and when his mother tried to protect him he turned on her. Seeing his mother hurt broke something inside Kyris, a blast of wind erupted from him. Tearing the house to pieces. Unable to control his power, both of his parents died in the destruction. Kyris has carried an enormous guilt about his mothers death ever since.

Orphaned and alone Kyris was taken in by a woman who looked after street kids. Helping them try to make something of themselves. Eventually a wealthy merchant in favor with the Districts Sovereign, decided he wanted the land the Home was built on. He set out to ruin the Orphanage.

By that time Kyris was nearly grown, and when he saw his home and family in trouble he decided to do something about it. He started stealing and donating the money anonymously. Ironically enough the man he keeps stealing from is the same one who keeps trying to ruin the orphanage.

other- Up for love
Last edited by sylverdawn on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

novel.php?id=1157

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:15 am
Omni says...

I'll take a stormlord. Do you have a DT up?
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:09 pm
Redfang18 says...

Name: Andros Rifter (Street name: Wormhole)

Element: Voidlord

Companion: Snow leopard

Appearance: Slightly muscular for his age. Thin waistline with muscled arms and near golden skin (not too dark of a tan, but not too pale of a complexion either). His hair is black with blonde highlights like stripes (top and bottom completely, the black hair is natural). His eyes are sky blue.

Personality: In his past life, he was bold enough to stand up to even the Shadowlord in an arguement he knew he couldn't win. Around the Timelord (his beloved wife), he was a kind-hearted man. In this life, he's quiet as a mouse, but that's only when he's alone. Among friends, his former boldness rears its head and shows the enemy he means serious business. He has a hot temper that can get in the way of his thinking and only someone who knows him well could calm him down when he's bound to have one of his temper episodes.

History: His name in his past life was Rex Solidor, husband of Lady Bianca. When he heard of the betrayal, he tried to reach Bianca in time to safe her, only to have her die in his arms. He was the last of the lords to be killed, although his heart was broken before he was killed. The memories of his past life are brought to him in the form of dreams, although he remembers a little at a time.

In this current life, he's practiced the skill of telelporting by means of spacial wormholes. However, Point B has to be a place he knows of. He was an orphan and a modern-day street rat. He had to steal food every night to keep himself living. Although he's among friends now, he still has the occasional bad case of sticky fingers. He's quick with his fingers, but a tad slow when he's mad. He's actually a master of using wormholes as a means of escape and transportation, which makes him an escape artist and gives him the self-made street name Wormhole.

Other: N/A
Last edited by Redfang18 on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:28 pm
Iggy says...

Dibs on Sealord! :D

#Poseidon.~

Question. Are all of the Lords male, or can some be females if they choose to?

Another one: Can there be slots for commoners too, just regular human beings?
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

66 Reviews

Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:05 am
View Likes
sylverdawn says...

Yes lord can be girls or guys. And you can also have normal character, only restriction being that they have no elemental powers. You can even be one of the bad guys, an immortal traitor. Also Relm shouldn't know Kyris is a lord yet, he almost never uses his powers.

novel.php?id=1157

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:30 am
KingLucifer says...

That part is to happen in the SB, she's supposed to find out he's a Lord during the SB.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

66 Reviews

Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:38 am
sylverdawn says...

Alright we can start once everyone has their profiles up. My last few storybooks died before they even got started so I'm on edge. Also I'm changing Kyris's element. He is going to be the Skylord. Also it's important to remember that the Stormlord wields the element of light. I know the name is somewhat misleading. Time and Space, do have companions, I just can't figure out what they would be.

novel.php?id=1157

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:13 am
davidechoe13 says...

Name: Hunter Barns
Element: None, Normal.

Appearance: Just a little shorter than average, short ginger hair, normal in appearance easy to forget.

Personality: Hunter is often distracted by other things that have no connection with what is usually going on, he is insensitive and makes a lot of stupid jokes. He is usually a cool guy to be around except when he gets mad. When he gets mad he becomes darker than usual, and he becomes very clever. Hunter is also smarter than what he usually lets on.

History: Average. He grew up in a normal family, too normal for his liking, he always waited for something to happen but it never did, while most people that he was around thought normal was cool, Hunter couldn't stand it. Finally at 16 he left home to explore the world around.

Other: N\A
Think of the vastness of a story, What happens when the main character is not around?

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:18 am
therealme says...

omg could i please reserve the shadow lord?! :D this is so cool. I will post my character tomorrow.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:57 pm
NicoleBri says...

I would like to be a normal person. Human. Not a bad guy though.

Name- Jinny Bloom

Age- 17

Gender- Female

Element- None.

Appearance- Jinny has dark red hair with sparkly brown eyes. She is medium height. Real Skinny.

Personality- Jinny loves to be around people, she hates quiet. Either situation, you still see a smile on her face. She can always give off a positive wave from her because she is almost always happy. When she is mad, believe me, you'll know. She starts off a squeaky yell and then it gets louder, but that is rare.

History- Her life has been quite good to her. She grew up an only child because after her, her mother couldn't have anymore kids. Her dad was a preacher for about 40 years then he got cancer, and died 2 years afterwards. She still finds it hard to cope because her dad was her world. They were super close, but she has to go through life and try to at least be okay because her mother really needs her.

Other- She wears a Crystal necklace everyday for the past years since her dad died. Also she is up for love if she could ever find it.
Words are a lens to focus one's mind.

- Ayn Rand

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:56 pm
Omni says...

So, could my character be on the bad side.

Also, I made a DT for this: viewtopic.php?f=200&t=97737
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:55 am
therealme says...

Name- Thea Dïnev

Age- 17

Gender- Female

Element- Darkness (Shadowlord)

Companion- Hell Hound

Appearance- Thea's hair is dark and her eyes are a bright piercing blue. Surrounding her eyes are long dark eyelashes, which make her eyes stand out even more than they already would. Her hair is mostly straight and falls gracefully down to her waist. She usually keeps it out because she can never be bothered to do anything with it. Thea's skin is very fair and she has a slim figure.
Her signature style deep red lipstick and a nose ring. She is very beautiful and attracts a lot of male attention, normally against her will. Unlike the other girls her age, Thea can never be seen in a dress. She prefers to wear dark jeans and vibrant winter colours such as navy blue, blood red, dark emerald green, black/grey, etc. She sort of looks like this... without the tattoos (or should she have tattoos?):
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

Personality- Thea is very rebellious and has a habit of disobeying orders. No one can tame Thea's adventurous heart. Though she is a very wild natured person, she is also very kind and caring. Thea is sensitive on the inside and quite the opposite to what you think she might be (being the Shadowlord n’ all). She has a good, strong conscience but lacks confidence. Thea is nothing like the rest of her friends, and in this way she feels awfully alone most of the time. She is probably the warmest, nicest person you could ever meet and rarely ever gets angered by things. When she does get angry though she loses complete control of her powers, and all of hell is unleashed (be warned).

History- Thea knew she was different ever since she started seeing ghosts. She still doesn’t know who or what she is, and tries to use her element as little as possible. Whenever she uses her powers bad things tend to happen and she’s scared of what she can do. Over the years as she’s grown older she has discovered other powers of her element such as being able to see in dark and turning off lights without using a switch. These are the only powers she knows about.
Thea lives with her parents in the urban lifestyle of District Eight. They don’t have much money and she rarely ever sees her parents because they’re always working to try and pay the rent. Thea doesn’t have any siblings. She started accessing her powers at the age of six and has been avoiding her element ever since. Thea has many friends and is quite popular around her home district, yet she feels like no one fully understands her.

Other- Up for love! She needs a guy who can trust, understand and not be scared of what she can do.
Last edited by therealme on Thu May 16, 2013 11:40 pm, edited 11 times in total.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

66 Reviews

Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:43 am
View Likes
sylverdawn says...

Thanks for the DT, I'll give it a few more days for people to post profiles and then we can start. Also it might be difficult for an Elemental Lord to be a bad guy. Since y'know they'd be working for the people who killed them. Still, if you can figure out a way to swing it I say go for it. It'll add spice to the story.

novel.php?id=1157

In any free society, the conflict between social conformity and individual liberty is permanent, unresolvable, and necessary.
— Kathleen Norris