z

Young Writers Society

Elemental Lords

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Wed May 08, 2013 7:56 am
sylverdawn says...

*I'm going to try and draw all the lords together. In case anyone is wondering Kyris was the first of the Lord's to die.*

Kyris, the Orphanage:

After Relm and Kyris returned to the orphanage he decided to take a quick nap. After all, he had a long night ahead of him. Grinning Kyris chuckled, Relm hadn't changed at all she still acted like his annoying big sister. And it was still fun to tweak her nose. The day had been full enough to exhaust Kyris, and he was only sleeping for a few hours, but it still made him uneasy.

When he closed his eyes, just like always the dream was waiting for him.

Abidas shied backwards from the sudden brilliance as a torch flared to life. After years held in the dark earth, away from the sun and sky, the light was nearly blinding. When his shackles were removed he flinched and scrambled back into the concealing shadows. In the past he might have fought them, tried to escape, no longer.

Like the wind that was his element Abidas was a wanderer. Often taking off for long periods of time without telling anyone. So when he had dissapeared involuntarily. No one noticed, no one thought it was strange. How long had he been down here? He wondered. Years? Decades? It didn't matter, his faceless tormenters had finally suceeded in breaking him.

"It's been five years Skylord. And you're right. None of the other Lord's ever noticed you were missing.They never heard you, no matter how loudly you called. They never heard you scream." That cold drawl was the telepath. With the barriers that once protected his mind sundered the man free to take all the knowledge Abidas had of the other Lord's security. And leave nightmares in his wake. Abidas' once handsome form was covered in scars and burns, bones broken and healed wrong.

As the first licks of agony began to eat into the broken shell of his body the last words he heard were from his best friend and right hand. "Don't worry Val, you won't be lonely for long. We'll make sure you have company soon enough."

Abidas tried to speak, to call out to the others to warn them. But he couldn't beforehis world became one of fire and pain. Mind bending, soul searing pain that left him wishing for only one thing. To die.

"Kyris, Kyris wake up... You have to stop screaming." Someone was shaking him, calling to him desperately along the mental pathways the Lord's had once shared. Dimly he registered other voices, faint distant whispers, compared to Relm's strident tone. He opened his eyes to find her cupping his face, her eyes filled with tears. Kyris leaped away from her as though burned, realizing that as the timelord Relm had just relived his past with him.

*So I figure the other Lords could have sensed Kyris' relived pain and tell the direction it was coming from, or something.*
DANCE- Like no-one is watching
LOVE- Like you've never been hurt
SING- Like no-one is listening
LIVE- Like it's heaven on earth.

Please read and review my novel. The title is Fireborn. Here's the link.

novel.php?id=1157

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Thu May 09, 2013 5:52 am
Omni says...

Kyria Silverdane

Everything felt clumsy as I walked down the stairs. Something seemed different about ... everything. The walls looked different. The stairs looked different. But Kyris and Relm? They changed much more?

I felt like I could see them in a different light now as I walked up to them. Kyris was shrouded in bright purple and Relm had some kind of mirror like color around him. Maybe the stuff I was writing with messed with my brain a little bit.

"Kyria, how nice to see you," Kryis said.

"I saw you two out here, thought something happened so I came to check out what's up." I said, amazed by the colors around them.

Relm sighed and walked past. "It was nothing."

I looked back at Kyris. "Sorry, it isn't mine to tell." With that, he walked into the orphanage.

I looked down at my chest, absentmindedly feeling the place closest to my heart.

It- the dream- felt so real. It didn't feel like a dream. More like a flashback of some kind. But, I knew none of the people in that dream, so how could I have a flashback about someone else?

I sat down on a small bench to the side, underneath a large tree, and looked up at the waning moon. Nighttime was never a time I liked. I always preferred to be out during the day, to soak in the sun and all it has to offer.

Have you ever just stopped and thought about the sun and how much life it gives us? I'm sure some people do, but how about how much death it gives us? People die from sun radiation everyday, and the sun is extremely far away. If the atmosphere wasn't around, we would all be dead from various reasons, but the sun being one of them.

I clenched my fist. The sun is powerful. Its energy is a force to be reckoned with, a force capable of killing planets and turning entire solar systems to dust.

Turning my attention to the orphanage, I looked at it with somewhat of a longing, but I don't know for what, it was and always will be my home, no matter how far away I am.

I heard a scream and looked around. No one was about. Then my mind pounded with pain. Not my pain, someone else's. It was the kind of pain only rivaled by death. Maybe it was death. I felt and overwhelming surge to grasp the power of the sun and burn down everything in sight. Then the vision started.

It was two people, one a man and the other indistinguishable. The man was in chains. Somehow he felt ... familiar. They started talking to each other, and emotions wafted from the man. The other had no emotions. Just a cold, hard shell of someone, or something.

I could not hear the conversation, but the outcome was the same as my dream: Death. Death and agony.

Another scream brought me out of the vision and I saw a light flicker on in one of the top bedrooms. Kyris.

I ran up the stairs to the top floor without another thought. He had some explaining to do.

Spoiler! :
Questions? I'll answer them in the DT.

Also, total coincidence about our names sounding so much alike.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu May 09, 2013 11:01 pm
KingLucifer says...

Relm Solidor - Orphanage Top Floor

That was painful, no other way to describe it, I saw what Valentine had gone though in his past life before he died. It was just downright painful what I saw, geez and I thought I died a bloody death in my past life.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I think, I'm alright." he said.

"You think your alright?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I'll be fine," he said pushing himself so he was sitting up right.

I didn't see any blood on Kryis, which was good to see, I breathed deeply and get back up and strech. The orphanage was old, wooden floors nice beds and a great view and what not, that's when I heard someone coming up the stairs. It was Kyria, she came into the room looking like she was riled up or something.

"What, was that," she said.

"What was what?" I asked.

"The pain, it felt like I was dying, the visions what is going on?!" she demanded.

"You felt it?" Kyris asked.

"Yeah, and I heard you two screaming and you two must have felt it to didn't you?" she asked.

"Yes, that can only be one thing, your one of the Lords Reborn ain't you Kyria?" I asked.

Before Kyria could answer, I heard Mother Anne call from downstairs.

"Relm, there is a man down here who says he knows you!" Mother Anne called.

"Coming!" I called back.

I ran to the door but turned back to face Kryis and Kyria, "you two figure out what's going on, I'm going to see who's here for me." I said.

I walk down the stairs quickly, leaving behind Kryis and Kyria, Mother Anne was standing at the front door. There he was, standing in the door way my heart hammered in my chest, my passion for him was still there. I still loved him. I continue down the rest of the flight of stairs and threw myself into his arms, my tears began to flow, regardless of any issues that I may have with him, he was still my husband.

"I've missed you so much, I'm so glad your alive Rex." I said.

"I, just started to remember Bianca, started to remember the past, I remembered you after I first saw you again." he said.

"I've remembered you since I was first born in this new life, I've sought you ever since I could remember," I said.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon May 13, 2013 5:11 pm
Redfang18 says...

Spoiler! :
Hey, folks. I just found out that out of all of the Lords reborn, Andros is the eldest and Kyria is the youngest. Am I the only one who knows about that?

Andros "Wormhole" Rifter~~~~~The orphanage

I held her close, feeling her tears soak up my shirt. Guilt swelled in my chest at her words. She knew me since she was reborn while I just found out about myself. She waited her whole life for me and I was slow enough to keep her waiting. In spite of my guilt, I still loved her because we were wed in our past lives and we wouldn't let death do us part again. I kissed her head and said, "I'm sorry to keep you waiting like that. If I had remembered sooner, we'd already been together again by now."
She led me to the others. It was obvious that I was the eldest of the group, being born twenty years ago. When I turned to Bianca, she slapped me across the face.
One of the others snapped, "What did you do that for?"
I raised a hand, wincing, and said, "Don't anybody defend me for it. I deserved that for stealing from her. Over the years, I get the bad case of sticky fingers, but after the stunt I just pulled a while ago, I deserved it." I rubbed my bruised cheek, still wincing in pain but taking it like a man.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

378 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 15, 2013 1:38 pm
Omni says...

Kyria Silverdane ~ Orphanage

"You felt it?" Kyris asked.

"Yeah, and I heard you two screaming and you two must have felt it to didn't you?" I asked, my mind still reeling from the pain. It felt so real, and it was not unlike my dreams. Maybe they knew what was going on...

"Yes, that can only be one thing, your one of the Lords Reborn ain't you Kyria?" Relm said with a small smile on her face, or a frown, I could never tell with Relm.

The Lords Reborn. I learned about that from a couple of smart people from the bakery down the street. It was the legend that the Lords could never die and that they would be Reborn as someone that no one cared about. But that was all that was, wasn't it? Just a legend, a myth to cause some kind of hope among people?

What if she was right? What if I was a Lord? I absentmindedly touched the inside of my right wrist, where my tattoo of a dark circle with lightning bolts inside of it. It was the tattoo that my pet bird had given me the day I had touched it. Dart, the light hawk, a very dangerous bird indeed.

There had been stories about the Stormlord having the same kind of bird, and that that species of bird is incredibly rare. But am I the Stormlord Reborn? I couldn't be, could I?

Before I could respond, Mother Anne called Relm downstairs, much to Kyris' and my own objection. "Relm, there is a man down here who says he knows you!"

"Coming!" She said, and with a short look at me, she nodded, "You two figure out what's going on, I'm going to see who's here for me." With that, she dashed out of the room.

I turned towards Kyris. "Do you believe her? About the 'Lords Reborn' thing?" He said nothing. "She's crazy, right? I mean, that's just a legend, a myth. Isn't it?" He looked down. "Kyris, it is a mith, isn't it?"

"Is it, Kyria?" He whispered.

I looked at him incredulously. "You can't be serious about this..." Then I stopped as I saw what he was looking at: The small tattoo on the back of my forearm.

"Your bird only attaches itself to the Stormlord, Kyria." It was my turn to say nothing. "How long?"

"Two weeks. Right after I found out that I could control lightning."

Relm cleared her throat, somehow behind me at the entrance of the room, her arm locked around a man who looked a little older than her. "You can control much more than that, if I remember correctly, which I do, you just have to relearn everything your past self, the Stormlord, knows. Speaking of Lords, this is An-Rex."

The man, Rex apparently, was looking at me with immediate disgust. Relm looked at him, then at me, something clicking in her mind and her smile faded. She turned back to him, and slapped him, knocking his expression, and a tooth it looked like, off of him.

Kyris jumped up out of bed. "What did you do that for?"

Rex looked at him, managing to avoid contact with my eyes. "Don't anybody defend me for it. I deserved that for stealing from her. Over the years, I get the bad case of sticky fingers, but after the stunt I just pulled a while ago, I deserved it." I could see where she hit him, it was plainly red, but he took it well.

"This Lords Reborn, is it all true? If so, then where are all of the others?" I asked silently.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed May 15, 2013 10:26 pm
Dakushau says...

Ekroth Yaal ~ Streets, Orphanage

I felt it. It flowed over me like a tidal wave. It was very vivid, very clear. I saw it as if I was there, looking through my own eyes. I could feel the pain that accompanied the vision.

As quickly as it had came, it left. I knew where I needed to go. I didn't know why I knew it, but I knew that I needed to go to the source of this vision I saw. It was calling out to me.

I rushed though the streets and the alleys towards what I knew was the source of the vision. Soon I arrived.

It was an orphanage. I walked up to the door and tried to open it. it was locked. No matter, I could easily get in.

I walked over to one of the orphanages walls and pressed my hand down upon the cool smooth stone-brick. With great ease I slid my hand, then arm, then my body, through the wall as though it were made of butter.

I could feel it more easily and knew that I was nearer to the source. My eyes scanned across the room and I located some stairs over at one wall. Quickly crossing the room, I made it to the stairs and started up.

At the top was a room, which contained people. Four people to be exact. They turned towards me, slightly startled by my sudden appearance. "I have felt it. I am here now."
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Thu May 16, 2013 7:20 am
View Likes
therealme says...

Spoiler! :
I will probably add more to this. I'm trying to get Thea to join the others in the orphanage! I really am! I just thought I'd post this part now... :)

Thea Dïnev

Thea woke up screaming. Her eyes flew open – images of the dream still clearly imprinted on their surfaces. She found herself gasping for air, her blankets strewn and tangled with her limbs. Drenched in a cold sweat, she sat upright and tried to slow the hammering in her chest. It was just a dream. Just a stupid dream. But why had it felt so real?
It was still dark outside her archaic window.
Only an hour ago, Thea had practically dragged herself into her small, tattered bed and blacked out.
Though Thea was hardly topped up on energy, she refused to go back to sleep. The dream had left her even more wrecked and disturbed than she had been before. Staring absently at the opposite wall, images of the dream flashed through Thea’s mind like a scene straight out of a horror movie.
Flickering shadows. Warm Torchlight. Earthy chamber. Chained man. Dark figures. Brutal Torture. Fire. Excruciating pain. Death.
All these things spun around and around Thea’s head like a haunting merry-go-round.
She didn’t know which one she preferred less, getting stalked by ghosts or having scary dreams?
Dropping her protesting feet over the edge of the bed, Thea swung herself upwards to a standing position.
Annoying whispers buzzed in Thea’s ears – noticeable, but not quite loud enough to interpret. I must be going crazy.
Thea stumbled drunkenly out of the room and into the tightly spaced kitchen; she was still recovering from her power overdose. Searching for company, Thea didn’t bother to flick the lights on. What’s the point of having lights when you can see perfectly without them?
“Mum? Dad?” Thea peeped her head around the narrow doorframes of each room.
No reply followed Thea’s call.
That’s strange. Normally they’d be home by now…
Giving up, Thea headed back to the kitchen and leaned herself up against one of the dusty, old benches.
A flash of black caught the corner of Thea’s eye. What the hell? Thea froze like a statue, her heart on overdrive and her body ridged.
The movement was so fast that at first Thea thought she’d imagined it. She blinked several times to make sure her eyesight was still intact. Yep, definitely going crazy.
Just as soon as she thought this, the black form moved again – Swift as a darting shadow.
Thea’s heart pounded. The movement had come from just outside the kitchen window, overlooking the main street.
A frown crossed Thea’s face, paired with escalating nerves. What if the ghost is back? Her lungs stopped functioning for a quick moment.
Judging by the lack of tingles and her settled stomach, the ghost had not returned. This realisation allowed Thea’s tight shoulders relax a little, though she was still on her guard. If the thing outside isn’t my supernatural stalker, then what is it?
Inching closer to the window, Thea peered out into the night cautiously.
Sweet mother of Jesus!
Two glowing red eyes, like brilliant rubies, stared back at Thea.
Fear slammed its abrupt door into Thea’s face. She continued to stare at the unknown form.
Thick, black fur surrounded the devilish eyes and covered the entire body, shaping four powerful canine legs and a tail. Thea could see two sharp, white fangs poking out from under the top jaw of the creature’s muzzle.
It’s a dog.
This so-called ‘dog’ was much larger than average though – about as big as a fully-grown bear.
Camouflaging effortlessly with the shadows, the black dog stalked back and forth around the perimeter of the house, as if trying to figure out how to get inside.
Shit.
Thea bolted to the front entrance and locked the door with a soft click. She didn’t know how effective this action would be against the beastly canine outside, but she reckoned it would buy her some time. Time for what? Thea knew it would be impossible to outrun the dog, and luck seemed to be on a holiday. She was trapped in the house like a fly in a spider’s web.
That was when the front door started to rattle and shake to the drum of the beast's pounding weight. The dog was about to bring the door down.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 24, 2013 8:49 am
Omni says...

Klark Arcadia ~ Next to the Orphanage

I sighed, crossing my arms behind me as I laid down on the giant rocks.

Mari was next to me, looking out onto the sea with a grimace on her face. Really, it's hard to call it a sea. More like a small lake or a large pond, but it was a sea to us badlands people. The Sea of Dreams, they called it. Yeah, dreams of a bigger sea.

Mari finally got off of the rock and looked at me, arms crossed. "You felt it. You must have!"

I smiled coolly. "Maybe I did," I shrugged just to annoy her, "maybe I didn't. Why are you so worried about it?"

"Why am I so worried about it?" She repeated me incredulously, "Are, are you? Are you kidding me right now?" She wiped off some dust around her eyes. She suddenly looked a lot older than she really was, faint but visible stress wrinkles around her forehead.

She was only seven months older than me, but ever since we were both nine, she took care of me. I guess it was pity that drove her to in the beginning, because I was far worse off than she was at that time. She was mean a lot, but over the years, we began to love each other, a brotherly-sisterly kind of grudging bond.

It was definitely something special, if not anything else.

She was hiding something from me, that I knew, but even I couldn't find it out unless she wanted me to.

She sat back down and said nothing else. Her silence, though, was enough.

I knew what she was talking about, even if I didn't admit it aloud. It was alarming. That vision not even ten minutes ago confirmed my suspicions. Even though I didn't remember anything of my past life, I knew that I was legend turned true, myth turned fact. I, and Mari although I don't know which one she was, was one of the Lords Reborn.

That vision, though, was unlike anything I ever felt before. I had dreams, but nothing like that one. It was a sign, a sign that signified something. That something, though, I haven't figured out yet.

I touched my horse's mind, and the water at the lake rippled a bit. Lania, did you feel it? I felt her gentle touch on my mind.

I did, through you. Do you know what it means?

I have a faint idea, but I was hoping you could answer it more thoroughly than I can. I stood up and walked toward the water, giving Mari her space. She never really did like the water, but we resided near it because she knew I liked it. Me first in her mind, always. To her, I was like a son. To me, she was like that annoying and rude older sister that always thought she was boss.

As you know, I was the pet for the past Sealord, but I won't be able to tell you much. I just think that change is coming. I feel that you will all be reunited soon.

A small wind blew across the land, ruffling my hair. Thanks, Lania. I'll talk to you later.

With that, I stood up and looked at Mari. She was pointing at something, her face a look of shock.

I looked up and I saw what was going on: The town was up in flames, its embers licking at every building it saw.

Spoiler! :
I did this just to initiate us to get to leaving the orphanage and on our way! @Carina feel free to yell at me about doing your character wrong through PM.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue May 28, 2013 8:04 pm
KingLucifer says...

Relm Solidor - Orphanage

The Stone Lord has arrived, and now, we were only missing two, two lords before the while Lordship was resembled and then I could just revive the memories of the other Lords, everyone, but the Stormlord. I didn't like her, and reviving her memories might be a bane rather than a boon. Best to leave them be.

"What are you thinking about Cutie Bee?" I heard.

I was pulled from my thoughts by the sudden, and familer, pet name. I remember, in my past life, Cutie Bee was Rex's pet name for me. I quickly search my memory to see if I had a pet name for Rex, then I remember.

"Where the other Lords are, Space Flower." I said with a grin I simply couldn't keep off my face.

"Space Flower huh?" he asked with a just as big of a grin as I had on.

"Yep, it's what I called you," I said.

I felt Rex wrap one arm around me and pull me close to him, that was only interupted. "Ugh! get a room you two!" Kyria nearly shouts at us, I stick my tounge out at her.

"Childish!" she said with a slight annoyence in her voice.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue May 28, 2013 9:09 pm
Redfang18 says...

Andros "Wormhole" Rifter~~~~~The orphanage

I rolled my eyes when the Stormlord told me and Bianca to get a room. "If you don't want to watch two lovers get back together, then take a hike. I won't let death do us part again this time and that is that." Just to prove my point, I stole a kiss from Bianca's lips.
One of the others snapped, "Get a room, Romeo and Juliet!"
I set my hand out, palm up, bringing a roll of duct tape on my hand via wormhole. "Tell me and her to get a room one more time and whoever says it gets their mouth taped shut with this. And don't think I'm kidding about it, 'cause I mean it." I looked at the others, daring them with my eyes.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Fri May 31, 2013 5:28 am
View Likes
Carina says...

Name: Marisol "Mari" Solis

Element: Sunlord

Appearance: Mari has wispy, brunette hair that glimmers an auburn color when standing under the warm sun. Her skin is a natural tan, bronze color, and her body is strong and toned. The one thing that captivates everyone, however, are her eyes; they are a fiery golden, amber color that are so vivid most people would wonder if they were even real. They could easily catch anyone's attention, holding them, keeping them, making them give into her fiery personality.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Mari is like a bomb waiting to explode. She is, no doubt about it, the most stubborn, feisty, sassy, reckless, and aggressive girl you'll ever meet. When someone does something she does not like, she'll snap at them saying how stupid they were and how they should just stop before someone drops dead of their stupidity. "Friendship" is a loose term for Mari; she doesn't act any different to strangers or friends—she would be the same fireball of sass and snarkiness—and it was hard to tell whether she accepted a person or not. She is unpredictable, unreadable other than the common you-guys-are-all-stupid-and-it's-making-me-sick frown plastered on her face.

Anger was common for her, sadness was unheard of, happiness was always so brief, and fear was always hidden by pride. Add on the ingredient of meanness, and Mari was the definition of an alpha personality. However, when the time calls for it, she'll be serious and put others in front of herself. Although it was incredibly hard to tell, she's extremely loyal to the few people she could consider a friend, and would do anything to keep them safe.

History: Mari never really got to know her parents, but after young years of being left alone in a foster care, any thought or wonder of who they were to her slowly faded away. She spent most of her time alone with the couple others in the foster care system who, too, were neglected, cast away, abandoned. Then, one day, something happened. She was by herself, alone on her bunk, after she got into a furious fight with one of the other foster care girls. "You're stupid, you're rotten, you're ugly. No one's ever going to want to take you home," were the girl's words that continuously repeated and echoed in Mari's mind, marking a deep wound, scarring her mind and pushing her anger to a melting point that she would only swallow to let it boil inside herself some more.

And then...everything was on fire. Everything happened so terribly fast, and Mari didn't know what exactly happened—was it her hand that caught on fire first that spread onto the bed, or did everything just ablaze at once?—but she remembered panic, deep panic, as she evacuated and heard screams as the fire tore through everything. The injuries were high, the casualties were higher, and the building was down into ashes. No one knew how it started—there were only mere suspicions of foul play done by typical teenagers—and Mari is, to this day, still shocked of the events and has kept it a secret. She didn't want to think about it; it gave her headaches and she wanted to pretend like it was something else, something other than her that started and created this mess.

The only other young kid who survived was Klark, and not wanting to be under the foster care or orphanage system any longer, they went out in their own and lived in a comfy little shack next to the sea. Years passed, and the both of them learned to survive in the world independently with each other. Never would she have guessed that they both of them possessed secrets too big for anyone to handle.

Other: If the guy can tame her, she'd (stubbornly) be up for love.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:31 am
Carina says...

Spoiler! :
Kind of recapped what happened to get myself on solid ground. :9

Marisol "Mari" Solis, Sunlord

It happened. The vision happened.

Was it a vision? Or was it a flashback? She couldn't tell. The voice, the person she saw that was seared and melted into her mind was unfamiliar, but had a touch of nostalgia and a reminiscent sense of deja vu. The vision was blurry and quick, but she remembered the feelings that was somehow embedded into what she experienced: pain, agony, loss, despair, death, murder.

But that was about ten minutes ago. She was still sitting by the rocks next to her dumb false brother Klark that she took in herself just because he looked ugly and pitiful by himself, and she was just really nice like that. When the vision occurred, she swore that he held a startled face and was taken back enough to almost lose balance on his sitting position against the rocks, but that was it. There were no words, no glances, no other reaction than that.

And Mari did the same thing. She was startled, she was surprised, she was taken back—but like Klark, she didn't say anything. What was that? Why did she felt that? It was so...intense. Was that her? No, it couldn't be.

Her heart raced and rang in her ears.

More endless minutes passed in silence. All she could hear were the small waves of the giant lake (or Sea of Dreams, as Klark and a lot of other people liked to call it...yeah right, more like the Sea of Mosquitos) quietly flop around, making Mari go crazy with the sound of water that she exasperatedly hated.

Finally, she couldn't take it any longer. "You felt it. You must have!" she blurted out snappily to Klark who was longingly staring out into the water, lost in thought. She was sitting up out of her rock and crossed her arms, and with the many years that he was with her, he should know that she better get a straight answer or she was going to explode.

Unfortunately for her, Klark liked to mess with her mind. He put on an unbearably hey-let's-make-Mari-kill-me type of smile and said, "Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. Why are you so worried about it?"

He was so asking for his death. Too bad that Mari found him semi-enjoyable in her life. "Why am I so worried about it?" she mocked, burning with rage. "Are, are you? Are you kidding me right now?!" She was yelling furiously at Klark with obvious anger and frustration messily laced into her tone, but Klark seemed to tune her out like he always did—and that just made her even more angry.

Calm down, Marisol, a whisper said in her mind. You know that anger is not good for your body.

It was Adeline, a sweet name for a fiery and vicious dragon. Mari sees her in her dreams and only in her dreams, and although she desperately wanted to talk to her, she couldn't; Adeline can only talk to her in hushed whispers, always keeping her secret distance away from her.

Mari tried to steady her breath, deeply breathing in and breathing out, while sitting back on the rocks to rub her temples. She wondered if stress and frustration was visible in her face; that was all she was getting lately, and Klark was not helping, that good-for-nothing brat.

It was silence after that. Mari knew then that Klark felt it too; he must have. But what did it mean? What did it symbolize? She's had occurrences like the vision before—night terrors, one might call it. It would be the same thing over and over again: death, agony, pain. And sometimes, there was the occasional twist; she might see a woman whose face was always concealed while riding on Adeline: alone, fiery, independent. Who was she, she didn't know, but she once heard an urban legend that seemed to connect to this dainty memory.

"Have you ever heard of the Elemental Lords, Marisol?" Elise, the owner of the foster care Mari and Klark was in many years ago, asked her one day.

"No," Mari remembered grumbling back. "What is it?"

Elise would laugh, a warm and hearty laugh, with her wrinkly old smile. "Child, it's an old legend of Aeginea. They said that many, many years ago, eight good people with extraordinary powers used to rule the land." She smiled once more. "They say that it's a girl who ruled fire. My, oh my, would she remind me of you!"

"Can I meet her?" she asked.

Elise's eyes would be a million miles away, but then it would come back to reality with a new sad and innocent glaze over them. "Not today, deary. Maybe some other time."

But it was just a legend, right? It was just a myth. It wasn't real...right?

Mari remembered the flames—the destroying fire of the foster care building, licking and devouring every single thing it could get to. It spread, it went everywhere, it wounded, it killed. And was it...because of her?

Ugh, she was getting a headache just thinking about it.

Klark went against the water, as always feeling some dumb connection to it. She didn't get him; why did he like the water so much? On days when it wasn't windy, the water was stagnant and full of bugs, and it was gross and wet and she hated it. But yet she obliged to live here because...er...because she had no other choice, of course. Not because Klark liked it or anything; that arrogant boy deserved nothing but a world of pain.

The moon was big against the sky, illuminating the sea. Mari hated nighttime; she preferred daytime when she could soak in the sun.

The breeze came by and pulled and prickled on her skin. It gave her the deep shivers, and it seemed to hoarsely whisper in her ear, Help me, help me, alert, alert.

Suddenly Mari felt uneasy.

And then...she saw it. She saw the light, saw the orange and red against the dark. It burned, she smelled it from far away, she saw the smoke rising up from afar.

She tried to get Klark's attention, but her voice was missing; she pointed instead, and when he looked, he saw it too.

"Fire," she said softly in case his stupidity couldn't figure it out.

Klark was taken back, surprised. "We...have to help!" he yelped out, about to run towards the town.

Mari immediately jumped up, grabbing his arm before he could leave. "Are you stupid?! That's a fire—a fire, you moron! Do you want to die?" She made a brief pause before saying, "You know what happened to the foster care building, Klark."

He wiggled his way out of her firm hold. "Exactly, Mari. People died there, and people are dying right now. We need to help them, just like they helped us. Come on!" He was then off with seemingly no plan whatsoever (or at least that was what Mari thought), and she silently screamed in frustration as he left her no choice but to follow him.

They ran into town, and it was in chaos. The fire spread building to building while to made its way up to the market and the orphanage—it was unstoppable.

Or so Mari thought. The closer she got, the more energized her body became. What was this? Why was she feeling like this?

She hated fire. She has always hated fire ever since the incident.

So why was she feeling so...good? It was like being in a destroying fire was where she belonged; was she insane?

"Help! Help me!" some guy in a building up above cried. People around were running and scrambling around, ignoring him while already accepting the fact that the guy was doomed.

But Mari didn't. Her body moved on its own, and she entered the already collapsed doorway of what used to be a door, entering the flames as it surprisingly only cooled and tickled her skin, somehow being able to breathe as the fire seemed to greet her, tickle her, become some kind of haven for her. In the distance, she heard Klark scream her name, but that was it. She was overdriven by her body's instincts and didn't think as she made her way to the cry of help.

...Yes, she must be insane. That was it. She was insane.
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:29 am
Dakushau says...

Ekroth Yaal

I leaned against the wall of the orphanages upper floor and chuckled lightly. Even though I barely knew these people I strangely felt as though I should know them, almost like I already knew them.

Suddenly a strange feeling set itself in the pit of my stomach and buried itself there. I hadn't noticed it before, but I was able to sense a large amount of vibrations emanating from the surroundings outside the orphanage. It felt as though... well... like a stampede of wild elephants rampaging through the town. Everything I could sense from the vibrations told me that there was a panic.

I glanced out the window opposite me trying to discover the source of what felt like people fleeing. That's when I saw it.

Fire spread throughout the city consuming everything in its path. It continued to engulf buildings as it spread, leaving ruins in it's wake.

For a moment my voice left me before I was able to announce what I just saw, "Fire."

"Huh?" Kyria asked.

"Look," I said pointing towards the window. "It's flaming."

Surprise washed across the faces of everyone in the room. Apparently I had been the first to notice it. "We should do something!" Kyris said.

"What should we do?" Andros asked.

"Help," I stated. My body moving on its own, I rushed over to the window and jumped through, the sound of glass shattering filled my ears. I landed almost gracefully on the ground below. What should have been a deadly fall felt like nothing more than a light jump.

"Are you an idiot?! You just jumped out the window!" Kyria shouted down to me.

"I have to help those people!" I shouted back.

I ran towards the flaming buildings. I had no plan, but I knew one thing: I had to help. I just had to. Flames roared around me as I neared the disaster.

Crack! A loud breaking noise filled my ears. I looked up just in time to see a tall building come crashing down on top of me.

"Aahhh!" I shout throwing my arms over my head. If I had thought about it I should have burrowed to safety, but I wasn't thinking. i did nothing but cover my head as the building crashed down upon me.

Surprisingly, I wasn't knocked over, I wasn't knocked unconscious from the heavy load of debris that rained around me. I pushed back the rubble that was on top of me. My arms felt... well... weird. Steel! My arms are covered with steel! No, that's not it. There made of steel! I had used an ability once were I was able to change the composition of my body into that of another substance, but I had never used it to do anything like this before.

Flames roared around and cries for help assaulted my ears. I could think about this later. Right now, people needed my help!

Spoiler! :
Tell me if I messed anyone's characters up and I'll fix it.

Also I'll be gone for 8 days starting this Friday and won't be able to post during that time.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

378 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:04 pm
Omni says...

Kyria Silverdane ~ The Orphanage . . . for now

"Frrr." The new guy just stared out of the window, his lips barely moving to make the one word.

"Huh?" I asked, my expression taking a turn to his. Is my hearing really that bad, or did he just mumble. I'm pretty sure it's just him mumbling.

"Look," His hand rose automaton-like and he pointed to the small window in Kyris' room, "It's flaming." It's flaming? Almost at once, Kyris, Relm, Relm's 'lady friend,' and I ran over to see what was going on.

The small and rundown town was almost entirely engulfed in flames. I could see nothing of the market district, and the sea was blocked completely from view by the bright orange and red flames. "We should do something!" Kyris shouted, trying to get his voice over the sound of the roaring fire.

"What should we do?" Relm's friend with some benefits questioned, his demeanor quite different than before. I think that we all knew what was going on: People we knew were burning, hurting, maybe even dying all across town, and this hit home for everyone.

"Help." The mystery man's voice was clear and it impacted us all. We were knocked out of our shock, but he got to us first and jumped out of the small window in Kryis' room.

Hitting the ground gracefully, it didn't seem to register to the man that that fall should have killed him, or anyone normal, but maybe he wasn't normal. Was he attracted to us? To all of us? Is he a Lord Reborn also?

The intriguing thought was ripped from my mind as the building shook violently. The temperature rose quickly, and I could tell that the flames had reached us. The orphanage was getting devoured.

"Run!" I shouted, but it was no use. The floor cracked and the room caved in. This is it. This is the end of a short life. It made me think of all I was expected to do if I was actually the Stormlord Reborn, and all of that wouldn't happen. Would I die? Is this the end of a huge hope?

I saw the small shards of withered wood and dirty carpet fly before my eyes as my descent slowed. Everything felt so surreal as I exited the second floor and started falling through the dining room of the first floor. It didn't even feel like a dining room anymore. Everything was on fire, blending all of the colors into a fine mixture of orange and red.

I could feel something in the air, like a wave, not from the heat, but from something else, something . . . different. I looked around, trying to see someone else. No one was around for some reason.

Then I saw her. Relm. She was sitting on bed that was suspended in the air. "Really, you should get going, I can't keep this up for much longer." She looked at me and I felt a mixture of emotions coming from her. Anger, hatred, revenge, and something much deeper, much more conflicting than the others: Love. "Go!" Her voice echoed through my head as I somehow found the ability to run through the collapsing building.

When my feet hit the sidewalk, I gasped and fell to the ground, my body shaking. I could hear them again, the whispers. They were calling out to me, saying things unintelligible to me.

"Kyria, get up, we need to get out of here!" Someone's voice, someone I knew, floated into my ears.

"Who-?"

"Kyria, you should certainly know me, you've spent an entire lifetime with me." Dart. "Yes, now for the love of your life, get yourself up and find Kyris, he's in danger."

Spoiler! :
So, it seems that sylverdawn is not going to come back. What shall we do? We need a new leader of this Storybook, and I'll talk to some mods to see if they can make whomever we delegate to be the new leader to be an admin of this Storybook.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
— Mark Twain