z

Young Writers Society

Journey to The Safety Zone- Started - OPEN

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:04 am
View Likes
ninjacookies says...

So... Here is my first take on a Storybook. Here’s how it goes.

Life on earth is ending. Literally.

Water levels are high and earth is now almost covered in water. The Earth is sinking into its core. What’s left of the land is contaminated and The Disease (a kind of plague that is spread through water and either kills or turns people into mindless mutants) is spreading. Humanity doesn’t have much time before it is killed off completely.

There is little to nothing anybody can do... Or is there?

And then there is you.

Spoiler! :
So, you’re a survivor. One of those people who lost everything and has nothing left to lose. Your about to lose hope completely when you happen to find a sign on the footpath. (Somehow there are still footpaths from what I am just going to refer to as the “Olden Days”)
This... sign (though it’s probably more similar to a newspaper article or an advertisement when I think about it... neither are still made these days but- well, from time to time they can be found floating around.) tells of a place that doesn’t seem that far away called “The Safe Zone.” (Kinda stereotypical, I know.) An area that is said to be safe from the flooding regions, mutant creatures that roam and completely safe from sinking.

Yeah, it’s not completely believable but it is your last hope. However the add doesn’t give directions to this supposed safe zone but it does say that- Lets just call him X for now(Picture him as an assassin-ninja dude who nobody ever really see’s... kinda like Charlie from Charlie’s angels) – the organiser of this cause- is looking for a recruitment team of 4 men and 4 woman to travel to “The Safe Zone” with him (kinda like a back-up team). It (the sign) doesn’t give any information about who to call (even though phones kinda no longer exist in the public) but it says that exactly eight of these notices (because I’m sick of calling them signs) have been scattered around the island (it is no longer known what country “The Island” used to be) and the people who picked them up (Four men and Four woman) are now being watched and if X is satisfied he will contact them though one of his agents (He has 2- a guy and a girl... and their names are also a single letter- kind of like Men in Black :) )

After a week the people are found and recruited for the journey. (And they get given all this cool stuff that nobody knew still existed: D )
We’ll go from there somewhere and I will put more information up along the way. (I really did put a lot of thought into this one :) )

Character Profiles

Spoiler! :
Survivors

Name: (Only one name is fine.)
Personality:
Skills: (They were probably recruited for some particular reason. A few might not be- this might make it interesting...)
Up For Love:
Other: (if you want to put anything like a background story in then this would be the place.)

Recruiters

Name: (1 letter)
Personality:
Skills: (They have more than your average Survivors. They’re kinda ninja-like themselves.)
Up for love:
Other:

Rules:

• All usual YWS rules and guidelines
• Romance is allowed (encouraged even) but if it gets too serious then fade to black
• Swearing is alright but don’t try to go all gangsters and swear all the time. In every sentence.
• No killing off other characters... well not until at least halfway though (Nah, just kidding. If you want to kill somebody off- or they want to be killed off- then talk to me and we’ll figure something out.)
• No Godmodding. It’s kinda boring for everyone else. (and if you do your character will randomly be struck with lightening- nah I’m just kidding... or am I?)

Positions

Spoiler! :
Survivors
M- Mr. Winters- MrWinters
F- Ashlee Lockwood-ToBeMe
M- Jason Collin- umaima
F- Caroline Watson- ACTRESS
M-Gabriel-winterbites
F- Alison- therealme
M- Jeydon- pandabear7
F- Ayumi- barefootrunner

Recruiters
F- Q- littleauthor
M- Z- ninjacookies

New Recruits - The people that they meet on the islands they go to while searching for the "Safety Zone".
M-
F- Erina Jackson- Nightnotes
M-
F-

(I can add more of these if need be. Just ask... If you want in then talk to me- even if it looks like there are no spots left. )

Okay. I’m done now. (Oh and btw if you join this SB then you are therefore agreeing to put up with my craziness... Thanks for joining :) )

No but really. Please join?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Character

Spoiler! :
Name: Z

Appearance: Z is around 5ft 7” with a leanly muscled build and very slightly tanned skin. He has a mop of thick straight blue-black hair and intense silvery green eyes. Z has scars covering his back, arms and his legs. He (luckily) only has one on his face- which runs down the left side, narrowly missing his eye.

Most of the time the only colour he can be seen wearing is black; Black jeans, black boots, black shirt, black coat and black leather gloves. He always has some sort of weapon of him and is always prepared.

Personality: Z is very loyal.He has been with X since he was young and the Journey to the Safety Zone is something that he has known about for a long time. He also knows a lot more about X then just about anyone else and is one of the few people who has ever seen him. He is very determined to see himself and everyone else to the “Safety Zone” and will do whatever it takes to get there.

He has a good sense of what is right and what is wrong and even though he though he isn’t an overly friendly towards other people he meets does live by certain codes. Z can be very reserved (but don’t mistake this for shyness) and tends to stand back and observe the situation before he decides what he will do.

Is this manner he picks up on a lot. He isn’t openly hostile towards other people ever but if you get on his bad side then he can hold grudges for a very long time. He doesn’t really start fights (unless it’s over something REALLY important) but he has no qualm in finishing them. He can be really calm in crisis and usually has a good idea of what to do when nobody else does. He can be very brave.

Skills: Z knows a lot about mutants and how they work. He is also very wired on their weaknesses and if needed he can take them down by the dozen. Besides that Z is He’s pretty intuitive and often has a certain sense when something bad is going to happen. He also knows how to fight (being an agent of X this was something he learned from a young age)in fact during his time as agent of X he leaned over 5 different types of Karate and knows how to use pretty much every type of weapon still in existence.

Up for love: Hmm, Well I wouldn’t rule out the idea completely.

Other: There is a lot of others… but I’ll explain more about him as time goes on.
Last edited by ninjacookies on Tue May 14, 2013 9:10 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Reviews: 1
Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:13 pm
View Likes
MrWinters says...

Name: Mr. Winters

Appearance: Mr. Winters is a tall, thin man. His hair has prematurely turned white, due to the high amounts of stress involved with the apocalypse, and his eyes are a bright blue. He wears a gas mask at all times to avoid any toxins in the air, but he is too crazy to realize that it has been broken for years. He has replaced several of his fingers with mechanical prosthetics, after the originals were destroyed by his failed creations.
Spoiler! :
Mr Winters.jpg

Personality: After years of isolation, Mr. Winters has become paranoid and mistrusting of the few people he meets. He has slowly descended into madness, but has maintained his calm composure and his ability to create astounding machines. He has a knack for finding places to hide, and has no quarrel with deserting his companions when his own safety is at risk; however, if someone has managed to gain his trust and friendship, he will fight till his last breath to protect them. Although he has lacks finesse in dealing with people, he is an expert when it comes to machines and gadgets.

Skills: Leaving on the border of civilization taught Mr. Winters the need for companionship, but he refused to let any living being help him. To fill the lack of human interaction, he became a master at creating robots and gadgets, each with a unique personality. Clumps of metal and rusty bolts can turn into a complex weapon, a mechanical drone, or the door to a hidden chamber in the hands of this daft tinkerer. He has developed a keen eye for noticing small details in the landscape, and he uses this skill to set traps for any creature unfortunate enough to pass by.

Up For Love: No, but if a truly remarkable woman tries hard enough, she may be able to slowly win his mechanized heart.

Other: He often carries a bag full of gears, wires, servos, and other small mechanical parts.
Last edited by MrWinters on Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:28 am
ToBeMe says...

This actually sounds pretty interesting :) Can I join as a female survivor?
Last edited by ToBeMe on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:15 am
ninjacookies says...

Sure! Join away :)

Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:32 am
View Likes
ACTRESS says...

Okay. This sounds awesome. I would love to join. Just to let you know, this is my first storybook, so I literally have NO IDEA WHAT I AM DOING! :)

Survivors

Name: Caroline Watson
Appearance: she is slim and average hight. She has dark brow hair and peircing blue eyes.
Personality: she tries to prove that she is strong and capable on living in this new world, but she is actually just a kind, caring person that always puts others before herself (and this puts her in danger rather often)
Skills: she has some experience with medical care as her parents were both doctors.
Up For Love: (don't understand this fully but...) yeah, if some cute guy came along then maybe.
Other: her parents were killed by mutant before her eyes. This haunts her memory, but she tries to hide that.

Okay. I hope this is okay. And I'd appreciate it if you could talk me through how this all works. :)
THE ONLY TRUTH IS WHAT AND WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS ALWAYS TRUE

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:30 am
View Likes
therealme says...

Could I be one of the survivors? :D

Name: Alison (Ali) Chanter
Age: 18 (sorry, I know you said not too many 17-18 year olds but I figured since no one else was one...)
Appearance: To tell you the truth her appearance was almost exactly what ACTRESS's character looks like, but I was too slow to post this so I guess I'll have to change mine :( oh well. Alison is 5'4 (a little above average height), has fairly tanned skin, natural long dark blonde slightly wavy hair, stormy grey/blue eyes and a strong/nice looking body from battling to survive over the years/months (I actually have no idea how long this 'end of the world' thing has been going on so could someone please let me know?).
Alison wears tight, ripped jeans and a grey hoody (the hoody brings out her eyes, heheh) over a light-material tank top. Alison keeps a small dagger in her back jean pocket. If we're allowed to post pictures of our character's basic appearance then this would be mine:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Ali has learnt to toughen up and pretend to "not feel anything" for she believes this is the only way to survive. She acts like she can deal with her circumstances but really she is very insecure and negative. Alison can be very sly and clever when it comes to getting something done and is often not trusted by others. She has many secrets from her past and finds them quite hard to live with. She hates herself for some of the things she's done and is walking a fine line between keeping her secrets safe or losing control. Her deepest fear is for her to care about someone enough to put their lives before hers, or even worse, to trust them enough to share her secrets with them. I will work on her personality more as the story goes on :)
Skills: Alison can be very persuasive with her words. She can convince almost anyone to do or say anything. It's not a super power but more like a talent. Alison is also very good at stealing things (she was taught by her old boyfriend, mentioned bellow) and she's not too bad at using her dagger either. She is a very fast long distance runner and in most cases can outrun anything. Alison is a quick thinker and is definitely no "girl" when it comes to fighting. Let's just say that she knows how to take care of herself.
Up For Love: She had a past romance with a sexy bad-boy who was sent to Juvenile for murdering Alison's sister. He died along with everyone Ali ever knew and loved. In any case, she's available! ;) lol.
Other: She has a huge secret that will be revealed in small pieces through the story. This secret could effect their chances in reaching the 'Safety Zone'.
Last edited by therealme on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:49 am, edited 29 times in total.
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:45 am
ninjacookies says...

Wow :) Okay. Your both in!

60 Reviews

Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:57 am
therealme says...

Yay!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:14 am
View Likes
ToBeMe says...

Okay. here we go. Tell me if this is okay.

Name: Ashlee Lockwood- Mostly just called Ash

Appearance: Ash is around 5ft 3” inches in height with a mop of messy, shoulder length dark red hair that she mostly wears up and out of her face and a lean athletic build. She has dark blue eyes and pale skin that never seems to tan (even before when she was in the sun a lot). Her hands and wrists are covered in burns and scars from acid and other chemicals that got a little out of control.

Most of the time she can be seen wearing a pair of comfortable, ripped jeans, some sort of baggy tee-shirt and her favourite pair of converse sneakers that used to be red but are now a more faded pink-ish colour. She also has a tendency to wear gloves to cover the burns on her hands and to protect her when she’s mucking around with chemicals.

Personality: Ash has been on her own for years now and knows what to do to survive. She will do whatever it takes to get by and has severe trust issues - due to an incident that happened just before the Disease broke out. When it comes down to it Ash is actually really smart (contrary to how she may act around other people) but she is also a horrible liar and will try to avoid situations in which she’ll have to lie.

She likes to know what’s going on and has a strong sense (which is kind of ironic really, seeing how bad she is at lying) when others aren’t telling her the whole truth. She can be very sarcastic in depressing situations but always has a sort of bleak belief that she’ll (and whoever she’s with) will get through.

One other thing about Ash is that she has a very stubborn side that pops out in certain situations. She never gives up once she has committed to something and once she has made a decision she tends to stick to it.

She also always keeps her promises and if you do somehow manage to gain her trust then she’ll do just about anything to help you. Ash has an intense fear of confined spaces and will avoid them at all cost.

Skills: Ash is really good with chemicals and explosives. She can make bombs and explosives out of very few materials and knows what to mix together to make things that blow up.She also has pretty good endurance and a decent sense of aim.

Up for love: Sure, you just have to get her to trust you first.

Other: I might add something later.
EVERY DAY MIGHT NOT BE GOOD...
BUT THERE IS SOMETHING GOOD IN EVERY DAY.

Don't be sorry your darkness is gone. I'll carry it for you.
Always. I'll keep it with mine.

Gotta catch em all!

60 Reviews

Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:50 pm
View Likes
therealme says...

Hurry people, we need some guy characters!
Last edited by therealme on Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:37 pm
View Likes
umaima says...

Amazing I want to join...This is the actor

Name: Jason Collin

Appearance: Jason's height is 6 foot 1 inch and is one of those guys who are like really popular. He has dark black hair with some of his hair falling on his forehead. He has violet eyes for which apparently any girl would fall. His complexion is great and always wears a black locket in his neck which is actually something which has helped him whenever he needed help. His chest is covered with scars because of his struggle in keeping himself alive. He usually wears black jacket over a pair of tight black jeans and a white shirt. He is thin but muscular.

Skills: He knows how to handle any type of gun, he can also sword fight, hunt, do archery. He knows every way, every route, every street of the world (Great at geography)... Black belt in martial arts and kung fu...Tricks things or people very easily

Personality: He doesn't speak if not necessary and loves mocking people whenever he gets a chance. He would never let anyone close to him get hurt and is very protective though he wouldn't show. Is kind and loving but doesn't show it. From what he shows people think him as a rude jerk. He is hard from the outside because he lost everything that mattered to him.

He can hear more than the audible human range (Which is what he thinks is weird) and this helps him to know what is coming. He knows how to lie very well and usually does it. Never shows his real feelings (until the end). He never trusts anyone because he doesn't want to get hurt like he did before.

Up for love: Doesn't believe in it (until a girl comes and changes him)

Other: He is unable to share his feelings. He can't sing and he was the one who killed his parents because of some reason...he regrets it and that is the reason for his strange behavior...

This is my first time so I might be lacking ...Anyways this is the character
“The strong person is not the one who can wrestle someone else down. The strong person is the one who can control himself when he is angry.”

“It is better to sit alone than in company with the bad; and it is better still to sit with the good than alone.”

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:57 pm
winterbites says...

Can I have a male Survivor, please?
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:08 am
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Name: Q

Appearance: Thick dirty blond hair that falls to the bottom of her back. Q is around 5'3 with a slim toned body. Her long legs give her an advantage at running and she does that a lot. Q has grey eyes that make her tan body seem even darker. She has a small birthmark on her neck and a jagged scar right next to it.

Q is always in her faded old combat boots and leather jacket. Her shirts are usually dark colored tee-shirts and her pants are leggings. Q always has her handy hunting knife hidden inside her jacket.

Personality: She is a cool character. She is super laid back and super athletic at the same time. She could be just leaning on a tree or something and the next second she 's running off at full speed. She has known Z and X for as long as she would remember, and is all about getting to the safety zone.

She doesn't really like the idea of leaders or captions, so she hangs back and usually just asks the group what they want to do. She isn't shy at all and really likes to talk. Sago could on and on about what it was like before the world went to madness, but she doesn't want to come off as annoying does she?

Skills: She could be a street fighter. Q is super flexible and could take down anyone in a matter of seconds. She has speed and is able to punch, she could probably be able to take down any of the survivors. Q can use a knife and isn't bad at hunting. She can also cook which may come in handy. She also can play guitar and sing very well

Up for love: Yes. Nothing like a little distraction to take your mind off the war that's going on.

Other: nope c:
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 am
View Likes
winterbites says...

Name: Gabriel or Gab.

Appearance: Black-brown hair, dark blue eyes. Pale complection. Slim tall body. Single lip piercing. He wears a plain blue singlet and white ripped skinny jeans and black boots. When he was 16 he got a home done tattoo of a puzzle piece on his chest. His eyelashes are very dark so it gives his eyes a dark effect. (yes, this guy IS wearing eyeliner :3)
Spoiler! :

Personality: Feels no pain due to a condition he has. He may look tall and scrawny, but he, is fairly tough. He has had it rough from child hood with an abusive farther and a dunk mother. He had to learn to grow up fast. His arms are ridded with scars from his father and mother. Even some from himself.

Skills: Gabriel is a nurturer, he doesn't look it at all, but all he wants to do is help and protect. Even is saving someone sends him to his death.

Up For Love: Gab has never had a real relationship, just little flings. He needs someone to show him what real love is. He's never had it before.

Other: Carries a knife, he never knows when someone is going to strike at him. Better safe than sorry.
Last edited by winterbites on Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

60 Reviews

Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:52 am
therealme says...

We just need one more character and then we can start :D

What about the chicken, Jack?
— David Letterman