z

Young Writers Society

The Mystery of Crime: Let the crime solving begin!

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:21 pm
Blackwood says...

Still places remaining! Try something new! Let's get mystery solving.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:32 am
kayfortnight says...

May I reserve the maid?
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

332 Reviews

Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:06 am
Blackwood says...

Yes you may. Post up your profile.

Random avatar

Reviews: 161
Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:54 pm
kayfortnight says...

“Maid”
Name: Casey Madren
Appearance: Casey's honestly pretty drab looking, a brunette with blue eyes. She's short, and somewhat overweight. Her hair is cut short and is somewhat frizzy. She wears a lot of knits, especially dresses.
Job and hobbies: Maid. Casey spends a lot of time on her schooling, but also spends a lot of time knitting, and a lot of time out in public trying to meet new people and experience the culture of France. She enjoys gardening and cooking at her host family's home.
History: Casey was born in the U.S. She's a smart kid, and grew up through the normal school system, especially excelling in French class. They suggested she join a foreign exchange program to learn the language better, and her parents agreed, hoping the change would help with her depression. She's been in France a couple years now and doesn't have too much difficulty with the language anymore, so she decided to take a job as a maid to supplement the allowance she gets from the exchange program, figuring she could clean as well as anyone else. Currently, she shares a room with another French student going to the same university as her, and cleans after her school day is over.
Why would s/he want Jacque dead?: Have you seen that man's dog? He spoils the thing and it attacks her whenever she draws near. It's even drawn blood a few times. He just acts like she's making a big fuss out of nothing. Also, when she still had trouble with the French language and couldn't speak very quickly in it, she heard him call her stupid after a particularly hard conversation. (Nobody said it had to be a good reason, although to Casey, it seems perfectly natural. She has...issues.)
Relationship to Jacque: She's his maid.

Possible murder weapon: Well, if Casey were the murderer, she'd find a vicious dog like his and use the dog. No need to worry about fingerprinting.
This account proudly supports lgbt* rights.

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:15 am
Craz says...

SCIENTIST ~ :twisted: ~

Name: Dr. Carina Durand

Appearance: She has straight black hair that falls to her shoulders and cold calculating gray eyes. She is tall and has a habit of looking down at people with her sharp nose. She normally has her hair tied strictly back and tight against her skull. Her step is always put forward with an egoistic purpose, and she would be pretty if she didn't glare down at everyone. You can either find her elbow deep in an experiment, commanding other people around, or outside smoking a cigarette.

History: She was born from a very wealthy family that came with high expectations. Both her parents have more than one Ph.Ds, and she couldn't fall short. She didn't have a typical teen life because of this, but you don't hear her complaining.

Jobs and Hobbies: A workaholic, so her career is her life.

Relationship to Jacques: Many people were impressed when she started officially working with him when she was 29. Ever since she has been overcome with envy of his multiple successes in the medical field, and couldn't stand his breezy attitude about it when she always seemed to fall short compared to him. She absolutely despises everything about him and is glad that 'That Sleazy Old Reprobate' is dead.

Why would she want him dead? To get him out of the way and to benefit her career.

Possible murder weapons: She's a scientist so basically any chemicals, but most likely she would inject his food with arsenic either over a period of time or in one big dose.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

332 Reviews

Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:47 am
View Likes
Blackwood says...

Two spots remaining.

“Commissioner/ Head of police.”
Name: (Name) Luther(choose your own first name.Surname is Luther though.

“Sergeant”
Name:

Also in your profile include the following.
"From:
Appearance:
Job and hobbies:
History:
Why would s/he want Jacque dead?:
Describe relationship to Jacque:

Potential murder weapon:

*Negotiable
Last edited by Blackwood on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Reviews: 3
Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:07 am
Xaxas96 says...

I would like to reserve the Doctor spot, profile be up before the end of the day.

Okay, I was really surprised I finished before lunch! So here it is! (btw if anything you want me to change PM me. I'll be happy to negotiate.)

“Pharmacist/Doctor”
Name: Nicholas Rose
"From: America
Appearance: He keeps his straight brown hair at his shoulders. From staying inside to do research his skin has become paler. His patients are usually astonished by his wide blue eyes. He is fairly fit, and of average height.
Job and hobbies:The doctor has the weird hobby of collecting different herbs.
History:Nicholas studied in America, to be a successor to his father. His Father grew very ill, he died within month. Nicholas was waiting for his dad’s job to fall upon him but the company gave it to another. Bitterly Nicholas moved away, to find another job he would consider himself worthy of. He eventually was given a tip by Jacque that the town was in need of a new doctor to help with the flu.
Why would s/he want Jacque dead?: If he had found a cure, his customers would have been cured and his recent money surplus would go away.
Describe relationship to Jacque: Often purchased remedies even Nicholas homemade ones, Jacque often tested them for him and gave data back.
Potential murder weapon: Drugs
This is our routine. Day and night, all we do is survive; it never lets up. He tells me how these streets were crowded with people just going about their lives.. must've been nice.~Ellie

332 Reviews

Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:47 pm
Blackwood says...

Yay another one!

Only two spots left now, look at my post above to see who's available.

Also if you haven't posted in the DT already or if you did a long time ago could you post/again. I just want to make sure everyone here is active and reading the posts. I don't want any stagnant characters.

This is also because I'm going to be discussing something important shortly on the Dt maybe after one more character signs up and I need everyone opinion on that.
Last edited by Blackwood on Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:23 am
Jadefox says...

I would like to be the delivery boy with a surname of Belrose. I'll post in the morning.
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

332 Reviews

Sun Mar 24, 2013 1:26 am
Blackwood says...

2 spots left! Come on!

Also we are discussing turn order on the DT go check it out.

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:21 am
Jadefox says...

Name: Norbert Belrose

Job/hobbies:Delivery boy and reading. He adores works by American novelist F.Scott Fitzgerald.

Appearance: Norbert is well groomed and very handsome. He has thick black hair that he combs back.( an awful lot a like Tin-tin hairdo). When in uniform, he gently rests the cap on top of the luscious locks so as not to disturb them. While on duty Norbert is polite to the customers, however when the uniform is off, he is known to be cocky. His square jaw appears to be holding a permanent smug grin. He is strong from lifting packages and carrying them.

History:Norbert grew up near Paris in a small apartment with his mother. His father left to fight in the first World War and hasn't been heard from since Norbert and his mother have been struggling to make ends meet. Norbert began his job as a delivery boy to help. With the small pay, he hopes someday that he will save enough to go to America and attend a college and earn a degree in literature.

Connection to Jacque: Regularly delivers packages directly to the door of Jacques' home. Jacque also knew Norbert's father and has invited the Belroses to many dinner parties in his household.

Why would he want Jacque dead: Passport, college funds, scholarship referral. The list goes on and on. The relationship between Norbert and Jacque is more of a poor nephew-rich uncle. Any other details of their relationship is private. Norbert would want Jacque dead because in Jacque's will he actually leaves partly some money from his estate to help Norbert since his family is poor. Jacque felt it was his duty because Norbert's father is Missing In Action. However, Norbert might have killed him to attain the money faster so he could go to college.

Murder Weapon: Norbert is very strong so he would be able to bludgeon or strangle Jacque to death. However, he is also very witty and would probably be more sly with his weapon of choice. Something he can dispose of quietly, something ordinary, something like...a box-cutter.
Last edited by Jadefox on Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every book you've ever read is just a recombination of 26 letters.

332 Reviews

Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:01 pm
Blackwood says...

Everyone we need two more people to start! If you know you have a knack for storybooks please join! I am excited to begin!

332 Reviews

Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:24 pm
Blackwood says...

I have decide we are going to begin even though there are two places remaining.

Please if you want to join that is great! Post your profile into the DT as soon as possible!

From now on only post official story posts here. Anything else please put in the DT.

I will make the first post and after that we are going to go with turn order 1. with a modification.

Only post when appropriate and a post leads onto your own character. To see an example go to the DT (link on first page)
The modification is that the detectives do not need to post every second post, but they have an exception to post more often than the suspects when appropriate to move along parts of the investigation. (for example we will be starting with interviews of the suspects).

Also I will not Pm the murderer untill the last two people join.
The most important part is have fun mystery making!

332 Reviews

Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:16 pm
View Likes
Blackwood says...

The Detectives:
Christophe Lefèvre: Lead Detective.
Monsieur Charles "Boston" Baudelaire: Detective.

Alfred "Luther" Marr: Commissioner and Head of Police.

The Suspects:

Conor Patrick: Rumored Lover.
Monsieur Claude Innocente:Work Assistant.
Indie Harris: Common Pickpocket.
Madame Elaine Delacroix:Infatuated Neighbour.
Mademoiselle Casey Madren: Maid.
Dr. Carina Durand:Rival Scientist.
Mr. Nicholas Rose: Local Pharmacist.
Norbert Belrose: Delivery Boy.

332 Reviews

Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:55 pm
Blackwood says...

Christophe

“Boston!”
The high pitched yell rang through the cluttered scene of books, vials, little red flags and yellow tape. Boston jumped out of his dreamy daze, dropping the heavy hard covered book, ‘101 poisons’ on his foot, yelling out in pain.

Christophe shook his head, “Always with your head in a book,” he said as he bit into a chocolate coconut muesli bar. Boston regained his balance and picked up the book, dusting it off then blowing on it gently like a baby.
“Have you found anything useful?” Christophe asked, eyeing the book.

Boston bit his lip, “Symptoms of the victim included rashes, swelling of the throat, darkened blood stream and many other evidence of poison, yet the symptoms are just so broad yet narrow, none of them match up to any in this book so far” he said all at once in a hurried puff.
Christophe swallowed the last bite of his snack then dusted of his hands, pulling on a pair of tight gloves.
“Ironically Jacque was highly allergic to Cocamidopropyl betaine, did you know that?” He asked Boston in his matter-of-fact way as if he expected Boston to know what on earth it was. Boston shook his head blankly.
“I don’t suppose that is in that book of yours either” Christophe concluded with a smug smile. He picked up a soggy teabag from the floor and placed it into an evidence bag.

“I think you should go and investigate the murder victim for any signs of non-poison related assault” he instructed Boston, “I will stay here and take samples of all the chemicals I can find. Being a botanist’s lab this place is full of all sorts of poisons and potions. Besides, I think Luther had some news for you about the investigation.”

Boston hurried along without a complaint, he was used to Christophe’s demanding nature, the boy always got what he wanted. Christophe skimmed the room, taking in the crime scene. There was a spilled cup on tea that had stained the floor in a shape that looked like the sombre letter U. On the side table was a half-eaten biscuit.

Chocolate malt.

He noted the biscuit in his notebook.

It seems the victim was enjoying tea at time of death.

In the kitchen was a matching cup, dry and clean. Did the murder join Jacque for tea? Or did they never drink any at all? Apart from the tipped over chair and scattered papers there was no sign of commotion anywhere else in the house. Christophe returned to the office and studied the large white safe drilled into the wall. They would need a locksmith to find out what was inside, but it was no big guess to know it would be Jacques research papers.

Christophe tapped his pen against his lip then chewed the end, thinking hard. They would need witnesses. They needed to find out who had an alibi and who didn’t. They needed to find out who was involved with Jacque in every way. There was one main suspect that Christophe already had written down. Who better to start with than the person whom resided in the same home as Jacque. If anyone knew anything it would be Monsieur Claude Innocente. And if he did not, then he had better have a very good alibi.

pain is that feeling when you are feeling hurt, but it never goes away leaving me hurt. oh it hurts.
— Dragonthorn