Young Writers Society

Survival Island (Full/Started)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:27 pm
View Likes
JourneyGirl says...

Santana Poblar

The counselor we went to said that we need to bond as a family, so mother and father rented us a large family boat for the weekend. However, instead of all of us bonding, father is the "captain," and mother brought a boyfriend with her. I don't think it's a good idea to let my alcoholic father steer the boat, but mother refuses to hear it. Around 8:00 PM, Rainy and I start heading back to our room, when we crash. I pick Rainy up and clutch her close to me.

I run to the front of the boat, well what's left of it, and see we've hit some sharp rocks, and the boat is quickly sinking. Father couldn't have survived that hit from where he was, and the area where mother and her boyfriend were sitting has been destroyed. Debris are flying around from the impact, and I shield Rainy as best I can, taking the worst of the hits myself. Still carrying Rainy, I run all the way to the tail end of the boat, and not long before it goes all the way under I hold her tight and jump. I start swimming as best as I can with her clutching to me until I find two large pieces of wood from the boat. I have Rainy lay down on one and hold the other for myself. I push Rainy through the water for as long as I can, but after swimming for what seems like hours, it's getting too dark to see. It's hopeless anyways, I tried to be strong for Rainy, but she's been sleeping for a while, I take off my jacket, which I almost never do, even though the water is freezing, and put it on Rainy like a blanket. Starting to feel the extent of my injuries, the effects of fatigue and the freezing water and air, I give up and climb onto the other piece of wood. I pull Rainy close to me, and hold on tight to her little hand.

This is it. I think, This is the end. I take one final look at Rainy as best I can with the lack of light before letting fatigue and pain get the best of me.

When I wake up it must be about early afternoon. I'm on a beach, laying in the hot sand. I start coughing uncontrollably and throw up immediately, but after a few minutes I'm fine. That is until I realize that Rainy is no where in sight. Although my right foot and left hand are swollen and purple, and I have several cuts and bruises, I get up and begin my long search for my little sister. "Rainy!" I scream, my voice a little hoarse.

Rainy Poblar

Not long before bedtime, the boat crashes into some pointy rocks. Santana scoops me up and refuses to let me see what's going on. The only thing she tells me is that we are alone and that we have to jump. Next thing I know, the freezing water hits us and Santana starts to swim away. She finds some wood and puts me on one of the large pieces, telling me to lay down and try to sleep. I'm really scared. I know I got a couple scratches, but what about Santana? She got hit with a lot of stuff that was flying around. She tells me everything will be alright, and I fall asleep not long after, hoping that she's right.

When I wake up I'm on a hot beach, Santana's jacket draped over me. I cough and throw up, but when I'm done I look to see if Santana woke up yet. Maybe she knows where we are. But she's not there, I don't see her anywhere. I start walking around looking for her, but I don't find her. I find a guy and a girl, but the girl runs off. Whatever was wrong, she yelled at him that she didn't want to talk about it.

I walk up to him and poke him, which surprises him. He looks shocked to see me. "Have you seen my sister Santana?" I ask him, giving him the puppy-dog eyes, hoping that he has. He kneels beside me to get to my height. "Sorry, I don't think I have." He says, "I'm Mike. What's your name?" "Rainy." I tell him, "Can you help me find her?" I really hope he will, maybe he even knows where we are.

Spoiler! :
Sorry if it's terrible!!!!!!
~Journeygirl

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:04 am
View Likes
methrirr123 says...

Mike Lewiss: Still technically day 33

He was still baffled by what had just happened. First, he had had his ass mercilessly handed to him in a race with Raven, who had forgotten to mention before racing him that she was part fish, and then had strode off to be alone after he was about to ask (however rudely) about a massive gash accross her back. He had assumed that she had gotten it on the island, but it looked to old for that now that he thought of it. It clearly upset her. He wanted to comfort her. He felt obligated to do so. He wanted nothing more than to go to her and say "Look. It doesn't matter. It'll all be ok." or something. But his luck had other plans.

Not ten seconds, a little girl had prodded him tentatively on the leg. He turned startled to find a very short child looking innocently up at him. "Have you seen my sister Santana?" she asked. Is this island some kind of resort? Am I stupid? he thought to himself before he respoded, still thouroughly shocked by her sudden appearance.

"Sorry, I don't think I have." He said. "I'm Mike. What's your name?" he asked.

"Rainy" she said. "Can you help me find her?" she asked. Mike thought for less than a second, ellecting that he didn't really have a choice.

"Of course." he said. Then he looked back to Raven, who hadn't noticed anything. She was shaking slightly with silent sobs. It was obvious that this scar was very personal. He would ask no more about it. Instead, he went over to her, and sat next to her. He wanted to say something, but he couldn't find the words. He put his arm around her in his absence of mind, almost on accident, more likely on instinct. However awkward it became, he didn't move his arm. She tensed under it at first, but she stopped crying. There were tearstreaks down her face.

And there they sat, and the tension left. She grew calm and took a deep breath. And Mike hadn't said anything. It was the single most manly thing he ever did. She eventually leaned more against him, which made him feel even more confident. It became apparent that she trusted him. She had to. He was all that she had right now, on this island. And for a moment, if just for a split second, there was nothing else. But, of course, there was the six year old.

"Hi!" she said. Raven jumped, knocking them both off of the rock they were sitting on.

"Who..." she began.

"I'm Rainy! And this is Mike!" she said. Mike couldn't lie to himself. Her innocence was adorable, even if her timing was aweful.

"Rainy has lost her sister. I agreed to help her find her." said Mike as he got up, hoping that Raven wouldn't get mad. He went to help Raven to her feet.

"When?" asked Raven, getting up.

"Just a minute ago." said Mike. Raven didn't seem to object that much.

"Let's get back to camp." she said. She wasn't crying anymore, but she was still pretty sad, he could tell.

As they went back, Mike realized that there were now three he had to provide for. This can only end well, he thought.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.

95 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 95
Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:34 am
View Likes
Clarity says...

Raven

Raven sat down and let out her sobs. She always got upset when she saw the scar herself, never mind when someone else saw it. For some reason, she got even more upset by the fact that Mike had seen it; they had been having so much fun… he must think I’m hideous.

During her thinking, Mike came over and sat down next to her. Completely unexpected, he put his arm around Raven. She tensed, but stopped crying and soon enough she began to feel secure. She trusted Mike and couldn’t help but enjoy the comfort of his arm.

“Hi!” The voice was so unexpected that Raven jumped and fell off the rock, taking Mike with her.

“Who…” She began, but the little girl interrupted.

“I’m Rainy! And this is Mike!” Raven looked at the small girl and smiled.

“Rainy has lost her sister. I agreed to help find her.” Mike said.

“When?” Raven asked, accepting Mikes help to get up.

“Just a minute ago.” He replied. Another person… Raven thought, she felt like she needed to help Rainy, and she would.

“Let’s get back to camp.” Raven said. She had stopped crying but still felt slightly sad.

They went back to camp and put Rainy to bed, she was so small and it was getting dark. After she fell asleep, Raven sat across from Mike at the fire. They sat in silence for a few minutes, but Raven felt bad about earlier.

“I’m sorry,” she said, “I shouldn’t have snapped at you like that.”

“There’s no need to be sorry, I shouldn’t have been prying.” He sounded guilty. Raven got up and sat closely to Mike.

“Don’t feel bad about asking, people do, it just upset me that you had to see it, I always try to keep it covered.” The scar had always left her with a sense of vulnerability that she hated to feel.

“It’s just that you cried when I started to ask, I could tell it was personal, I shouldn’t have mentioned anything.”

“It is personal… and for the moment I’ll tell you that I got it at home, I didn’t have very nice parents.”

“Oh…I’m sorry Raven.”
“It doesn’t matter, this world has trash, and sometimes other people get caught up in it.” She rested her head on Mikes shoulder and looked into the fire. “I’m just glad you didn’t run away screaming” She laughed.

“I’d never do that.” He sounded serious; Raven knew she could trust him, no matter what.

They both remained quiet and looked into the fire, soon enough Raven fell asleep, still leaning against Mike.
"Be courageous and try to write in a way that scares you a little."

she/they

Home is where the books are kept.

Reviews: 3
Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:55 am
View Likes
Xaxas96 says...

Alex

As I pull the life raft on the shore, the life raft rips. I look disappointedly at it, expecting an apology or something from it. I grab the backpack from the raft as well as the suitcase. I then chose to aimlessly walk around, trying to find someone or something resembling civilization. After maybe three hours I take refuge in a cave, setting my stuff down in it. I check the back of the cave making sure it was empty. It wasn't very big, any the only highlight of it was that the hole in the ceiling made a nice skylight. I find a spot and rest for awhile.

Waking up I look outside to see dusk approaching, and to my stomach growling. Searching nearby for a hour I find some berries. I should of found something more meaty before I fell asleep. I gather some dead wood as well to make pile start a fire, glad that I know how to do this. "Nothing like cooked berries, am I right." I say to the wind, Great now am talking to myself, it hasn't even been a day yet. I eat my berries in silence and lay back down, looking up at the stars. "What is this island going to bring to me?" I say closing my eyes, and sleep through the night.

Spoiler! :
Sorry it's not the best, I'll be more active now that my internet and computer are working properly.
This is our routine. Day and night, all we do is survive; it never lets up. He tells me how these streets were crowded with people just going about their lives.. must've been nice.~Ellie

56 Reviews

Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:40 pm
View Likes
methrirr123 says...

Mike Lewiss: Into day 34

All that night as they slept on the ground around his fire, which had not gone out to his relief, all he could think about was she fell asleep on me. If he was alone, he would have liked nothing more than to climb his trees, and sleep there. But he was on the ground, with Rainy and Raven. And she's sleeping on me

A day and a half earlier, and he would have woken her to bring her up to the trees, so that they could protect her, and he as well. But now they were grounded. And he felt no fear. She was there. It may have been that she gave him courage. But, as he pondered sleeplessly, gazing into the embers, Raven sleeping deeply against him, she didn't really give him courage so much as a reason to have it. He needed to be brave now. He needed to be the protector. And so it shall be, he thought, prodding the flames with the tip of his Machete.

Nonetheless, this night he was uneasy. He didn't sleep for fear of something happening, a predator. He could hear the howling of wolves to the far north. He could hear the roars of mountain lions far off to the south east. What is this place? It was as though all the terrains of the earth had been combined to one island.

As he thought, the brush off to the left broke silently, and in strode a huge man, all muscle, brandishing a pointed stick. He was silent as he approached. His eyes were curious, as he examined Mike. Instinctively, Mike raised his machete, and put his arm around Raven. He looked up at this new person. He didn't look as friendly as the others. He was huge, and looked like if the two fought there was a good chance that Mike would get killed. But he didn't care.

"You don't look like one of Ioann's." he said softly, almost amused his voice was deep, and daunting. "Alot of people on this rock." Neither lowered their weapon as he came closer. Mike didn't get up. Just held his ground, arm still around Raven. She had stirred slightly, but as far as Mike knew, she still slept.

"Shhhh..." Mike said. "You'll wake them up." he wasn't smiling, but the big guy did. He almost chuckled. "What do you want?" Mike asked coldly.

"Just dropping by." he said. "I saw your fire. Thought you were one of Ioann's." Who's Ioann?

"Whoever that is, I'm not his. Or hers. Whatever." he said, and Raven stirred again. The guy with the spear finally dropped his guard, or at least that's what it looked like. Mike lowered the machete as well. "I crashed here a month ago on a Helicopter."

"And survived?" asked the giant.

"Must have." Mike said, checking his pulse. "Still alive." he confirmed. The giant chuckled again, before looking around. He saw the traps, and the Treehouse.

"Nice setup you've got here."

"I had a month to set it up. And three people are gonna be tough to feed." said Mike grimly.

"Tell me about it." said the giant, sitting down at the fire. He looked up at Mike. "What is your name?" he asked.

"Mike." he said, holding out a hand. The giant ignored it, staring into the fire.

"Blaze." he said.

"What?"

"Blaze. That's my name." He didn't look away from the fire. He seemed to be contemplating something. After a while, he spoke again. "There is no way off this island, is there." he said darkly. Before Mike could answer, he continued. "People are going to die. I've got three to take care of. Honestly, they're not helping at all. If this is a test, it's gonna come down to me and you." he said. What is he talking about?

"I don't know what you mean by test." Mike said. Raven tensed. She's definitely awake now. "I'm just trying to survive long enough to get off of this island."

"You won't be able to fend for three." he said coldly.

"Be that as it may, I can't just leave them."

"It may come to that."

"I won't let it come to that." he said. This time Rainy stired and yawned, and neither Mike nor Blaze moved. After a while, Blaze looked at him again. This time, the curiosity was gone, replaced by a sort of respect.

"I won't be able to help you." he said. "And I won't ask you for help. But you seem like a good guy." he seemed to pick his words carefully. "I hope you and your friends do survive."

"I hope you survive as well." he said. "If I find a way off of this island, I'll come get you."

"No you won't." he said grimly, his eyes downcast. "Not if you know what's good for you."

Mike was confused. Blaze rose from his seat and retrieved his spear. He's trying to survive, too. Mike reminded himself. "Good luck." called Mike.

"You too." he called back.

"See you around?" asked Mike.

"I hope not." he called back.

And he left Mike alone in the firelight, with Raven asleep again on his shoulder, and the worst combination of fear, forboding, and worry he had ever experienced. Eventually, he fell asleep. But when they woke, although there were no footprints, he knew it was no dream. He still clutched in one arm Raven, tightly against him.

And in the other his machete was still held ready.

"What's the matter?" Raven asked tentatively as she stirred awake.

He knew she would see in his eyes that what had happened last night had happened. "Nothing." he said. But he didn't rise. He would wait for her to get up first. He didn't want to leave her, not for a moment.

He had to protect her. And so it shall be.

95 Reviews

Supporter

Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:51 pm
View Likes
Clarity says...

Raven

Throughout the night, Raven stirred every so often, thinking she heard voices. Maybe she had, but at one point, she was sure she heard Mike speak to someone unknown.

“…If this is a test, it’s gonna come down to me and you.” Spoke the mystery voice.

“I don’t know what you mean by test.” This caused Raven unease, and she tensed at the conversation. For the while, she was not certain whether this was a dream or reality. Soon after, she drifted into a deeper sleep, not waking until morning.

It was a bright morning as Raven awoke. Something was different… Mike, he had his arm around her protectively. Is something wrong? She thought.

“What’s the matter?” Raven asked as she stirred.

“Nothing.” He said; now that was a straight out lie and Raven could tell without even looking at him.

“You’re worried.” She said it as more of a statement than a question and made herself more comfortable under Mike’s arm. At her action, he seemed momentarily surprised, but that soon passed.

“You read people well. I’ll tell you about everything later, for now let’s just wait for Rainy to wake up and go exploring.”

“Good plan, I don’t want to move yet.” And that was a fact; Raven was beginning to like Mike’s company more and more each day.

For several minutes, they sat in silence. Raven was about to speak when Rainy walked over and sat in front of them. She didn’t look shy, just curious.

“Do you two go out?” She asked. Both Raven and Mike laughed at the question, she was so adorable.

“Um, no we don’t.” Raven replied, still giggling at how straightforward Rainy had been.

“Oh. I’m hungry, have we got any biscuits?” She sounded completely oblivious to the fact that they were on an island with no access to such things.

“No Rainy, we’re on an island, there aren’t any biscuits at the moment.” Mike said, clearly amused at her.

“Hmm, what do we have?” She sounded disappointed, but she is six and must not understand the fact of being stranded on an island.

“We need to go looking for food, I’ll tell you what, pick a direction and we’ll head that way!” Raven said, trying to get Rainy excited about exploring.

“Okay! This way!” She pointed towards the trees and started walking in that direction, ahead of Mike and Raven.

“Oh dear me, we better go after her.” Raven stood reluctantly, she had been enjoying sitting with Mike.

“Ah, you’re right, let’s go before we lose her.”

“Race you!” before she finished the sentence, she had already started sprinting toward the trees, it took Mike a moment but he caught up and pulled Raven to a halt.

“Hey, that was so not fair!” He said jokingly.

“Well, it was fun.” She laughed. At that, they walked side by side, a few steps behind Rainy just to give her some fun at the idea of leading them.

she/they

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:37 pm
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Katie Stone

A small squirrel scampered up my foot as the world around me turned a dark orange. The squirrel smiled and offered me a acorn which didn't taste half bad. Colin was there but he was completely naked except a small cloth covering his waist.

"Join us Katie." Said Colin raising a stick that had a large eagle at the end. I tried to run but my legs wouldn't move. I looked down to see they had turned into flowers.

Blaze stood tall over me holding a knife above his head. "You have chosen, goodbye Katrina Isabel Stone."

I was horrified and she felt even worse because he used her full name. He lowed the knife and just before Blaze shoved it into my stomach I woke.

Colin had me in his lap and his eye's where closed and tears could be seen on his cheeks. I over and took his big hand in my small one. He looked into my eye's and said something I couldn't hear at all.

Colin Stone

Katie had been pasted out for 2 day's now. I was absolutely terrified that she would never wake up. My splint was holding up and the swelling on her leg had gone down after we soaked it in icy water for 5 hours.

I felt something warm take my hand and I looked down to see Katie's blue eye's looking at me. I had been crying because I knew I had failed my parents. As soon as she woke I felt the tears coming back but I held them.

"Holy crap," I mumbled under my breath in relief.

I called for Blaze who came over as soon as the words came out of my mouth. He smiled at Katie who was still holding my hand. She had a very confused look on her face.

"Katie, you OK?" I asked her the confused look on her face. She had no emotion and she frowned.

'Oh no, she can't hear me.' I thought staring at her confused little face.

Blaze bent down to Katie and whispered something into her ear but she still had no response.

"She must have hit her head." Blaze said leaning back onto the log. Luna walked over at that moment and sat next to me. I was now full on sobbing and Luna wrapped a shaky arm around my shoulders.

Katie sat up slowly and hugged me. She looked up at me and had a terrified look on her face.

"I can't hear you!" She almost screamed looking at me. I nodded and kissed her forehead pulling her into my chest.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:00 pm
View Likes
Dakushau says...

James/Glunk

I look over as Celest walks through the doorway. She looks towards the man beside me, surprised.

"Welcome back, young one. This is Alphonse, who will be staying with us." I say, motioning to Alph.

"Hello, my name is Celest." she says, warily.

"Hi. It's nice to meet you." Alph replies.

"If you two will excuse me I need to step outside for a moment," I say. "If you will, Celest, could you show Alph where he will be sleeping? Thank you." I walk over to the door and exit my house. Now, where would that part be? Oh, wait! That pile over there! I walk over to the pile and start rummaging through it. After a while, I find what I'm looking for. Here it is! This is what I'm looking for.

I look at the sky and noticing evening is here. Picking up the part, I start heading back inside. When I walk in I see Celest sitting on her blanket in the corner, Alph is standing against the opposite wall. I ignore them and head on over to my desk where I was making the crossbow. Alph walked over and stood nearby, excitedly.

Laying the part down on the table, I get to work. Now with this piece if I put it there then that piece will be here and I can screw that shut there and then I have to attach those pieces there. *Click* There we go! It's finished.

I examine the device laying before me. Intricately built and masterly put together, this device should work very well. I grab the leather holster, which I had made earlier, it had a built-in crossbow-bolt storage pouch in it, and strap it around my back. I then pick up the crossbow and slide it into the holster that now rests on my back.

Suddenly my stomach growls. Standing up, I walk over to a pile in the corner. I dig through it and find a few pieces of fruit. In gather up the food and walk over to the table in the corner, which sits on the opposite wall across from my work desk, and set the food upon it.

"Here's some food," I announce, taking a piece off fruit and shoving it into my mouth. I watch as Alph and Celest come over and get a piece of fruit and start eating. I take a seat on my sleeping mat and watch as they eat. Soon night has fallen and after a bit, I fall into a deep sleep.

In vivid detail, a nightmare unfolds before me:
"You will never see the light of day again! Not if I have anything to say about it!"
"You! Why are you doing this to me!"
"Why? Because I enjoy it! I delight in pleasure at your pain and misery!"
"Why won't you stop this madness?"
"A better question is: Why would I? I will be a plague on your life! You will eventually die at my hands, but not before I make you so full of pain, anguish, and misery that you can't take it anymore! And then beyond that! I will destroy all your hopes and dreams! All of them! Do you hear me you worthless little soldier? Do you hear me!"

I awake, sweating and shaking slightly. The nightmare, it felt so real! The words of the man were still stuck inside mind: I will destroy all your hopes and dreams! I sit up and a terrible ache runs across my back, I had forgotten I was wearing my crossbow and apparently I had slept on it.

I look around and notice it's now morning. Apparently I had slept through the entire night. I look and see Celest sleeping soundly on her mat and on the other wall I see Alph sleeping on his. I shake my head, trying to clear it of last nights dream. A single phrase kept repeating itself inside my mind: I will destroy you. You will die at my hands, and every single one of your hopes and dreams will be crushed by me. You will die, and I will take much pleasure in your death.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:32 am
winterbites says...

Luna Rae

Collin had just kissed his sister on her nose after she woke up not being able to talk. I looked to Blaze concerned and stood closer to him.

"What's wrong with her?" I asked whispering to him. I tugged on his sleeve, "Blaze?"

"I'm not to sure." He said looking down at me. I closed my eyes and wished this was over. Blaze put his arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer in. I leant my head on his chest and kept my eyes closed in silence. Blaze rubbed my shoulder as I drifted off to sleep in his warmness.

Spoiler! :
Sorry it short. I am so dead right now D;
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

Reviews: 0
Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:44 pm
View Likes
mortimermcmirestinks says...

Alph

I mean, I’d heard that he went crazy, but this was a bit much. He was insisting he was named “Glunk”, but if this crazy hermit wasn’t the famous Dr. Anderson (I was so freaked out, I called him “Mr Anderson” by mistake), I would gladly eat my fishing hat.

The girl who called herself Celest looked at me while we were eating some fruit and asked me “Um, why are you biting your hat?”

“What?” I looked up from my (surprising tasty) hat at her puzzled face.

“Your hat. You’re eating it.”

I looked down and then back up. “And?”

She shook her head with a “this guy is nuts” look on her face and resumed her banana.

I looked over at Glunk, who was sitting a ways off and appeared to be looking through me while devouring an odd-looking fruit.

“So what’s up with you calling Mr. Glunk ‘James Anderson’?” Celest asked me, after finishing her banana.

I set aside my hat that I decided to put off eating until I was sure it wasn’t Dr Anderson dozing off in the corner, and picked up an apple. “Well,” I started, “He looks remarkably similar to a really famous inventor of about fifteen to twenty years ago named Dr. James Anderson. I think it is him, but just having gone bonkers from living on this island for about fifteen years.”

“Oh.”

After a very long silence filled with munching sounds and suspicious looks, I went over to the pile of animal skins that Glunk had designated my bed. I figured I would go to sleep after doing stuff all day and then wake up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed tomorrow and go fishing.

THE NEXT DAY

Squirrels seem to have reserved all the spots for “bright eyed and bushy-tailed”, so I woke up feeling (and looking, and sounding, and smelling, et cetera) rather like a yeti who has gone several days without sleep. It looked to be about ten a.m., and while Celest was still sleeping in a pile on the other side of the room, Glunk was nowhere to be seen. I dragged myself out of bed, somehow got back to the tent/blanket/thing that I had made the night before last, and got my fishing gear. My fishing hat looked rather funny with a bite taken out, but whatever.

If everything else on the island was a nightmare, fishing was…well…significantly less of one. I caught lots of fish, including several species that were entirely unknown to me and sizes that I had never even heard other fishermen lie about. I was putting the fish into a sack that I had gotten from the piles of stuff in Glunk’s house when I heard his voice behind me.
Last edited by mortimermcmirestinks on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Normal is boring. My deviantART acount isn't!

56 Reviews

Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:29 am
View Likes
methrirr123 says...

Mike Lewis: Day 34.

Rainy hadn't led us far before getting tired. And hungry. She wouldn't stop pestering for food. They had passed no sign of anything or anyone interesting, and Mike was starting to feel insecure about finding his way back to base camp. They had gone at least a mile. it was probably around noon. They had followed the river, though, so he supposed he shouldn't worry. Besides, Raven was there. He had to be sure about things. He just felt this unconditional need to protect her.

And then there was Rainy.

"But I'm HUNGRY!" she said loudly.

"Whether or not your hungry does not affect the fact that we HAVE NO FOOD, Rainy." Mike said. Kids really suck, he thought guiltily.

"Rainy, sweetie," Raven said. Mike really envied her patience. "We're hungry too."

"Why doesn't Mike go hunting? He could probably kill a chicken with his bear hands! I saw him kill a fish!" she turned to mike. "Go find a chicken!"

"I can't, this is an island." said Mike.

"Oh." she said. "But I'm HUNGRY!"

Mike rested his face in his palm, for suddenly it was tired. This is how I'm going to die. Not starvation. Not thirst. Suicide.

For several hours they stayed with the river. They met a waterfall, that emptied into a pool. It was crystal clear, and beautiful. He looked at Raven. She thought so too. But she was looking at him. Mike smiled.

Rainy was waving to someone. And he was waving back, a middle aged man, fishing on the side of the lake. There was a log cabin just visible in the distance. Mike couldn't believe it.

"Hey!" he called.

"Hey!" the voice called back. He gestured to the pond. "These fish are fantastic! Seriously!"

Spoiler! :
Sorry for the delay. I was waiting for a Blaze post.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:51 pm
View Likes
Dakushau says...

Spoiler! :
I'm sorry for the wait. I've been a bit busy. I hope now that I have more free time we can get posting again. Also this is a new character I just added. The profile is in the DT: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?f=200&t=97310&p=1137225#p1137225

Kyle Davis

The waves roared around me. I was going to die. Maybe I was already dead. Now there's a thought. A sudden flash of pain tingled down my spine. No, I was alive. For the moment anyway. I could taste something in my mouth. It was blood. I tried to spit it out but salt water just went in. I tried to get up, to get out of the water. I couldn't. I tried to force my eyes open but that just caused them to burn. I could feel myself slipping away into unconsciousness. I need to stay awake. I told myself, but I couldn't and soon I fell into the world of the unconscious.

I awoke with a start. Am I alive? Yes, I am. I could still hear the waves crashing around me but it sounded different now. Suddenly my body was shaken again. I was still in pain, but forced my eyes open.

"Are you okay," someone, a girl, asked me.

"I don't know," I replied, every word hurting my throat. With the girl's help I sat up and looked around me. I appeared to be on a beach of some sort. "Where am I?"

"I don't know." she replied.

"My name's Kyle." I tell her.

"I'm Santana"

James/Glunk

I creep through the shadows, crossbow in hand. They won't beat me. We are going to win this war! I shake my head. War? What war? Where are these memories coming from? Why are they so vivid. I didn't know. All I knew is that the dreams and thoughts were becoming more frequent. It's been getting worse ever since these people started to appear on this island, my island. I pulled the trigger and shot an arrow into the nearby creature I had been stalking. It fell to the ground, blood pouring from it's wound. This deer will help feed us longer. Especially since it seems I get new people living in my already cramped home each day. I walk over to the deer and pulled out the arrow. Better get back home now.

I start dragging the deer's now lifeless body. Soon, I reached my home. I got there just as a few young ones appeared. I heard them and Alph greeting each other.

"Hello," I say to them. The older two spin around looking startled. "Welcome to my humble home." Which keeps getting more residents every day, I add in my mind.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:16 am
winterbites says...

Luna Rae

I woke up the next morning next to Blaze. He hadn't moved, which was surprising. I stretched and yawned, trying not to bump Blaze.

"Oh, go-" I held my chest. "Collin! You scared me.." I said to the boy sitting beside me. He is a bit weird, but I'm used to it. I put the back of my hand to my forehead.

"Sorry Luna... I d-didn't mean to.." He got to his knees.

"It's fine.. I'm just not used to people.." I say awkwardly. He got up and reached out his hand to me. "Thanks." I smiled taking his hand.

"Wanna go see the waterfall I found?" He asked smiling, still holding my hand.

I look back to Blaze still sleeping, then over to Katie, she was also sleeping. "I, urm, yeah.." His face lit up.

"Really?" I nodded, he pulled me by the hand and soon enough we were both running. I admit it's fun. Sometimes, forgetting about your fears really helps.

"Wow.." I swooped down and ran my hand through the crystal water and looked up at the falls, "It's beautiful." I smiled.

"I thought you'd like it." Collin nodded.

"Like it? I love it!" I laughed and splashed him. He looked down at me with a grin. "I take it. I take it back!" I giggled as he scooped water in to his hand threatening to drench my hair, "Ekkk!" I squealed as the cool water soaked my hair and dripped down my back.

We splashed eachother for a bit. We got totally drenched. "This was fun.." He whispered as we sat in the early morning sun with our leg in the water. The water was just being to warm up.

"It was... Thanks.." I smiled, he smiled back. We laid in the morning sun talking and laugh. He exprssed his worry for his siter, he seemed really down abut it, but I cheered his up by talking about possitive things. We had a great time. "Do you think we should be getting back?"

"Awwh, five more minutes?" He pouted.

Spoiler! :
COME ON GUYS!! ;-; Don't let this storybook die anymore D;
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed May 01, 2013 1:58 am
View Likes
littleauthor says...

Katie Stone

Katie sat watching Blaze try to talk to her, but of course, she couldn't hear him. She was so confused on why she wouldn't hear so she she sort of just stared off into space. Katie watched Colin and Luna go off somewhere. She sat on her log still tired from not getting enough sleep and stripped a stick of its bark.

"Blaaze? Whata going on!" Katie screamed not being able to hear her self. Blaze took a stick and wrote in the mud puddle near by.

You lost your hearing when you hit your head. Katie read this over and over again till it finally made since. She nodded and sunk back down on her log pulling her stick.

Colin Stone

Colin was having a lot of fun with Luna and had completely forgot about Katie. He jumped back in the water and splashed Luna.

"come on, you know you want to." He smirked as luna still sat in the rock he pulled over. He smiled and walked over to her picking her out and swinging her over his shoulder.

"COLIN!" She screamed as Luna's fists pounded on his back. Colin laughed and set her down in the deepest part of the water he could find.

"Watch this." He said swimming out towards a ledge. He climbed up the ledge and stood near the topic the waterfall. He jumped smiling the entire way down and smashed into he water below. He swam next to Luna who's smile had returned to her face.

"My turn!" She said swimming towards the ledge. Colin swam after her wanting bother go. He went up before her so he could help her up the tall rock wall. Colin held Luna's hand as she climbed up and then guided her to the jumping spot.

"Ready?" Colin asked letting go of her hand.

"Uhhh," Luna said looking at Colin with fear in her eyes.

" Here, I'll jump with you." Colin said moving closer to her. Luna nodded as Colin took her small hand in his big one. "on the count of 3. 1...2...3!"

When he got to 3 him and Luna jumped off the edge Luna screamed as they hit the water. They came up laughing and finally decided to head back. Wet and cold they returned to camp. Colin changed and hng his wet clothing on a tree as he pulled Kayie into his lap. He stroked her hair and thought about what a great time he had with Luna.
It's better to be WEIRD than boring

95 Reviews

Supporter

Wed May 08, 2013 5:28 pm
View Likes
Clarity says...

Raven

“You know, you’re gonna have to be a bit more patient with her. She’s about six and has the attention span of a… well, six year old.” Raven knew how annoying kids got, but you had to be patient, no matter whether they made you want to jump off a cliff without a parachute.

“Oh, I know. It’s just the constant whining! I can’t go anywhere for any food. We’re on a freaking island. Trust me, if finding a snack was that easy, I’d have gained fifty pounds over the last month.” Mike always had a way of turning a sucky situation into one to laugh about.

Raven was just about to ask what Rainy was waving at, but before she had a chance Mike shouted across the lake.

“Hey!” He called.

“Hey!” The voice replied. He motioned to the pond. “These fish are fantastic! Seriously!” Well, it was clear that this man was by no means surprised at seeing two teens and a little kid. But Raven and Mike were clearly astounded by the sight of another person.

“See! That man can catch food, but you can’t! You’re rubbish!” Rainy shouted and stuck her tongue out at mike, then crossed her arms over her chest in a huff. Raven couldn’t help but burst out with laughter at the sight of Mike’s face.

“Oh boy, did she tell you gooooood!” She whispered to Mike, still laughing at his jaw-dropped face. “Rainy, that wasn’t very nice, but this was just a lucky shot. We didn’t know this place was even here until now.” No matter how funny the huge outburst from such a little girl was, Raven had to let her know that it wasn’t acceptable behaviour… Dang it, I sound like a mom! She thought.

“Well it was true.” Rainy muttered.

“The part about the man catching food may have been, but Mike is not rubbish. He has done a lot for you ain’t he? He’s got you food before, we just wasn’t in a very good place to get anything. Is there anything you want to say to Mike?”

“I’m sorry…” She mumbled quietly.

“Rainy, I don’t think he heard that.”

“Fine. I’m sorry! Now can I get something to eat?!”

“Thank you, Rainy. And soon, but first we need to figure out who this man is. Go play in the water.”

“Okay.”

“Only the shallow end! Don’t go deeper than your knees!” Raven shouted as Rainy got to the water’s edge.

Raven turned around to talk to Mike, he was smirking.

“What’s so funny?” She asked.

“You! You actually got her to listen to you. I am well and truly amazed. I don’t even know how you can summon up the patience and motherliness to deal with her!” Now Raven definitely knew she had sounded like a mom.

“Motherliness? I don’t want to sound like a mom! I’m just trying to make sure she behaves herself.”

“Aww, don’t worry, it isn’t a bad thing. It just shows you care! But at the moment, we need to think about that man. He doesn’t even sound surprised to see us!”

“I know, do you think he’s with other people?”

“We won’t know unless we ask.”

“Okay then. Can you go talk to him? I should keep an eye on Rainy…”

“Okay, I won’t be too long. And see? It just shows you care.”

“Thanks…” Raven smiled at Mike and he smiled back. “Tell me what he says after.”

“I will.” Mike walked away to go and talk to the man across the lake, while Raven sat a few metres away from Rainy, observing both her and Mike.

Spoiler! :
Late reply, I know. But everyone needs to get their heads back into gear and start working on this storybook again! Come on guys. Don't let it die!

she/they

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman