z

Young Writers Society

Magi High School (Closed;Starting Soon)

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:03 am
KingLucifer says...

Raphael Gracia

The Iron Guardian, the strongest opponent anyone could face here at this school, and it was time to test my power against it, I'll try to be the first person to defeat the Iron Guardian this year. As the guardian knocks away another student that fell on unconscious in the fight, I step forward into the light, I could hear the whole room go silent. Everyone who was anyone knew me, the Iron Guardian seem to notice who I was.

"Raphael, I had never expect to face you in battle," The Iron Guardian said.

"Mhmph, your strength is truly admirable Iron Guardian, but it is time for you to test your strength against someone who know to rival even your strength," I said.

"Raphael, it has truly become time to see who is the stronger of the two guardians, come now and face me!" he said.

I pull the blade from my back as I watched the Iron Guardian, I never took a fight seriously unless it was needed, I knew Belle would be watching, and Sofia, I knew she would be watching to. I slug my blade on my shoulders as I ran forward, I was actually a slow runner so I used only one hand to swing my sword. Thanks to the Iron gloves the guardian wore, he grabbed my blade, but I could tell her was struggling with my strength, I was incredibly strong as was already.

Sofia

I couldn't believe it, Raphael was matching his strength against the Iron Guardian, I knew Raphael was incredibly strong, but him defeating the Iron Guardian seemed unlikely. Niran was right by my side, watching the event, she knew Raphael, in fact when we first met, Raphael was my guardian, my protector0.

"It's Raphael! it's Raphael!" My bird said repeatedly.

I looked at Niran, she didn't have the best expression, maybe she had something to tell me? I sort of knew Niran didn't like Raphael, but she knew he was my protector, and that he was around for my safety. Then, things happened and, times changed. And well, here we were now.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:30 am
Redfang18 says...

Niran Pyro

It didn't take a genius to know that Raphael would challenge the Iron Guardian. Protectors always challenged anybody just to prove their worth to their charges. It bothered me to Raphael was around Sofia when I first met her, so there was a chance that they had a thing together that wasn't a bond between the guardian and the guarded. Although he was still around, it made me wish he wasn't. I wanted Sofia, but it might be hard with Raphael in the way.
Poe squeezed his talons on my shoulder. Stop going on blind faith, Mistress. There are more fish in the sea besides the one next to you.
I shooed Poe off my shoulder. Knock it off, Poe. I'm still willing to lose sleep on Sofia's account. I'm also willing to send you to Uncle Charles for the night if you keep goading me like this.
That shut Poe's beak for sure.
I didn't bother to look at Raphael. I knew he was just proving his strength. Although I wanted to look at Sofia and tell her that I was willing to be her test subject for her final experiement, I kept my mouth shut and my head slightly low.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:32 pm
Jalmoc says...

Lance Lightreign

I watched the battle between this hot tempered student and the Iron Guardian with interest. The one with the temper moved slower but it was obvious that he had immense power, and just one of those swings could be fatal. The Iron Guardian was quicker, but it seemed his armor was limiting his movement. That could be his downfall. I thought as a shower of sparks danced around them.

The phoenix on my shoulder cawed softly rubbing its beak against my cheek. I smiled and stroked the soft feathers on its back. He was a part of my magic and it was eager to test itself in the ring.

"Just wait a little longer." I chuckled as the bird anxiously ruffled its wings. I returned my attention back to the duel, taking in the small details of the battle. I could tell that both were holding back their true power, but it seemed as if the violent one might lose it any minute. I prepared my magic just in case things escalated out of hand. I could feel light magic flowing through my veins, forming a slight shield between most students and the duel. Better safe than sorry.
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:10 pm
Craz says...

Linette
As Raphael slashed his sword at the Iron Guardian, Linette could feel a mounting tension through the crowd. She knew how powerful a Protector could be, and just how bellicose they were. Still, Raphael took too long to land the right blow, and the Iron Guardian had time to get out of the way. It was more of a cat and mouse game than anything, and it would only be a matter of time before one of them made a mistake.
Out of the corner of her eye, she spotted Lance put up a protective barrier around most of the students, protecting them from the ongoing fight. His phoenix ruffled his feathers in agitation, and she thought of her own Derora, who was probably waiting in the woods somewhere. She touched her shoulder and whistled for her, and in a whisper of a cold wind Derora perched on the edge of her finger. Derora whistled her greeting to Linette, and stretched out her wings. She was dark blue like the night sky, with small white markings around her eyes, and underneath her wings had brilliant cyan feathers that glittered in the light. Linette absently stroked Derora's head, returning her attention back towards the fight.
Suddenly the air shimmered around Raphael. A vein was sticking out of his neck, and it was obvious that his patience had broken. His sword began to glow slightly, and the students inhaled audibly. Great, she thought, and reinforced Lance's barrier with her own.
"we'll fasten it with some safety pins and tape and a dream, and you're good to go, honey."

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:20 pm
Omni says...

Spoiler! :
So, Starleene posting will be a predessor to my post.

My snake curled around my right arm, shocking me a little. It hissed a little.

I was enjoying the battle against Nithe and the first years. Even some second and third years were trying their might against him. A couple of snarky fourth years even got up in line. Nithe was batting them away like flies. His fighting style was always superior to most others. I could tell that distinct style from a mile away, and not even some flimsy armor set would deter me from knowing him.

Anela was almost bored. I could tell that she was waiting for someone to slip up, so she could "tickle" them with her magic.

This school was solely focused on Iron. Iron this, Iron that. Of course they would have people fight for the spot of Iron Guardian, because no one could beat Nithe unless they wanted the entire gym to be destroyed, making countless fatalities that were unneeded.

Venom was the other side to Iron, always shadowing its tracks. Iron this, Iron that, and Venom was always trailing behind, cleaning up their mess. That's the reason why no one from Venom was allowed to fight for any spot in Iron.

Just as I was thinking about this, Raphael jumped up, parting the crowd of fighters. My mouth gaped open. Anela, who rarely was surprised, clenched her jaw. I could tell that she thought the same thing I did. Raphael, the current Venom Guardian, was trying to fight the newly appointed Iron Guardian?

He clashed with Nithe, sending shockwaves of power throughout the stadium. Although it was strong, I could tell that it was not all that they could do. I could see the members of Iron from all around the stadium act the same way we did. Lance and Linette cast a shield around the students, fearing the same thing I did.

I looked at Anela and Igna. They were watching the battle with different kinds of intensity, Igna with complete interest, Anela with disinterest, but showing signs of mild annoyance.

I whispered to Anela, "We have got to do something. Not only is it against the rules of Venom, it is going to end up badly, and this weak shield will not do anything, no matter their best efforts."

"Do something,then." Anela said abruptly. I thought about it. Doing so would be disatstorous, but it is needed.

So I stood, and once again, the stadium quietened down.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Reviews: 3
Thu Mar 14, 2013 4:02 pm
Xaxas96 says...

Nithe

The Line of students now seemed thin. I smiled knowing none of them could challenge me accordingly. Then the cheers and cries from the battle stopped at once, I look about to see Raphael standing in the stadium's light.

"Raphael, I had never expect to face you in battle," I say to him gripping my sword tighter.

"Mhmph, your strength is truly admirable Iron Guardian, but it is time for you to test your strength against someone who know to rival even your strength," he said.

"Raphael, it has truly become time to see who is the stronger of the two guardians, come now and face me!" I say lifting my sword to taunt him, then move to a defensive stance.

He readied his blade and slowly ran at me. I grab his first swing, but caught me off balance by the weight behind it. We continued in a stalemate for several minutes, until Raphael started using magic. I gripped my blade with both hands, blocking his attacks with greater speed. As Raphael's magic strikes made contact, the runes along my blade glowed. As the last rune glowed the sword shattered in large chunks, I throw the hilt out of my hand and dodge deadly swings. I focus my magic to my arm, the evocation magic bubbling under the skin. The magic fused with my arm absorbing the armor on, a black layer of magic replacing it. I raise my hand in the air and on the downward stroke my body slams against the floor. It was as if gravity it's self was trying to crush me. I could see Raphael dealing with the same problem.

"Stop this at once, you know very well the Iron and Venom guardians should never fight each other! Unless it's decided by the mage council, to resolve conflict. Raphael you should know it better then anyone else." The principle was standing in between us now. "Since you have been the guardian for the longest time, you should know the rules better. So, as punishment I am revoking your title as Venom guardian. I'm sorry Raphael, but maybe next time you can follow the rules." The principle says with a sad smile. As he turns away the gravity lets up from crushing us. I quickly get up and bow to my opponent, to show some respect. I then go to my hilt and pour some magic to it and the pieces reform onto the blade. Before walking out of the stadium I turn to the crowd. "Any who would like to join the Iron circle, come to room 585!" I yell at them, and return to my room. I take off the garments, the armor and cloth on the right arm ruined. "I'll have to take it to get fixed." I sigh. I hear a knock at the door and go to answer it.

Belle

I watch as Raphael fights with the Iron guardian. Why are you toying with him? Looking around I see a few shields go up, and Brand stood up. The crowd grew silent as the two guardians were forced to the ground.
"Stop this at once, you know very well the Iron and Venom guardians should never fight each other! Unless it's decided by the mage council, to resolve conflict. Raphael you should know it better then anyone else." The principle said standing between them. "Since you have been the guardian for the longest time, you should know the rules better. So, as punishment I am revoking your title as Venom guardian. I'm sorry Raphael, but maybe next time you can follow the rules."
I gasp at the announcement, and run to Raphael. I check his face to see no emotion.
"Way to go idiot, no who is going to lead Venom." I say teasingly, "And are you still fit to be my guardian?" I turn away quickly waiting his response. Please don't be in a bad mood, please.
This is our routine. Day and night, all we do is survive; it never lets up. He tells me how these streets were crowded with people just going about their lives.. must've been nice.~Ellie

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:05 pm
View Likes
AlmondEyes says...

Luna

Spoiler! :
It took me a while, but I finally got it up!!Wow. That sounded kind of dirty, didn't it? :P

Weaving through the giant crown of people in the auditorium, I headed towards the front to see what was going on with my sister right behind me. Had the convocation already started? I'm guessing so. I've been feeling power fluctuations in the air for the last while. Sparks were flying and magic was flying everywhere. Hm. So someone was fighting? Had to be. As I neared to the front, I slowed to a stop, seeing Raphael fighting the Iron guard. What in the name of the Goddess is going on? What the hell is he doing up there? He looked like he was about to lose his temper. One thing I would give Raphael, is that he had an enormous amount to strength on his side from the way he swung his sword around. I could only imagine what would happen if he used both hands.

"Raphael, I had never expect to face you in battle," The Iron Guard, or Nithe, said, his hand tightening around his sword.

"Mhmph, your strength is truly admirable Iron Guardian, but it is time for you to test your strength against someone who know to rival even your strength," Raphael said.

"Raphael, it has truly become time to see who is the stronger of the two guardians, come now and face me!" Nithe says, lifting my sword to taunt him before moving into a defensive stance.

Raphael came at him, blow after blow, Nithe dodging and deflecting them all, until the runes on his sword began to glow, and ultimately shattered into giant chunks and went flying everywhere. One came flying straight at my face. Without thinking about it, my hand flashed up to catch the giant shard between my index and forefinger. It was warm to the touch. I looked behind me to see if anyone had been hurt, and saw a girl. Sofia, I believe her name was, standing right behind me. She was looking at the shard between my fingers. With a sharp flick of my wrist, I sent the blade sinking into the floor at my feet. Sensing a build up of energy, I turned back to watch the fight, but it was over. They were both on the floor now. That made me frown.

"Stop this at once, you know very well the Iron and Venom guardians should never fight each other! Unless it's decided by the mage council, to resolve conflict. Raphael you should know it better then anyone else." The principle was standing in between them. "Since you have been the guardian for the longest time, you should know the rules better. So, as punishment I am revoking your title as Venom guardian. I'm sorry Raphael, but maybe next time you can follow the rules."

The principle smiles sadly before turning away. Nithe quickly gets up to bow to his opponent, showing respect. He walks over to the hilt of his blade and pours magic over it, the pieces of his sword reforming, including the one that was no longer at my feet. Then He begins pulling off his damaged armor.

"Any who would like to join the Iron circle, come to room 585!" he yells as he walks away.

"You would've had that match over in a snap." Lini says.

I don't say anything. I just watch as he leaves.

"If we had gotten here earlier, would you have fought him?" she nudges me.

"Maybe." I shrug.

"When are you going to take advantage of the fact that you can use more then just the elements you have?" she sighs.

"Shhh!" I hiss at her. "Keep your voice down! I don't want anyone finding out about that. And don't forget that you can do it to."

"The Goddess gave us these gifts for a reason, Luna." she rolls her eyes at me.

I turn to see if anyone had heard what we were talking about, and catch Sofia looking in our direction. She stiffens as my eyes meet hers. I don't move for a moment, just looking into her eyes before grabbing Lini's hand and move with the crowd of dispersing people out into the hallway. I let out a four tone whistle, and listened as it echoed eerily through the school, everyone going completely silent as they heard it. That always happened when I called on my familiar in a place where people were. That moment of silence was a sort of calm for me. A roar echoed in my head as a black figure came flowing through the mass of students like a ghost, landing to stand in front of me and solidifying into a enormous beautiful black Lion. It looked up at me with those beautiful molten fire like eyes before falling back on it's right front paw and bowing it's head.

It is good to see you again, Luna, Simba's timbre voice resonated in my head.

I smiled as I got down on one knee and kissed him on his big moist nose. "I missed you."

As I have missed you, he replied, licking my face.

I gave a little squeak of surprise as I wiped my face with a laugh. And he calls that a peck on the cheek. Shaking my head, I stand up, dusting off my knee. "C'mon, let's go."
"What is dead my never die, but rises again, larger and stronger..."

*Ride like Lightening, crash like Thunder*

"Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies..."

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:32 pm
View Likes
catcha01 says...

That was a great story janika. I held onto every word of it.
Writing alone can be my escape. Writing with others is my idea of fun

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 pm
KingLucifer says...

Raphael

Pity, and I only just got started this Iron Guardian wasn't as strong as I had hoped him to be, I descend from the arena. Only to meet Belle, she wasn't entirely happy with me, but I sensed a change about to occur within the school. And this change wouldn't occur if I continued my position as Venom Guardian, Belle had her hands on her hips for her usual pouty mood.

"There is a change coming to Glades, Belle, you must understand that I could not hold my position, and for it, I challenged the Iron Guardian to see if he was ready for this change. But I was disappointed when he barely put up a fight. But as for being your guardian, I am fit as you deem so, you are in control of weather I am worthy of bearing my sword for you," I said.

Sofia

We began to shuffle out of the arena area, I was still so shocked that Raphael had lost his position as Venom Guardian. I mean, I knew Raphael as my Guardian at one point, after I finally dismissed his services, he became Venom Guardian, he's held it for a year and a half until today. I looked at Niran who looked like she was relieved that it was all over, I wonder what she was thinking right now?

"Niran, you alright? You've been really quiet ever since Raphael showed up on stage," Inter said.

"I'm fine, just hungry, come on lets go get something to eat alright?" she said her old cheerful self returning.

"Alright," Inter said.

We make way for the Lunchroom, we were able to get there before a lot of people, thus a short line for now, I grabbed me a small box of Lucky Charms, Niran grabbing her breakfast as we moved. When we were finished eating we head back to the dorm area, then it hit me, I didn't have a roommate anymore, I seriously disliked my roommate, she was such a bother, damn cheerleaders acting like they knew it all. But now Niran could room with me for the year, when we got back to her dorm, which was gypsy decorated pretty much.

"Hey Niran, maybe you could move in with me, it'd be pretty cool, what do you think?" I asked.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:42 am
Redfang18 says...

Niran Pyro

I sat down on my bed, sighing as I looked around. My room was rather gypsy-like, showing more of my gypsy roots. I rarely have a roommate, but it often pestered me that I was a loner during my first time in high school. I looked at Poe, who was perched on a desk. "What do you think, Poe? You want to move in with Sofia? Something tells me you feel like flying around for the time being."
Poe ruffled his feathers a bit. It would be best. After all, people rarely bunk with a half-gypsy like you except kind souls like her. He pointed at Sofia with his beak. A kind soul like her deserves a fellow kind soul to be around, you know.
I looked at Sofia. "Poe thinks it's a good idea, since I rarely get a roommate just because I'm half-gypsy. I might need to pack up my things and put some in your room. Right now, I'll just put my jewels and staff in your room. You know me. Consultor of the cards and jewels. Poe can fly around whenever he wants to, just as long as he has a spot to perch on when it's time to go to sleep. He's never slept in a cage before and he doesn't want to start now." I took Sofia's hand. "I'll be your roommate for the whole year and maybe even longer if you want me to."
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:50 pm
Omni says...

Brand Elinor

I created a small wormhole, closing the gap between Raphael and I. If things got too out of control, I could immediately teleport there.

But I didn't need to. The principle was pushing his way through the students, quickly making his way to the two Guardians. Crap. "Stop this at once, you know very well the Iron and Venom guardians should never fight each other! Unless it's decided by the mage council, to resolve conflict. Raphael you should know it better then anyone else." The principle walked in between them and pushed them both back, all the while severing my wormhole with one quick look at me.

"Since you have been the guardian for the longest time, you should know the rules better. So, as punishment I am revoking your title as Venom guardian. I'm sorry Raphael, but maybe next time you can follow the rules." I gasped, and it was collected and carried on through all the other Venom members. Never in Venom's long life has someone been demoted from the Guardian.

With that, the principle walked away, sending a look at me that wanted me to follow him. Apparently Anela got the same look and she stood up gingerly, trying not to step on my snake, who had found himself coiled up between the benched. "Up, Aronuïn." He hissed, but listened and wrapped himself around my arm.

"The snake is annoying." Anela said as we both walked down the benches. the other students were filing out of the stadium now that the Iron Guardian had left abruptly.

"He's loyal, though." I heard her snort in mock laughter, and I thought I saw her tiger around the corner. Merlin was almost always up to something. Just like his owner.

We met the principle in the break room. He was twirling a couple of coffee. "Sit." He said, and so we did. Even Anela did not object. We both knew the power of the principle. His reputation was unmatched in this school. "As you both well know, your leader has just been demoted." He turned to look at us, his eyes boring holes into our faces. "I should have gotten rid of Venom a long time ago, but seeing as it's been in our history for as long as Iron had, I can't, and neither could my predessors." He smiled wryly. "But, I can appoint the new leader, instead of you having a meeting amongst yourselves. I have narrowed it down to you two. You are the ones that I think could make the most positive influence on Venom."

"Well, you are obviously mistaken about me." Anela said dryly, inspecting her fingernails. "If I'm leader, then you will most definitely have your school in pieces withing a few hours. But of course, I'm sure you knew that, didn't you? Principle."

I could see his jawline tightening when she spoke her words. Boy, she had a way of getting under people's skins, both figuratively and literally. "Very well, Anela, if you do not want the position--"

"Oh, I didn't say anything about not wanting the position. I just said that I would do the exact opposite of what you wanted the Guardian to do."

"Very, well, Anela, let me restate this, then. Since I don't want you to have the spot anymore, it falls upon you, Brand." He glared at me sternly. "Will you do what I ask if I appoint you?"

"I will try." He nodded and went back to stirring his coffee. I wasn't finished, though. "Let me make this clear though, sir. Venom is not responsible for everything horrible that happens to this school, nor were we ever. And I will not be your little puppet that you can play with if you feel like it, like you do with Nithe." He looked up somewhat quizzically. "Suits can't hide a person that well. And I can tell you that every member of Venom will at least say the exact same thing I did."

He smiled. "Of course, of course. Just to let you know, though, that this is my school, and I can do much more than just expell you from here if I think you are stepping one foot out of line." He sat his cup down on the counter. "You are dismissed."

Anela walked out first, me right behind her. I stopped for a moment. "Leadership is not how much power you have, but how you use it." I hoped he heard me, but inside, I didn't care much. My point was made. Anela snorted at the comment. "Let's go to Lunch, Anela." She nodded, and we walked off, no doubt with the principle staring holes into our backs.

Spoiler! :
Waiting for Starleene to get back, she's taking a leave of absence right now, so I think I'll just keep her with me until she gets back.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:59 pm
Starleene says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry guys! I was in the hospital for the past couple says

Anela-

Anela didn’t care much that Raphael decided to take on the Iron Guardian but she was a bit shocked. After having to listen to his pompous attitude at the Venom meetings she was glad he finally stepped out of line.
She was sure the Brand knew the Nithe was the Iron Guardian and she also knew he wouldn’t stand for the Venom name getting thrown in the mud, where Raphael so kindly threw it.
"We have got to do something. Not only is it against the rules of Venom, it is going to end up badly, and this weak shield will not do anything, no matter their best efforts."

"Do something, then." She wouldn’t let him know that she was already preparing her magic and she had her sights set on that little weasel, Raphael. So highly opinionated and annoying always telling her her magic was useless and should be destroyed. Well, we’ll see about that.
Swords were clashing and Raphaels wings swished about, he was moving too quickly for her taste. She centered her mind on his body, watching the quick movements and his harried breathing until she was in sync with his blood flow. Her mind’s eye saw the veins running everywhere, blood giving life to his destructive deeds.
Quickly she pinched the veins to his legs and immediately his momentum decrease, his magic was roaring around her preventing her from completely shutting him down but he was so focused on Nithe that she was certain he didn’t detect her foreign presence.
Might as well take advantage of it.
Her mind’s eye moved to his arms and severed the connection there, causing his reaction time to slow. He was still good just not good enough to defeat Nithe.
Suddenly a pressure stopped her. She could feel Raphael’s body being forced to the ground and knew that the Principle had arrived.
Great, party-pooper. He had been a friend of her mother’s before she had been murdered now he tried to “fix” her whenever he got the chance.
“I know you’re in there Anela and I hope you enjoy being reigned in for once, no matter how briefly.” The principles voice whispered through her head, causing her physical body to shudder. This man knew how to get under her skin. This worthless piece of…her body was thrown back into her own, disoriented she looked around and saw the Brand was standing.
Stupid idiot, what was he going to do? She’s probably have to bail him out.
All the students’ attention was focused on the principle as he reprimanded Raphael and she couldn’t help but snicker. He got what was coming to him.
The Principle kept shooting looks their way and she knew they had been summoned. Damn it. To have to put up with that man was a waste of time but even she knew he was not someone to mess with.
“I’ll see you in the break room, immediately.” That snake of a Principle knew she hated when he entered her mind and she clenched her jaw. Speaking of snakes, she saw Brands underneath her feet and was tempted to “accidentally” step on it, Brand must have read her mind because he called out to the pest.
"Up, Aronuïn.” Anela swore the snake glared at her.

"The snake is annoying." They walked down the benches. Apparently the other students had gotten the memo as well and were quickly filing out of the stadium.

"He's loyal, though." A snake? Loyal? She snorted and saw him look back at her and glare so she raised her shoulders and snickered. Brand seemed to have noticed Merlin stalking around.
“Merlin, follow.” At her silent call he abandoned whatever he had been doing and bounded over. “What were you doing you little imp?”
“Listening. Apparently, the one called Luna has powers.”
“We all have powers.”
“Different powers. Powers that allow her to use different elements.”
“Well, that’s a new development. Good job. Now let’s see what Mr. Principle wants with us.”
“You mean you. It wasn’t me this time.”
“Oh thanks for the support.”
“Anytime, Little One, anytime.”

They entered the lounge where the Principle sat stirring his coffee.
"Sit."
Silence as he stared at us.
"As you both well know, your leader has just been demoted. I should have gotten rid of Venom a long time ago, but seeing as it's been in our history for as long as Iron has, I can't, and neither could my predecessors." His smile irked me. "But, I can appoint the new leader, instead of you having a meeting amongst yourselves. I have narrowed it down to you two. You are the ones that I think could make the most positive influence on Venom."

"Well, you are obviously mistaken about me." Anela wanted to push his buttons. She didn’t care one way or another is she got the position but she wanted to push him as far as she could. "If I'm leader, then you will most definitely have your school in pieces withing a few hours. But of course, I'm sure you knew that, didn't you? Principle."

"Very well, Anela, if you do not want the position--"

"Oh, I didn't say anything about not wanting the position. I just said that I would do the exact opposite of what you wanted the Guardian to do."

"Very, well, Anela, let me restate this, then. Since I don't want you to have the spot anymore, it falls upon you, Brand." She chuckled under her breath as the glare was transferred to Brand. She would be the death of this guy, "Will you do what I ask if I appoint you?"

"I will try. Let me make this clear though, sir. Venom is not responsible for everything horrible that happens to this school, nor were we ever. And I will not be your little puppet that you can play with if you feel like it, like you do with Nithe." For once the Principle seemed confused and she silently applauded Brand. “Suits can't hide a person that well. And I can tell you that every member of Venom will at least say the exact same thing I did."

"Of course, of course. Just to let you know, though, that this is my school, and I can do much more than just expel you from here if I think you are stepping one foot out of line." His coffee sloshed a bit when he sat it down a bit forcefully. "You are dismissed."

Anela stood and smirked at the Principle before stalking out. She heard Brand call out a second later, "Leadership is not how much power you have, but how you use it." Anela snorted at the comment. Such a goody-good for a person labeled as “Bad”.
"Let's go to Lunch, Anela." She nodded. She didn’t have much else to do today; it had already been quite eventful.
“Mer, will you go fetch my room key from Mr. Obrian please?”
“So now I’m your page boy?”
“Well, I thought you might like to get him back after your last encounter with him—with the rain?”

When the fur on his back rose at the memory and he hummed in the back of his throat she knew he wouldn’t be back anytime soon.
“Did Merlin have anything interesting to say today?”
“That’s for me to know and for you—well, I don’t think you’ll find out.”
Jhinx called me old. Rude.

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:57 pm
Dakushau says...

Igna Va'Kuum

I watched the battle unfold before me with interest. Shockwaves reverberated around the stadium with each strike. I heard Brand and Anela whispering behind me but ignored it. Powerful battles such as these are great for both entertainment and participation. As the fight between the Iron Guardian and Raphael intensified, so did my interest.

Suddenly they were both on the floor. "Stop this at once, you know very well the Iron and Venom guardians should never fight each other! Unless it's decided by the mage council, to resolve conflict. Raphael you should know it better then anyone else." The principle walked in between them and pushed them both back.

"Since you have been the guardian for the longest time, you should know the rules better. So, as punishment I am revoking your title as Venom guardian. I'm sorry Raphael, but maybe next time you can follow the rules." I gasped, an action carried throughout all the other Venom members. Never in Venom's history has someone been demoted from the Guardian. With that, the principle walked away.

I stood up as students started leaving the arena. Suddenly my stomach growled, I was hungry. I stepped out of the flow and headed for my dorm room, I had to do something before I went to eat. I soon arrived at the door to my room and went in.

I waved my hand throw the air and suddenly fire appeared in the elaborate wall sconces and the large fire place. My room was divided into two rooms, both were circular and had the same warm, smooth brick walls. Each wall was decorated with elaborate wall sconces and expensive decorative items. The smaller of the two rooms was the bathroom, located on the other side of the door to my forward left. The larger room and the place I resided currently was the living quarters.

Straight across from me sat, in my opinion, the best item in the room: a large fireplace. In front of the fireplace was a big round blue and red rug that was soft to the feel and appealing to the eyes. On each side of the carpet facing the fireplace sat a large comfy sofa with elaborate hand-crafted side tables on each side of it. Above the fireplace rested the glorious emblem of the Va'Kuum lineage. To my right stood a tall, wide mahogany wardrobe. Beside it rested my bed, covered with luxurious sheets and pillows.

I walked towards the fireplace and let the warmth soak into my skin. A sudden motion in the corner drew my attention.

"Zhan, show thyself," I say in the general direction of the motion.

I am here, Master. Zhan speaks into my mind as he approaches, his gray fur reflecting the patterns from the flames in the fireplace.

"Any activity?" I ask.

None, Master.

"Good, revert to your Mist Form and let's go."

As you command. Zhan acknowledges. Suddenly his body started spreading out, soon becoming a thin, gray mist. All that remained of his form were his red eyes, which hovered with the mist like floating balls of flame.

I walked towards the door and went out, Zhan's Mist Form trailing behind me. My stomach growled again. Time for lunch, I thought. I left the dorm building and headed for the lunch area.

Spoiler! :
I introduced my creature here. I changed it from what I originally had it as to a wolf. I updated my profile with the change.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

Reviews: 3
Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:04 pm
Xaxas96 says...

Belle

"There is a change coming to Glades, Belle, you must understand that I could not hold my position, and for it, I challenged the Iron Guardian to see if he was ready for this change. But I was disappointed when he barely put up a fight. But as for being your guardian, I am fit as you deem so, you are in control of weather I am worthy of bearing my sword for you," Raphael said.

"Idiot, why would I ever deem you unfit." I mutter under my breath, he gives me a weird look and I turn away from him. "Let's go get lunch. I'm starved after that convocation." And maybe the fact I was really worried! I start striding to the cafeteria, and I call my phoenix with my fire. It rest on my shoulder as it stretches to clean it's black feathers, an orange glow appeared from under as it breathed.

Spoiler! :
I will not be posting as Nithe, until someone says they went to his room or until later tonight. I do apologize for the small post but it's the best I can do for now.
This is our routine. Day and night, all we do is survive; it never lets up. He tells me how these streets were crowded with people just going about their lives.. must've been nice.~Ellie

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:47 pm
Jalmoc says...

Lance Lightreign

I withdrew my barrier as the Principal drew near to the fight. There was no point in keeping my magic up as me slammed both fighters to the ground with his sheer will. He began lecturing the leader of the group known as Venom and ultimately demoted him. Everyone seemed so shocked but I was more confused as to why they were confused.

In Reivina if two people engage in a duel without permission from a superior they are demoted or executed on the spot for treason. This situation was no different than a battle between two soldiers, except their powers exceeded that of ordinary soldiers by many levels. After the spectacle was over, many of the students departed for lunch or alone time.

Two of the students however were tailing behind the Principal. I shoved it aside. It wasn't any of my business. Turning on my heel, I followed the throng of students out of the arena and wandered into the grounds. Finding a quiet place away from the rest of the students, I pulled out my sword and did a flourish for a warm up.

The pattern came easily to me from many years of practice. High, low, sweep, thrust, reverse, repeat. After awhile a sheer sweat began to attach itself to me. Smiling, I pulled the sword close to me and whispered words of my magic. The sword itself ignited itself on fire, eager to be used.

Firan (my phoenix) flew into the flame and increased its power. Using light magic, I conjured soldiers with shields for target practice. With a slight rush of anticipation I rushed towards the dummies.
If you don't take a chance, you'll always live your life in regret, so let your heart show it's true colors and admit your feelings!

Tis not the blade that took your life, but the Assassin behind it.

When Reality has all but fallen away, recreate your own world

"I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
— Lewis Carroll