z

Young Writers Society

Magi High School (Closed;Starting Soon)

Reviews: 3
Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:04 pm
Xaxas96 says...

Nithe

Again the flaming student was being reckless, jumping from the pool he randomly slices through the air around me. Using one hand the first time I block turned into a big mistake, as the power Igna supplies pushes my blade into my arm. I turn while both hands struggle to remove the blade, I manage to remove it in time to block Igna. Eventually finding a flaw in his attack pattern I duck under his sword and then kick him. Suddenly I'm pulled backwards by magic, Igna now on the floor next to me slightly confused. I look around to see the principle standing above me, I quickly get to a kneel. "I''m sorry I let this get out of hand, I'll do my best next ti." I start, but the principle cuts in.
"Mister Va'Kuum, please report to my office immediately." He says with a stern look. "Everyone else leave the cafeteria, and cause no more trouble for today." As he leave the room, moans and groans were heard though out the students. I stood and left quickly, I went outside and move towards the forest. The willow tree looked inviting enough, I sit down among the roots. Letting my eyes close, I needed this time to concentrate more magic.
Last edited by Xaxas96 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is our routine. Day and night, all we do is survive; it never lets up. He tells me how these streets were crowded with people just going about their lives.. must've been nice.~Ellie

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:09 am
Starleene says...

Anela
“Stay, Mer.”
“I smell magic.”
“You could be smelling me.”
“I know what your magic smells like, Little One. This is a different kind of magic, something evil. It’s not right.”

“Who are you?”
Silence.
“Well, I’ll tell you who I am…”
“I know…who you are, Bloodtwister.”
The kid almost spat the words, like they were burning his tongue just saying them. Anela walked around Merlins vast mirth and squatted near the boys head.
His shimmery white hair was cropped short and his alabaster skin seemed translucent in the sun. His face reminded her of a porcelain doll, beautiful but expressionless.
“Then you know what I can do to you.”
“You can try.” Something in his tone of voice kept Anela from reaching out with her mind.
“You’re scared of what you don’t know; of what I could do to you.”
“You won’t be doing much of anything at the moment.”
Anela signed inwardly. The Principle was here to rescue her. Yippie.
“Anela…”
“It’s totally not what it looks like, sir.” She bit out. She was not taking the fall for this! This impertinent little brat followed her!
“Anela, I need you to go get Brand and Nithe.”
“Why?”
The Principle sighed.
“This is not the time for questions. I need you to do as I say, immediately.”
“Yeah, do as he says Little Bloodtwister; wouldn’t want to see your pretty little face get hurt!”
“No, I think this is the perfect time for questions. This shrimp was following me and is threatening violence and now you tell me not to ask questions. That won’t-“
“He’s an assassin. “
“Ahh, party pooper. He read my mind! Looks like you’ll live another day, Bloodtwister. Too bad.”
His perfect face twisted into something hideous, something not of this world. Evil.
“And what about his power?”
The Principle looked at her but didn’t seem surprised that she knew. He ran his hands through his hair, his eyes never leaving the assassins face.
“He’s…not from this world. The thing inside isn’t anyway. An Elemental inhabits the body of this boy, probably summoned by someone else.”
“You’re a smart man,” the elemental screeched, “ …too smart. Let me out from under this beast and we’ll see just how smart you are!”
“Why was he trying to kill me?”
“Why do you think you’re so special, Bloodtwister! Who says you’re the only one!”
“That’s enough, Anela! Go get the others and meet me in my office. I hope you don’t mind, but I’ll be borrowing Merlin for a bit.”
“Of course I mind but I’m sure you’re going to do exactly as you please anyway.”
“Exactly, now hurry up. It’s not like we’re being attacked or anything.” His dry humor caught Anela by surprise.
“Righto, be back in a jiffy.”

Anela threw open the door to Brands dormitory.
“Get dressed, we’ve been summoned.”
Brand grabbed a shirt and shrugged it on.
“What-“
“No time for questions. Where’s Nithe?”
“Cafet-“
“Come on, come on! This in no time to lollygag around!” Anela grabbed the front of Brands shirt and dragged him into the hall. The cafeteria was down the stairs and to the right. Her footsteps echoed through that hall as she took the stairs two at a time.
The cafeteria was clearing out as they rounded the corner. A quick survey produced no Nithe. She grabbed the first student she saw by the collar of the shirt and pulled him towards her.
“Where’s the sorry excuse for a Guardian?”
“You mean Nithe?”
“Of course I mean Nithe you blubbering fool! Where is he?!”
“I saw his leave for the commons a couple minutes ag-“
A flash of silver hair caught her attention. She thrust the boy away from her and watched a girl walk through the crowds. Her silver hair fell past her shoulders. Anela grabbed her by the shoulder and turned her around.
“Hey! What’s the big ide-“
A medley of acne marred her face but her eyes were green.
“Sorry.” She released the girl with a fake smile and a pat on the shoulder.
“Anela, what’s going on?”
“No time to explain. Help me find Nithe!”
“Are you looking for The Guardian? He’s outside underneath the willow…,” The boy peered at her from behind huge spectacles, “...I just came from there?” He finished slowly.
Anela leapt out the door, followed closely by Brand; their footsteps eating up the yardage from the door to the tree line.
A familiar figure lay peacefully beneath the branches.
Anela kicked him as hard as she could.
“Get up! We need to go, like two minutes ago!”
“What the hell!” Nithes eyes flew open, fury marring his brow.
"I said now! The Principle waits for no one!"
Jhinx called me old. Rude.

Reviews: 3
Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:25 pm
Xaxas96 says...

Belle

I turn facing Raphael tugging on his hands. "Let's take a walk, come on don't look so glum."
Strolling into the forest, the winds blew gently at their backs. The sun was setting slowly a few more hours and it would hide it's brillant rays. Light guide their path through the woods, among beautiful flora. My attention was drawn when something just out of view moved. Raphael was probably already focused on it, I walk closer towards it. Now able to get a good look I see a black lion and a girl, most likely asleep. A smile formed as I move closer. The lion was laying a little away from the girl, you can see where it rolled on the grass. My footsteps make no sound as I step towards the girl. I see her black hair shift in the breeze. I bend down and poke her cheek. "Hey beautiful, wake up. Hello?" I whisper to her. Her eyes lazily open and close, then spring open in surprise. "It's not safe to sleep out here, especially when it's starts getting dark." She sits up and rubs the sleep out of her eyes.
"Samba, wake up." She says towards the large cat, it's paws move trying to cover it's ears. "Wake up. We have a guest." The lion jumps at that and bares his teeth.
"I'm guessing he's mad cause he didn't sense us." I say, raphael now appearing beside me ready to fight the beast. I reach my hand towards the girl. "Well beautiful, my name is Belle."
"I'm Luna nice to meet you. Samba Sit" She says shaking my hand. I pull her up and with doing so pull her towards me and give her a hug. "It's always nice to meet new friends. By the way this is Raphael." I gesture towards him, and then start walking towards the cat. Although it growled at me I pat his head. "So cute. Luna we should probably get out of the woods before we lose our way in the dark."

After passing the final tree and looking back at the school complex I smile and turn towards Luna. "Well I had a good time. Maybe see you around?" I say, as she smiles back. She opens her my but an explosion of magic is set off by the dorms. "Raphael let's go. Now!"
"I'm coming too." Luna says, I nod and start running. When we get there the student from the cafeteria fight had a sword drawn. A girl standing opposite of him, in a icy blue sweater and jeans, held a ball of ice in her hand. This was not his day, first Igna picks on him and then this chick. Today was not his day.
"You don't belong her why don't you go back to your realm!" She yells at him, while spikes of ice come from either side. A ball of black fire speeds from my hand, and destroys one of the spikes. The girl turns towards me, with a ice cold stare.
"Stay out of this you fire bitch! Your not of my concern!" She shouts, the ball of ice leaving her hand swiftly. It shatters against my wall of fire, as the fire wall dissipates I see the warrior lift his sword at the ice mage. She dodges out of the way and blast at him with ice.

Nithe

I had been sleeping under the willow when Anela kicked me awake. “Get up! We need to go, like two minutes ago!”
“What the hell!” My eyes fly open, fury marring my brow.
"I said now! The Principle waits for no one!"
"Whatever, where to?" I say standing up.
"His office, where do you think." Anela says annoyed, she starts walking Brand shortly after. I follow reluctantly, what could he want.

When we got there I was suprised to see Igna sitting there. "Whoa wait why am I the only Iron member here?"
The Principle turned in his chair. "You haven't recruited anyone to be in Iron so who would you have me bring here?" He says with a straight face.
"Members from last year. Like isn't Sofia or Niran here?"
"I guess your right, I'll ask them to come soon enough." He nods. "In the mean time we might as well get started. The school is under attack by a few, expelled students." He says, handing us all a folder with papers. I open them and quickly switch between them.
"Sir, all this has is their what they look like, their name and magic? Is this right, this is everything you have on them?"
"No." He sat there staring, "I have a story about them." He sighed, and I think we all leaned forward. Suddenly a blast of ice appeared outside the Principle's window. "That's near the dorms." I say getting up and leaving. I run towards the dorms to see some of the walls destroyed and several students hurt. Outside I see the student from the cafeteria, a mage using ice, Belle and two others. Not worrying about the ice mage, I start picking students up and moving them to a safer area.
This is our routine. Day and night, all we do is survive; it never lets up. He tells me how these streets were crowded with people just going about their lives.. must've been nice.~Ellie

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:01 pm
KingLucifer says...

Raphael - "Be happy I show you mercy."

The warrior is frozen over by the Ice Mage, and now I have no choice by the draw my blade, and step forward and hold my blade out to my side.

"You two stay back, this is my work that needs to be done," I said.

"What?! No way, your not fighting alone!" Luna answers.

"Luna, let Raphael take care of this, he can take care of himself and me." Belle said.

I charge forward with my blade, the Ice Mage began shooting balls of Ice at me, I swung my blade destroying the balls as I drew closer. Again and again, but without success as I destroyed her Ice balls, once I was close enough I swung vertically smashing my blade into the ground as she dodged out of the way. I tackled her with my shoulder, positioning my blade I swung at her again, horizontally she ducks, and using the momentum of my blade, I spin myself and kick her in the chest just as she pops back up, sending her to the floor. Before she could get back up, I point my blade at her chin checkmating her.

"Damn you," she said.

"Be happy I show you mercy, for next time, you won't be so lucky," I said.

I pull away from her and lowering my blade as I walk back to Belle and Luna, Belle was smiling as I was walking back to her, but her smile dropped, her eyes grew wide, and she didn't even have to say it.

"Raphael look out!"

I spun with my blade out in front of me, the Ice Mage tackles me and sends me into the wall her hands caught on my blade. The next thing I knew, I was trapped in an icy prison, I was still breathing somehow, and I could still hear the Ice Mage on the otherside.

"See? he wasn't so hard," she said.

Yeah, but she was breathing pretty hard, which must have taken a lot of out of her to this to me. I knew I had to get out, Belle was going to be hurt! That's when my element reacted to my needs, it's hard to describe, but I sinked into the floor, blinding light all around me. It was like being int third person after this point. Two bright white arms shoot forward from my ice prison twining with one another as they slammed head long into the Ice Mage, before they hit the wall they push her upwards, then the hands clasp around her and slam her back into the ground hard. Finally her body bounces off the ground and a single black hand slams right into her and then crushes her against the wall.

I appear after a conversion of shadows, with my blade in hand as I go towards Belle and Luna. But Belle was not smiling, instead, she was angry.

"You jerk! I thought she had killed you!" she said angrily.

"And I would have died, if you hadn't warned me in time, there for, I thank you," I said.

Sofia - "No mercy!"

"Niran! Niran help!" I thought.

I was hoping she could hear my bird, as a fire witch sent flame after flame after me and I was defenseless without my weapons. She was laughing as the flames danced, so close to scorching my skin, I hate fire. I was running for my life as I dodged flame after flame, but nothing lasts forever, I trip and then, a fire ball slams right into my chest, sending me to the floor.

"Your not as tough as everyone has been making you out to be you know that?" she was sadistic!

"Niran, get your butt over here, I need help!" I thought.

The girl was laughing now, sadistically I could never imagine being friends with her. She kicks me in my side, and body tenses at the sudden pain. I roll on my side, I need to hold out for Niran.

"Get away from her you witch!" I heard.

The woman was suddenly blasted away as fire hits her, she was caught off guard by Niran, it could only be her. I feel her hand on my shoulder, she pulls me to a sitting position my arms wrapped around my stomach.

"Sofy are you okay?" I heard her.

I shook my head no, and then Niran with what I could only describe as angry red eyes, was suddenly on a war path to hurt the woman who hurt me, her voice, was filled with rage.

"No mercy!" she said.

I watched as Niran charged in to face the Fire Witch, full on combat, but I had a little revenge of my own. I put my hands together over my chest, chanting a powerful spell, my lips moving to words that would never be spoken. A bright red star appear between the palms of my hands, I look up to see Niran winning the fight. She smacks the Fire Witch with her staff, across her jaw, all I could think was, "that has to hurt," and since Inter wasn't out no one heard my thought.

I get up, holding the red star in one hand and move forward, the fight was at a stand still now, I grab the fire witch by the shoulder and move her to my left, then with the hand that held the red star, I slam the star right into her. For a moment, nothing happened, then a howl in the distance, and down the hall was firey red dog, with a horn for a nose bounded down the hall. I pull Niran out of the way quickly as it did, the Hell Hound bounding past us and towards the Fire Witch.

"Oh no, oh no, oh no!" The Fire Witch turned to run away but the Hell Hound caught her, it pasted right though her back, coming out of her stomach. Then bounded off down the hall as the Witch falls to the ground without a word. The Hell Hound I had summoned disappearing back to where it came.

"What, was that?" Niran asked a look of surprise of her face.

I release Inter back into the air and it perched itself on my shoulder, "That, was Summoner's equivalent to a Soul Sacrifice spell" I said.

"Wow, and I thought only Necromancers could do that," she said.

"Not unless your a practiced Summoner, like I am," I said happily.
An angel, a knight, a man who will bring light to where there is only darkness, I am the Morning Star, the Bringer of Light, hail to me as I am King Lucifer!

Formerly: Avalon

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:32 pm
Dakushau says...

Igna Va'Kuum

The fight continued to ravage on. It wasn't hard to tell that I was beginning to lose. Of course, this only made me all the more angry. I kept swinging at Nithe with all the strength at my disposal, but it was no use. In my anger I was attacking without strategy, which only made me predictable and subject to openings in my attacks and defense. None of my attacks were hitting Nithe. I yell in outrage and swing my sword downward, trying to sink my blade into Nithe's head. He dodges easily.

Under my sword he went, kicking me in the chest. I try to get up and attack him, but I can't move. What? Why can't I move? Suddenly movement catches my eye and I see him: the principal.

Beside him, Nithe kneels and begins to say, "I''m sorry I let this get out of hand, I'll do my best next ti-," but the principal cuts him off.

"Mister Va'Kuum, please report to my office immediately." He tells me, a stern look on his face. "Everyone else leave the cafeteria, and cause no more trouble for today." Partial control suddenly returned to my body as he began to leave the room. All around, moans and groans could be heard throughout the assembly. I stood up and left in the same direction that the principal had headed off in.

----------

I sat in a chair inside the office of the principal. Moments after arriving, The principal told me that he had something he must attend to and for me to wait until he got back. Ugh, I hated waiting.

The last words the principal spoke before walking out the door still swam through my head: "Igna, can't you set aside your anger for just five minutes and listen to me? Something much more serious is soon to take place. If it hasn't already." The seriousness of what he said hadn't hit me until sometime after he had left. Anger still filled me, rolling around like the waves. It had taken all my will power but I had been able to calm myself back down to only being mildly annoyed.

Suddenly the door swung open and the principal stepped in. "Oh, good. You've calmed down."

"Just hurry this thing up. I'm getting tired of waiting."

'In a moment. I'd rather not have to repeat myself."

Reluctantly I kept my mouth shut and continued to wait. I was getting ticked off. A few minutes later, the door flew open once again. About time! I turn and see Brand, Anela, and Nithe walk into the room. Ugh, why does he have to be here? I'm still upset with him for interrupting my fight.

Surprise lit up Nithe's face and he said, "Whoa wait why am I the only Iron member here?"

The Principle turned in his chair. "You haven't recruited anyone to be in Iron so who would you have me bring here?" He says, a straight look on his face.

"Members from last year. Like isn't Sofia or Niran here?"

"I guess your right, I'll ask them to come soon enough." He nods. "In the mean time we might as well get started. The school is under attack by a few, expelled students." He says, handing us all a folder full of papers.

Nithe, who sat nearby, opened the folder and began to quickly switch between them.
"Sir, all this has is their what they look like, their name and magic? Is this right, this is everything you have on them?"

"No." the principal replies as he sat there staring , "I have a story about them." He sighed, and I think most of us leaned forward. Suddenly a blast of ice appeared outside the Principle's window. "That's near the dorms." Nithe says, getting up and quickly rushing out of the room.

Spoiler! :
I think we have enough people at the dorms for the moment so I ended my post here before I went anywhere. I don't exactly have a plan for who to fight or where my character will rush off too. If Aquestioning or Starleene posts next I'd be glad if they would have my character go with theirs. Then I can write from there.
<YWS><R1>
“The most pathetic person in the world is someone who has sight, but has no vision.”
–Helen Keller

Check out Daily Sentences for new, short, and creative sentences; every day.

The Storybook Revolution; Let's make a story.

~Dakushau

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:44 pm
Starleene says...

Anela
Anela threw open the principal’s office door, she hated knocking and he obviously knew they were coming. By the look on his face she knew she had been right. What she hadn’t accounted for was Ignas presence in the room and apparently neither had Nithe because he scowled when he walked in to stand next to the Principle.
“Whoa, wait, why am I the only Iron member here?"

With an oozing calm the principle responded "You haven't recruited anyone to be in Iron so who would you have me bring here?"

"Members from last year. Like isn't Sofia or Niran here?" He floundered for a response. Obviously golden boy hadn’t been prepared to be put on the spot, especially by the Principle.

"I guess you’re right, I'll ask them to come soon enough." He looked down at his desk and gathered a couple files together and patiently tapped them against the top of the desk. "In the mean time we might as well get started. The school is under attack by a few, expelled students." He sighed, hesitated, and then handed each of us a folder. Sitting back in his giant winged chair he folded his finger tips and waited for us to open them. Anela opened the folder and flipped through a couple pages, all there was were pictures and slips of paper stating who they were and the type of magic they were associated with. Like he read her mind, Nithe pointed this out

"Sir, all this has is what they look like, their name and magic? Is this right, this is everything you have on them?"

"No, I have a story about th—“ Before he finished a blast of ice crashed into the side of the building outside of the window.
“The near the dorms.” Nithe ran out of the room leaving them staring at each other. In seconds Brand threw himself up from the chair and ran out after Nithe, seconds later he popped his head around the corner and looked at Anela.
“Are you coming or not? I figure this is something you don’t want to miss?
“Not on your life.” She smiled slightly and was jogging for the door when the Principle called her back.
“Anela.”
Impatiently she turned back to the principle who was now standing and rolling up his sleeves. Absently he said, “Take Igna with you.”
“I’m not a babysitter, sir.” Anela bit out. She glared at Igna who just stared at her. If this was a form of Hero worship she could totally do without.
“I didn’t say you were, I said take him with you.” His tone broached no argument even of she had wanted to. Without lifting his head he look at her from beneath his brows. “Aren’t you leaving yet?”
“Let’s go Igna.”
“You’re not the boss of me.” She had been about to walk out the door when she stopped, slowly turned, and walked threateningly towards him. She was about as tall as he was and stared him in the eyes. She knew he was probably still miffed about the fight with Nithe but she really had no time for this. There was a fight going on and she was missing it!
“You can come the easy way or you can come the hard way, but either way you’re coming with me.” The stare down lasted less than a minutes but it was a hard won battle for Anela, he refused to break eye contact until his eyes were watering and he was squinting. Anela laughed and patted him in the back.
“Now, I said let’s go. We have some butt to kick.” Ignas shoulders lost some of the tension they had been holding and he smiled a little.
“Yeah. Alright, let’s go.” They both ran out of the room but again Anela heard her name called. Igna stopped but she motioned him forward.
“I’ll catch up.” Irritably she turned, once again, and walked back into the Principles office. “What now?”
He was folding up some papers and he stopped to look at her. “Make sure he doesn’t hurt himself. He’s got a little temper on him.”
“A little?”
The Principle smirked. “Your parents would be so proud of you.” His smile disappeared and he continued to pick up the sheefs of paper. What he was doing, she didn’t know, but she knew she had to get out of there before she cried. She swiveled on her heel and walked out of the room. “Watch out for yourself as well, my dear.” She heard him call after her. Shaking her head to clear the memories she ran towards the commotion. She needed anything to clear her mind at the moment, might as well fight it out.
She grinned.
Jhinx called me old. Rude.

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx