z

Young Writers Society

Harmony High

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun May 19, 2013 9:15 am
winterbites says...

Andy

I woke up again, with the light from the window piercing my eyes. Groaning I turn over and feel something cold pressing on my hand, it was my phone. What's that doing there?
I unlocked it, rubbing one of my eyes,
You told the friggin teacher? Next time, Andy, I'm not holding back, next time, you won't just be in the hospital. ~Rick
I looked over the message a few times, what, I didn't tel anyone... I scroll through a few messages, they were all him threatening me, then I saw that I had called him, I haven't called him... Lena... No, s-she didn't. He is going to kill me. Why couldn't see mind her own business, I know she meant well, but now... Well, he seems really angry.

Rick

I waited outside the school for that stupid teacher, she has no proof I did it, its ANdy's word against mine. I sat down on the cool pavment and put my head in my hands, I don't even know why I hurt him, I was so fustrated, he is going to hate me forever now, I've never done something this bad. What if he is really hurt? I did punch him a lot, even when Stephen knocked him out, I still hit him.

I saw my teacher walking towards me, she didn't look happy at all. I stood up and backed agaisnt the wall, "What the hell did you think you were doing? Do you really think you'd get away with this?!" she screamed.

"That's not very proffesional." I smirked.

"I don't care!"

"I don't even know what you're going on about!" I yell back.
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

Reviews: 0
Sun May 19, 2013 11:56 am
MikeyG says...

Tristan

"Best friend my ass." Avery mutters as she storms off after Will had left. I pull at her shoulder, so that she's facing me.

"Explain." I say calmly, looking her dead in the eye.

"Whats there to explain? I'm obviously the worst fucking person in the world, for believing that it would be a good thing that my old, guilt ridden friend gets together with a guy i've known for months. Dude, Ashton wouldn't do crap to her. Ash may bitch a lot, and just be a complete nuisance, but he wouldn't do crap to Lena. He's as dangerous as a small puppy. All bark, no bite." She shakes her head glaring at the ground.

"So why didn't you tell Will this?" I ask caressing her cheek gently. Damn, I just can't keep my hands off of this girl.

"Because that would mean admitting to Will that Ashton and I are more than just acquaintances." I widen my eyes at her and she fiercely shakes her head. "No I didn't cheat on him dude. Its just that...I know Will, alright. I have a feeling that if I admitted to knowing Ashton back in California, knowing that he liked me, and that I actually consider him something like a best friend, Will would probably think that i'm only really hanging with him, to get revenge from him and Lena." She exhales slowly.

"Why couldn't you just tell him that Ave?"

"Whats the point Tristy? He's already gonna hate me for dumping him, it doesn't matter whether we add another stone to the pile." Avery looks as if she were about to cry. I take her into my arms than squeeze tightly.

"Should I have told him?" Avery mumbles into my shirt.

"Told him what?" I ask into her curly hair.

"That I knew that Ashton was falling in love with me. Thats why i wanted to leave, really."

"Another guy i've gotta watch out for?" I ask with a smile. She grins back at me, and gets up on her tippy toes and kisses me softly on the lips.

"Nope, all you've gotta worry about is buying me sweets, and being awesome in bed." She says giggling.

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sun May 19, 2013 11:58 am
ChocoCookie says...

Lena

Screw these bitch students. Fuck you for hurting people the way they shouldn't be treated. is what went through my mind when I met Rick near the Principle's room. I had already told him about the situation and he said it was quite serious and we would talk about it in the room.

I point to the Principle's office and he gives me this glare. I follow him back and greet Mr.Woodland. He tells us to take our seats.

"I see we're having a very confidential problem." he speaks in his deep voice and I nod. "I shall hear Ms.John first."

"She doesn't have any fucking proof!" Rick screams at him.

"Language, child! If you have the nerve to speak to me that way, you may as well look for another school! Please start, Lena." he told me.

I cleared my throat slightly. "As I spoke to you about it, Mr.Woodland, a student from Harmony High, to be exact, his name is Andy. He was not on terms of being enemies with people. In fact, this boy-Rick, was his best friend." I say specifically. "Yesterday night, I may say, kind of very late for me to be roaming around in school, I came across a classroom with the lights on. I wondered who it could be so late at night. When I opened the door to check, Andy was literally panting, he looked pathetic, covered in all that dried blood. I wonder how he would have survived he it weren't for me. Later that night, when I got him to the hospital, the nurse even told me he might lose his appetite for a few days because his intestines need to recover. I realized how serious this was. Till then, I did not know who would do such a gruesome thing. It was my duty, as a teacher, to inform Andy's so-called "best friend" who is Rick. But as he picked up the call, he said something that shocked me."

I told Mr.Woodland what he had said at first before informing that it was me. I came to an end with the story. "And that's how I found out. I don't how know how much more I can prove this. Maybe this boy deserves something more than a Principle's office, sir. We need to take immediate action."

I looked at Mr.Woodland and he sat back, his fingers up his lips, looking darn serious at us. We sat in silence for a few minutes but he broke the silence. He looked at Rick. "Do you have any say in this?"

"All I'm saying is I never did a thing. I'm not responsible for the condition he is in." Rick lied through his teeth and I laughed.

"I very well think that's not reasonable. We will take forward action to this. For now, you are suspended from school for a month until we get more proof about this. Our best source will be Andy, of course. I wish to not see you on school grounds till then." Mr.Woodland stated. "This meeting is dismissed. Thank you, Ms. John and Mr.Wyatt."

I pick up my bag and grin to myself. I go out of the office but Rick grabs me by the hand. I noticed he was much more taller than me. "I don't give a damn about what you do to me but I'll make sure both you and that bloody Andy bitch pays for this." he rattles at me and shook me on the shoulder so bad. He lets go and gives me one more glare, jumps into his car and drove off.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sun May 19, 2013 7:59 pm
Nike says...

Jane Wills

It was halfway through the fight and I just couldn't stop staring at my dad. He was sitting two rows away from me, next to a woman. This woman had on the cheesiest smile, a beautiful face though, and red hair that was shaped into a 'bob'. They weren't sitting next to each other by accident though.

They kissed, held hands, whispered little nothings to each other.

"God," I huffed.

I was lucky enough to get a window seat to myself, so my stuff was on the seat next to me. There was music playing through my ears as I looked at the screen in front of me. In each seat there was a small TV screen indented into the back of the head rest.

A musical was playing on my screen, Mama Mia. It wasn't fit for me to watch right now, so I turned it off with a flick of a button and slid off my earphones.

"Hello miss," a stewardess said from above me.

I smiled, "Yes?"

"Do you want anything to drink? Tea? Coffee?"

Looking at the cart in front of her, I thought for a second. "Tea would be brilliant." I said.

"Oh, excuse me..." my father said.

I had to find a way to hid myself. So, once the lady handed me my tea, I turned to face the window. I should really stand up, and be like 'Hey dad? Who's that? Your mistress?' but at the same time, I don't want to ruin my own trip. He knew I was flying to Germany today... so why would he risk it.

Maybe because he knew I wouldn't tell mom anything, so she wouldn't be hurt. Well, that's just too bad, isn't it?

"Miss, can I have a sugar packet?" I asked.

My dad looked over and saw me. His blue eyes grew so wide, I thought they would jump out of their sockets.

"Oh, dad!" I smiled, jumping out of my seat.

He was so hesitant, jittery, worried. The stewardess handed me the packet and I just grabbed it and pulled my dad into the biggest hug I could pull off.

"It's great to see you've made some new friends." I said as I pulled away.

"Wh-what?"

I pointed at the red head. "She's seems really close to you, it's great, isn't it?"

"Um, excuse me... can I ..." the stewardess said. She wanted to get past me but I couldn't lose dad at a moment like this.

"It's really an amazing thing to have close friends, isn't it?" I asked the the hugest smile.

"Jane..." he hissed under his breath.

It made me scared, but this time I didn't show it. I just stood there and smiled as he got drenched in sweat by the mere second.

"Did you tell mom about your close friend?"

That's when he gave me his 'evil stare'. "Not on a plane," he whispered, looking at the passengers.

"Why not on a plane? Huh dad? If you can cheat on mom on a plane then I can yell at you on a plane. And don't make this look like my fault because you know it's not. It's your fault you cheated on her and got caught by me. You knew I was flying today! You fucking idiot! I fucking hate you! When we land you better not follow me." I took a long breath in.

Everyone was looking at us. I just sat down. He stood there, paralyzed but a second later nodded, then left back to his spot.

I threw my bags on the floor and fell onto the full sized bed. It was as white as angel's wings, and as soft too. Shutting my eyes, I let the comfort sink me into happiness. I opened my eyes and picked up the phone that stood on the mahogonay bed side table.

This hotel room was beautiful and amazing. It was rented out for six months by the magazine. Every student got one of them. It was expensive, luxury looking. Because it really was expensive and luxuriousness.

At first all I wanted to do was call Emmett and tell him how amazing it is here and about my dad. But I decided to call my brother.

At the second tone, he answered. "Hello?"

"Hey, it's me,"

"Janey!" I heard the smile. "My God, so long baby sis! How are you, where are you? The number is from Germany...? Are you Skyping me?"

"That's a lot of questions there..."

"Answer 'em," he laughed.

"Yes, I'm okay. I'm in Germany for that internship I wrote to you about, so you better come visit since you live only a few blocks away."

"Coffee?"

"Yes!"

William Franco
Spoiler! :
laaaater Will
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

Reviews: 0
Mon May 20, 2013 9:01 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Avery

"Okay Mr.Woodland i'll be there soon. And why couldn't you call the guidance counselor for this? Okay...that's fine...i'll be there soon I promise." I sigh and get up from Tristans bed. I pick my skinny jeans up from the floor and slip back on my pink V-neck sweater.

"Ave, where are you going?" Tristan asks tiredly from the bed.

"If you come with me, i'll explain on the way." I say, slipping on my pink converse quickly. I hear the bed behind me shift and turn around to find Tristan putting on a pair of sweat pants. We walk in silence to my car, up until I start it.

"Soooo why did the principal just call you on a saturday morning, after i've just finished fucking your brains out?" Tristan asks with a smirk. I shake my head.

"This isn't a funny matter Trist. Andy, one of your classmates, got the shit beat out of him...by what seems to be his ex-boyfriend."I say slowly. Tristan looks at me his eyes widening, and his eyebrows rising.

"Who are they saying did it?" Tristan asks, his voice low and serious.

"Rick." Now Tristans eyes practically bug out of his head.

"But...Rick is always calling Andy a fag and shit. When i've heard him say it, I would just tell him to shut the hell up. But...Andy dated that piece of shit?" Tristan looks like he can't believe it.

"Yeah, well I havta handle the wreckage of that piece of shit. Andy is refusing to talk to anybody right now. They called me in because the guidance counselor has a kidney infection, and I seem to get along oh so well with the students. Andy fucking hates me." I say shaking my head.

"Well maybe it's a good thing you've brought me. We used to talk and hang out a bit during freshman year. But then I started getting sick of people and distanced myself away from everyone, including him. Now...I wish I hadn't." Tristan shakes his head as I continue driving.
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

267 Reviews

Tue May 21, 2013 4:22 pm
Nike says...

William Franco

"Oh my," I laughed.

Emmett got another beer and started chugging it. Two nights in a row getting drunk, it's not a great accomplishment. But this is the only way I knew to make myself feel better.

"So, as I was at this party, some drunk ass dude tries to use my girlfriend! I'm just like, I'll beat you to shits!" Emmett said, laughing the whole time.

"Who was this guy? I wanna treat him."

"Ehh, not important man."

We kept laughing and chugging down our beers. You wouldn't think, but I guess in the weirdest circumstances you find the most random people to comfort you. And he was that one person that surprised me tonight.

"Can I have another, Harry?" I asked.

The bartender, not Harry, turned to me. He looked extremely familiar but I just couldn't put my finger on who he was...

"Drake?" Emmett gasped.

I looked over at him and saw the hatred that rose in his eyes.

"Wait, is this that Drake that tried to rape Lena in a teacher's closet?!" I huffed.

All Emmett did was nod. Getting me drunk in this bar was not a good idea. I stood up, looked him straight into his ivy green eyes. He had a playful smirk on his face, as if I couldn't do shit to him.

"You dare..." I hissed.

"Tell your little friend to leave my younger brother alone, got it?" he hissed.

Now he looked pissed off. Mouth stiff, eyes sharp. You could feel his anger.

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Tell your little friend Lena to leave Rick alone."

"Your brother is Rick? That homo? That homo that beat up his own boyfriend?"

His eyes were getting red and so was his face. I took a step back from him, cautious of what I was doing.

"Don't you dare call my brother a homo," he said with a sharp tone.

"Dude, alright. Calm down,"

"Get out of this bar."

I looked over at Emmett as he looked at me. I don't know, I guess we were trying to think of what to do, stay or leave. We had a right to be in this bar, but I guess we didn't want to get murdered by this sociopath. Sitting back down in my seat, I finished up my beer as Emmett did the same. We both stood up, I waved at Drake and smiled, and we went our way.

Jane Wills

I decided it was best to call Lena. I haven't seen her in so long and Sarah was ignoring me. Maybe she knew something.

"Hello?" Lena answered.

I swallowed down my anxiety and said, "Hey Lena,"

The thing was, we never really called each other. We only hung out that one time and after that we said casual 'Hello's', but that's it. So, yes, it was weird.

"Jane?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry to be calling you at this hour but..."

"No, it's fine. Is everything alright?"

Looking out my window, I saw Frankfurt in it's most beautiful. The moon was up as all the lights in the buildings were on. It showed the wonderful city life. So modern but yet traditional.

"Oh yeah, everything is great. I'm in Germany on my internship actually..."

There was a pause. "My, that's amazing!" she cheered.

"Right. It is," I hesitated. "Have you spoken to Sarah?"

"No, not ever since that party. Why?"

"Well, that's the problem. I'm really worried about her. She hasn't answered any of my calls or texts... I hope everything is okay."

"I bet everything is alright. If you want, I could check on her?"

"If you can, you don't have to. I'd be really nice, thanks."

"No problem,"

Another pause came up as I took a long sigh. It was half past eleven, time for bed, but I just couldn't sleep.

"How are you Lena?"

I heard her take in some air. Like a deep breath. Something was wrong.

"Lena, is everything alright?" I started to get worried.

"Yeah, of course." she said weakly.

"Lena..."

"Look, I gotta go. Goodnight Jane. I hope you have a great time in Germany. Talk to you later." she said in a hurry.

"Lena, you can tell me!"

"No! I can't!" she yelled. "You just wouldn't understand..." her voice was lower and a bit jittery, as if she was holding back her tears.

"Is it that Will guy?"

"Look, I gotta go." she hung up.

I looked at my phone in shock as my heart raced. I was so worried about my own life that I didn't notice something horrible had happened to her. It made everything in me hurt, you know why? Because I let my friend get hurt.

187 Reviews

Tue May 21, 2013 4:57 pm
ChocoCookie says...

Lena

Jane... I'm so sorry. Its not like I didn't want to tell you. The last person I could put all my burden upon is you. I didn't want that.

She called me. After a long time. I had forgotten all about Rick's case, I don't even know if Mr.Woodland is going to take any action for that. All I know is he informed that Avery's up for the counselling thing since she's the expert at making people spit out the truth. Typical Avery.

I look down my phone. I wonder if every between Will and Avery was alright? I had gotten between them again. I don't know what to do anymore. I start crying, those tears wetting my cheek over and over again. Ugh. Where do these come from? I don't want to cry! I want the answers, god damn it! I had to search for Sarah. Maybe Vivienne should know. I dial her number.

"Hey, Lena." Vivi says. I miss her. After graduation, she left to go back to Chicago.

"Hi, bum." I smile a little to myself. "Just wanted to ask you something."

"Only that? That's sad." she replied and I rolled my eyes.

"No, of course not. How's Chicago?"

"Its amazing! You should totes visit!" Vivi exclaims and tells me all about her new friends and stuff. I feel my throat closing every minute because usually, when I'm crying, she can get to know that in a second but that wasn't happening right now.

"T-That's great. Hey, do you know anything about Sarah?" I ask, finally.

Its like the line goes dead but I know she's there. There's this long pause and I can hear her breathing very distantly. She takes a deep breath.

"Why?" she asks.

Okay. Something's wrong. "She's a friend of mine and its been ages since I talked to her. I want to know-"

"Oh, cut the crap, Lena. You know how you managed to piss Sarah off with Will. By sucking up to him and kissing him. You destroyed all the hopes she had!" Vivi screamed.

I've never seen her so angry. I knew Sarah and Vivienne were good friends but I didn't know they were so close that my own best friend did not put in any effort to understand me. I shook my head.

"Vivi, you're misunderstanding everything!" I tell her.

"No, you are. I told you, you can find a perfect match but its not going to be Will." she tells me, and now, most definitely, the line goes dead. Just then, I get a call from Will and I think about picking it up or not. But I couldn't resist myself that I took the call. Before I could answer-

"Lena, Rick is Drake's younger brother." Will said, in a deep serious tone.

I freeze. Wait. Who's fucking brother?!

"W-What?" I hear myself saying.

"Yeah. I met him at the bar today." he told me which makes me frown. He's been drinking, again.

"Will, have you been drinking? Is everything alright between you and Avery?" I ask, forgetting everything that he just told me.

"We broke up, Lena." his icy voice spoke. "Its over."
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

267 Reviews

Tue May 21, 2013 10:37 pm
Nike says...

William Franco

I knew Lena would ask about my drinking. She worried about that. But no time to talk about it. I was at her house, in my pick-up, waiting for Lena. We were going to Drake's house. I had gotten the address from Emmett and I pulled it up onto my GPS.

"Here," I hear Lena chime as she hopes into my car.

It felt weird to have her next to me, but at the same time it made my heart race.

"Ready to spoil the news to his mother?" I asked.

"I guess so," she said.

We were inside the trailer home which smelt of chocolate chip cookies. Mrs. Montgomery had handed us tea and biscuits. To my shock, she was a very lovely lady.

"Ricky is not my son... he's my nephew. But Drake and him are very close." Mrs. Montgomery said as she sipped on her own tea.

The 'home' looked really neat and pristine. It's like, the most beautiful trailer I've ever seen. This woman is a true housewife... but she seemed really down about that fact. She was dressed up, even her hair was pulled into a soft bun. There was some make-up on her face. I guess she knew how to take care of herself.

"Where is his mother though? Being his teacher, I really have to speak to her about this." Lena said.

"Darling, his mother abandoned him. She now lives in South Africa. I'm his legal guardian, so anything and everything is for me to take care of." I could see the hurt in her sweet eyes.

"Right," Lena took a sip of her tea. "So, Mrs. Montgomery... did you know about Andy and Rick?"

They talked about everything for about an hour and a half. It was all solved and taken care of. Mrs. Montgomery was going to meet up with the principal and speak of Rick's punishment and whatnot. At least we know everything is fine from now on.

I had started the car as Lena gave her a hug. She came into the car and we drove off. The sun was about to set, six o'clock ticking closer.

"Wanna grab a coffee or something?" I asked.

Even I knew this was risky, but come on. She was my friend, I could hang out with her.

"Uh, sure." she smiled.

My phone rang from the centre console. I checked it and saw Chris's name. I grabbed it, answering the call.

"Yo," I said.

"Hey man, there's a basketball game on tonight. Wanna stop by my place and watch?"

I looked over at Lena and saw her staring out the window. Taking a breath, I smiled and returned to my call.

"Yeah, what time?"

"Uhm, let's say at eight. Sound cool?"

"No problem. Want me to grab some beer?"

Right then and there I could feel Lena looking at me when I said that. I bet she thought I had a drinking problem. No doubt.

"Nah, I got some. But a pizza would be nice..." he sighed.

"Pep?"

"Nooo, dude. Pepperoni?! I'm sick of it!" He laughed. "Get the deep-dish."

"No problemo, deep dish it is. I'll see ya."

"Yeah,"

We both hung up and I slid my phone into the console again.

Jane Wills
Spoiler! :
IN GERMANY NOTHING INTERESTING TO WRITE NOW.

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue May 21, 2013 10:50 pm
winterbites says...

Andy

"Nope," I said for the umteenth time to this teacher Avery.

"Andy, tell me who did this to you?" she was clearly losing her cool. I really felt like crying, I can't stand all this questioning. "Was it Rick and his friends."

"Leave me alone!" I say in the biggest voice I could find. "I don't need your stupid counseling. I don't need a hospital. I don't need friends, and I don't need Rick! Just let me die! Let me die!" I could feel the veins in my neck pumping. I closed my eyes, my energy was draining. "I just want to die." I whimper and go to pull out my drip.

"Nurse!" Avery called in a panic. "Please, someone!" She stood up as someone came in. I groaned it was Mary, the nurse who has trying to make me eat.

"Oh, no, honey." she said shaking her head, "Don't pull that out, or you'll be getting another needle." she took my hand, I had no energy to protest.

"I won't if I'm dead." I whisper, my eyes were getting weary. "Avery," I turn my head to her, "Tell Rick that I love him," I smile sadly.

"W-what?" she looks at me. I heard the nurse and her talking as I closed my eyes and shut down. "I will, Andy." I felt her grab my hand, "I will."

Spoiler! :
Tis okay guys, he isn't dead c:

Spoiler! :
Edit

Rick

"Fuck," I hit my hand on the wall in my room, my dad is going to kill me if he ever finds out I'm suspended.
I put on my jumper and made my way to my car. I hit the gas and speed off. I drove to the hospital and jumped out of my car and ran to the front deck, "Andy Dennis. I need to know where he is." I say out of breath.

"Slow down son," the man said, "I'm sorry, he can't have visitors right now, we think he-" The man stopped himself. "That information is classified, I'm sorry."

"Tell me." I beg. "I need to see him, now." I bang my fist.

"Rick, you little-" I moved my eyes to see Avery walking towards me, "He is dead, he wanted me to tell you that he loves you. His last words. You don't deserve them at all.

"I need to see him." I walk past her and Tristan.

"Urm, you can't go past there."

"I don't fucking care." I run down the hall with Avery and Tristan after me, "What room is he in?" I say over my shoulder.

"11b..." she says unsure. I turn a few corners and find the room, Andy was in a room by himself. I walk over to him, he looked pale as ever. I took is freezing hands.

"No," I whimper, and kiss his cheek, "Andy, come back..."
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu May 23, 2013 12:29 am
Sunshine says...

MY LIFE IS SO BUSY GUYS. ONE MORE WEEK UNTL REGULAR POSTS AGAIN!

Lacey

The last time a guy said 'I love you', it didn't put me in a good place.

Or so I thought.

If you connect all the dots and ignore the blaring neon sign that says 'YOU'RE HAVING A BABY', I suppose it puts me here. I like the way Allen's arms feel around me, warm and safe, so different from Hakan's.

I'm the girl, and I know that means I should be willing to whisper 'I love you' back and fill my life with all the romantic joys that come with those three little words. It's really hard for me to say them, because- like before- I don't know what the result will be. "Really? The last guy who said that to me lied, you know." My words are tart and bitter. The guilt that flows through me almost automatically, and I guess that tells me what I need to know. "I believe you, though. I really, really need to believe you. I... love you too."

He kisses my forhead, leaving it to tingle all over. "I understand." He's so perfectly eloquent I almost can't believe him right now, though I know that I need to. He should be insulted that I doubt him. He pauses. "What was he like?"

"Who?" I fake ignorance, because ignorance is strength.

"If you don't mind me asking, the Father."

I hadn't talked about ths to anyone else, and my walls are up as high as they can go. "His name is Hakan. He lives back home on the res. " I love Harmony, but the reservation will always be the place I grew up, and I will refer to it as so.

I stop talking, and Allen doesn't ask anymore.

There's a silence, and I settle into his arms. This isn't the desperate love I had before, but a safe one. "You know, when it becomes more obvious, everyone is going to think you're the father. You have to know that." These are words I never got to say to Hakan, the real father, and I have to hope I'm saying them to the fake one. "People are going to judge you for 'getting a girl pregnant'. You might have it as bad as I do, Allen. I don't know... if I want that to come on you. I want it to happen to Hakan, because he deserves their scorn, but you don't."
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

267 Reviews

Fri May 24, 2013 2:57 am
Nike says...

Jane Wills

It's been a few days in and I love it here. Everyone is so great. I get to do what I want to do, take pictures for the whole world to see, and they appreciate it. That's the amazing past. They want me to take pictures. They want to see the beauty I see.

"Elizabeth, what a beautiful picture." Demitria said.

Our boss has told the whole business that my name is Elizabeth, not Jane. Which isn't technically a bad thing, it's just that, God, it's hard to get used to. When someone calls out 'Elizabeth' I don't react immediately until I process it through my mind, like oh, that's me.

"Thank you," I smiled, pushing away the urge to scream out 'MY NAME IS JANE!'.

"It's perfect for the cityscape. Where did you take this picture?"

She sat down on her leather chair, sitting comfortably in her small office. Her being a Co-Founder of this company, she got to be manager of my section of the magazine. That is Photography. It's a small but very important section. But her office was just too small, I believe. For her, being Co-Founder, he should have windows as walls and tile floors. Instead she has a beautiful hardwood, white walls with one huge arched window, traditional framing. It was simple yet traditional, German style I guess.

"In my hotel room,"

She looked up at me, her purple eyes dazzled. Her skin resembled a cappuccino color, which made her eyes pop. I would say she was a short, petite woman any guy would go crazy for, unlike moi.

"Good, great..." she paused. "Using resources. Alright Elizabeth, we will use this picture for our issue of Germany. Thank you very much, this is just lovely." she had a brisk British accent. So different from Harmony.

"Thank you again, Demitria." I smiled and walked out of the room.

I dialed up Emmett's phone number. On this trip I was lucky enough to get a phone that could make International calls, it comes with the magazine internship. After a few rings his voice mail came up. I was deciding to either leave one or to not. Once the beep came up, I sat frozen on my brother's couch.

"Uh, um..." I murmured. Should I leave one? My heart raced. "Emmett, it's me Jane." I paused. "I just wanted to let... you know Germany is treating me great." I took a deep breath, trying to release the tension in my rib cage. "I-I miss you. Uh, I shouldn't have said that."

"If you would like to listen to your recording, press one. If you're not satisfied with your message, press star to re-record your message." The robot voice made me jump.

I pressed one and listened to how pathetic I was. Clicking star, I started all over again.

"Hey Emmett, It's me Jane. I'm sorry I even called... this is so stupid. I just wanted to ask how're you doing. I'm great! Germany is awesome! My pictures are loved by my manager. It's the best. I hope you're okay. I-," I stopped myself. "I miss you Emmett," I said quietly and hung up.

It's been only a few days but I didn't know my heart could hurt this bad. The pain is just unbearable, I just couldn't stop crying.

"Jane?" My brother asked.

He came into the living room, his blonde hair perfectly gelled to looked styled and green eyes were filled with worry. He sat down next to me on the white IKEA couch, rubbing my back.

"Sis, calm down, everything is fine. What happened?" He asked.

"It hurts," I managed to say through sobs.

William Franco
Spoiler! :
Later, after Choco's post. i want the response of Lena ;) tee hee

187 Reviews

Fri May 24, 2013 7:14 am
ChocoCookie says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry about that! I was going to post yesterday but I had to go :3

Lena

Will and I got the pizza's and drove down to the basketball game. Oh god, I have to spend through another "boy night". They knew how much I hated watching game and I saw Will grinning in the corner of his mouth every time I groaned.

"Do I really have to come?" I ask Will and carry the pizza's. We see Chris on the front row seats and there's a roaring crowd behind him.

"Do you have any other choice?" Will asks.

"I could go home and cuddle up for a movie." I tell him and roll my eyes as he laughs.

I hand over Chris the pizza's and shake my head at him. "You guys are impossible!"

Chris gives me a tight hug. I stare at him maybe hoping he would kiss me on the cheek or something like that but he didn't. I was a little upset but even so, I didn't want it to happen since I liked Will more.

"The game's just about to start." Chris says. punching his fists into the air. "Will! They're moving in! GO! GO! GO!"

I just sit there behind them, raising my eyebrows as I saw the boys get excited over 'not-so-exciting' stuff to me. I yawn a little but the crowd is killing me. There are girls saying, "Oh my god, he's so fucking sexy. I heard he makes out with every girl he gets. His muscles... Oh, I could tear them apart. Its killing me!"

I turn around to see the girl and it looks like she wants to eat up one of the most sexiest guys on the team. He winks at all of us and I instantly roll my eyes. Like I didn't have better things to do. Good lord.

"Hey, Lena! Be a girl and cheer for the team!" Chris saying, grabbing my wrist. I follow him up and stand there between Will and Chris. I've never seen Will so happy. The team we were cheering on had a margin of 8 points ahead. Both Will and Chris were jumping and screaming a few names.

"Let's grab some beer!" Chris saying, opening up champagne. Will grabs it and gulps it down his throat.

"Best.Day.Dude." Will tells us and hands me over the bottle. I drink a little down and feel a bit alright on the inside. Chris snatches it from me, drinking and eating the pizza at the same time.

The match is over after a few hours and our team wins. We're jumping, hugging each other and whatnot. It felt good to be with them. Chris said he had to get home soon today because his grandpa wasn't feeling too well so we walked separate ways. Now, it was just me and Will. We walked back to Will's car and just as we were about to get into the car, he stopped dead in his tracks. I looked around and followed his gaze.

Avery and Tristan.

Making out.

"Will?" I called out to him. I took his hand. Even if they did break up, Will was still not able to get over her. He shook his head.

"Fuck." he whispered. "How can Avery fall for a guy like him?"

"You need to calm down. Let's go back..." I tell him and he nods but Avery gets hold of us.

"Lena?" I hear her voice calling. I stare back at her. Tristan is behind her, his arms around her waist, quietly passing soft kisses to her neck. "Tristy, stop."

He looks up and rolls his eyes. "Oh, its you guys again."

"Come on, Lena, let's just get the shit out of here." Will shakes his head, grabbing my hand and leading me to his car.

Allen

I know I had to face everything. And to be really honest, I still don't care. Because Lacey is the first women I've ever loved truly.

I take a deep sigh and motion my hands through her hair. She always loved that. "I don't care. I'll face it and be a father where our baby won't even know who's the real father. I'll give it all the happiness it wants. I don't care what people think about me, I just want to bring that baby to a whole new world."

I wrap my arms around her and kiss her soft cheeks. It was still surprising that she wasn't as plum as other prego ladies.

"Allen, I just can't believe you sometimes." she whispered with a grin.

"I'm a man of gold. You gotta believe me." I joke and she rolls her eyes but doesn't stop smiling.

"You sure this is alright? You sure you're aware of all the consequences? You don't deserve that at all..." Her voice tells me and I notice her throat's gone all tight.

"For you and the baby, the gold man can face anything." I tell her, trying to make her happy. "Now, you haven't even got to eat anything. Want to go-"

"Oh my god!" Lacey exclaims, suddenly putting a hand over her belly. Her mouth is wide open and is staring at her belly. "Oh shit!"

I freaked out too, knowing nothing to do. I didn't have my phone with me to search on the web on what to do. "What happened?!" I ask, rubbing her shoulders.

She smiles like she's the happiest girl in life. "It kicked."

267 Reviews

Sat May 25, 2013 5:33 am
Nike says...

William Franco

I couldn't believe this. Today was not the best day, but I was at least hoping that after the game, it would be alright. Hanging out with Chris and Lena was great, but running into The Pair (it's what I call Avery and Tristan)... God no.

"I'm sorry," I huffed as we drove off on the highway.

"Huh?" Lena asked, lost.

Looking over at her for a second, I caught her looking at me with a questionable expression.

"I said I'm sorry."

"Yeah, but what for?"

I looked back at the road and watched all the cars in front of me slow down. I hit the brake lightly, slowing a bit behind this Ford Explorer in front of me. Traffic. Where was the jam?

"For my anger when we saw..." I didn't even have to finish and she understood.

"It's fine Will," she said softly. "It happens."

Yes, it's been a day since we broke up. So my heart is still torn to pieces. I need time to recover, and honestly that's normal. It just hurts. A lot. So I want it gone. The real problem though is that I know I'm hurting Lena. Through this whole process, she's the one in the most pain.

"Lena," I said.

We got so slow that we came to a stop. So, I pulled the gear into park and sat back in my seat. It was going to take a while.

"Yeah?" she asked.

I was still looking ahead of me, lost in the world of traffic jammed automobiles.

"I'm so, so sorry. You didn't deserve this. I should've been hated by everyone. I should've been the one that Avery wanted to kill. You seriously didn't deserve this pain, You're just too good to be so hurt."

"Oh Will, just shut up." she hissed.

Shocked, I turned my gaze at her and saw the anger rise in her blue eyes. Not her. She can't hate me now.

"What did I say?" I asked cautiously.

"I did deserve it! I kissed my best friend's boyfriend! I was a bitch for doing that. I broke Chris's heart! Will! I'm... I'm..." she took a breath from her yelling. "I'm such a horrible person." she looked out the window, tears dripping down her rosy cheeks.

There was a short, tense, pause. I said nothing and she did the same.

"No matter how sorry you feel for me, you didn't help me and I know you wouldn't help me. You'd be too chicken to get the nerve and do what you want to. You don't want to lose your friends and perfect girlfriend." she added.

"Lena..." I tried to say something.

"Just stop, okay?" she hissed.

"I can't lose you now!"

"You've been saying that. And how can I believe you?"

I couldn't bear to hear this anymore! She was right! I have said that so many times and did nothing about it. I did nothing to get her. And that just wasn't fair.

Jane Wills
Spoiler! :
It'd be nice to know if Emmett was alive lol

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun May 26, 2013 12:41 am
Sunshine says...

Emmett is ALIVE.

Emmett

I feel dead.

I am a Zombie from one of those shows that Lacey loves but I still cover my ears over; moaning idiocy with only one undefined purpose in life. I wish I could blame it on the pile of mid-way through the school year AP work and the pile of documents from Harvard, but I can't. I try to drown myself in a sea of my own intelligence, but everything keeps coming out to one thing- Jane, Jane, Jane.

"Hey Emmett, It's me Jane. I'm sorry I even called... this is so stupid. I just wanted to ask how're you doing. I'm great! Germany is awesome! My pictures are loved by my manager. It's the best. I hope you're okay. I-."

The phone blabbers on, but I don't pick it up. I can't bring myself to get back under that mess with her. I won't do it.

When the message ends abrubtly, the only sound is the soft murmer of Doctor Who in the background and the soft closing of the front door. The air buzzes with the emptiness of no longer hearing it.

I click on another message, longing to hear what is now evaporated. "Oh, uh, hello Emmett. I just got to Germany. The chocolate here is really good, and I got to see my brother again. I'm not even tempted to try the beer. Thanks for that, I guess. Look, um, I miss you. Dang, I shouldn't be saying that. Okay, sorry, bye."

"Shouldn't you be doing homework? I mean, I knew you were bad and everything, but skip AP Physics homework bad? Dang."

I can't see my sister, but I can picture her behind me. Her shoes are still on and she took out her braid because Allen likes her hair better down. You can tell she's pregnant now, as her stomach sticks out just as much as her hip. Lacey's footsteps lead her to my bed.

"Shut up, Lacey. You were even worse before."

Lacey snorts, running a hand through her thick hair- down, as I expected. "I found out I was pregnant. I win, Emmett. " When I don't reply, she lowers her voice. "I've seen you, Emmett. I know you've been taking those prescription pills. And drinking! Chelsea told me she saw you totally conked out! If Mom and Dad found out... I mean, they already have me to deal with!"

Lacey's selfishness wins out every time. She deserves a moment to wallow in self pity, but she didn't. She went out and found herself a new boyfriend- one that might let himself be a Father- instead, leaving all the pity in the House to follow me around.

"Hakan," I say, refering to the baby's father, "didn't deserve your pain. You couldn't give it to him if you tried."

Lacey clutches a handful of her shirt, which I've never seen before. "Emmett, you fixed Jane, and now that she's gone you're turning into her!"

I don't know if Lacey's right, and the dark mood consumes me. Next thing I know I could be having sex in a drunk fit, and nobody is going to come rescue me from myself. Nobody has that capability; I am the rescuer, the saver, the night in dull armor. There has never been anyone meant to save the one who takes all the saving onto himself.

I look at my sister, her eyes feverish in the worry for me, and I suddenly realize what's going on. "Allen. You were just with Allen and he knows now, doesn't he? He knows about you."

Guilt crosses my sister's face. She turns to watch the old TV through my bedroom drawer, touching her belly as Amy Pond touches her own. "He's my Rory, Emmett. Hakan doesn't need to have any part n the baby's life with him around. He was excited when it kicked. Excited! He thinks I'm lucky." Her face softens, and she turns back at me. "I still love Hakan. You know that, don't you?" I nodd, my mouth dry. I hated her when I figured that out, but now I know. Loving Jane is how it feels. "I love Allen though, too, and he's the one who will love the baby. "

"He doesn't know everything though, does he?"

"Does Jane?" She seems peeved at this, like she's acknowleging that he should know, but knows that not telling him is optional. "You haven't even talked to her since she left. Does she even know what's going on?"

"No."

"We're both idiot then, aren't we?"

I get from my desk, climbing into bed next to Lacey. She's always been so much smaller than me, but now she feels substantial, like she has finally grown into her body.

We are both silent for awhile, breathing in each other's air through open mouths. "We should tell them both." I say quietly. "That would be the right thing to do."

"Allen's had enough suprises for awhile, I think, but Jane still loves you. She still needs you, and you're making up flaws for yourself to need her. Hell, why don't you just board the next plane to Germany!" I don't say anything, and she sits up, screeching, "Emmett!"

"I could, you know. It would get me out of Mom and Dad's hair. Online classes wouldn't kill me. Plan for one week, just to see her. To see if we made the wrong decesion. Besides, with Uncle John's money..."

Lacey looks at the dingy carpet of my room, like she always does when Uncle John is mentioned. "One week, and then you'd come back?"

"Yeah." I don't promise anything, even though I know Lacey expects one.

"And you won't drink the amazing German beer and will bring me back chocolate?

"Of course."

The door opens with the sound of our parents coming home. I listen to them for what feels like the first tme in a long time; one speaking a mix of English and Spanish, and the other responding in a lilted laugh.

"Well, tchaus, my brother. You better tell Mom and Dad before leaving."

My heart rises higher than it has since the day I told Jane that I first loved her. I'm coming, Jane.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

267 Reviews

Mon May 27, 2013 4:19 pm
Nike says...

William Franco
Spoiler! :
After Choco (Lena)

Jane Wills
Spoiler! :
SUNSHINE I'M SO HAPPY HE'S ALIVE.

There we go. I stared at my picture in the magazine, so clean and recognized. A smile crept onto my face as I read the article which talked about all the members of this organization. Especially me.

Jane Elizabeth Wills is the photographer of this beautiful picture of Frankfurt, Germany. She is a phenomenal girl. She's going to study in Columbia College which is located in New York. Her dream is to become a professional photographer. We appreciate her help with the magazine. She's part of the soul of Forever Magazine.

Okay, they had this kind of paragraph for every person here. It was amazing what they did for us. Now we will be known and loved for what we do.

"Elizabeth?" Demitria said.

I turned in my seat and looked at her. Her hair was in a high ponytail today and she was wearing a pastel yellow sleeveless dress. It complimented her tan that she got just a few days ago. She was holding a phone as she came up to me.

"Yes Demitria?" I said.

"There's a phone call for you," she handed my the phone.

Swallowing hard, I put it against my ear. Who could it be?

"Janey?" My brother said.

"Oh, hey man."

Pulling my hair, I realized that it was in a braid. When did that happen? This day was way too long. I don't even remember what I ate for breakfast.

"Wanna go to this party at my friend's place?"

I thought about it for a second. One, it'd be bad because of the drinking. Two, it'd be good because I could find someone to get over Emmett. Three, that's never going to happen. I can't get over him. We do need a break, but this is for my internship. A time to breath. Even if each intake is another strike of pain through my chest. Being alone is what I need to learn to take care of myself on my own.

"Come on Jane... you got that rad haircut, awesome new clothes. You gotta show off somewhere!" he cheered.

It is true. I did get a haircut. And it was freaking rad. I cut it short, up to the tops of my shoulders and they were wavy, like Jennifer Lawrence's new do. And my clothes, European style for the win!

"Fine, after work though."

"That's when all the parties start smarty!"

"Okay, I'll see you later Cole. Pick me up at my place."

"The party is in your hotel. So, I'll just drop by to get you."

I huffed, smiling. "That's what I meant."

"Cheerio!"

"Cheerio,"

We both hung up. I pulled the elastic out of my hair and let it fall onto my shoulders. So free and beautiful. The windows around me let in the bright sun which made me smile. It was a great thing, Forever Magazine.

The party was loud and rowdy. Just as I expected. Except that not everyone drank or got drunk. It was more chill than the parties in America. Everyone was nice and caring. They didn't care if you drank or not, they just wanted to hang out.

It ends up that my brother's friend is a guy who is in the internship with me, Oliver. He's got the hottest body. He works out everyday. Can you believe it? His hair is wavy and long, like what Sam Winchester has from Supernatural. I would have sex with that hair. Just that hair. It's bad, my love of hair. He's tan and has green eyes, like an emerald.

"Jane, do you want another one?" Oliver said with his British accent.

"Yeah," I smiled.

He got off the balcony and into the room. We were sitting on the small balcony which contained a small table and two chairs. Some plants were surrounding it. There was a beautiful view of the city, especially since it was night. He came back and sat down across from me, handing me my coke. I loved the fact that he was wearing a navy blue button down and jeans, so classy but yet so casual.

"How do you like it here so far?" he asked.

"It's great Oli. Look at the city! How beautiful can it get? It's better than America!" I laughed.

"It really is, isn't it?" he looked at me though.

"Right," I smiled.

Looking at my cell phone, I saw I had one missed text message. Clicking it, I saw an SMS from Kathy, a girl that works with me. She work in the writing department of Forever.

Hey girl, want to hang out later?

It was from three in the afternoon. Damn.

Sorry I couldn't reply earlier. If you still wanna hang, you should come to Oliver's party. You know the guy from the writing department.

A second later she replied.

I am here! Are you on the balcony?

Yup. See you here?

I put my phone back into my pocket and saw Oliver on his phone as well. The conversation was dead cause of me, wasn't it.

"Oliver! Come here man!" Cole said from the doors.

He looked up with a smile and walked into the room. I stayed on the balcony, a little dissapointed. Next thing I knew, Kathy was in his seat. She had long curly black hair and brown eyes.

"Hey girl!" she smiled her pearly whites and sipped her wine cooler.

I was jealous of her style, she always knew what to wear. Today, for the party, she wore a short red dress that had a circle bottom, like a circle skirt. It was cute.

"Hey hey hey," I laughed.

"How was your day?" she had a French accent, she's from Nice.

"Good, great actually! My picture was in the magazine!" I cheered.

"I know! I saw! It's amazing! I wrote the article underneath it." she smiled.

"Oh wow, that's great."

I grabbed my glass of coke and sniffed it first, tracing the scent of rum. He spiked my drink that little bastard.

"Oliver..." I hissed under my breath.

"What?" Kathy was curious.

"He spiked my drink."

She waggled her eyebrows, taking my coke from my hands and sniffing it herself. With a nod, she handed it back.

"Spiked," she approved.

The wind blew past us, a soft cool wind that made your body grow goosebumps. It made the night sky even more appealing.

"You know anything about him, other than he's been my brother's 'boyfriend' for the past month?" I joked.

"Well, he is attached to your brother and vice versa. They could be gay and just never told you." she giggled.

"I just met him, let's not get too far ha-ha."

"He's kind of an arsehole. But, I hooked up with him once... not bad." her eyes filled with lust.

Something at the pit of my stomach burned when she said that.

"So, yeah. A cool guy?" I asked.

She just nodded, chugging down the rest of her cooler. Getting up, I walked back into the hotel room and got pulled into the life of pop music and dancing. I don't dance, so I just walked through the 'dance area' and into the kitchen. Cole and Oliver were standing by the island, chatting while drinking beer.

"Hey guys," I smiled.

"Yo," my brother waved.

"You enjoying yourself?" Oliver asked.

"I guess..."

I walked up next to them, leaning against the island, next to Oliver. Somehow, with them I forgot about all my problems.

"You guess? Dude, your sis is laaame." Oliver said.

"Hey," I slapped his arm playfully. "I am not lame."

"Oh, fuck off." he laughed.

I looked over at Cole and saw that he was staring at Kathy. She was dancing with the crowd to Tiesto, some trance music, with the biggest smile in the world. He was checking her out, and so was Oliver. He already had her, he could stop.

"Hey, Kathy!" I called out, walking toward the dance floor.

The music just got louder as I got closer. Kathy turned towards me and pulled me into the dance. I just joined her for a little bit and caught Oliver looking at me instead. I don't know, it made me happy.

I felt some vibrating from my pocket, so I pulled it out and stepped away from the dancing. I was wearing this black dress, almost the same style as Kathy's but with pockets and studs on the sides.

"Hello?" I answered, covering my left ear with my hand to block out the sound.

"Hey," I knew that voice, my heart stopped. "Can I stay with you tonight?"

What. How. Emmett. How did he? What's going on?! He can't stay with me! He's in America. I'm in Germany!!! Did he forget?

This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.
— Winston Churchill