Young Writers Society

Harmony High

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Sat May 11, 2013 11:46 am
View Likes
ChocoCookie says...

Lena

My thoughts are whirling. The memories come back to me in just a second, the times I had with Avery, Will and Chris. How much I loved Chris that time. Then, I changed it to Will. I'm such a bitch. I change boyfriends like their puppets. But even Will did. But I shouldn't have kissed him ever. Never in my whole life.

I'm just walking down the hall, with my eyes drawn into an arc. Things are worse than I expected them to be. Avery's so much more furious. I don't understand why its only me I have to go through. I just don't understand it at all. Randomly, I walk to the back of the school and come across two boys, kissing.

Kissing.

Kissing.

What the fuck?!

They're making out!

I hide behind a wall and see it happening. Oh my gosh, this is the first time I was seeing it live. Guy to guy. I couldn't have seen it worse. After that, one of the guys goes off and other guy-Andy, I remember, takes a huge drag from his cigarette. He walks towards my direction and turns to see me. I give him a look and his eyes widen.

"Fuck! That wasn't real, I swear!" he exclaims. I grab the cigarette out of his hand and throw it away.

"Yeah, I believe that." I say sarcastically. "Are you planning to get yourself thrown away from school?"

"Look who's lecturing me. I heard you've done worse things."

I just stare at him. "I might have but not things like I saw half a minute back, anyway."

He pushes past me. "Look, I don't give a damn, alright?" he says over his shoulder. "You butt off from what we do."

"Don't talk to me like that!" I spoke.

"You're just a girl whose committed as huge as a mistake as what I did right now. We're quite equal."

I don't speak. I know that, you bitch freak.

"If I keep your secret, and you keep mine, things will be just the way they are. If you don't..."

"Its not like things are any better." I murmur, shrugging but he hears me.

I see a huge smirk on his face and he walks away.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sat May 11, 2013 12:41 pm
winterbites says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry for posting again, I just have no life c:

Andy

I really need to be more carful with all these new teachers. I though as I walked off to my locker. She had no right to take my smoke away that bitch. I need to stay away from Ricky, but I can't and I know he is no good for me. I just, sigh, can't.

I decided to skip last period and chill at the old abandoned park near my house a few streets away. "I hope you're not planing on leaving out these doors." I turn to see my drama teacher standing behind me with some random guy -Tristan, he is in my Drama class with me, yeah, he is hot. I look him up and down once with a simple smirk. The teachers arms are folded and her foot was kind of stuck out a little.

"Oh, actually, I was." I smile, "Can I be off now?" I tap my foot.

"Look, kid, I'm already over your attitude." She growled, "Get your arse back to class now! Be-before I call your parent!"

"What ever." I rolled my eyes and walk back to my Art class, but not before I flashed her my middle finger. She didn't see though, well, I hope.

"Andy!" my art teacher calls from the front, "You're late! Go sit down."It was the chick that caught Rick and I. I smirk at her. Ricky looks, up from his paper at me. I looked around and noticed hardly anyone I knew was in this class, so I walked down and took the seat next to him.

"Where were you?" he whispered.

"Wouldn't want people to see us together." I didn't look at him.

"Andy, its not like that, you know." Ricky sighed.

"It sure seems like it Rick. Look we can talk about it later okay?" he nodded and puts his hand on my leg under the table.

"You're still a faggot." He kept his voice low. I nodded and smiled.

"You're not much better."
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Sat May 11, 2013 5:18 pm
View Likes
Nike says...

Will Franco

It was half past four as I stood at the parking lot, waiting for Avery. The fact that I managed to stand here five times a week terrified me. All this place brought was memories and not all of them good. Thank God I finished high school already. Those years were terrible.

Just as I looked up from my phone, I spotted her. That beautiful dark brown hair blew in the wind as she walked towards me. She probably wasn't intending on heading towards me because she was staring at her phone, but she was headed in this direction. My heart started to race as she got closer, I could stand here and let her see me... but I couldn't let that happen.

Before she got any closer, I ran inside the car. Lena just couldn't see me, it'd ruin her. I've ruined her life already, she doesn't need more to add on to that.

I looked through the rear view and saw her amazing blue eyes looking around for her car. Man did I miss her. Everything in me cried in pain, just itching to touch her.

That's when my phone rang which made me jump. I grabbed it, answering the call.

"Hello,"

"Sweetie, I'm staying a little late today... I'll come home on my own. You just go. I'm sorry I made you wait. Just got a lot of work on my plate." and I heard someone chuckle in the background and her huff. "So, I'll see you later, okay?"

"Yeah, it's fine Ave. I'll see you later. Don't work too hard." I smiled.

"Okay, love you."

"Love you too,"

I hung up, pulling the gear into drive and sped off to my house. You'd think, why don't you just go to Lena? I'm not stupid. I'm not doing that. No matter how much my heart tells me to.

As I drove I saw this kid, a teenager probably a few years younger than me run from the side of the building, yelling something to no one. Unless that someone was hiding. He was pretty built, looked like one of those jocks. Like Allen. But it wasn't him, obviously. I shrugged it off and went my way.

Jane Wills

Spoiler! :
Will write when Sunshine writes
“There is no need to call me Sir, Professor.”

Reviews: 0
Sun May 12, 2013 1:34 am
Desticakes101 says...

Avery

"Here ya go." Tristan says handing me my ice cream cone. Mmmmm mint with brownie, oreos, chocolate sauce, whip cream, and rainbow sprinkles. I lick my lips and smile up at Tristan in appreciation. He smiles those pearly whites back at me as I snatch the ice cream and shove half of it into my mouth. Oh...yumm. I've been dieting for the past six months and have religiously not touched anything with raw sugar. But, the shows over and I can now be as fat as I want.

"It's just...how dare she ya know? Like how do you parade as my best friend...and then fuck with my boyfriend? Its so fucked up dude..." I continue going at my ice cream.

"You can't blame it only on her ya know? It takes two to tango." He says watching me as I eat.

"If I blame Will...then...I'll never see him the same way. If I don't place all of the blame on Lena than..."I feel tears burning at my eyes. Tristan sighs as he takes a napkin and pats my cheeks where tears have begin falling.

"Ave...do you remember this? When we would just go to that cafe downtown and drink mochas, and you would complain to me about the next thing that Allen had done. And even though I had still been a year younger than you, and I was still a gawky ugly stoner loser, you still loved hanging with me." I stare at him wistfully, smiling.

"Yeah you had been pretty ugly back then." I say sticking my tongue out at him. He throws a napkin at me and shoots me a stank face.

"But still, even back then I had always told you to stop dating those ass holes. All they'll do is put you through a relationship full of bullshit, and in the end you'll be left cheated on, depressed, and pissed the hell off." He shrugs.

"So what do you suggest I do then Einstein?" I ask.

"Well...you did say that he's been good to you all that time in California, but now that you're back in Connecticut, watch him, and see how he acts now that you're back in practical walking distance to Lena." He sighs and then says "And Ave? If you can forgive Will so quickly, give Lena a chance. It's not fair that she not only lost Chris, whom I hear won't even give her the time of day, but also both you and Will. You both could practically finish each others' sentences,m you were so close.So...give her a chance." He finishes and looks up at me. I sigh and look down.

"Your right Tristy...God your so right." As soon as I see her tomorrow, I'll try to fix things up. Tristan's right. I finish my ice cream and we both walk out. Tristan has to turn left since his house (more like monster sized estate) is in walking distance. Kinda. He has to take a bus, which drops him off about three miles from his, again monster sized, home. And from there he walks. I'm not all that sure why, but Tristan loves dwelling in peasantry business. Like taking a bus. Or shopping at thrift stores. He even sold his BMW M6, one of the worlds most friggin expensive cars, to put in his bank account. For what I don't know.
I take a right to head back to the school and as I pass a pizzeria I see Lena inside. She's smiling and flipping her hair in a flirty like way to someone she's talking to. I begin walking to the entrance, to enter and finally have that much needed talk with her, when I see who she's talking to. When I see him I stop and reel around and start sprinting as fast as I can to Harmony High. Because I was hoping to never see that guy again. He's one of the main reasons I wanted to leave L.A. Because, unfortunately, I just happened to find Ashton in there. Flirting with Lena. Shit.
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

35 Reviews

Sun May 12, 2013 3:54 am
winterbites says...

Spoiler! :
I've decided to make a character profile character for Rick
Name (first, middle, last): Rick Wyatt

-Nickname: Ricky

-Year (freshman-senior): senior

-Appearance (no picture, use adjectives): Ricky had brown hair that he pushes back. His eyes are brown and freckles of gold. He is is usually wears comfy button up shirts or just a plane tee. He always wears jeans that fit perfectly to his legs.

-Personality: Rick is seductive, he puts on his charm, causing him to land in trouble. He rarely breaks school rules, but that doesn't mean he likes them. He is a jock.

-Family (siblings, parents, etc): Lives with his mum.

-History/ Problems They're Facing: Secretly dating Andy, but still having a hard time keeping up with the popular crowd.

-Quirks/Habits: He always fiddles with the ring Andy gave him a few years back.

Spoiler! :
I know it say no pictures but this is how I see them
Ricky; Image
Andy; Image

Yeah, these guys are from Suicide Room
I've got you under a spell and I don't think I'll be letting you out~ If Only She Knew Voodoo Like I Do, Get Scared.

187 Reviews

Sun May 12, 2013 5:04 pm
ChocoCookie says...

Lena

I don't know what Andy and the other guy was up to, but whatever it is, I wouldn't dare want something like that happening in front of the public and give our school another bad reputation. I walk to the pizzeria, scanning through my text messages. None from Vivienne, one from jerk cousin- Allen, wonder what he says:

Not that I'm jobless, my sister wants you to give her advice on her first date, like what dress and stuff.

I roll my eyes. They hardly ever talk to me. My family isn't even close to them but I don't know why Allen's sister- Andrea, Andy for short, keeps bugging on to me for dating advice. I mean, I've not dated all the boys in the world! People get it all wrong. I text back.

Uhh, no offence but I haven't got the time. See ya.

I look up to see a very familiar face ducking into his car. I don't know who but he kind of looked a lot familiar to me for a second there. I shake my head. Maybe its just my imagination. I can't believe Avery hasn't forgiven me yet. I... I really don't know what to do anymore or make her believe.

I walk into the pizzeria and order for a drink first. It was the most peaceful place to be in, for me. I see this really hot guy sitting next to me, giving me all sorts funny grins and smirks. I frown at him as the waiter brings in my drink. I sip to it. He comes closer and takes the seat next to me. I don't dare look at him.

"Hey, sexy." he says.

I ignore. I haven't got time for bullshit.

"So... I guess you're not the fun type, huh?" he asks. "I'm Ashton."

I look at him directly on the eye. "Do I look like I care?" I shoot.

He gives me forced laugh. "Can I get you something?" he puts a lock of my hair behind my ears and I slap his hand off.

"Look, can you stop flirting and touching me? I turned out to be the wrong girl for you. So, goodbye and here ends our meeting."

I turn back to the waiter and tell him I'll pay the bill. Ashton gets more closer to me and grabs me by the waist. I wriggle off but his arms are strong and pulls me closer.

"What the hell are you doing?!" I whisper sternly to him. "You do realize this is a public place? Let me go, you pervert!"

He laughs again and lets go. "Just testing you. Guess, you're perfect for me."

I stare at him. Perfect? Me, with this alien? Never. I promised I wouldn't date such people. I pay and pick up my bag and leave the pizzeria. I wish today would end. It was terrible. Ran into Avery, got almost ragged by a flirt ass, what more?
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

Sun May 12, 2013 7:56 pm
MikeyG says...

Tristan

Talking to Avery again... like old times...it was weird. But so great. Walking home, my mind kept flashing back to that night. That night where we went from strictly friends...to something else. It had been Linnie's party. Since the chick has a constant open bank account (meaning she's fucking rich for no reason) the party was...crazy. You know how drunk rich white girls. They throw Project X style parties all the time. Literally, I kid you not, I saw a random midget jump out of the oven. So yeah. One of those parties.
I had been drinking some beer, when I watched as she came in. I had always found Avery sexy as all hell because...well she was. And I even had a tiny little crush on her. Also no big deal. But that night...she looked...different. Everything about her was...just...more I guess. She was wearing her hair long, curly, and down her back, and I noticed that she had put golden highlights in it that really extenuated her own natural red higlights from staying outside in the sun too long. Her dress literally (again I fucking kid you not) looked like it had been painted on her. Like someone literally took a paintbrush full of golden sparkles and painted her a V-neck, no sleeved dress that stopped at her mid-thigh. And then her golden stilettos...no words. So what the hell do you expect. The room was dark, she was drinking cosmo after cosmo, and was laughing and giggling at everything around her. So I approached her.
And we danced, and danced, and danced, and danced. And then she turned around and kissed me. And I kissed her back and she tasted sweet, like green apples. And she ran her hands down my chest...and then at some point I just happened to pick her up and take her into on of the guest bedrooms. You can guess what happened there. Just insert moaning, a bit of screaming, a lot of movement, a few grunts, and viola! A recipe for disaster.
When I woke up i found her drooling on my bare chest, and I realized that I loved her. I had loved her for awhile now, and...and now I had her. And when she woke up, she looked up at me and smiled. And I smiled right back at her. And right about then was when I realized that I couldn't have her. I couldn't love her because I was me. And she's the equivalent to an angel. And i'm a forever fuck up. All I would do was fuck her up. So when we were both dressed and she asked me if i'd call her later, I said yes. But I never did. And even when each voicemail from her became more desperate, more scared, more...hurt, I just blocked her number. And when she saw me at school in september she ignored me and I her. But since we both ran in the same social circles we had to become distant friends. And we began talking again. But it was still never the same.
I sigh, and kick at a small rock as I walk home. I want her back. Or...I want what we had for that one night. But I want it for forever. I still love her I guess. But to get her back...I have to break her and Will up. So thats just what i'm gonna have to do I guess.

Spoiler! :
Ohhh the dramatics. You guys better watch out! Tristan seems to be trying to break that tiny veil of normalcy. But yeah, I just want to announce that i'll be taking over Ashton's role. It's been pretty hard for @Desticakes to write in a guys point of view, so me being the saint I am, will take it over for her. If anybody has anything they would like from Ashton or Tristan, feel free to message me or message @Desticakes. She'll just relay the message back to me. I hope to have lot's of fun with each of you and...yeah. Thats it.

267 Reviews

Mon May 13, 2013 3:32 am
Nike says...

Will Franco

Throwing a tennis ball against the wall, it flew back to me as I repeated the process. I was laying on my back against the floor as I did this. Today was yet another boring day off. My phone rang just a second later. Letting the ball hit the ground, I picked up my mobile and looked at the called ID. No matter how much he hated me now, I didn't delete his number. So, as he called, I saw his name. Chris.

"Hello?" I was being cautious.

"Will..." there was a short, tense, pause. "Look, we need to talk"

35 Reviews

Mon May 13, 2013 6:42 am
winterbites says...

Andy

I packed up my things and walked out of my class, "I'll be over later." Ricky whispered, then pushed me when his friends came into view.

"What were you doing with him?" one of them asks. I roll my eyes and walk faster in front of them.

"Just reminding him what life is like being straight," Rick laughed behind me, "Isn't that right fag?" his friends laugh. Yeah, it really hurts, but I know he loves me. I turn around and stick my finger up at him.

"I re-call hearing something, hmm, a little... Different." Rick's eyes hardened. "But you guys wouldn't want to hear about that." I continued walking and left them behind confused, except for Rick.

I slammed my door shut after turning off the engine and hopping out. "Maya?" I called out to my aunt. There was a note on the kitchen counter,
Andy!
I'm not going to be home until tomorrow night, and I expect you to go to school! The hospital needs me to work over again. You can only have one friend over at a time, do you understand? Love you, I'll call tonight.
~Maya xox

I threw the note back on the bench and walked to the fridge, I found some cold pizza to heat up, Rick always like pizza, Placing the pizza in the oven I went and laid on the couch. I looked at my phone to see if I had any messages, none, it only read the time, 4:50. I'll have enough time to sleep a bit. I closed my eyes and drifted off.

My phone buzzing woke me up, I read the time, 5:30. "Awh, shit." I pressed the answer button, "Hello?"

"Hey, Andy, its Rick. I'm gonna be there in like ten." I ran a hand through my hair, "And I'm starving. If you're still alright with it." he sounded kinda insecure.

"No, yeah, its fine bab-Ricky. I'll see you then." I hung up.

Mon May 13, 2013 9:27 pm
Desticakes101 says...

Spoiler! :
I'll post when you guys feel like switching to the next day =)
life is a beach (*chuckle chuckle* get it lol)

267 Reviews

Mon May 13, 2013 10:19 pm
Nike says...

lets switch to next day ^^

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue May 14, 2013 12:58 am
Sunshine says...

Emmett

Everything in me was just screaming and cursing, profanity dropping off my every thought like raindrops, but all I can do is look at her forlornly.

I know it should be over. Shit, it was too rushed into anyway, too at risk of falling apart. I love her to much, the way Lacey loved her ex-boyfriend, in a destructive way that ends in a violent torrent, the end result lost in the dust.

An internship?

That was great, I mean, really. Part of me thought that I was safe from the pain those caused in relantionships- that would be left to poor Jane- and maybe I underestimated her. I didn't think she was capable of getting one, of going so far away. It hadn't been a possible in the 'choose your own path' work of my own mind.

I pull her close to me, but she doesn't loosen under my grasp. She feels stiff, not the familiar warmth I was expecting. The warmth I wanted so bad.

"Germany?"

"Yeah. I wasn't sure if I wanted to take it. God, Emmett, it's so far away. I have ties here, but it seems like nobody wants them anymore." She mutters the last part into my armpit. "I could go be somebody."

I want to tell her to stay, that breaking up would be a mistake, but the logical side of me says that it's not. She needs ths oppurtunity more than she needs you. I wish I hadn't said anything now. I wish I would have kept my mouth shut, stayed blind to the logistical side of things.

I let her go.

"It's official, then." My voice sounds fake, clipped to my own ears. "We won't be seeing each other any more. You'll go to Europe; I'll go to Harvard."

We just stare at each other for another moment, the air between us shallow like the emotions twirling inside of me. Jane says, "You got in?" In a really tiny voice.

Worlds apart, we no longer stand on the same soil; she is going to bring her art to Europe, frolic around with German guys a year to young, and I am going to bury myself under textual evidence and highly superior minds. I can no longer fathom how, under that old willow tree a few months back, we found ourselves on the same Earth, the same beautiful page with articulate math equations and gorgeous pictures. She is Mars, fire burning so close to the sun she can't even see he flame anymore; but I am Pluto, lonely and frozen in my own empty world.

"Yes."

"Emmett, that's so great."

"Yeah, I know."

The words we had, like our worlds, have seperated, blown up in the fire.

"Bye, Jane."

"Goodbye, Emmett."

I watch her as she goes.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

35 Reviews

Tue May 14, 2013 6:32 am
winterbites says...

Rick

I knocked on Andy's door, like old times. I don't know why he stays with me after all the things I've said and done, "Andy?" I called, he should be j=home, I just rang him.
The door opened, Andy was just putting on a shirt, I always loved his body, yeah, he wasn't all muscle like me, but it was still hot.

"Sorry, I had to heat up another pizza, the other one burned," I laughed at his horrible cooking skills.

"I'm guessing you fell asleep again?" he smiled and nodded, "Gonna let me in?"

"Oh, yeah!." He laughed, "Here." He took off my jacket for me and hung it on a chair. "Urm, did you want anything to drink?"

"Wow, this place has really changed," I look around.

"I moved everything around since, the accident... Drink? I only have lemonade..." He said biting his lip.

"That's fine. Pizza smells good," I say walking up behind him.

"What are you doing?" He stands up with the cans.

"Nothing," I wrap my arms around his waist. Andy sighs, "What's wrong?" I rub his stomach.

"A teacher saw us today," I stopped rubbing his stomach. "We shouldn't do this anymore. What ever this is." he moved my arms away. It felt like he had just stabbed me in the stomach.

"I-I, what?!" I didn't know what to do.

"This, well, its over..." he sighed again.

"You're just going to drop me like a fly?" I screamed.

"Rick, please, don't make this harder for me." He covered his face.

"Hard for you?" I laughed dryly, "You're dumping me. I finally get to see you and be alone with you, and you're frigging dumping me!" I couldn't believe it.

"You'll be fine with out me, I'm sure you have enough girls to keep you satisfied."

"I s this what this is all about? Baby, that's just a cover." I reached for his hand.

"No," he moved it back, "This is about my feelings, I can't do this anymore. You should go." he lowered his eyes.

"Please, let me kiss you, just once," Andy shook his head, tears fell down both our cheeks, "One more." I begged. I grabbed his hand and pulled him to my chest, "One." I held his cheek in my shaking hand, "I love you." I've only said this to him once before, but I do. He looks down, "Andy, look at me." he shakes his head. I rub his cheek and sneak a kiss to his cheek.

"I can't, Ricky." he looks up with fresh tears in his eyes, I lean closer and press my lips to his and pulled him to my body. He kissed back with more force. I felt his tears on my cheeks. He pressed his cool hands to the back of my neck, pulling my mouth closer to his. His tongue runs over mine, I bite and pull at his lip, "I can't do it anymore." He pulls back from me.

"Andy." I whimper.

"Please, just go." He turns around, "Leave." I shake as I walk to the door. He dumped me... I thought over and over.

187 Reviews

Tue May 14, 2013 10:11 am
View Likes
ChocoCookie says...

Lena

I'm thankful its the next day. I wasn't in the mood to go to school and teach anything for I had a funny feeling for today. I dress up on a simple dress and pick up my stuff. I sit down for breakfast. It was pancakes today, one of my favourites but I still kept picking on it.

Ugh, what's wrong with me today?

My mom stares at me and takes a seat next to me.
"Honey, are you alright? Don't you like your pancakes?" she asks, her eyes all concerned about only me.

I sigh. "No, mama. The pancakes are wonderful. Just not on my mind today." I've been pretty truthful to my mom ever since the thing with Avery, Chris and Will happened. I told her everything, and I remember how much I cried on her arms that day and she patted my head. She was so lovely.

"Then why don't you take an off for today?" she asks me. "Its just school."

"Mama, this is the only way to make money for the Foundation. It took me ages to get in to Grace School of Arts and if I had studied during freshmen and sophomore year, I could have been on a better position. I better get going. I love you." I said, without finishing my pancakes.

I kissed mom goodbye and hoped on my car to go to school. I arrived pretty quick. I went directly to the staff room and dumped my stuff in the locker. We still had 15 minutes for school to start. I come across Andy only not with Rick. He looks at me and I smile.

"Why, hello." I tell him and he shrugs. He seems quite disturbed. "Hey, I'm not telling you not to go gay but don't do it in the back of the school."

He shakes his head. "Don't tell me what to do." he says and walks off. I guess it can't be helped.

I take the book I have been reading for quite a few days-The Fault In Our Stars by John Green. I go outside to the fresh green field so I can sit under the tree and have my peace before school starts. As I walk, I see three very familiar people standing. I walk closer and their faces become clearer to me. I can't believe this... This isn't happening. Its like all the bad memories are getting slapped upon me one by one. The book slips from my hand.

Its Will, Avery and Chris.
Spoiler! :
XDD Drama!

267 Reviews

Wed May 15, 2013 3:18 am
Nike says...

Jane Wills

I knew this was coming.

The end of us.

I may be a bit over dramatic but it's just... he doesn't want to end this either. It hurts him more than it hurts me, and I can actually see that. This break is good for us since I'm in a really bad state now. It's not like he's any better, with his little sister being pregnant, and Allen on her ass and everything.

"Gosh, Jane." I heard my mother gasp.

Looking up from my book, I caught her staring at me. The emotions in her eyes stung my heart. All that sadness and curiosity were shaping her big brown eyes.

"Is that book that upsetting?"

What?

The confusion on my face might have struck her to say more.

"You're crying honey,"

For these past few months, my mother has gotten much closer to me. She knows more about me than before and I know more about her. It's like we finally trust each other. And she shows more love and care now.

I touch my cheek and feel something wet. Tears. Yes, I cried.

"It's... it's not the book." I hiccuped.

She took a deep breath, sitting down next to me on the futon. Tracing her hand down my back, it felt warm and safe.

"Baby, it's Emmett."

All I could do is nod and sob.

Will Franco

Popping the beer caps off, I handed one of the bottles to Chris. We sat down on my couch, taking in the first awkward air.

"We can't be like this..." he started.

I looked over at him, feeling the guilt down in my stomach. It was like an evil monster was eating at my uterus.

"We've been best friends for years and...it's weird that we're not friends, you know?"

Nodding, I took a long swing from my beer.

"I agree Chris," It felt weird to say his name after all this time. "We cant waste our friendship like this. Dude, let's not be girls about it." I laughed.

He took a swing as well, laughing along.

"Let's just get to that bridge and get over it." Chris said.

"Right," We kept drinking as we sat in silence.

"Why don't we meet up with Ave and go out for lunch?" I asked.

"Great idea, I'm starving."

The Chinese was amazing. We went to this new place, Guak, which had the best Mongolian Pork in the world. After the food, we all walked to the cinema. There was this movie that came out that Avery really wanted to see, so that's what we were going to do. Chris agreed. It was still weird to go just the three of us.

Just as we were headed to the cinema, I caught Lena at the corner of my vision. I stopped in my tracks and stared at her, my throat closing up. Avery and Chris stopped as well, following my gaze. Avery's face got tense but then relaxed into a soft smile.

"Lena!" She called.

I just want to be the side character in a book that basically steals the whole series.
— avianwings47