Young Writers Society

Academy Redux³ [R]

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue May 15, 2012 6:02 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Welcome to the Academy For Heroes-in-Training! Years have passed since our last batch of trainees passed through our halls, and much has changed here at the Academy. As you read about our adventures, you'll come to know several incredible young men and women, with whom the fate of the universe rests!

Who am I, you ask? I am none other than the head proprietor of The Academy, Doctor Headmaster!
Spoiler! :

I know, I know. I'm cool.

Now, if you'll be joining us, this is your Senior or Junior year in The Academy. We've heavily reduced our student body to accomodate more focused training for our brave individuals, and I'd like to welcome you back personally for the new term. We have many adventures ahead of us, so I'd like to know a bit about you.

Character Profile
Select All and copy into a new post to complete your profile.
Code: Select all
[b][u][size=150]Your Name Here[/size][/u][/b]

[b]About You[/b]
[i]Please answer a series of questions so we can all get to know you better. [/i]

[spoiler]
[b]Q:[/b] Do you identify as a male, a female, or something else?
[b]A:[/b] Simply choose your gender.

[b]Q:[/b] How old are you?
[b]A:[/b] 19-22

[b]Q:[/b] Which universe are you from?
[b]A:[/b] Place your comic book/video game/book/TV show/combination thereof here.

[b]Q:[/b] Which superhero is your parent or ancestor? Are there more than one?
[b]A:[/b]

[b]Q:[/b] Tell us about your social skills. How well do you get along with others?

[b]Q:[/b] If you had a choice between love, power, or helping others, which would you choose?

[b]Q:[/b] Are you excited to be graduating this year from the Academy?

[b]Q:[/b] What is your best memory? Your worst?

[b]Q:[/b] Would you consider yourself a team leader, a damage dealer, a supporter, or a tank?
[/spoiler]

[b]Techniques[/b]
[spoiler]
[i]Major Technique 1[/i] Name and describe this technique, including pros and cons.
    [i]Major Technique 2[/i] Name and describe this technique, including pros and cons.
    [i]Minor Technique 1[/i] Name and describe this technique. May be passive.
    [i]Minor Technique 2[/i] Name and describe this technique. May be passive.
    [i]Minor Technique 3[/i] Name and describe this technique. May be passive.
[/spoiler]

[b]Stats[/b]
[spoiler]
You may spend [b]ten[/b]  of these to begin with, spanning over all stats. Over the course of the  storybook, you will be rewarded with further points. Place one block  (▲) per level you wish to show in each stat.

[i][u]Health: [/u][/i]
[i][u]Magic/Energy (whichever applies to your character):[/u][/i]
[i][u]Offense:[/u][/i]
[i][u]Defense:[/u][/i]
[i][u]Speed:[/u][/i]
[/spoiler]

Now, as you work to tell me about yourself, I'd like to let you know what I'm looking for. Try to conform to one of these archtypes:

Characters
Spoiler! :
Group 1
1. Leader -- Will McCoy, played by Lumi
2. Damage -- West, played by Bolt
3. Damage II -- Addy Ellis, played by StellaThomas
4. Support -- Rachel Wayne, played by Isha
5. Support II -- Laila Hardy, played by Shearwater
6. Tank -- , played by LowKey

Group 2
1. Leader -- Bri Stark, played by Lauren2010
2. Damage -- Dougie Meredith, played by Skins
3. Damage II -- Atalanta Tsavorie, played by Jagged
4. Support -- Rachel Roth, played by Rosey Unicorn
5. Support II -- Sorm, played by Kyllorac
6. Tank -- Dimitri Rasputin, played by JabberHut

Of course, we here at the Academy have rules and guidelines, so why don't I tell you those now!

Rules
Spoiler! :
1. Each post must exceed a length of 2 paragraphs, as well as progress the plot reasonably.
2. The Headmaster (Lumi) reserves the right to preserve continuity by either a.) editing minor details within a post, b.) requesting a post re-write via PM, or c.) deleting OOC posts from the storybook thread.
3. Proper rating guidelines apply. Depending on the degree of content, this storybook rating is subject to change; however, no explicit sexual content may be portrayed.
4. All profiles must be submitted to Lumi via private message, and approved, before being posted on this thread. This rule is exempt for those who have been explicitly invited.
5. Try to post once per week, if possible. Longevity is necessary, but speed is not.
6. Once the initial plot post has been placed, no further OOC posts may occur within this thread.

Important Documents
1. Stat Sheet - Used to keep track of stats and levels, RPG style. Composite levels will be increased periodically, and stats will increase by your spending level points. An example has been completed for you.
2. Post & Collaboration Doc - For easy-access posting, reference, and collaboration. Use this to help you write with others.

Subject to change at a later time.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue May 15, 2012 8:26 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Will McCoy

About You
Please answer a series of questions so we can all get to know you better.

Spoiler! :
Q: Do you identify as a male, a female, or something else?
A: Male

Q: How old are you?
A: 21

Q: Which universe are you from?
A: Marvel

Q: Which superhero is your parent or ancestor? Are there more than one?
A: Dr. McCoy / Beast; there’s only him.

Q: Tell us about your social skills. How well do you get along with others?
A: I like to think I’m a pretty nice guy. Sure, I’ve got a temper, but that happens when you share your genetic code with wolves. I make friends pretty easily. They come and go when you’re the athletic type.

Q: If you had a choice between love, power, or helping others, which would you choose?
A: I know I’m supposed to say “helping others,” but it really just sounds like something my grandpa would say. Honestly? I’d take power. Hoping that doesn’t go on my permanent record.

Q: Are you excited to be graduating this year from the Academy?
A: Absolutely. I mean, I get to be a hero. That’s pretty major. I can see my name in the papers now! Only...not my real name. Once I pick a superhero name, I’ll be all over the papers.

Q: What is your best memory? Your worst?
A: My best memory would probably be the day I got put in the papers for saving this family from robbers. It was really great timing, honestly, but you know. Hero business. And, uh, my worst memory would be the week after that, when my grandpa died.

Q: Would you consider yourself a team leader, a damage dealer, a supporter, or a tank?
A: I could handle being a team leader. Other than that, I’m a damage machine.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1: The Wolf Man -- Transforms bodily shape, settling between a man and a wolf, increasing Offense and Speed, but also increasing energy consumption. May also be used to become a full-on wolf with mostly speed attributes.

Major Technique 2: Bear Form -- Transforms bodily shape, settling into that of a bear, increasing Health and Defense, but also decreasing speed and increasing energy consumption.

Minor Technique 1: Eagle Form -- Transforms bodily shape, changing into that of an Eagle, maximizing speed, but diminishing all other abilities.

Minor Technique 2: Healing Factor -- His being in-tune with nature gives him a bit of boosted regeneration, health-wise, as well as energy.

Minor Technique 3: Martial Arts (passive combat) -- Allows fair combat potency while in human form. Also increases agility and flexibility.

Stats
Spoiler! :
You may spend ten of these to begin with, spanning over all stats. Over the course of the storybook, you will be rewarded with further points. Place one block (▲) per level you wish to show in each stat.

Health:
Energy:
Offense: ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
Defense: ▲ ▲
Speed: ▲ ▲
-Shinji Moon

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue May 15, 2012 9:41 pm
View Likes
Rosendorn says...

Rachel L'Roth

About You

Spoiler! :
A: Female

A: 19

A: DCAU [DC Animated Universe] and DCU.

A: Both my parents. Raven and Beast Boy. They were the first of their families, from what I know.

A: Alright... so long as they don’t bug me, I don’t bug them. My mom’s scared I’ll give into... some things, considering where her powers, and, mine, I guess, came from. My dad wants me to go out, though. Joke around a bit more. I try... but I don’t exactly go out of my way to participate. If they drag me in I’m fine, though. For the most part.

Q: If you had a choice between love, power, or helping others, which would you choose?
A: Helping others. The other two aren’t lasting.

A: No. I’m not even sure I would be if I was a senior.

A: My best... my best is any time my parents were together. My mom’s smile. Especially my mom’s smile. My worst is when... is when she died. The look on my dad’s face, and her voice... her voice whispering she’d find us again, as we watched her soul leave her body.

Q: Would you consider yourself a team leader, a damage dealer, a supporter, or a tank?
A: Supporter.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1 Psychokinesis. I can move things, but you can always tell I’m moving it... it gets covered in grey energy whenever I use my powers on it. I can’t move it till the whole thing is covered, but that only takes me a second at most. Depends on how big it is. And how emotionally involved I am. The more involved I am... the more powerful it gets, but the more out of control it gets. I’ve never completely lost control, though... just enough to make them form what I’m scared of. Mom was right, that I needed to watch my emotions...
Major Technique 2 My soul can separate from my body. Most of the time it makes a good barrier against attacks, like any other energy shield. I can go to other dimensions, through walls, into other people’s minds... and shapeshift with it. Mom’s soul, it could only take the form of a raven. Thanks to my dad, my soul can take the shape of other animals. I try to keep to naturally grey ones, though, because my powers won’t take on any other colour. I always know what my soul’s doing, where it is... I can spy with it really easily. Which is why I have to look as natural as possible in the surroundings when I do that. At least I didn’t get too much green in my powers from my dad. Just enough to not make any animal I take not look so... flat. I like the tones of grey and green, but I’m glad it’s not so green it looks sick. I just hope I’m never caught like that... if I can’t get back, then my body’s just left wherever I was and I don’t know how long I can stay away. All I know is, the longer I am gone, the more tired I am when I get back.
Minor Technique 1 I can heal by taking on another’s wound. The more I take on, the less it appears on them. It heals normally, once I have it. And I have a high pain tolerance.
Minor Technique 2 Levitation. My body can’t actually fly.
Minor Technique 3 I can sense and manipulate others’ emotions... sometimes when I don’t mean to. I try not to use it much. Mom said I’d be able to steal their emotions, but I don’t want to try it.

Stats
Spoiler! :
You may spend ten of these to begin with, spanning over all stats. Over the course of the storybook, you will be rewarded with further points. Place one block (▲) per level you wish to show in each stat.

Health: ▲▲▲
Magic: ▲▲▲▲
Offense:
Defense:
Speed:▲▲
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Tue May 15, 2012 9:53 pm
View Likes
Bloo says...

William Wallace Ward-West

About You

Spoiler! :

A: 20

A: General DC canon, specifically the Flash.

A: My Uncle, on my mom's side, is ----- West the current Flash.

A: I think I'm a nice dude, like really. I just want people to like me, but like not in a totally desperate way or anything. I mean I guess I am a bit desperate for attention, but I think deep down I also just plain care. I was raised and trained along with some of the happiest and just sunny people in costume, and I wanna be like them. If you have a problem, just tell me and I'm there, in a flash. haha get it, cause Flash...I guess my biggest weakness is puns, and a bit of patience.

A: Pretty intense question to ask a 20 year old, but I guess this is a program for heroes. I want to say I would choose the well being of others, I really do want to be the kind of person who does that, but I can’t say. I guess that’s why I’m here, to find out what I would do.

A: I'm excited. I can't wait to get out there, really get into it again. It feels so long since me and The Flash tag teamed the Central City scum. I loved it back then, helping people, being with my Uncle.
But I also have my doubts, not to offend the team, but we're all kids. When I was in Central I had the Flash to back me up, he was always in control. Me? Not so much. I just...I'm excited and scared, I think that's fair for this type of situation. I just hope I can be useful, help some people, get my act together, and finish my education, damn I'm behind. I need to be able to get a real job after this, super heroing does not pay the bills, ya know?

A:
My best memory was after my first time out in the field. June 23rd, Captain Cold had just robbed some store, probably for ice or something, and was held up in the park. He was holding some family party hostage, it was their 6 year old daughter's birthday. When me and Flash got there Cold had his freeze gun to the father’s head, the little girl was bawling her eyes out. Flash and I dashes in, I was able to get the grab the gun and Flash knocked Cold out. The family was ecstatic, they were asking what they could do to repay us. It made me feel so special, I was so happy to have done good.

My worst day...I don’t know, probably the same. Because it was during that battle, when me and Flash were running in, that I really got the stakes of being a hero. if I had been a second too slow, Cold could have gotten his freeze ray off, and a girl would have lost her father. A man would have lost his life. It made me realize it wasn’t fun and games. It made me grow up a little too fast.

A: I would consider myself a damager, but also a techie. I might be able to take a hit, but I can dodge about a million of them. Once I'm moving there is no stopping me, and I ain't one trick pony. Quick on my feet, quick in the noggin, quick with the hit and tech.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1 Bullet Punches: A quick-fire wave of punches. They hit hard and can knock a guy out quick. If he’s not careful with placement it can cause some serious damage.
Major Technique 2 Super Speed (Passive): He can move at amazing speeds. He can also trip at amazing speeds.
Minor Technique 1 Martial Arts: A style that is about moving your center to avoid attacks, and adapting to attack back. Allowing him to take advantage of my speed to dodge better and hit harder.
Minor Technique 2 Partial Phasing: He can vibrate my molecules through things,it’s pretty weak right now, he can only get parts of my arm through things.
Minor Technique 3 Stealth: He was trained by S.H.I.E.L.D agents to use his speed to infiltrate. Combining his speed with Stark gadgets to enter high security areas without breaking a sweat.

Stats
Spoiler! :

Health:
Energy:▲▲
Offense:▲▲▲
Defense:
Speed:▲▲▲▲
Last edited by Bloo on Sat May 19, 2012 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

384 Reviews

Reviews: 384
Wed May 16, 2012 1:27 am
View Likes
eldEr says...

Rachel Renea Wayne

About You

Spoiler! :

A: 19

A: Batverse/Gotham

A: Batman

A: … hahahaha. I don’t.

A: Love means physical contact, power means communication and helping others means communication. But, I suppose that you can help others from the shadows and avoid fanfare and the like more easily than the other two, so I’m just going to say helping others. Since it would seem that I must choose one of the options.

A: … sure. We’ll just go with that.

A: My best memory is the completion of my first gadget. The look on Dad’s face was priceless. My worst memory... seeing him killed. And I’m not going back there, so don’t ask me to. Ever.

A: I’ll just go with supporter.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1 Martial arts. Considering I don’t actually have superpowers, this is a skill I’ve refined and trained in. And considering I’ve never had much of a life, I’ve had plenty of time for it. Who needs powers when you can kick, punch, dodge and twist in any fathomable way? Of course, it gets physically exhausting after a while. I may have a high stamina, but it does take its toll. At least I don’t get so sore anymore.
    Major Technique 2 Gadget wielding. Where martial arts can’t get me, a few shiny new toys can. Many of them are of my own creation, although, I do keep the classics around. They’re my pride and joy, really, and save me a lot of physical strain. Just... don’t touch them. Ever. They’re sturdy, but they’re dangerous if handled wrong. And... yeah, just don’t touch them.
    Minor Technique 1 Gadget creation. I like to build things. I don’t hire people in fancy lab-coats, because these are going to be mine, and let’s face it. In this occupation, nobody can be trusted. Not a soul. Unfortunately, I’m having a dry spell where ideas are concerned. And time. Time’s an issue.
    Minor Technique 2 Tinkering. People can’t mess with my things, but I sure do enjoy messing with theirs’. If you’ve got powers, you don’t need weapons, anyway. A few twists of a screwdriver, and an object could be either destroyed completely or upgraded. On a whim. Unfortunately, my love for tinkering with other peoples’ private property has developed into a bit of a... kleptomania problem.
    Minor Technique 3 Deduction. I've always had the uncanny ability to tune every unimportant piece of information out, using the What I Know and What I Don't Know to figure something out. My mind just goes into thought-mode sometimes, I guess, and it's the key pieces of a "complicated" situation that make it all the easier to figure out.

Stats
Spoiler! :
Health:
Energy:
Offense:▲▲▲
Defense:▲▲
Speed:▲▲▲
Guuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurl.

got trans?

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Wed May 16, 2012 5:19 pm
View Likes
Sins says...

Douglas (Dougie) Meredith

About You

Spoiler! :
A: Male. Either that or my knowledge on genitalia is really quite awful.

A: 20 (and a quarter)

A: DC Universe, specifically Gotham.

A: Robin, as in Batman and Robin, is my dad. Did you know he’s a baker now? He makes some killer sweet yeasted bread.

A: So long as it has a pulse (though sometimes, that’s not even needed), I will talk to anyone about anything for as long as I can. Sometimes I can be annoying, apparently, but I don’t see it myself.

A: Definitely not power. If I was the ruler of anything, the world would probably implode on itself. Love… I don’t know. It sounds a bit too deep for me. The problem with helping others is that I get scared a little too easily to put myself forward like that… but I’m working on it. I think. Is watching others helping others and option? Because I’d totally go for that.

A: I’m always excited. I mean, hell, I get excited when I see an ant on the ground.

A: Hm. When you get excited over ants, it’s kinda hard to pick a best memory that’s actually somewhat impressive. I guess my best memory would have to be the days I spent with my folks at this exclusive summer camp for heroes we went to every year. The activity manager there was fine, even if I was six when I met him and any kind of relationship with him would’ve been seen as some form of paedophilia. But still. Mighty fine, he was.

As for my worst memory, I guess it was when my mum… left. I dunno, it’s a long story.

A: A tank because I’m obviously the butchest 20-year-old to ever surface on this earth. Let’s go with supporter.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1
Invisibility. The pros are pretty obvious: I’m invisible, I can spy on enemies, hide from them e.t.c. but the cons are a pain in the butt. I can only remain invisible for an hour at a time and if I ever do stretch it out longer than that, it drains my energy and makes me ill and ultimately pass out.
Major Technique 2
Dancing. Before you laugh, this has proved to be very helpful in terms of defence and because I have so much energy, I can do it for a long time. My dance skills have made me very, very quick on my feet and I can dodge attacks like you won’t believe. I can also move others out of the way if they’re about to be attacked. Admittedly, this skill is limited because I can hardly defeat an enemy by simply dodging their attacks, but hey, it’s something.
Minor Technique 1
Superhuman lungs. Basically, I can hold my breath for a long time. Good for swimming underwater and can be good for playing dead, but because my heart still beats while my breath is held, an enemy would have to be pretty stupid to assume I was dead.
Minor Technique 2
Selective intelligence. I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed, but sometimes I have spurs of extensive knowledge and intelligence where I know the answers to everything for a few minutes, ten at the most. I can’t tell when this is going to happen: it just does, which isn’t always convenient, especially when I’m having a conversation about something important and then blurt out a load of facts about vegetables.
Minor Technique 3
Night vision. I can see as clear as day during the night, which makes me a pretty good spy when necessary. If I leave my eyes open for too long though, they begin aching so I tend to have to blink a lot at night.

Stats
Spoiler! :

Health:
Energy: ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
Offense:
Defense: ▲ ▲ ▲
Speed:
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Wed May 16, 2012 7:31 pm
View Likes
JabberHut says...

Dimitri Rasputin

About You

Spoiler! :

A: Marvel (X-Men)

A: Parents: Colossus (Piotr Rasputin), Shadowcat (Kitty Pryde)

A: I get along fine with others. I’m usually willing to talk or help others out. I can even provide healthy conversation and help with strategizing. However, I prefer to be left alone and in peace to work on my projects. I’m a team player, however, and I keep a cool head in almost any situation. Until I’m forced to transform.

A: Helping others. Love and power are benefits in life, but helping others actually takes the most effort to perform and is, therefore, the strongest quality of the three.

A: Yes, I won’t be confined on school grounds anymore, and I hope to better control the mindset and physical advantages of Steel. However, I must admit that I do appreciate the extra work time I get, and I have met interesting people.

A: Best: Building my first robotic feline with my mother. It was my first success, and the building block to my scientific career. It also gave my human life purpose, as opposed to... the other destructive one. Worst: Discovering the other guy. Transformation is not a comfortable process, and I seem to have less control of my strength and a stronger desire to win than my father does when in battle.

A: As much as I’d like to say supporter, the other guy is quite a “tank.” I’m more than happy to take the damage. After all, it’s what I do best.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1 The Steel Form -- Not my proudest feature, but I transform into a bigger man made entirely of steel through a painful process. My strength and defense increase dramatically, intelligence and agility decreasing substantially. Nourishment and sustenance is not required for survival as Steel. I can withstand the typical bullets, decently large heights, and a fair amount of electricity. My desire to win is greater, resulting in the occasional unstoppable battle rage. Though extreme temperatures don’t affect me, it is very clear that extreme hot temperatures dramatically switched to extreme cold temperatures is incredibly damaging. I trust you won’t use this bit of information against me. My previous training did not focus on this form, so it will be my main focus here.

Major Technique 2 The Shadow -- Only as a human do I use the ability to pass through objects. It requires a greater amount of energy to use as Steel, but it could very well save my life if I needed to use it. I don’t typically use this ability, however, as I don’t usually see a use for it except for selfish, mundane reasons. On the contrary, it is an incredible ability in and of itself.

Minor Technique 1 Scientific Intelligence -- I pride myself in my computer intelligence, though science in general sums up the way I think. I’m analytical, hypothesize based on the evidence given, and consider all my options.

Minor Technique 2 Martial Combat -- My mother trained me in her ways of melee combat as I am certainly more agile as a human. However, as I’ve grown accustomed to using Steel in my melee attacks, my martial combat is rather limited and can only do so much.

Minor Technique 3 Temperature Resistance (passive) -- Extreme temperatures of either hot or cold do not affect me as either myself or the Steel (except for Steel’s weakness as aforementioned).

Stats
Spoiler! :

(Human: )
Energy:
Offense: ▲▲
Defense:
Speed:▲▲▲
I make my own policies.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Thu May 17, 2012 1:47 am
View Likes
LowKey says...

Placeholder for tank!

Heavy II

About You

Spoiler! :

A: Team Fortress 2

A: Heavy (dad) married Heavyah (mom) and now here is Heavy II

A: YOO CRY LYKE LEETLE BABBY! WHAT SICK MAN SENDS LEETLE BABBIES TO FIGHT ME?

A:I AM SIMPLE MAN. I love sandvich, medic, and gun. That is enough.

A:YES! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! I AM HERO! IT IS GOOD DAY TO BE GIANT MAN!

A:BEST IS THIS: Tucking in Penelope for first time when I am 8 years old. WORST IS THIS: LEAVING PENELOPE BEHIND BECAUSE STOOPID SCHOOL OF BABBIES DON’T LYKE GUNS.

A: AHAHAHA I AM TANK.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Boxing: Punching people.
Dealing damage with projectiles: Specialty is gun, but can use slingshots or gun like things that fire projectiles.
Craftsman: Turning things into projectiles (specialty was turning coins into bullets.)
Sandvich: Makes a delicious, filling meal that heals himself and any team member standing nearby.
Insults: Insulting enemies. Currently mostly limited to “BABBIES!” but hoping to expand skills this year.

Stats
Spoiler! :

Health: 3
Magic/Energy (whichever applies to your character):2
Offense:3
Defense:1
Speed:1
Last edited by LowKey on Sun May 20, 2012 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necropolis SB / Necropolis DT

Once was Dreamer, is now LowKey_Lyesmith.

Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu May 17, 2012 2:53 am
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Brianna "Bri" Stark

About You

Spoiler! :

A: Marvel

A: Parent: Ironman (Tony Stark)

A: I'm quite the charmer, my father tells me. Strangers tend to like me well, but some people not so much once they get to know me. I guess I intimidate them or something.

A: I'm sure I could engineer a way to have all three.

A: I hear Dad has a rockin' grad present for me, so of course I am.

A: Building my first supersuit, of course. And then, the look on everyone's face when it exploded midair and I landed in a tree in front of the Academy. Broke both my legs, but it was worth it.

A: I don't settle for less than team leader.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1
Super Intelligence - Yeah, I mean what it says. My father was a boy genius, entering MIT when he was just fifteen. Fifteen. Of course I went the Academy route, but I got rockin' genetics. Anyways, the pro is I'm basically a math, science, and engineering wiz. The con is, as many of Pop's secretaries have pointed out, I let it "get to my head".
Major Technique 2
Super Suit - I've built this killer suit, since you know I wasn't "blessed" with a parent with actual super "powers". It's semi-self-aware, which has obvious pros and cons but what the hell. It's also semi-complete, which holds potential safety risks.
Minor Technique 1
Fighting Skillz - I'm pretty talented when it comes to the martial arts and hand to hand combat. But really, I prefer the lasers and power blasts (semi-functional) of my supersuit. In all honesty, a superior fighter could take me down pretty easily.
Minor Technique 2
Unorthodox Ingenuity - I know how to use my resources, what can I say. It doesn't always end...as expected, but hey I haven't been killed yet.
Minor Technique 3
Charm - hey, say what you want but you can get almost anything you want by turning on the charm.

Stats
Spoiler! :

Energy:
Defense: ▲▲
Speed: ▲▲
Last edited by Lauren2010 on Thu May 17, 2012 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Got YWS?

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu May 17, 2012 11:57 am
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Adelaide 'Addy' Ellis

About You

Spoiler! :

A: 21

A: Heroes

A: Monica Dawson is my mother.

A: Really really well. People are great. Except when they're not. If someone's on the wrong side, I will destroy them. Simple, really.

A: Love, I guess. Love makes the world go round, love is the greatest power of all, the best help you can give someone is loving them, because love is what makes you want to help them. I will always protect the people I love- and that's just about everyone apart from serial killers and people bent on world domination.

A: Yes, very! I'm excited to get out there and start doing what I was born to do.

A: My best memory is... that's a super-hard question. I guess getting accepted into the Academy. Mum and I really weren't sure if I was going to make it, and all I've ever wanted is to be a hero. So when I got accepted you have no idea how happy I was.

My worst memory is much easier. Dad dying. There's something too awful about watching your father's body and knowing it's nothing but an empty shell, and knowing that despite all these powers you and your mother have, there's nothing you can do to help him, and then they turn the machines off. One of the people I love most in the world, gone. Like that. I never want that to happen to me. I want to go down fighting.

A: I can inflict damage in 237 different ways to date. So I'll say damage-dealer.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1 Muscle Memory- I see something, I do it, I remember it. That simple really. I can do anything that I see, whether I see it on TV or in person or if someone does it to me. But only if it's physically possible for me to do so. And unfortunately I don't have any special flexibility or strength. There's just me, copying others the best that I can.
Major Technique 2 Taught skills- I've used this to earn myself black belts in seven different martial arts and teach myself to use several types of fire arm. But my favourites are blades. I generally carry two swords that I use as a pair, six throwing knives and one dagger I keep in case I'm ever in need of a last resort. And I'm good with those swords, believe me. But I get tired just like anyone else. I'm building my stamina as much as I can, but mostly I can only manage short bursts before I have to switch to long range.
Minor Technique 1 Mimicry- I can copy just about any noise that another human can. Mostly I've only really used this for prank calls with my girl friends and singing, but I'm sure it'll come in useful some day.
Minor Technique 2 Hiding- okay, so I'm not the best at camouflage. But I am very good at staying still and staying silent.
Minor Technique 3 First Aid- what? For those of us who don't have special healing powers, knowing how to deal with wounds is kind of important.

Stats
Spoiler! :

Health:
Magic/Energy (whichever applies to your character):
Offense:▲▲▲▲
Defense:▲▲▲
Speed:▲▲
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

153 Reviews

Reviews: 153
Thu May 17, 2012 2:24 pm
View Likes
Jagged says...

Atalanta Tsavorie

About You

Spoiler! :
A: JUST1C3. But you can use female pronouns >:]

A: 9 solar sweeps, or 19 of your human years.

A: Homestuck, universe B2.

A: Terezi Pyrope, Seer of Mind and legislacerator extraordinaire.

A: Why, I am the most sociable troll around! Also the only one. Semantics shenanigans aside, I think I get along pretty well with everyone, other than I guess the occasional comment about how maybe I should stop cackling at other people's misery! Which is nonsense, I cackle all the time anyway.

A: Power, obviously. You can't help anyone if you're powerless, and love is for silly people.

A: Sure! It's about time we took the training wheels off.

A: I guess the best would be the first time dragonmom took me flying! Some bluebloods tried to bother us when we stopped by the mountains and we meted out justice on them. Their dismay tasted delicious!
Wort memory, I don't know, geez. Maybe that time when I was six and one of my friends tried to blow up my hive in an attempt to make his hatecrush jealous? That was all-around mortifying and terrible.

A: I'm quite good at hurting people, so sign me up for damage-dealer!

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1 Swordkind: Give me a bladed weapon, and I'll show you how it's done. Alternia may not be as deadly as it used to be, but it's still full of murderbeasts and snooty highbloods with hair-trigger temper, and I didn't get to be alive by being a fragile delicate flower! (Granted I'm not very durable. Strike fragile I guess?)
Major Technique 2 Heir of Mind: I guess the closest way to describe this would be a minor form of prescience? Within reason I can foresee how choices will turn out, but it's on an individual level. It's more... probabilities than the actual future though, but it's still pretty handy to know what move's most likely to not lop my pretty head off during a fight. Or to avoid traps.
Minor Technique 1 Enhanced senses: I've learned how to navigate using just smell and taste, so being blinded isn't too much of a problem! I'm far from being quite as good as my ancestor at it, but it's still pretty handy.
Minor Technique 2 Mental resistance: I've developed a certain degree of resistance to mind control and other such nonsense. Call it self-preservation after hanging around people who enjoy making people walk off cliffs.
Minor Technique 3 DR4GONS: my mom is a dragon and can eat you if I ask nicely, your argument is invalid.

Stats
Spoiler! :

Health:
Magic: ▲▲
Offense: ▲▲▲▲
Defense:
Speed: ▲▲▲
Lumi: they stand no chance against the JAG SAFETY BLANKET

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Thu May 17, 2012 6:57 pm
View Likes
Shearwater says...

Laila Hardy

About You

Spoiler! :

A: Marvel Universe

A: Felicia Hardy, The Black Cat, is my mother (No, not Cat Woman). I don't know who my father is.

A: It’s not that I don’t like talking to people, it’s just that if you cross my path, there’s a small chance that you might just get a sweep of the ‘bad luck’ measles and fall down a flight of stairs. Don’t say I didn’t warn you. That said; I do try to keep a distance from the people I care about. Usually I find that lack of eye contact helps. And if I don’t like you, I’ll probably just let this black kitten run circles around your feet intentionally.

A: You can’t help without power.

A: I believe so.

A: My best memory…is probably when I helped mommy cat kick bad guy butt over the summer. She complimented me on how much more control I’ve gotten over my powers. My worst memory is actually when I unintentionally gave off the ‘bad luck’ germs to this high school kid after he crossed my path. He went to cross the street and ended up getting hit by a bus. It’s not as bad as you might think, he didn’t die or anything, he only got a little hurt since the bus was coming to a stop anyway. A few bruises, scratches and a major headache seem about right. Sometimes, I hate myself for not having more control though.

A: Because I can’t shoot fire from my eyes or have titanium made skin, and because cats don’t normally play follow the leader, I’d say supporter seems about right for me.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1
Field Manipulation: I can cause ‘bad luck’ to people who cross my path, which in turn can be used to alter the enemy’s probability field to our team’s favor.

Con: Because I lack control over this ability, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn’t. I guess it’s a wild card and if I’m not careful, I can accidentally cause damage to our team’s plan.

Major Technique 2
Martial Arts: I’ve been trained by my mother in many different martial arts such as Judo, Karate and I learned Wing Chun myself.

Minor Technique 1
Relatively powerful strength: Not as strong as superman or batman but I have enough power packed in a punch to surprise the other party. Don’t let this slim physique fool you.

Minor Technique 2
Athletic Acrobat: I have a strong stamina, agility and quick reflexes to help me land on my feet. I’m also quite acrobatic and that helps me jump and slip though places.

Minor Technique 3
Night infrared vision: Night creature must-have.

Stats
Spoiler! :

Health:
Energy: ▲▲
Defense: ▲▲▲
Speed: ▲▲
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

1220 Reviews

Reviews: 1220
Thu May 17, 2012 8:05 pm
View Likes
Kale says...

Sorm

About You

Spoiler! :
A: Iz Jägerkin. Iz gut vit die vimmenz.

A: Iz hyung Jägerkinz. Hy tink too und tventy.

A: Girl Genius. Huy schud all be reedink eet.

A: Ve Jägerkinz iz all machen by Heterodynes.

A: Hy iz gut vit die vimmenz. Hy iz very schmot und shneaky lyk. Alzo gut cook.

A: Luv iz noize but pover iz betta. Make killink fast.

A: Ja. Hy iz goink to be BIG helpink to Heterodyne. Hy be able to tink lyk Heero und zo killink dem vaster.

A: Bezt iz becommink Jägerkin. Alzo vurst.

A: Hy iz schmot guy, zo Hy iz beink die teem leeder. But dere iz teem leeder now, zo Hy iz beink die Damage oder Support guy until Hy iz takink die schpot.

Techniques
Spoiler! :
Major Technique 1: Jägerkin
Sorm is a big, strong, and fast killing machine, and he knows it. However, due to his unique physiology, only a Spark would have the know-how to save him from life-threatening injury, and he will only permit a Heterodyne (or other Jägerkin) to work on him. While he can take a beating far better than most (in addition to dishing it out), the lack of Heterodynes or other Jägerkin around means the smart thing to do would be to avoid as much conflict as possible. And Sorm's a "schmot guy".

Major Technique 2: Treue
The thing about Jägerkin is that they're loyal. Not blindly loyal, but loyal-to-the-point-of-doing-what's-best-for-you-even-if-you-hate-them-for-it loyal. Think Jeremiah-from-Code-Geass loyal, and you'll get an idea of what Sorm is capable of in the name of loyalty. Sorm's loyalty lies with the Heterodynes, as any good Jäger's should, so this means he hasn't had much room for loyalty towards anyone else....

Minor Technique 1: Jägercharme
Passive. Between the pointy teeth, ragged claws, manic gleam in the eye, and that hat, you either love or dread him at first (and every) sight.

Minor Technique 2: Schnapsideen
He's blatantly witty and his logic's transparent, but sometimes, he'll just floor you with the machinations of his mind.

Minor Technique 3: Hunger
Being a living, breathing killing machine means you run up quite a bill when it comes to calories. Good thing Jägerkin can eat just about everything. Including the furniture. Incriminating evidence will do, in a pinch. Though the witnesses next door would be more appetizing.

Stats
Spoiler! :
Health: ▲ ▲ ▲
Energy:
Offense: ▲ ▲ ▲ ▲
Defense:
Speed: ▲ ▲ ▲

Extra
Spoiler! :
For when I'm not around to consult, a tool to help you write Jäger:

http://santiago.mapache.org/toys/jager/jagerize.cgi
Secretly a Kyllorac, sometimes a Murtle.
There are no chickens in Hyrule.
Princessence: A LMS Project
WRFF | KotGR

745 Reviews

Supporter

Fri May 18, 2012 5:58 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

It was a quiet, warm day on the Academy’s Planet. The distant dwarf star that bathed the sphere in light hung in the amber distance; moons high above and planets far away could be seen rotating off the horizon. Everything was peaceful, tranquil. Everything was calm. Doctor Headmaster stood on the balcony outside his office, ankles crossed as he leaned against the marble archway, dusting the top of his red fez with a soft towel. He’d been waiting for this exact moment for weeks: when the distant Planet Sho aligned itself with the tiny star, giving energy to the transdimensional gateway that would bring in his incredible students. And he had only a few seconds remaining until the hour stru--

“Doctor Headmaster, Professor Song is on the line for you; she wanted to know if you were still available for dinner toni--”

“--of course I am!” The headmaster turned around on his heels, holding out his hands as if to welcome a stranger. He looked at his hands and then back to his secretary, making a bit of a face. “Do you think that’s too much glamor? I don’t want to frighten away the newcomers, and Lord knows I’ve given enough of an impression to those older students of mine. I was thinking, though, that I might add a bit of glitter. Douglas--you know Douglas, don’t you?--he adores glitter, and I think I may have some lying around in the old art cupboard.”

His secretary hesitated, fumbling with her glasses. “Er, I’m sure they’d give the same reaction either way, sir. After all, nothing really can top your life-sized Optimus Prime costume from three years ago.” She straightened her skirt and adjusted an antenna on her forehead. “So, did you say that was a yes for Miss River?”

“Yes, yes.” Doctor Headmaster turned around and smiled at the morning sun, stretching. “Also, Miss Havana, would you bring me some Tylenol? I’ve been standing here for six hours, and my knees are beginning to fidget.”

But the moment Havana turned to leave, there was a loud thunk in the distance, and the plasma rings around the gateway began to oscillate, generating the equivalent of seventy-nine suns in energy. Doctor Headmaster clapped his hands together and rushed to his balcony, watching the sight with awe. Blue lights flooded the courtyard of the school, and suddenly there was a small mass of young men and women--and some inbetween--standing, sitting, and hovering on the grass. The chatter was immense! But Doctor Headmaster clapped his hands together and laughed, and everyone grew silent across the mass.

“Welcome to The Academy!”

Issue One: The Greendale Invasion
Chapter 1: Wing It

Will McCoy | West’s Room

“Y’know, dude. I really think this is it. This is the year that everything changes.” Will threw a baseball into the air and let it fall into his gut, pushing out a plume of breath. West sped over him, lying in the floor, and stowed a pair of jeans in the closet.

“Change isn’t really that great when things are pretty freakin’ sweet already.” He put down a large object on his dresser and pulled the covering off of it, revealing a toucan in a cage.

“You brought Sam back!” Will hopped up, poking a finger into the bird’s cage. He flew away to his other stoop and settled his wings, giving Will a look. “He still hates me. Why does he hate me?”

West ran in and out of the room, the sound of a flushing toilet roaring down the hall. “Probably when you dated Rebecca Garris. Birds hate Rebecca Garris.”

“Remember the time the power cut out, and she ended up making out with you by accident?”

“Good times,” West murmured, and Toucan Sam squawked. Will tossed the baseball back into the air and let it spiral down into his palm. West tossed the last of his shoes into his closet and sat on his bed, letting out a long huff of air, along with a burp. “So why do you want things to change?”

Will laid still, thinking for a long moment before clicking his tongue against his teeth. “My granddad always told me that I needed to do only two things to make him proud. Two things. And, I mean, I’m sure he really didn’t mean it because, hell, parents are supposed to be proud because you try, so how much more can that be true for grandparents? But. He always said he wanted me to be the best person. Not the best person I could be, but the best person. And he wanted me to bring home the best girl. Not the best girl I could find, or that I could find that actually cares more about me than a toucan, but the best girl. Period. No loopholes or anything.”

He sighed and sat up, rolling onto his knees and then to his feet, arms crossed. “I dunno if I can do it, man.”

West shrugged, grabbing his bag and hopping to the floor beside Will. “You probably can’t. But hey, there are many worse places to look.”

Will flipped off the lights as they left the room. “Yeah. Like a tiki bar.”

“Or a construction site.”

“Um. Something about Canadian Milk Factory.”

West paused for a moment, thinking. “I knew a girl once who was often called a Canadian Milk Factory. Didn’t really get it until now.”

“Is it funny now?”

“I’m waiting on it.”

The two left the dorm hall and followed the stairs out to the courtyard. West, watching the sky for random planetary birds, suddenly asked, “Why did Stark want to see you, anyway?”

Will was programming his watch to keep track of the weird time system in the Acadesphere. “Not sure. He said something about high expectations and...” he trailed off, and West walked into his shoulder with an umph.

If that had been a cheesy romantic movie, this would be the moment when sax music played as the most beautiful girl Will had ever seen walked onto the lawn. She had a walk that would make Tyra Banks quit her job, eyes that could change tides, and a scowl that could kill a suitor-to-be if he got too close.

“Rachel Wayne,” West said, bored, “it’s this same deal with you ever year on the first day.” He threw out his hands to the left. “‘Oh, she’s the most beautiful,’” to the right, “‘Oh, she’s the most interesting,’” and to the center, ‘Oh, she’s the most deadly creature I’ve ever seen!’” West shook his head, grabbing his buddy by the shoulder. “Honestly, dude. You want change? Stop being such a girl for that girl.”

Will slowly nodded, watching her walk into the girls’ hall. Tiny, individual rain clouds poured out of vents on the sides of buildings and shuffled through the air to the dozens of flower bushes surrounding the lawn. A routine clap of thunder struck before the tiny clouds shook and released their rainwater into the plants. “I guess you’re right. I mean, there are plenty of worms in the ground.”

“Do you often use worms to describe girls?”

“Not often enough, I feel.”

“Don’t.”

They were soon in the Task Force center, home to Tony Stark and the universe’s most snooty supercomputer, Chives. They entered the heavily-air-conditioned room where Stark was standing, facing the massive computer screen with his arms folded behind him. As Will put his bag down, the lights cut off on the sides of the room, and Stark turned around on his heels, head tilted to the side. “McCoy.” He nodded. “West.” Again. “Will, if you’d be so kind as to swiftly answer several questions Chives has for you?”

“Uh,” Will looked at the massive screen and shrugged, “sure.”

“Very well,” said the screen, “we’ll make this prompt since you kept us waiting for so long.”

Will raised an eyebrow. “I’m here five minutes earl--”

“--a good leader should not make excuses, McCoy.”

Will slowly nodded, not sure if the computer could see him.

“The clock strikes midnight after the royal party, and you find a glass slipper in the entryway. What do you do?”

“Track the owner down and return it.”

“You’re at a party and discover that there are two charities requesting assistance. One for childhood obesity, the other for athletic programs in public schools. Which do you contribute to?”

“They’re both the same group wanting more money. I fund neither and buy a kid a bicycle on the way home.”

“You have time in the morning to make one piece of toast. Wheat or Rye bread?”

Will hesitated. “Uh, wheat.”

“Wrong,” said Stark, clicking his tongue against his teeth. “Rye is the bread of champions.”

Will looked at Stark oddly. “What is this even about?”

“You’re our second choice to lead task force groups for this term. We just needed the final bits of your application.”

“Uh huh. Second choice.” Will looked at West, who gave him a shrug. “Then who’s your first?”

The sound of a boot tapping the floor rang through the room, and the highback chair at the end of the table swiveled around, Dramatic Dr. Claw style. “I am.”

It was Brianna Stark, tall, dark, and han--deadly. Will poked his chest out a bit and watched her rise from her seat, giving her daddy that perfect smile. It both made Will sick and turned him on. Just a little.

“McCoy, you and my daughter will be leading our two task forces this term, and I want you to get together and claim your victims out of our eligible pool. You are to consider team dynamics above all else. Keep in mind, you may have to assemble a real team one day,” he winked at Brianna, “so be serious about this. Since Brianna has experience leading a group already, McCoy, your team will be shipped out later this afternoon on Mission #1.” He reached down into a box on the table labeled YARD SALE and took out a plastic squeaky mallet, banging it down on the table. “DISMISSED!”
-Shinji Moon

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Fri May 18, 2012 8:35 am
View Likes
Bloo says...

William West| Task Force Center

After the teams were picked Will met West in the Center.

West rushed to the door, an inch away from Will. “So, who are we working with?”

“You’re on Bri’s team.” West was speechless. “With Dougie, and Dove.”

“I am going to be in hell, what did I do to deserve this?” West sunk into a chair, his head in his hands.

Will’s expression sank. “Remember the time you made me grow blue fur?”

“That was hilarious.” West popped his head out. “I mean, I am so sorry. That was too mean, I crossed a line with---you lying sonuvabitch. At least try and hide your tell. Is it that hard to not scratch your chin?”

“You would be surprised.”

“Whatever Wolfenstein, who is on our team?”

Will scratched at his head. “Um, Wayne, Addy, Laila and some Junior kid.”

“You finally took a man’s move,” West patted him on the shoulder. “Now you just grow a pair and ask her on a real date.”

“So saving the world’s not a real date anymore?”

“Not unless it’s at a nice Italian place.” West kissed the air with his fingers.
“Maybe our first mission is in Ro--.”

On the word mission a pack fell from the ceiling, crashing into Will’s head. “What the hell.”

West grabbed a page. “The Ohio Invasion...our first mission is Aliens?”

Will took the page from him and stared at the headliner. “It’s a newspaper article. They gave us an actual newspaper article. You would think they would choose somewhere flashier, like New York.”

“A little cliched, don’t you think?” West picked up another paper. “Are you supposed to read all of this?”

“I guess so, I thought Stark was supposed to debrief us.”

“Want me to give you the cliffsnotes version of it?” West started gathering the notes.

“Coming from the guy who paid nerds to write book reports all through the Academy.”

“Not my fault, Catcher in the Rye is boring.” West shoved the papers at Will.

“Rye bread is for champions, my friend.” Will filmed through a stack of papers. “Champions.”

“Now I’m hungry.” West checked his watch. “I’ll leave you to your reading, I think I saw the cafeteria on my way in.”

“Don’t eat so fast. You’ll have a heart attack.” Will sat back and propped the newspaper on his knee like an old man.

“I’ll try my best, Mom,” West grabbed his bag and dashed out.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

I always knew that deep down in every human heart, there is mercy and generosity. No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite.
— Nelson Mandela, Long Walk to Freedom