z

Young Writers Society

The 13th Hunger Games---Starting

Reviews: 3
Thu May 10, 2012 8:36 pm
hungergameslover says...

I can stay alive if you want. I do not really care.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu May 10, 2012 9:03 pm
Jaden G. says...

Spoiler! :
But a failed plan would make it more interesting... sorry, I'm an advocate for bad things in the Hunger Games. ;)
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu May 10, 2012 11:09 pm
ShootingStars says...

Spoiler! :
Okay. Failed attempt it is! And I will be posting the new death/living list on the DT.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

19 Reviews

Thu May 10, 2012 11:54 pm
Jaden G. says...

Spoiler! :
Thank you much!

-Ilija- District 10 mentor-

"Kurr? What are you thinking?" Veronica asked.

"District 13," he whispered, a far-off look in his eyes. "And get the Gamemaker to help us, by force..." Kurr blinked slowly.

A smile grew across my wrinkled face. "Force sounds good."

"Well gentlemen," Veronica went back to her capitol accent. "If you'll excuse me."

"What do we do if you get caught?" Kurr called in a harsh whisper. She turned around to face us.

"I'll whistle."She started walking away from us and down the direction of the Gamemakers.

"Let's see if we can throw the Peacekeepers off her scent," I said. Kurr nodded.

Spoiler! :
I really don't know what we're going to do to draw the capitol's attention away from Veronica. Any ideas?

~Doctor Who

19 Reviews

Mon May 14, 2012 2:19 am
Jaden G. says...

-Des- District 10-

"Reed, wake up," I whispered. We had camped out in another tree, much to my dislike, and it was already sun up... at least in the arena.

"Five more minutes," she muttered and turned over. Rolling my eyes, I poked her again.

"C'mon Reed, we've got to get going."

"What's for breakfast?" she mumbled sleepily. I pulled out a piece of stale bread and a canteen.

"It's... pancakes smothered in butter and syrup with fresh milk. Now eat."

She took the bread and looked at it dissapointed. "I've never had pancakes before," she muttered.

"What did you have for that breakfast the Capitol treated us too?" I asked.

"I-I can't remember. It seems so long ago." She gingerly brushed the makeshift bandage we had applied last night. So far the bleeding had stopped, now she just needed to recover some strength.

Reed started untying the rope we had tied around ourselves when she froze. I gave her a queer look and tried to peek over her shoulder what she was staring at.

"What's wrong?"

"It's... Ryder... I think."

Ryder? I climbed over to another branch and looked down. At the forest floor, caked in mud and leaves was a familiar face with the familiar District 12 jacket.

"RYDER!" I shrieked and started shimmying down the trunk. Reed followed and we were soon on our knees checking him over. I felt his neck like I had been taught and sighed in relief. He was still breathing, but only just.

Spoiler! :
Health: 59/100 Hunger 61/100 Thirst 60/100

~Doctor Who

37 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2012 11:36 am
ShootingStars says...

Spoiler! :
Do y'all mind not posting until I do after school? I can't at the moment because I have to go. Sorry!
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

37 Reviews

Tue May 15, 2012 9:12 pm
ShootingStars says...

Reed Willimon, District 11 female tribute: DAY 3, morning
Spoiler! :
Health: 70/100, Hunger: 89/100, Thirst: 69/100

As Des leaned over the fragile body of Ryder, thoughts swirled around in Reed's head like a rushing river sweeping over her. Fiske was gone, but Ryder was here.

Des examined Ryder, checking his pulse and breathing while Reed got on her knees and tended to his cuts. She prayed he could hang on. Des tapped his shoulder, trying to wake the tribute.

"Please get up," she whispered desperately. "Please."

Reed scooted closer to Des, wiping her hands on the dampened earth. The sun filtered through the canopy of leaves in the forest, dotting the ground with spots of sunshine. Streaks of its warm rays layed across Ryder's face, making him seem happy and peaceful blanketed in light. Then suddenly Reed remembered a story she would tell her siblings before bed sometimes. A fairytale, she recalled it being named.

"Maybe you should give him a kiss, to wake him up," Reed said softly. Just like in the fairytales.
---------
Kurr, District 11 mentor:

Kurr glanced at Ilija then said, "I need to check on Reed and Edur, then we can have some fun."

The other mentor shot a questioning look at him, but tried to seem uninterested. "What do you mean?" They began walking back.

Kurr cleared his throat, then ran his hand over his head. "Most of the Capitol men and women shoot off fireworks during the viewings of the Games. If we got our hands on some of those things..." he trailed off, letting Ilija think about it. "There's a lot of possibilities, Ilija, for distractions. It would literally be a big bang."

Tue May 15, 2012 11:33 pm
hungergameslover says...

I being to walk down the hallway to see which parts on the capitol people do not want us to go. The overly protected parts are always where the good stuff is. Before me are two split hallways. One hallway has two guards and the other has only one. “Lets see how good I am at this.” I think to myself. I slip one shoe of to have my careless drunk walk and get into character.

I walk down the hallway, falling from one side to the other. Twisting and twirling until I get to the guards. “ I lost my room.” I say in my accent. “It use to be here. What did you do with it?” I yell.

“You are not suppose to be around these parts.” One guard says.

“But my room is down here. Why did you steal it from me?” I begin to produce a horrible whining sound.

“Ma'am we can do this the easy way, or the hard way. Which ever you prefer.” He says gripping my arm.

“Let me think about it.” I say. I lift my right foot up and stab my heel into his foot. I can hear it pierce into his toe. I take my other shoe and stab it into his back, bringing him to the ground. He is gone. I look at the other guard. He looks mad. I smile at him and wave. He come at me and pins me to the wall. He knees me in the stomach. “Oh that was you second mistake.” I say and I head but him so hard he passes out. “Your first was sending them in.”

I stand back and look at them dead on the floor. Memories fly past me. When I was in the hunger games, this is what I did. I killed people. I run back to the room to see Ryder. But before I go to change. I put on my normal clothes and wash off my make-up. Tears burst out of my eyes. I run back into the room to see the two men looking at the screen. Kurr sees me enter the room and walks over. “What happened?” He asks.

“ I just killed two people.” I say

19 Reviews

Wed May 16, 2012 2:33 am
Jaden G. says...

Ilija-

I smirked. "Yes... yes it would," I agreed. But where to get the supplies--

"They keep the fireworks locked up just outside of the arena, but before they transit there, I do believe they're kept by the training gym."

Kurr smiled at that information. "And we know just how to get there."

Just then Veronica burst through the door sobbing. This wasn't according to plan.

"What happened?" asked Kurr.

She sniffed. "I just killed two people."

I pinched the bridge of my nose between my forefinger and thumb. "You killed two people?" I asked, gruffly but not without sympathy. I knew about her and Kurr's background in the games.

"Y-yes. They wouldn't let me pass... I'm afraid we may not be able to get to the head gamemaker that way."

"We'll have to come up with another way," Kurr said slowly, wrapping an arm around Veronica. He looked at me with a knowing look. I nodded.

"I'll go see about those fireworks, but Kurr?"

"Yeah?"

"I need you to do me a favor. Write a note to Reed about this plan. They need to be by the barrier when we're going to light this place up."

I saw him nod before I turned and walked out of the room.

Des- District 10-

A kiss? "What would a kiss do?" I asked. Reed bit her lip.

"Well... my siblings would tell me bedtime stories of someone who was asleep and a kiss woke them up."

I also bit my lip nervously. I had never kissed someone. The only thing I ever kissed was my favorite lamb, but that was on his head.

I leaned down and kissed Ryder's forehead. His skin was burning hot, fever coursing through his body. The nurse in me rose up again.

"We need to get him in the water," I pointed to the little pool of water closeby.

"But you didn't do it right," said Reed.

"What?"

"You've got to kiss him on the lips... I think."

"I will once we get him in the water. We've got to cool him down."

Reed and I pulled Ryder's limp body closer to water and were able to get most of him in accept for his head. For that I took my canteen and gently poured water over his face.

"He's still not waking up."

"You didn't do it right," she pointed out.

I gave her an irritated glance but looked back down at him. He looked peaceful, but terrible. His skin was deathly pale, but he still had a pulse. There was a bit of purple outlining his lips.

"Okay," I stuttered, bent down slowly and kissed his lip. It was wet... but nice.

Coming back up to my knees, I tilted my head. "Did it work?"

"Look!" Reed pointed.

Ryder's eyes started to flutter open, a groan escaping from his mouth. "Ugh... what the--"

"Ryder?"

"Des? Reed?"

"You're okay!" I laughed, but it died out as I caught his look.

"No... I'm not okay," he said hoarsley, almost a whisper.

"What do you mean? You're awake, now we just have to get your temperature down," I said.

"Des, I'm really sick," he said. I shook my head and looked up at Reed. Her eyes, they were sad but knowing at the same time. I guess I must've looked like that too. We knew he was sick from the start and no matter what anybody did, he only seemed to get worse.

"You have to leave me and win this thing."

"No," I denied. I rolled back to my bottom and pulled my knees up to my chest. "No, I'm not leaving."

"Des--" Reed started, but I cut her off.

"I won't leave him. He's going to get better." I glared down at Ryder. "You hear me? You're going to get better."

Spoiler! :
WooHoo! Super duper long post! Des' stats: same as before.

~Doctor Who

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Wed May 16, 2012 3:26 am
VampireSenshi says...

Ryder~

I listen to everything they say. I choke back tears, but I can't find any more strength to fight them. So I let them out.

"Des," I say, tears falling down my cheek.

"I told myself in the beginning that I wouldn't let anyone forget District Twelve, that I would win despite the sickness." I sob.

"But I'm gonna die here." I say.

Spoiler! :
Man, wrote a really long post. But my computer froze and I had to shorten it...

Health: 35/100 Hunger: 36/100 Thirst: 34/100
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

Wed May 16, 2012 8:49 pm
hungergameslover says...

Spoiler! :
Veronica sent Ryder Hint hint

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu May 17, 2012 12:38 am
VampireSenshi says...

Spoiler! :
Lol I know I'll have him remember later when it's too late...
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Thu May 17, 2012 5:38 pm
misslady101 says...

Name:Robyn Sift
District:11
Tribute
Apperance:Long culy black hair with hazel brown eyes and a huge smile.
Abilites:Good instincts for survival.Really great hunter. Can manipulate anyone into doing what she wants and appears to be weak by her baby face but really isn't.
Background: mother was killed after showing signs of rebillin and father was killed in the hunger games... so she's definetly out for revenfge .Her and her brother live alone togther.
Up for love: not really shes really independent and has trust issues......it might be hard for anyone to get close to her.
Symbol: a small star like necklace.

37 Reviews

Thu May 17, 2012 11:29 pm
ShootingStars says...

Spoiler! :
Misslady, I'm sorry but you can't jump in the middle of our SB just because it gets a little confusing entering new characters, and you'd have a lot of catching up to do. Plus, we already have two tributes from District 11. I'm sorry, but it just would be jumbled up. I'm going to make another SB about the Hunger Games after this one so you can get in that one. I hope that's understandable, and you get wheee I'm coming from. :-D

Reed Willimon, District 11 female tribute: DAY 3, morning
Ryder's words hung heavy in the air.

"Let them remember 12," he whispered again.

Des stroked his hair, trying to hide her emotions but Reed could tell she was upset. Who wouldn't be? Reed put on a straight face and forced a small smile. "Ryder, you've held up this long, so you can make it to the end. I promise. Just don't lose hope." Reed swallowed and wiped her tangled curls out of her eyes. She sucked in a deep breath, taking in the mixed smells of the forest and rain.

Des looked down at Ryder, and helped prop him up a little bit. He groaned but didn't refuse. "Take this," she said, offering him the leftover water from the canteen. Reed noticed they were running low on food, so she told the two she'd try to hunt near their encampment. The girl didn't feel right leaving by herself, but she could tell Des wanted to be alone for a couple of minutes with Ryder. Reed set out with her sword.

19 Reviews

Fri May 18, 2012 1:18 am
Jaden G. says...

Des- District 10

Everything felt wrong. Nothing could compare to what I was feeling right now. Not Luce's death or even Fiske's... Ryder was gasping for each breath. I needed to get his mind out of here.

"Uh, Ryder... tell me about your family," I whispered, trying to keep his mind focused on something.

"Family?" he choked,

"Yeah. Do you have a mom? A dad?"

"Dad died. I have a mom and a sister and brother."

"Tell me about them."

"Lilia... she's sweet. And Haymitch... he's a little hurricane. Runs around the mines when he's... not supposed to."

I smiled through my tears. "They both sound amazing."

"Yeah... I just hope they never have to go through this."

"I hope so too. But they'll still have their big brother supporting them all the way," I tried to encourage.

He chuckled, but it got caught and he started coughing up a bit of blood. I frowned and stroked his hair even faster, patting his back to clear his lungs.

"Ugh," he moaned, blinking heavily.

"Ryder," I warned. "Ryder, you can't leave me yet. I'm still getting to know you. I want you to introduce me to your mom and Haymitch and Lilia. You can't leave yet."

Spoiler! :
I think this is the longest death scene we've had. I'm thinking Des' attitude is going to drastically change after Ryder's death.

~Doctor Who

Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers