z

Young Writers Society

The 13th Hunger Games---Starting

Reviews: 3
Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:38 pm
View Likes
hungergameslover says...

Veronica

“Okay lets do this.” Kurr says. I can see both of the guys start to flex their muscles. I begin to laugh hysterically. “What?” Kurr asks. I just look at both for a second, roll my eyes and start to head back inside.

“I am going to go check on Ryder and see if he has taken his medicine and then we will start. I need to get ready anyway. I have a feeling they are not going to let a mentor go anywhere. They might let a woman from the capitol. Go places.” I say. The men smirk as we walk back inside. “Told you I did my homework.” I say. I walk back inside to look at the screen. Ryder still has not taken his medicine yet, but there is something much worse. “Kurr you might want to come here.” I say he comes over and sees little Reed bleeding. The expression on his face is indescribable.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Thu May 03, 2012 12:32 pm
View Likes
Jaden G. says...

Des- District 10

The rain continued to pour harder on us while we crouched around Fiske. His body was shaking badly, his hands and legs twitching and convulsing.

"Fiske, Fiske," we tried to calm him down. He let a throaty cough and looked up at Reed.

"I... I'm not going to finish, am I?"

"No, you are Fiske. You are going to finish," said Reed. I looked up at her, but she was looking just as desperate. He wasn't going to finish. He convulsed again, this time gritting his teeth to hold in the yelp.

"Just... tell everyone that I died brave."

Did he forget that everyone could see him? Was this what those gamemakers wanted? Was this was people wanted?

Reed tried to touch him, tried to give him some comfort, but one touch was an immediate shock. The only place unnafected was his hair, and so she ran her fingers through his hair.

"I really don't want to die," he whispered. I felt the tears well up in my eyes. We all didn't.

"Fiske--" I said, but he convulsed worse and worse until his heart stopped and he finally rested.

Ilija- District 10 Mentor

I put a reaffirming hand on Kurr's shoulder. Reed was bleeding and Edur was fighting for his life, alone in the jungle.

"They're still alive."

"Yes, but for how much longer?"

"Let's go find Veronica. We need to kick this plan up in time." I turned to walk away, but looked back on the screen. "Um... just a second."

Des-

I balled my eyes out and I know Reed was doing the same. Fiske had gone from needing our help to helping us out of some of the worst situations...

I moved on my knees towards Reed and wrapped an arm around her shoulders. Her smaller frame trembled with sobs. We stayed there, mourning.

A silver parachute was blown through the wind above our heads, the container it was holding dropped on top of mine.

"Ouch!" I turned angrily at the parachute. It was a little late for any aid. Fiske was already dead.

"A-aren't you going to open it?" Reed sniffled.

In answer I grabbed it and yanked open the lid. What could he possibly be sending now?

Inside was a little paper. Before the rain smudged it too much to read, I caught the words: Find Ryder.

Ryder!

Spoiler! :
Health: 60/100 Hunger 60/100 Thirst 59/100
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Thu May 03, 2012 10:37 pm
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

Reed Willimon, District 11: DAY 2, Night

Reed felt better once Des' reassuring arms were wrapped around her. Two good people had died terrible deaths today. It was hard to handle. Reed tried to calm herself, but every time she glanced at the river and Fiske, it brought on another round of tears. Drops slipped down her cheeks, mixing in with the blood on the side of her face.

She saw the gift drop from the sky, and couldn't help feeling frustrated and mad at everyone who like the Gamemakers that caused pain.

"Find Ryder," Des whispered.

Reed swallowed, choking back sobs. She realized Ryder must still be alive! But her heart sank when she thought about- for the firrst time- that only one tribute could wn. Even if Ryder, Des and Reed made it to the end, two of them would never make it out. Reed shook the terrible feeling out of her head, telling herself that was a horrible thing to say to herself. It was true, though. And with that, Reed buried her face in her hands, crying again, letting the rain fall on her head.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

19 Reviews

Fri May 04, 2012 2:19 pm
View Likes
Jaden G. says...

Des- District 10

Reed broke into a fresh set of tears, as did I. This was too much... too much. But we had to find Ryder. He was sick and in this rain...

"Reed, we need to go," I whispered, struggling to get the words out. I didn't want to leave Fiske.

"But, what about Fiske?" she asked.

"Reed, he's gone now. We need to move before the gamemakers come and get him."

After I said this, two cannons went off. Fiske and someone else had died and their faces were added to the ones in the sky. The other was Alen.

"We need to go."

Reed looked up at the sky, confused. "A-Alen... he was with Edur..."

I sighed and grabbed Reed's upper arms, pulling her out of the mud and onto her feet. "Let's find Ryder."

Reed nodded slowly, tears still sliding down her cheeks and blending with the raindrops.

"Now where would Ryder be?"

Spoiler! :

~Doctor Who

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri May 04, 2012 6:18 pm
View Likes
Dragonette says...

Nya~ District 4

I forced my groggy self conscious and with a groan,and got into a wobbly standing position. With the combination of my numb left leg, a splitting headache, and the weight of District 7's heavy ax, walking took a lot of time and pain. Finally, after what seemed like a many sweat-breaking minutes, I reached the mouth of the cornucopia. The warm fire was calling to me but I ran my fingers through my hair and straightened slightly before entering, I couldn't show any weakness. Bronze was my ally, but he was also my most dangerous enemy.

When I stepped into the fire-light, Bronze looked up and took a bite of some kind of meat he was eating. He handed me a piece and I gave him a flirty smile and I tried not to show too much of a limp as I went to sit next to him. I noticed the shaft of an arrow producing from his shoulder. "What happened to you?" I asked at the same time he said, "Any luck?"

"I killed one of the boys, but he managed to hit me as well," Bronze finally said motioning to his shoulder.

I nodded. "I, uh, didn't get anyone from the group I was following." Bronze stopped chewing and raised an impatient eyebrow at me. "-BUT I did manage to kill the boy from district 7." I smiled coyly at him

This time he raised both eyebrows at me, but this time out of respected. "YOU killed the that hulk from district 7? That big fellow with the ax?"

"Yes." I handed him the ax and he ran his fingers over the sharp blade in approval. Suddenly we heard a snap and some violent cussing. Both of us grinned to each other and started out the cave, maybe we can add another tribute to our death list.

The storm had let up a little bit, but I still had trouble keeping up with Bronze with my bad leg. He jogged ahead with me weakly limping behind him, I pretended like I was purposefully taking my time. Finally he stopped behind a tree and called back to me, "Nya, you better come look at this." I hurried up my limp to come stand behind him. In his hands was the net I had made out of vines. He had rigged it up to make a trap the night before and it had clearly been set off...and cut through. I pulled out a knife and Bronze readied the ax and we stood back to back, ready for who ever was here.

Spoiler! :
Hunger 87/100, Thirst 90/100, 71/100
*sighs* Why are my posts always so long? I can't help it! I guess I just like detail or something...
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri May 04, 2012 7:16 pm
View Likes
Dragonette says...

Colton~ District 2

I watched the two career tributes from behind a branch as they examined the net I had been caught in. Thankfully I had been able to cut through it with the tip of my spear before they arrived. I was debating on whether or not to attack, it was only one against two, and these guys looked like they knew what they were doing. But I could also see that they were both severely injured and I knew I could take them on. Thinking up a quick plan, I picked up a rock and threw it a few yards away from me. At the sound, the blond girl jumped and quickly chucked a knife in that direction, with deadly accuracy I noticed.

For an instant her back was turned towards me and she was momentarily weaponless, and I took the chance and charged. I gave her a vicious shove that caused her to slam into the side of the cliff and fall to the ground with a grunt. Not wasting any time, I swung the butt of my spear at the boys face, but he caught it and twisted it out of my grip. He had me quickly pinned to the ground, but I wasn't done yet. As my right arm was shaking with the weight of the ax he was trying to bring down on my head, my other hand was grabbing the poison bottle out of my pocket. Finally I got it free and I poured a drop of it on the hand that was pinning my chest to the ground. The boy yelled in pain as the poison burned his hand and he loosened his grip.

I took the chance to change the tables as I punched him in the jaw and we rolled along the ground, giving punches when we could. As we wrestled, I saw my spear just to the right of me and I stretched out my arm and grabbed it. In an instant I was standing above him and jabbing the spear at his chest, but the weapon never hit home because suddenly I was knocked off my feet by the blond girl. She had another knife in her hand and was swinging it at my head. Even though I dodged, she still managed to slice my face and warm blood flowed freely down my cheek and into my mouth. I tried to attack but when I got to my feet, the boy ruffly rammed me into the wall of the cliff and pinned me there with the side of the ax pressing against my throat. I noticed that he held me at the distance of the ax handle without getting to close and I smiled maliciously when I glanced at his hand and noticed it was turning green. I saw the fire of a killer enter his eyes as he prepared to end my life, but suddenly the girl was behind him whispering in his ear. "Wait! Maybe he could be of value. He can obviously hold his own, and we could use more people to attack the others, seeing as they're all ganging up." She was so close to him and was so sly and coy that I instantly disliked her, even though she was vouching for my life. She whispered something else quieter in his ear and he smiled evilly at me. I guessed that she had something like "We can always get rid of him when he's no longer of any use."

He turned back to me, and spoke forcefully."Where's the rest of your gang?" He was referring to my alliance to the other careers. I shrugged. The pressure on my throat intensified.

I spit blood out of my mouth, "They weren't worthy of me. I left them." I was bluffing, but they didn't seem to notice.

The two looked at each other and then back at me. The girl put her hands on her hips and smiled coyly at me, "Welcome to the team, I'm Nya and this is Bronze." The boy took the ax off my throat, "You show one sign of weakness or rebellion and you're dead, got it? "Bronze said.

I snickered to myself, but nodded. They can't touch me.

Spoiler! :
Hunger 64/100, Thirst 66/100, Health 89/100
*face/palm* I promised myself this post wouldn't be long. Well THAT didn't happen. Sorry, I just got so caught up in the moment. But hopefully I got the point along: Colton, although young, is a vicious killer...and arrogant XD
Last edited by Dragonette on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

19 Reviews

Sat May 05, 2012 4:00 pm
View Likes
Jaden G. says...

Bronze- District 1

"You show one sign of weakness or rebellion and you're dead, got it?" Nya threatened. The boy snickered, but he nodded in agreement. I gave him a look over and smirked before turning around and walking back to our camp.

"What's your name?" I asked.

"Why do you want to know?" he asked cheekily. How I wanted to slap that smirk off his face.

"Well I can always call you Pain in the--"

"Colton. The name's Colton."

"Colton?" Nya chuckled. He shot a glare at her, and then down at her leg.

"Should I call you cripple?" he asked her. I looked back at her and down to her leg. Hmm... not yet.

"Leave her alone, Colton," I said. "Even without both her legs, she could still take you down."

Nya seemed to have straightened up at that and forced herself to walk a little better, still hiding the limp. If I was going to win this thing, I still needed both of them a little off guard. But first things first, I needed to get this blasted chute out of my arm.

Spoiler! :
Health 90/100 Hunger 92/100 Thirst 90/100

~Doctor Who

19 Reviews

Tue May 08, 2012 12:41 am
View Likes
Jaden G. says...

Spoiler! :
Attempt at keeping this on the first page

~Doctor Who

Wed May 09, 2012 1:02 am
View Likes
hungergameslover says...

Veronica

I watch as the two men stare at the screen petrified. “Kurr we need to start if you want her out of there.” I whisper in his ear. I have to get up on my tip toes to even get to his shoulders. He nods. “Come on Ilija.” I say, but his eyes are locked on the screen. I walk back over. “Come on we got to go.” I begin to pull him out the door. As we walk down the hallway, he still has the same expression on his face. “Whats the problem?” I ask him.

19 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2012 2:12 pm
View Likes
Jaden G. says...

-Ilija- District 10 mentor-

"What's the problem?" Veronica asked.

I shook my head out of it and looked at her. "Hmm?"

"What's the problem?" she asked again.

I blink as a flood of images run through my head. Fire... war... peacekeepers versus revolutionaries... two women were bleeding on the ground. I wrap my arms around the youngest and scream--

"Ilija, snap out of it," Kurr snapped his fingers.

"Sorry, just old age catching up on me," I excused.

Veronica shook her head. "That's not it. What did you see when you saw Des?"

I glared at her. "That is none of your business."

"If it's going to get in the way of this mission, then it is our business," she countered.

"It won't," I assured as we kept walking. "Alright, Veronica needs to get her disguise. Kurr and I will meet you near the gamemakers corridor."

~Doctor Who

Wed May 09, 2012 8:58 pm
View Likes
hungergameslover says...

Veronica

“Are you sure you are going to be okay?” I ask them. They nod and I run back down the hallway. I creep behind the wall were some people from the capitol stay. I hear a door open and people walk out. I run as fast as I can to go through the door. Thank goodness these people are stupid enough to leave the doors unlocked. I peer in through the door to see if anyone is still in the room. There is no sign of anyone so I head over to a closet. The clothes are so out there I can barely stand to look at them. I look through the closet and find a puffy dress that would be perfect. I slip it over my head and run to find a mirror. I glance in it and anyone would be able to tell it was me. I roll my eyes and try to find make-up. They woman that stays here has a ton. I put a little bit of everything on my face and pull my hair up. I grab some high heels and I am about to leave the room. Out of the corner of my eye I see a huge, curly pink wig and grab it. I look myself in the mirror one last time and almost throw up. I look like one of them. I start to talk in that funny accent. “May the odds be ever in your favor.” I say out loud. I am amazed in the fact I sound like one of them. It is horrible. I walk out of the room and go to find the other mentors. A mean thought run through my head. Lets play with it a little. I try to keep from laughing and walk around the corner. “What are you doing here? Mentors are not aloud to be at this part of the capitol.” I say in the stupid accent. I wave my arms all around. Their faces are shocked.

“Sorry we got a little turned around.” Kurr said and the other mentor nodded.

“Oh yes this will work just fine.” I say in my normal voice. I start to laugh. Their mouths drop.

“I do not like I can look at you the same ever again.” The men say.

“Okay are you ready to do this or not?” I say

37 Reviews

Wed May 09, 2012 10:28 pm
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

Kurr, District 11 mentor:

Kurr let loose a short laugh when Veronica revealed her identity to Ilija and him. Her hair, her makeup, her accent. It all looked so believable.

"Where exactly did you manage to get that outfit?" Then Kurr stopped himself. "Never mind, I don't even want to know."

Even though Ilija seemed slightly distracted, he chuckled too.

Veronica rubbed her gloved hands together, the cotton candy wig bobbing back and forth on her head. "I can't believe we're actually going to do this," she said quietly.

Ilija held out his hand, though stopping her. "A thought crossed my mind earlier. Even when we manage to free the tributes, where will they go? Certainly the Capitol would find them and kill them eventually."

Kurr thought for a moment. "And their families most likely want to be with them too, but it'd be dangerous..." His voice caught, as he remembered the rumors. The rumors of a safe place. The rumors of a home free from the Capitol's clutches. The rumors of District 13. The District had supposedly been destroyed during the rebellion, but Kurr had heard talk that it was still there, and slowly rebuilding itself. But he shook the thought away. The Capitol would surely know already, if there was still a District 13, that it had survived, and would blow it up once more. However, the thought continued to nag at the back of his mind...

"Kurr? What are you thinking?" Veronica asked.

"District 13," he whispered, a far-off look in his eyes. "And get the Gamemaker to help us, by force..." Kurr blinked slowly.

READ THIS! Please?
Spoiler! :
I was thinking that they could get the Head Gamemaker to help them by threatening to kill him. They could see him in the gardens or something, and seize the chance. Secretly, Recenio is a coward so it's easy to make him cooperate. Then he could let it slip that District 13 really does exist. After everything is planned, Recenio makes the escape look like an accident that the remaining tributes "die" in. Vehicles outside are already setup for the tributes to escape in, with a few other cooperating mentors in them. However, Recenio has to keep some tributes in the arena to fight or else the viewers, and the Capitol, might become suspicious. Reed is one of the three unlucky kids who get separated from the escapees, but she ends up winning. I hope this kind of makes sense, because I have to type really fast. Supper is almost done. :D We don't have to do this, but I think it makes sense.

Reed Willimon, District 11 female tribute: DAY 2, Night
Spoiler! :
Health: 74/100 Hunger: 61/100, Thirst: 75/100

They starting moving again through the forest, silently. The night choruses of chirps, low hoots, and growls put Reed on edge. Plus, every time she looked at the surrounding darkness, she saw the images of Fiske and Luce spring up around her, taking in their final breaths.
----------
After a few hours of searching in the dark for Ryder, they heard twigs snap off to the right.

"I hope that's a rabbit," breathed Reed. She reached for her sword, but was too tired and weak from her head wound to pull it out.

Des stopped walking and crouched behind a bush, motioning for Reed to do the same. The bright moonlight guiding her, the girl slipped behind Des, her heart pounding. She swallowed. Her head was throbbing and her legs were sore, but Reed pushed all that aside, focusing on quieting her breathing.

After a few agonizing seconds of waiting, the flicker of a torch was visible through the tangle of charred vines and leaves. Even this far from the pond where the wild fire had been, Reed still saw bits of burnt forest here and there. Soon, a figure stumbled out of the trees near where the two girls were hiding. It was a young boy, the one carrying a makeshift torch. For a second, Reed hoped it might be Ryder, that they somehow got lucky and finally found him, but she realized it wasn't him. He wouldn't be that stupid and light a bright torch at night. Whoever the tribute was, it was almost as if he were trying to send out a signal to everyone near where he was.

Reed glanced at Des, who was training her eyes on the boy, who was now sitting down. He was making camp.

"Is he staying here?" Des asked, in a hushed tone.

"Let's hope not," Reed responded quietly. The boy began building a fire, and she groaned inwardly. If someone saw this tribute's fire, they would surely find Reed and Des also. This was bad. They needed to leave without being noticed and find Ryder.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

37 Reviews

Thu May 10, 2012 12:06 am
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

Hunger Games picture! Post yours!
Spoiler! :
IMG_20120509_195731-1.jpg
Oh, yeah. I <3 HG!

---Shooting Stars

19 Reviews

Thu May 10, 2012 1:27 pm
View Likes
Jaden G. says...

Spoiler! :
This may sound morbid, but I want to kill off Des. I have her death all planned. Stars, are you going to make a list of those who escape?

-Des- District 10-

We backed carefully away, trying not to attract the guy's attention. When we were far enough away, we started going faster. I noticed the trees around us and what looked like a clearing nearby. That's when my heart caught in my throat.

"Reed," I hissed.

"What?"

"We're near the Cornucopia."

She froze and looked toward the clearing. We had tried so hard to avoid the Cornucopia through this whole bloodbath only to wind up on its front door.

"Let's go," I said and motioned for Reed to follow.

"Wait, what if we can get some supplies," said Reed.

"No. I've maybe seen one dead career in the sky. The rest are probably scattered all around the cornucopia. The faster we get out of here, the better."

Reed didn't argue and kept up, but she looked a bit dissapointed. The cornucopia was a jewel if you were able to hold it, but a death wish if you tried to take it.

"Where could Ryder be?" I whispered.

"We're not going to be able to find him in the dark. Let's bunker down and look in the morning," said Reed, pointing to a tree. I sighed and started climbing. Trees weren't my favorite place to sleep anymore. Last time I was in one, it fell over.

Another cannon sounded, and I really hoped it wasn't Ryder.

Spoiler! :

-Bronze- District 1-

I pulled the spear out from the dead tribute's body. "Anything good on her?" asked Nya, before she started rummaging through the tribute's pockets.

I shrugged and took out a piece of bread from my pack. I couldn't wait to win this thing and go home. I'd be recieved with feasts and fountains of chocolate...

"Hey, Bronze!" called Colton. My head snapped over to his direction as he tossed me a piece of hot pigeon. "Try a real meal."

I rolled my eyes to hide the grimace from the hot meat burning my fingers. Quickly setting it on my lap, I waited for it to cool before chewing it up. Colton belched and let out a raucous laugh, I laughed with him.

Nya frowned, disgusted. "You boys are such pigs."

"Whatever," I brushed her off. "I'm going to start the fire."

Spoiler! :
Health 88/100 Hunger 95/100 Thirst 89/100

~Doctor Who

37 Reviews

Thu May 10, 2012 7:56 pm
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

If no one wants to escape, and it proves too difficult to plan, then maybe it could be a failed attempt. Hunger Games Lover already said she wanted Veronica to die, anyways.

I am always saying "Glad to've met you" to somebody I'm not at all glad I met. If you want to stay alive, you have to say that stuff, though.
— Holden Caulfield