14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:28 am
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Spoiler! :
Hey Star,
what about the interviews?
There is no such thing as a stranger. Only friends we haven't met yet.

Previously Just Toby

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:25 pm
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

Spoiler! :
We've been taking awhile in the Capitol, but if everyone would rather do the interviews, then we can do that! :) I just didn't want people to be mad about not starting the Games yet.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:06 pm
View Likes
starrgazer says...

Spoiler! :
Yeah, I agree. I get that some people may be agitated since we still haven't started yet, but the interviews are somewhat important and besides, this way, some of us can drag out our deaths a little longer :P

I don't know, maybe we should vote or something.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

:)

Reviews: 3
Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:16 am
View Likes
hungergameslover says...

Spoiler! :
I do not really care what we do, but can we still do the morning before the games please. I have a great idea. The morning before the games is a great topic for mentors and tributes. Plus, this give the mentors time to give a really good pep talk. Ya know.

38 Reviews

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:33 am
View Likes
starrgazer says...

Spoiler! :
So lemme get this straight, finish the day, do the interviews and then its the game?

Luce Avery - District 8

I watched as Edur and Alen begain training in each of their own strengths. Everyone, in fact was busy concentrating on their own skills yet wary of showing too much to the others.

I, myself, decided to go for a lap or two around the track, hoping that by some miracle, a few extra minutes of jogging will give me a sudden burst of experienced energy for tomorrow.

Halfway through my goal, a bell rang clear and loud, forcing everyone to stop and look up.

"Time's over," a figure walking in said, "Dinner's just about ready."

Spoiler! :
Sorry for rushing this and making it so vague, I just wanted to give the sb an extra little push :) pm me to change anything.

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

14 Reviews

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:03 am
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Spoiler! :
Guys, this is slowly dying...

Previously Just Toby

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:18 am
View Likes
VampireSenshi says...

Spoiler! :
Lets just break into the games, and skip the interviews. FOR THE GOOD OF THE COLLECTIVE!
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

38 Reviews

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:24 am
View Likes
starrgazer says...

Spoiler! :
*Looks at sb sadly* C'mon guys :)

Morning of the Games

Luce - 8

The morning air was frosty, doing nothing to calm my nerves. My heart was pounding unnaturally and my hands were to cold to be sweaty. Just maybe and hour or two and we'd all be stepping on to the vast field...and signing away our lives.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:20 pm
View Likes
Jaden G. says...

Des- District 10

We were dressed according to our district. Shakily twisting the bold hawk feather in my hair, I glanced at the platform that would take us to the arena... to our deaths. I didn't want to go. I wanted to go home. Could I run?

"Stop it," a hard voice hissed. I looked back and saw Ilija hobbling over, his hair messier than ever.

"I don't want to go," I whispered.

My counterpart snorted and I glared at him. He had to be just as scared as I was. No one here could be stupid enough not to.

"And don't you go scoffing and smirking," Ilija turned on him. "You both need to focus." He looked at me, "Fear is natural and sometimes helpful. You'll be more alert, more cautious with your life, but don't let any of them see it. That's the advantage."

"If you want to survive," he continued, "make sure to play the game. Don't let it play you. Strength is in numbers, so team up at the beginning. Don't trust anything, the water, the plants, the air, at times not even your eyes. And last... always be on the lookout for what I send you. Your life may depend on it."

"Ilija?" I ventured shakily.

"Yeah?"

I looked to see if no one was looking. They weren't. I stepped forward and wrapped my arms meekly around his broad middle.

"Don't make us go."

He sighed and it was the first I had ever seen him be somewhat softer than he let on. "I can't stop it. If I could I would have done so long ago," he mumbled. Such words were borderline treason, and that's when I realized all of this wasn't just a game.

Spoiler! :
Okay guys, we're at just before the games. Let's keep this SB alive
Last edited by Jaden G. on Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Oh please don't tell me you're archaeologists."

"Do you have a problem with archaeologists?"

"I'm a time traveler. I laugh at archaeologists."

~Doctor Who

14 Reviews

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:27 pm
View Likes
SirTobes says...

Edur
District 11 Male Tribute

Edur jogged on the spot, preparing himself. He looked at Reed, and took a breath. She smiled, and Edur winked at her, he didn't even know why.
Edur planned on getting some weapons early on, then he would start hunting for food, probably from the treetops, considernig he was from District 11.
After that, he would head out and find a good hiding place, were he could rest up. But, he didn't have much else to his plan, but he was hoping find teh District 8 Tributes was going to be in their somewhere.

Kurr walked up to the two fo them and started talking. Edur was half listening, but he was still trying to psych himself up.
Kurr was looking at Edur, andhis mouth was moving repetitively, but Edur wasn't loistening or watching.
"Edur, look at me!" Kurr shouted as Edur snapped back into reality.
"What did I just say?" Kurr said like a bossy mother.
Edur's face screwed up, then he raised an eyebrow and spoke in desperation.
"Ah, something about the games?"

Previously Just Toby

38 Reviews

Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:02 pm
View Likes
starrgazer says...

Luce - 8

All the tributes were underground by now. The little capsules that were suppose to bring us up to the starting field sta just a few feet away, taunting me. If I squinted, I could make out the faint shape of Alen, who also seemed awfully jittery.

Our mentor stepped into view and walked towards me with one of his hands gathered in a fist.

"Here," he said gently, reaching forward to loop something around my neck. It was my tribute symbol; the tiny forget-me-nots on a thin gold chain. I smiled weakly at him and attacked him with a great big bear hug. Boundaries and personal space seemed like such frivolous things when you about to go and try to kill the very people you've spent the last few weeks (was it?) with.

I finally let go and he smiled back at me, ruffling my hair. I followed the back of his head as he slowly melded together with the shadows, headed towards Alen.

Suddenly, sirens blared and a sickly sweet voice came on, "Hold on to your seats for the most spectacular event yet,"

Suited officers appeared and guided us into the capsule.

"For our dearest tributes, let the odds ever be in your favour,"

The platform slowly rised and as my eyes got use to the bright morning light, I saw all the other tributes on the field.

"and let the 13th Hunger Games,"

I crouched down, heart pounding a hole in my chest and scanned for the nearest package or shelter...

"Begin!"

Let the odds ever be your favor

37 Reviews

Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:01 am
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

Reed Willimon, District 11 female tribute:

While Reed stood shaking with fear on the metal starting plate, she glanced around the underground room. Kurr was speaking briefly to Edur, and a few guards were standing at the doorway.

With a feeling of horror, Reed realized that this room might be the last thing that she may see before the Games start, that isn't related to the Hunger Games. She drew in a deep breath, fingering her apple necklace tied tightly around her neck. She felt like she was about to wet her pants, her heart hammering like a chorus of snaredrums, so she tried to think about more happy times.

Reed remembered running through the fields back home with her brother and sisters, having supper with friends, drawing chalk art on the road by her home, singing to the birds, dancing in the flowery dress during the interviews in the Capitol, and even laughing and smiling with others here. Reed smiled a bitter sweet smile, tears welling up in the corners of her blue eyes. She began to cry, waiting there under the arena.

In a few minutes, everyone she had met in the Training Center, at supper and before the interviews was about to be killed. She felt like she was being crushed, the weight of the Games crashing down on top of her. She tried to cheer up, and winked at Edur.

Kurr waltzed confidently over at Reed. he noticed her tears, and frowned, feeling sorry for the little girl. She wiped the drops from her eyes, but he stopped her and held her small hand carefully. "Don't get rid of the tears. You're appearing weak, and that's what I want." He smiled sadly. "At the Cornucopia, get any small supplies you need, then take off and find trees and water. You'll do fine."

Then Reed started being pulled up on the metal disc. She was being raised to the arena above. Her tears slid faster down her cheeks, looking down at Kurr. He gave her a reassuring smile and a thumbs-up.

"You'll be great!" Kurr called as she was lifted higher.

As Reed was pulled onto the arena floor, a grassy field, she wasn't sure if that was true.

Spoiler! :
I'm SOOOOO sorry I haven't posted! I've had a reeeeeally busy week! Right now is the minutes right before the Games begin.
When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you. -Jiminy Cricket

Don't be afraid to jump, to leap, to fly too far and don't be scared to touch the stars!

Reviews: 3
Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:21 am
View Likes
hungergameslover says...

Veronica 12 mentor
Veronica could not take it any more she took Ryder's hand and said, "Why did you lie to me? You have been sick. I thought it was just before game worry or something, but you are really sick. Why did you not tell me?" she sheds a tear but quickly wipes it away.
" I did not want you to worry. I am fine. Look I will get over it. It is just a small cold. How are you more worried than I am?" he said.
" I want to help you. I am going to help you. You do not have to lie to me. I hear you coughing at night. I see the bags under you eyes." She feels head and jerks her hand back. " You are burning. I had no idea you were this bad."
" Veronica please stop. I am going to be fine. Look you have been the greatest friend to me. If I never see you again..."
" Do not say that. I am going to get you out of there I swear. Please so not fight. Run as fast as you can and fine water. I am going to send you what you most need. You knew the Captiol had had pills. Listen, you are going to be the one that come out. Do not give up. Please do not. Please." She is now yelling.
" Thank you so much." he says
Sophia comes in . She look worried. Would not be. Veronica takes them both in her arms. " I love you two. Do not let me down." She kisses them both on the cheek and watches them both get on to the platfrom and rise up. She gives one last wave, blows a kiss and mouthes to Ryder " I will be talking to you. Just listen out and follow your gut feeling." He nods and waves as he rises up.

"

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:56 am
View Likes
sunwater says...

Alen Hayward

Alen was freaking out forgetting every thing hes was going to do when he finally gets into the arena. Maybe Alen should grab a weapon and try following Luce or Edur who ever was closer to him after he got a weapon.Luce walked over to Alen "Alen I know your freaking out but maybe you should go and try calm down so you have a clear mind going into the arena."
Alen walks away and trys to slow his breathing and think some more on what he is going to do some more.
They call to have every one to get onto the elevator to take them up to the arena Alen walks over to it and looks at Luce and smiles at her and she smiles back at him.

37 Reviews

Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:00 pm
View Likes
ShootingStars says...

Final Part: Let the Games Begin!
Recenio Allack, Head Gamemaker:

Recenio had carefully observed each tribute during the training sessions, and noted their strengths and weaknesses. He tried to use these things to help and hurt the tributes. For example, in the Cornucopia he made sure that an axe was included for the District 7 girl, a bow and arrow for the 12 male, swords and a spear for the 11 girl, capturing nets for the 4 boy and girl, and so on and so forth.

Recenio had excitement and anticipation bubbling up inside his chest as he observed the arena in the circular Gamemaker control room. The entire wall in front of him was a screen of various sections of the arena, and from those central areas he could move the cameras to view other sites. At his fingertips were flashing buttons and small switches that he could tap to release animals, traps, and other surprises for the tributes. He and the other Gamemakers had designed every inch of the Hunger Games arena for a specific purpose.

The Head Gamemaker stroked his graying beard, then stabbed with his finger a black button labeled, "Enter Tributes." He gazed at the screen showing the Cornucopia and the field it was set in, watching the metal starting discs rise to the ground level. The twenty-four tributes on them glanced around as they were brought to the grassy plain, all squinting in the bright, artificial sun. Most of the teens were taking in their surroundings or staring at one another, trying to prepare for the starting gong that released them from their plates.

The announcer for the Hunger Games began speaking, before finishing by concluding with, "May the odds be ever in your favor!" Recenio stared intently at the screen in front of him, counting down the sixty seconds the tributes had to stay on their starting plates.

"20, 19, 18, 17," he mumbled. A few more seconds passed and the sound of a loud gong filled the speakers in the Gamemaker control room. The Games had officially begun.

A small girl sprinted to the Cornucopia, arriving first. She snatched a few items and a weapon, before being joined by the boy from 12 and 1. Recenio remembered her to be the District 11 female.

Soon, swords were glinting and arrows were flying at the mouth of the Cornucopia. The bloodbath was beginning.

Recenio watched with pleasure, thinking aloud, "This is an exciting group."

The first cannon shot fired, signaling a tribute's death.

"Indeed," another fellow Gamemaker agreed. "They're vicious."
Last edited by ShootingStars on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does.
— Anonymous