z

Young Writers Society

Wyrmeweald: Kith and Kin

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:52 am
RedBird says...

Nathaniel,

The kin pair fly lower and lower, approaching the kith from behind. I stare back at the kith. He's about a hundred feet below us, still pointing his crossbow at us. Ascal hisses and I bare my teeth, but think better of it. Maybe I can talk us out of this, at least until the other kin get here. I lower my lance and raise my hand towards the kith.

"Hello, kith," I say, my voice unused to human sounds after having lived with just Ascal for company. Ascal gives me a quizzical look.

"Shut yer trap, lizard-boy," the kith shouts up at me, drawing nearer to the cliff, "Don't move!"

I roll my eyes. This kith is an idiot if he thinks that a crossbow bolt will be able to do anything against Ascal's scales or my soulskin. They're both nearly impenetrable.

"We mean you no harm, I assure you," I say calmly, "We're just leaving, anyway."

"I said SHUT it," the man snarls, jerking his crossbow up in his anger.

"Well, see, I don't want to, as you say, shut it. We just want to be left in peace,"

"You won't be living once I'm done with you, lizard-boy. I'm going to gut you and your wyrme and leave your entrails for the carrionwyrmes to feast on."

"I wouldn't do that, if I were you," I say dryly, and pull up the hood of my soulskin. Just then, the kin arrive.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

38 Reviews

Reviews: 38
Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:50 pm
starrgazer says...

Spoiler! :
Sorry this took so long, I've been busy lately :)

Myra

I leaned my head forward and arched my body lower, flattening myself against Acren. The wind was whipping against my face yet the thrill of the ride was still coursing through my veins. The feeling of gliding on your wyrme was a high I could never get tires of. I could feel Acren's muscles tighten as we got ready to go through the cave.

It all happened so fast, the wind, the noise, the damp, mossy scent all blurred together until we finally burst through to the other side. Acren spread his wings gallantly and charged upwards. I threw my hands up and laughed, feeling his energy flow into me.

The view was beautiful up here and it stole my breath every single time I saw a glimpse of the horizon. Water sparkled against the sandy shorelines and the groves of trees lounged lazily in scattered clumps.

I wrapped my arms around my wyrme again and planted a soft kiss on his neck. Suddenly, he stiffened and a low, primal growl emitted from him.

"What is it?" I asked softly.

He turned his head towards me and studied me with his sharp yellow eyes. Quickly, he abruptly turned back and I followed his gaze to find a moving shadow...a kin pair.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade

Pffffft, yeah right...fat lot of help sour lemon juice would do. When life also throws me a bag of sugar, then we'll start talking.

:)

Sometimes my life just sounds like surrealistic fiction being sold on clearance at the book store.
— J. G. Hammersmith