z

Young Writers Society

The Sci-fi Nightclub

Reviews: 3
Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:43 am
NicholasStone says...

What? What was he saying? He ended a war or something? This was stuff he needed to know.

"Please continue. As a member of the Spartan program, I would like to know all problems, past, present, and of course, the future."
He stumbled slightly, the limp in his leg still there. He dared not to look at the place he used to call home. He could feel the heat from the fire, the fire that he himself had ignited. He blinked back tears, as he limped away.

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:47 am
VampireSenshi says...

"Uh Uh Uh!" he said, wagging his finger.

"I'm really not supposed to give out classified information such as that General" he said.
<YWS>
<NE1>

NIGHT is always watching...

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:50 am
NicholasStone says...

"I understand." I said, nodding. "But wouldn't it save lives is problems were told about in advance? It would prevent so many problems!"
He stumbled slightly, the limp in his leg still there. He dared not to look at the place he used to call home. He could feel the heat from the fire, the fire that he himself had ignited. He blinked back tears, as he limped away.

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:58 am
VampireSenshi says...

"Not as many as you may think, even if i tell you want to do and when to do it. The war will still end the same." he said

Oh wait! He's a general right? Oh Crap! I hope he didn't notice!
<YWS>
<NE1>

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:04 am
NicholasStone says...

I had a bad feeling about this. So a war did happen! Or will. Doesn't matter. The way he said it... Made me feel like humans took a huge blow. Hopefully this would come much after my time.
"Let me ask you something, Paradox. How would this war end the same if you tell me about it in advance. You could find out the strategies of the enemy! You don't want humans to suffer, do you?"

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:13 am
VampireSenshi says...

"Ha, General!" he said, then kicked himself.

Dammit! That's twice!

He decided to go along with the conversation and hope he didn't notice.

"There are certain events in time that are destined to follow a strict, and sometimes unpleasant path of events. The Human / Covenant War is one of them."

Paradox kicked himself again.

Blast!
<YWS>
<NE1>

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:22 am
NicholasStone says...

*Yeah, Covenant war hasn't happened yet. This is when they were just more advanced policemen*

General? Why was he calling me that? I'm not a General!

"Covenant? What's the Covenant? Bah, it doesn't matter. If any damn aliens try and mess with humans, we'll give them their money's worth. Besides, they'd never be able to get past Reach. It's unconquerable!"

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:25 am
VampireSenshi says...

Paradox couldn't help but laugh,

"We'll see." he muttered under his breath.
<YWS>
<NE1>

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:29 am
NicholasStone says...

This guy doubted Reach? Oh well. I didn't care. Shows what he knows. Then again, didn't he say he had been to all times? Now that scared me.

"Say, have you met my A.I., Charlie? He's the one that led me to you."

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:31 am
VampireSenshi says...

"Paradox ruffled his hand through his hair? Is that so? May I meet this Charlie?"
<YWS>
<NE1>

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:34 am
NicholasStone says...

I turned on Charlie. His holographic image shot out. It seemed overjoyed to see Paradox.

"Hello, creator!" He said giddily. "Do you remember me? I was one of the first prototype A.I.'s! You created my personality chip!"

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:38 am
VampireSenshi says...

Paradox searched for a memory,

Yes! I remember now!

"Oh Hello! I do remember you now! Look at you you've grown! Oh wait, A.I.'s don't grow. Excuse me, so Charlie. How is Dr. Halsey doing?"
<YWS>
<NE1>

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:41 am
NicholasStone says...

"You've been gone a while, sir." He said. "Dr. Hasley has been dead for a while.

30 Reviews

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:44 am
VampireSenshi says...

"Oh! That's so sad." He said,

"I thought she survived until after the Fall of -" he stopped

"Ha! I stopped myself that time!" he said

"Such a sad occurrence, let me verify the year. Charlie; are you familiar with the Cole Protocol? " he asked the holographic A.I.
<YWS>
<NE1>

Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:51 am
NicholasStone says...

*Uh, I'm not, but I'm sure Charlie is.*

"Of course sir, but let me correct my previous statement." Charlie said. "The Dr. is not technically dead, but missing. Or more simply, we just haven't gotten information about her in a while. Last we heard, she was missing."

When one is highly alert to language, then nearly everything begs to be a poem.
— James Tate