z

Young Writers Society

Trouble in Gotham City (Started)

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:15 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Gotham City has been under the protection for many years, by the dark knight, Bruce Wayne; AKA Batman. But now, the Joker has another evil scheme which could change Gotham forever. But that isn't the end it, Two-Face is gathering a group of super-villains to take Gotham by force, whose plan might outweigh the threat that even the Joker poses. Not only that, but The Batman is thought to be dead, missing for over a year now. So now, the ex-boy wonder, Nightwing, must step up to take his teachers place. With support, will Nightwing be able to stop Two-Face and the Joker without of his mentor, the Dark Knight? And even if he can, will Gotham be the same?

Choose your side, but use ready existing Batman characters. You can choose what style to do them in, but stick to their character. Please PM me profiles before you post them, just so I can check it works, thanks :)

So that's the story, and the rules are as following:
No trolling
No excessive swearing
No sex
If you reserve a space (which you MUST do) stay commited and PM the profile, no dropping out before it has begun.

As mentioned there are three teams, and we need AT LEAST four on each:

Heroes:
Nightwing (DarknecrosisX)
Batgirl (Redfang18)
Simon Dark (Shadowlight)
Catwoman (SisterItaly)
For those who choose characters to go on the heroes, they can be villains in origin but it has to be plausible for them to work with the Batman. Eg. M.r Freeze, Catwoman, e.t.c

Villains:
Two-Face (DarknecrosisX)
The Huntress (Betheny)
Killer Croc (TyrantOfWar)
The Riddler (Camuleaus)

Joker's Gang:
The Joker (Crow 29)
Harley Quinn (Leahwierd)
Mad Hatter (BadlyDrawnLightening)
Scarecrow (BadlyDrawnLightening)

Join if you're interested! DNX :J
Last edited by DarknecrosisX on Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:56 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Under guises of jovial chatter;
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:51 pm
Redfang18 says...

Dibs on Batgirl.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:56 pm
Betheny says...

Reserving The Huntress :)
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:19 pm
Crow29 says...

As it says, I will be the Joker. :smt003 This will be fun...
Ps: can't think of a better storybooker to play Harley Quinn than Leahweird! You must be on every storybook I'm in, clearly you stalk me and my Jokery awesomeness ;)
At the end of the day, when the sun is gone and the light is lost, the shadows will play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV9IJVoFR_Q

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:24 pm
Shadowlight says...

Reserving Simon Dark...

(edit)
I'm revising his profile quite a bit as I found an amazing website with all sorts of new tidbits and jazzy stuff.
I'll re-post him when I'm done.
Last edited by Shadowlight on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:51 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

136 Reviews

Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 pm
Leahweird says...

@Crow29
<3 It's not my fault you keep showing up in awesome storybooks. This is going to be epic.

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:25 pm
SisterItaly says...

Name: Selina Kyle (AKA Cat Woman)

Allegiance: The Batman, Gotham city. Besides that, Selina is pretty independant and keeps to herself.
Appearance:
Spoiler! :
ImageImage

Personality: Selina is detached from the world and isn’t quite sure of her own moral compass. She’s a bit of an anti hero. If you tell Selina she can’t do something she will go out of her way to do it and she’ll do it wonderfully. This includes stealing things-- if you tell her something is heavily guarded she’ll feel like she has to steal it. This doesn’t stop her from nabbing something shiny or snatching something with a cat motif while she’s prowling the night streets.

However, she’ll always drop what she’s doing if she hears a call for help. She’s never been able to resist her hero complex (Or the chance to see the Batman.) Besides, where there is a call for help there is almost always a fight. Selina could never turn down a fight, as long as she isn’t the first to swing.

She’s known as a bit of a flirt, and even more known as a pervert.

Flaws: Detached from others, doesn’t like to accept help, quick to anger, doesn’t always think before acting.

Skills/special abilities: Cat like agility, cat like senses, amazing stealth, catlike speed.

History: Selina Kyle's early life was defined by tragedy. When she was just a girl, her brutalized mother Maria committed suicide and her violent father Brian drank himself to death not long after. Separated from her younger sister Magdalena and remanded to the Sprang Hall Juvenile Detention Center, an abusive state home for orphaned or delinquent girls, she opted instead to take her chances on the streets of Gotham City.

Amid the crime and corruption of the poverty-stricken East End district, she survived through petty theft. Sharp wits and an amazing natural skill as a gymnast led to her becoming the slickest cat burglar the Gotham City Police Department had ever dealt with. To protect herself, she studied martial arts. Later ex-heavyweight champ Ted Grant (Wildcat) taught her boxing. For a time, she was the most accomplished thief nobody knew. She was also one of the most generous, spreading her ill-gotten gains among the downtrodden and destitute of the East End.

She would have continued to rob with impunity if not for the Batman. Spying the Caped Crusader from her window on one of his first outings, she watched him in action and was suitably inspired to take up her own costume when prowling the Gotham night.

Up For Love? Sure? I wish you luck. She has a bit of a thing for the Batman.

Other:
Last edited by SisterItaly on Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

67 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:39 am
DarknecrosisX says...

To Betheny, which huntress? bronze-age or golden-age.

P.s Bronze age=good
Gold age=bad

Thanks DNX :J
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

28 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:09 am
Betheny says...

Golden age please, bad guys for the win
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

67 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:18 am
DarknecrosisX says...

Cool, Pm me your profile. Thanks!

DNX :J
Laments of passion
Obstructed by fear.
Incredulous hopes
Steadily feasting away-
Eating away at my heart.

136 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:46 pm
Leahweird says...

Name: Harley Quinn (also known as Dr. Harleen Frances Quinzel)

Appearance:

Spoiler! :
Personality: Energetic, bubbly, and cute, but watch out if you get her angry. She can be cruel and vengeful. Harley is almost as crazy as the Joker himself, who she is utterly obsessed with. She tends to take as immediate dislike to anything that threatens their “relationship”. She’s willing to do literally anything for “Mr. J”.

Powers: Thanks to a serum she got from Poison Ivy (her one true friend), Harley is immune to toxins and poisons. She is also slightly faster and more agile than your average human.
She also has a love of disguises and weird guns.

History: Once a promising psychoanalyst, Harley Quinn developed a strange interest in one of the inmates of Arkham Asylum (3 guesses who, and the first two don’t count). After much pleading she was allowed to actually meet him. She fell madly in love and soon helped him break out. She threw herself into the Harley Quinn persona and has been his devoted sidekick and on/off girlfriend ever since.

Edit: Updated pic to match the grittier style. They have some cool things on the internet.
Last edited by Leahweird on Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:08 pm
Redfang18 says...

Profile's been approved.

Name: Batgirl (real name is Barbra Gordon, unknown to heroes and villians alike)
Appearance:
Spoiler! :
As Batgirl Image

Spoiler! :
As her true identity when off duty Image

Personality: A tough girl when duty calls, but the bookish type of person off duty. When called in by Batman, villians don't know where or when she'll strike. During the day, she's often seen in a library with her hair in a bun. Even during the day or on duty, she's very protective of her true identity.
Powers: She has an arsnel of weapons and is not afraid to use any of them when the occasion calls for it. She's also got a utility belt similar to that of Batman, gadgets and all. Also a skilled martial artist and an outstanding acrobat, trained by Batman himself. Believe it or not, she's at a genius-level of intelligence and has a photographic memory. She's also a skilled computer hacker.
History: Daughter of Commissioner James Gordon. How she came up with her hero-persona remains a complete mystery, even for Batman. The latter taught her every martial art he knew and she often fought by his side. She's a librarian by day and crime-fight by night.
Last edited by Redfang18 on Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

136 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:37 pm
Leahweird says...

Hey, can we have the hyenas? I think it would be fun to have the hyenas.

28 Reviews

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:57 pm
Betheny says...

Name: The Huntress (Paula Brooks)
Rank: An antagonist, not strictly a 'villian' in the usual sense
Allegiance: Herself

Appearance: (at the bottom)

Personality: She is very proud and isn't one to second guess herself, she looks out for herself and might help you if there's something in it for her but otherwise you're on your own. Can be very sarcastic and snarky but deep down she's just a lonely girl who misses her parents. If you can get through her facade then what you'll find is actually a rather sweet, albeit strange, girl.

Skills/special abilities: She was trained in hand to hand combat and excells in archery

History: See modern age, only after she let Mandragora die she went and became huntress following the likes of catwoman in crime sprees from time to time. http://www.comicvine.com/huntress/29-1690/

Up For Love?: Let's see if you can brake through her mask first, if you can then she's open for a relation ship

Other: If you've ever seen Smallville, imagine Huntress using one of Green Arrow's bows.
Attachments
huntress.jpg
huntress.jpg (367.03 KiB) Viewed 255 times

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality