z

Young Writers Society

The Devil's Gates (Started)

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:16 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

Oh nevermind. Skinsy said she could open up more spots. So yay, I'm taking female human! :]
Last edited by Jas on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Fri Dec 02, 2011 1:31 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

*CHANGED* I am now the Devil : )) and, I changed her name too :)

Name:
Morrisa Dare
She looks 16, but she's actually hundreds of years old.
Gender (try to keep the boy/girl ratio even)
Girl
Species:
The Devil *evil noise*

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

She looks exactly like this girl. Dyed red hair, pale skin and she's a big fan of flowers in her hair, big sunglasses and red lipstick. She's 5'3, and has a good body for a 16 year old. Basically perfect body type.She always is wearing a leather jacket, her favorite pair of sunglasses, a black flower in her hair, her favorite pair of lace up boots,
Spoiler! :

a black tee shirt and jeans with zippers on the side. She's never seen without her sunglasses on, because if she was, you'd see that her eyes are actually flames that could burn you to death.

Personality:
She's cold hearted and mean. Arryn cares for nobody, except herself.
When you see her, you're first struck by how pretty she is. Everything about her draws you in. (Temptation) She can manipulate you to do anything she wants you to do, and gets very angry when you have the mind power to overcome it. She has a very strong temper, that's as bright as her red hair, and it never goes away. You say one thing out of line to her, and you'll find yourself engulfed in flames. She can be calm one second, and screaming the next second. No one can understand her because she's so randomly crazy. She doesn't go anywhere without her sunglasses because of her eyes that have flames, but if you make her mad, she'll take them off and kill you. She doesn't trust many people many things. Living or dead. She's taught herself to be wary of everything. Including things like boulders and trees.

When she was alive, she had a disorder which caused her to be afraid of everything. She still has it, though over the years she has become very good at hiding it. You can't have a devil who is afraid of things. Sometimes, her disorder is a blessing. She takes apart all battle plans because she's afraid of failing. But other times, it's a curse. She has panic attacks all the time about plans going arwire, but because she doesn't want to seem weak, she hides them. When she locks herself in her tower, (Yes, the devil lives in a secret, dark castle on the edge of the River Styx... I'm kind of joking... Not really.) She tells everyone she's doing dastardly deeds, when really she's rolling around because she's so afraid of what is to come.

History:

The Devil lived a regular life. Then when she died, she went to Heaven, but then found out there was a job opening for a new devil in Hell. She got really excited and changed her whole image to fit around that, and landed the top job. She deleted her old self, but there are still remnants of her in her Devil personality. Like how afraid she is of everything. She tries to hide it, but if you work with her on a daily basis, you know how hard it is for her to keep going. That's why her assistants usually end up engulfed in flames before they've been working for more than a few months.

History before dying:
Up to when she was twelve, her life was pretty normal. Then, after her twelfth birthday, her older sister died in a tragic carcrash. The carcrash also killed her father, and her sister's best friend. A few months after that, Arryn had to be taken to the doctor for her disorder. The doctor put her on medication, but she had to be forced to take it, she hated it. A month after she'd been put on the meds, her brother found out she wasn't taking them. He convinced her to take them, just for him. Basically, she lives for him. Her brother was the only one she talked to after her sister's death. She pushed all her friends out, and when she tried to make new ones, when they found out about her disorder,they acted differently. When her brother graduated high school, he convinced his mother to let him homeschool Arryn. He homeschooled her from seventh grade on. She died from a new medicine her doctor put her on to which she was allergic. She's only been dead a few hundred years.

Up For Love:
Well, if you want to fall in love with the Devil, go ahead. She's straight. Maybe you can switch her back to her old ways?

Other:
She has an dog named Thantos. The dog is very adorable, but don't make it mad :smt074 :smt077 :smt096
Last edited by LadySpark on Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:58 pm
Justagirl says...

Spoiler! :
Hey, I know it looks full ('cept for the Devil) but can I join? I know you said you can open up extra spots... PM me if I can't, please ;)

Name: Daniel Schille

Gender Male

Species: Guardian Angel

Appearance: Daniel looks like a kid that would keep to himself, and when he was alive, he did. He's 5' 9" and tan-skinned and is seen in a dark t-shirt, jeans, and black converse. He wears a silver charm on a dark necklace that lays between his collar bone. He doesn't really know why but his mother gave it to him when he was four and he's worn it since then. He has dark, dark blue eyes that can be a little unnerving and a thin face. He has thick, dark eyebrows and dark brown hair cut shaggily that goes just past his ears.
Spoiler! :

Personality: Daniel is a very serious angel but has ADHD. He usually can't sit still or focus on anything for long but expects other people to. When he very occasionally does focus on something for longer than thirty seconds he can form great plans or advice, it all depends what he's focusing on...
He gets really annoyed if you don't listen when he's talking even though he doesn't always pay attention when you're speaking. He's not very good at communicating his feelings.

History: Daniel and his parents moved from Spain to England very suddenly when he was six. They immediately tried to forget everything that they'd had when they lived there and, although he didn't know why he should, he did too.
As he grew up he didn't have many friends except for one boy named Charles that he hung out with a few days of the week after school until Charles moved to a different part of the UK at the end of seventh grade. After that Daniel settled into a life of silence and invisibility. The only people who really knew him were his parents and that was only because he was their son.
He didn't care for people that much but his parents and guidance counselors at school tried to talk to him. He always responded to their efforts indifferently so they just gave up after a while.
Daniel and his parents were killed in a car crash on the way to the English countryside for a weekend vacation.

Up For Love: Yup.

Other: When he was eight he got a Magic 8 Ball that he brought with him everywhere until it was knocked out of his hand at a train station when he was eleven and broke. He always missed it but never told anyone how he did. Sometimes when he's spacing out he remembers it and is always wishing he had another.

He also speaks a tiny bit of Spanish, what he can remember from when he lived in Spain.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:11 am
View Likes
Jas says...

Name: Alice Rodawn

Gender Girl

Species: Human

Power: She can tell when, where and how people have or will die if she touches them. People's deaths come to her in a scene in her head as soon as she directly comes in contact with someone. She only got this "power" after her mother died.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's brilliant but depressed. She's tired of life, tired of seeing death whenever she touches anyone, tired of having to wear gloves in the summer and she's tired of never becoming close to anyone. She is quiet and hesitant to meet new people. She doesn't like touching people, doesn't like being around people much, doesn't like anything much except for long walks with her sketchbook. She used to like immersing herself in quadratic equations and the limits of infinity and Hamlet and the Thirty Years War, but it became to much and she knew too much and she had to stop. She has her mother's beauty, her father's smarts, her older brother's quietness and her younger sister's naivety and it hurts her so much to know that she is a living portrait of a dead family.

History: (A short summary) All her life, Alice has been over-shadowed by death. First her older brother in a car accident when she was 10 and he was fifteen. Then her father died of pancreatic cancer. The next year, her younger sister, only three years old, died of leukemia. Two years pass and her life begins to calm down, when one day after coming home from a track meet, she finds her mother asleep on the living room couch with several empty bottles of prescription pills laying around her. That was the last funeral Alice agreed to attend. Growing up in a tight-knit family community in Maryland, Alice didn't have the chance to escape the pitying stares and condolences that seemed to follow her wherever she went. She went to live with her extremely rich distant aunt in an incredible three-acre estate in California. California was was neither pleasant nor unpleasant but Alice decided to apply out of the country for college. She has a genius IQ, received a perfect score on her SAT's and ACT's, has gotten straight A's all her life and has an abundance of extracurriculars. She applied to Cambridge, Oxford, two schools in Australia, a school in Switzerland and two in France and was accepted into all of them. She traveled to England and begun her first semester at Oxford before becoming depressed and stressed at the amount of work and quite simply, left. She traveled to London and has used tuition money sent monthly by her Aunt to afford a nice apartment there. Alice spends most days with a sketch book, wandering through streets, drawing. She takes no medication and sees no shrink but finds the small cafe down the block with comfy sofas and soft, classical music to be the best therapy possible.

Up For Love: Depends who comes along. She clearly will not be flirting with every guy who comes near her but if the right person comes along...

Other: She loves to bake but she's horrible at it- her brownies come out like cake, her cake comes out sludgy, her cookies are always burning- but it's something she loves and will not give up.
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:21 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Claiming the last Guardian Angel please!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:10 pm
Iggy says...

Name: Ronald "Ronnie" Haze.

Gender Boy.

Species: Guardian angel.

Power: N/A.

Appearance: *see attachment* He dresses as what humans now call "emo" or "goth", though he'd kill you if you called him that. Sure, he has shaggy brown hair falling into his chiseled face and hiding one of his eyes, leaving the other bright blue-green wonder to fix you with a determined and dazzling glare. He has snake bites, which are piercing at both sides of his lower lips. He stands at 5'8'' and is very light and tough built. He may not look like it, but he's very strong and fast. And his wings? Oh, boy. His wings are the brightest of white, highly arched and curved. They're roughly six inches in width and 3'4'' in height. Glorious and elegant, they dazzle everyone. Yes, you fall in love with him upon first glance. He just has that charm.

Personality: Ronnie is.. intricate. It's really hard to describe him. He's mysterious and quiet, wise and gorgeous. He affects those around his with his charm and purity. He's exactly what he is, an angel. He helps people in every way he can, though he doesn't let them help him. If he's upset, he doesn't show it. He lacks self-confidence; in fact, he hates himself. He thinks he's a no-good stupid and worthless angel who, excuse me, fucked up in life. He's extremely thankful to be in heaven, for he believes he was gives a second chance in life, or, death..? Eh, you get my point.

History: Ronnie had a terrible childhood. His mother died while giving birth to him and his father is a drunk who blamed him for his mother's death. He grew up with the impression that he was a killer, a demon who shouldn't have been born. His father hated him, just absolutely hated him. He was beaten every week, every day, every hour? How many times? Lord, he lost count. His entire life.. can you possible imagine? No. No you can't. No, it wasn't pleasant. It was cruel, cruel and unusual. He ended up in the hospital once a year, was absent from school at least twenty times a year, and was knocked unconscious once a month when his father was really, really drunk. So, why? Why didn't he run away? Ronnie believed he could save his father, who he loved more than anything. It's sad. So sad. His father was the only family he had, and he believed he could change for his father, become a better person. He tried everything in the book, every last thing, to redeem himself to his dad. But nothing worked. Nothing. His father hated him. Absolutely hated him. Nothing Ronnie could do or say could change his mind. One day, when Ronnie was seventeen and nearing the end of his senior year, when he could finally move out and leave this hell behind, disaster struck. His father was out for the until three a.m. at God-knows-where. Ronnie was having a heart attack, pacing and shaking with fear; he was beyond worried about his dad. Finally, the drunk comes staggering through the door, wasted past the point where it was just unhealthy. Ronnie -acting stupidly and worriedly, much like a scared parent worrying for their child - jumped his father's bones and started yelling at him for being out so late. He let it all out, how scared he was, how much he loved and cared for his father, and how furious he was. His father retaliated by yelling back, telling Ronnie exactly what he thought. What he said just broke Ronnie, inside and out. He said Ronnie was a piece of shit who killed his mother and deserved to die, that no one gave a damn about him, that he was useless and unwanted and he needed to die. Now. Ronnie stared at his is disbelief, fighting back tears. He knew his father hated when he showed weakness. But his father saw it anyways and roared for him to leave. Now. He took a knife and stabbed Ronnie in the arm and chased him outside into the busy street, where Ronnie ran into a moving car and was hit. And he died.. Sad, isn't it? </3

Up For Love: Sure, why not? Bisexual, leans both ways, Crooked line, yo'~

Other: I'm terrible. Mwhahaha. He's sexy. ilikehisface.
Attachments
Yumx2.jpg
Yumx2.jpg (5.88 KiB) Viewed 216 times
YUM♥.jpg
YUM♥.jpg (11.78 KiB) Viewed 216 times
Last edited by Iggy on Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Lewis Carroll

933 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:12 pm
Iggy says...

*double post, my bad* x3
Last edited by Iggy on Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Lewis Carroll

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:01 am
View Likes
Calligraphy says...

Eva Lula Lade

I stood their - feet slightly apart, hands in front of me. All six of them were there: April, Alex, Ronnie, Casimaro, Mara, and Daniel. I took a deep breath in. Had I chosen the right ones? The angels themselves were fine; it was the humans they were paired with I was still doubtful of. But I had to go through with it. I had planned for this day for years, even though I wished that it hadn't come. I met each of their eyes in turn and then started to talk with no plan of what to say in mind.

"Well, I'm sure you're wondering why you are all here. It isn't that complicated really, I've brought you here because you are six of the best guardian angles we have. I mean, it has been harder to get into this unit of the angels for years with all the humans just keeling over. Guardian angles have been retiring left and right so the new angles have a slim chance of getting the privilege to guard a human. It didn't used to be a problem when the humans population was increasing as you all know.

But Morrisa Dare has gone too far this time. She can't believe we will just let her sneak her little fingers into our world without notice. It is outrages that she thinks by increasing the numbers just a few times a day we wouldn't stop her. I'll be damned if we don't do something to wipe the little smirk of her face soon. So, I have decided that we must let the ignorant humans in. Of course, the governments already know, but they wouldn't be able to help us anyway. I have selected your humans as the six to help. They may not seem like heroes now, but they each have qualities which will help them. I actually disagree with most humans; I do think can get sh*t to shine when you put it on a silver platter. Plus.... I've also decided that you can give them some 'talents' to help them on their way. You'll need to let them know of our mission tonight. So we can get started.

You must guide them to hell's gates in Beijing and fight the little b*tch's army. The rest of the angels, don't know about our plans yet, but they'll figure it out soon enough. Because I'm sure they will be begging to give you some help once you get there!"

I looked at them. They all had kept their faces fairly blank, but now I wondered if they would show their feelings. I wasn't really scared of what their response could be, but since none of them yelled out 'you've got to be sh*ttin' me!' I guessed they wanted to get off.

"Go on now, scat!" I said turning away.

Sorry this was sort of a crappy post.. I didn't want to say anything about the angels reactions, because I don't know how to write for all of your characters yet. I'll post for my other character tomorrow night, after the post for the devil has been done!

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:34 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Morrisa Dare

I am the powerful Lordess of all the world! I think. No good. It's too... overdone.
I rule death like Logan Lerman rules hotness!
"What am I thinking?" I say out loud, staring at the piece of paper in front of me. "It shouldn't be this hard to write a letter. Umm..." I lean back into my black desk chair, twirling my quill in my fingers. It was quiet. Everything was going as planned. No human deaths had occurred for a minute, this was our lag time. They'd show up in the evening rush soon enough, and I would be swimming in paperwork, signing the deceased soul's records. "How about... I AM LORD VOLEMORT. Good ring. But also overdone. J.K. Rowling stole my thunder, I must say..."
A knock comes to my door. I sit up straight and shout in an all powerful commanding voice "Come in."
"Ms. Devil," said my assistant, Perkins, "Liccia here to see you."
"Send her in, Perkins." I just LOVE saying that! It rhymes.
"Morrisa." says Licca, her white blond hair is pulled up in a messy bun, and her pale skin could rival mine.
"Licca." I hate this girl. It is in her best interests to overthrow me, but no way is that happening. "What is it you want?"
"I want you to explain to me why dead souls are not arriving right at this moment! I thought you said that the death toll was to be raised even higher this very night."
"Ah," I say, waving my hand at my window. "But, dear Licca, it's our pre-evening lag. I was just writing a letter."
"Well, carry on. I won't bother you." She sat down in the chair across my desk and looked at me. It was very bothering indeed.
I sit down and stare at the paper. I really had to come up with a good catch phrase.
I read over what I had so far.

Greetings!
How are you? How are things up in heaven? Are you sure you won't join me down here, because, you know I'm---

And nothing. How was I supposed to finish this letter. 'All powerful Lordess of the universe?' It was mediocre, but it would have to do.

Greetings!
How are you? How are things up in Heaven? Are you sure you won't join me down here, because as you know I'm the All powerful Lordess of the universe!
Love,
Your daughter.

Sorry for the horrible post. But I loved writing it! She does need a good catch phrase...
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

Random avatar

Reviews: 275
Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:03 pm
View Likes
Calligraphy says...

April Anne Zappa

I watched as Ollie took a swig of his milk. He would have the whole carton finished before he even put away the rest of the groceries. I wondered when he would notice me standing there; probably not anytime soon, but I couldn't bring myself to interrupt him. He was fun to watch walking about the kitchen in the flat. I was proud of him for being so good lately. He hadn't had a panic attack for a week now even though he was alone almost every day. Finally, I realized he was going to stay oblivious of my presence.

"Hey" I said casually walking up to the counter so he couldn't miss me. He froze for a moment at the fridge. All of his hyperness was gone for a moment, but then he turned around and it was back.

"Who are you?" He asked casually. I suppose I couldn't really have expected different. I wasn't a man like Alex; I was just a little girl. Ollie would probably be more concerned if I had someone looking for me than about me being a threat.

"My names April." I said hopping up onto the counter. I dangled my legs off of thumping my heels against the cupboard.

"And?"

"And, I'm your guardian angel."

"Yeah?" he questioned, and I would have thought he was smirking at me if I hadn't been watching him for 18 years. "Sweet." I looked at him for a moment wondering why he wasn't freaking out. He hadn't jumped back or yelled at me to get out of his flat. But maybe he thought I wasn't real so he wasn't freaking out.

"Yeah, it is really kind of funny - me, a 12 year old, protecting an 18 year old like yourself. Hilarious actually. Stealing your milk, trying on all your designer clothes."

"Is that why my milk always disappears so fast? I'm always running out!" I laughed at his words.

"Nah, I'm allergic to the stuff. I drink my coffee black." I paused wondering how to tell him. I had to make it sound fun or else he wouldn't be interested.

"But I'm here to ask you about something, or to tell you something actually. Angles don't just get to show themselves to anyone. It has to be for a reason. Like right before something really good is supposed to happen. But this time, us angles, we need your help. The devil (she's a redhead chick, Morrisa) is once again trying to get into the world. But we have to stop her. So, think of it as Mario fighting Bowser or something. Follow so far?"

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:02 pm
FruityBickel says...

Noah Jeans

I widened my brush strokes, occasionally dipping my brush into my pallet again to refill it of the rich crimson red I was using to paint the sword in my painting. Through the thick walls of my basement room, I could hear the muffled cursing of my Uncle. I ignored him and continued my painting.
The alternative rock music I was listening to suddenly disappeared, and an eerily beautiful sound of the violin filled my room. I paused in my strokes and looked around, glancing at my radio. Dropping my paint brush and pallet, I went over to my radio and began to fiddle with it, yet the violin sound only grew louder. And louder. It reverberated off my bedroom walls, filling my entire room. I glanced around, everywhere, trying to pinpoint where it was coming from. But I couldn't. It seemed to be coming from everywhere, in all directions. I murmured swears under my breath as I fiddled with my radio more, wishing earnestly for the eerie music to go away-one part of me actually falling under it's spell, loving the way it sounded so heavenly.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:38 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Alex Smith

I played my violin as I sat there on the boy's bed. A boy blessed with the gift of art. Why force an artistic child to do music when he can share his passion with something he loves best? I played as many hymms as I possibly knew since I went to heaven. I played loudly until the boy's uncle cursed, saying the Almighty God's name in vain. I stopped playing and said lowly, "No one should be cursing like that in the presence of the Almighty's holy servant."
The boy jolted and asked, "How did you get in here?"
I answered kindly, "I've been here for a while, minding my own business until it was time to show up." I put my violin away in a case. "First things first, the name's Smith. Alex Smith. I'm what you people call a guardian angel. To be specific, I'm your guardian angel." I let my feet dangle from his bed. "I have a mission that the Head Angel sent me to do. There's a gate in Beijing that needs to stay closed. The one all call the devil is trying to escape into the earth once more. I was sent to bring you to Beijing so the gate will never be opened."
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:54 pm
FruityBickel says...

Noah Jeans

I arched an eyebrow. "Guardian angel. Right." I muttered. "And are you sure you're not James Bond?" I picked my pallet back up again and went back to my painting of the golden armored, blue-plumed knight fighting a shadow beast with his crimson sword Jasik. "By the way, you're a good violin player." I told him, not taking my eyes off my painting. "But do guardian angels really even exist? I mean, come on, scientifically there isn't supposed to be any possible way for a dead being to come back to earth as an angel." I finished painting in the sword, rinsed my brush and worked on the blue plume next. "If you're an angel, then prove it. Grow wings or something. And even if you are a guardian angel, how the hell did you become my guardian angel?" I still didn't take my eyes off my painting as I waited for him to respond, thinning my strokes so as not to paint outside my drawn in lines.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:05 am
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Alex Smith

I bit my tongue when the boy cursed. Oh Father in heaven, forgive him for he knows not what he does. I took out my violin and bow, then played some more hymms from memory. He wants proof, I'll give him proof. After a while, I recited the Lord's Prayer in Latin. Afterwards, I said, "Only an angel knows how to speak the Lord's Prayer in Latin. If I'd known better, I'd say you must be of poor faith. Heaven is real. I know so because I've been there. When I was alive, I believed I would go to heaven and rejoin my earthly father. I was murdered here in London, but I suppose you never heard of the Smith family. A family once of great faith, but then the new head of the household shown hellish hatred towards the eldest of the family. That child was me." I decided to challenge him. "If you have faith in God Almighty like I do, tell me the Ten Commandments and the Lord's Prayer in English." I sat there, waiting with patience.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:40 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

SparkOfDoubt- OMIGOSHLoganLermanreference! :3

Mara Finch- Guardian Angel

It's about damn time we get to do something exciting.

Seriously, I haven't had any fun since that party back in '28 and I really want to attend a fun event that doesn't make me sound older than dirt. Even if I was. Morissa Dare, the devil of all devils, was pushing her limits. It was clear, the way Eva Lula put it. I knew it wasn't for fun... death wasn't fun, I know, but I can't think about it. I think I'd be to scared.

Wings folded out I flew over the college where Calvin studied. I had to find a way to explain it to him so that his technical brain could understand it. I wanted him to help: not lock me up in an insane asylum. Well, it's a good thing they don't have those anymore, I guess. Still, it was a pileload to load on, even for me, and I wanted to make sure he'd help. Landing in front of the London Buisiness School- Ugh, Buisiness- I looked myself over. Jeans, sweater, yellow scarf... I took my sunglasses off and stuck them in my pocket. There. I already looked normal and unsuspicious, but minus the gaudy sunglasses I could probably blend in with anyone at this school.

I walked up the stairwells, avoiding the brush of people aganist my shoulder- they couldn't see me anyways- and went towards where I knew Calvin's room was. He was studying for some exam or another- my Guardian Angel senses, although it sounds incredibly stupid, knew exactly what he was doing. It would be kinda creepy, if I wasn't used to it.

I stopped in front of Calvin's room, lifted up my small hand, and knocked. There was no response immediatly, and I smiled. I knew my human well. I knocked again. I heard shuffling across the floor as Calvin reached for the door knob. I hope I'm doing this right... His face wore a look of suprise when he saw me- he doesn't get many female guests.

"Hi!" I greet him with a wide smile and a casual tone, like I did this every day of his life. "I'm Mara Finch. Can I come in?"

The question is merely for polieteness, to try and soften the blow I'm about to deliever. I don't wait for his response, instead touching his shoulder lightly and walking into his room. Trying to hide my smile from him, I take a spot on one of the couches in the dorm. This could be fun. I've never revealed myself to a human before. Especially not my human. He stares at me for a second, probably unsure what to make of me.

"Who are you? Are you the girlfriend of my roommate? He's not avaliable right now..."

"No, Calvin, I'm not here for your boring roomie." I curse in my mind for using his name. Now I'm probably just gonna have to come out and just say it. Crap. "And... And... I'm..." I paused. "I know it'll sound ridiculous, but you need to believe me. I'm your guardian angel."
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge