z

Young Writers Society

Drallion *closed and started*

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:44 pm
Shadowlight says...

Hello everyone,

I am getting so excited for this Storybook!

We are still waiting for some profiles to be written/finished, and with NANO still in full swing we won't be starting for a little bit (I'm not sure the exact date so if I don't have anything up within a week you all can start hounding me. :) )

But even if we don't start right away, I would still like everyone to join the DT (It's linked in the main post.)
we can be plotting and developing ideas and twists and all that good stuff!

So, PLEASE join the DT! :D
thanks! <33

~Shady
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:23 pm
FadingBrighter says...

Name:-Addilyne, otherwise known as little Addie by her two older brothers.
Rank-Princess
Allegiance:-Addilyne owes allegiance to her two older brothers and her people.

Appearance:-Addie has long blonde hair, alabaster skin, and stunning blue eyes. She's of medium height, but isn't small in any sense. She likes to wear her hair up in a bun, and always wears the simplest of gowns(much to her fathers discontent).
Spoiler! :

Personality: (Include likes and dislikes, strengths and weaknesses. you can do this in points of you prefer)Addie is kind and flamboyant, despite the inner storm that churns within her. She always keeps a smile on her face.
Likes:Addie loves to sit at her window and look out over her snowy kingdom. She also adores balls and good food, and has a tendency to eat a bit more than a lady should, though she never gains a pound. Her favorite pastimes include riding through the snowy landscape on her horse, Bailintin, and walking through the castles indoor gardens.
Dislikes:Addie hates spiders. And the color brown.
Strengths/weaknesses: Each of her strengths are also her weakness. Her kindness, her trust, and her belief in the god in people all make her easy to manipulate, but also make her strong willed. No matter how many times she gets beaten down, she will always stand up again.

Flaws:Her major flaw is her trust. She trusts everyone because of her belief in the good of mankind, which is dangerous in a world on the brink of war. And even when people prove otherwise, she still continues to treat them with kindness.

Skills/special abilities:She is fantastic at fighting horse back. Her brothers taught her how to use the bow and arrow .

History:-Addie is the Daughter of the most recent queen, after the lady was chosen by the king to be his bride after he had divorced his prior wife. Addie's brother was the kings son, after he begot 'mother(who was once one of the queens hand maidens). Her mother left after she got pregnant, and married a young man and had Addie. After the king married Addie's mother, her brother became the heir because he was the kings son by blood. Addie hates the king, and she hates living at the castle. But she has no choice, and must live out her days as a noble lady.
Up For Love?-no
“Omnia mutantur, nihil interit (everything changes, nothing perishes).”
― Ovid, Metamorphoses

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:09 am
Ahnleh says...

Name: Benjamin (Ben)
Rank Prince
Allegiance: His little sister and his country

Appearance: Ben has blonde hair and blue eyes. He is tall and fairly lean, but muscled. He keeps his hair long, at much disgust to his father, but his sister loves it and teases him for it. He doesn't give much thought to how he dresses, but knows how to make himself presentable.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Ben is usually pretty distant to everyone. He sometimes shows a dry kind of sarcasm to his parents, but not often. He laughs a lot and likes to keep things entertaining. He likes to fence and read, reading especially, and he loves his sister dearly. His dislikes aren't very many; at times he very much dislikes his father, but he absolutely hates abuse to anyone, mentally or physically.

Flaws: He sometimes gets distracted from what he should be doing. He tends to daydream and get lost in thought, staring off into space.

Skills/special abilities: He is able to ride horses extremely well and can sword fight and play the piano.

History: He was raised in the castle as a royal son, and spent days at a time learning how to be a ruler. After he had finished his studies for the day, he would escape to the stables and care for the horses. He was punished many times for going there, his father never wanted him to go outside the castle, but he never stopped going. When the new queen and her daughter arrived, he spent less time at the stables and more with his little sister, laughing and playing with her.

Up For Love? Yes, but isn't really a romantic. Wouldn't know how to act and doesn't think about it a lot.
"I have always imagined that Paradise will be some kind of liberty."
~Jorge Luis Borges

1464 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1464
Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:37 am
JabberHut says...

Totally joining last minute. I'm sorry. But! I'm totes excited for this. Like totes. 8D

Name: “Nana” Lana Forsyth
Rank Retired High Priestess of Napurr
Allegiance: Napurr

Appearance: She has long silver/white hair and copper-colored eyes. She looks younger than her age suggests, but this is a trait that runs in the family. Nana’s also of medium height, and she’s often seen carrying a simple staff engulfing a gleaming blue sapphire at the top. This is because her bones have grown weak over the years and her arthritis is horrid now.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Nana’s spunky! This is the grandma everyone wants to have. Nana’s witty, sharp, and quite the tease. One could see her as comic relief as she’s always the joy and entertainment in the room. She likes cats, cats, and cats.

When it comes to royal business, Nana’s not as enthusiastic. In fact, she’s very silent. She’ll still crack a joke once to ease the tension, but she’s clever enough to come up with some reliable plans in regards to what her son, the high priest, decides for the kingdom.

Flaws: Well, she’s old. So her arthritis. But she loves her granddaughter tremendously, often spoiling her despite the high priest telling her to stop. So if anything happened to young Reilana, Nana would be crushed/furious/panicked/emotionally unstable! On the flip side, if anything happened to any of her cats (or any cat, for that matter), Nana’s gonna go beat the culprit down with a royal stick.

Skills/special abilities: Nana’s a genius with herbs and healing. When she was high priestess, it was her duty to know all things healing-wise, even a little bit of magic. However, her healing powers have always been extremely limited and will always be the last resort in any situation. Do not ask Nana, who is now old and thus has a lesser chance of performing her powers well, to heal you with magic.

History: Lana Forsyth had been the high priestess of Napurr for over 30 years. She looked remarkably like her granddaughter Reilana when she was young, and everyone in the kingdom loved her. She married a brave young knight, but his authority was never greater than the authority Lana proved to own. Lana was high priestess, and her husband was a knight.

And yet, she had raised a beautiful family. Three sons! The eldest is now the high priest of Napurr, the other two having gone off into the army. The youngest son died in battle, however, against the Rapugypt kingdom over 20 years ago. The other son is currently in the Napurr military.

Currently, Nana’s eldest son is high priest, who had married a young woman. Nana passed the “crown,” so to speak, to her son. Now, for twenty years, she’s been living with her family as a mother, grandmother, and retired High Priestess.

Up For Love? No, she’s not. But she’s a tease, so she’ll tease all the young boys lykwoah. ;)

Other: She has cats! There are a few running around the palace. There’s one particular black cat named Sachiko who’s constantly with her, usually perched on her shoulder. Sachiko’s a feisty kitty, mischievous, aaand basically the best thing ever. so there.

----

Name: High Priest Seth Forsyth
Rank High Priest of Napurr
Allegiance: Napurr plus various other political relations.

Appearance: Typical blonde-haired, copper-eyed look which runs in his family. He’s muscular, charming, and tall.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Seth is very moral and lives by his own honor code. He’s very firm in his beliefs and will defend himself with the warrior’s spirit he was born with. One would think he was very argumentative with how often he’s debating over issues. This is an advantage he has in many political issues.

But that’s only a minor part of his personality. He’s usually very charming and sweet. He also shares a similar wit that his mother has. He’s very concerned with his kingdom and basically enjoys his position as High Priest.

Unfortunately, he’s against the use of magic. He finds it a cheater’s method, and so Nana has been banned from teaching his daughter any methods of magic or healing.

Flaws: Well, he’s stubborn! It’s very clear who his enemies and friends are. He also shares the same deep care for his family that Nana does, it just doesn’t always show.

Skills/special abilities: He’s a trained swordsman like his brothers. Very much like his father, who was a knight. However, he’s not as good as he once was since he’s High Priest. There’s no time for such shenanigans.

History: Seth grew up as a sheltered boy himself, forced to study and train in a sort of military lifestyle. This would be his father at his best, but Rei did grow into a strong man both mentally and physically as a result.

He still didn’t like his father’s methods, and so he raised his daughter with a much friendlier hand. He’s very protective of her, in fact, and only wants the best he can give her, including that young chap she’s engaged to...

Seth married his wife, Rei, when he was in his late teens. She was a woman he picked up from Tibiiwan while he was travelling with his brothers and the military. He had met her singing in the streets -- a gypsy of sorts. Very beautiful, sweet, and caring. She meant the world to him, and he was completely heartbroken and nearly a changed-man when she went missing. He still wishes with all his heart to find her, but his stubbornness is now more apparent because of losing her.

Up For Love? Well, no. As far as he’s concerned, he’s still married. Some people may think he’s insane and try to convince him his wife’s dead, but he’s too stubborn to believe it.

Other: Wife’s missing/dead, youngest brother died 20 years ago, daughter’s engaged... plus many other possible plot ideas. 8D
I make my own policies.

42 Reviews

Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:55 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

Okay everyone,
This SB is shaping up to look AMAZING!
If you haven't yet joined the DT PLEASE do so now!
All ooc posts will be from now on IN the DT.
We're not starting just yet but soon.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:44 am
Sunshine says...

Hai! I have permission from Shadowlight!

Name: Her royal highness, Basille Marcellaus
Rank Princess of Sunuma
Allegiance: Herself, Sunuma, Her father. (In that order.)

Appearance: Basille has mid-long auburn hair, much like that of her step-mothers- but lighter. She usually wears her hair down- and gets away with it, being the princess of a jungle kingdom. However, when she must be official, she likes it prettily braided. Basille has cool blue eyes of a darker shade, like a sky before a storm. Her pink cheeks and round face may decieve. Her body is that of a warrior princess'- lithe and skinny, but graceful. She doesn't mind dresses, unless they're overly constricting.

Spoiler! :

Personality: Many of her subjects refer to her as 'the Ice Princess.' She seems not to have feelings. She's curt and poliet, erecting a kind of icey power- although they aren't anywhere near snow. Basille is refined, and has a tendancy even to be a bit haughty. Basille keeps herself to herself, but watches everything quietly. She is good at taking things in, being that she's very intelligent and rather strategic. She's good to her people, and seems to know how to solve there problems. Through her slight indifference, kindness can and will shine. She's good to those her need her, but those who don't? Who knows what happens to them?

Basille used to be a bubbly, light and fluffy girl. Once you get to know her, you'll find that resurface occasionally. She has a short of sarcastic, biting sense of humour. Her kind nature as been shoved down, taught only to resurface at need. She truly as evolved into that 'Ice Princess' and doesn't really mind it. She's ambitious, and wants to be remembered for being different. Basille is a fighter, but a different one from the swords-and-knife fighters. Her sharp tongue and eventually fearless wit will get her where she needs to go. Basille is also a superstisous figurehead of her kingdom. She has a lucky rabits foot, doesn't trust black cats, and believes in rituals before battle. Her relantionship with her father is very complicated- as is her feelings about his remarriage.

Likes; Superstitions, books, learning, being in charge, leaving a legacy, her father, being called 'Ice Princess', her step-mother (at most points), and all good cooking. Dislikes; Losing, being treated as nothing, archery, her father (again, mixed relantionship), and... black cats.

Flaws: She's carzy ambitious- she gets it from her father. Hates to loose. Basille thinks she can rule better than her father- but, at the same time, she handicaps that vision by actually loving her father. She can't be social and like it. Bad aim at archery- any long distant fighting, and she's usless.

Skills/special abilities: Strategic, exceptionally intelligent, strong-willed, amazing with a knife, and not bad with a sword.

History: Basille was only six when her mother, the adopted Queen of Sunuma, died. the formerly bubbly, princessy girl was shut down when her mother dissapeared from her life. From there, she bounced between scholars and nannies, swordsmen and garden boys. Her father wasn't awful to her- they had lunch together almost everyday, aided by civilized conversation. However, from the time she was twelve she was skeptical of her fathers rule and lust for women. She thought from that point on that she could make a better ruler.

Up For Love? Yep. Through forced engagement, gain for kingdom or personal self, or just to find true love!

Other: No, don't think so!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

42 Reviews

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:29 pm
View Likes
Shadowlight says...

(Okay, ready? set?... GO!)

Haroun/Rapugyptian palace garden, then his fathers study:

His royal highness, Guardian of the westerners and Lord of the lone oasis- Haroun, with as much dignity as his five years gave him beheld the dreadful sight before his eyes.

his faithful hound Hirah, usually such a well mannered beast, had basely stolen the small child’s painted stick (that went with his hoop) and was chewing it to bits! Haroun let out a small roar of fury and charged the animal, who being at least three times the size and weight of the small boy, only looked up placidly. he wrenched it from her jaws and shook a tiny finger.

“Bad dog Hirah! Very bad, bad, BAD, dog!” Hirah for her part licked his face, stood and wandered a little ways away- so she could doze but still watch her charge.

Haroun tossed the stick away dejectedly and sat on the rim of the shallow lotus pond, and he began to wonder things.
When one is only five years old, and a prince, one has many things to wonder at. Sometimes wonderful things to wonder, or interesting things, or even big and important things. Today for Haroun at least it was a big and important thing, mixed with a little boyish wonderment.

After maybe thirty seconds of fidgeting he jumped to his feet and with Hirah at his heels raced through the halls in search of his father.

Itaeo/his personal study:

The Pharo of Rapugypt sat with his head dejectedly in his hands, rubbing his throbbing temples fitfully. It had been a day of council meetings and political moves in the ever changing game of international chess that was slowly turning to a dangerous situation.

“Oh god.” he groaned, leaning back in the chair and looked about at the mountain of papers, to one in particular. It both filled him with dread and terrified anticipation, the kind that left you feeling nauseous. He picked up the letter, it was worn and slightly ripping along one edge from many times the young king had read it, then thrown it aside.

To our highly esteemed and valiant friend,
I wish to send my most heartfelt and joyous wishes on this most happy of occasions. That our two mighty houses will be joined in such a way, that will ensure the sovereignty and well-being of our two realms, fills me with such a feeling of anticipation I cannot put it into words.

Rapugypt has always been a valued ally to Jaipine that it seems odd now that a alliance like this has never been done, but no longer will our bond be unsure. When you my most esteemed friend and soon son web my beloved daughter the epitome of peace in my soul will be reached.

I pray to the gods that this letter find you in good health and that nothing may cloud your thoughts,My beloved wife sends her greeting and well wishes- we only regret our inability to have followed our daughter on her journey, I would have dearly loved to see Rapugypt from the interior.

Though it may be a great request to make of you, my son, I will ask it of you in the full knowledge that you will do all in your power to do so. When my beloved daughter arrives, i pray you send me message, by a speedy messenger- my heart would rest easier knowing as soon as may be of her safety, not that I doubt you at all my friend! I have only the highest confidence in your person.

Morgandy, my daughter, wished me to send her greetings when next I wrote. And although she will be arriving soon after you receive this letter I wish to honor her request. She Wishes to send you her heartfelt wishes that this alliance is as fruitful as we all wish it to be.

As always my thoughts and hopes are riding west, and I hope peace and prosperity follow both our houses for the new depth of friendship that will bind out houses.

~His most valiant and regal Emperor.

Itaeo threw the letter away with a bitten off curse and rubbed his temples again.

“Long winded old ass.” He muttered under his breath, burying the letter under a stack of papers- as if to hide it both from view as well as thought.

Looking round the room mind a whirl, Itaeo stood up and limped around the room- he had sat still for too long. And a s usual when he paced, he talked to himself- his sister thought is a odd and eccentric habit, but Itaeo really didn’t care.

“Why? Why did I have to agree to this? Good god- what in heavens name was I thinking?! To wed a woman I’ve never laid eyes on. To wed someone now, of all times- I’m not even the marrying kind! I don’t-” A slight noise to his left drew his attention and cut off his thoughts.

Looking up saw what appeared to be a herculean effort on the part of his small son to be stealthy. The young Pharo smiled weakly, but quickly played into the charade and concentrated manfully on looking out the window- at nothing in particular.

Haroun, in all the stealth that a boy of five could muster sneaked nosily across the room, and his clambered into his fathers chair and ducked out of partial sight- grinning like a Cheshire cat at his success. Itaeo steels himself against laughing and turned around.

“Well,” he said- louder than needed, “I guess I should get back to work, heaven knows I have many things to do!” He moved to the chair- in which Haroun was wriggling like an eel in a fit of suppressed giggles, and took up a handful of useless documents. “Well I wonder where Haroun has gotten too? He wasn’t outside when I just checked.” A small fit of giggles, “I bet he’s playing with Aunt Char,” A louder fit of giggles. “Well I better sit down and finish my important work now....” and slowly Itaeo prepared to sit. Suddenly a giggling shriek erupted from behind him and Haroun rocketed out of his seat and latched his small arms around his fathers neck-like a small boyish leech.

“No Daddy-don’t sit on me!” he cried, half strangling his father. Itaeo laughing pulled the boy around to his front and hugged him close.

“Well there you are!”

“Did I surprise you Daddy? Did I??” Haroun looked hopeful, Itaeo grinned.

“Of course you did! I was so surprised, you’re getting to be very good at sneaking about.”

“ I been practicing to get good’er!” the small boy said with a confident shake of his dark head, large soulful eyes suddenly serious- Itaeo felt his heart give a twist.

-So much like your mother...

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:31 am
View Likes
creativemuse1 says...

Seray - Royal sleeping chambers

"What a beautiful day for a walk on the beach. Don't you agree, Tara?" Seray stood next to the open pillared window, softly playing her lute.

Tara, Her Majesty's chamber maid, had walked into the room. Seray could see all of the city including the sea. Seray closed her eyes. She could feel the morning breeze, coming from the sea and beyond, caressing her skin. She could feel the cool air in her soul. The sea and her were one and together, she thought, they could rule the country in peace. Seray succumbed to the painful memories of her husband before the war. The way he kissed her every morning, the way her held her in his arms whenever she was angry or sad, and She remembered the very joy he felt knowing he would become a father twice. Her husband wanted more children but she did not. Seray almost died giving birth to her son. She couldn't leave the country without a ruler.

The call of the sea gulls made her open her eyes and face the present.

"I miss him." She was telling more to herself than to Tara.

She did not forget her maid standing near the door. Now, Seray could see her room better. It seemed to have gotten brighter. Come all fair maidens, we must pray to the gods for our dear loving knights. She sang softly as she plucked her lute. Where is my love? He sent a dove. He sent a message that only read, 'I love you.' But I can still feel you.

She, adruptly, stopped playing the music. Tara was in the corner, enjoying the soft melody of the lute and the sweet sounds of an angel. "Please, Help dress me. I must attend to business. Make sure my children are ready for their lessons."
:)Life is full of hard times and good times. Lift your chin up, Ladies and Gentlemen.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:57 am
gleek456 says...

Elaine Aryam

I made sure to wake up extra early today so I could sneak a ride before me and Darrion's daily lessons. I pulled on my riding boots and peered around the corner, watching out for some guards. I walked outside quietly with no aveil. I smiled to myself and tied my hair in a quick ponytail. I needed to ride a horse. I need to. I ran as fast as I could towards the stables, and unlocked Soleil's gate.

Soleil was my horse, my special horse. She was a white steed with a golden mane and tail. I stroked her mane carefully, because she seemed surprised to see me. I looked towards the door of the stables. Hopefully Darrion was still asleep, or mother was still in her chambers, or... Tara was still with her. I geared Soleil and lead her outside.

The sun was slowly rising, and I could hear birds chirping. The breeze danced with the trees. I smiled at the lovely scene and put my leg over Soleil. I successfully sat up straightand adjusted my boot. With a kick, Soleil burst into a run. I loved this. I loved the wind in my face, the adrenaline, the excitement, the-

"Lady Elaine!"

I pulled on Soleil's reins and turned my head. Tara was standing over the balcony.

"You must get ready! Your lessons my lady, your lessons!" she cried. I exhaled and sighed. I nodded and lead Soleil back to the stables. I wonder how Tara found out I was here. I'm sure that I made my way here as quietly as I could. The only person I told about this was... Darrion. Oh dear, he must've let that slip "accidenatlly". I locked Soleil's gate and stroked her face.

"Maybe next time," I said soothingly. Soleil jerked her head with a neigh. I smiled and ran back to the palace. Tara was waiting there expectantly, hands on her hips.

"Lady Elaine. If you continue this routine, you will gain frown lines. They will damage your appearance," Tara warned.

"Yes, Tara. I know mother would be disappointed also," I said assuringly. "Don't worry. Just to save you time, I'll wake Darrion for you. I'm sure I'll give him one rude awakening."

I gave her a smile before heading off to my chambers.

(I hope this was okay! I was doing this while doing homework, so it may seem rushed.)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:21 am
Sunshine says...

I apologize if I change between first and second person between my posts. I usually do SB's in first, but lately all my stories have been in second. So I'm torn. So excited! <3

Princess Basille of Sunuma- Sunuma Castle, her own chambers

She was Her Royal Highness, Princess Basille Marcellaus, the only heir to the kingdom of Sunuma. Or, so I hoped I was the only heir to Sunuma. With father's most recent lusting around, and with the rumours spreading about the bastards* that ran the castle... one couldn't be sure. I sighed to myself. Wasn't I supposed to making some sort of a dramatic entrance here? A fruitiless dramatic effort, perhaps, but there was no other way I wished to spend my morning. My dramatic efforts ruined by my own dark thoughts, I merely rang for the bell with my usual curt iciness. The maid, Tabatha, pulled on my favorite corset- nicely loose, and simple. I slipped a loose fitting cotton shirt- imported from Rapugypt, thank the gods- and pulled on similarily designed pair of so called 'trousers'. I wasn't going anywhere important, so my clothing showed that today I wanted one thing- to be left alone.

I slipped out of my chamber with quiet grace. I knew that father would be sleeping at this so-called 'ungodly hour.' Raven, the 'so-called step-mother', was probably up and about, most likely at the shooting range. When I got down to the dining hall, I saw that Tabatha had evidently sent for my meal to be prepared. I smiled, just a bit. She knew I didn't like to eat in my room- it made me feel dreadfully pompous. I ate it quickly, practically stuffing in down my throat. There was other things I would rather do than sit around and eat- I wasn't that sort of royalty.

"Your Highness?"

I looked up for my almost bare plate at one of the mail carriers of the castle.

"Yes...?"

"This letter came for your father...would you like to...?"

"Yes. Please give it to me."

The man was evidently wise. He knew that I handled the good majority of business in the castle. My father was to much a lustful warrior, and Raven to much of a wandering one. Though I too was a warrior, my brain often was more a tool than my sword. Father didn't seem to mind. At all. The mail carrier handed me the letter and scurried away. One of the maids took my plate as I gingerly opened the letter. Nothing could've prepared me for what I saw.

To the King of Sunuma;
I am seeking a bride for my eldest son, heir to my throne. Your warrior daughter is rumoured to be both beautiful and intelligent; there is nothing more I would want than to join them in marriage.

I realize Sunuma and Ithrica have not always gotten along. Perhaps the best choice is to join the two countries in marriage. It would be a powerful choice for the both of us: a move that may stop wars, and provide to the poor. The joint would make you powerful; know that before you make your choice. I am sending the other prince; he may be older than the apparent but there are reasons that he is not in line for the throne. He is on a mission of diplomacy for their marriage. I hope you will be courteous to him as if it was my apparent, Benjamin. I will await for your answer.

The King of Ithrica

My heart dropped. Their marriage. I didn't think I would ever... could ever marry. It didn't matter that only Tibiiwan had a female ruler: they would have to make an exception for me. I wouldn't be a figurehead. Even if I did marry, I thought that it would be one of the lower royals of Sunuma: one who would guide me, but never overcome. Ithrica. They were power seekers- they would never go with my image. I considered ripping the letter up when I heard-

"Something wrong?"

Can be anyone...?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Dec 01, 2011 3:13 am
Leahweird says...

Lucius

Riding alongside his retinue, Luc contemplated their imminent arrival at the palace of Sunuma. He really hoped he wouldn’t be turned away at the gate. His father’s letter of intent couldn’t have been sent much sooner than he had set out himself.

This whole mission was a bit rushed. His father really should have gotten some kind of approval before sending an ambassador, and Luc did consider himself an ambassador even if it was unofficial. He was used to doing things unofficially.

Actually, it was nice to actually be sent somewhere for a change, rather than fetched. It would take all of his considerable charm, to mitigate his father’s botched attempt at diplomacy, but he had no doubt that he could do so.

The abruptness still distressed him though. He hadn’t even had a chance to talk to his brother, and that made him suspicious. If Ben had objected to the match, than it would be prudent of the king to make sure Luc didn’t find out in time to intentionally ruin the chances of a marriage alliance happening. Luc hadn’t kept it a secret that what loyalty he had was to Ben over their father. Perhaps that had been a mistake.

He shrugged away the thought. Regrets would only make it harder to concentrate on his goal. Right now he would focus on procuring a bride for his brother. If he could have a little fun doing so, than that was all for the best. These political dealings could be very interesting.

136 Reviews

Reviews: 136
Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:04 am
View Likes
Leahweird says...

Darrion
As the sun streamed through the window of his bedroom, Dary moaned and pulled the covers over his head. He was fully prepared to fight his way back to dreamland, but the task proved impossible when someone ripped the blankets away from him.

“Get up!”

He covered his eyes and moaned at his sister’s voice, but Elaine stole his pillow and thumped him over the head with it.

“Hey!” he cried.

“Well, that’s what you get for telling Tara I was going riding.”

Dary was only just remembering that he had done so.

“It serves you right,” he said, his defiance ruined by an oncoming yawn. “It’s not fair if I have to go to lessons and you don’t.”

“I’ll show you fair,” she said, and began to swing at him with was the pillow again.

He came fully awake as he was forced to defend himself. With a laugh he dove past her and out into the hall. He ran passed a scandalized Tara in the hallway.

“Mother! Help! She’s trying to kill me!”

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Dec 01, 2011 6:48 pm
Betheny says...

Sorry it's taken so long, we all apear to be in a different time zone. P.S give me a 'nudge' if I get characters wrong.

Queen Raven of Sunuma | Sunuma Castle, Great Hall

"Something wrong," I asked as I aproached Basille sat at the table in the great hall. At a pacing glance, it apeared that she had a piece of paper clasped in her hands.
"No," Came a quick reply. Too quick for what was her norm, but I let it slide, she wasn't always 'normal' around me.
"Okay, want to come out for a wonder?" I offered, I always offfer but she hardly ever says yes. When I heard no reply, I simply shrugged and walked out. Some of the latticed windows were blocked out with overgrown plants, places where the forest have tried reclaim, sometimes I just wished it would. I followed one of the long white corridors that streched out before me, while what seemed like millions more branched off I remained on my path. The number of times I'd gotten lost in this place, even after all this time. Finally, I reached my room. The place where I'd lived even when I was still the King's maid, I hadn't cared to move in with him then and I certainly don't now. Smiling I looked upon my oranised clutter, being the queen had it's perks, it meant that I could order that no-one enter my room or even touch any of my things.

Dressed in my leather and fur armour, I wondered through the great forest. I'd been lying earlier, about wondering, in truth all I'd wanted is to visit my grandfather's grave. Using my crested dagger, I cut away the weeds that threatend to consume and destroy the only person who ever really loved me. For hours I sat and spoke to the earth, the place where we must all return, unless you're a royal. In which case you get stuck in a dry and dusty crypt, never to return to home. When shadows started to gather, I made my way back to the castle. A great white palace, something almost heavenly standing among the trees. At the gates I saw a man sat astride a horse, dark haired and not someone I recognised as local.
"Ah, my lady Basille. Would you kindly convince your guards to let me enter? I am Prince Lucias of Ithrica, following the letter that was sent by my father," I downright laughed in his face.
"Good prince, I am not Basille. I am Queen Raven of Sunuma, and might I ask: what letter?"
Last edited by Betheny on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:08 pm
KindredSpiritBee says...

Reilana Forsyth/ On a balcony at dawn

I watched the east, as I did every morning at the exact same time. I couldn't help it, the hope was all that kept me going. The sun was coming up- filling the sky with it's brilliant, fiery colors. They spread across the dim expanse, coloring the world for the day once again. The ground was still that undefined grey color that the whole world was coated with before dawn, but I searched it anyway.

I was looking for a lone rider. Maybe someone walking even. I searched for my mother, every day I had to look. If she was coming back, I didn't want to miss her.

"Princess," My maid called gently, and I turned from the view of the red hills of my home.

I turned, and fell silent. I hadn't even realized that I had been humming some sort of tune under my breath. "Yes Yvette?" I asked sweetly, putting on my most brilliant smile for her.

"What are you doing Princess? You will catch cold!" She came forward and wrapped a wrap around my shoulders.

I realized that I had been standing there in my night gown, and the wind was blowing. I hadn't even noticed the cold. I allowed her to lead me back to my bedchamber, but still cast one glance back over the horizon. Maybe she would come today...
Llamas do not have six packs

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:24 pm
SisterItaly says...

Morgandy | Arriving to Rapugypt

Morgandy sighed as she patted the side of the horse's head again. Her servant offered her a sideways grin to reassure her for the millionth time. He insisted that Rapugypt wouldn't be all that bad. Gandy didn't like it already. It was far to hot and dry, and there wasn't nearly enough life around. Just mile after mile of sand. It reminded her of nothing she would enjoy remembering, and she still didn't understand how her father expected her to be okay with marrying a man she'd never seen before. Not even once in her life. She hadn't even heard of the man before.

"Please, miss. Cheer up?" She glanced back at the boy, frowning deeper. "You look frightening when you're upset. You wouldn't want to scare your fiance now, would you?"

"Perhaps I vould. Zhen he vould call off zhe wedding and I could go home." Morgandy turned back to the others, watching as they sent a messenger off ahead to warn the pharo of her arrival.

There was a tinge of guilt in her, when she remembered that the last thing she did before leaving home was argue with both her father and her sister. Her sister understood, of course, being about Gandy's age (or at least acting like she was). She wouldn't have liked being hauled off to a whole other land with a whole other climate just to be married to a man who could be a sociopathic killer for all she knew.

"M'lady, are you feeling well? We wouldn't want you to be sick for your wedding," one of the guard mumbled, leaning towards Morgandy.

She scowled and pushed her horse into a trot, towards Rapugypt's gates.
"Even in the end --even in death-- I can't hate you." - Neri Hereford's last words.

"The Gods demand blood, for they... do not bleed." Jaska.

The Book.

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held