z

Young Writers Society

Whitney High (Starting Now/Closing Soon)

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:12 pm
*coco says...

- EDITED -

Mia James

“That little bitch is throwing a party?” Mia asked with a raised brow. This was news to her. “Well, I say we gate-crash it.”

The statement was met with nods of agreement from Briar and Jen. Mrs. Vaughn glared at the four of them sternly from across the class.

I still can't believe how Chelsea swore at Linda on school TV," Jen whispered. "It was so awesome!?"

Chelsea smirked. “Believe me they cut it off before you all got to see the good stuff. I totally kicked her ass.”

Mia's eyes widened, glittering with amusement. “You didn’t?”

“Oh, I did," Chelsea replied. "I would’ve strangled the little skank too if the stupid teachers hadn’t gotten in my way.”

“Chelsea Fanney, you are officially my idol,” Mia smirked.
Last edited by *coco on Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:27 pm
Via says...

Briar Leeson

Briar smiled and turned her attention back to her canvas, which still had a lack of anything significant on it. She listened to Mia and Chelsea in the background, but didn't fully engage in the conversation or appear to be particularly interested. Often times Briar wasn't too interested in making nice with Chelsea--Briar thought she seemed too...into herself. But, Briar also wasn't one to really cause trouble for no reason, so she never addressed it. She had no problem speaking up based on her opinions, like with Eben, but didn't see much point in creating problems where there were none.

She looked up at the clock. This class seemed like it was going on forever. Usually she loved art class, but she wasn't enjoying the reality this painting was making her face today. Only 10 more minutes in class. 10. Long. Minutes.

Somewhere along the way she had stopped listening to the conversation going on around her, but turned back to Mia--bringing in a conversation she failed to reply to earlier, "Thanks for the dress, but I think I'll pass. But I promise to wear something besides jeans. Deal?"

Mia sighed, "Come on Bri...you never wear dresses!"

Briar raised an eyebrow and nodded, "My point, exactly!"

"Fine, but I get to force you into whatever I want if you show up in jeans."

"Deal."

Briar glanced up to Mrs. Vaughn, who was now on the other side of the room not paying a bit of attention to them. She put her pencil down and quickly pulled out her cell phone, spitting a text message to Sophie: What's up today, girl?
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:16 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

S.J.
I sighed and walked into Ms. Vaughn's classroom attracting the attention of everyone. I handed her my note and quickly sat down close to Briar, Mia, and Chelsea. "Hey S.J. Where have you been?" Mia asked as I set my canvas. "Well Mordred didn't want to go to first grade so they had me spend a couple days with him there." I replied. Then I grinned at Chelsea. "By the way nicely done but next time punch her harder." I said cheerily. She grinned back at me obviously proud. "So did you hear Miss I eff everything in this school with two legs is having a party?" I asked coolly sketching my idea out. "Yeah we did and we are so not going." Mia said. I grinned again. "Good so Preston's?" I asked. "Yeah and you aren't going to get a lot done." Briar said meaning my painting. I finished sketching the idea and put my initials on the left hand side at the bottom. "I know." I replied as the bell rang.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:54 pm
*singerofthenight* says...

Ryn:

The music reached her ears, holding her captive as her fingers flowed across the keyboard. This lullaby; the calming wave of harmony, was the only thing that she could loose herself in. Loose herself from the drama, the insanity of the school. She let the music take her to another world, with each note, each pattern, she heartbeat raced in tune. Her fingers flowed across the board, only stopping when she heard the door behind her open. She didn't turn around, just sat there, her slender fingers caressing the keys.

"You didn't have to stop."

*EEK, this can be anyone >.<*

Rei:

Tossing the soccer ball up, he dribbled it across his knees a few times before letting it fall catching it with the tip of his foot and sending it back up into the air, butting his head on the ball, sending it into the goal. Breathing hard, he glanced around, making sure no one was watching as he jogged over to the goal. Using his toes, he popped it up and caught it in his hands. He knew he was good. He just never tried out for the team. Couldn't afford to. Turning, he walked over to the bleachers and picked up his backpack and walked back towards the school. He cast one more longing look over his shoulder at the soccer field and walked into the building, heading to his class.
"Hello, is this thing on?"

130 Reviews

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:22 pm
*coco says...

Mia James

When the school day was (finally) over, Mia, Briar and Lindsay made their way to Sophie’s. Chelsea and Jen would be meeting them at Linda’s with spray paint and anything else they’d need to get their revenge on the little bitch. On the journey to Sophie’s, Mia began working on her master plan to convince her friend to come to the party.

“How about I grab her arms and you two can grab her legs?” she suggested to Lindsay and Briar.

Lindsay raised an amused brow. “That’s your master plan?”

“You’re right, it sucks,” Mia conceded. “Looks like we’ll just have to wing it, girls.”

Eventually, the three of them reached Sophie’s to find their friend still in her pyjamas and curled up in bed like the world was over.

“What are you guys doing here?” she groaned at them, burying herself under her covers in annoyance.

Mia, Briar, and Lindsay all jumped onto her bed together and each tried to pull away Sophie’s covers.

“C-mon, Soph, get up. We’re here to take you to Linda’s party!” sang Lindsay.

“Linda?” came Sophie’s muffled voice.

“Before you say anything it was Mia’s idea,” added Briar.

Mia shot her a look. “She was talking trash about you, Soph! The least we can do is go over there and teach her a lesson,” she paused for a moment to think, “Chelsea and Jen are even bringing spray paint along!”

“What Mia is trying to say,” Briar cut in, an amused smirk on her lips, “is you could use some cheering up.”

“C’mon, Soph, what d’you say?” asked Mia.

Sophie didn’t respond.

“Hellooo...” called Lindsay. “Earth to Sophie, come in..?”

“Alright, fine!” she said impatiently, finally pushing away her covers and sitting up to face the girls.

What Mia, Lindsay and Briar saw next made them each gasp in horror.

Briar was the first to break the silence. “Sophie, what happened to you?”
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:11 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Sophie

Mia, Briar, and Lindsay charged into my room.

“What are you guys doing here?” I groaned at them, pulling the comorter over my head hoping they'd leave.

The next thing I knew, the three girls pounced on me, trying to pull off the blanket, but I held on tight, not willing to give up the warmth of it.

“C-mon, Soph, get up. We’re here to take you to Linda’s party!” sang Lindsay.

“Linda?” I asked quizically

“Before you say anything it was Mia’s idea,” added Briar.

“She was talking trash about you, Soph! The least we can do is go over there and teach her a lesson,” she paused for a moment then continued, “Chelsea and Jen are even bringing spray paint along!”

“What Mia is trying to say,” Briar cut in, “is you could use some cheering up.”

“C’mon, Soph, what d’you say?” asked Mia.

I stayed silent, debating, looking around the darkness of my blanket

“Hellooo...” called Lindsay. “Earth to Sophie, come in..?”

“Alright, fine!” I said finally, pushing away the comforter and sitting up to see the girls.

Jaws dropped and gasps escaped their mouths.

Briar was the first to break the silence. “Sophie, what happened to you?”

Raising my hand to touch my cheek, I shook my head, and stared at my purple comforter.

"Soph-" Lindasy said, but I cut her off.

"I just....Seth and me got into an argument is all." I said, dropping my hand to my lap.

"Sophie, that looks like it was more than an argument." Mia said, worry threaded through her voice.

I looked at them, taking in their individual worry strewn faces. And I broke. Tears rolled down my face, and I spilled everything. From years ago with Conner to just yesterday with Seth.

I'd done my best to cover my bruises, and did a pretty good job with it. They were fainter now. I'd changed from my pajamas to a pair of distressed skinny jeans, a simple white peasant blouse, and a pair of gray boots.

"Guess we better head to the party now" I said to my three friends.

Cameron

"Dude, you're going!" I said into the phone to Christian.

"Man, I'm just not feeling like it right now." He responded.

Pulling into his driveway, I snapped my phone shut and threw open the door. Leaving the engine running, I ran up to his house and let myself in. Jogging up the stairs, I went to Christian's room and saw him lounging on his bed.

"Cameron-" He started.

"Don't you Cameron me, young man! We are going to that party!" I said, cutting him off.

"Man, I told you-"

I cut him off by lunging over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist, and lugging him over my shoulder, "You're going and that's final!"

Christian tried to protest, but couldn't, because he was laughing too hard. I slowly made my way to my car, but threw Christian on the grass before I could get there.

"Eat more fiber, Christian! You way a ton!"

"Go to the gym, Cameron! You're too weak!"

My laugh echoed through the air, and the two of us got into my truck and made our way to the party.

*Hope this is okay, everyone!*
Live, Love, Laugh

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:34 pm
paintingtherain97 says...

Jen Pedersen
Day 2 (cont.)

Jen wasn't that fond of Chelsea. But the rest of her new friends seemed to like her. So Jen took Chelsea home with her to get ready for the party. Nobody was home. The twins were at soccer practice and were going to their friend, Reed's, house afterward. Lou was at the babysitters'; Jen's parents didn't make her watch the munchkin on Friday's. So the house was to themselves.

They headed up the rickety wooden stairs to Jen's small purple bedroom. "I think there's probably something here for you to borrow," said Jen, heading toward the closet.

"Hold your horses, there, Jenny! We've gotta get some sabotaging supplies!" Chelsea was enthusiastic.

So they gathered some of Jen's prized spray paints (which she didn't particularly want to waste with vandalism), a hammer, and a bag of her mother's gardening manure. Jen looked longingly at the spray paints. Chelsea grinned wide and said, "This'll show that bitch not to mess with our Soph!"

After that, they got ready. Jen chose a pale pink dress that reached just above her knees. She wore a pair of white leggings that reached to the top of her rosebud flip flops. In her ears hung small silver hoops. She wore her hair in a sideways ponytail because she loved it that way for some reason. Chelsea wore her locks down, and her dress was a simple but pretty black one. Her shoes were pumps of the same color. They both smiled at their reflections.

To the party they went.
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:24 am
gleek456 says...

Lindsay Collins

After the successful Get Sophie to the Party plan, I pulled up near Linda's house. Briar was sitting in the passenger seat, while Mia and Sophie sat in the back. I unbuckled my seat belt and pulled the keys out of the car. I turned around to face them.

"I love how the door is unlocked- you could fully see people making out already!" I exclaimed. I pulled my dress a little bit down, to show more cleavage. "I'm excited!"

"Only you, Lindsay, only you," Mia said before giggling.

"There are a lot of drunk people lying on the front lawn, is that good?" Briar asked. I looked through the window. Wow, lots of people are either high, or unconscious from all the drinks they had- maybe even drugs.

"No Bri, it's good," Sophie said sarcastically. We all laughed before stepping out of the car.

"Gate-crash, huh?" Mia said. "Looks more like a walk-in."

"Let's just go before I back out," Soph said, and she started walking. Me, Bri, and Mia all glanced at eachother before running after her. We all walked into the party, to see drunk people dancing, making out, or smoking in a corner. Someone passed by us with a lit cigarette. I immediately waved the foul odour away from my nose.

"So, now what?" Bri asked. I sighed.

"I'm going to find someone to make out with. I'm bored. Don't tell Dad," I warned. I disappeared into the dancing crowd, and began dancing. I stole someone's drink and chugged on it. It felt good. It really did. I was having fun, and this felt good. I immediately grabbed a nearby boy and danced with him face to face. Yup, definitely fun. Maybe I could get some drugs here. If I can.

(Hope this is fine! I'm not good with this kind, it my first time. :) )
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:23 am
Via says...

Briar Leeson

Briar watched Lindsay take off and shook her head--for her parents, that girl had a lot of nerve dressing like she did. At least with Briar, Lindsay's parents felt too sorry for her to have the heart to discipline her for her actions. Not that, of course, she was nearly as provocative as Lindsay.

She looked around the party and didn't see Linda anywhere or anyone from school yet. There were definitely a large amount of stupid people, though--no shortage of those. Everyone was drinking and she was planning on joining, although she was not planning on being another passout on the front lawn. Most of the kids at the party were "those" kind of people. They thought they were awesome if, and only if, they were so drunk that they can't remember their name. Briar did not find this attractive in any way, shape, or form.

Glancing around the room, she caught a glimpse of someone she knew in the back doorway. Eben. Mia hadn't mentioned his attendance at the party, amidst all her talk of the drug dealing, and Briar took this as a telltale sign that Mia had no idea he was attending.

She turned around to Sophie and Mia, careful not to let them see what she saw, "Hey...I'll be back in a few minutes. Be good."

Briar turned and headed the opposite direction of Eben to make sure her trail wasn't followed. She made her way through the kitchen and picked up a beer on her way, thinking to herself Nati Lite? Really? All the money they have and this party has Nati Lite...amazing.

She quickly made her way through the crowd and towards Eben, who was headed outside to the back porch. The two had dated for a little over a year and, truth be told, weren't truly over each other. They had only broken it off a couple months ago. Briar knew Mia's concerns about the drug dealing could very well be true, as Briar and Eben knew the same people from Kern St--Kern St where most Whitney kids wouldn't dare venture. It would have been incredibly easy for Eben to deal--they both knew dealers and suppliers, both the bad and the good.

Either way, she needed to talk to him about it.

Briar slid out the back door, "Eben!"

Eben turned and nodded, giving the "cool guy handshake" to some kid he was talking to before heading her direction. He came up to her but wasn't allowed a second to say hi.

She sighed, "We need to talk." She motioned towards the backside of the pool, where stairs led down to the courtyard, and they headed that way.
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

130 Reviews

Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:14 pm
*coco says...

Mia James

Briar turned to Mia and Sophie and spoke over the loud music. "Hey...I'll be back in a few minutes. Be good."

“Not likely,” Mia smirked. She watched Briar walk away and spotted Chelsea and Jen approach them. They were carrying large backpacks in their hands which brought a wild and wicked smirk to Mia’s face.

“Hey girlies,” greeted Chelsea. She lifted up the bags in her hands and with a cheerful smile said, “we come bearing gifts!”

Mia took an excited peek at the sabotaging supplies inside the backpacks and spotted spray paints, some hammers, and a small bag of...

“Gardening manure?” Sophie questioned Jen with a raised brow. She was looking over Mia's shoulders glancing suspiciously into the backpacks.

Jen shrugged. “I thought maybe we could scatter it over Linda's bedroom floor or something...”

“Oh my god, Jen, you are an evil genius!” Mia giggled embracing her friend into a hug. She helped carry some of the bags before signalling towards the staircase. “Come on, girls! Let’s get this show on the road!”

(Sorry this is so short, I promise to make up for it in my next post :D )

104 Reviews

Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:41 am

Jen Pedersen
Day 2 (Night; Party)

Jen headed up the stairs with Sophie and Mia and Chelsea. Even the stairs were crowded with sweaty teenage bodies, and they had to push their way through the ocean of Hollister-clad guys and girls wearing too much scented crap. It was a bitter stuggle, but it turned out not to be a thankless one. They emerged at the top of the stairway and beheld a small hallway.

It wasn't hard to find Linda's room. Her door had a poster of shirtless Taylor Lautner and a sign that blatantly said: Linda. They headed in and switched on the light.

There, making out with Collin Green, was their Lindsay.
"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known..." A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:35 pm
gleek456 says...

Lindsay Collins

After dancing, I felt really drunk. How many drinks have I had? 12? I decided to sit down for a bit. The dancing crowd was freaking sweaty, and it wasn't a pretty thing- dancing with them. My head throbbed, so I began massaging my temples. The music just made it worse. I scanned the room for the other girls. But they're gone? How can they be gone? What are they doing? I rolled my eyes. Whatever. I looked towards the crowd again, to catch the eye of a guy- a cute one. Ooh, fun!

I stood up, not breaking eye contact, and did that finger movement to follow me. I disappeared up the stairs. Hopefully he'll follow. I heard footsteps coming up, and smiled to myself. I leaned on the door of Linda's room, waiting for him. He stopped right in front of me.

"I'm Collin," he said. I nodded.

"Lindsay," I said before opening the door. I didn't turn on the lights, so I could get the feeling. I pushed him on the bed, so he's sitting now. Now here's the fun. I sat down beside him and began making out with him.

(Hope this is fine! Again, I'm not good at this. xD)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

104 Reviews

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:10 pm

Collin Green
Day 2 (night; party)

Collin could not believe his luck. He was making out with a hot older girl at the first party of the year. Until the door opened and the lights flipped on and a bunch of Lindsay's friends were staring at us.

Lindsay flew off of him. "I am so drunk," she said, by way of apology. She pushed past her friends and disappeared into a jumble of dancing teenagers. Her friends still gaped at Collin. Awkward.

130 Reviews

Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:24 pm
View Likes
*coco says...

Mia James

Mia, Sophie, Chelsea and Jen were still staring at Collin, even after Lindsay left, torn between wanting to barf and laugh all at once.

Collin’s cheeks were reddening. He hopped off the bed and mumbled something along the lines of ‘excuse me,’ before he sheepishly walked out of the room. The girls waited until he was out of earshot before bursting into fits of giggles. Once they got it out of their systems, they returned to the task at hand.

Looking around, they took in Linda’s bedroom. Everything inside was pink, fluffy and girly.

“I say this room needs a little black, wouldn’t you agree?” Chelsea smirked as she pulled out a black spray paint can from one of the backpacks.

Jen pulled a face as she watched Chelsea spray paint Linda’s dainty walls. “I really didn’t want to waste that stuff on vandalism...”

Mia patted her comfortingly on the back. She knew how important Jen regarded her art supplies. “It’s all for a good cause, my friend.”

She pulled out an old lipstick from her small clutch bag and jumped on top of Linda’s bed. Standing on the mattress she wrote the word ‘S L U T’ in huge letters on the wall. With that, she handed it over to Sophie. “Would you care to do the honours?” she smirked.

Sophie smirked back, if only a little, and joined Mia on the bed. She put the lipstick on her lips and planted a kiss underneath Mia’s writing. It was something the girls always did when they’d leave messages in the girl’s toilets back in elementary school. Over the years it almost became like their clique signature.

With that, Jen scattered her mom’s manure as promised, and the girls finally left Linda’s room in fits of hysterics.

“Job well done, girls!” said Mia, practically grinning from ear to ear. “Now, we can enjoy the rest of the party!”

“And maybe get lucky like Lindsay,” winked Chelsea.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:58 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Cameron

Christian and I arrived at the party and, after locking the car, noticed a bunch of people already passed out and making out.

"Fashionably late, my friend" I said to Christian.

The two of us headed into the party, and almost immediately I had a drink put into my hands. Swirling it around, I sniffed it. Beer. Bringing the cup to my mouth, I threw it back.

"Let's go have some fun!"

Sophie:

It's strange yet wonderful feeling to trash Linda's room. The bitch deserves it from what I was told she did. I still can't believe that it's all over the school. Whatever, Scott will get what's coming to him.

The five of us hung out together, dancing, drinking a little here and there, flirting, and laughing at jokes that weren't even funny.

Then a guy named Cameron, either drunk or on the verge of it, came over and wrapped his arms around Mia's waist. Leaning down, he whispered something into her ear, causing her to blush.

Cameron (Yes, again)

I wasn't really sure what happened to Christian. I think he went off with some other friends somewhere. As I went to look for him, I spotted Mia with her friends. She looked amazing. Walking over to her, I wrapped my arms around her small waist.

Leaning down, I whispered in her ear, "You look beautiful, Mia."

"Thank you, Cam." She muttered back.

Lifting my hands from her waist to her face, I shifted so I was infront of her rather than behind her and leaned down to kiss her.

*Hope this is alright :)*
Live, Love, Laugh

Irrigation of the land with seawater desalinated by fusion power is ancient. It's called 'rain'.
— Michael McClary