z

Young Writers Society

The Wallflower Project (DEAD)

Reviews: 0
Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:33 pm
GreenBubbleGum says...

I will take the last female tutor! I will have the profile in by tonight, I see everyone is excited! I am too. I'm really itching to use this character - she has been in my head for a while :)

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:27 pm
GreenBubbleGum says...

Name: (First and last, possibly middle name) Olivia Autry (Aw-tree)

Wallflower:______________

Appearance: There's something very shocking about Olivia's appearance. No, she's not incredibley beautiful, and no she's not hideously ugly. In fact, she's quite normal. Natural blonde hair the color of honey and wheat, big emerald green eyes, fair skin tone with slight rosiness to her cheeks. She's a pretty normal height, standing at five feet five inches (without heels). She's average weight with average muscle. However, Olivia's appearance is...marred. A long, visible scar is over her heart, from surgery; She has a scar on the left side of her face, starting at the top of her eyebrow, going down, skipping her eye, and then continuing on her cheekbone for about an inch -- it's noticable, but not if it's just a quick glance at her; on the right corner of her mouth she has an inch long scar going from the top of her top lip to the bottom of her bottom lip -- which you can only see if you look for it; there's a big scar on the thigh of her leg, where her femur is; she has a scar on her left arm, from the right side of her wrist, under her forearm, up the bottom of her arm, across her arm pit, then it goes up her shoulder for two and a half inches; her arms and legs are scattered with small scars here and there. However, Olivia always has a soft smile on her face.

Personality: Olivia is a very sweet woman, though she's a tad shy. She's friendly though, and doesn't have a hate in the world. She's very motherly and very affectionate, but she can also be stern and strict if need be. She prefers not to have to be like that, but will if need be. Olivia is a little jumpy, and she's not a fan of loud noises or cars. Olivia, however, did keep her strong will and if she wants something she gets it, and if she says something that something is done/gotten. She has an abstract way of thinking. She isn't your average person, thought she does have many stories to tell, and she loves telling them, so long as it's not the story of the accident.

Weaknesses/ Flaws: Her past. A little jumpy. Not big on using cars - prefers to walk.

Strengths: Strong willed, kind hearted, sweet, motherly,

History: Olivia grew up in a rich home, was spoiled to death by her father, her mother did anything to keep her from screaming, maids came and went, nanny's were never there for more than a few weeks. Between the biting, the kicking, the smacking, the punching, the screaming, and the yelling, no one ever wanted to stick around the Autry house for long. Olivia was a big terrorist in her house -- she had the control over everyone. Olivia's parents were hardly ever home, avoiding the problem at all costs.
At age seventeen, Olivia's entire life changed. She refuses to talk about it, and if you try to get it out of her she bursts into tears. She got her scars from this.
It was a major car accident. She was driving, three friends were in the car. One of them, Jenny, died upon impact, and another, Alex, didn't last the night. Her and her friend Peter just barely pulled through. Peter was forbidden from associating with Olivia. After the accident and the death of her friends, Olivia's entire life changed and made her into who she is today.
Her parents had been planning on passing down their business to her, but decided to give it to her Irish twin, Cassandra (Younger by eleven and a half months). Even though they don't say it, Olivia knows it's because of her appearance, because her parents don't want her appearance to scare off business.
They asked Louise to give her this job.

Up for love? Sure

Other: Has nightmares of the accident often. Always wears long sleeves and long pants or a skirt with tights, in ordder to hide as much of her scars as she can

*HOPE THIS IS OKAY! :D*

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:32 am
Sunshine says...

Sorry so late! Meant to get it up yesterday, but we had a power outage. :(

Name: (First and last, possibly middle name) Dustin Acklely

Wallflower:Gage (Starry's character-as declared by Gleek.)

Appearance: Dustin is a clean six foot, with a figure that once might've been lanky. He now boasts muscles- not enough to make him look like a rogue bodybuilder, but enough to make him look strong and well-rounded. Around the wall-flower's, you'll catch him only in dress pants and the occasional tie. If you catch him at the right hour, however, you'll find him in clean jeans and Basketball jerseys. He has sandy, dark blond hair that is arranged neatly in a clean- but not army clean- style. Dustin boasts caramel brown eyes of a sweet, melted color. No good pics- find one later?

Personality: Dustin is the sturdy, big-brother type. He doesn't mind lending a shoulder to cry on, and gives off a rather concerned demeanor. He loves to care about people, and promises to keep even the darkest secrets. He does tend to be on the quieter, stricter side- at least with the wall-flowers. He's a smart, studious person- ever the well-rounded gentlemen. Opening doors, minding his manners, etc...

If you grow on him a bit more, you may get the playful man Dustin tries to cover up. Although always good-natured, the man hides the more boyish nature he has. He loves to play sports, and hides it when he doesn't know anything. He strives to reach the impossible form of perfection.

Weaknesses/ Flaws: (At least one) Perfectionist, hiding his more boyish nature, and trying to cure everyone. (See history.)

Strengths: Caring, good-natured, and a strong person.

History: Dustin can never say he was a wall-flower, or the odd one out. Rather, he grew up with a super model mother and a strong politician for a father. He breezed through school, got a scholarship for basketball. (One he didn't need, of course.) He was well-liked, and showed no signs of problems. He had a decent enough family life, with parents who tried their very best to make time for him. His experience with Wall-flowers...came from his brother.

His younger brother, Austin Ackely, was a rebel. Unlike his brother, he didn't care for anything. He didn't even bother his parents when he got bullied, because- turns out- he wasn't as strong as a rebel as he thought. Austin was killed when he was peer pressured into 'The Choking Game' at age fifeteen, when Dustin was seventeen.

Louise heard Austin and Dustin's story from their mother, who belongs to the same Country club. She offered Dustin to tutor and well...he couldn't say no.

Up for love?Oh yes!

Other:
Last edited by Sunshine on Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:51 am
GreenBubbleGum says...

...start? XD

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:33 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Ditto on GreenBubbleGum's comment! I'm so uber excited for this!!!!!
Live, Love, Laugh

Reviews: 2
Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:15 pm
RainyDay says...

*cough cough* ...gleek?

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:42 pm
gleek456 says...

Okay guys! I've just finished school, so once I get home, I'll start or us. :) Almost there, don't worry!
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:57 pm
gleek456 says...

Alrighty! We're starting now! So, everyone already got the idea, Louise explained everything, and now you're getting to know one another and partnered up. Oh, and Via has just joined. She'll be playing the daughter of Louise's husband's mistress. :) Hope you guys like!

Louise Vermont | Living Room

I lead the way inside, as the Tutors helped my new Wallflowers carry their bags inside. Gianna and Clare came in the room rushing to pick the bags up and put them in their destined room. I nodded to them in thanks as I watched them leave. The Tutors stood beside me, while the Wallflowers stood beside the entrance, as if they thought they could just slip out anytime. Here we go, I thought to myself.

"Children! Come! Sit down!" I advised, gesturing to the cream leather sofas in front of us. They shuffled nervously as they sat down. Something tells me they're not comfortable in their position. After the whole "you're a Wallflower, these are you Tutors, we'll help change you!" conversation, they kind of got a bit... anxious, making me anxious, and when I'm anxious, everyone's anxious. I exhaled and clasped my hands in front of me.

"Well, after I explained the Wallflower Project," I started. "Maybe, you would all like to know who you're Tutors are."

Some of the Wallflowers groaned, as some politely nodded. At least there are some teenagers whom I could stand... a bit. I cast a glance at the Tutors, who were staring at the Wallflowers. I made a note to examine them one by one.

"Yeah, sure, whatever," one of the Wallflowers replied. She looked very... hungover. She smelled it too.

"But, we could start with everyone's names first, starting with you," I gestured to the hungover one. She pushed herself off her seat and slouched. Bad posture, horrible breath, oh dear.

"My name is... Claudia Forsmith. I'm a drug dealer, if any of you want to get it on," she winked. "I'm here." Sophia gasped in shock. I massaged my temples with my fingers. It made it sound even more inappropriate with her British accent.

"Oh dear," I whispered. "Please, what is your real name, who is your parents, and what do you wish to achieve here?"

She rolled her eyes. "Fine. My name's Gigi, Gigi Davis. Parents are the owners of Davis Entertainment, and... I want to at least get drunk in three of these rooms."

That did not do any better. Oh dear, I could feel a migraine coming on. I nodded politely at Gigi, and gestured my hand down, so she could sit. I turned to Sophia.

"Sophia dear, mind if you take over? I need to get Gianna to get me some water and an Advil," I asked. She nodded and told the others. I gave a quick farewell to everyone, and walked into the kitchen.

Sophia Vermont-Alexander | Living Room

I watched as Aunt Louise walked out of the room, then turned back towards the Wallflowers. I bit my lip. These Wallflowers are probably going to be the most difficult group of them all.

"Here goes," I muttered to the others. I took a step forward.

"Well, Louise is going to step out a bit for now. I'm Sophia, I'm one of the Tutors, and I'm the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Vermont-Alexander, owners of Delicious Miracles. I don't know if you have been to that place before, but it's lovely," I introduced myself. I tucked a strand of blonde hair behind my ear and pulled my cardigan closer to my body.

We'll make this summer work.

(I'll post Gigi's POV later.)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:17 pm
RainyDay says...

October | Living Room

Slouching further down into the seat, I pulled my gray, knit hat further down my head, covering my eyes, then putting it back where it belongs.

As the woman, Sophia, introduces her self, my hand wanders to my dinosaur necklace and uncaped the purple sharpie. My hand flew across the cream couch, drawing a silhouette of a person with ghost-like creatures coming out of him.

A gasp froze my hand, and I looked up to see Sophia staring at me and the couch like she was about to pass out. Giving a sheepish smile, I capped the sharpie and said, "Hello! My name is technically Oliver Cima, but I go by October. My parents are owners of a Cima Publishing Co. And I don't really want to be here, but I hope to bring a little color to this place -- it looks very bland."

Louise Vermont came into the room, and when she saw what I drew on her couch, she blanched. Taking a deep breath, she said calmly, waving a hand towards a man with my same height, brown hair, and brown eyes "Oliver, this is your tutor."

My tutor smiled and said to the room, "Bonjour, mon belle et beau! My name is David Jenkins."

The rest, I locked out, uncapping my sharpie and continuing to draw on the couch

Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:39 pm
GreenBubbleGum says...

Olivia Autry | Living Room

After David introduced himself, I jumped in, giving my usual soft smile as I said to everyone and a kind voice, "Hello. My name is Olivia Autry -- I am a tutor."

As introductions continued, I ignored the looks my scars got -- The stares have been going on ever since I got out of the hospital, and yet I'm still not used to them. Even my own family looks at me in the same way. Like I'm something foreign.

Folding my hands in my lap, I listened as they all introduced themselves, taking care to try to place their names to their face's, which has never exactly been my strong suit - there's been to many people in and out of my life, I had never seen the point in remembering their names, which made it harder to do so now.

When every person introduced themselves, I gave them a kind smile.

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:27 am
Via says...

Name: Avery Mitchell
Tutor:...
Appearance: Avery has long, dark curls that she most often throws up into a messy bun. This, coupled with bright blue eyes, gives her a very girl-next-door appearance but also makes her appear quite intimidating when she's trying to get something she wants. She's only a couple inches over five feet tall and very petite with a soft face--which, of course, is often surprising when she demands something. Avery is often found wearing a pair of jeans--either boot or skinny with high boots--and a general tee or oversized shirt. She's not a typical "rebel" kind of dresser, but rather like the typical teenager.
Personality/Problem: Although Avery can be very demanding and is very quick to resist authority, it's not yet known to anyone else that most of her "problems" are purposely overexaggerated. She plays the dramatic role but is not interested in a large amount of attention; she would rather be left to her own devices. Avery is a very independent and doesn't require much from other people, but is very good at getting what she wants when she does.
Weaknesses/ Flaws: Avery often ends up putting herself in situations where she shouldn't be while acting "worse than normal." She doesn't intend too, but she has a hard time knowing where to draw the line. She is also very caught up in her own problems, which she's very unwilling to share with other people.
Strengths: Very persuasive and very intuitive with what people want to hear.
History: Avery is the daughter of Lena Mitchell and Richard Vermont. However, she never met her father as he died in the war a few months before Avery was born. Her real name is actually Avery Vermont, as her mother still gave her her father's last name, but Avery is fully aware of Louise's history and last name and doesn't want to reveal herself to her just yet. Avery has even concocted a story to how her parents are friends of parents of a previous wallflower to get into the program. Lena and Richard were never married but worked together while deployed--Lena was from Australia and Richard from the states (therefore Avery also has a prominent Australian accent from growing up in her mother's country). Two years ago Avery's mother was diagnosed with late stage cancer and passed away three months ago. While cleaning out storage rooms, Avery came across a box of her father's things--including a photo and name for Louise Vermont. Her mother had no siblings and Avery only had an elderly grandparent remaining, and she never knew any of her fathers family, so she decided to track Louise down to try to get a part of her lost past back. Louise, however, knows none of this at the moment and, in fact, still believes both of Avery's parents are alive and well.
Up for love? Yes
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:44 am
Via says...

Avery Mitchell - Living Room

Avery checked her cell phone as she pulled herself and her suitcase up the stairs to her new summer residence. Only about 20 minutes late! For anyone else this may have been a failure, but for Avery 20 minutes late was basically early. It's not that she was horrible at getting out on time, it's just that she always seemed to hit the most unfortunate of circumstances.

Today's unforunate circumstance was a lost bag at the airport. They eventually found it, however, and she was rather thankful that it didn't accidently leave Melbourne and head to Phuket or some other equally far away land where she'd never see it again.

She didn't waste any time with knocking, just flung over the door herself and quickly made her way into the first great room--the living room. She smiled and huffed a bit while setting her suitcase up on it's own. Her slender fingers reached up and tuck a piece of long brown curl behind her ear, "Sorry I'm late! It's crazy out there!"

Avery attempted to make a joke as it was quite gorgeous outside, but no one seemed to think it was funny. In fact, upon her burst into the room it appeared everyone had decided she would be the centered of unwanted attention. 18 eyes turned and looked her direction and instantly stopped talking. Every so often she'd notice a pair of eyes shifting to a girl standing in the middle--Avery assumed they were just waiting to see what would happen; this girl must have been some kind of authority figure in the house.

She glanced to her instant left and noticed a boy about her age artisting on the sofa where he sat. She leaned down to him and loudly whispered, "....should I run?"
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:17 pm
RainyDay says...

October | Living Room

"...should a run?" The girl asked me in a loud whisper.

My large laugh set echoed through the still room as some of the other Wallflowers chuckled. Quickly, I capped the sharpie, stood, and hopped over the back of the couch.

Scooping her hand into mine, I exclaimed, "Let's run together!"

"That's quite enough now" Louise said, "Let's settle down."

Turning to the girl, I shrugged. Hopped back over the couch, I allowed myself to slump down into it and resumed my drawing.

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:52 am
View Likes
Sunshine says...

Let's get this party started!

Dustin Ackely- Introduction Room

I stood, solidly and- to my opinion- rather morbidly by the wall where all the tutors stood. Honestly, I was trying not to look as bored as the kids. Ms.Louise was rather sweet and of course I appreciated her giving me the job, but...she had a tendency to drone. With all the kids here and Louise's so called dignity restored I'd thought that maybe, I dunno, she could reveal the pairings. Because, I swear by it, I was almost as anxious as the kid drawing on the couch. Louise said one more thing about the tutor-wallflower relantionship and I couldn't help but clench my hand. So bored...

A small flash of realization passed across Louise's aged features. "I'm sure you're all dying to hear who your tutors are." All the kids looked as passive as they possibly could but Louise continued on passionatly. "Now..." Louise looked down her list. "Dustin Ackley?"

I looked up as she said my name, managing as poliete a grin as I could manage while containing my emotion. Finally! "Here Ma'am."

"Gage Russell Denning?"

A sloppy looking kid with clearly died black hair looked up with lazy, uncaring green eyes. "Yerp?"

"Meet your tutor, Mr.Ackley."

I turned to the kid, and grinned full-out. Certainly could've got worse. He was a kid I could work with, maybe even relate to my late brother. He gave me a nodd. Louise went through the list. The crazed drunk looking girl was paired with the plain girl with the faint, intruiging scars. Some of the tutors looked happy, but all the kids mantained bored expressions. Louise sighed, rubbing her temples.

"You are all dismissed. Tutors, please show your wall-flower to their rooms if you please."

Hope that helped!
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle