Experimentals (Started/closed)

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:13 am
Searria H. says...

:smt039
Hey, Fire! Missed you. :)

-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:56 am
Firestalker says...

*Hey Sea! Yea :) I missed me too :D And I missed you too of course, and YWS :P*
*Okay... so I've never taken over a character before, but I'll do my best!*

Dr. Crawford

"So, who was the last subject?" Lily asked, refusing to hide her concern.

Brittany paused and looked at Lily, "Link... I... I mean, subject 01150. He... he told me something... strange. But it's nothing," she said looking down to avert Lily's eyes.

"Why? What did he tell you?"

Brittany looked at the closed doors and contemplated her next words.

"Well, he said that they were going to escape... with a pen..."

Lily looked at her dumbfounded, "with this pen?" she asked pointing to the wound on her chest.

Brittany shrugged, looking away again towards the door.

"I don't think Li... subject 01150 would ever think of stabbing you... he wouldn't..." Brittany stopped mid sentence, she didn't know what to think any more after what happened.

Her mind seemed to have two agendas, one part of it siding with Lily - whom she admired and respected as a colleague , but at the same time she was sure that none of the children would ever do something of that sort.

"No... I don't think it's that simple..." Lily said suddenly, "there was some sort of fight going on between the subjects.... I think... maybe it was in the heat of the moment..." she trailed off after a while.

"I hope so... If Mr. Montgomery finds out of this..." Brittany stopped. The recent events seemed impossible and so wrong. She did not believe that the children were bad but now Lily, someone who was close to her, was hurt and it could very well be her fault.

*Hope I did well... hehe... I'm kinda out of touch :P I'll post my character description in the DT and probably post again in his perspective.*
--
Who is not Insane one man ask, the answer being a fool.
Are you Insane the same man asks, - "Oh yes!. The Mad Hatter being saner!"

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:47 pm
*coco says...

Welcome, Firestalker, as a fellow doc character I hope you and Chirantha like this post :)

Dr. Abrams

Dmitri walked back in to the lab where Dr. Grey and Dr. Crawford were. It looked like Dr. Grey was all patched up and okay now because she was on her feet and had changed from her blood-stained shirt into a clean one.

“How are you feeling?” he asked her.

“Much better thanks to Brittany,” she said, giving a small smile to Dr. Crawford before putting her lab coat back on.

“Maybe you should take the rest of the day off...” Dmitri suggested.

Unsurprisingly, Dr. Grey shook her head. “I’m fine, really,” she said, though Dmitri could tell it probably wasn’t true. Before he could say anything else, they were interrupted by the sudden entrance of Dr. Von Ray.

“What the hell happened?” he yelled at them. His beady eyes closed in on Dr. Grey, “You were stabbed?!”

“Keep your voice down, will you?” hissed Dmitri with a frown. “We don’t want anyone else to find out about this!”

“Especially, Mr. Montgomery,” added Dr. Grey seriously.

Dr. Von Ray gawked at the two of them as though they were mad. “What are you talking about? Of course he needs to find out about this! In fact, I just sent O’Reily up to get him!”

“You what?” Dmitri snapped furiously.

Dr. Crawford and Dr. Grey put their hands to their mouths in horror.

“Oh, dear god...” Dr. Crawford whispered.

Dmitri ran a hand through his hair and tried to think. Mr. Montgomery would be down here any minute now and what would happen after that would not be pretty. He needed to think. Fast. He waited until Dr. Von Ray flustered out of the room before turning to Dr. Grey and Dr. Crawford.

“Are we all in agreement that we do not under any circumstances want subject 24601 to be killed?” he asked them both seriously.

The two nodded in definite agreement.

Dmitri wiped a hair down his face. “Okay, let me think...” he looked down at his clipboard and began flipping through papers and papers of information on C.K’s medical history. Finally, he had an idea. “I think I have something....”

“What is it?” asked Dr. Crawford, intrigued.

“Subject 24601 clearly has a mental disorder, right?”

She nodded. “Schizophrenia.”

Dmitri rubbed the side of his jaw thoughtfully. “A very rare form of schizophrenia which is making him suffer from multiple personality disorder...”

“I guess that explains the existence of his imaginary friend Christopher,” Dr. Grey said thoughtfully. “But, what does this have to do with keeping the boy alive?”

“Mr. Montgomery is determined that drug 207 really does become an all-cure,” Dmitri answered, “But, here's the thing, he’s only focused on curing all the physical diseases, he’s neglected to consider the...”

“...psychological diseases....” Dr. Grey said, finishing the sentence. She seemed to finally get where Dmitri was going with this.

“Mr. Montgomery’s made me head of drug 207,” Dmitri continued, “so the two of you will have to be the ones to tell him that you want to keep C.K alive to use him as a test subject for a new drug that will focus on curing all the psychological diseases of the world. That way, not only will Mr. Montgomery allow the boy to live, we might also actually be able to help cure the boy.”

“That could work,” nodded Dr. Crawford.

Dr. Grey put a hand to her chin thoughtfully. “We’d have to convince Mr. Montgomery that such a drug could be possible to create though, and-” Dr. Grey paused mid-sentence and looked to the window.

Dmitri turned to look in the same direction and swallowed slowly at what he saw. Marching towards the lab with a look that could kill, was Mr. Montgomery...
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:20 pm
View Likes
Chirantha says...

Great post *coco. :D

Dr. Grey

It felt like the room shrank by a couple of inches when he entered. He was bristling with anger. Lily watched, with her heart beating in her throat, as his tiny eyes stared into each face in turn. Then, he reverted back to Lily.

"Explain" His voice was controlled, but she could sense the seething anger in them.

So she explained, just as she had done with Dr. Abrams and Britt, but trying her best to smooth the details over to make them sound less serious.

When she finished, Mr. Montgomery's face was impassive. She could feel that her new top was already wet with cold sweat. She watched as Mr. Montgomery turned to Dr. Abrams.

"What is the action you took against this subject?" He asked, his voice deadly.

"Sir, we... haven't taken any action against the subject yet. We thought..." He stopped as Mr. Montgomery raised a finger.

"You didn't take any action against him?"

Dr. Abrams swallowed nervously. "No sir. Dr. Grey and Dr. Crawford had this idea." He looked at them, silently indicating to go along with what he say.

"Mr. Montgomery, the subject who stabbed Dr. Grey shows signs of a severe case of Schizophrenia. He's hallucinating someone, and I believe he was "told" by this someone to stab Dr. Grey with the pen." Dr. Crawford said.

He stared at Dr. Crawford saying nothing. A sign that says she can continue.

"Well, sir. This could lead to an opportunity for the All-cure. Dr. Grey and I believe that we can redevelop the All-cure to cure mental illnesses as well as physical ones."

Mr. Montgomery stayed silent, but Lily could see that he was thinking about this idea.

"Would that work? From what I heard from Dr. Abrams, the All-cure we have brings unforeseen side-effects. I do not want to give my competition a field day by doing a product recall. Plus, I'll lose millions of dollars spent on product development." He replied, his anger somewhat diminished.

"That was an isolated incident. The drug had reacted with the IV we gave the subject. It won't happen again." Dr. Crawford lied, hoping that Mr. Montgomery does not see that scientific reasoning behind this statement.

He became silent again, contemplating on this. Then he turned to Dr. Abrams.

"Dmitri, assist Dr. Grey and Dr. Crawford in the development of this drug. Update me with every single detail. If this becomes a success, it could give us the edge over the competition. Also, inject the other subjects with the all-cure; see if they show side-effects as well. I'll double the security throughout the facility. The way everything is going, the subject would be starting riots next." Then he was gone, walking with two bulky security guards.

"Whew, that went well." Dr. Crawford said, wiping her glistening brow.

"Well, I need a new top after that." Dr. Grey commented, sitting back on the bed, hand across her chest.

"Now that we avoided the initial disaster, let's focus on the next phase. First of all, are you well enough Dr. Grey. You can rest today, and start your work in the morning." Dr. Abrams suggested again, looking at Dr. Grey with concern.

"No, I'm fine. I'll head to the lab right away." She replied, standing up.

"Alright. Dr. Crawford, inject the subjects 01150 and 16 with the all-cure. Report straight to me if they show any side-effects. I'll be in my office. Dr. Grey, meet me there when you are ready." He requested, and left.

Dr. Crawford turned to Lily.

"What a day isn't it?" She said, her good smile returning.

"Tell me about it." Lily replied, sitting down on the bed again. "I'm not even sure half of it even happened. Everything happened so fast."

"But the good thing is that you are alright." Britt said, placing her hand on Lily's. Then she blushed as Lily stared.

"I...I'll go check on subjects. Text me on my BlackBerry if you need anything alright?" She stammered, and then left the room.

Lily stared at Britt as she walked out, wondering why she seemed embarrassed. She then got to her feet, wincing as a sharp pain shot through her wound. Walking to her bag, she took off her wet shirt and wore a fresh one. Then, as she took her lab coat from the hanger, something fell from its pocket to the floor.

She glanced down and then her heart rate jumped to an overdrive. The anti-venom had been in her lab coat this whole time. If, by some chance Dr. Crawford or Dr. Abrams had seen this, she would be packing her bags by now. She picked up the syringe and pocketed it.

Donning the lab coat, she walked out of the room...

*My other character is gonna kill me, as she's being ignored. :wink:
Last edited by Chirantha on Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:11 pm
RedBird says...

Micah,

Something is going on. The guards have been everywhere since C.K. stabbed Dr. Grey, and I'm afraid that this will make it impossible for my plan to work. Escape: that's all I can focus on. Link gets taken away about an hour after the inicident, and then the guards leave the room, remaining outside the door, but not in. Here's my chance.
Quickly, I motion for Isabella, Sebastian, C.K., and the others to gather at the back of the room. Most of them come over, but C.K. remains in the corner, sniffling. I sigh. We'll have to deal with that later.
I clear my throat quietly, so as not to alert the guards.

"Given what's happened today and all of this stuff about the All-Cure thing, I think we need to come to a decision," I say, looking around at everyone, "It's clear, and always has been, that eventually, we're all gonna die. Early, slowly, and painfully." The kids are looking at me, and swallow, "We can just give up now, let ourselves die, never find out if there's anything more than this. Or...we could try to escape. We might still die, but we'll die doing something, rather than holed up in some lab, like rats."

Isabella and Nimsi smile and nod, their faces set with determination. Others, like Sebastian, look skeptical.

"We have nothing that could help us escape!" He says snidely, "We wouldn't stand a chance."

"Not true," I say, "We have these sunglasses...and I can see in the dark now, 'cause of the thing they did to my eyes."

"So?" C.K. speaks up finally, "Not much to go on, isn't...Oh, Christopher would know what to do..."

I smile grimly, "No, it isn't much to go on. But I have an idea. If we take apart these glasses, I think I can figure out how to pick the lock. We'll have to do it at night, so I can see without being blinded, but it's possible."
Last edited by RedBird on Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
And remember...A portkey can be any sort of harmless object...A football...or a dolphin.
~Snape, AVPM

"You are the egg, you are the chrysalis, you are the progeny. You are the rot that falls from stars."
~Will Henry, on Typhoeus magnificum

141 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:40 pm
Firestalker says...

*Hey Coco! Thank you for the warm welcome. :) I'm glad to be a part of the team, hehe.*

Dr. Crawford

Brittany entered the room that Link and Nimsi were being kept in. There were guards in there too, like the rest of the halls, but only a few. Two to be exact. Avoiding eye contact she walked towards Link and checked his pulse. It was steady.

Link suddenly groaned and pulled his hand inwards. He then proceeded to say something that sounded like "I feel... bad..."

Brittany laughed, it seemed that giving him alcohol was the best idea she had come up with in a while, "of course you do! Remember the hangover that I was talking about? Well this is it!"

Link did not reply at first, instead looking at Brittany as if she had gone mad. This of course sent her into another fit of laugher.

Link groaned again, "not funny..." he said, his speech still slurred.

Brittany smiled, "calm down Lin... subject 01150, you'll be fine. You seem to have already been administered with the All-cure and it's... it's going to cure you and make you feel much better okay?"

Link nodded silently. She didn't know if he was trusting her or is he was merely too drunk to disagree. It frightened her. She didn't know what would happen to Link now that Dr Von Ray administered the All-cure. If it indeed attacked the parts of the body that were effected by the illness, or in this case alcohol, the side effects would occur with relation any organ or body part that was effected by the alcohol. The possibilities were endless. And how long would it take to take effect? Brittany was feeling nervous, the kind of nervous that one gets when one is impatient and afraid of the results.

"Your going to be all right... don't worry, you're going to be fine" she kept reassuring Link partly for his sake but mainly for her own, "don't worry... don't worry Link"

*Sorry for the time it took for me to reply. *
Last edited by Firestalker on Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--

141 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:58 pm
Firestalker says...

*sorry about the double post guys, YWS seems to resent me for my long absence... it doesn't let me post edit the last post... for some reason... sadly... sorry... :(*

Mal

Pen, pen, pen, pen. Fiddling with a pen was so much fun. Mal smiled to himself as he attempted quite unsuccessfully to balance the bright blue pen on his index finger. He managed to achieve his goal for a few seconds and his smile widened.

There was a knock on the door. Mal looked around the office he was in. It was temporarily his but it felt awkward, too not him.

"Come in come in, whoever you are" Mal called out, loud enough surely for the knocker to hear.

As he had expected the knocker did indeed enter.

"Ahhh Mr. Mont... mon? Montgomery! yes! Mr. Montgomery," Mal paused for a moment, "well hello! What brings you here? Got another job for me have you? I'd love it! Don't tell me! Another facility? Success rates, violent mice, the usual, right?"

The man who had entered refused to speak at first. Mal had always seemed to have a unnerving effect on him. It was not as though Montgomery was afraid of Mal. But to Montgomery, strict and brutal though he may be, it still seemed wrong that such a thing could be called human.

"Yes... they seem to be doing fine, but our superiors wanted to take a look at them. You don't have to do anything... complicated, just check on then and... remind them of our company policy if they forget, understand?" Montgomery spoke, his voice as demanding and as superior as it always was.

Mal stared at the man for more than a mere moment. "Of course" he smiled finally, "I'm sure I can do my job better than you do yours, so don't worry Montgomery, do not worry. After all, without you, where would I get my research material!"

Mal laughed but Montgomery did not. He just stood there and stared down at the thin man who sat on his temporary office seat, "that will be all Dr. Connery, good riddance."

Montgomery turned around and was about to exit when Mal's voice stopped him.

"Wait, don't inform them of my visit will you? I..." Mal licked his lips in anticipation, "I want to spend some time with the mice before I meet the cats!"

Montgomery left the room without a word, leaving Mal in a fit of hysterical laughter.

*How's that? :P*
--

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:03 pm
Starrywolf says...

(Sorry again for the time between posts.)

Sebastian

"We have nothing that could help us escape!" I pointed out. "We wouldn't stand a chance."

"Not true," Micah said, "We have these sunglasses...and I can see in the dark now, 'cause of the thing they did to my eyes."

"So?" C.K. said from the corner, "Not much to go on, isn't...Oh, Christopher would know what to do..."

Micah gave a weak smile. "No, it isn't much to go on. But I have an idea. If we take apart these glasses, I think I can figure out how to pick the lock. We'll have to do it at night, so I can see without being blinded, but it's possible."

"The least you can do is let him try." Isabella says as a reply to a few skeptical looks. "If he can't figure it out, it's not like you all will get in trouble."

A moment of awkward silence. "If and when something goes wrong, I'm not about to lie for anybody." I sigh.

"Whatever floats your boat. Any more comments, questions, suggestions?" Micah looked around at everybody.

God, I hope they don't mess this up.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:43 pm
*coco says...

Dr. Abrams

Dmitri stepped into the elevator. As the doors closed and he began to descend upwards, he let out the breath he’d been holding all this time. Mr. Montgomery had bought it. He couldn’t believe that his spur-of-the-moment idea had actually done the trick. Whether it was down to luck or Mr. Montgomery’s plain ignorance, Dmitri wasn’t sure, all he knew was that his idea worked. The only problem now, of course, was that they would have to make the proposed psychological all-cure drug.

Drug 208, he supposed they’d call it.

He rubbed his temples wearily as he stepped out onto his office floor and walked down the familiar glass corridor. He had to admit, he was slightly annoyed by the fact that Mr. Montgomery had asked him to work on this new drug as well as supervise drug 207. Dmitri enjoyed work just as any other doctor in the building but even he had a limit. Unfortunately, he had no choice but to do as he was asked.

Spotting him, his receptionist, Mandy, popped her head up from behind her desk.

“Having a good day so far, sir?” she asked, with another one of her dazzling smiles. How she could be so happy all the time, Dmitri didn’t know.

“No one’s died, so I guess it has,” was his only response to the question before he changed the subject. “I am expecting Dr. Grey in my office soon. When she’s here, please show her in. And some coffee would be nice,” he added as an afterthought.

Mandy nodded eagerly, “Okay, sir.”

Dmitri nodded back at her in thanks before walking into his office.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

141 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:33 pm
Firestalker says...

*Did anyone else notice that whenever you press the 'post' button your previous post pops up in the white box for typing? Or is that just me...?*

*Also, Hey Starrywolf nice to meet you! :)*

Mal

Mal walked down the bleak and guard infested hall. He noticed the glances the guards gave him. Scum. He would have fired them all if it were not for the fact that they actually needed the guards.

He reached the room that the majority of the mice were supposed to be kept, or at least the interesting ones. Apparently his main reason to be here was not to supervise, it was to help the doctors in the facility develop a new All-Cure for psychological disorders. He had been tricked, partially at least. Enticed by a minor detail, he had jumped into something he would not like.

Mal scoffed, as if that'll work anyway. He hadn't completely believed in the physical All-cure either but for there to be a mental one... it was just impossible. The brain was too... interesting of a thing to be cured. Besides, Mal reasoned, 'cure' was a relative term, for all he knew the cure would rid humans of their humanity.

"I wonder how that would turn out?" he said to himself.

"Excuse me... sir?" one of the guards piped in.

The man dressed in classic white doctors attire looked at the guard who wore a classic guard uniform.

"You are relieved of your duties, go do what you usually do when you have free time... sleep! shoo!" Mal brushed them away, showing them his ID card to confirm his orders.

The guards saluted him and walked away, clearly overjoyed. Mal fiddled through his set of keys and found the one he was looking for.

"And now to see my little mice" he whispered, opening the door.

"Whatever floats your boat. Any more comments, questions, suggestions?" asked a red haired boy, beside him several others intently listening.

"How about walking out the door which is conveniently open now" Mal said smiling at them.

The mice stared at him. They stared as if they were looking at the most horrifying thing in a while. They did not speak either.

Mal blinked, "well now don't be rude. Hi! I'm Mal. Dr. Mal if you would" he smiled again, "yes I'm a doctor. You know, the people who use you as test subjects? Yeah, I'm one of them. Hi again!" he waved.

They still didn't speak, Mal was about to sigh when finally the Red haired mouse, Micah if he remembered correctly, stood up. "We've never seen you around before."

"Ahh well yes, see I'm different... I don't like opening you up to examine your insides. No no no!" Mal smiled, I do it for fun!

They looked at each other. They weren't sure who I was and had no way of effectively communicating their thoughts between themselves. Interesting behaviour.

"Now now, don't worry. You interest me, that's why I sent the guards outside away and left the door open... you know, for you to escape. Isn't it much more easier than whatever you are might or will do?"

Again they didn't speak, "And we can trust you?" another one of the mice spoke. It was a brown haired boy this time, Sebastian was it?

He had seemed quite reserved, perhaps the others' silence had prompted him to speak. More interesting behaviour.

"Well no... you can't... in fact I advise you against trusting me... yes, never trust me, you'll live longer." Mal looked around the group of mice.

Mal sighed at their blank and somewhat still shocked faces, "look. You either escape or stay here. Your choice. If you want a catch, here it is. I want to see how far you get before you're caught again. I've already sent the closest guards away and opened the doors for you. If you get caught you will not be held responsible, also if you do escape you're surely worth your free..."

Mal spotted a blonde boy silent in the corner; small and seemingly lonely. "Oh!" Mal gasped in surprise, "You!" he exclaimed before approaching the boy as slow as he could be.

He seemed frightened, too frightened. Interesting, perhaps his friend left him?

"C.K!! Subject 24601!! I am such a big fan!" Mal gasped at him. He loved his schizophrenics, "it's an honour to meet you! It's been a while since I met someone with such a... calibre of speciality! You... I... Wow... oh... by the way, where's... Christopher? He doesn't seem to be close..."

*Sorry for the long post and sorry for posting so soon... I was just excited. Hopefully none of your have any problem, I'm willing to change it!*
--

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:37 pm
roostangarar says...

*Fire, you're going to have to change Britt's post. In Link's, I mention that Von Ray already administered the All-cure.
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

141 Reviews

Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:42 pm
Firestalker says...

*Ahh.... I had not noticed :) Sorry roostangarar, my bad. Edited as asked. Hope it's better? :). Sorry again for the inconvenience... being the new guy gives me the writing jitters :P*
--

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:10 am
Chirantha says...

Nobody move! I'm reserving this post. :D

RedBird - Nimsi is still in the testing room. She's completely paralyzed so you'll have to edit your post. And also, did "Princessofdarkness" quit the storybook?

Firestalker - Well, it seems like you made yourself the ultimate insane character. ;)

Nimsi

She opened her eyes as the door opened. She could not see whom it was, as she could not raise herself. She followed the sound of the person's footsteps.

She then heard Link saying something that pretty much sounded like, "I... feel... bad..."

The person who came in laughed. It was a girlish laugh, from which Nim recognized the person as Dr. Crawford. She tried to move something, anything, but for all that mattered, her body was not her own.

She turned her head to her right, staring at the doctor as she made conversation with an obviously drunk Link. She heard her saying,

"Don't worry" and "You are going to be alright" but it sounded like she was talking mostly to her self, reassuring herself against the effect of the all-cure.

"Help me." The voice that came out her was barely louder than a whisper. Taking a deep breath, she screamed, "Help!" but that too sounded strangled in her dry throat, but it was loud enough to be heard by Dr. Crawford. She came over to her. Nim breathed in the scent of perfume and sweat coming from the doctor.

"What is it sweetie?" She asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"I can't... move." Nim replied weakly, her voice a whisper.

"What do you mean?" Dr. Crawford asked, her eyes widening with concern. She took Nim's small arms in her hands and drew a rubber hammer from inside her lab coat. She then grasped her arm at the elbow with her thumb on the top and hit her thumb several times. Getting no reflex from Nim, she stood up and went to the foot of Nim's bed. Grasping her ankle, she used the end of her hammer to stroke the sole of Nim's foot. She frowned as there was no response from the ankle.

"When did this happen?" She asked, then she gasped, covering her mouth with a hand. Lowering her hand, "It wasn't after I gave you the all-cure, is it?" Sounding scared.

Nimsi nodded.

"I have to tell Dr. Grey this." She murmured, and fished out a large phone out of her lab coat. She hurriedly typed something into it and then put it back in her pocket.

"What do I do now?" She said to herself.

"Please... don't kill me." Nim whispered, tears flowing down her face again.

"It's alright sweetie, I won't let that happen to you." She assured. Her hand came up, as if to stroke Nimsi's head but the guards behind her, made her think better of it. "We'll think of something."

Britt stared at her helplessly.

Nimsi knew that there was a fair chance that she'll never be able to walk again. This thought brought more tears. She closed her eyes, hoping she would die and be born somewhere else.
Last edited by Chirantha on Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Warden: "If you want to lead, all you have to do is ask."
Alistair: "What? Lead? Me? No, no, no. No leading. Bad things happen when I lead. We get lost, people die, and the next thing you know I'm stranded somewhere without any pants."
- Dragon Age

Need a review?

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:20 am
Searria H. says...

*not moving*
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:04 pm
roostangarar says...

I listened to the conversation that was conducted between Dr. Crawford and Nimsi, and it filled me with fear; not to mention sadness. Nimsi was paralysed! As well as being sympathetic however, there were also the complications it brought to my plans. Escaping from this prison with a paralysed party member would be infinitely more difficult than I had planned.

"So Link, how's your hangover?" Although Britt was trying to be cheerful, I could detect the tremble in her voice.
"Gaaaaaagh." I elaborate the situation by clutching my head; my eyes clenched shut. She frowns and checks a chart.
"Strange, the All-cure was administered nearly three hours ago, it really should have taken effect by now. Even if it hadn't, the hangover should have worn off slightly at least..." She tailed off, and the implications were dangerously clear to me.

I felt two pairs of hands drag me up off the bench, and I was carried out of the room with my feet trailing on the ground. I thought I heard Dr. Crawford telling them to be gentle, but the thumping in my head had been turned up to eleven by the roughness of the guards so I wasn't sure. I must have only been dragged along for a few minutes, but it felt like hours due to the torment I was going through.

I had intended to try and formulate a dastardly escape plan with Nimsi in the time we were left alone after von Ray left, but the pair of guards that were currently escorting me had materialised as if by magic. It was very frustrating, especially since it was the perfect opportunity to do so.

Without any warning whatsoever, I was hurled unceremoniously through the doorway to our communal cell. Pulling myself upright, I was immediately aware of Micah, Isabella - who was grinning widely -, Sebastian - still in the corner, still observing everything -, and C.K, all of whom were staring at a rather short, very strange looking man. I wasn't the tallest fourteen year-old, but I towered over him. His eyes were mad-looking and his hands were never still. He had obviously just dropped a major bombshell, due to the disbelief on everyone's face.

"What did I miss?" I enquire sweetly, "and who's the midget?"
I hae but ane gallant son, and if he were to follow me in my footsteps, how proud I shall be.

Time isn't a straight line. It's a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff

"You, who have all the passion for life that I have not? You, who can love and hate with a violence impossible to me? Why you are as elemental as fire and wind and wild things..."
— Gone With the Wind