Young Writers Society

Camp Adventure! ( closed- started)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:40 pm
Fortissimo says...

Jackson Douglas
4:00pm

I had unpacked my bag in ten minutes, got a visit from Simon, and I'm already homesick. I walked over to the dining hall, hoping for a snack. Unfortunately, the door was locked. I wandered around back, looking for a back door. What I got was an open window.

I pulled myself up and into the kitchen. Suddenly, I heard an odd noise coming from the stove. I ducked quietly behind the counter and poked my head around. What I saw was Jack Holeson, and I was sure he was pulling some prank. I grabbed some chips and headed back to the window to get Paul. As I was crawling back out the window, someone held me back.

"Where do you think you're going?" Jack said. "If a counselor finds me, you're gonna pay." I was sure I stopped breathing.

"I just came for some chips," I replied. "I swear I didn't follow you."

"You liar!" He was ripped the chip bag out of my hand, and threw it on the ground. He was about to stomp on the bag, when I stopped him.

"WAIT! If you step on that, it'll be loud, and someone will know we're in here. And then they'll find out about whatever you were doing to the stove."

"Alright, nerd, I'll listen to you, but just this once. But don't think that you have the upper hand." He was about to punch me, when he hesitated.

"Wait, I know what I'll do. You broke into the closed kitchen and was about to steal chips, I can-"

"I wouldn't consider being hungry a crime..." I said.

"You be my lookout, while I put this firecracker in the stove. When the stove heats up, it'll explode dinner!"
Live Life. Love Life. Be A Writer. YWS(:

All we are saying is give peace a chance.
~John Lennon

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
~John Lennon

http://www.charitywater.org/

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:38 am
Sunshine says...

Let's get a little soccer on the road!

Mia Russo

How did April know I liked sports? Although soccer wasn't anywhere near my best sport, I can admit I was already having fun passing the ball around with April. Not to mention...was that a competetive grin on her face? I chuckled to myself, sending another kick in April's direction.

"Hey can I join?" A male voice called, making both April and I turn around.

A kid with shaggy black hair was walking towards us, a smile on his face. He was still a fair distance away, but April called out, "Sure!"

He broke into a slow trot, reaching us at a decent enough pace. He was pretty good-looking, with his dark hair and striking blue eyes.

"I'm Damien...you ladies are...?"

"April." She introduced herself.

"I'm Mia." I followed in suit.

"Well, Mia and April..."

April began to dribble the ball between her feet and Damien made a motion for her to kick it at him. She did, and he caught it. Not wanting to be left out, I stole it from him, and kicked it over to April. He let out a laugh-grunt of protest. Things went on in that way for awhile, us not having enough kids for a real game and pretty much just playing steal-and-kick-the-ball.

Lame, I know. Movin' a little foward though, right?
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:14 am
fictionfanatic says...

Jaq

I began to unpack, unfolding and refolding my clothes neater, putting them in the (dresser/closet?), put my shoes beneath my bed. Next I hung my posters of guitars, designers, models (thin and plus sized), a couple of different bands (Tracy Chapman, Aerosmith, Nirvana, Metallica, Jason Mraz, Tegan and Sara, Adele, Amy Winehouse (RIP) etc), and pictures of my family and friends from home. As I put the rest of my things away, I heard a thud.

A girl fell, and I couldn't help but giggle a little - I really need to stop hanging out with Torrey - he's starting to rub off on me. This thought made me laugh even harder.

Realizing she must think I'm laughing at her, I approached her, and offered her my hand to help her up. She glanced at me, then got up on her own. A smile still on my face, I walked outside and began to pick up her stuff. After the two of us gather her things, I handed them to her.

"I'm Jaq"

"Juliette" She responded.

The two of us went back inside, and I finished up unpacking.

Smiling, I yelled, so everyone in the cabin could hear, "I'm gonna look around, anyone wanna come!?"

As I turned around, a woman walked up.

"Hi!" She said chipperly, "I'm Bee, your counsler! What's your name?"

"Legally? Jacqueline Dumas. But I go by Jaq. Pleased to meet you, Bee."

She nodded and checked something off on her clipboard.

Nodding to her, I said with a smile, "Excuse me, Bee, I think I'm going to look around, meet some new people."

As I wandered, I saw a soccer game going on. A huge smile spreading across my feet, I thanked God I was wearing converse and not flats today. Just then, the ball came flying towards me. Smiling, I headed the ball upwards, and caught it as it came down.

Dropping it on the ground, I tied my long platinum hair into a loose knot, untied the red bandana from my wrist, which I'd tied there just in case, and tied the bandana around my head to keep my hair up as I yelled, "Hey, I'm Jaq! Mind if I join?"

*Sorry for the length :)*
Live, Love, Laugh

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:28 pm
Amfliflier says...

Simon Pearson I hope you guys don't mind, but I'm skipping ahead a little. I wanna get this show on the road!

7:00pm

"Attention campers!" Paul's voice rang over the intercom. "It's time for dinner! Please make your way to the dining hall!" I had just finished unpacking my stuff. My various instruments were set on the other bed (that's right, for some reason there were two beds in a cabin for one counselor) and all my clothes were put away in the old wooden bureau.

I slipped on my Converse low tops and headed over to dinner. I stepped outside, then remembered my clipboard. I wasn't sure if I would need it, but I figured it made me look like I was in charge. I also grabbed my "Band Geeks Have More Fun" sweatshirt. There was going to be a bonfire after this, and I didn't want to freeze.

As I headed over to the dining hall, I made sure to keep my eye out for Jack. Guessing by his skittish performance when we first met, he was probably guilty for something.

If you want the firecracker thing to go through, go ahead. I just wasn't sure what anyone else wanted.
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:16 pm
Fortissimo says...

Bee Boydson
7:00pm-ish to 7:30pm-ish
I had just finished doing roll call for Girls Cabin B, when dinner time came around. On the way to the dining hall, when a jittery, nervous looking boy, with a slightly devious look on his face, passed me going the opposite direction. I knew this was the dreaded Jack Holeson everyone was talking about.

"Hey, you lost?" I asked. "The dining hall is this way. I may be a little late, but you couldn't have finished dinner all ready."

"I know, I forgot my sweatshirt in my cabin, I will be right back!" he replied. I knew better than to let him go back alone when everyone at camp was in the dining hall.

"I'm Bee, one of the camp counselors. Can't you get your jacket after dinner? C'mon, I heard they're serving hot dogs and hamburgers!" He reluctantly followed me. When we got to the dining hall, Jack took a seat in the corner, alone. I walked over to him after I was done eating.

"You have to at least have desert, I hear the cooks are whipping up brownies right now." It was no use, he didn't budge. After a few minutes, we heard a shrill scream coming from the kitchen. Simon and I exchanged looks, but when we glanced over to Jack, he was gone.
Live Life. Love Life. Be A Writer. YWS(:

All we are saying is give peace a chance.
~John Lennon

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
~John Lennon

http://www.charitywater.org/

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:25 pm
Amfliflier says...

Hey guys!

First of all, I think this SB is off to a great start! But it'd be awesome if some more people could post! I know we're all busy with our schedules, but even just a simple post to let us know you're still with us would be appreciated.

Thanks so much! :)

~Amfli
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:08 pm
Betheny says...

Cassidy

I hadn't managed to get on top of the rock. Fallen about a million times but no successful climbing career for me. I've no idea how but I'd been at it for almost four hours, I'm suprised I hadn't given up long before. At that moment I heard a voice over the camp intercom:
"Attention campers! It's time for dinner! Please make your way to the dining hall!" What?! I thought, I can't be late to dinner. Thankfully I saw a path nearby and I took it, hoping for the best, hoping that it would take me to where I wanted to go. Luckily I caught a glimpse of some other girls and followed them. It wasn't long before we reached the dinning hall. As soon as we walked in all I could smell was hotdogs and hamburger, and they actually smelt good in comparison to my Mum's. When it was time for desert, all that came out of the kitchen were screeming cooks.

Damien

No-one else joined in with our mini football game. A bit of a same really because it was actually quite fun. Together the girls and I walked to the dinning hall, April led the way as neither Mai nor myself knew where we were actually going. On the way we chatted, each telling one another why we'd come here and what we were looking forward to the most. When we got there the girls got their food first gointo sit at April's 'usuall table' while I lingered by the door watching a dark haired girl pick her way to a table as isolated as she could get. I bit my lip, I couldn't sit with her... What would everyone else think? Jeesh, I starting to sound like my parents...
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:14 pm
gleek456 says...

Hi guys! I'm really sorry, but I can't go on with this SB. I've been caught up with time and other SBs. I'm sorry and have fun!

- gleek456 <3
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

snacks are relevant to every situation and your argument is invalid
— LemonTheDorkyPanda