z

Young Writers Society

Camp Adventure! ( closed- started)

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:33 pm
Amfliflier says...

Hey posum, maybe you didn't see my post, but it's 2:45pm. Sorry for any confusion.
Forever for All <3

MUSIC RULES! :)

Everyday is Earth Day! :D

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:46 pm
Betheny says...

Cassidy

Sat curled up in Cabin B on my new bed for the Summer, I had my head firmly in a book already. I nodded as other girls came over and said 'hi' but that was the only real response I gave. Glancing down at my pocket watch I'd left open by my side, I saw that it was already 2:45. I might as well explore. On my way out I tried to smile at another girl who was reading but she was too absorbed by her book, much like I could be... Once outside I headed straight for the beach by the lake, there are always good hiding places by the beach. When I get there I see a boy just starting to leave, an odd shape in his pocket, but he passes me by without noticing me. Ah, well. I have a whole Summer of this, why not get used to it now? I thought.

Damien

"Yeah... Bye Mum." I sighed
"You sure you'll be okay" She called trilly back to me
"Jesus," I muttered under my breath "Yeah I'll be fine, now would you please just go?" She opened her mouth in protest but stopped when she remembered that I was her 'special child'. God my parents were so pushy. Mum smiled and waved at me as my Dad drove away. Thank god they're gone, a whole Summer to myself. I so unveleivably happy with this idea I nearly walked straight into the door of the boy's cabin. Smoothly recovering I sauntered in. Nobody there, except a ridiculously messy pile of bags on two of the beds. Unpacking, I stared to hum to myself.
I never expected it to take me so long to unpack but by the time I was done it was 2:45pm, and another lad had just walked in.
"Hi, name's Damien. You?" I asked offering my hand.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

22 Reviews

Reviews: 22
Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:23 pm
posum says...

poo
To die is to lose and I always win
except for that one time...
that really hurt...

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:18 pm
Sunshine says...

Posum-You posted the same post like nine times. Could you...could you delete it? It's bugging me.

Funkymomo- Can you post? You've been modding, but not posting! :D
I have loved the words and I have hated them. I only hope I have made them right.

---The Book Thief---

Hi, I'm Sunshine! It's lovely to meet you!

22 Reviews

Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:08 am
posum says...

I can't delete my post- you can only delete if it's the last post on the storybook.
that really hurt...

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:15 am
Funkymomo says...

Posum- Delete them, and you can't have your magic powers.

Sunshine- I've been too busy to post lately, I'll get right on it ;)

April Peterson

I pretended to read while waiting for Mia to finish putting her stuff away. I thought of things we could do together when she was done.

"So, do you want to wait here for the other girls?" I asked.

She shrugged, "I don't care. This is my first year here, I don't know the place very well."

"I could show you around, maybe we'll see our other cabin mate. I bet she got lost, it's a pretty big camp."

" Yeah, I guess. So you've been here before?" She asked.

" Yeah, a few years. You seem athletic, want to go to the fields? We can start a game of soccer or something."

"Cool, let's go." We walked out of the cabins and over to the fields. On the way we talked about sports and books and stuff. I could already tell that Mia was competitive. I grabbed a soccer ball from the storage shed and we passed it around for a while.
Last edited by Funkymomo on Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:53 am
Fortissimo says...

The posts can't be deleted unless it's the LAST post in the "forum." Because people posted after him, he can't delete them.
Live Life. Love Life. Be A Writer. YWS(:

All we are saying is give peace a chance.
~John Lennon

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
~John Lennon

http://www.charitywater.org/

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:16 am
Funkymomo says...

He can delete what's in them so they're shorter. ;)
Light one candle instead of cursing the darkness.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:35 pm
View Likes
DaSpetsnaz says...

Josh

After 45 minutes of attempting to convince Jack I wasn't going to do anything illegal this summer, to no success I broke of and went back to my cabin to unpack. Jack and I weren't super close friends, but back in the day we were. We would hang out every weekend, even if there was nothing to do. We began to grow apart when he started to go down the wrong road. We still kept in touch though, and he did teach me some useful tricks. Maybe this summer would be a new beginning for our friendship. When I walked through the door, there was a different kid there, not Jackson. This kid was much older, my age, maybe a little older.

He stuck out his hand. "Hi, name's Damien. You?"

After meeting up with Jack, my confidence was boosted slightly, so I responded with no hesitation. "My name's Josh," I said, shaking his hand. I released his hand and started to unpack my stuff. "What program are you here for?" I asked.

"Me? I'm not here for a program, I came to escape from my parents." Damien seemed happy when he said that. "Why are you here?" he asked.

"I'm here for the music program, I play the trumpet." I said while putting my empty bags under my bed.

"Oh, cool," Damien said.

"Hey, I'll see you later," I told Damien as I left the cabin again to go find Jack, or anyone, I didn't really care.
"Is this the real life, or is this just fantasy? Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

-Queen

22 Reviews

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:00 pm
posum says...

Jack Holeson
that really hurt...

151 Reviews

Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:53 pm
Amfliflier says...

Simon Pearson

3:00pm

I looked at the clipboard, thinking where I might be able to find Jack Holeson. It was my job to keep track of him, and so far I wasn't doing too great. I figured I might as well figure out who else was here and who wasn't, so I could find the missing people.

I opened the creaky door to boy's Cabin B. Three boys were inside, which was good, because only three were assigned to this cabin. One of them, the smallest boy I'd seen all day, was picking spiderwebs out of the corner by his bunk. One of them was unpacking his things, and the other one was just about to leave. The kid unpacking his bag noticed me walking in.

"Are you our counselor?" He asked. The other two turned to see who I was.

"Yep, my name's Simon. What are your names?" The kid with the black hair answered first.

"I'm Damien. Damien Bleakwater." I checked his name off the list. The short kid in the corner turned back to his spiderwebs, and answered facing the wall.

"My name is Jackson." I'm not sure why he was so preoccupied with those spiderwebs.

"Douglas?" He nodded his head in response. I checked his name off the list too.

Finally, the shy kid answered in a near whisper.

"I'm Josh Smith. Nice to meet you." He held out his hand, and I took it.

"Nice to meet you guys. Now um, I'm not sure if you've met anyone else yet, but have any of you guys seen Jack Holeson?"

Jackson and Damien shrugged their shoulders, but Josh spoke up.

"I know him, he's here. You might have a hard time finding him though. He kind of likes to um, hide." By the tone of his voice, I could tell Jack was someone I was going to have to watch out for.

"Alright,thanks guys. I'll see you around, and come to me if you have any questions. Also, you might want to introduce yourselves to my co-counselor, Beatrice. She's the tall blonde one." The guys exchanged excited looks at the idea that someone here was beautiful and potentially single.

I laughed inwardly, and said farewell. I was about to get my stuff out of my car, when I saw a tall kid striding across the camp.

"Hey!" I shouted, trying to get his attention. He turned and looked me up and down. "Hey, are you Jack?" He looked suddenly nervous.

"Uh, y-yeah, why?" He started wringing his hands and fooling with something in his pocket. Okay, there's something seriously suspicious about this kid.

"Alright, I just needed to know you were here. I'm Simon, your counselor." I held out my hand and in order to take it, he had to bring his hand out of his pocket. Something fell out onto the ground, but he snatched it too fast so I couldn't see what it was.

"I'll see you around." He jogged off towards his cabin, looking back once, maybe to see if I was following him? Ugh, what had I gotten myself into with this Jack kid.

Sorry for such a long post!
Forever for All <3

151 Reviews

Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:46 pm
Amfliflier says...

I'm not trying to sound pushy or anything, but Forti, could you post as Bee? I'm feeling kinda lonely. ;)
Forever for All <3

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:42 pm
Betheny says...

Cassidy

Great. I was lost already... First day of summer camp: I was lost and alone, and to make it worse I'd forgotten my map back at the cabin. I was somewhere in the forest between the cabins and the lake I knew that much at least. I wasn't even on the beaten trails. Perhapes... Nope, I was completely lost. Turning 'round in hopeless circles I suddenly caught a glimpse of shimmering blue, I ran carelessly towards that sliver of blue. By the time I got to the beach I'd fallen at least eight times. Well, nobody was there to see me and laugh I supose. Wondering alond the beach, I found a rock formation jutting out from the forest not much taller than myself. Quizically I walked around it perimiter looking for and entrance: none. How about on top? I looked about for a low tree branch or something but, just my luck, there wasn't. Not wanting to give up I tried my hand at climbing the rock.

Damien

That Josh kid left rather quickly, but each to there own I supose. Not much later he was back though and another had joined us, a lad named Douglas or Jackson, I wasn't too sure. The camp counselor walked in and took register and Josh vanished agian. It didn't seem like he liked company too much. Stuffing my map in the back pocket of my jeans and set out myself, calling out to the lad obsesed with cobwebs.
"See ya' later mate." Once outside I imediatly consulted my map, where first? How about the field, it wasn't too far away and I could see it from here. It wasn't as if I'd get lost.

Once there I saw a couple of cute girls kicking a football between them.
"Hey can I join?" I shouted to them, I was still a slow dramatic walk away...
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:38 pm
EnchantedPanda says...

Juliette Farmoban

I picked myself up and walked over to the cabin which the map indicated was mine. I dragged my feet along the ground not even bothering to try and look excited or happy. My flicked my head so that my fringe flopped over my eyes and I looked like I couldn't see anyone. It was stupid I knew but somehow I found comfort when it was dark and my fringe shielded my eyes from the sun.

I continued walking and just as I was about to enter into the cabin I tripped over and fell flat on my face. My bag flew out of my hand and into the air and the bag and all its contents splayed across the floor in all directions. My jeans and t-shirt got covered in dirt as I tripped straight into the floor.

I heard everyone stop and stare at me and then out of nowhere I heard a loud cackling and I looked up to see everyone howling with laughter. Wow I thought to myself some camp this is gonna' be...

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:08 pm
Fortissimo says...

Bee Boydson
3:15pm

"Hey, Bee!" Simon stopped me and handed over a clipboard. "Paul says to take roll. Now I've got to go practice reveille for tomorrow and keep track of Jack Holeson at the same time. If you see a really tall kid wandering around, getting into trouble, let me know."

"Alright, good luck!" I headed off to Cabin A. When I got there, everyone was unpacking and decorating. "Hey everyone, I'm Bee, your co-counsler with Simon, and the girl cabins advisor."

There were three girls who looked like they were already getting along. YES, that's such a good sign! "Ok, is April here?"

"That's me!" A small redhead raised her hand.

"How about Rose?" A peppy girl sat up from her bunk. "Here!" She waved and smiled.

"Last, but not least, Mia?" Mia was sitting on her bunk unpacking her suitcase, and had a bunch of swimsuits laying around. I liked her already! "Have fun ladies! Don't forget to explore the camp and make it to dinner at 7. A real schedule will begin tomorrow."

"How are the girls?" Simon was outside on the music pavilion, and saw me leaving Girls Cabin A.

"They're great! But from what I hear, the Cabin B girls are a bit harder to get along with." I replied.

"Most of the guys are shy, nerdy, or juvenile delinquents. At least I have a few artsy ones." said Simon.

"There's this one shy-ish girl, Mia, who's really into swimming like me, which is awesome! Well, off to Cabin B!"

"Good luck."

Sorry for the long post, I've been working on it over the past few days(:
Live Life. Love Life. Be A Writer. YWS(:

All we are saying is give peace a chance.
~John Lennon

As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.
~John Lennon

http://www.charitywater.org/

If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray, remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind