Young Writers Society

Seventh Shadow~ Started (4 Spots open)

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:16 pm
View Likes
Redfang18 says...

Luke Lucario | Ballroom

I almost thought this strange man with a black mask was about to hit me, but what kept my attention on him was the gem on the tip of his sword's hilt. Right there on the top of the hilt of a very round emerald. Just staring at it almost drove me mad.
The Phantom Thief in me snapped, Pull yourself together, Lucario. If you know what's good for you, wait until the man's not looking and pry the emerald off the sword. You already have up to twenty swords back at the Hide, so just wait until he has his attention on someone else and take the emerald.
Although I was likely to steal the emerald from the man the same way I stole the comb from Lily, I knew I had to wait before I could make the steal. I couldn't understand why the man had his eyes on me, but it makes my job as a master thief a little more of a challenge than I thought. I can't make a steal if someone's watching me. If someone catches me stealing, it's off to rotting in the dungeons with me in less than a heartbeat. Eight years of being a thief was a dangerous life, but I managed it this far by patience. I seemed to catch the man's eye somehow. Normally, it was women that draw to me when they see me. Having a man drawn to me was a very different tale. Whatever made him lay his eyes on me, it had to be something that I have. I couldn't understand it, not even an inkling.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:53 pm
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

Rose|Ballroom

I finally threw my sketchbook back onto the table beside me with a sigh, looking around for Belle but knowing I wouldn't be able to spot her. Still, I looked around desperately for someone I knew. Heck, I'd even settle for seeing my brother, or Luke. Just something, someone that would make me feel I wasn't a complete stranger to everyone here in this room. Cherry climbed onto my shoulders, combing through my hair and licking my cheek affectionately. I swatted her tongue away, wiping her slobber off my face as my eyes continued to scan the ballroom.

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:53 am
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

(Here I am. I'm not letting this SB die away. Noooooooooo way. Brilliant performance, Redfang. It was great to have interacted with your wonderful Luke. Hey, if anyone wants to approach Lily, feel free! I leave my character in your hands.)

Lily Emin, Ballroom
I clasped my hand around the chain, feeling the cold, smooth links. Why did he give that to me?
The side of my head felt a bit light. My comb was gone.
So, he gave me the medallion and took the comb. Without waiting for my confirmation, not very gentlemanly.
"I must be going, pretty lady. I have to go before my presence becomes an unwanted guest." he had said.
What had he meant by 'unwanted guest'?

A terrible thought arose in me.

Luke had stolen that comb. He was a thief and- and a heartbreaker.

If so, why had he given up the medallion for the comb? Surely the medallion was worth more?
No, he wasn't a thief, he couldn't have been. Then why did he take your comb?

Fighting against my notions, I decided to occupy my mind with something else.

I strolled around the room aimlessly, looking for an interesting face. Anything to keep my mind off Luke.
There was a blond boy with a monkey on his shoulder, and a drawing in his hand.
Being a watercolour painter myself, I was quite interested.

But, lots of people, anyone would suffice.

When this is over, I think I will paint someone with eyes like Luke's. Not Luke himself, it would bother my thoughts endlessly. A cat maybe? Maybe I should use acrylics for once instead of watercolours. Acrylics are more vivid and defining in colour.
With that thought, I was content. For the moment, at least.
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:16 pm
View Likes
FruityBickel says...

Rose|Ballroom

I noticed the young woman eye me from her place across the room, probably taking in my out of place clothes with disdain. I looked down at myself and realized just how much I looked like a kid from the streets, with my raggedy jeans and army green jacket. Cherry continued to lick my cheek as she combed through my hair, and I swatted her away with an annoyed, "Would you mind, you filthy mongrel?"
She whimpered, and I sighed. "I'm sorry, baby girl." I said, scratching her head. "I'm just a bit worked up, is all." My eyes traveled back to the young woman with the medallion around her neck, and I wondered about approaching her. She looked wealthy enough to have some valueables on her, maybe I could-
No, Rose. I told myself firmly. You are not a thief. Not anymore. Pulling my knees up to my chest, I began to fiddle with my anklet. I noticed that it was sapphire. Funny, I thought. I could have sworn they were emeralds. Dismissing the thought with little concern, I sighed as the young woman approached me. Her eyes seemed to drift from my clothes, to Cherry, to my drawing on the table, which I quickly picked up and held against my chest as though to hide it from view. She smiled at me and said, "Hello, I'm Lily."
"Rose," I nodded. "My name is Rose." I waited for her to mock my girly name, like most people who hear it often do.

they got that magical iridescence that you don't expect to be on a sky rat y'know
— Ari11