The Rumoured (Closed/ Started)

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:50 am
Iggy says...

(I vote modern. Think Gossip Girl xD)

Rachel|Richards' House

"What do I want? I want to take Beck to the mall, as if it's any of your business." Rachel sneered at Quinn, throwing a sausy wink at Beck. "Come on Beck."

"The mall?" Beck looked confused.

Rachel rolled her eyes inwardly. "Yes, the mall."

"Uhm." he glanced nervously at Quinn.

"She isn't your warden Beck. You can go to the mall if you want." Rachel said, walking over to him and running a hand through his golden locks.

"Don't touch my boyfriend, you stank!" Quinn shrieked.

"I can if I want to, warden." Rachel snapped, glaring daggers at her ex-BFF.

"He doesn't want you to!" Quinn hissed, turning her angry gaze on Beck. "Right?!"
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:37 am
LovelessSummer says...

Beckham Richards | Richards' Manor (The only thing I could think while reading that was "Ladies, ladies, there's no need to fight. There's enough Beck for everyone.")

Well at least now I knew Damien was not lying when he said I'd better have a way to explain myself.

The girl's were yelling, talking over each other and mingling their words. I didn't know who to listen to. I suppose I should listen to Quinn, she was my girlfriend. Or was she? And what is this talk about going out with Rachel?

I clear my throat and step between the two bickering ladies, holding a hand out towards each of them to end their advancements on each other. If things were going to come to blows I'd rather it not be in my living room around my Mother's expensive decor.

"Ladies, please," I say in my usual calm and even voice, "let us take this outside. My parents are still asleep, you see, and I'd hate for them to be awaken by your... quarreling."

They both huff in unison, which was slightly amusing, and I usher them both outside with a gentle push on their backs. We go around to the garden, on the opposite side of my parent's bedroom, and I take a seat in my favorite chair that sits right under my apple tree and next to mother's rose bed. With a deep sigh I run a hand through my hair and address both ladies wearily.

"Quinn," I start, "I am terribly sorry for this. I can not recall exactly what happened last night and I'd no intention to hurt you, love, but it seems I have. I apologize with the utmost sincerity."

My words were dull and too even, even to my own ears, but I could simply not inject more feeling into what I was saying. It was this way with everything. I could only pray she didn't find me to be saying this because I had to but, from the look on her face, I couldn't really tell anything. With another sigh I turn to Rachel. Another flash of last night's ball hits me and I pinch the bridge of my nose in an effort to regain composure. This sudden memory too involved Rachel.

"Rachel, last night was a mistake. I've no idea what happened or why I was even in a situation in which we had the opportunity to snog," I pronounce the slang word slowly, unsure. "But I can assure you that it will never happen again." Another memory, Rachel pressed flat against me, cameras going off, flashing lights that we ignore, her whispering something into my ear...

I press a hand over my eyes and groan loudly, aggravated and uncomfortable.

"With that said, Rachel, I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Actually, I'm going to have to ask the both of you to leave. I'm not feeling well, my head is killing me, and I'm dirty."

"You're dirty because you were on this skank all night," Quinn hisses, glaring daggers at me.

I sigh and stand up.

"I'm sorry, girls, but can we deal with this later. I'm not feeling up to it right now."

Before they answer I give a small wave and retreat inside. A hot shower and breakfast were the only two things I wanted to deal with.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:33 am
*coco says...

(Eeek, everyone's started. Hope this is okay)

Monica Harrison | Harrison Estate

‘Ah, good morning, dear!’ smiled a cheerful-looking Margaret as she approached Monica’s bed. She carried a small breakfast tray in one hand and the morning’s paper in the other. ‘I’m glad to see that you’re awake.’

Monica sighed. ‘I was never asleep.’ How could she, after what happened last night? ‘What do the papers say?’

Her maid placed the breakfast tray on Monica’s lap and handed her the folded newspaper. ‘Nothing other than what we expected...’

Monica unfolded the paper and scanned the gossip column. There was something about Rachel kissing Quinn’s boyfriend. Monica’s brow rose at that. Knowing Quinn as well as she used to, Rachel would have a war on her hands. Then Monica’s eyes fell on her name:

‘... Dmitri Marksam has arranged for his brother, Dylan Marksam, to marry socialite Monica Harrison. This may be a good thing for Ms. Harrison, since Mr. Harrison died a few years ago, the Harrison's have been drowning in debt.’

‘Drowning in debt...’ Monica rolled her eyes and tossed the paper aside. ‘Honestly, don’t they get tired of rubbing it in?’

‘It’s their job, dear,’ Margaret smiled. ‘All you can do is try not to let it get to you.’

‘If only it were that simple,’ Monica said, miserably tearing chunks free from the French toast on her plate.

Monica’s mind drifted to last night’s annual Marksam ball. She remembered how she’d spent the evening working up the courage to tell Dmitri Marksam how she felt about him. Up till now she’d been avoiding having that conversation with him. She was scared he’d reject her. But, for some reason her father’s death seemed to bring with it the reality of how short life was, and how it should be made the most of before it was too late.

She remembered arriving at the ball full of all these different emotions; nerves, hope...excitement. She remembered seeing Dmitri dressed in his usual perfect crisp three-piece suit and the oh-so handsome smile on his face as he greeted her. She felt her face flush just thinking about it. Then her face went dark as she remembered what happened after the meal. Dmitri had got up on the stage to give a toast. Monica had stood by her table, her glass raised into the air wishing he would just hurry so she could speak with him, so she could tell him how she felt. But she never got the chance.

‘Ladies and gentlemen, on behalf of my family it is my pleasure to announce to you all the engagement of my brother Dylan Marksam and the beautiful Monica Harrison!’

Dmitri’s words continued to replay itself over and over again in her head that whole night. She knew why Dmitri had done it. She only wished that he could’ve spoken to her about it first. Maybe if he had done, she could’ve shown Dmitri how it was HIM she truly wanted and not his brother.

Monica felt her eyes swell with tears just thinking about it all, but she knew there was no point in crying. She knew she’d have to go through with this, if not for her then for the sake of her family.

She really had no choice.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:59 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Mellisa ¬

I flicked the newspaper open impatiently.

‘... Dmitri Marksam has arranged for his brother, Dylan Marksam, to marry socialite Monica Harrison. This may be a good thing for Ms. Harrison, since Mr. Harrison died a few years ago, the Harrison's have been drowning in debt.’

I snorted and then winced. The hospital smell clung to be like annoying cobwebs. This was so going to ruin the Chanel parfam. I sighed irratably and skimmed the newspaper again.

'At the biggest ball of the year, Beckham Richards, otherwise known as Beck, was caught "snogging" New York's socialite, Rachel Wilson...'

Oh, per-lease. I'd would not be caught kissing that complete fool. No, I wanted Nathan. I flounced over to the big, ornate mirror and gracefully eased myself into the chair. Ouch, I hurt all over. I pulled the comb through my curls and gently massaged the ugly purple bruise above my right eye. I picked up the mascara brush and applied it to my eyes. How could Nathan resist such beauty? I was easily the most beautiful girl here. I applied lipstick to my lips and pouted at myself in the mirror.

"Oh, Nathan, thank you! ... Oh, no, of course not, Nathan ... Yes, I would love that, Nate ... What's that? A kiss?" I jiggled in the seat and winced. Ahh.

I walked over to the cupboard and pulled it open. I plucked out a clingy, black top that showed off my body shape perfectly, and some black skinny jeans. I fluffed up my hair and marched out of my room.

"Oh, Jack?" I called out. The Butler hurried down the landing. "Tidy my room and throw the newspaper in the bin, will you darling?"

After breakfast, my Mother and Father complaining about this mornings paper- "Oh, they'll never be out of debt, there simply far too underneath," ... "Snogging Beckam? Could she really sink that low?"- I pushed open the door to our mansion, and hurried through the gate. As soon as I stepped out onto the pavement, I nearly shrieked. Cars were stretching as far as the eye could see. I shuddered and flipped my hair over my shoulder. Can you get run over on a pavement? Besides, these cars were all too ... trashy. I'd rather be run over by a Bently or a Porshe- go out in style ... I hurried onwards, eyeing the cars nervously and dodging the horrible jet black steam that spewed from the end.

I made it safely onto less clogged up roads and smiled in relief ... the smile quickly turned big as I spotted Nathan. I walked over the road, swaying my hips and gave him a flirtatious smile.

"Hey Nate, how are you today?"
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:20 pm
gleek456 says...

Quinn Willards | Harrison Household

I exited Beck's house with Rachel (oh the joy). I glared at her as the door closed in front of us. Rachel had a big smile on her face. She's smiling. Right now. How can she smile?! I rolled my eyes and turned to her.

"I hope your visit was worth it. You do know that Beck will never want to love a girl like you," I taunted. Rachel glared at me.

"Well then, has Beck ever pinned you against the wall? While-" she continued while I glared at her. My breathing got heavier and heavier. What is this girl's problem?! She definitely knows how to push someone's buttons. When she finished, I decided to make a very, very drastic choice.

"Fine then," I said. Rachel raised an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, what?" she asked. I took a deep breath and rolled my eyes.

"You can have him. Knock yourself out. Next time you see him, tell him I'm done. Since he can't really deal with this maturely," I sneered before I left. I slammed the car door shut.

"Where to, Miss Willards?" the driver asked. I thought for a minute.

"Harrison Household," I ordered. The driver nodded before stepping on the gas pedal. A few minutes later, I arrived in the front of Monica's mansion. I knocked on the door, but didn't storm in like I did with Ari. I nodded at the maid's greeting and walked in.

"Where's Monica?" I asked. The maid pointed to the Dining room. I smiled at the maid and walked in. Monica was sitting at the dining table and staring at the newspaper, while eating French toast.

"Monica? Hello," I greeted. It's been a long time since visiting Monica, but since we didn't really argue that much, we were on good terms.

"Oh, hello, Quinn," she answered. I smiled and took the newspaper from her hands. I skimmed down to see her name with Dmitri's and Dylan's.

"You're upset, aren't you?" I asked. Monica looked down and nodded.

"Well, it's your fault," I said. Monica raised an eyebrow at me.

"Way to make me feel better," she answered. I rolled my eyes.

"What I mean is, you should've confessed before," I explained. Monica opened her mouth, but I interrupted her. I have a knack for that.

"Don't tell me that you tried, because I know that you have, and failed in the process," I cut off. Monica instantly clampped her mouth shut.

"Well, how about you? Is New York's most adored couple done for?" she asked. I hit her arm.

"Yes," I replied. If Rachel wanted him, she could have him. I'm aboslutely done.

(I've got a plan! Report to the DT! Hehehe...)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

130 Reviews

Reviews: 130
Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:18 pm
*coco says...

Monica Harrison – Harrison Estate

‘Monica, where-?’

Monica’s mother stopped mid-sentence as her eyes fell on Quinn. She looked from her daughter to Quinn and her eyebrows knotted together like they usually did when she was suspicious about something.

‘Quinn? What are you doing here?’

Monica almost gaped at her mother’s rudeness. She obviously thought that Quinn was here to talk Monica out of the engagement.

‘Lovely to see you to Mrs Harrison,’ Quinn retorted with one of her usual charming smile. There was no hiding the sarcasm in her voice though. It made Monica smirk.

Her mother, however, seemed less impressed. ‘What I meant, Quinn, was that your visit is quite unexpected and at a very bad time. You see, Monica and I have a 12 o’clock appointment at the In Boutique...’

‘For what, mother?’ Monica asked. This was news to her.

Her mother rolled her eyes, ‘To get you fitted for your engagement dress, of course! In case you’ve forgotten you’ll be marrying a Marksam in a few months time and I need you looking your best.’

It was Monica’s turn to roll her eyes now. How typical of her mother? It hadn’t even been a full day since Dmitri made the announcement about the engagement, and she was already busy making plans. Had she forgotten that they were bankrupt?

‘Mother, we can’t afford the In Boutique,’ Monica said.

Her mother twitched at that. ‘Of course we can!’ she stressed. It was like she was trying to persuade herself more than anyone, but Monica wasn’t buying it. Ever since her father died, it was like her mother was living in one of her Broadway musicals instead of reality. Why couldn’t she just learn to accept the fact that they could no longer afford to live like they used to? Why couldn't she just contend herself with it, instead of making their lives so much more difficult?

‘Mother, I-’

‘I don’t want to hear anymore, Monica,’ her mother interrupted sternly. ‘The driver will be here soon so I suggest you hurry up and get ready.’ With that, her mother stormed off.

Monica watched her leave and sank deeper into her chair.

‘You don’t have to do this, you know...’ Quinn said.

Monica let out a sigh. ‘Do you have a better idea?’

‘I do, actually, and it’s a lot more simpler than all this marriage crap...’

Monica looked up at Quinn, a sceptical brow raised. ‘What’s that?’

‘Tell Dmitri how you feel about him.’

Monica didn’t even bother to respond to that suggestion. As much as she wished she could just waltz right up to Dmitri wearing her heart on her sleeve, she knew that she couldn’t. Telling Dmitri Marksam how she felt about him wasn’t even an option for her anymore.

It was far too late for that.
"Do you know what my heart says now? It says that I should forget about politics and be with you. No matter what. You're a true Queen, a Queen any King would kill for." - Prince Francis ♕

42 Reviews

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:07 am
Shadowlight says...

(I'm a dyslexic so any spelling or grammatical errors are not out of laziness. I'm sorry if there are- I tried my best. :) )

Nathan McCarthy/McCarthy home:

I slowly made my way downstairs yawning all the way down. Breakfast was just starting when I walked in- it was not a pleasant sight.

My Nephews and Nieces nursemaid had the day off today and the little savages were sitting at table making the usually relaxing meal look like some bloody military operation. The noise of their shouting was deafening to say the least- I loved it! they made breakfast so much more interesting. their conversation- or screaming followed after this fashion.

"Tommy stop kicking me!"

"I wasn't Christine was!"

"Wasn't! Jacob stop hogging all the toast, I want some!"

"I'm not hogging it! Mama, Sarah's kicking me!

"I am not, Tommy is!"

"I already said I wasn't!"

"Uncle Nate!" Little Christine squealed wriggling in her seat and accidentally flinging a spoonful of oatmeal. I grinned.

"Hello love how are you this morning?" I asked her brushing the remnants of a cornmeal muffin off my chair before sitting and reaching for the coffeepot.

"Good." she said not noticing her spoon dribbling on her. My sister in law and the mother of those little heathens was sitting across the table form me smiling benevolently on her wild brood of cannibals.

"Good Morning Natty." she shouted over the din- she always used my pet name. I smiled at her while hunting around the table for the sugar bowl- my Nephew Tommy having absconded with it. I wrestled it form his grasp before answering.

"I'm wonderful this morning, you?" she shrugged and took a sip of tea.

"Quite well, Father has just been reading the paper to us- apparently there is a scandalous gossip article this week."

Just then my father looked over his paper at me and his dark brows knit together suddenly.

"Nathan don't you have to be at the hospital early this morning?" I shrugged and buttered one of the few muffins without a bite out of the top.

"Not until ten, why?" He looked from my towards the clock, I followed his gaze and nearly choked on my muffin- it was already nine thirty!

"Damnation!" I shouted leaping out of my seat like a singed cat.

"Uncle Nate swore!" Tommy shouted, Sarah grinned in glee.

"Five cents to the bad word jar Uncle Nate!" she screamed as I fled out of the dinning room.

"Darling you'll have to walk this morning!" my mother called after me. "Your brother took the car to Bobby Thaxter's."

"To hell with Will!" I grumbled as I put on my coat and almost fell over myself going down the steep front steps. "Why did he need to take the car? it is barely a five minute walk!" I continued to growl and talk to myself- a bad habit I have never been able to break.

Thankfully I am used to walking to the hospital and it really was only a twenty minute fast walk. I had to go Down fifth avenue then across 34th street, then crossing a few residential side streets to get to the hospital.

I had only been walking a few short moments when I heard a voice calling behind me.

"Nathan!" I turned to see Melissa Murray of all people hurrying along up the sidewalk to meet me. I tipped my hat and bowed slightly.

"Good morning Miss Murray." I was surprised to see her outdoors so soon after her horrific accident, she had only been home a few days. She smiled and giggled- apparently something I said was funny to her.

"Oh Nathan always so formal, you can call me by my first name you know- it is 1900, not the dark ages."

Now I had not talked much with Melissa and her behavior confused me, why was she being so friendly? Apart from similar social circles we hardly knew one another- and my mother would kill me is I was so informal to a young lady.

"Well Miss Melissa." I made a mental compromise with myself. "How are you this morning?" I really didn't have long to talk. she smiled again, quite a dazzling smile.

"Oh I'm wonderful. I was just taking a short and was returning home when I saw you and thought I'd say good morning."

She was all by herself? That was odd to say the least. My upbringing was telling my to offer to walk her home. I tried not to look at my watch, the Murray home was only a few minutes out of my way, I had time- right?

"Well Miss Melissa, can I offer my services to walk you to your door? You really should be out by yourself after your accident." I looked at the ugly blue bruise on her head. She took my offered arm and leaned heavily on it- she must have been exhausted.

"Thank you so much Nathan." she said smiling that smile again. "I was getting so weary, I'm not very good at pacing myself you see."

(Alright that's all I've got! :) Princess if I didn't get Melissa right tell me and I will edit. also everyone, if I did anything wrong just let me know and I will edit. Nathan hasn't seen the papers yet so he is oblivious to whats happened.)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

42 Reviews

Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:37 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Melissa ¬

"Thank you so much Nathan." I smiled. "I was getting so weary, I'm not very good at pacing myself you see."

He smiled at me, and I swear I would have fallen over it I hadn't been clutching his arm. He began to walk towards my road. I should feel bad lying to him; that put men off, but I couldn't help it. This wasn't some stupid little crush.

I went through the Phase's I had come up with the night before.

1. Touch (Hold hands, link arms...) Check.
2. Hug I will when I get home, to say thankyou
3. Ask out
4. A little peck on the cheek. Not there yet but soon, hopefully
5. Kiss

And so on. I smiled to myself.

"Here we are, Nate," I said, delicatly stepping away from him. I gave him a dazzling smile. Had he seen the papers? I bet he had. "Have you seen the papers?" I asked, stepping closer.

"No I haven't, Miss Melissa, not yet," He smiled.

"Oh, what a shame," I stepped closer. My voice dropped to a whisper. "So, you free sometime?" I gave him a full on, dazzling smile. "Sorted then. I'll see you Saturday, if I feel up to it." I hugged him quickly and walked back into the house.

Phase 1, 2 and 3 complete.
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:06 pm
gleek456 says...

Quinn Willards | Harrison Household

"Tell Dmitri how you feel about him," I suggested. I suddenly think that it would cause many problems in Monica's situation.

"You know what, nevermind," I said. I looked at Monica's plate, a piece of toast. I took the toast from her plate and started eating it.

"Um, there's plenty more," Monica said. I shook my head while chewing, then I swallowed.

"No, it's fine. I didn't get to eat at home or at Ari's," I said. Monica nodded.

"Speaking of Arianna, I saw her article. She's anorexic?" she asked. I opened my mouth, then closed it, not knowing what to say. I did go over to her mansion, but I didn't get any confirmation or denial.

"Depends," I simply answered. Monica nodded and looked at the time, then sighed.

"I suggest you go now, before my mother forces you out of here. My appointment is coming up soon," she suggested. I nodded, waved goodbye, and stepped into the car.

"Where to now Miss? It's only 11:45," the driver asked. I tilted my head to think. Ah yes, I still have to check on the Freymoor Bar staff.

"Freymoor Bar please," I said. The driver nodded and stepped on the gas pedal. A few minutes later, I arrived in front of the bar, where the red calligraphy sign stood out. I opened the door and flipped open my fan. I may have to talk about personal business here, and who knows, someone might be a lip reader. I held the floral print fan to my lips and walked towards the bartender, who was cleaning the counter.

"How was business last night?" I asked.

"Ah, Miss Willards! Um, business was very... slow," he answered. I nodded. Slow? Usually the bar was filled with heartbroken socialites, or very drunk dappers.

"How so?" I asked. The bartender tilted his head.

"I guess it was that ball. Very eventful, wasn't it?" he answered. I bit my lip as I thought of the articles. I nodded, took a look at the place, and walked outside. I stared at the black car for a minute. It was rather sunny and beautiful outside, maybe I'll walk home. I tapped on the window, and the driver pulled it down.

"Yes?" he asked.

"I'm going to walk. You can go back. Thank you Alfred," I said. The driver tipped his hat and drove away. I put my fan away, and started walking.

82 Reviews

Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:31 pm
gleek456 says...

I don't want this SB to die! So I'll just post with Dmitri. :)

Dmitri Marksam | The In Boutique

After trying to drag Dylan downstairs, I decided to go to Monica's dress fitting alone. I sighed as Jeeves parked the car in front of the shop. I made a mental note to thank Rachel's mother for setting up this appointment. I open the door to find Monica and Rachel sitting together.

"Hello ladies," I greeted. Rachel nodded while Monica smiled. I sat down beside Monica while Rachel began flipping through Mrs. Wilson's catalogue.

"Excited?" I asked her.

"Yes," she answered non-chalantly. Something made me feel like she was faking it, but I shrugged it off. What girl wouldn't he excited for her wedding day?

"Good," I answered. "Sorry Dylan isn't here. He's a bit hung over". Rachel snorted.

"It's fine!" Monica said... a bit too happily. I raised an eyebrow.

"I mean, Dylan wouldn't have to see the dress before the wedding, so it doesn't bring bad... luck," she answered. I nodded. Perhaps she's right. Bad luck sure would be... bad. I smiled and patted her back. We're going to be in-laws soon, how exciting!

(Hope everyone starts posting again. :) )

A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything, and the value of nothing.
— Oscar Wilde