z

Young Writers Society

Redmon Resort [started, always accepting]

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:59 pm
gleek456 says...

*Winnie Martinez*

I parked my car in front of the resort and unloaded my bags. Yes, I'll admit it, I have a lot of bags, which means I have a lot of things (clothes, electronics, music). A girl can bring what she needs, okay?!

I picked up my bags with my left hand, and dragged the rolly one with my right, and headed towards the check in. I waited in line behind a girl with blonde hair. She was pretty, from what I can see at the back. When she finished, I dropped my bags beside me and sighed.

"Hi!" I chimed. The concierge nodded.

"Name and room?" he asked. I tilted my head and bit my lip. Which room was I in again?

"Um, Winnie Martinez... Room..." I trailed off. The concierge typed something on the computer and raised an eyebrow.

"11?" he asked. I nodded and smiled while he handed me the room key. I smiled in thanks and took my bags to my room. I pushed my key in the slot, but it wouldn't open. I did it again, but it still wouldn't open. I huffed in frustration and sat down. I leaned against the door and examined the key. Why wouldn't it open my door?! And-

I gasped and held it up towards the light.

"It's. So. Shiny!" I squealed. I held it up right in front of me and began examining it.

(Hope this is fine! :) )
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

Reviews: 3
Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:06 pm
IamZoomie says...

Kit Ahn

"Bye, son! Don't get into too much trouble!"

I waved back at my dad with a wide smirk on my lips.

"No promises," I yell back.

I see him chuckle and he gives me a small wave before speeding off, already at least ten miles over the speed limit. Still laughing lightly, I grab my bad and head towards the hotel. It's a nice looking place, I'd give it that much, now the people have to meet up to my standard.

With a cocky grin I walk up to the front door but, just as I'm about to open it, someone bursts out and smacks me right in the chest. I land on the ground with an 'oof' but I jump right back up again, ready to beat the crap out of whoever dared hit me.

"What the hell man," I scream, brushing dirt off my pants. Some kid holding what looked like a tennis bag gets up slowly and mumbles a quick apology.

"Whatever," I spit. "Just watch where the hell you're going next time!"

If he replied I didn't hear it because I pushed past him and into the hotel. I wasn't going to let that small event ruin my whole day.This place was too nice for me to be angry. I gave my name to the man at the desk, apparently I had room nine, and some bellhop took my bags. The only one I didn't let him take was the bag with my art supplies, instead I grabbed that one and went off to find a nice relaxing place where I could draw and smoke without anyone complaining.
“Some people are afraid of what they might find if they try to analyze themselves too much, but you have to crawl into your wounds to discover where your fears are. Once the bleeding starts, the cleansing can begin.”
Tori Amos

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:59 pm
SmylinG says...

Cruz

After a ninety minute flight I'd arrived smoothly at my destination. The Redmon. Some little old resort mom had suggested to me months back. I hopped out of my rental and handed the keys to the valet before slowly making my way into the hotel lobby. The place was nice. I'd seen nicer, but it had some reassuring appeal. There was a lot of youth scattered about. I waltzed over to the front desk.

"Hello," I said to the man at check-in, "I have a reservation under Lucatero?"

The man, Marco, by the looks of his silver-plated name tag, quickly ran my name through with little trouble, and it was only moments before I was handed my room-key. He wore a genuine smile. Not fake or unhappy like some of the workers of the other places I'd stayed at.

"You're in suite 6, Mr. Lucatero. Enjoy your stay at the Redmon."

I took my key and allowed my luggage to follow me to my room. The staff around here seemed rather efficient. Almost as if I didn't have to speak to let them know what I needed. Once I made it to my room, the man carting my luggage set my things neatly in my closet and was soon off on his way. My eyes didn't have to scan very far before they met a table with a large arrangement of fruit, candy, and flowers; a small card set in the center of it all. Mom. She rarely did things like this went I went away on any trip. Perhaps it had something to do with me leaving on my own. Though, I wasn't a child.

I smirked as I set down the card after having read it over, then walked over to the closet to sift through my bags for a pair of board shorts. There was something that was always appealing to me about heading to the pool to swim before doing anything else at a resort. Why break habit..
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:37 pm
jessig833 says...

Jason

Jason pulled his luggage out of the taxi cab and put them on the side walk while he paid the taxi driver. When he paid the driver he picked up his suit cases and headed into the hotel.He walked over to the check in desk where a nicely dressed man stood looking at his computer.

"I have a reservation under Jason summer." jason said getting the mans attention.Now that he was closer he could see the mans name was marco.

He quickly typed something in the computer."Aww yes,here you are Mr.Summers. You will be staying in room 7." He said handing Jason his room key.

Jason watched as a bell boy quickly gather up his luggage and headed for the elevator.When the elevator doors closed he turned around heading for the pool. "Might as well work on my tan while i'm here." he thought as he settled down in a chair by the pool.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:34 am
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Serra Fira
I grabbed my bags out of the car and walked into the hotel. "Hi I'm Serra Fira I have a room. Ummm...." I glanced at my wrist with the scribbled instructions. "Room 7 Ms. Fira." The concierge said handing me a room key. I grinned at him and ran up the stairs ignoring the bellboy who was reaching for my bags. I unlocked the door and stepped inside. I tossed my bags onto the bed except for my messenger bag with my sketchpads and art supplies inside. I found an art room and grinned. I sat down at a table with my back to the door and popped in my earbuds. I turned my I-pod on and then found Alesana. It started to play and I started to sketch a Halloween masquerade in a graveyard. I heard the door open and waved said "Hi-ya."
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:23 pm
Loller65 says...

William

I stepped out of the taxi, taking care not to scuff my loafers. The driver popped the trunk and I removed my suitcase, hanging bag, and shaving kit and began carting them off to the front desk. The man at the desk typed absentmindedly at a computer.

"O'Brian, Room 14."

He typed for a moment befor ehanding me a key. The bellboy went to take my things from me but I told him I didn't need him, he could take a break. He muttered a thanks and I strolled to my room. I unlocked the door and found everything to my liking. I wheeled the suitcase into the closet and hung the hanging bag on the rack inside it. Next I put my shaving kit on the bathroom's counter, and plopped my laptop bag down on the bed. Content, I sighed. What now?

I checked my watch and saw it was getting on in the afternoon. Five o'clock. Might as well hit the bar for a drink before perusing the grounds of the resort some more.
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:27 pm
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Hey! Is it okay if I join this???
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:47 am
Iggy says...

(I don't mind. Post the profile in the DT.)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:27 pm
Yuriiko says...

Leona:

Leona looked down at her watch. It has been almost a four-hour travel, yet she still hasn't eaten her breakfast. She rubbed her churning stomach, soothing it- at least that was what her grandmother taught. Pursing her lips, she lied on the leather car seat. Her blue eyes fixed on the passing commercial buildings through the tinted window. And it was nothing- but only her visions of dancing fettuccine entertained her eyes. She cursed under her breath for forgetting about the turkey sandwich her father packed for her. Dang. It was one of her favorite- second to the pasta.

As the car slowed down to a halt, Leona gave out a big sigh. Finally. She straightened up to her seat as she waited for her driver to open the door for her. A gentlemanly act usually common only for drivers, not to the boys she dated before, or even to the football players she cheered on. First, she step out her right leg on the tiled floor, imagining she was a celebrity ready to walk on the red carpet. Then gently, she moved her left leg and few seconds after, she was standing both to her feet. She could feel the crisp air surrounding her and the leaves rustling, mixing to the tune of singing birds in the air.

Before she could walk into the entrance door, she placed a few strands of her brown wavy hair behind her ear. She prompted herself up and continued walking. As soon as she set foot on the entrance, she was welcomed by a receptionist who seemed to not have slept for three days straight. Leona walked until she reached the lounge desk, and heard a soft thud from a staff who had been carrying her two suitcase.

"Welcome to Redmon Resort! Any reservations, Miss...?"

"Ms. Leona Clement." Leona grinned, glad she wasn't called 'madame'.

"Okay." The receptionist looked down on the computer and smiled at Leona. "Room 2, Miss Clement. Enjoy and relax. Please feel free to let us know your needs and we will cater you in no time."

"Thanks." Leona smile as she received the key.

She turned around and notice the hotel staff who looked no more than twenty, holding her two suitcases. I should perhaps drop my bags in the room first, before this boy dies of exhaustion, she thought to herself.

She smiled at the boy who showed a toothy grin. Leona turned left and started to walk towards the elevator.
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:22 pm
Iggy says...

(I'd like everyone to post in the DT. Now, please. ALso, just check in and wander around. Do whatever.)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Wed Sep 21, 2011 4:20 pm
Loller65 says...

William - Bar and Lounge

I sidled up to the bar of the hotel. The bartender approached me, wiping down the counter with a soft cloth as he did so. When he arrived, he raised an eyebrow so as to ask me what I wanted.

"Scotch, on stones, if you have them."

Without a word, he reached under the counter and placed a bottle of scotch on the counter before disappearing behind a galley door, only to return moments later with a small tumbler with several ice cold stones in it. He poured me a glass and left me be. I sipped at the aged liquor, savoring how peaty it was. I tossed the rest of it back and decided to check out the grounds some more
"There are no absolute rules of conduct, either in peace or war. Everything depends on circumstances."

-Leon Trotsky-

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:12 am
Mickixoxo says...

Chandler

Chandler calmly wiped the sweat off his brow and stepped out of the hot tennis courts. He didn't play as well as he had hoped for.His mind was preoccupied for the beginning half, wondering who it was he ran into accidentally in the lobby. He was somewhat upset that he wasn't able to properly apologize. The boy seemed rather... rude, to state the truth. It's not like he meant to run into him, they were both rushing without looking properly where they were going, so it wasn't all Chandler's fault. Still, he did want to apologize.

"Oh well," he thought with a shrug and a smile. "No need to worry about it now."

Chandler returned to him room and set his tennis bag on top of the rest of his luggage. He stared at it for a moment, wondering how long he would have to stay here before finding his own apartment. He didn't want to live off of his parents for much longer than was needed, seeing as how they kicked him out.

After grabbing a change of cloths and taking a quick shower, he returned to the lobby to look around for a bit more.
If there's a 50/50 chance of getting something wrong go for it anyway because there is also a 50/50 chance of getting it right

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. ~Edgar Allen Poe

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:47 am
gleek456 says...

*Winnie Martinez*

After examining the pretty key, I shoved it in my pocket. I sighed and looked at my bags. Which bag was my clothes in again? If no one would come and help, might as well explore. I took out a cd from my carry on and walked towards the Dance Room.

I turned at different corners for a good half hour to realize that I was going in squares, or was it circles? I scoffed at myself. I turned around another corner, and ended up in a very spacious room. The floor was shiny, and there were mirrors all over the walls. I noticed the familiar bars on the mirrors. A dance room! I smiled to myself, but then looked at my attire.

A floral printed romper, with white and pink pumas, and a white cardigan. Work with what you have, Winnie. I took off my cardigan, and set it on a nearby chair. I took out my iPod, and hooked it up with the stereo. I quickly set it up to the song I was assigned before by my coach. I shook myself as the beginning played.

I start off sitting on the chair, then making my way to the front while dancing on my toes. I was having so much fun, I didn't even know that the song ended. I sat down on the ground, in the middle of the room, and stared at myself in the mirror. I tilted my head, and sighed. I still don't know how to get in my room, and I know no one yet.

Her dance:

(Anyone can interact with her, she's friendly! :) )
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:01 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Jay ¬

I stepped into the lobby, and checked in. It was my first time here, but all my mates had recommended it. My mind flitted to the dance last night. I waas thinking thiongs over, when the Receptionist angrily tapped me on the shoulder an jiggled the key at me which he must have held out before.

"Oh, sorry," I took the key and found my room. I dumped my stuff in the corner, and walked back to the lobby.

"Hey," I turned round, to see the speaker. I smiled.

"Hi. What's you name?"
Signature Pending

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:01 am
MisunderstoodDreamer says...

Minjonet Carter (Lily)

I slowly stepped out of the limo. There was no turning back now. I looked up and down the tall building while my driver helped me get my bags out.

"Are you sure you don't want me to take your bags inside for you?" He asked.

"No thanks, Kevin. I let mother have you drive me here, but I'm here because I want to be on my own." I said.

"Yes, Miss Carter." He said with a nod. I rolled my eyes and extended my hand, but once he took it I closed in for a hug.

"I'm sure gonna miss you Kevin!" I said. He smiled. Kevin had been our butler/chauffeur since I was only 5, when my parents were still married. He was practically my father! He certainly took care of me more than my own did. I smiled at him for the last time, and he tipped his hat as he got back into the limo. "Send mother my love!" I called out just before he closed the door.

Tears began to fill up in my eyes as I watched him drive away. Then I turned to face the hotel. "This is it." I said to myself under my breath. I wiped the tears from my cheeks and smiled and I walked through the revolving door and into the lobby of the Redmon Resort.

Spoiler! :
((Please tell me if this is alright!!!))
I am a PUZZLE
yet to be put TOGETHER

But at the same time, I'm just one PIECE
still trying to figure out where I FIT IN

As a former (and rather excellent) liar herself, Aru knew that, sometimes, speaking the truth felt like wrenching a thorn out of your side. But doing the opposite meant pretending it wasn't there. And that made every single step ache. It was no way to live.
— Roshani Chokshi, Aru Shah and the Nectar of Immortality