z

Young Writers Society

War with the Aliens

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:12 pm
View Likes
PiesAreSquared says...

The Earth is raging in war. The Rulers seeks total domination over the earth. The Resistance seeks to overthrow the oppression that they saw all around them. An alien race has come to conquer the world, temporarily forcing the two factions to broker a shaky truce in order to confront the invaders. There is much distrust.
We are to be part of the resistance. The Resistance is badly equipped but well trained and organized. We have no artillery. Our greatest specialty is theft. We steal from our opponents what we need. We count in the ten thousands. Our mission is to shape the war to destroy both the aliens and the Rulers.
More about the Rulers: Most of the Rulers have little advanced training. They rely on their greater numbers. They count into the hundred millions. Their air-force is well equipped but badly trained. They have ground based artillery. Their mission has already been stated.
More about the aliens: They are about 1 meter tall, they have green skin and insect-like faces. Their military is well equipped and well trained. They count in the millions.

Rules: Rules? Only one. No profanity.
Character Profile:
Name:
Strengths and weaknesses:
Small arm:
Close quarters weapon:
Side arm (if any):
Biography and appearance:
Other:

There will be much failure and many close battles before victory can be won. It is not assured.
Last edited by PiesAreSquared on Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

133 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:18 am
View Likes
PiesAreSquared says...

P.S ~ The more people from the Rulers (those who "defect" will be new members that join) one can coerce to defect, the better. It is necessary to have more than one Resistance fighter (another user) participating in a battle. P.M. me if you decide to kill off your character

Character lists:
1: Creactus (The mysterious head of the resistance)
2: Starkiller (ZLYF)
3. Garsh (LostMagi42)

My own character:
Name: Starkiller
Strengths and weaknesses: Silat master
Small arms: AK-47
Close quarters weapon: Stiletto
Side arm: Browning Hi-Power
Appearance: Black short hair, average height, scar over left eye, brown skin.

Edit: Special abilities or other is allowed. The aliens will be called Narl-Knu.
Last edited by PiesAreSquared on Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:15 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Thank you! I have sooo wanted to debut this character, and now is the chance!!!

Character Profile:
Name:Garsh
Rank: I am not too military, so something that has to do with assassination! sorry!
Strengths and weaknesses: Excellent with a shotgun, pistols, and my personal favourite, C4.
Small arm: 12 gauge triple barreled shotgun, pump action. (If thats not allowed, A desert eagle)
Close quarters weapon:A staff that turns into a sword, and the staff transforms when the kinves at the ends are pulled out and jabbed into slots in the side of the weapon.
Side arm (if any):A .6 mm pistol
Biography and appearance:Garsh was the loner at school, and had to teach himself self defense. when he grew up, he joined the resistance. simple as that. He stands about 6' has a fedora, mirror sunglasses, his staff, a long black trechcoat, his guns, and wears completely black clothing. He is a general master of the night. He also wears a pentacle around his neck.
Other: He generally stays away from crowds and prefers to be alone.

(PM me if its not ok)
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

133 Reviews

Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:39 am
View Likes
PiesAreSquared says...

Spoiler! :
This is my first storybook, so it is not very good

(The invasion by the Narl-Knu)
On Sunday, 3rd August, 20002 above Oslo, the sky darkened suddenly. Soon, triangular shaped pans began to descend on the shocked city. They landed all over the city. The pans dropped baskets of little greenies. They were about a meter tall, had insectile eyes, and carried weird-looking bars. The shock of the crowd turned to horror as the greenies opened fire. People dropped by the hundreds.
The green things followed the terror-stricken mob as they trampled their way to the city center. Bodies piled high in the streets. The greenies made their way through the bloodied capital. Here and there, journalists tried to capture events on their cameras. Always, they found themselves caught in a sticky black web. They were brought to one of the pans. Within, they were forced to broadcast to the whole world a message.
“All Earthians, Greetings. I am Commander Caree-Kner, of the First wave. Our people, the Narl-Knu, have come to bring peace to your shattered world. Surrender to us your weapons, all Rulers and Resistence, and peace will be given to you. All who resists us will be destroyed without mercy.”
With that, the Knarl-Knu abruptly turned and left the pan, locking the journalists within.

I used to be ZLYF

Today I bent the truth to be kind, and I have no regret, for I am far surer of what is kind than I am of what is true.
— Robert Brault