z

Young Writers Society

The Castaways [full]

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:36 am
LittlePrincess says...

I was absolutely starving and I started to get really concerned about what there was to eat around here. Maybe that Bellalyse girl has some food, I thought, hoisting myself up from where I was sitting. I had lost track of the others since Hadra left me and I was tired of sitting on the ground. I decided to walk back to the camp, picking up the occasional stick on the way. I wasn't a fan of this gathering crap. If they had things over there then they had to share, this wasn't some team building exercise.

Ahead of me on the path I saw another guy carrying a pile of wood. I hung back a bit, not really wanting to talk to him, or anyone else for that matter. I missed my friends but most of all I missed Lucy, wished she was here. I wasn't ashamed to say that my kid sister is my best friend, if she were here she would make it fun. I smiled, imagining her getting so enthusiastic about gathering everything she could lay her eyes on. Thank God she wasn't on that boat, I couldn't losing her. What did she think had become of me? I wished there was some way she could know that I'm okay. I have to get off this island.

I was so deep in thought that I hadn't even noticed I was back in camp. The blonde boy was setting his wood down in a pile and Bellalyse was no where to be found. Ahead of me was a man lying in a hammock, Chef Leroy, I remembered from earlier. I peered forward to see what he had, he was a chef meaning there had to be food somewhere, but just as I was doing so he bolted up.

"Halt! What ah you doing?" He shouted in a thick French accent. He leaped in front of me and I yelped.

"I... uh... I just wanted some food... Bellalyse said you were a chef..." I began, my face turning red.

"Chef!" He shouted incredulously, pressing his fingers to his lips and making a kissing sound, "I am ze finest on ze island, if not ze world! You cannot just take food from moi! I do not just give away food!"

I started to back away...

{I hope this is okay! The guy is Warwick unless someone else wants to step in... and I hope this is an okay portrayal of Chef Leroy. If you think he should say something different I am fine with changing it, I wasn't really sure what to say}
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
The Little Prince

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:35 pm
Iggy says...

(It's just right :D)

*Clea*

"Hello Chef Leroy!" Clea appeared besides Warwick, holding a paper bag of sticks. "May I trade you you these sticks for some driftwood?"

"Oui! Take eet! Ze sticks are appreciated!" Chef Leroy disappeared behind his hammock, then came baxknwith a handful of long, wooden planks.

Clea grinned and handed him the bag in exchange for the planks.

"He's scary." Warwick muttered as Leroy disappeared.

Clea laughed and showed the planks to the others. They staryed on the huts.

With the help of the other castaways, and Leroy, two wooden huts were finally made. Clea sighed happily, thrilled that she could sleep. The sun was almost gone, disappearing behind the calm waves of the ocean.

"Excellent job. I don't think you guys could do it in such little time." Bella smiled at the castaways, which non of them returned. "Try and get some rest. You will be doing a lot tomorrow."
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
— Mark Twain