z

Young Writers Society

Dalle Private School (Closed)

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:55 pm
icebender28 says...

Alright, so I've been backed up with life lately, so if I get something wrong, tell me! I'll change it as soon as possible! :D

Samantha:

I peeked inside the calculus room and siighed in relief. The teacher was busy on his laptop. I couldn't believe, my first class, on my first day of school and I was late! But, then again, I had gotten lost, which was understandable in a school so large.
I rushed in and took the first empty seat, and quickly took out everything I would need; calculator, protractor, textbook(they sent them weeks before school started), graph paper, and my favorite pencil. It had a small fuzzy panda on top so it looked like it was clinging to it.
I straightened everything out, when I heard the teacher begin role. When he called my name, he did a double take.
"Here!" I called, throwing my hand up.
He looked up at me, with only a hint of surprise. "You're 13?"
"Right, sir!" I smiled. He shrugged and kept going.
My smile twinged a bit. I forgot, I wasn't the smartest, the most extraordinary, the most "oh how could she be in such a hard class when she's so young". I was just another genious in a school of genious' with extra age on them.
"Oh cares? You will still be happy and smiling." I thought to myself. "Smiling and happy, smiling and happy." I repeated to myself, over and over again, as we began the first lesson.

(Once again, let me know if I blew it! :D )
Life is to be lived, not survived.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:55 am
Sassafras says...

Seighart Duo

I groaned and slowly blinked the haze away from my eyes. God, I felt like hell. That's what I get for not taking my medicine. Stupid classes. Stupid school. I need coffee. I sat up and heard someone in the room exhale loudly. Wait, where am I? I quickly wiped away the fog in my eyes and searched around the room.

"Oh, you're alive! That's good." I raised an eyebrow at the boy in front of me and narrowed my eyes at him.

"Who are you? And why are you here?"

"Me? I'm Jessie. And you're in my room actually." I swung my legs over the edge of the bed and felt a wave of nausea wash over me. Jesus, I was bad off. I dry heaved before quickly regaining my composure. Thankfully, I managed not to throw up. "Hey! Are you okay?"

"Oh I'm absolutely terrific," I mumbled. I dry heaved again and doubled over from the pain and the strain, I fell onto my knees on the floor and clutched at my stomach. Once the heaves were over I cursed lowly and tried to stand up. I couldn't.

"Hey, if you're going to barf-"

"I'm fine," I spat. I didn't mean to be as harsh to the boy but no one was very nice when they were sick. I sat back against the bed and leaned my head back. "Can I get a towel, Jessie," I asked dryly. He rushed off into the bathroom and came back with a cool towel. I quickly laid it on my head and closed my eyes. I needed my medicine and quick before this got too bad. This is what missing one dose does to me and it's not pretty.

"Do you need help," Jessie asked. I shook my head at him and opened my eyes to see him kneeling in front of me.

"No, at least not a lot. Can you just open that black bag and give me those needles." He did as I asked and handed me the syringe. I tried with shaking hands to get it in my arm but it was hard and took me a very long ten seconds before I got it in. I felt the medicine going through my veins and almost instantly felt better. I sighed and leaned forward.

"Thanks, man," I sighed. Jessie nodded and I tried to smile at him, he seemed like a nice kid, but the expression died on my lips. "Did you bring me in here?" He shook his head no and was about to explain when Jin burst through the room with a chubby lady in tow.

"Seigh," he asked loudly. "I got the nurse!" The fat lady, the nurse, ran up to me. She laid her hand on my forehead and tried to get me to open up for a thermometer. I rolled my eyes and held a hand up for her to stop.

"I'm fine now," I told her. She gave me a "whatever" look and continued trying to put that stick in my mouth. I growled then and told her to back off. Thankfully she listened. After telling her, none too nicely, to go away she finally did. Man, today was just not my day. Jin ran up to me and knelled in front of me, starring worriedly into my face.

"Are you okay now? I saw you in the hallway and you were just out of it. I thought you were dying!" His face was flushed and he was breathing hard as if he'd just taken a mile run. I waved him off and smiled weakly.

"I'm fine, just weak. Do you two mind if I crash on your floor for a bit. I don't think I can make the walk to my room."
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:05 pm
gleek456 says...

(Is it fine with everyone if I skip all the way to Ashley's band thing? So then after we could move on to the camping trip?)

Lucy Coyne

I slowly finished my dinner as I listened to some student display his acting skills on stage. I got up threw out what's left of my pasta and began walking towards the Music Room. I took a deep breath before opening the door. Ashley was already there, along with some other people. Ashley glared at me and crossed her arms.

"What are you doing here?" she asked coldly. I glare back and cross my arms.

"I thought I could watch how you're auditions for your little band is going. I can see that you aren't even starting," I replied, examining the room. I took a seat beside the piano and waited for the others to come.

"Lucy, as much as I'd like to insult you right now, I have some business to run," Ashley said. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

"I have a business to run," I imitated Ashley with my Dorothy Gale accent. I sat back down and crossed my legs.

(Hope this is okay Rainy!)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

seeing this tag and going "oh what's this? :)" then getting slapped in the face with shady's good grammar is the worst thing that's ever happened to me
— SilverNight