z

Young Writers Society

Dalle Private School (Closed)

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:11 pm
gleek456 says...

Hey guys! Here's the DT: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic86375.html

Hey guys! New SB here! I notice how there aren't really that much School SBs going around, so here comes one! I decided not to put a plot, and see where this goes :) This is a Slice of School life thing! Have fun with it! :) Me and Shadowlight control the storybook.

School info:
Spoiler! :
Students:
The students in Dalle have top grades, special talents, and excelled in a certain sport/s. They are pretty much "gifted" or "prodigies".

Staff:
The staff are NPCs. If you would like to play a staff member, feel free to PM me.

Classes: Wing A/ Usual
1A: Math (Mrs. Wilson)
2A: English (Mr. Spencer)
3A: Geography (Mr. Harris)
4A: Science Lab (Professor West)
5A: Counselor (Mrs. Mays)
6A: Headmistress's Office (Headmistress Reginald)

Classes: Wing B/ Arts
7B: Dance Studio (Instructor Flavia)
8B: Theatre/ Auditorium (Instructor Octavia)
9B: Music Class (Mr. Gustaldin)
10B: Acting Class (Instructor Lindsay- Gleek456)
11B: Visual Arts Class (Marianna Helen Labrecque- Shadowlight)

Classes: Wing C/ Sports
12C: All Purpose Field
13C: Gym/ Pool
14C: Girls Locker Room
15C: Boys Locker Room
16C: Equipment Closet

Building 1: Dorms
Dorm Adviser: Marianna Helen Labrecque (Shadowlight)
Girls Dorm
Boys Dorm
Cafeteria
- Each meal is served in the cafeteria

When posting your profile:
You can choose a special talent/ sport/ subject you excel in. Go wild and choose anything you want! Make sure it's school relatable :)

You can copy and paste the profile below:
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Appearance (You can add a picture, but no scene please):[/b]
[b]What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in?[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]History/ How you got in Dalle:[/b]
[b]Likes/ Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Strengths/ Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Anything else?[/b]

Rules:
1. Swearing is fine, but please don't go too far.
2. Violence is allowed too, then again, don't go too far.
3. Romance is fine, but guess what? Don't go too far.
4. No double posting unless no one has posted in 24 hours.
5. No God-Modding please!
6. Please use propper grammar, spelling, and punctuation.
7. Please keep your posts at least one paragraph!
8. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM me or Shadowlight!

Students:
1. Lucy Coyne (gleek456)
2. Arwen Lysa (PrincessofDarkness)
3. Seighart "Seig" Duo (ReiseyPiecey)
4. Annaliese "Anna" Ramirez (ktg17)
5. Samantha Eress (icebender28)
6. Tyler Shae (fictionfanatic)
7. Jessie Shae (fictionfanatic)
8. Darek Owens (VuzzyCat)
9. Jin Roskey (OnigiriChan)
10. Tristan Whitlow (Dreamwalker)
11. Ashley Reynolds (RainyDay)

Thank you for enrolling in Dalle Private!
Last edited by gleek456 on Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:30 pm, edited 23 times in total.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:37 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Name: Arwen Lysa
Appearance (You can add a picture, but no scene please):
Spoiler! :

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? English, art and drama.
Personality: Bubbly, and determined. She can come across as sarcastic and bossy, but is a loyal friend. She has a BIT of a fiery temper, and is usually full of intersesting, but slightly wacky things to talk about. She is very curious, and explores a lot, so trys to find the time to explore Dalle to the full extent.
History/ How you got in Dalle: Arwen was asked to come into Dalle after she entered a competition for writing. One of the teachers noticed her work and contacted her to enter Dalle.
Likes/ Dislikes: Loves reading, writing and photography. She hates bullies and people who boast. She likes chocolate, and although she isn't an amazing art prodigy, she loves art and drama, so she can sometimes be slightly over the top. She hates people who beat her, but usually tries to hide it (She is very competative).
Strengths/ Weaknesses: She is brave and very competative. She backs up her friends, and usually gets in trouble for it. She is good at Art, Drama and English. She is OK at sport, but cannot do Geography or Cooking.
Anything else? Always seen with her nose in a book or taking photos, or even doodling in her book.

Up For Love!!!
Last edited by PrincessOfDarkness on Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 pm
gleek456 says...

Name: Lucy Coyne

Appearance (You can add a picture, but no scene please): Lucy has black curly hair in which she sometimes highlights. Lucy has very light blue eyes, that may seem dark. She has a tall and slim figure.

Spoiler! :
Elizabeth-Gillies-elizabeth-gillies-13605245-266-399.jpg
Elizabeth-Gillies-elizabeth-gillies-13605245-266-399.jpg (13.49 KiB) Viewed 508 times

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? Lucy excels in acting, playing the violin and piano, and singing.

Personality: Lucy is a very intimidating and rude girl. She cares about no one but herself. Lucy has a sarcastic sense of humour, and loves insulting people. You can say she's mentally violent (but not a masochist). Lucy is a pretty smart and calm girl, unless something or someone seriously ticks her off. Lucy can be sweet and nice when she wants to, but it's kind of rare, and she'll probably be sweet and nice to the people she likes and know.

History/ How you got in Dalle: Lucy was born to busy parents, and was left alone at home most of the time. She studied in an all girl's school, and was usually secluded and quiet. Lucy loves acting, and she discovered that love when she was watching a documentary about acting, and began following their instructions. Lucy's mother always wanted her to learn a musical instrument, and Lucy began learning two. Lucy got an enrollment letter when she graduated elementary school. Lucy is now in her second year.

Likes/ Dislikes:
Lucy likes-
- Music
- Appearances
- Acting
- Musicals
- Winning
- Outdoors
- Herself
- Impersonating people

Lucy dislikes-
- Ducks
- The color yellow
- Basil (she's allergic to Basil)
- Heavy Metal
- Losing
- Sweating
- Bad hair days
- Russian Accents

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Lucy's strengths are making people feel bad and acting. Her strengths are also in the music department. She uses her acting for situations. Lucy's weaknesses... are sports. That's it!

Here's a song in which she performed (it's actually her, I mean the girl in my picture):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXo-y7dAsAQ

Anything else? Lucy loves to imitate girl's voices by using Judy Garland's accent, and a faux sweet 1980's voice. She is up for love. For some reason, she smells like vanilla. She doesn't know why, she just does. She thinks it's a genetic thing.
Last edited by gleek456 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:46 pm
Sassafras says...

Okay, spot saved for a male. Art prodigy.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

161 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 161
Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:41 am
Sassafras says...

Name: Seighart (Sigh-Heart) Duo "Seig"

Appearance (You can add a picture, but no scene please): Seig has emerald green eyes and dark chocolate brown hair with lighter natural highlights.
Spoiler! :
His tattoos that he designed himself:
Spoiler! :
Spoiler! :

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? He excels in art: Painting, sketching, and sculpting.

Personality: Seig is very picky and reserved. His number one priority is his art and everything else comes second to that, family, friends, and even his own health. He actually doesn't like many people, he's never really found anyone that has sparked his interest enough to keep around. He likes to surround himself with interesting people that can keep him on his toes, he likes not knowing what the other person will do next. It's those type of people that inspire him to draw. He likes inspiration.

When Seighart is painting or drawing that's all that he does. He doesn't eat or sleep and only takes breaks to get a sip of coffee to keep him going. Because he neglects his health Seig is very sickly and has to take two types of medication twice daily plus nutrients and vitamins three times a day. He carries around with him a bag that holds his syringes filled with his medication and his supplements. When it comes time to take his shots he just reaches into his bag, pulls out the syringe, and gives himself what he needs as if it was no problem no matter where he is or who he's around. He sees no problem in injection while standing in line or in the middle of class. His medicine leaves him drained though and he always has a cup of coffee with him, it's really the only thing he drinks. He doesn't eat much.

History/ How you got in Dalle: Seig has been an art prodigy all his life, even in middle school so when he got old enough to attend Dalle he and his parents wasted no time and getting him enrolled. He found his talent for art when he was ten years old. There was a drawing competition at school and he entered on a whim because he parents said that it would be something to get him motivated seeing as Seig was usually a drawn back and slightly depressed kid. So after he entered he grabbed a blank piece of paper, a pencil, and after turning on some music he just drew whatever came to mind.

When he started to draw he entered this zone, it was as if he disconnected himself from the world and there was only his pencil and his paper. Once he came out of "The Zone" there was a masterpiece on the page. After adding color and touching up a few other things he entered his piece. Not only did he win his school competition but he also won the state art show when the principal saw his creation and entered it in something bigger. After winning lots of prizes and awards for his drawings he started to paint and then he started to sculpt. He won first place in everything he entered for.

Likes/ Dislikes: Likes: Painting, drawing, and sculpting. Interesting people. Music and any other form of art, such as dance, that inspires him to draw. Dislikes: Anything other than art, especially math and sports. He hates that he has to take so much medication and also hates boring and dull people.

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Strengths: The only thing Seighart is good at is art, he sucks at everything else. Weaknesses: Everything but Art...

Anything else? If he doesn't know the words to say to express what he's feeling then he'll draw about it and show the person the picture, hoping they'll understand. Up for love.

(Sorry this is so ridiculously long.)
Last edited by Sassafras on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:41 pm, edited 7 times in total.
A pale imitator of a girl in the sky.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:34 am
fictionfanatic says...

Reserving a spot for fraternal twins, please.
Live, Love, Laugh

58 Reviews

Reviews: 58
Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:36 am
Ktg17 says...

Ok this is my first storybook ever, so go easy on me :)

Name: Annaliese (Anna) Ramirez
Appearance (You can add a picture, but no scene please): Long brown hair, dark blue eyes, athletic build.
Spoiler! :
What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? English, Singing/theater, swimming, basketball, and soccer. VERY athletic.
Personality: Anna is a very outgoing and fun individual. She makes friends very easily. She always tries to do her best and gets stressed out very easily. She would rather take the blame and stop a fight, even if it wasn't her fault. She is a total romantic at heart and everyone knows it.
History/ How you got in Dalle: Anna was featured in the newspaper for her outstanding grades and athletic abilities. A Dalle representative found the article online and contacted her. She quickly accepted, even though she was sad to leave all her friends back home and speaks of them often.
Likes/ Dislikes: Likes- school, sports, good friends, and good music. Dislikes- When people are sad/ angry with her, rude people, and bad hygiene.
Strengths/ Weaknesses: Strengths- good with teachers, has good gut feelings(doesn't always follow them though.)Weaknesses- Trusts people to quickly/easily and can get into trouble because of it, gets horrible headaches often.
Anything else? At her old school, she thought she had true friends-until this was proved untrue. They kept unincluding her and backstabbing her. She found a few new friends and has since greatly valued the important of good friends.
Last edited by Ktg17 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Even if you see in black and white, think in color...

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:44 am
icebender28 says...

Name: Samantha Eress
Appearance (You can add a picture, but no scene please): Short brown hair, blue eyes, almost always smiling. Wears a green t-shirt and jean shorts.
What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? Math, Science, and Cheerleading(You know, like being able to do unatural flips and twists in mid-air)
Personality: basically, yellow. She's always happy, and cannot stop moving, even in class she'll bounce. She's a giggler and tries to laugh as much as possible.
History/ How you got in Dalle: She was always very smart, and everybody knew it. She was very popular, and finally her parents thought it best if she went to Dalle. They love her very much and write her every day, and come to visit her on the last day of every month.
Likes/ Dislikes: Yellow, ice cream, pie. Actually, anything sweet. She always keeps candy in her pocket for this very reason. She hates...nothing. or, at least tries not to. She thinks people who are downers are an offense against nature, and her motto is "never go a moment without smiling".
Strengths/ Weaknesses: Math, Science, cheerleading(as said above) chess. her weakness is candy and anything with sugar, and the occasional guy.
Anything else? She climbs trees every chance she can. Oh, and she's usually good friends with the teachers.

(Hope this is okay! PM me if it's not! :) )
Life is to be lived, not survived.

82 Reviews

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:52 am
gleek456 says...

ktg17- Awesome profile ktg!

ice- I love your profile! So, by unnatural flips, you pretty much mean gymnastics, right? :)

Thanks for joining everyone!

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:23 am
icebender28 says...

Basically. I said unnatural because it's unnatural for me. I mean, I can't even do a cartwheel! so, yeah, gymnastics. :D
Life is to be lived, not survived.

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:34 am
Noelle says...

Can you please reserve a spot for a female student?
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:05 am
OnigiriChan says...

Spot saved for a male! Phew, that was close. :)
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:37 am
OnigiriChan says...

Name: Jin Roskey

Spoiler! :

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? Jin excels in music, he plays gutair, piano, viloin, bass, the drums, the harp, clarinet, flute, cello, trombone, the recorder, and the triangle. He also sings.

Personality: Jin has a happy personality, he tries not to let things get him down. He likes to laugh, joke around, and just loves the feel of a smile on his face. Even though hes fun loving he's also serious when the time comes to buckle down and concentrate. Jin is just an all around chill person and would sooner break up a fight than start one.

History/ How you got in Dalle: Jin picked up his first instrument, a gutair, at the age of eight when he was playing in the attic of his house. His father was once a gutarist for a band but retired when he found the love of his life and wanted to start a family with her. Jin's father offered to teach Jin how to play and once Jin mastered the gutair he tried every instrument he could find.
Jin played many musical concerts at the theatre in his city and got featured in the newspaper many times. Once it became time for him to enter highschool his parents got a call from Dalle requesting that Jin attend their school and his parents accepted the offer and sent him away.

Likes/ Dislikes:
Chocolate
Root Beer
Quiet places where he can play
People that he can have a good time with and people that make him feel safe and loved.

Dislikes:
Bad music
Strawberries
Noisy obnoxious people
People that bring him down or make him feel sad

Strengths/ Weaknesses:
Strengths:
Music
Getting others to feel good and be happy
Keeping conflict away

Weaknesses:
Fighting
Arguing
Speed and agility
Basically anything to do with physical strength

Anything else?
Up for love but - I finally decided - is gay.
Last edited by OnigiriChan on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed, then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me." Northern Downpour

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:59 am
Noelle says...

Sorry, never mind about saving me a spot. I don't think I'll have time to keep up with this.
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:46 pm
Shadowlight says...

Name: Marianna Helen Labrecque (Last name is pronounced la-breck)

Appearance: Average height and build. She has long thick ebony brown hair with natural auburn highlights that she often wears in a messy bun or clipped up with an octopus clip. her skin is pale with some slight freckling with ruddy cheeks (think Irish) her eyes are neither blue nor green but gray, so depending on what she's wearing they can be either. She has expressive eyebrows and a smile that always is on the verge of laughing.

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? Marianna is on the faculty, she is the Art teacher. Her talents are art of course (sculpting in particular,) singing, baking chocolate chip cookies

Personality: Artsy, eccentric, Easily made to laugh, she had a maternal nature so she a mother figure to many of her students. She has a sarcastic good sense of humor and will take no funny business in her class. Marianna has a long fuse but if you make her angry she is the scary, cold, silent type-her students are terrified of her when she gets like this.

History/ How you got in Dalle: She never heard of Dalle until she was contacted by them right after she graduated her Art school. they hired her immediately after her first interview and she has been teaching ever since.

Likes/ Dislikes: Mairanna likes most things to a point but what she can't stand are these :Cats, white chocolate, rap music and screamo rock.

Strengths/ Weaknesses: Her strengths are being very good and knowing when something is bothering another person-she has a maternal streak in her a mile wide, her amazing artistic ability, and her kick butt chocolate chip cookie recipe. her weaknesses are she is addicted to chocolate, she stinks at competitive sports, and is so horrible at math she failed high-school algebra twice.

Anything else? she is straight and not in a relationship (but is open for one if the right (ADULT) man came along. she also always has music playing in her class.

Name: Caspian Morley (Cass,Terminator, Bot-boy, Blades)
Spoiler! :
Caspian Morley.jpg
Caspian Morley.jpg (25.65 KiB) Viewed 196 times

What talent/ sport/ subject do you excel in? Anything that requires him pushing himself to his physical extremes.His special talents are running and fencing/swordplay. The two talents he doesn't realize he has are singing and he can play the piano (not a virtuoso but he is good at tickling the ivory's :) ) His brother in the musician of the family so Cass always compared himself to him.
Personality: He is very driven to push him self to be better and stronger in all area's of his life. Cass is a pretty chill guy, He doesn't anger easily and loves anything funny. He has a great sense of humor that is slightly dry and sarcastic. His parents raised him and his brothers to be gentlemen (chivalry is not dead! :) ) so he is courteous to the ladies around him but still a fun guy. Cass is pretty laid back but he is anything but a pushover, he has been known to settle disagreements with his fists (on guys only) but only when he is pushed.
History/ How you got in Dalle: Cass was home-schooled for all of his life until his parents contacted Dalle (after hearing about it form one of their kids coaches) The coach suggested Dalle for Cass because of their superior athletics program and that the head of the athletics had experience with handicapped athletes.
Likes/ Dislikes:
Sports
A Good old book
Food (he eats like a horse)
and loud music
Dislikes:
People who rub him the wrong way
And sitting still for more than five minutes

Strengths/ Weaknesses:
Strengths: His natural talent with sports, Winning smile and charismatic personality, His determination to overcome anything.
Weaknesses: He's ADD so paying close attention can be a problem for him, Can be oblivious to how other people are feeling (typical male.) he is also terrified of failing his own expectations of himself, or being pitied by other able bodied people (this can cause him to push himself too far)

Anything else? he is straight as a poker. Cass loves rain because he thinks it can wash away a multitude of things both real and spiritual. Cass is a christian (his father is a pastor) but he is not preachy or in your face about it (he thinks people like that are asses.) he loves being cool or cold (he can't stand hot weather) He also has Dyslexia.
Last edited by Shadowlight on Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:15 am, edited 4 times in total.
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

One fish, two fish, red fish, aardvark.
— alliyah