z

Young Writers Society

The Exodus of the Insane (Started, Accepting By PM)

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:00 am
Jennya says...

Sorry But I don't think I have the time to do this and my character is a little to much like someone else's. Sorry
Stay gold, Ponyboy - S.E. Hinton

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:44 pm
LostMagi42 says...

It is ok. Thank you for joining in the first place.
here is Little Princess's profile. she asked to join, and here is her character:

Name:Margaret Gray is my character, her nickname is Maggie or Mags, and Maris is her sister, also called Mari.
Appearance: She is extremely small for her age, she looks about 14/15. She has black hair that reaches down her back and dark freckles, a mousy face with a pointed nose, small eyes and mouth. She is so skinny that she appears to be malnourished. Her eyes are hazel. She is somewhat bent over and when she thinks she is her sister she stands up straight.
Specialty: Spying.
Why you are in here: Multiple Personality Disorder, Paranoia, Murder, Rage
Up for love?: Yes
Strengths: Her size makes her good for spying, ducking and hiding. She is very good at blending in until she assumes the role of her sister in which case she becomes clumsier. She is also surprisingly logical and good at solving puzzles.
Weaknesses: Won't go near knives or swords at all, freaks out if she is near any of them.
Melee weapon of choice: She isn't very experienced with weapons.
History: She was born into a big, loving family with her twin sister who she quickly grew to hate. The two were always compared, which she hated and began to think that one day her sister was going to take over her life. She began to be afraid of everyone forgetting about her and not caring about her until one day she killed her sister and her mother, by stabbing them with a knife from the kitchen. Her father found her crying over her sisters dead body.
Other: She has occasional moments where she consults her sisters opinion or outright thinks she is her sister -at these moments when she "returns" she has outbreaks of rage- or she will begin to apologize profusely for the murder.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:50 pm
LittlePrincess says...

(Hi everyone, I'm just going to jump right in! :D )

Margaret Gray

There were extraordinary amounts of commotion out in the hall, I figured someone had gotten loose again and the doctors were having a hard time pinning him down.

“I hope they don’t need my help,” Janet, my nurse, said as she glanced worriedly out the door. Janet was always worried, but I guess being around crazies does that to you. She was new, young and far too sympathetic, which made me like her a lot.

“Janet,” I said drawing her attention from the noise outside, “I’m sure it’s nothing, really, but before you give me my pills could you loosen up this thing, it’s really quite uncomfortable.” I nodded my head towards the metal straight jacket wrapped around me, Nurses weren’t allowed to mettle with them in anyway, but I was prepared to play the pity card.

She gave me a sympathetic look just as someone ran down the hall, frantically. I didn’t know what was going on out there but I was going to find out. Janet loosened it until I sighed with relief. “Thank you so much,” I said, grinning up at her like a small child, “No one understands how uncomfortable these things are.”
“Oh, I know, honey, it’s for your safety.”

I just sighed, my arms were loose enough that I could move them freely so I began to plan my escape. Janet busied herself with my pills, muttering about the inhumanity of the jacket. I almost felt bad for what I was about to do... almost.

In one swift movement, I freed my arms and flung myself onto the floor. With my foot I kicked Janet’s chair, causing her to collide with the table and pills to fly everywhere. The jacket was loose enough around my neck that I was able to slide right out of it and out the door, slamming the door behind me and locking it automatically. I caught one glimpse of Janet through the window, looking flustered. At the sound of the door slamming she looked at me and I was able to read her lips, Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear.

Part of me wanted to thank her but frankly, there wasn’t enough time. The hall was chaos and it got my blood pumping. I followed the path of dead guards and doctors, curiously. I turned the corner and joined a group of other patients whom I recognized but whose names I couldn’t place. Ahead of us stood a man speaking with a thick German accent. He was grinning, which wouldn’t have been nearly as shocking if he wasn’t surrounded with dead bodies.

"You want out, yeah?" He was laughing. "Come on zen, into ze airvents, we will find a way out, yeah?"

The other’s stared at him blindly but I stepped forward. “Let’s get out of this place.”
"One sees clearly only with the heart. Anything essential is invisible to the eyes."
The Little Prince

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:51 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Tempest
I barely glanced at the new arrival. I climbed into the air vent and let my arms dangle down. "Alright whoever is after me help the next person up and so on." I explained to the weird looks. Skizzy grabbed my arms and clambered up. I grinned at him and he smiled back. I crawled a few spaces back into the air vent as Skizzy helped Angel up.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

Reviews: 2
Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:19 pm
MissPenelopeLane says...

Doctor Stephen Robert

As soon as all the loons in that particular room had climbed into the vents Dr. Robert grinned widely and climbed in himself. "Everyone, follow me."

Someone shifted the vent covering back into place. It made a bit of noise, but at least it wouldn't be as painfully obvious as to where they went as leaving it open.

Dr. Robert let out a soft cackle. "There are no cameras in zese vents, yeah. I will show you where we will stay during ze time before our army is complete and we make ze escaping."

Dr. Robert lead them through a maze with many twists and turns, all within the air vents. He didn't stop for a second until he came across his room. On the walls he had scribbled a few notes for his plan of escape.
Do you want Peace, Love, and Happiness?
~Good, because so do I.
Before you can do that, you must do one thing.
~Imagine ALL the people.
That or sit on the couch eating nachos.

...Let's just do that.

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held