Young Writers Society

And So the Story Goes...

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:36 pm
lilymoore says...

Story

In Yor Wen Socre, there is no finer, more powerful profession than that of being a writer. Why? Because ninety-eight percent of the population is born without the ability to write. All are quite capable of reading, however, and it is through the pleasure that writers have given to their readers, that writing has become such a powerful outlet in Yor Wen Socre. But the world of writers is not all that one might imagine. Theodore Zephaniah has been controlling the writing “gangs” for years until up-and-comer Norah Laird rallied the poets and attempted to stage a coup against Zephaniah. Now, the disorganized but larger group of prose writers and the slowly-growing poets are fighting for power.

Norah, though young, is working tirelessly not only to produce enough product to gather enough funds to keep her campaign against Zephaniah running but also to keep the spirits of her poets high. Without the aid of her child sidekick Alix Amberose, Norah would likely be lost below the heaps of paper that often seem to be overtaking her desk.

Zephaniah is getting old. Prior to Norah’s attempted coup, he had been planning to retire his position to his right hand man, er, woman, Carma Nightwing. But now he is convinced he must stick it out for the prose writers he has controlled for so many decades, re-organize his troops, and smoother the fiendish work of the poets.

Main Characters
These are the names bolded above that really need filling. Of course, more characters are always welcome. :D

Theodore Zephaniah – leader of the prose forces.
Norah Laird – leader of the poets forces.
Alix Amberose – Norah’s right hand guy. Although not a full-fledged member of any “gang,” he manages to hold a good deal of power and promise.
Carma Nightwing – Theodore’s right hand woman. Before the attempted coup, she was supposed to take over as the leader of both prose and poetry writers. Now, she’s just really ticked off that Theodore has decided to stick around for one last fight.

Rules
1. Good grammar is a must. You are all writers of course.
2. One character per person.
3. Anyone is able to join at any point in the story.
4. Please no foul language or sexual scenes.
5. This also gives you an opportunity to do a little writing inside of your writing so keep in mind to be original and use your own works.
6. Have fun for goodness sakes. :D

Profiles

Poetry or Prose:
Name:
Short Biography:
Piece they are most proud of:
What they most often write? (genres and such):

Poetry
Norah Laird - lilymoore
Alix Amberose - Incognito

Prose
Theodore Zephaniah - Octave
Carma Nightwing - Stella Thomas

Plot:

From time to time I’ll update this area as it will be on the front page and all just to give a little direction if things seem to be getting scattered.

Poets
Currently, the poets are hard at work writing and selling their poems to whoever will take them at whatever price. Norah is attempting to better organize these forces.
Prose
Zephaniah is working on organizing his prose writers as well as attempting to slip and inside man into Norah’s forces. (mwahahaha)
Last edited by lilymoore on Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:10 pm
StellaThomas says...

Can I claim Carma, plz?
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:33 am
Octave says...

May I claim Theodore?
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:16 pm
Incognito says...

I'll be Alix if you want me to. ;)
'Everyone is entitled to be stupid, some just abuse the priviledge.'

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:31 pm
Jasmine Hart says...

I would like to join and invent a character if it suits you. Want to get back to storybooking. I would like to be with the poets if that's ok.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

675 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 675
Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:30 pm
lilymoore says...

Poetry or Prose: Poetry

Name: Norah Laird

Appearance: Standing only 5 foot 3 inches, Norah isn’t particularly threatening. Her blond hair falling in big golden curls and her soft green eyes don’t seem ready to put up much of a fight. She’s usually dressed in fitted jackets and big skirts and she’s never seen without her silver trimmed velvet top hat, seeming more a doll that a human. It’s not until she purses her small pinked lips and furrows her eyebrows deep into her forehead that she suddenly seems a good deal more like a warrior-writer.

Short Biography: There’s actually very little truly interesting about the life of Norah Laird. For the first twenty-two years of her life, she was trained as a poet and became known best for capturing very easy nature poetry. But somewhere in all of the money trading and shading dealings that came with
working for Zephaniah, Norah felt driven to create some sort of change within the way things worked. And she inspired this change in her fellow poets until she had gathered up enough rebellious force to comfortably attempt the unthinkable.

Piece they are most proud of: “The Whittler of White Rock”

What they most often write? (genres and such): Norah is best known for writing poetry about nature. Though she once wrote a wonderful piece about chocolate pudding.
Never forget who you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armor yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:02 pm
arya says...

may i also join?
i am back on this website after 1 1/2 years of just... well, not being on, or writing anything, and i really missed the storybooking... pls?? o.O
Oh and i promise i wont use short writing stuff thingis... :D

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:02 pm
arya says...

may i also join?
i am back on this website after 1 1/2 years of just... well, not being on, or writing anything, and i really missed the storybooking... pls?? o.O
Oh and i promise i wont use short writing stuff thingis... :smt003

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it's too dark to read.
— Groucho Marx