z

Young Writers Society

With a Box of Crayons

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:34 am
Octave says...

It goes like this:

You rush out of the house with a piece of toast in your mouth, shirt buttoned all wrong, and mismatched socks to top it all off only to realize today's different. Today's different because when you open that door, you don't see your usual world, but see a black-and-white world of stick drawings.

Yeap. Stick drawings. Even the people are indistinguishable stickmen with no clothes.

So you decide to shut the door. Maybe when you open it this time, it'll be fixed.

Nope. Still a stick world.

Oh boy. Maybe if you keep staring it'll go back to normal.

Finally - you spot a normal person. She's coloring a house, and it seems like the house is going back to normal - oh holy crap. She just turned into a stickman. Now you really have a problem.

The basics:

1. Only the characters' houses (and the characters themselves) are okay. If your character lives in a dorm, then only her room is still normal. The rest will be made of stick chairs and stick walls and the like. Also, all characters come from the same city (think New York City).

2. You need to color the world back to normalcy. Use anything - nail polish, chalk, colored pens, crayons, water color, spray paint - whatever your character might have lying around the house. Go nuts.

3. If you color it wrong, it'll come back wrong. Clouds + pink = cotton candy that will fall from the sky. Grass + silver = literal blades of grass. Have fun causing trouble with this. ;] Weird color-object combinations are win.

4. No creating new objects. Just color existing ones, okay?

5. Let's keep this family-friendly, guys.

6. No godmodding. (This means you shouldn't make others' characters do what they won't normally do just to make your character look good. :])

7. Have fun!

Profile template (just a guide on what should be there - feel free to add more):

Name:

Personality:

Short Background:
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:22 am
Lumi says...

Name: Samuel "Sam" Jackson (his parents had a sense of humor!)

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Sam is a clever boy--someone who will try his best to charm the girls and keep the fellas rolling with laughter. While he's skilled in different areas (he can paint, but not draw; sing but not dance), he always feels like he should take the back seat and let others do the leading. And really, that laid-back attitude and his flirtatiousness is what makes him Sam!

Short Background: Sam really hasn't had anything incredible happen to him. There was this one time when he took a girl out on a blind date only to find out she was one of his best mates dressed in drag--that was an interesting day. He doesn't like to make a spectacle out of life, and doesn't see why every day shouldn't be just as good as the last...except for bad days. Bad days can burn.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Oooooo, reserve me a spot, pretty please!!!
Live, Love, Laugh

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:38 am
Dragonette says...

Name: Desarae

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She's excited about everything and always looks on the bright side of things. But she can't draw worth beans and she's slightly color blind. Thankfully she has five huge crates full of spankin new crayons (and thankfully crayola crayons have the color name written on the side. Unless the paper was torn off...). She has the crayons because she had just bought suplies for the daycare that she works at.
Spoiler! :

History: Nothing much. Desarae has a full-time job at a large, popular daycare.

Up for love: Yes

Theme song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPLRkyGU3cM&ob=av3e
Last edited by Dragonette on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

84 Reviews

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:54 am
fictionfanatic says...

Name: Skyler

Appearance: Skyler has black hair and bright blue eyes. His skin is slightly tan from being out in the sun
Spoiler! :
This, but not as thinImage

Personality: Skyler always has a smile on his face. He's a very ahppy, take whatever life throws at you kind of guy. He'll be the first to make a joke and is always trying to get people to laugh and smile.

History: Skyler's father is an artist, and Skyler got realy into art when he was about three. He would always do finger paintings next to his father, who paints scenery.

Other: Up for Love. He has a whole bunch of acryllic paints in his house!

*Hope this is okay!!!*
Live, Love, Laugh

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:12 am
Liv says...

*Dragonette, love Ariana Grande XD*

Name: Laila (Lay-luh)

Appearance: Dark wavy hair, dark brown eyes, beautiful face
Spoiler! :

Personality: Laila is a sweet girl. She's not much of an artist, but she's great with a nail polish wand and make up, as well as colors. She loves to talk, and does a mile a minute.

History: Grew up with her fraternal twin sister, Lila. That's pretty much it XD

Other: Up for love. Has a ton of make up and nail polish!

Name: Lila (Lie-Luh)

Appearance: Dark straight hair, dark brown eyes, beautiful face
Spoiler! :

Personality: Just like Liala, Lila talks a mile a minute. The two of them together is like a bomb! Hahaha. She's always doodling. She's really sweet, but she's also very sarcastic.

History: Grew up with her fraternal twin sister, Laila. That's all XD

Other: Up for love. Has a plentiful amount of sharpies and highlighters from all the doodling she does :)

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:05 am
Mikko says...

Yay! My first participation for a storybook! *Excited*

Name: Esther

Appearance: Brown skin, long African braids, tall, wide smile
Spoiler! :

Personality: Esther is very shy but expresses herself through graffiti art- which is one of her greatest passions in life. She always worries for others because of the sad childhood she went through.

History: When Esther was seven, her and her father left her mother because of her alcohol abuse. Her father was an art professor but since they moved, he had to give up his job too so he started teaching Esther art at home. She also grew up wathing people spray-paint the walls of (New York?) and quickly qrew fond of it and eversince, she does graffiti at home.

Other: Up for love and buys around 16 cans a week.
when she needs to shelter from reality she takes a dip in my daydreams

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:26 am
YW1996 says...

Name: Luke

Personality: He is quite a sensible guy, with a love for expressing himself through art. He prefers to go for the wild side than for the normal grass is green, sky is blue concept.

Short Background: He lives by himself with his dog, Charlie (Golden Retriever) and has recently finished University. He studied art. As well as this, he is quite a good writer and works for a small scale newspaper and does painting in his free time.

Looks: He has short black hair with a pair of emerald green eyes. He is quite sporty and packs a bit of muscle and speed.

Other: At the moment he is taking things steady and not up for love, but he will look for it, when he wants it. :)

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Sat Aug 13, 2011 4:53 am
Jas says...

This sounds fun! Save me a spot for a girl. :D
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:45 pm
Dragonette says...

So...does anyone else want to join?
I'm a JESUS FREAK! (but you can call me a 'Jeek' if you want :D

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

You aren't an official writer unless you're at least slightly mad.

403 Reviews

Reviews: 403
Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:56 am
SmylinG says...

My second shot at a storybook.. x) ...here goes.

Name: Max (girl)

Personality: Quite the laid back kid. Very calm, friendly, and easygoing.

Short Background: Max grew up in foster care much of her life, but is in no way jaded by it. She now lives alone in her studio apartment and supports herself by working at a nearby coffee shop. She's had quite the artistic eye since she was little, and skates passionately nearly every chance she can get. Because of her laid back skater girl exterior, she finds herself, a lot of the time, clicking with many people from all different walks of life.

Appearance: She has long dark brown hair, brown eyes, about 5'4". Seen with a beanie or hat much of the time.
Spoiler! :
Last edited by SmylinG on Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul is my little, evil, yellow bundle of joy.

336 Reviews

Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:43 pm
Jas says...

Name: Scarlet Calderon

History: Scarlet was born to a very loving family and lived a splendid life until the age of seven. She had broken her leg a few days before and was stuck at home, with her mother tending her, when the robbers came. The thieves hadn't expected anyone home and when Scarlet's mother ran to the phone, they shot and killed her in panic, right in front of Scarlet. They ran out and Scarlett was left alone with her mother's corpse until her father came home from work.

Many weeks later, after enduring grueling identification and testifying, the robbers were prosecuted and set to go to jail. However, no one in the courts anticipated a widow, blind with rage, standing up in the courtroom and shooting both criminals dead. Their brains lay splattered all over the floor, Mr.Calderon was sitting quietly in his seat, repeating over and over 'I killed them. I killed them. I killed them.' and the entire ordeal was caught on camera. He was sentenced to twenty years in prison and Scarlet never saw him again.

Now, Scarlet, at the ripe age of nine, was left an orphan and a dirt poor one at that, considering all the family's savings were spent on the best funeral possible for Scarlet's mom and then the best lawyer possible for Scarlet's father. She was sent to her long-distance second uncle in South Dakota, a fat, balding man who spent most days watching game shows and waiting for his disability check to come in the mail. He was partially deaf and was too a mourner, as his wife, Scarlet's father's sister, had committed suicide after developing a severe depression from her OCPD.

Scarlet lead a quiet life there and was eleven when she began to hear the voices. Sometimes more than one, sometimes they argued with each other, sometimes they told her to do things. Bad things. No one suspected Scarlet, still a child, when the neighbors dog was found poisoned, stupid dog, probably got into the antifreeze on it's own. Or when all of Mrs. Jansen's jewelry went missing, well, I might have misplaced it, or left it on the cruise ship, yes that must be it. Or even when the Schafer's newborn baby, just a couple weeks old, just taken home from the hospital was found dead, he was healthy at the hospital, completely fine, the doctors say it was Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, poor thing.

It was when the voices began to tell her something else, something that would engulf all other incidents in smoke. She tried to argue, to tell them other things, better things to do, but the voices weren't used to her saying no and sometimes she woke up with scratches and cuts that weren't there when she went to bed. They would give her mind-shattering headaches that would leave her rocking on her bed, moaning in pain. It took several months, but Scarlet finally broke and the firefighters found her with a pack of matches and three empty gallons of gasoline staring blankly at the burning house, her uncle still inside.

She was arrested and sent to juvy until her trial. She was listed as her uncle's only benefactor in his will and had enough money to pay for the same lawyer her father had. Her lawyer pleaded 'Guilty but Insane' and Scarlet was sent to Hopewell Juvenile Asylum until she was found to be completely sane. She spent seven years there, gaining her GED and applying to dozens of colleges around the relative New York area and was released the month before, with a full savings account and no where to go. She moved to New York City to reinvent herself and rents a small apartment in Queens, while majoring in Psychology at NYU.

(That was longer than I figured it would be. o.o)

Personality: Scarlet is a relatively normal girl, personality wise, considering her life experiences. She is very quiet and only speaks when she has thought of something useful to say. She never speaks of her past and it's hard for her to trust people. She is really sweet and hates hurting people, because it reminds her of who she used to be. She must take medication every day or she goes into a fit and hears the voices again. She strongly denies that it was her who stole the jewelry, who killed the dog, the baby and her uncle. She says it was the voices, not her and that the United States Court System says it's not her fault for the crimes, so that should be enough.

Appearance: She has light brown curls that stop at the middle of her back, vibrant blue eyes and a rosy complexion. She's 5"5 and normal weight. The picture is like a younger version of her.

Last edited by Jas on Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am nothing

~*~

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:16 pm
Octave says...

Name: Walker Fallon

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Walker tends to look incredibly unemotional. He usually looks indifferent and it's difficult to provoke a reaction from him. It's not that he likes bottling up his emotions - he's just a bit aloof, and he doesn't really do well socializing with others. He's a brilliant, consistently topping his exams in the university, but very quiet boy. He isn't so much intense as he is generally just /there/, observing and staying neutral. He prefers to keep things to himself and is very fond of his own personal space as well as his belongings. He doesn't have a lot of friends, but he's not difficult - you just have to open the conversation first.

Short Background: Walker's the son of a well-off banker, the second of three children and the only boy. His older sister is an up-and-coming prima ballerina, while his younger sister dreams of becoming a lawyer. Walker himself is studying medicine, but he's somewhat awkward and kind of a wallflower. He doesn't have a lot of friends - not because he can't get along with people, but because he actually likes staying in the background. He lives in the dormitory of his university, and, to put it plainly, has little to no art supplies. Highlighters and colored pens are as far as he goes in that direction - he's always been more of an admirer than an artist, and is into books and movies, not the visual arts.

A/N: Guys, we start in twenty-four hours (give or take a few). :) Let's have fun!
"The moral of this story, is that if I cause a stranger to choke to death for my amusement, what do you think I’ll do to you if you don’t tell me who ordered you to kill Colosimo?“

-Boardwalk Empire

Love, get out of my way.

Dulcinea: 2,500/50,000

336 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:02 pm
View Likes
Jas says...

Er, is anyone going to start this?
I am nothing

~*~

84 Reviews

Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:10 pm
fictionfanatic says...

Ditto on jasmines post. Werent we supposed to start this a while ago?
Live, Love, Laugh

The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.
— Amelia Earhart