z

Young Writers Society

The War of the Mages (Started, accepting by PM)

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:19 am
Redfang18 says...

Name: Mia Giratina
Race: Part elf
Clan: Arcania
Personality: so calm, it's scary. Under the calm exterior, she's clever and dark.
History: She's originally from the Netherskull clan, but her mother cheated on her father and Mia had to run away. She was taken in by the Arcania clan and learned to use mind power. What was strange about her is that she took to the training very fast, almost like she was born for it. Her trainer has just recently passed away, but Mia is hardly showing any remorse for the loss. She knows death is natural as life, so she's calm enough to accept it as a fact. To her, men have no mercy- hence the darkness in her personality. She's 21currently.
Appearnce:
Spoiler! :
Instead of a veil, she wears a pale blue dress that hides her feet when she walks. Her eyes are bright blue, but turns black when she's angry.
Up for love: Yes
Other: She has a golden eagle named Victor, after her father.
Spoiler! :

Alternative weapon:
Spoiler! :
These are hidden on her person, mostly on a place even a man can't suspect they'd be.
Strengths: She's a mind-reader and can control minds at a certain degree. She has a little necromancy under her belt, but that's only for creatures the size of Victor.
Weaknesses: She's afraid of snakes, water (can't swim), being outsmarted by a target, and -this is her greatest- the fear of losing Victor. The latter was just an egg when she found him and she raised him ever since. Because she's a little reliant to Victor, Mia's afraid someone would kill him.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm
LostMagi42 says...

OK! We just need one more lightbringer, and I can set the deadline!
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:58 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Name: Kestrel Oir

Race: Part Veela

Clan: Lightbringer

Personality: Calm and calculating. Very empathetic and kind. She is a loyal friend. She is very bouncy and happy.

History: [ Will be revealed 'vv' ]

Appearance: Short, pixie light, almost bright white, blonde hair. She has startling blue eyes, a pale complextion, and is short.

Up for love? (love between different clans is okay): Yes, very romantic.

Other: //

Alternate weapon: A bow and arrow.

Strengths:

Weaknesses:
Signature Pending

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Wed Aug 31, 2011 9:41 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Name: Adale (Addy) Smith.

Race: Drak (it's basically a human that turns into a dragon around once every few days. In my book he is very powerful, but to make if more fair, the dragon will be a baby- since, you know, he's, like, twelve. The dragon looks sorta like this:
Spoiler! :

I'll explin more in the personality.)

Clan: Dragonskull (ironic, right?)

Personality: The first thing you need to know about Addy is that, even though he's only around twelve, you don't mess with Addy's dragon form. Addy is kind unless you cross him- which is rather easy to do. He likes to chillax and read, and his biggest frustration is when he puts his guard down an burns his book. He is afraid of his magic, and joined this clan to either get rid of it or tame it. He is constantly fighting against the fire and needs nothing more than the time and training of another person to help him tame it. He's very smart as a human.

In his dragon form, Addy is another person- erm, dragon. Dragon-Addy is like a puppy. He's sweet and kind but very, very, very mischievous. He loves to snuggle but also likes to bite people's thumbs and burn people. He can fly, but if he goes too high he gets nervous. He is perfectly controlling of his fire abilities as a dragon and loves to play! Addy can better control when to turn into a dragon, but there are times he can't help it ad just transforms. He's not very intelligent as a dragon.

History: Addy had a calm life in the Big Apple's suburbs until he was around ten. The day of his tenth birthday, he transformed into a dragon for the first time. His parents, afraid of him, dumped him on the side of the highway. He began to then find out his fire abilities and immediately started shooting fire at rabbits and deer. When he was twelve, he accidentally his himself when he was playing with fire- causing him to be Arsonphobic (afraid of fire) from then out. Soon after he was found by the Dragonskulls when he was trying to get rid of his fire (unsuccessfully), and has been with them for about a week now.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Up for love? (love between different clans is okay): Erm, not really.

Other: He secretly, deep down, still has his love of fire.

Alternate weapon: Dragon claws.

Strengths: Dragon side, smart as a human.

Weaknesses: Fear of fire, dumbness as a dragon.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

34 Reviews

Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:16 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Deadline will be at Noon GMT tomorrow, September 2nd. I probably will be at practice, so start without me after the deadline. I will join in when possible.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

34 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:13 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Its a little late, but its past the deadline, so go ahead and start! Ill add when I can. Peple may join in at some point in the near future, but only by PM.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:28 pm
Redfang18 says...

Mia Giratina

Victor perched himself on my shoulder, ruffling his golden feathers against the skin of my cheek. He had a black feather in his talons. I took the feather and studied it. It looked like a raven's feather, almost likely. This meant I was about to intrude on a Netherskull's practice training grounds. Some Netherskulls have ravens for pets and were believed to use the feathers as a warning, that way they could have some part of the ground to themselves. Victor never seen a raven up close and personal, but I knew a Netherskull wouldn't like it if a golden eagle like Victor intruded the training ground without permission or reason. Netherskulls were born necromancers, so anything dead wouldn't be safe from their power.
I tried to control a Netherskull's mind once, but it was like he was immune from my power. He had a raven on his shoulder that time, the bird of which he called Faust and commanded to attack me. That raven left a scratch on my left shoulder and went away with his master. The Netherskull seemed to rely on the raven, but I couldn't figure out why.

Reviews: 2
Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:35 pm
MissPenelopeLane says...

Thalia Swiftwind - LightBringer.

She sat down in the medical wing. It was a large room with many beds designed to be as comfortable as possible. When it wasn't war time the room was never this full, and people were in and out in a flash. Now Thalia and her people were getting hurt left and right, and this wing of the castle was flooded.

"Thalia," her commanding officer said to her. "We need you out there defending everyone. You're more powerful than you think."

"I'm puny," she said softly. "Forgive me, my lord, but I could do more good staying and healing our injured. I wouldn't want to cause a burden by simply going out there and hurting myself."

He sighed softly. "Look, I know you want to do what's best, and I'm telling you. This is what is best. Go out there!"

"I can't," she said, her voice a whisper. "I can't go out there so long as there are people in here that are hurting."

She sighed and sat down on the bed next to a young man who had broken his leg. "Hello there, may I heal your leg?"

Lance DeValte - DragonSkull

"Haha," he said in his shrill voice. "They'll never expect it! It's so ironic! Bathroom... on fire! Who would have thought?!" He covered his mouth and let out a shrill giggle.

"Lance," a young man walking down the hall said. "What are you up to?"

"Nothing, sir," he said with a grin. He slicked back his air and flicked one of his ears. "I'm just remembering all the good pranks I pulled, including the knight at the door prank."

The man sighed and rubbed his temples. "I remember Sir Prize oh too well."

Lance quickly scurried off, quite clearly up to no good. His shrill giggle echoed through the hall until he came across the bathroom. With a simple snap a small ember jumped from his fingers and onto the ground. He did this until every flammable item in the bathroom had been set ablaze.

Feeling his work was done he strode proudly out of the bathroom.
Do you want Peace, Love, and Happiness?
~Good, because so do I.
Before you can do that, you must do one thing.
~Imagine ALL the people.
That or sit on the couch eating nachos.

...Let's just do that.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:49 pm
gleek456 says...

Cosette Lae

I watched as Thalia offered to heal the man's leg. I never get it. Why are these clans out for eachother? Did they get into a heated argument or something? I shake my head and head over to Thalia. I put my hand on her shoulder, and she jumped a bit. I quickly remove my hand from her shoulder.

"Cosette! Lord, don't startle me like that," she muttered. I bit my lip and fidgeted a bit.

"Sorry," I apologized. Thalia nodded and returned to the man's leg. I peered over her shoulder.

"What happened to him?" I asked. Thalia sighed.

"That stupid war. So many getting hurt," she answered. I nodded walked toward's the room's window. It was the afternoon, and the clans were still fighting. Some Lightbringers were healing others outside, which I thought was a dumb thing to do. I walked over to another injured Lightbringer. She had a broken arm, poor thing. I exhaled as I watched the fighting going on outside.

(Hope this is okay! If not, please PM me. :) )
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:53 pm
Betheny says...

'Good Gods' I thought, 'What in hell was going on with me?' I had been walking through the forest when I collapsed, it felt as if I was dying. Then everything was perfectly normal again. "Stange" was all Arwen had said when I'd told her later that day. The following days at almost exactly the same time every day, the same thing seemed to happen again and again, always when I was alone though. No-one else in the clan wanted to even know about it so I was left to deal with it on my own.

It had been a week since all this had started when I saw him. A Netherskull. 'Damn, damn and more damn! Just my bleeding luck.' What made it even worse was the fact he'd seen me and was coming towards me.
"Hello, my name's Jack." Just then a raven came and landed on his shoulder, squawking at and eyeing me.
"Oh, crap..." Was all I managed to say before I was rendered unconcious.
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:26 pm
Sourdude16 says...

Doomfire

This war was going to be a tough one. I knew it right away. I was involved in several wars with my clan and we've had a few hard battles. I was placed as general of my team, as I had fought in the war of andromeda and was one of the best soldiers they had. Of course, i was only general of a small squad, but a general none the less. I knew from the start that this was going to be the toughest war i've ever fought in, for this is the first time that i have been involved in a war with other mages. Suddenly, a burst of fire, a fireball, flew toward me. I calmly put up my hand and caught the fireball and looked at it. I saw someone approach me.
Last edited by Sourdude16 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~The future is only history yet to come~ personal quote
~Writing isn't a job or work. Its a passion and a gift.~ Personal quote
~Love is something everyone deserves, few know, and only the elite understand~ personal quote

Reviews: 2
Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:36 pm
MissPenelopeLane says...

Thalia Swiftwind - Lightbringer

She shook her head and frowned. "I don't fancy all of this war. I hate seeing pain. It's a good chance to practice what I can do, but I would never wish for it like this."

"I don't either," Cosette replied. "I don't think anyone does."

"I'm sure those Dragonskulls do," she said, looking over those in the wing. "They're always up to no good. Why, just the other day I ran into one at the market."

"Really?" Cosette looked stunned. Her eyes focused on Thalia. "Tell me, what happened."

"Well this one acted quite queer, he was giggling. Not to mention he was almost as short as I, and he had green skin, plus pointed ears!" Thalia's face twisted into one of shock.

Cosette laughed weakly. "Goblins can't be mages, don't you understand?"

"But he wasn't a goblin," Thalia whined. "He was too tall to be one, and he had a broad chest like a human man! I knew he was a Dragonskull because he asked me what clan I was in. I told him quite honestly and asked if I could help him. The next thing I know he's set my best robes on fire!"
Do you want Peace, Love, and Happiness?
~Good, because so do I.
Before you can do that, you must do one thing.
~Imagine ALL the people.
That or sit on the couch eating nachos.

...Let's just do that.

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:57 pm
gleek456 says...

Cosette Lae

I laughed quietly, but quickly stopped. Dragonskulls, what can you do with them?

"Well, it makes sense since the only thing they can do is set things on fire," I said, adding a laugh. Thalia laughed along, and she went back to tending the man. I went back to tending the woman.

"When do you think this will end?" I asked her. I could feel that Thalia shrugged.

"Depends," she answered. Now this, I was very confused of, but I shrugged it off and focus on tending the woman.

"I mean, how did this all go wrong? We had a treaty, and, and-" I got cut off.

"The treaty wore off. They didn't believe in it anymore," Thalia said. I bowed my head and nodded.
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:04 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Noir
I knelt beside the elf ignoring Jack. "Feymoor." I said softly. "What?" Jack replied. I sighed. "She's from Feymoor. And an elf." I said still soft. "Then why was she near our clan?" He replied. "I don't know." I replied gently turning her head to see if she had struck it when Jack had knocked her unconcious. I felt a small knot in the back of her head and settled on my heels pulling my hood down. "What are we going to do with her?" I asked. "We?" Jack replied and I stood facing him. "Yes we Jack. Are we going to leave her or take her with us to Ariana?" I asked.
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

34 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:02 pm
LostMagi42 says...

((OOC: SourDude: Please add your character's name and clan before your post. it just helps so we wont have to keep flipping to thefirst page, thank you!))

Marcus - Arcania

I was walking through the woods, when I came across a very strange sight. there was a girl standing there with an eagle on her shoulder, studying a raven's feather. Great, I thought, Netherskull territory. I approached the girl, and heard a rustling in the woods, followed by a scream. I ran what little dark magic I could control, looking for death. Nothing. I pondered this intently, before sending out a mind probe across the area. there were three people standing mabye a quarter mile from our location, standing over the unconcious body of an elf. I began to tire, but my drake slowly provided the energy I needed. I had to do something, so I took over the conciousness of a nearby Netherskull, a relatively new one who didnt know how to protect his mind, and I made him run over to the scene. I forced him to pick a stick off of the ground and hit one of them on the back, then run away. I then let him have his mind back, and hoped that it would be a big enough distraction to help the elf. I ran over to the scene, and found the two gone. I took over the elf's mind just long enough to wake her up, and when I let go, I fell unconcious by a blow to my head. Before I blaced out, I heard Arthur, My drake, being tied up.

Ariana - Netherskull

I paced around, or floated around the room. I fondled my orb, debating on whether or not I should go out. I longed to hear from Marcus, and he was supposed to send a letter recently. I made my decision, and made myself Elven. I hurried out the door, and went to the stables, where I found the most elegant undead drake. I mounted him, and restored him to his former glory with my orb. I asked him quietly to please fly to Marcus, and I showed him who I was talking about. He took off, and we sailed over the Creeping woods, the area surrounding Netherskull. He stopped and dived into the woods rather suddenly, and I found Marcus bound and gagged, Jack and Raven dragging him back, and Marcus's dear Arthur tied to jack. I quickly reverted to my normal self, having the drake do the same. It had much more of an effect on people. I was thinking that I would have to travel across the Great Sea to reach the Island Where Arcania lied. This was much prompter.

"Release him!" I yelled in a rather seductive abyssal voice. It had the desired affect.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

There was nothing he enjoyed more than a good book. He'd wander into the study, take down some leather-bound volume, and eat it.
— Terence Brady (dog owner)