z

Young Writers Society

The War of the Mages (Started, accepting by PM)

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:39 pm
apple96 says...

Lorna - Dragonskull

Poppy snarled before realising that the creature which had just morphed into a human before her eyes was in fact Addy. I smiled at the salawa and patted her head softly.
"I'm here to ward off a wolf pack," I replied. "They've been getting too close to the clan and we can't risk anything happening."
"We are Dragonskull, I think we can handle a few wolves," Addy laughed. I sighed, he had forgotten hadn't he.
"Addy it isn't the clan I'm worried about . . ." I paused for a moment. "It's the wolves. I mean what if they're the same wolves . . ." I trailed off before taking a deep breath. "What if they're the same wolves that raised me. I couldn't let them get hurt."
Last edited by apple96 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Are you saying Ni to that old woman?'
'Yes'
'Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history'

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:36 pm
Redfang18 says...

Mia Giratina - Arcania

Victor returned from his excerise flight with another raven's feather. Obviously the male Netherskull doesn't want me anywhere near him and his raven, not after what I attempted to do to him. No doubt he developed a hatred against me. How could a Netherskull be immune from mind control, I'll never know. Victor cawed like he was annoyed.
I said, "I know how you feel. That Netherskull's raven interupted me and rescued his master while you were away. Sooner or later, we'll make them pay for crossing us."
Victor rubbed his head against my cheek.
"I'm glad you agree." I stroked his feathers affectionately and kissed his head.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:56 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Addy - Dragonskull (And by the way, Apple, Addy is a guy (: )

"I assume so. If you need any help..." I said, wondering aloud.

"That actually could work."

"But one thing." I said. "According to most encyclopedias- don't look at me that way, I love reading encyclopedias- they say that all wolves are quite similar in marking. How can you tell it it's your clan?"

"I'll know." She replied. "I think I know who I lived with for most of my life."

"Yes, maybe; but still. It's been a while since you've been with your... companions, has it not? Most of the ones you knew have been... replaced by younger wolfs." I said, choosing my words carefully. I tried to pet her pet, Poppy was it's name? Only to be greeted by a snarl. I backed away, looking down at it.

"Don't even think about that!" She hissed.

I shrugged. "What am I, but a twelve year old book worm. I know little."

"I'm thinking twice about even letting you help!"

"I'll be here, whether I'm helping or not. The world is a dangerous place now a days for a... a lone wolf." I replied, mentally laughing at my own pun.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:02 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Thank you for including me, but what is going on???

*Arwen*

"Who are you?" I snapped, tensing.

"Why do you care?" She replied.

I scowled.

"Answer me, or ..." The vines surrounding her crept closer.

"I'm Ariana," She spat. "Who are you, Druid?"

"I'm Arwen," I said, warily.
Signature Pending

54 Reviews

Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:29 pm
apple96 says...

Lorna - Dragonskull

I smiled slightly at the joke.

"Thanks Addy," I said as I turned to leave. "Come on Addy." I began walking towards the last place that the wolves had been spotted.

"So . . . How are you going to ward them off?" Addy asked as he followed me.

"Well, I was planning on making them know that this territory is already taken. You know by letting Poppy leave her scent on the trees and maybe try a defensive howl," I replied. "I'll teach you to howl properly if you want."

"I guess that'll be cool," Addy smiled. Poppy sniffed at Addy before licking his hand and wagging her tail. "Hey, did I just make friends with your dog?" he asked.

"Yeah," I replied with a grin, not bothering to correct him by saying that Poppy was a Salawa.
'Yes'
'Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history'

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:58 pm
Camulaeus says...

Hey, is it too late to join? If it's not possible, no worries :)
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

49 Reviews

Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:06 am
MilkNCookies says...

Addy

I scratched the dog's ears and I could almost swear he smiled.

"So how are you going to make him howl?" I asked her.

"He just... knows. He will, I promise." She said with a smile. If I wasn't mistaken, I think I had a friend in Lorna.

"What is it like?'' I asked her finally.

"What?" She replied, lading around the dog- Poppy, right?- and waiting for him to mark territory.

"The dogs. Hunting. Eating raw meat. Learning the ways of the wolves. Running on four legs. Adapting." I explained, infinetly curious. I had always wanted to ask, but I've never been as friendly with Lorna.

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:22 am
LostMagi42 says...

((OOC: Everyone: Hi! i just got back from a short vacation, and I will fill in the blanks. first, for the locations. Arcania is in the far southeast, and is an Island. It is connected into lightbringer territory with a bridge. Feymoor is in the far north, and it bulges out into the sea like a big mushroom. Netherskull is southwest of feymoor, and is a lot smaller than the rest, but most of it is in the catacombs. it is surrounded by a forest of dead trees. The lightbringers are directly below netherskull, and share an eastern border with dragonskull. dragonskull is in the east, and shares an eastern border with netherskull and the lightbringers, along with sharing a northern border with feymoor, who shares a southern border with it. As for people, all of the lightbringers are at their place. there is someone from feymoor, im not positive who, in netherskull. both of my characters are in feymoor along with arwen. jack is at dragonskull with addy and apples character. i believe another dragonskull is in arcania. everyone else has not posted yet, i believe. as for whoever is asking to join, pm me your character sheet, and add your location to it. i will add you to the front page and put your sheet in an ooc before one of my posts. hope this helps!))

Ariana and Marcus- Netherskull & Arcania (done from ariana's perspective)

"Interesting." I replied. I could see Marcus in deep concentration, trying to figure out if she had she had harmful intentions, but to no prevail.
"Could you let us out of these vines?" I asked.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:08 am
apple96 says...

(ooc : Poppy is a girl :D)

Lorna - Dragonskull

I frowned, trying to think about what I was going to say.

"I don't know how to answer that," I said. "I mean how would you explain growning up with humans?" Addy nodded.

"But, in comparison with living with humans," he smiled.

"Yes, I suppose it was very different. I mean I always thought that meat was meant to be eaten raw and I always thought that I was meant to do everything a wolf does. It was strange when I first saw creatures that looked like me and spoke a strange tounge that I somehow understood. When they brought me here I couldn't understand why they cooked meat or wore clothes. . ." I trailed off spotting the look on Addy's face. "Pervert!" I laughed.
Last edited by apple96 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Yes'

49 Reviews

Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:07 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Addy
*Sorry double post xD*
Last edited by MilkNCookies on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

~Dr.Seuss.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:15 pm
Sourdude16 says...

Doomfire-Dragonskull

The arcanian I was talking to told me to follow them inside, as they would talk to me and see if we all could figure out how this war began and how to end the war as peacefully as possible. When i got in town the arcanians welcomed me warmly, as the knew i wasn't hostile. They showed me to angelfina so I could get a viewpoint from her.
~The future is only history yet to come~ personal quote
~Writing isn't a job or work. Its a passion and a gift.~ Personal quote
~Love is something everyone deserves, few know, and only the elite understand~ personal quote

49 Reviews

Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:46 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Addy

"Hey. What do you expect for a puberty-twisted twelve year old?" I asked. "It's amazing how your body didn't reject the meat."

She shrugged. "I did the first few times. But eventually, I got used to it. I catch myself craving raw meat, too."

I shook my head. Lorna without clothes? For some reason, I couldn't really picture it.

"It's amazing how you still remember how to even speak with humans." I replied.

"I forgot some of it." She replied, scratching the dog's head. It was hard to belie it was a girl; it acted so masculine and protective, I forgot sometime.(coverup xD)

"Really?' I asked.

"Yea. There are words I hear people say that I don't fully remember."

An idea popped into my head, and before I could think about it, i blurted it out. "What if I taught you more words, if you taught me how to get rid of my fire."

I covered my mouth quickly. No one was supposed to know about my fear of fire... I was screwed.

~Dr.Seuss.

54 Reviews

Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:17 pm
apple96 says...

Lorna - Dragonskull

"Yeah," I smiled, not quite realising what had been said. "Wait, what was that about the fire?"

"I want to know how to get rid of the fire," Addy sighed after a few moments of silence. I shook my head and frowned again.

"I don't understand what you mean. Get rid of the fire? Why would you want to?" I asked in disbelief.

"Well . . . I don't really like fire," Addy replied quietly. I raised one eyebrow and sat down on a nearby rock.

"Why do I feel like there's something more to this?" I asked, patting the rock beside me, guesturing for Addy to sit down too.
'Yes'

49 Reviews

Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:10 am
MilkNCookies says...

Addy

I sighed and sat next to her. "When I found out I had this... ability to change into a dragon, my parents kicked me out. Got rid of me- dumped me on the side of the road." I explained.

She flinched back.

I figured out after how fire would do what I wanted. I started to kill animals with it; i thought I was invincible. I was trying to hunt a rabbit, and my hand got in the way." I hesitated, but showed her my palm. It was glossed over and pink in several spots, a partially healed burn.

She winced, frowning.

"You might have had a worse childhood than me." She said. I shrugged it off.

"I figured it would never heal, and it hasn't. I use it as a reminder whenever I get interested in fire again. It scares me more than anything. I woke of drenched in sweat once when I had a nightmare about fire. So... Will you teach me to get rid of it? I'll teach you anything you'd want to know."

~Dr.Seuss.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:33 am
Redfang18 says...

Jack Darkrai- Netherskull

Faust stayed on my shoulder as I ventured alone. I couldn't let myself be treated like a freak. In my pouch, I carried five corpses of small animals. The majority of them were already letting out a stench, the rest were just starting to rot. Faust picked them out for me to play with whenever I wanted to. My cloak trailed behind me like a tail, adding grace to my step. I was fine on my own with just Faust at my side. I needed some time on my own, anyway. If I can't really have a friend who doesn't mind me talking to Faust every so often, then I stand alone as I always have. I had nothing else to do, but a lot more to lose. I felt Faust brush his head against my cheek. I caressed his feathers in return. I loved him so much, I'd die without him.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson