z

Young Writers Society

The War of the Mages (Started, accepting by PM)

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:20 pm
Redfang18 says...

Jack Darkrai - Netherskull

I waited until Faust perched on my right shoulder. In his beak was a golden feather. I knew who owned the bird of which the feather belonged to. The feather was one from a golden eagle, the same bird that belonged to a girl from the Arcania clan. She tried to control my mind, but with Faust's assistance I escaped her. I took the feather from Faust's beak and caressed his own feathers. He playfully pecked at my fingers, but it bothered Noir that I have a raven as a pet.
Noir asked, "When will you ever get a better pet than a dark-feathered bird?"
I growled, "Faust is my pet and will stay that way. I've had him since he was an egg. Besides, I love ravens, the formost reason why I have him with me. Where ever I go, Faust comes with me and that's the end of it." I felt Faust brush his head against my cheek. "Now, are we going to Ariana or not?"
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:28 pm
PrincessOfDarkness says...

Arwen ¬

I pulled my cloak around me. A Raven cawed ovehead, but I continued onwards.

"Who are you?" I spun round.

*Sorry it's short.
Signature Pending

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:36 pm
Ladyofthedeathroses says...

Raven Noir- Netherskull
I clicked my tongue and Tamarisk flew to my shoulder nuzzling his black-feathered head under my chin. Adrian appeared as well his silver eyes cool as he loped to my side. I lifted the Feymoor onto Adrian's back and he buckled slightly then straightened. I pulled my hood up smoothly. "Let's go to Ariana." I said coolly. Jack said nothing and started to walk ahead. I stroked Tamarisk's head then followed. We reached the clan and Ariana appeared ordering us to release him. was confused then saw Jack release an Arcania and understood. Tamarisk pecked at my fingers and I looked at him. He croaked loudly and then a golden eagle dove down then up.
*Oh and Fang Noir has her own pet raven and loves him*
"You are without a doubt, the worst pirate I've ever heard of."

"But you have heard of me."

32 Reviews

Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:50 pm
Redfang18 says...

Mia Giratina - Arcania

I saw two Netherskulls approach with a member of the clan in their hands. One of the Netherskulls was the same man whose raven left scratches on my shoulder. I cawed for Victor, who perched my uninjured shoulder.
The male Netherskull looked my direction and showed a golden feather, his raven glancing at me with some kind of hatred in his eye. No doubt his raven was in my training ground and decided to take one of Victor's disgarded feathers as a present to his master. The Netherskull man snarled, "Don't try to use your mind control on me, woman. Cross me again and I won't hesitate to command Faust to peck your eyes out of your head."
I could tell he wasn't happy to see me, but neither was Victor about the male Netherskull and his raven.

~~~Les Miserables

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:58 am
apple96 says...

Lorna - Dragonskull

I narrowed my eyes and came closer to the boy, Poppy close at my heels. The first fireball had been a warning shot but if he hung around much longer I was going to end up really angry.
"What are you doing here?" I almost yelled at him. I sighed, resisting the urge to snarl. Poppy growled and glanced towards me, asking permission to attack, but I shook my head. At this the dog like creature simply stood at my feet still letting out a snarl.
'Are you saying Ni to that old woman?'
'Yes'
'Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history'

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Sep 03, 2011 9:30 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

I've already tried; will someone PLEASE include me!? >.<
Signature Pending

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:37 pm
Betheny says...

*Deleted* Sorry I messed up, ignor this please
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:54 pm
LostMagi42 says...

((OOC:PrincessOfDarkness: Sure. its not that hard to get lost in the woods. I may post a map of the place though... to make it easier to navigate.))

Ariana - Netherskull

We had been walking for hours. I could have sworn we were walking in circles. When we decided to stop, the Creeping Woods had vanished, and the trees started to have leaves on the trees. We had gone all the way to Feymoor. We started to turn around, when we were all trapped in vines, and one of the Druids had jumped out of the trees. I made haste in changing myself to elf form, hoping it would fool the Druid. I waited for a confrontation, and The drake had long past gone back to Netherskull.

((OOC: Feel free to jump in Princess!))
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

12 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:08 pm
Sourdude16 says...

Doomfire-Dragonskull

When i saw Lorna, it had been no surprise to me. I continued by saying, "Hey lorna. Just examining the battlefield I must trudge soon. My and our warriors are going to hell and back to end this war. We are probably the main target too. Must other clans view dragonskulls as the reason that wars start. We really are a peacefull clan. I even helped many of the other clans most recent leaders. True, the treaty we had wore off, but there is no reason for this. I blame the netherskulls. They need the dead for their powers to work after all. And i heard they just like wars for the natural "high" and "rush" it gives them. Im going to enter there compounds for a few days. See if I can get some intel on why this war started."
Last edited by Sourdude16 on Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~The future is only history yet to come~ personal quote
~Writing isn't a job or work. Its a passion and a gift.~ Personal quote
~Love is something everyone deserves, few know, and only the elite understand~ personal quote

12 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:31 pm

"Watch your mouth Dragonskull. Lest you find your eyes missing.'' I said icily striding into the clearing addressing the male. "Death is not a high we honor the dead and hate to see as much as you. But we know it is natural and do not fear it." I said standing across from him glaring at him. "We guide the dead to the next life and let them choose if they wish it. So do not speak of what you do not know of." I snapped.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:57 pm
MilkNCookies says...

Addy - Dragonskull I'm so confused :(

Fire burned inside me as I soared near to the ground, searching for the ins and outs of the field. A pastime of mine; especially when it's been abandoned, so I can just burn one part and watch the entire part catch ablaze. My nose quickly spotted a stench- the woody, sharp, thrilling smell of a fire-maker. You know; the type of people who can use fire. My wings pumped faster until I reached the fire-person- Lorna.

"Addy?" Lorna asked me as I settled near her feet, reaching about her knee. A purred softly, as the other man- the one who smelled of fire as well- said the same.

"Well, Doom, this isn't done with." Lorna, one of my favorite Dragonskulls (whether she liked me or not) hissed to the man. He shrugged. "You should gather up whatever info-crap you need and get away from here. You too, Addy!" She hissed. "Gosh, I can't even belive you're here. Aren't you supposed to be back with everyone else?" She asked. I quickly felt my human side taking over. Fighting it for a second, I gave in.

I morphed into a human, sanding straight after a few gasps. "I got bored." I explained after a while. "After I burned another of my books, I had to stretch my wings out a bit." I shrugged. "So, what are you doing here, anyways?"
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Sep 03, 2011 4:28 pm
Betheny says...

I am also confused. The story feels a bit all over the place. Reading back some of the parts contradict one another and make it difficult to follow. Could I possibly get a hint on whats going on?
"The world existed to be read. And I read it." - L.S Schwartz, Ruined by Reading

32 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:35 pm
Redfang18 says...

Jack Darkrai - Netherskull

I stashed the feather away and invited Faust to perch on my wrist. Much to Noir's surprise, I often spoke to Faust like an old friend. I caressed his feathers and said softly, "You know as well as I do that we can't trust anyone with the power of mind control. That girl with the golden ealge would've had me at her whim if you didn't claw at her shoulder. I suppose that's how you thank me for raising you when you were an egg."
Faust ruffled his feathers and cawed in a friendly manner.
I smiled and said, "I thought so." I kissed his head and let him fly around to excerise his wings. The two of us were close like parent and child, almost the same relationship I had with my grandparents. I couldn't ask for a better companion than Faust.
Nior asked, "Do you always have to talk to your raven, Jack?"
I answered darkly, "Yes, and I'll keep it up because I want to. If you don't want me to talk to Faust anytime I want, then I'm going out on my own."

~~~Les Miserables

12 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:45 pm

*Noir has her own pet raven Tamarisk. Sorry Fang just wanted you to see it*
Noir- Netherskull.
"Let's go." I said turning my back on the Dragonskull. "You turn your back on me?!" He asked in disbelief. "I am giving you a chance to run and warn your clan and any it might be allied with the Netherskull clan is not to be taken lightly. We will take as many men of yours with us. So run spark run to the bonfire for you have trespassed in darkness in which your light will fade." I said coldly turning and meeting the eyes of the Dragonskulls one by one. They all blanched and one shifted into a small dragon and flew away along with the other two. Tamarisk croaked and then brushed his softly feathered head against my cheek.

12 Reviews

Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:10 pm
Sourdude16 says...

Doomfire

I continued to walk as i got into the clan of arcania. I had made it into arcania's town. I walk along until I meet up with one of the arcanians. They asked why I was here in war time. I said, "I have come to ask why this all started. My clan and your clan im sure didn't want to enter war. After all, why have more people die then we need to? I came to find out what started the war and if I can end the war without the need for violence. Can you help?"
Last edited by Sourdude16 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~The future is only history yet to come~ personal quote
~Writing isn't a job or work. Its a passion and a gift.~ Personal quote
~Love is something everyone deserves, few know, and only the elite understand~ personal quote

I send you buckets full of stars, the prettiest rainbow I've ever seen and a really adorable unicorn
— Zenith