z

Young Writers Society

The War of the Mages (Started, accepting by PM)

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:00 pm
View Likes
apple96 says...

Lorna - Dragonskull

I frowned and shook my head slowly. "No I'm not sure you can get rid of it as such. I mean it's part of what you are isn't it. Like maybe out there theres a bird who doesn't want to be a bird, maybe he is scared of heights but there is no way for that bird to turn into anything else so he has to remain being a bird." I explained, trying to make it as simple as I could.

"So you're saying theres nothing I can do?" Addy asked.

"Not exactly, say if that bird learned that he didn't have to fly really really high with the rest of the birds. Say he just hovered and gradually he became more confident about flying." I said. "Maybe I could help you to control your powers rather than getting rid of them."

"Okay," Addy nodded. "So you think that I could learn to control my powers and then gradually become more confident in using them?"
'Are you saying Ni to that old woman?'
'Yes'
'Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history'

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:51 pm
View Likes
MilkNCookies says...

Addy

Lorna chuckled. "Probably." She replied.

"It's just scared me. for as long as I can remember; especially after my house burned in a fire when I was six." I muttered to myself, covering my ears as Poppy emitted a high-pitched howl before setting off. We both got up and followed after him, nose suctioned to the ground.

"I'm sorry." She replied.

"What's done is done. Now I'll remember how important it is to not leave a burner on without a pot. So... is it a deal?" I asked her. A puzzled sort of look crossed over her face.
"Fantasy is a way of looking through the wrong end of the telescope."

"The writer who breeds more words than he needs is making a chore for the reader who reads!"

~Dr.Seuss.

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:12 pm
View Likes
apple96 says...

Lorna - Dragonskull

"Look, Addy," I sighed. "I'm not in control of the powers that I have. . . I don't think that I can help you."

"Oh . . . I guess thats alright," He replied slowly.

"I really am sorry," I said shaking my head. "I'll try to learn how to control mine too, maybe we could learn together." Addy smiled and nodded slightly.

"I guess."
'Are you saying Ni to that old woman?'
'Yes'
'Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say Ni at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land, nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress in this period in history'

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:46 pm
View Likes
LostMagi42 says...

((OOC: Everyone: Here is a new profile.

Camulaeus wrote:Hope there's somewhere I can fit in :)

Name: Elias Ferwin

Race: Human

Clan: Arcania

Personality: Elias is quiet and reserved, a wisp of a prescence, who views the world as a canvas and the mind as a paintbrush. He struggles with communication with others, yet thrives through artistic expression. This makes him often detached, and this allows him to manipulate and use people as if they were nothing more than tools.

History: Elias' mother died bringing him into the world, ravaging his father's heart and soul. Elias practically raised himself, living in the corners of his own home, avoiding the bursts of anger and despair by his unstable dad. When he was sixteen, he walked in on his father making a pact with a spectral figure. Through eavesdropping, Elias witnessed his father trade the soul of his son for that of his wife. Terrified, shocked and in disbelief, Elias grabbed whatever mattered to him and ran as far as his legs could take him. He was almost caught, as he watched the ghostly figure stalk him. He escaped by a hair's breadth, and is now wandering aimlessly.

Appearance:
Spoiler! :

Up for love? (love between different clans is okay): Sure, if they can break through to him.

Other:Is being hunted by a spectral monstrosity intent on taking his soul.

Alternate weapon: Storm Capsule (small thermos containing captured lightning bolts. Operates with a button that removes the lid and fires several thousand amps)

Strengths: Stealth, and Conjuration (he can give physical attributes to creatures and objects of the mind for limited time)

Weaknesses: Poor social skills, low endurance and fighting skills.

It is in quotes because it was the only way I could transport the spoiler and picture.))
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

Bananas
— looseleaf