Young Writers Society

In Oculis Draconis *Dead*

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:00 pm
Rydia says...

Emperor Zarin | Northern Courtyard

My White seemed to be disturbed by something. I thought at first it might be the general who had seen fit to grace me with his presence. But no. She was not growling at him, but someone else. Something else. I turned my head and gave her a questioning look. What do you fear, my beauty? Is there trouble ahead? Is that... is that why you need me? So many questions I wanted to ask her, but it felt like we had all the time in the world. It felt comfortable and I barely even wondered why she had chosen me. It felt right. We were a pair somehow and I looked forward to riding her, feeling sure that I would. Why? What strange times are these?

"Quite well," I answered Altair. I felt fine, there wasn't a scratch on me and it seemed that now that She was out of immediate danger, the dragon's hurt didn't reach me so strongly. "You will find my son."

"The boy is probably just chasing after some maiden, my lord, I'm certain-"

"Just find him. Before that blasted dragon does." This was not over yet. I could feel it. It wasn't done, could not be done. Dragons. How were we to fight dragons, how many were there? Would others come to our aid, bonding to my generals and lending strength to myflank? I tried to imagine the general bonded to a dragon and what type of beast it might be. The thought amused me.

"But the dragon is gone," General Altair stated.

"For now."

[i]It is here.[/it] My White growled again and the general reached for his swoord.

"Not the dragon," I mused. "Something else. What is it, My White? What chases you?"
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:06 pm
ScarlettFire says...

((EEP. I totally forgot that I needed to post here. :O Also, someone totally needs to put Sanura in her room, guys!))

General Altair | Northen Courtyard - Palace:

Altair's grip on his sword relaxed and he frowned. What in all of Lyansa was going on here? Dragons and now this...something else. The General was more than a little confused. He scanned the courtyard, scowling. His Emperor was distracted and that had Altair worried. "My lord, are you sure you want me to leave you?" Altair asked, glancing towards the other General who was scowling in his direction. His Emperor didn't reply and Altair sighed. He turned and gave one of the nearby Palace Guards a look. "Go find the Prince!" He commanded, turning back to his Emperor.

Silence. Altair's Emperor was resting his head against the dragon's blindingly white scales, his eyes closed. Altair removed his hand from the hilt of his sword. His Emperor was safe. For now. He could relax and stand guard while one of the soldiers under him went looking for the prince. Satisfied that his Emperor was fine, Altair's thoughts turned to the Healer, Sanura. She had been unwell earlier and now he was worried. Was she still conscious and safe or was she again passed out on the floor? The General suddenly turned and headed for the palace. He had to check on her; he just had to. Nevermind leaving his Emperor leaning against a dragon in the far corner of the courtyard--there could be an unconscious healer in the hallways!
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington