z

Young Writers Society

What Just HAPPENED?! (started)

102 Reviews

Reviews: 102
Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:11 pm
katngo73 says...

okay you impatient people!!!!! ready to start!?
topic85943.html
click that and you'll be there!!! Have fun!!!
“There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t act a little childish sometimes.”-The Fourth Doctor
"Who I was, what I did, that's not who I am." - Castiel
"Friends protect you." - John Watson

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:14 pm
Emmzziee says...

Ooooh, I wanted to join :D
I want to play a game.

102 Reviews

Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:22 pm
katngo73 says...

sure, post your profile here real quick, okay? Oh, and for some reason, I can't see the original posts as before, so actually, pm me the profile.
“There’s no point in being grown up if you can’t act a little childish sometimes.”-The Fourth Doctor

120 Reviews

Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:42 pm
Emmzziee says...

awesome - thank you :D

Name: Amanda Young
Appearance: Amanda is, in actual fact, very pretty. But years of trying to tackle her emotions, and constantly being alone, has taken its toll of her. Amanda is of a nice weight and has a pretty face. But her skin is grubby and her eyes are usually black; they are always tired and watery, although she never cries. She has nice hair. Black and straight.
Spoiler! :
teenage drug abuse.jpg
teenage drug abuse.jpg (14.61 KiB) Viewed 140 times

Background: Amanda has had a very good childhood. However, growing up, she has quickly become depressed. Her parents, desperately trying to ignore her withdrawn behaviour, convincing themselves that she was going through a phase. But Amanda increasingly became more and more unstable - she lost all of her friends and eventually her parents, through obnoxious, spur-of-the-moment behaviours - which she now deeply regrets.
Personality: Amanda is a very unhappy kid. She hasn't had any friends, any job, or any support since leaving high-school and leaving her parents two years ago. She is now a drug addict, and often hallucinates. She has had a history of self-harming, and sometimes, to earn her keep, has no choice but to... well, to become a prostitute. Amanda finds no need in trying to live a normal life. Everything seems pretty pointless to her and she's now numb to most things, emotions included. Possibly because she is usually constantly under the influence of drugs.
Strengths: Amanda can seriously come into her own when she's fighting! She's also good at figuring things out and, if given a chance, can be friendly. Although she isn't very trustworthy.
Weaknesses: She finds it very hard to deal with her emotions. If somebody was to bring her down, it'd most likely stay looming over her for days.
Others: Amanda is very bad at controlling her drug habit. She could sit inside of her gloomy apartment for days at a time, taking her drugs (which she usually injects into her skin.)
Siblings: Amanda has one older sister. She has always been envious of her - a very stable and happy, ordinary girl with a lovely husband and one daughter. Amanda decided to not have anything to do with any of them.
Last edited by Emmzziee on Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I want to play a game.

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:00 pm
fictionfanatic says...

*I'm going to move the posts from the discussion thread to here. Hope that's alright XD*

Katngo73:
Abigail
Ugh, my head HURTS!!! I thought. I looked around, seeing my little sister on the ground, I rushed to her side. She was sleeping happily, like there was nothing horrible in the world. I grinned and looked around. We were in a forest. Wait, a forest?! I crept closer to LuLu. There were other people on the ground too. My eyes grew wide at an old man. [i]Herbert. a voice said in my head. I shuddered. But even though I was scared, I kept a smile on my face. I did that for LuLu. I stared as other people began to wake up. I smiled smugly as I carried LuLu to a dark corner in the trees.
"LuLu, dear. Wake up." I cooed.

Emmzziee:
Amanda Young, 18 - Withdrawn and depressed. Drug addict.
I woke up, and I couldn't feel dust and rubble underneath me. Before I opened my eyes I knew; of course I knew that I wasn't in my mouldy, disgusting old flat any more. No sir.
So... wait a second.
Have I... been kidnapped?
"Help me!" I croaked, beginning to open my eyes.
But when I did open my eyes, I noticed that it wasn't someplace stuffy.
We were outside? Why the hell would somebody kidnap me and stick me outside?
I opened my eyes some more, and noticed that there were other people all around me.
Other people?
Eesh. It'd been a while since I'd been in contact with other people.
But I wasn't going to be deterred.
Beginning to shake, I'd noticed that a few other people were beginning to wake up, too.
"Whose done this?" I screamed, manically. "Which one of you little freaks kidnapped me?!"
One of them took a step towards me.
"Wait a second here, calm down..."
"Don't you tell me to calm down!" I shrieked, actually waking a few other people up in my wake. "And tell me where I am!"
"No, I am telling you to calm down," the person whispered to me. "All of us... I think that we've all just woken up here too, same as you. Okay? Look here, this seems a nice, happy place..." The person whispered, gently stroking a tree leaf that was looming above them.
Live, Love, Laugh

84 Reviews

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:12 pm
fictionfanatic says...

LuLu

"LuLu dear, wake up."

"Abigail, I tired." I said, rubbing my hands against my eyes.

"I know LuLu, but it's time to wake up."

Opening my eyes, I saw a lot of trees. A smile spread across my face, and I sat up and cheered, "Sissy, are we camping!?"

Abigail smiled at me and said, "Yeah LuLu, we're camping."

Climbing out of her lap, I saw a lot of other people waking up, and two people were arguing. I walked over to them, and Abigail said, "LuLu, no!"

I kept going. The girl with black hair looked really sad.

Looking up at her, I tugged on her shirt. When she looked down at me I asked, "Why are you sad, lady?"

I groaned, my head pounding with an agonizing headache.

"Whose done this?" A girl screamed, manically, "Which one of you little freaks kidnapped me?!"

Standing up, I approached her, "Wait a second here, calm down..."

"Don't you tell me to calm down!" She screamed, waking some of the other people up "And tell me where I am!"

Patiently, I whispered, "No, I am telling you to calm down. All of us...I think that we've all just woken up here too, same as you. Okay? Look here, this seems a nice, happy place..."

Reaching above me, I stroked a soft leaf of a tree and whispered, "It's pretty."

I looked around, looking for a familiar face. And for some reason, I seemed to remember everyone. And then I saw Alek, still sleeping.

Smiling at the girl, I snapped a weak end of the tree's branch, and went over to Alek, brushing the leaves over his face. He pushed them away, and when he still didn't wake up I grabbed him by his hands and began dragging him over to the tree the girl was at. A spider crawled by, so I scooped it up.

Cupping it in my hands, I placed it on his face. It began to crawl around and he finally woke up. Opening his eyes, he grabbed at the spider and looked at the spider. When he saw it was a spider, he grimaced, then smirked and looked up at me.

Eyes widening, I began to stand to run. Before I could run, he grabbed me by my leg, pulled me back down to the ground, and shoved the spider down my shirt.

"Alek!" I screamed through my laughter.
Live, Love, Laugh

413 Reviews

Reviews: 413
Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:27 pm
Cailey says...

Yes, agreed, I want to start! :D
A non-writing writer is a monster courting insanity. -Kafka

Look: A Link! https://caijobetweenthepages.wordpress.com/

120 Reviews

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:58 pm
Emmzziee says...

Spoiler! :
I wrote a lot more than this before, and it sounded a lot better, but my computer took it all away :O!

Amanda Young.

Some little kid had hold of my skirt. "Why you so sad, lady?" she whispered.
Sad, huh. I had no idea what she was talking about. Whether she was talking to me. Whether I was dreaming.

I felt agonised... Get off of my skirt, get off of my skirt, get off of my skirt! I was thinking.
I didn't bother answering the kid. Maybe I was too scared.
maybe not.
I absent-mindedly reached my hand over my head and began stroking the tree leaf.
And it felt nice.
The last thing that I'd felt was a needle sinking into my flesh. And then the feeling of numb.
A good feeling.
Or a bad feeling.
I didn't have a clue.

Last night... what else did I feel? I'd felt a piece of metal slitting my wrist. I'd seen blood.
And the very last think that I'd felt was the gritty, grubby floor of my apartment.

I looked down at my wrist.
I saw the thin piece of cloth.
But then another girl came over before I'd had the chance to further piece together how I'd got here. It was the girl from earlier. She was... dragging some guy behind her?
She smiled at me. The little kid giggled. I guessed that she was being funny; having fun. But I was too out-of-it to care.
I couldn't remember what it felt like to have fun, anyway.
The guy woke up. Alek, I think his name was. They both began larking about and I starred at these two strangers, my eyes widening. I mean, I'd grasped that they knew each other, but I'd just completely forgotten that people could act this way.
God, how long have I been living in the shadows for?

The little kid was still standing beside me, and looking a little bit wistful. A little bit left out...
I wanted to say, "Hey, why you so sad, kid?!"
I wanted to grin at her. I wanted her to giggle at me...
But I didn't.
I groaned. The sunlight was making my eyes hurt and their laughter was making me nauseous.
And then I think I fainted. But I'm not so sure.
I want to play a game.

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:45 pm
DarthAJ says...

I'm sorry but I'll have to resign :( :(

413 Reviews

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:02 pm
Cailey says...

yes, I want to start!

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:11 pm
Justagirl says...

Drustan

I opened my eyes and saw light poking through the green foliage of trees above me. Where am I? Slowly, I got to my feet and looked around. There were many trees and small bushes scattered around me and they seemed to have no end. I must be in a forest... But how did I get here? I heard voices, "Alek!" Someone screamed while they seemed to be... laughing? Why would someone be laughing here? I almost snorted but instead moved to a tree and leaned against it - the voices seemed to be moving close to me.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

413 Reviews

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:15 pm
Cailey says...

Luna Rose Perez

I rolled over and suddenly found a bush in my face. Jumping upright, I tried to look around. Where was I? Definitely not in my plain room with boring white walls and a lonely metal bed. Instead, I was in some kind of forest. As I began to wake up, I saw tons of people around me, or at least what felt like tons. A girl and boy were wrestling in the grass nearby, and beside them a girl with dark hair was standing motionless. As I looked she fell over.
Without thinking I jumped up and ran over to her. Her face was cold, and I was sure she was sick. Then I noticed a piece of cloth that had been pushed adside to show her injured wrist. I'd only heard about people like this, drug addicts and emos. Never met one. Now I sat in the grass wondering what to do with this unconcious girl.
Meanwhile, a younger girl was standing next to me, poking my shoulder.
"Yes?"
"Did she die?"
"No!" I answered, supressing a laugh.
"Is she sleep?" The girl knelt down beside me and poked the girl.
"Yeah, something like that," I answered, pushing my long black hair away from my eyes.

84 Reviews

Sun Aug 14, 2011 2:53 pm
fictionfanatic says...

LuLu

After the lady, Amanda, fell over, another girl, Luna?, came over and started to look at her like doctors do when you get a check up.

Inching over to Luna, I poked her shoulder.

"Yes?" She asked, not looking at me.

Tilting my head to the side, I asked "Did she die?"

"No!" She answered.

"Is she sleep?" I asked, getting on the ground and poking Amanda.

"Yeah, something like that," Luna said back.

"Is she gonna wake up?" I asked, poking Amanda in the neck.

"Eventually." Luna answered.

Sitting down, I said with a smile, "I hope soon, she nice...I like her"

After I'd tackled Alek and gave him a punch to the stomach, he began chasing me to get me back. As I ran, my foot got caught on something and I lurched forward, falling over something and getting tangles up.

It took me a moment to realize that it was a boy, a boy with white blonde hair.

Through my laughter, I said, "I'm so sorry. My brother was chasing me because I punched him for putting a spider down my shirt!"

The boy looked at me like I was insane, which made me laugh even harder. I laughed so hard my stomach hurt. Clutching my arms around my stomach, I tried to stop laughing.

When I finally managed it, I smiled and untangled myself from the boy. Standing, I took the boy by his hands and pulled him up too, "I'm Karma, this is my cousin Alek."
Live, Love, Laugh

102 Reviews

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:27 pm
katngo73 says...

Abigail
"LuLu no!" I cried out as my little sister walked towards a dark girl. This place wasn't entirely safe. These people could hurt us. Especially that.......girl, Amanda, I think that was her name. I stood up and began to run to LuLu. She was poking that Amanda. "OMG!" I gasped as Amanda fainted. I ran over to LuLu and scooped her up.
"LuLu, what did you do?!"
There was another girl there, sort of like a doctor. Luna. Wow, how do I know all this? I asked myself.
"Abby, I touched her!" my sister said excitedly.
"LuLu, she fainted."
"What does fainted mean?"

I left the question unanswered as I stared at a boy and a girl. Karma. Alek. There was this creepy dude that reminded me of Malfoy in Harry Potter- Drustan. I shuddered. He looked absolutely creepy. But in a sort of good and bad way. Anyways, I liked him better than Amanda. "Drustan." I whispered happily to myself. I heard him groan as he woke up. I turned my head away as he stared at me. Then, and only then was when I felt a fluttery feeling in my stomach. What was wrong with me? I'm only fourteen and I like boys already?!

297 Reviews

Reviews: 297
Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:46 pm
Justagirl says...

(OOC: Wait, did Drustan faint or somethin'?!?!)

Drustan

I groaned. What had just happened? One moment I was alone and happy the next I was on the ground after being tackled by some girl named 'Karma'... Huh?

"I'm... Drustan." I said quietly from my place on the ground.

Not liking how everyone was looking down on me I got up and brushed myself off.

"So, who are you all again?" I asked, keeping my voice soft and low.
"Just remember there's a difference between stalking people on the internet, and going to their house and cutting their skin off." - Jenna Marbles

~ Yeah I'm letting go of what I had, yeah I'm living now and living loud ~

Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality.
— Jules de Gaultier