z

Young Writers Society

The Mage's Prophecy [Full]

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:01 am
WebzTycoon says...

Thank you Princessofdarkness! Just to be fair, since I picked two characters that weren't really a species you could choose, I'll make two dwarf characters for yah ;) And just for the sake of it, I'll make a boy and girl one

Name: Davis Buckrooth

Race: DWARF X3

Appearance (No Anime): Well, he's short, a little chubby, has green eyes, and redish-brown hair and abnormally large ears that help distinguish dwarves from humans and elves. He also has big feet and a large round belly. He generally likes to wear cloth, dirty brown working clothes and sometimes a hood.

Personality: He's a bit grumpy, and is often the one who starts fights at bars (for he drinks a lot) but back home, he has a wife and kids who he think by joining the war effort will help protect them.

Powers (Elves Only): He can swing a sledgehammer :)

History: Well, he's from the mountains, and believes he's half giant. He was abandoned at an childbirth and was raised by humans. When he was older, he moved back with the dwarves in the mountains to learn how to be a warrior and a true dwarf.

Other:He's known as one of the biggest and strongest dwarves in all the land. He can swing a sledgehammer :)

Up For Love?: well...he's kind of taken.

Name: Phillip Hagsmire.

Race: Dwarf

Appearance (No Anime): He's so young he hasn't grown his beard yet. Instead, he has short, spikey red hair (all dwarves have either red, or brown hair where Phillip comes from) and brown eyes.
Personality: He's an archer and a swordsman, and likes to carry both. He is young, but cocky, and thinks he is the best warrior in all the dwarfdoms.

Powers (Elves Only): He can use his charming young looks to persuade people.

History: He comes from one of the richer families in the dwarfdom. He has a loveing mother and father who love and somewhat spoil him. All his life, he's been expected and told he is a great warrior, and so he tends to think that he's invincible. He's been forced to marry another young dwarf girl, however, he could care less about love for he seeks adventure and fortune, and believe the war can grant that to him

Other: He doesn't like people with powers. He thinks they cheat in war by having them. They make him feel unworth of such a ability.

Up For Love?: Nope, engaged.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:18 am
PrincessOfDarkness says...

I'm adding ONE open slot for the Dwarves and Werewolves, but TWO for the Vampires and Elves.

Do not, if you already have a character, change it.
Signature Pending

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:45 am
creativemuse1 says...

Name: Stephan
Race: Elf
Appearance (No Anime):
Spoiler! :
(Didn't feel like describing what he looks like.)
Personality:At times he can be strict. He tries to lead people to good. He cares about people. He is honestly harsh. He tells the truth even if it is bad. He is loving. He is family oriented. He likes to flirt with women. He is very loyal to his friends and to the people. He is hotheaded at times. He is sometimes impulsive. He is naive but will eventually become a wise person as his journey progresses. He can be very persuasive. He is determined to complete a task no matter what the consequences is. He is very optimistic.

Powers (Elves Only):He can control the elements. He can speak to animals and control them. He can heal others but has a hard time healing himself. He can see the future and the past. He can use a sword and a bow and arrow and a spear. He can fight with his bare hands. He can see and hear inside people's mind but it will cost him if he does do it, So he doesn't do it that much. When he gets really really angry, he will go on a death rage, He will attack anyone during this time.

History: (Comes later)
Other: (comes later)
Up For Love?: Yes
:)Life is full of hard times and good times. Lift your chin up, Ladies and Gentlemen.

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:14 pm

You can start!!!

Arwen ¬

The leather straps across my chest fastened quickly. I sped through the forest- a shadow- a blur through the tangled, overgrown plants. I launched myself up, clung to the branch and flipped over the fast flowing river. I ducked under a log. I shattered the boulder to the left of me, hovered the shards in the air and jumped on one of them. It wobbled, but I jumped off of it, useing my levitation skills to push me higher. I landed on the branch in a crouch. I surveyed the floor below me. I jumped down, pulled two throwing knives out of my and threw them.
Chuck! Chuck!
The knives buried them selves up to the hilt in the tree trunk. Satisfied with my training, I pulled them out.
"Well done," I spun round, and came face to face with someone I didn't know.

(OOC: ^^ Could be anyone ^^)
(I'm still waiting for my reservations to post their forms, but I am accepting no one else from this point on.)
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Reviews: 82
Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:26 pm
gleek456 says...

(Hey Princess! Just asking, is it morning, afternoon, or evening? The time of day affects my character. I'm just going to say that it's morning. :) )

Isabelle Gonzalez

I was lurking in the forest, looking for something. Well, I wasn't really looking for something. I only said that to make myself believe that I was occupied. I suddenly hear instant rustling somewhere near me. Finally. Something to thrillseek, I thought to myself.

I burst into a sprint and began following the rustling. I dodged all the trees that were in the way to ensure that I'm not injured by the time I get there. The rustling finally stopped, as I heard something hit a tree. I peek behind a tree and roll my eyes. It was just an elf, I complain to myself. She pulled out the two knives from the tree. I step out from the tree and begin clapping slowly.

"Well done," I said. We were face to face now. I leaned against a tree. "For an elf."

The last part made her look offended, so I crossed my arms. Thank goodness it's morning. I hated having to escape my body, and into the werewolf's. I started combing my hair with my fingers while waiting for the elf to respond.

(Hope this is okay Princess!)
YOU'VE GOT THAT ONE THING

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:21 pm
WebzTycoon says...

Name: Vincent Shadowblade
Race: Vampire
Appearance (No Anime): Black hair, black eyes, pale skin, typical teen-age 16 year old look a like vampire.
Personality: He generally tends to himself, not really revealing any info on who he is. He is generally a great leader in combat and plans good war strategies.
Powers (Elves Only): Can suck the life out of people, turning them into a vampire. This has always been a vampires ability
History: Not much is known about his history. His mother and father had been killed at a young age. He doesn't like to talk about it.
Other: He appears young, but is really hundreds of years old
Up For Love?: Had a crush on a human, who died at the hands of a werewolf, creating a hate for them.
Last edited by WebzTycoon on Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:27 pm
Demoness says...

Heey, I'll post a char - (An elf) if you can't accept anyone else though I understand and you can just ignore it :PP
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

424 Reviews

Reviews: 424
Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:52 pm
View Likes
Demoness says...

Name: Talitha

Age: Appears to be no more than 9 but is a lot older really.

Race: Cursed Elf

Appearance: She’s got quite short, almost white hair that dances wildly around her head. Her eyes are of a very intense blue colour and her skin is ashy-pale. She’s very short and skinny as she inhabits the body of a nine-year old. She dresses in simple dresses in fair colours.

Personality: Talethia hasn’t since her brother disappeared when she was nine years old been able to function in crowds. She’s very hostile against others and also deceptive and unreliable. She trusts nobody and wanders the elvish woods without ever finding peace.

Powers (Elves Only): For one she doesn’t grow old, but she’s also immune to physical pain and can’t be easily killed. She’s considered half-immortal, and resembles vampires a lot on this point. As any elf she’s also a quick runner, but in difference to a vampire she’s not very strong.

History: Talitha grew up deep inside the green, lush forests of Aleafia with her elder, elf grandmother and her little brother Timothy. As a child Talethia was quite mischievous and wayward, thus she often got in to trouble. Yet her family and tribe loved her still and accepted her for who she was up until her little brother Timothy’s fifth birthday. Talethia was nine years old at this point and wanted to take her brother for a birthday adventure. Therefore sneaked him past the elders and took him to the Silver Lake which she’d been told never to visit. But it was a very beautiful place and Talethia loved it there and wanted her brother to see the place even though there were rumours of the dangers in form of spirits and demons that lured there. Talethia and her brother reached the lake and her brother surely was amazed but he got too close to the water and Talethia watched him get lured into the fog and lost him. Talethia stayed at the lake for three days, searching the pond, diving into the depths without finding a thing before her clan brought her home only to ban her from ever returning again. Something must have happened to her at the lake though, because she hasn’t grown a day older since. In the present day she’s on a mission to find and aid the twin-brother since she resents Aleafia for taking her brother and doesn’t want either peace or happiness to ever spread through the lands.

Love: She doesn’t think she is interested in a relationship… but you never know, love is hard to resist once it’s caught you.
"Some say the world will end in fire;
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice." - Robert Frost

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:07 pm
Redfang18 says...

Jack Starmie

I strummed my fingers against the strings of my lute, keeping my eyes closed as I played. My music, even as a vampire, always took me away into the deepest depts of my soul. I played like a master, letting the music steal me away. As I played, I heard a piccolo join my lute. I knew it was Willow. She was one of the few elves I knew who played the piccolo. We played in harmony, letting ourselves be lost in our musical duet.
Once we finished our music, Willow said, "Your music is always mesmerizing when you play."
I said calmly, "Sometimes it just takes me to where it wants me to go. The music just steals me away and I let it."
Willow chuckled and said, "Wise as always, Jack." She kissed my cheek and put her head on my shoulder as I resumed my solo. Willow was one of the few elves who would approach me and do anything else but hurt me. I couldn't hurt the elves. I was a gentleman to them and nothing else.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

35 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:10 pm
View Likes
creativemuse1 says...

I rode my horse, The King's Men, in the forest. As a knight of the Elves it was my duty to protect the forest and its people that dwell within it. I heard footsteps and whispering ahead. "Do you hear that, Herald?" I asked, as I turned to see one of my loyal and most trusted friends come down from his horse. "Yes, Stephan." he replied, sourly. "We don't have time to check it out." I chuckled a little. He was always serious about his work and his duty. "I beg to differ. Hyah!" I galloped toward the voices. "Besides, what if it is danger ahead?" I yelled. I knew Herald was growling behind my back. He was going to talk sourly about me tonight at the feast with my father. I came to a halt as a I saw two people talking.
:)Life is full of hard times and good times. Lift your chin up, Ladies and Gentlemen.

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:52 pm

Arwen ¬

I opened my mouth to answer, but stopped. A horse rode into the clearing. Was it an Elf? I stared curiously at the rider for a moment.
"Who are you?" I asked. "And who are you?" I turned round to the person, "You're not an Elf, you don't look strong enough to be one," I smiled coldly.
Signature Pending

82 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:02 pm
gleek456 says...

Isabelle Gonzalez

I smirk at the elf. I push myself off of the tree and started walking towards the elf.

"I'm Isabelle, I'm a werewolf. I am obviously not a elf," I say. The elf looked me up and down.

"You don't look like one," the elf said. I roll my eyes.

"I'm in my human form, Sherlock," I say coldly. I look at the elf on the horse. He was looking at me with a strange expression.

"Now, tell me who you are," I said, crossing my arms again.

42 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:10 pm

Arwen ¬

I grip my knives tighter, but then sheath them.
"I'm Stephan," The Elf on horseback says.
"I'm Arwen," I say. "I'm a Elf Assassin," I sneer at the Werewolf. "But I left the Coven a while ago, after my friend was killed by a Dragon." Even the WereWolf looks shocked.
"You've met one?" I nodded.
"They're aren't supposed to be nasty creatures, but this wasn't like the Dragons you here in tales. This Dragon was evil, pure evil. It was in some sort of blood lust. It was crazy," I shake my head. "Arya didn't stand a chance. The Dragon killed her, I escaped because she managed to distract it. It was the worst thing I could've done. Maybe we could of taken it down together, but ... It was not to be so,"
Signature Pending

35 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:16 pm
creativemuse1 says...

I smirked. "My name is Stephan." I got off my horse as I spoke. "You, werewolf, are on Elf territory. I see you are far from your clan or whatever you tend to call your people." I stayed by my horse just in case they were hostile. I kept my horse's reigh in my hand, just in case. One can never by too sure. These are dangerous times. With robbers on every road towards the nearest cities and towns and cutthroats murdering the innocents, including elves and dwarves. It was my duty to protect my people and if I do not know someone I question them. I rubbed my temples with my right hand as I thought. They will bring trouble to my people. "I do not care where you are from and who you took down. You will bring trouble to my land."

82 Reviews

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:31 pm
gleek456 says...

Isabelle Gonzalez

I notice how the elf is still gripping the horse's reigns. I roll my eyes. This elf is scared of me? I laugh silently and then sigh.

"Calm down. I didn't take anyone down. I was just following Arwen, since she caused a ruckus in the forest," I said. I smile sweetly. "But if you want, I'll leave," I said with a hint of sadness. I turn, and began walking slowly away from the elves. No wonder the dwarves hate the elves, they're not very hospitable. I laugh at the thought.

"Wait!" I heard a voice behind me. I scratch my head and turn around.

Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet