z

Young Writers Society

Apprentice Games (Open, Starting)

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:34 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

In Zygryk there is one Master that is revered above all others, he is smarter, he is stronger and he holds the keys to more magical secrets than the rest of the world put together. He is beloved and hated by everyone everywhere and yet they can only stand in awe of his power. The man is rumored to have founded the three types of magic users. First he created the Mages. The people of tricks and potions. They can brew potions and have limited magic, but it all comes from learning. The more you learn the more powerful you are.
Then there were the Sorcerers and Sorceresses. These people have a magic of their own but can improve that by learning more. They also create potions but theirs are much more potent, and they can draw magic out of the very earth.
Finally he made the Enchanters and Enchantresses. These are born with magical powers that are set. They cannot grow stronger, or more powerful, and they each specialize in one element, on occasion two. Their powers are hard to control but once they are mastered, the Enchanter is nearly impossible to stop except by another born with more power.
This man was believed to live forever, and had never once taken an apprentice under his wing. Until he opened up the apprentice games.
Every person posessing a magical talent was compelled to join in the competition to learn the secrets of Igavene Mees, the man who they considered their creator. There were only two warnings.
1) Once you entered the games there was no turning back
2) Any disqualification would only come through your own death

So, if you want to join the games and battle for your life here is your character sheet

Name:

Type of Wielder (Mage, Sorcerer/ess or Enchanter/ess):

Powers:

Strengths:

Weaknesses:

Appearance:

Personality:

Other:

Rules
1) No God Modding
2)Dont make your character too powerful
3)Keep the swearing to a bare minimum. I mean it, like one every 10 posts might pass, but seriously, keep the language clean
4)No sex scenes!
5)Dont kill off anyone elses character without permission

Also, we don't actually have to have everyone but one die, I know that's what Igavene said, but we can figure something out. Romance is ok, just keep it clean-> see rule #4.

I know that this could turn out to be a really cool storybook, and I hope you join!
Last edited by KindredSpiritBee on Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Llamas do not have six packs

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:18 pm
Redfang18 says...

Name: Artemis Darkrai
Type of Wielder: Mage
Powers: Fire and potions
Strengths: have a knack for sleeping potions and can set a small pile of logs alight without looking.
Weaknesses: afraid of heights, can't swim, and can't take a life using a potion.
Appearance: bronze skin, red hair, black eyes, and wears green at all times.
Personality: hot-tempered, but kind to friends and sneaky to rivals.
Other: likes a good prank every now and then.
Look down and show some mercy if you can.
Look down, look down, upon your fellow man.

~~~Les Miserables

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:32 am
Shadowlight says...

THIS STORYBOOK SOUNDS SO FREAKING COOL!!!

Name: Demhara Torre

Type of Wielder (Mage, Sorcerer/ess or Enchanter/ess): Mage

Powers: Illusionist

Strengths: Demhara is intelligent and intellectually quick on her feet. She is gifted at masking things in her illusions, that attack the victims mind and disrupt all of the senses connections to reality. once she has her opponent snared in her fantasy world they are helpless. she is able to ensnare more than one person in her illusions at a time but it is harder to fully incapacitate groups. Being a member of a high standing political family, she and her siblings were all taught some form of combat or another. Demhara can use two long knives she keeps hidden under her long Kameez.

Weaknesses: Her innocence and trusting spirit are a huge handicap for her. she isn't very good at any other types of magic, and she is horrible at hand to hand combat.

Appearance: Demhara is a petite young woman standing 5'3" and she has long poker straight black hair reaching to her hips. she had large brown eyes and she always has them rimmed in black kohl eyeliner to accentuate them.
Spoiler! :
Demhara.jpg
Demhara.jpg (30.71 KiB) Viewed 330 times

Personality: Demhara grew up in a family very wealthy and politically influential family because of this she believes she is entitled to certain rights. She is very proud of her family line, she can get haughty (this is a defense mechanism) and will get aggressive if someone attacks (emotionally or physically) herself or someone she cares about.
She has no street knowledge or smarts of any kind, and is explicitly trusting to a fault.

Demhara is innocent and unaware of how violent, unkind, and cruel the real world can be- she was kept very sheltered by her overly protective parrents. She believes the world is a wonderful and safe place.

She holds her femininity, honor and morals in very high regard, but she is not a pushover nor is she weak and subordinate, she is a chivalrous young woman. She has a maternal nurturing streak and will play "mother" to anyone who might need her. Demhara is not a fighter naturally, she is more of a peacemaker, so she is extremely out of her element competing in the Games.

She was pressured by her whole family to join the Games to bring honor and renown upon them and her family pressuring her on her weak front (her honor) caused her to give in and join even though she had misgivings.

Other: Demhara is a hopeless romantic and would be very willing to be swept off her feet if the right "white knight" came along. She has a lovely singing voice and loves to dress nicely whatever the occasion. She has a Griffin-hound
( a huge breed of hunting dog) named Oded. She loves him dearly and was heartbroken that she had to leave him home.

(Is this alright Bee?)
"D*** the torpedoes! Four bells! Full speed ahead!"~ Admiral David Farragut

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:34 am
KindredSpiritBee says...

That's great shadow! I love it!

Name:Darian Michaels

Type of Wielder (Mage, Sorcerer/ess or Enchanter/ess): Enchantress

Powers: Fire

Strengths: She's exactly what her powers indicate, powerful, passionate and has a temper that's so hot it's terrifying sometimes. She is especially good at hand to hand combat and fights until she's dead.

Weaknesses:She's blind. She can't see a thing and it isn't as if she can use her earth magic to sense where her enemy is, she's a fire enchantress. Her powers are very chaotic and she can go from accidentally blowing something up to being completely out of magic.

Appearance: Short and thin, she packs a lot of muscle onto a little frame and it shows. Her hair is long, curly and brilliantly red, and her eyes are a shade of sky blue but they always have a blank look in them. She is blind, after all.

Personality: She's a sweetheart, when she wants to be, but usually she doesn't. She prefers keeping people at arms length where she can hit them if they start pitying her for her blindness. It isn't easy to get past her sarcasm, but it's worth it because she takes care of you. She can be fiercely protective of her friends, and is violent when she feels that they're threatened.

Other: past- when her powers first started emerging she was even more unstable than she is now, she would light on fire randomly and ignite everything around her. One night she woke up to find that exactly that had happened and her house was on fire! She got out, burning her body and her eyes badly, and her eyes never healed. Unfortunately, neither did her heart. Her parents died in that fire and she's held herself responsible for it all. She won't accept any pity from anyone about her blindness because she feels that it was what she deserved.
Oh, and she's up for love, but watch out, she fights people when they start getting closer.
Llamas do not have six packs

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:45 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Name: Rallegor Darkheart

Type of Wielder (Mage, Sorcerer/ess or Enchanter/ess):Sorcerer

Powers:Evocation and Necromancy

Strengths:If he sees you, and doesnt like you, you have ten seconds.

Weaknesses:He has to follow the rules of magic that I use for my characters, which are : 1. Whatever you do, you will get repaid threefold, whether it be good or bad. 2.The power you use, and how you use it, is determined by the gods. if they dont like it, it will not work. 3. These rules only apply to my character.

Appearance:6 foot 5, wears black robes, black boots, a black trenchcoat, mirror sunglasses, his hair is long, wavy, and black. He also has a staff through which he channels most of his energy.

Personality:Dark, reclusive, usually works solo, with the exception of small groups, which usually consist of no more than four. he is willing to be part of an army, if the need should arrive.

Other:There are two sides to his soul, and he occasionally will end up flipping between which part dominates him. For his light side, just think of a generic priest or cleric, light robes, magic dominance, illusion/Healing, strenths:very good healer,weak: is better in groups. Personality: happy, open, caring, etc.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"C IS FOR COOKIE! THATS GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME!"
- Cookie Monster, may he Rest In Peace

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:21 pm
Shadowlight says...

He's got a multiple personality disorder?????....THAT IS SO COOL!\

Also with the magic rules he follows- Do these apply only to him because of a religion he follows? If so that does make sense.

34 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:25 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Yes. he follows the pagan ways. I just modified them a little. if you look up paganism, you will not find these rules, except the first one. he gets hurt. A lot.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

32 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:29 pm
Redfang18 says...

Then he better not run into my character if that be the case.

~~~Les Miserables

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:32 pm
Shadowlight says...

I think Demhara is going to be even more out of her element that I at first thought....

Either that or all the other characters are going to think she's too weak to even bother with at first. :D

34 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:53 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Hey! why shouldnt I? is there something wrong with pagan characters? or the fact that he gets hurt? he is used to the pain, it doesnt bother him THAT much.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:59 pm
Shadowlight says...

I meant it as a joke!

That Demhara is weak! I was making fun of my Character not yours. sorry if you thought that.

34 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:16 pm
LostMagi42 says...

i was talking to redfang. he said that my character shouldnt run into his. you remember the cafe. this is the origional guy.
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

32 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:35 pm
Redfang18 says...

I meant to say that my character might attempt to steal something from yours, Magi. It's in my character's profile that he's sneaky. Just thought maybe giving you a warning. I got nothing against pagans at all.

~~~~~~~Red

P.S. I'm not a dude. I'm a girl.

~~~Les Miserables

42 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:45 pm
Shadowlight says...

I think that is the hardest part with YWS, if you don't see the little pink or blue symbol your screwed. XD

also so many peoples avatars don't match their gender. you have girls with male avatars or guys with girls, and THEN you have those of us who have animals and no one freaking knows what we are! :D

34 Reviews

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:26 pm
LostMagi42 says...

Sorry, I must have missed that part.
just a btw, how long until this starts?
"Fourty-two"
- Deep Thought

"There is no spoon"
-Strange Child

"Bow ties are cool"
- The Doctor

Writing is my soul made tangible on paper.
— bluewaterlily